Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun # 100

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun # 100

gma22
03-20-2005, 09:18 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
03-20-2005, 09:32 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIME FOR SERIOUS FUNSTERS! TODAY IS OUR 100TH THREAD!

:hb: :cp: :cb: :grouphug: :high: :encore:

SUNDAY: Today is silly poll Sunday and here is our silly poll. Most of you are original members of the thread but what did you hope to get out of this thread when you joined and do you feel the thread provided what you wanted?

***PLEASE SEE AMANDA'S POST ON #99. SHE GOT IN HERE THIS MORNING BEFORE I DID.***

Amanda :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

GREAT JOB ON KEEPING ON AMANDA!

Boy, I am jubilant today. I am down lbs for this week bigtime, Texas Tech won their round in the NCAA tourney yesterday, and I had 6 4 pters this week!

As far as the poll, most of you know this thread was started because of some horrible stuff that happened on another thread with me, partly my fault for seeing the best in people and being stupidly naive, mostly not, but anyway. I have gained life long friends, comfort, encouragement and joy from being here everyday and what more could you ask for?

Faye :)

gma22
03-21-2005, 06:09 AM
MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is the other white meat. Actually, it is all things non beef. Try to get fish or seafood in your diet once a week or every other week at least, lean pork cuts are pretty lowfat, turkey, chicken are all excellent choices. Try something new. Eat something new this week.

DH convinced me to finishing watching that shark movie on tv last night so we didn't get to bed until 11 pm. I had unlocked the gate to our deck yesterday because I am expecting my grandson's Easter stuff from Barnes and Noble by UPS today. The little monsters next door, came onto the deck with our dog outside and left the gate standing wide open. Jack happened to look out and see them and ran them off, but we locked the gate back up so I had to come down and unlock it for the guy to deliver this morning. All of this, to tell you I will be back a little later I am going back to bed for awhile.

Mirabelly
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm all discombobulated schedule-wise today. I didn't sleep last night, and got up at 4:30 to write, and slept for 2 hours this afternoon....now I'm still sleepy. I have dance tonight which is good, cuz I ate waaayyy too much yesterday. Doing well w/ food today, though. And it's in the 40's! Woo hoooo.......melt, melt, melt.

Faye, sounds like your life is a barrell of laughs as usual :D

TTFN everybody,
Julie

gma22
03-22-2005, 07:26 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is calcium! Many times we just don't get that calcium and when you are seniors, you end up with a dowager's hump or brittle bones. Get you calcium in every day girls with milk, cheese, yogurt and the like.

Check back in later

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
03-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi all,

I've had 2 wobbly days with food due to TOM, but I'm determined to get back on track now. I'll be lucky if I'll have lost any weight at all this month, but I haven't gained and that is a real accomplishment. Now my TOM has arrived, I feel really ready to make a fresh start with my food and really get into weight loss mode again.

FAYE - You are doing so well! 6 4 point days is excellent, and now the weight is shifting - yay!

JULIE - Hope that snow continues to melt away and the Spring flowers will get to bloom soon.

Everyone else.........hello!

Love Amanda x

Satine
03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Afternoon All - I have been MIA for a few days...my dh hurt his back again and this time it is really bad. He did it Thursday evening right before bed and was in unbearable pain all night, we were both up all night... I called the ER and they said to give him 4 advil every 4 hours, this did nothing to help him, he could not move...I was so scared, it made me crazy that I could do nothing to help him with this pain...the next day we called his Dr and he called in some steriod pills for the inflammation and some pain pills. He is able to get up and move around now, just very slowly. We have been to the Dr and he did some x rays and we are going to do an MRI this week...we are both hoping he does not have to have surgery, they say surgery is their last resort, I just want him to get better and be pain free ASAP...I have been so worried and stressed out over this...I am not really dieting at all, I am not going crazy and over eating I am just not counting any points and sticking to plan, I just cant focus on that right now when he needs my attention. So that is why I have not posted for a few days.

I don't have time for individual replies but I just wanted to check back in with you girls...have a great day...talk to you all later.

gma22
03-23-2005, 07:32 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so it is the day to get all your griping out!

Carri: You just take care of that hubby of yours and come back when he is all better and you feel better. Don't stress about your eating, you will be ok.

Amanda: Hope that ole TOM will be gone fast and you will feel fit as a fiddle

***FYI: TODAY IS MY LAST POST UNTIL TUESDAY MORE THAN LIKELY. WE ARE LEAVING TO GO TO MY SON'S FOR EASTER. EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT EASTER AND TAKE CARE TO EAT WELL!****

Amanda Panda
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm back on track with my food (again!) and had a good 4 point day yesterday. I did 35 minutes on the exercise bike, sit ups and hand weights, aswell as a walk earlier. Now my TOM has come I feel like a cloud has lifted and I feel fighting fit! I am just so happy to be back on track and am looking forward to another losing streak!

FAYE - Enjoy your Easter break.

CARRI - Sorry that your dh is suffering - it must be awful to see your loved one in so much pain. I hope that the Xray and MRI turn out okay, although he does seem to have been suffering alot with it lately doesn't he?

I expect it will be a quiet few days with Easter and Faye away, but I'll keep checking in to keep us off page 2 if nothing else!

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
*****BUMP!!!******

4 points for me yesterday! :bravo:

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Love Amanda x

Satine
03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi All, just checking in, thanks for all of the well wishes...I need your prayers today girls, dh is having his MRI done which will tell us exactly what has happened and what needs to be done, please pray that he does not have to end up having surgery. :)

Talk to you all later, I will keep you updated.

Take care!

Mirabelly
03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just checking in quickly. I'm doing well with my food, not so great with my water. I bought everyone in the family a tennis racquet for easter....we have a huge garage door that we can hit balls against.

Amanda--You're doing great hon! Keep it up!!

Carrie--Has your DH been to a chiropractor? PLEASE don't let him schedule back surgery before being checked over by someone other than an MD. Most back pain causes cannot be detected with xrays or mri...drugs don't help, either. And most back surgeries are a complete waste of time and money. I've been through it, my sister, My husband and mother and his father have all been through it. Seriously, people don't believe that chiropractors can really help...but they can. And for much much less money, time and pain that a regular doctor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Everyone else, have a great Easter weekend!
Julie

Mirabelly
03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone!

Sigh, another candy holiday.....I'm going to try to be good, but we have 3 kids and they get loads of candy.

I just finished 30 minutes of smacking a tennis ball against the garage--Joy! It's great exercise cuz I'm so BAD at it!! But I'm outside in the sunshine, and there's only a foot of snow :lol:

Everyone have a great easter and stay away from those jelly beans!

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
03-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

Well unfortunately I had a run in with an easter egg yesterday and the easter egg won! And at the store they had an offer of 'buy 2 get 1 free' - so I've still got another one going spare! Oh well, I don't normally bother with easter eggs which is why I've gone a bit mad this year!

I can't believe there is only 1 week left of March! I definately haven't lost any weight up to now - so I'll be happy as long as I haven't gained! I really have lost the plot with my eating this month - I've usually been off track for 3 or more days each week - but all the exercise I am doing has meant that I'm still toning up AND haven't put on any weight. I :love: exercise - especially if it lets me get away with overeating once in a while!

Speaking of exercise, I'm really excited as I'm joining my local gym soon! It's quite a fancy one too, with a pool and everything! I was planning to join the cheaper council run gym in the town centre - but we worked out that if we included the bus fares to and from town 3 or 4 times a week, it actually costs the same , if not more! This new gym is a 5 minute walk away, so I reckon I'll be there almost every day. I'm excited but a little apprehensive about joining, because it's a big gym unlike the last one I went too which was tiny and for women only - but I'm just going to get the most out of it and enjoy myself.

CARRI - Hope everything is okay for your DH - I will pray for him.

JULIE - Just 1 foot of snow? Spring is definately on the way for you my dear!

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
03-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Me again!

I got 4 points on Friday & Saturday - :bravo: :bravo:

The pool is open again after a weeks closure for repainting, so it was good to have a swim yesterday.

This week I'm attempting to cut my calories back from 1700 to 1600 - it may take a week to gradually cut down (especially with chocolate in the house!)

Hope you are all enjoying Easter

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
03-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Me again!

I had a terrible day yesterday - too much chocolate and no exercise! The good news is that the chocolate is gone now, so I can get back on track!

I'm in pain at the moment as I have got Iritis in my eye - it is an inflammation of the iris and is very painful. I need to go to the eye clinic tomorrow to have it checked out and then take steroid eye drops for about 6 weeks! I get it about once a year (for the last 4 years) and doctor's do not know the cause of it - it just appears out of the blue and then reoccurs. It was just my luck for it to come on saturday afternoon when the eye clinic is closed for the Bank holiday weekend, so I've just been putting up with it and taking pain killers - luckily it's not too bad, I've had it much worse.

I went on the exercise bike for 40 minutes today! That's the first time I've done 40 minutes - I think I had some excess energy as I didn't exercise at all yesterday!

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-29-2005, 06:57 AM
morning girls! I am back. I will post more this morning, but have errands etc to get back to normal. I will start topics again tomorrow.

Carri: Hope your hubby is truly on the mend.

Amanda: Sounds like you have been doing very well. Keep it up!

Julie: Hope you had a very nice Easter.

Suffice it to say my dd ruined the whole trip with her actions over the weekend and I came home an emotional wreck. I found out some very personal stuff she sat at dinner with practically strangers and spouted off about us. She also said something like this to her brother (of course not in front of us) " I am sure all your friends don't know our parents like we do." Jay said, "Actually, all my friends love mom and dad and think they're totally cool." I talked with he and his wife about how Jack and I can start handling her verbal abuse without her doing her take away the grandson routine. I think I have found some non threatening ways but still put it back on her. This is an example of something she said. We were at a restaurant and Jack dropped some gravy on his shirt. In FRONT of our waitress she said, "We just can't seem to take you two anywhere without you dribbling all over yourself." Her husband said something like, "You dropped something on your stomach." Or something like that to her and she lit into him. He rarely stands up for us if ever. Besides, they didn't take us, we took them to the tune of nearly $100 and they didn't even offer the tip. She didn't put one drop of gas in our car and let us pay for at least three of their meals! Don't get me wrong, we did it for about everyone we had lunch with, but her attitude and smart mouth were attrocious and they make twice the money her dad and I do. I have to do something girls and immediately. I am just afraid of being forbidden to see him but I can't take the abuse anymore. Saturday night, I was so upset when she humiliated me at a restaurant in front of others, I cried for a solid hour after Jack and I went to bed. That is no way to live and absolutely no way to lose weight either!

Enough of this. I hope all the Easter candy is gone now and everyone can settle down to eating well again.

Have a stupendous day

Amanda Panda
03-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

I had an excellent 4 point day yesterday - no problem sticking to 1600 calories now that the chocolate has gone! I've spent my afternoon at 'eye casualty' at my local hospital - I've got to take eye drops EVERY HOUR for the next 48 hours, then gradually reduce them over the next six weeks - what a pain, but better than risking my sight.

FAYE - I'm so sorry that your dd ruined your trip with her rude and nasty behaviour. I know you are in such a difficult position because of your gs, but that girl seriously needs to be told what's what. She KNOWS that she can get away with treating you both atrociously and you can't really challenge her because she is using her son as a weapon against you - but you have to draw the line somewhere. I hope that you can find a way to sort her behaviour out - you cannot allow her to treat you with such disrespect. I will pray for you.

Hope everyone had a great Easter - Carri, I hope dh's MRI was okay.

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Amanda :bravo: great job!

Amanda: I sure can use the prayers. Pray that I have courage to confront her with regards to the way she speaks to me in a non-threatening manner that may save my dgs and I's relationship, because this cannot continue. I appreciate your input and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Gotta fold clothes. Tons and tons of clothes! :lol:

Satine
03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Afternoon All - Just checking in with you all, me and dh are still waiting on his MRI results, they said we should know something the first of this week, so if I do not hear anything by tomorrow afternoon I am going to call them. He is doing okay I guess, hard to tell, he is on alot of pain meds that make him loopy sometimes...I am still praying every night that everything will be okay and it is nothing major. Thank you all for your well wishes!! :)

Faye - OMG... I would not have been able to hold back on that girl! I cannot believe she can honestly treat her own parents that way, it truly makes me sad. I hope you can figure this thing out, only for your dg sake...I am sorry that you have to go through feeling that way, especially from your own child...take care... :)

Amanda - You are doing such a good job, keep it up, I hope your eye gets better real soon, my dh has had to deal with something like that before and I know it is really painful.

Julie - Hi, hope all is well with you...

Talk later girls!!

gma22
03-30-2005, 03:12 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes which means we get to gripe girls!

I will try and get back in and post pts, but I am sick again with the stuff I had before. I have an allergy to cats and my ds and dil have 3 and her sister was at their house staying and brought her 3 so I had a rough time of it and it may be that. All I know is that I feel lousy again. I think my resistance may be down too.

Carri: We are praying for your hubby and know he is going to be right as rain soon!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - did another 40 minute stint on the bike which was REALLY hard work this time, I was sweating from head to toe!

The eye drops I have been given are making my vision really blurred and I can't see straight to write this post!

I heard on the news today that a woman was 'seriously sexually assaulted' in my local area - at 3pm yesterday afternoon whilst walking her dog! It happened right near the park where I take my walks - so now I won't feel safe going out on my own walking. Sometimes when I am in the park I am aware that I am the only person there (mid afternoon). I am so annoyed about it - it is so unfair that women can't even take an afternoon stroll in safety. Nigel isn't quite up to going out yet, but hopefully he will be soon and we can walk together - in the meantime I am going to have to avoid the park and quiet areas (boo - no more admiring the flowers in the park :( ) and stick to the main roads, which are full of traffic and noise and fumes. I know in my heart of hearts that I am going to find it very hard to be inspired to go for regular walks on the busy roads. I suppose I should just be thankful that it wasn't me who was attacked. The sooner I join the gym the better!

FAYE - Sorry you are sick again, hope you feel better soon.

CARRI - I will pray for your dh - waiting for the results must be really hard!

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-30-2005, 02:13 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

I probably won't have pts until I am over this gunk again. I hope I can get rid of it in a hurry as it takes the energy right out of me.

Hope everyone is doing well today! Keep working hard girls

gma22
03-31-2005, 04:38 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and pamper yourself just a little today!

check back in later girls

desertseatingoceans
03-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Ladies!
It's been too long! Well, Georgia was quite a trip...It made me want to go away to a university and do the whole dorm life thing. I had a blast. Unfortunately for me a whole mess of things went down while I was gone. My mother crashed my computer, so that is why I havent been on lately, I am at the Public Library right now. It turns out they took my house off the market because we are NOT moving. This would ordinarily be good news but the reason we arent relocating is because my dad called and he is being shipped off to Iraq....AGAIN. He's leaving in less than two weeks, and he's going to be gone for at least a year, but in army terms its more like 15-18 months. So naturally my mom is all pissy and depressed....already. She's been tearing apart the house like crazy. It's absolutely insane. BUT I might be going to Germany for a month or so in the summer time... :D . I am totally looking forward to that. I have never been to europe. I had been really off my game with excersice and diet with my trip and being stuck in a college dorm and all...but for the last few days I have been doing really well. 4 pointers for tues and wed and on track for another today. I don't know my loss for this month. If i get a chance, or if I get my computer fixed then I will try to get that to yall. Well...Im sorry there is no time for individual responeses...I am being timed for my computer usage! I hope yall are doing well, and I hope to be able to get back in here soon!
Nikki

gma22
03-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Nikki: :bravo: :bravo:

Nikki: Thanks for checking in! We worry about ya when you are gone a long time. We will keep your family in our prayers. What does your dad do, ie infantry or what?

Man, I am hacking my fool head off. I don't have congestion, but the runny nose and cough have really gotten me down. I am suspecting it is allergies this time as I am not coughing anything up. It is a pain to be sick again. I hate being this way and not feeling in control!

Enough griping. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

gma22
04-01-2005, 06:41 AM
NO TOPIC TODAY

I will do pts later

I NEED YOUR LBS LOST FOR MARCH AND YOUR APRIL GOALS RIGHT AWAY! (I FORGOT!!!)

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday. I'm weighing and measuring over the weekend, so I'll let you know my results-although don't expect too much as March has not been the best of months for me!

Well they said on the local news that they have arrested an 18 year old man in connection with the sex attack - but I still feel worried about walking in the park on my own as I take quite an isolated route. I'll stick to the main pathways from now on and just go at weekends when it's busy.

NIKKI - Gosh, your life is so chaotic isn't it? I feel for you hon - it's going to be difficult for you with your dad gone for such a long time, and your mother will find it hard on her own. I will pray for you and your family - you seem to have to cope with such alot for someone so young! I suffer from depression myself and have always said that I don't want to be a clinically depressed mother as it is not fair for the kids.

FAYE - Get well soon!

Hi to Julie and Sandy G (where are you?), Carri, and Jan

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM

I have a 5 lb loss for the month and am aiming for 10 lbs in April

Faye ;)

gma22
04-02-2005, 03:57 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share with us what you have!

I will check back in later this morning girls

Amanda Panda
04-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest from exercise. My eye is really getting on my nerves - my vision is constantly blurred and really sensitive to light. Hopefully it should start to feel better in a few days, when I can stop taking the drops that expand my iris.

Congrats on the 5lb loss Faye - that is not to be sniffed at!

I'm weighing and measuring tomorrow, so I'll let you know. I'll aim for 7lb for April though - I plan on having a good month!

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-03-2005, 06:49 AM
NO POLL THIS WEEK

SATURDAY PTS:

Amanda :cp:

Have a great day ladies

Amanda Panda
04-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi Faye - looks like it's just me and you at the moment!

I got 4 points yesterday. I lost 4lb in March - not good, but so much better than it could have been! I also lost 7 1/2 inches - 2 off my waist, 2 off my hips and 3 off my thighs - not forgetting the 1/2 inch off my right calf! :lol:

I've lost 16lb in total now since Jan 1st -it's coming off slowly, but this is the most I have lost in years - my pattern is normally to give up after 8 - 10lb, then put it all back on again and more!

As I said, I'll aim for 7lb this month.

Love Amanda x

turningleaf4me
04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi Girls!
Not sure if you remember me, it's Dorothy. I had to change my log in name because I couldn't get the old one to work. It used to be happydancedot. I see the site has changed immensely since I used to post up, but good changes. I see all the familiar names here, Faye, Carri, Julie, and Amanda.

I feel like the sheep that wandered off, hehe, but hopefully this time I will stay on track. I gained 15lbs during my little wandering off. I really like this new weight tracker and trying to figure out how to use it/change it as I go. I'm doing the WW plan again starting tomorrow and going to use the WATP videos so hopefully with that and you guys I'll be off to a good start.

I don't have as much free time to log on as often,but will be checking in. Hope you're all doing great and talk to you soon.

gma22
04-04-2005, 09:30 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to work hard to achieve our April goals. None of us has achieved one monthly goal yet girls, so let's really buckle down and do it this month!

POINTS FOR SUNDAY:

Dorothy: Welcome back and hope things work out for you this time!

Amanda: I am so very proud of you. You are truly working hard and you will be at goal in no time! I will put your lbs lost in the spreadsheet and on the tracker.

I have what they call allergic asthma caused by my dil and her sister's cats all being at their house at the same time. I just have to control my environment better when I am around more than one cat I guess. I was really stupid on Saturday, I have a bagless vacuum and took it out to the trash and emptied it and the wind was blowing so the stuff blew back in my face. I was almost completely better and by Sat night was coughing badly again so I am kind of back to at least square 2 or 3... :lol: I am on the mend though and plan on getting back to task tomorrow as I think I will have my strength back to get back to my routine.

turningleaf4me
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Girls!

Well so far so good. Breakfast was good and satisfying. I'll be happy to get past day one. Lately, I've been having trouble just getting started, so this is good for me right now. Think once I get through the first 2 weeks I'll be fine. So, I guess right now my mini goal would be to get through 2 weeks OP.

Take care and talk to you all later.

Satine
04-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Morning everyone ... I have decided as of yesterday to get back on plan in phases since I am stressed over dh's back... like this week I am cutting out all sodas and just drinking water. next week will go back on WW points plan but give myself 10 extra points per day to get used to it, then the following week only 5 extra points, and then finally the week after fully back on plan and just having my allowed points for my weight ... I feel like I will better be able to handle it by taking baby steps...

Amanda and Faye - congrats on your weight losses for March, you both have done a great job!!!

Julie - Where have you been lately? Hope all is well !!! :)

Dorothy - Yes I do remember you, welcome back and good luck !!!!

Keep me and dh in your prayers and I will talk to you all later ....let's make April a great weight loss month for us all !!!

gma22
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Carri: I definitely agree. You have so much on your plate right now that weight loss is way down the list. Try to just stay steady with where you are now until hubby is better and we will continue with the prayers.

I ask you guys to pray for my sister, who is not even 60 yet. Her husband has MS and when we went up there for Easter he was awful. He has been confined to a scooter during waking hours for a couple years now, but has gone through another transition since we were there at Thanksgiving. He now sits stooped over in the scooter and has trouble controling bodily functions. They have talked of nursing home care as he fell 10 times in 7 days alone in the house. She is their only means of support and has to work. On Friday, his home health aide found him fallen over on his scooter and his bowels had let loose. She thought as first he was dead. She called for help and they tried to get him in his shower and cleaned up, but he had another accident in the shower and they had to call the fire department to get him out of the shower so they could clean him and it up. They called my sister and she called his doctor and they took him to the ER. His temp was 102 and he had a very serious UTI so they admitted him. He is in the hospital until he is well then goes to a nursing home. She is alone in her home now and I know that is very difficult for her especially since my other sister and I live so far away. Her grown children all live there in town, but 2 of them are not very supportive and one of them has a drinking problem which has gotten worse since she has been having all these troubles because he is so worried about her. I talked her into coming down here after school lets out for the year for a few days (her dh's son is supposed to visit while she is down here) as I think it will do her good to get completely away from the situation. She is obese and gained at least another 40 lbs since I saw her at Thanksgiving, is diabetic, thryroid problems, blood pressure, problems and other health issues related to her size and her stress level. Thanks for your thoughts! Her name is Alberta.

Faye ;)

turningleaf4me
04-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Carrie & Faye: I will keep your dh & sis's dh in my thoughts. Hope things get better.

Amanda Panda
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - I'm so exhausted physically and mentally at the moment, but I am forcing myself to exercise as I don't want my mood to dip. It sounds silly, but ever since I started to use these steroid eye drops I've felt low and tired all the time - could such a small dose (but at high frequency) affect me? I don't know. I've got to go back to the eye clinic in another week.

Welcome back Dorothy - it will be great to have you around again! Well done for making a new start, as you say the first step is often the hardest.

FAYE - I will definately pray for your sister - MS is such a cruel disease - I have a friend who has it and she is only in her late 30's. I also used to work as a cleaner for a lady with MS and she was a young mum with 2 kids and was much like you described your BIL - the one thing she hated was that you could not keep your dignity at all with it.

CARRI - Your small steps sound great and you'll soon get back where you were. The last thing you want is to put too much pressure on yourself during this stressful time. Hope you hear soon about DH's MRI.

Hi to Julie & Sandy - hope you are both ok

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
04-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Just me again - Faye, can you post that birthday alarm link again - I tried to use it but it wasn't a working link?

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, my computer is still all messed up. We are having someone look at it later on today. I am glad everyone is doing well. I still dont know my weight loss..but my goal this month is going to be 8 lbs. Iknow I can do this. I have been really slacking so I need to make up for some lost time.
Faye-My dad is in the 628th forward surgical team, he is an OR nurse. I am so sorry to hear about your sister and I will keep her in my prayers.
Thanks everyone for the kind words about my dad and everything, I wish I had more time to do individual things, but I have got to get out of here. Hopefully soon I will have my computer back and be able to spend more time in here. Yall are doing great, keep it up!
Nikki

gma22
04-05-2005, 06:29 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is mental health. Several of us are going through stressful times, some of us have clinical depression, etc. Let's work to improve our mental health or emotional issues and they in turn will help us to better get control on our weight issues!

Amanda: See if this will work for you. http://www.birthdayalarm.com/

(FYI: Cut and paste and do not just click the link as 3fc doesn't want spam problems tx)

back later ladies

gma22
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Afternoon girls!

Amanda :bravo: Keep up the good work! You encourage the rest of us!

Julie: Haven't heard from you in awhile and we are all worried about you! Hope you and the family are ok! Just let us know if we can help. I think you have my e-mail if you need to talk to me.

This year is not starting out very good for us girls! The only one that seems to be doing really well is Amanda and we applaud her for that. I know that I can do much better and get back on track as soon as I can get over this coughing and stuff and I am getting there. I was doing super well and know I can do it again. For the rest of you, keep your chins up. I know you may be struggling, have family, health or whatnot issues, but know we are all here for each other in good or bad, ok????

Have a great day.

Amanda Panda
04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your kind words Faye - I am doing alright, but I could still do better! I suppose the fact that I only have a year till I get married really keeps me focused - every week counts!

I got 2 points yesterday - I was doing really well until I got the late night munchies and had a couple of slices of toast! :o It could have been worse as I was quite low yesterday and was fighting the urge to binge all day - so some toast wasn't too bad really.

Must go to watch CSI - my favourite show!

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-06-2005, 06:55 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe and a day to commisserate!

back in later gals

turningleaf4me
04-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Girls!
Okay so on Monday& Tuesday-I got 2pts for OP and 1pt for water, none for exercise.

The first day(Mon.) was hard, I was starving, but I think it was sugar withdrawal, lol. The next morning(Tues) was a little bad and I was cranky a bit, but by the eveing I guess my body was getting used to less food. Today's(Wed) been great so far.

Amanda- Congrats! I didnt know you were gettign married. You must be excited and what a get movitation that is. Keep it up!

Julie- I remember you! Hope all is well with you. :)

The weather here in NYC is great. Finally, some sun. I love spring! Take care girls.

QuilterInVA
04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Faye, I don't know if you remember me - we used to post together on another thread here. I've been looking for a group to join so I'm asking if I can join you. I"m also have a stressful time. My husband has congestive heart failure and now they are testing him for kidney problems and he may have to go on dialysis 3 times a week. We won't know until the 28th when they finish the last test - an ultrasound. My weight has stalled at 160 since January and I know it's my fault...I have 2 good days and then I eat everything in sight for a day, etc. Stress is not good but I'm trying to deal with it by not eating junk. My husband will get his first Social Security Disability check next week so that will help a little since I am now the sole breadwinner and we don't have much to spend on groceries of the better sort right now.

I'll be reading your posts!

Amanda Panda
04-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday. Haven't got much else to report - feeling tired today so am having a rest day from exercise. It was a warm day today with scatterd showers and silly old me wore my big old raincoat into town - I was so overheated and sweaty and I just felt so fat and miserable. :( I always have this love/hate thing about summer because I love the sun and it brightens my mood etc, but I hate being sweaty and uncomfortable. All around me were girls looking really cool and skinny and I felt like a huge heifer, and it wasn't even that hot - just nice and warm! The sooner I get this weight off the better - I say this every year, but this year I mean it - THIS IS MY LAST FAT SUMMER!

FAYE - What am I meant to do when I open up the birthday alarm site? Do I have to register etc? I went to the homepage and was a bit bemused aboutwhat to do - sorry!

DOROTHY - Well done for staying on plan for 2 days - it isn't easy is it? The good news is it will get easier each day. Yes I am getting married to my long term partner Nigel - next Spring, somewhere in the caribbean. We haven't booked it yet as we are waiting for his inheritance to come through after his mothers death - but hopefully that will be sorted out in the next 6 months.

SUSAN - Welcome to our group - it has been so quiet here lately, we are very glad of new members! I am so sorry about your husbands health problems - they sound very serious indeed. I will pray for you both. On a lighter note (literally! :lol: ) I must say WOW!- 196lb lost!!! :yikes: That is amazing. Please share your story, I am sure it is inspirational!

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Dorothy :cp:

Susan: It is so great to have you here. I have wondered what ever happened to everyone and why the majority stopped posting all at the same time. Kind of weird unless there was a problem you and I knew nothing about! Anyway, welcome and our group will be praying for your hubby. Seems like this is sick central lately between all the hurtin' husbands and my darn allergy stuff.

Amanda: You are simply amazing, girly! (here is the proper link so that you can put in your birthday, etc) http://www.BirthdayAlarm.com/dob/37842824a922173825b363

Dorothy: Good job! You are on your way back. I know you can do this!

It has been awful here today, storms upon storms, with tornado watches, storm warnings, lightening and driving rain. My doggy was so scared, I took him with me to go get hubby from work. He loves to ride in the car and has his own carseat. Yeah, I know, kind of weird, but it keeps him safe and he can look out the window.

I am reading the Amber Frey book and I also have the one written by his sister. This man was truly a sorry soul it looks like. There is a lot of evidence in these books that wasn't avaibable to the public. For one thing, the guy was a real pathological liar even when he didn't have to lie, he did. Interesting, but very sad stuff.

Well, gotta go for the evening. See you all in the morning, hopefully with a sunny sky tomorrow!

turningleaf4me
04-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi Girls!

Got 3pts for Wed.

Well Wed. was and an interesting day for me. The weather once again was really nice out, but soon we'll get clouds and rain. Keeping my fngers crossed Sunday will be sunny so Gizmo(my baby pup, he's really 3yrs old now, but still a pup in my eyes, hehe) & I can go to the park.Anyway, I amazingly, I stayed within my points! See, i'm supposed to only have 22pts per day on WW, but for lunch I had a Sbarro's pizza slice, which I thought was worth a regular 6pts, but came to find it was really 16pts!! Luckly I had only had 6pts previous to that meal and managed to have chicken with broccolli for dinner(3pts) and lotsa water and a salad. I kept it at exactly the 22 pts, good thing the slice was really filling, lol.

Amanda-Go for it girl! Your last "fat summer"! You can do it :).

Susan-Welcome! Just know that these girls are great. I too will keep your husband in my thoughts. And must give you a 2 thumbs up for those 165ls! WOW!! Way to go! I am truely happy for you.

Faye-Aww, poor pup, I used to have a dog that was terrified of thunderstorms. You'd be suprised the silly ways or things we can do to make them feel at ease.

Well take care girls!

gma22
04-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Do Not Post Here But Join Us At #101

QuilterInVA
04-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your welcome...I appreciate all your prayers for my husband. His health has deteriorated quickly over the last 6 months...and he's only 62.

Briefly, my story is like many. I first joined WW in 1971 weighing 356 pounds and reached my goal weight of 142 a little over 2 years later. I was able to maintain that until 6 years ago. At that time I had a recurrence of childhood asthma and was put on prednisone and my thyroid quit working. I gained close to 50 pounds - 191 at my highest and struggled with points. Got on medication for asthma and thyroid, had allergy immunization shots for 5 years - and got healthy. Got down to 175 and couldn't get the scale to budge. Went to a RDA and worked out a healthy diet, higher in protein and complex carbs, then WW Core plan came out and I went on that. Lost 15 pounds and now I'm stuck at 160. Since I'm now 63, I think 150 is a more realistic goal than 142 and had WW set it at the top of my range, 155 so I can quit paying again. Sorry - no magic secret - just lots of hard work.