Old 03-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~March 20~~

Good Morning All!

It's raining here this morning. Yuck. I was hoping for a nice day so we could play outside. I guess we should have done it yesterday. We cleaned the garage yesterday. It looks so much nicer now. The only problem: everything that was sitting in the garage waiting to come in the house is now sitting in the utility room waiting to come in the house! Most of it is going into the attic, so hopefully we will get it there soon.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been cleaning and getting things ready for my return to work most of the day. I have found 2 outfits I can wear for work. I have a couple other things somewhere, but haven't found them yet. Alot of it is probably in the attic over the garage, because it was all stored away before we moved, since I was pg. Guess I'll have to get up there tomorrow or Tuesday after work.

Told DH last night we've GOT to get all the crap out of the house. I have NO willpower right now...but I do have motivation. He agreed, because he's been hittin' the snack aisle at the grocery store too.

Here's a couple pics from this weekend:

First, a comparison...Peter on the left at 2 months, Robby on the right at 2 months:

And some pics taken yesterday:

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Welcome to all the Newbies!!!
Let's see..the best way to lose weight--break a tooth, get 2 crowns, then develop mouth ulcers all in one week and see what happens!! I am back from misery and hopefully on the way to keeping it off...

Lauren--They look alike!!! K had a followup x-ray and her clavicle is healing great!! One more week with the brace and then it goes into her baby box!!!

Well.off to work with my Ibuprofen and numbing gel!!! Take care!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #4  
No description available.

Hi to all!
Karen, I admire your efforts with your garage. I just close the door and pretend it doesn't exist.

Hey Lauren, hugs to you with going back to work today. I know how it sucks (can I write that?) to be so pulled. Hang in there!

RR, glad your little one is doing better, now make sure that you are doing okay! Let us know how the painful mouth diet affects the scale!

I think I have finally broken the plateau that has plagued me since October. I have been using the elliptical for an hour a day, 5 days a week, and am 175.5 today! Woohoo!!! Isn't perspective interesting? I remember being horrified at being 175 with my second pregnancy and feeling rather blimpy. Now I feel svelt and wiry....
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  
one more time

Default Hi there

Hello! I hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in. I'm relatively new to 3fc and have been trying to find a place to fit and this seems great.

I'm 34 years old, married for 9 1/2 years and I have two kids (a 5 year old DD and 11 month old DS). I have struggled with my weight since my early twenties and I finally decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and get off my behind and DO something.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies.
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:57 AM   #6  

Welcome, LadyHawke!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi All!

Welcome LadyHawke! Hope you feel welcome here!

Jen, Congrats on the loss!!!

RR, geez! Do we need to get that plastic bubble back out for you?!

I'm coping at work...
Old 03-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a good week. Mine is OK so far. Nothing special going on. If I could just get over the cough I'd be perfect. It was pretty much gone yesterday afternoon, but it's back this morning. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it.

Midwife: Yeah on the loss! Isn't the elliptical fun. I wish I had let DH buy me one when he bought the treadmill. I really don't have room for it tho.

LadyHawke: Welcome! This is a great place.

Lauren: Those are some cutie patooties you have there! I hope yesterday went OK for you.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, first day back was OK...that doesn't mean I'm happy to be back, especially in this position, but it was OK. Robby did great at daycare....he was all smiles when I picked them up. Apparently all the staff there had their way with him, so he got lots of attention!

Being back to work is definitely good for the diet!! I bought a bunch of LC's and am bringing them for lunch, along with some extra veggies and a small dinner roll, because they never give you enough in them. I was starving by the time I got to daycare last night, and decided to finish Peter's chicken nuggets that he didn't! If I didn't eat them, I probably would've stopped somewhere though, so that was OK. Think I'm gonna start journaling again, now that I'm not soo embarrassed at what I'm eating!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hi to all! Yesterday my dh bought me a treadmill! I am so excited!!! Now I can walk at home and don't have to worry about my kids getting in the road and all! Of course I have to take an easy cause of my back and my sciatic nerve.

Welcome Ladyhawke! I am new to 3FC as well.

Lauren Your boys look so much a like! You are going to have to put names on the backs of your pictures! LOL

Midwife sounds like you are doing it! Keep up the work!

Have a great and successful week everyone!
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:09 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Tina, Yeah on the treadmill!! Now...no using it as a clothes horse!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:26 AM   #12  

Good morning,

Tell me, why do I always end up buying something that I can't resist? This week it's Chocholate milk. It was on sale. So I bought a gallon. I've drank half of it by myself in two days. OK, Alex has had 4 sippy cups worth out of it, but I've had the rest. It's not even great chocholate milk. Just so-so. I've been doing well this week except for that. And not exercising. I gotta get up off of my lazy butt. There's just so much to do during nap time, exercise has really gotten pushed off. Ugh!

Lauren: I'm glad that going back to work wasn't that bad. Yeah on the eating better too.

Tina: Yeah on the treadmill. We have one and when I try to use it when Alex is up, he has a fit. We have it behind a baby fence and he hangs over the fence holding onto my shirt. I'm so afraid he's going to tumble over the fence and get hurt on the treadmill. I don't use it if he's up.

Have a happy week! It's half over!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #13  

Hi Karen,
I really struggle with taking the time to exercise too. There is always so much to do...laundry, dishes, cleaning, catching up on 3FC But the reality is that I HAVE to make myself a priority. If I don't who will? There will always be laundry (just think, the day we die we will have dirty laundry), dishes, etc.

I truly ignore those things to exercise. I have to. There will never be a perfect time or enough time to exercise or take care of ourselves. Close your eyes to all of the things that have to be done and make taking care of yourself a priority over all that other stuff. It will still be there when you're done. Unless of course a pile of really neglected laundry stands up and walks off, which would be ok too.

You are WORTH it, babe! And, your family is worth you making your health a priority!!

Jen
Old 03-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #14  

"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." This is a qoute by one of my favorite knitting authors - and this week, I'm calling on my it to remind me to stay on plan, with confidence and hope, through all crises." My work situation is getting out of hand and I'm quickly seeing the end of my rope. I had an emotional phone call with my dad last night - he urged me to cut my losses and run - which is an entirely logical conclusion and one almost everyone else in my life is cheering for. Work seems to be the last dysfunctional relationship in my life that is keeping me from fulfilling my potential to be a better me. After I hung up with my dad, my eyes puffy and red, I had to chose - do I walk into the gym like this or do I go and eat & think about all he said. It speaks volumes to my progress that I didn't have to think about the answer to long, it was obvious. Time in the gym was the best perscription for what ailed me. I used the time on the elipitical and treadmill to really mediate on what I needed to do for myself and put my extra energy & frustration into lifting weights. I walked out of the gym feeling like I'd conquered my fears and took care of myself at the same time.

The lingering feelings of unrest were there this morning when I woke up. We needed a grocery run before I went to work. I wasn't sure my willpower could hold up against a wall of freshly baked pastries. I had to call out my big guns of self defense, I imagine I'm on a reality TV show, and the audience is watching me, screaming, "Don't do it, don't eat the danish, you are better than that." In the end, I asked DH to go :-)
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #15  
one more time

I wish there was just more hours in the day for everything that needs to get done. With working and once I get the kids to bed, then dinner dishes, then a load of laundry it's 9pm and I'm beat. I tried working out this morning instead and I got half way through and DD came downstairs wanting breakfast. It's always something, but I am determined this time.

Congrats to you Momadance for going to the gym, it sounds like you had a rough night. I would have just settled in with my ice cream. I have a long way to go.
ladyhawke1014 is offline   Reply With Quote