Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Mental Health & Thyroid - website

I just came across this website:

www.thyromind.info/

This is what I and many others have been trying to share and get across to everyone that will listen ... about the connection between thyroid problems and mental problems.

Please check this website out and encourage anyone that you know with any kind of mental problems (depression, anxiety, panic attacks, reclusiveness, obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobias, self image concerns, anorexia, unable to concentrate, mood swings, bipolar, dementia, phobias, delusions, suicidal ideation, memory loss, schizophrenia, etc) to have their thyroid checked out with the CORRECT TESTS if for no other reason then to simply rule out a thyroid problem.

A lot of people with different mental problems are finding that they actually have a thyroid problem.

If you use this info or pass it along to friends and loved ones, which I'm hoping you will, please tell them to have these tests run in order to properly check their thyroid.

FREE T3 (available active thyroid hormone)
FREE T4 (available storage thyroid hormone)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone from the pituitary gland)
and
Thyroglobulin Antibodies & Thryoid Peroxidase Antibodies

If a low thyroid problem is found, it is most important that you be treated with Armour Thyroid, and not a synthetic drug, because Armour Thyroid contains BOTH T4 AND T3, and the others do not have T3. The T3 is needed especially for those with psychiatric symptoms.

I truly hope this info helps someone in some way.

take care,
Cathy

http://www.thyromind.info/

the first paragraphs on the opening page says:

Have you had a thyroid test?

INTRODUCTION TO THYROMIND

If the sole cause of a person's depression, psychosis or other mental health problem is underactive thyroid disease, then thyroid hormone treatment may restore or improve that person's mental health with no further need for psychiatric medication in most cases. A thyroid test from a doctor is advisable.

Similarly mental health problems due exclusively to overactive thyroid disease may improve when correct treatment is given for the thyroid disorder. A thyroid test from a doctor is advisable.

Mental health problems due to thyroid disease can be described as organic, meaning they have a physical cause.

NB Of course it is possible for someone to have both a thyroid disorder and a psychiatric condition in which case appropriate medical treatment for both is needed.

This is wonderful news because appropriate thyroid treatment from a doctor may considerably improve both mental and physical health and quality of life

THYROID BLOOD TESTS, DIAGNOSES AND TREATMENTS ARE VITALLY IMPORTANT AND NEED TO BE HAPPENING NOW IN ALL SETTINGS WHERE PEOPLE PRESENT WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-18-2005 at 09:06 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote