South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  

Question WW, South Beach or both?

Hello everyone, I have been browsing around these boards for a few days now. Seems like a lot of nice people and sucessful losers. I have been debating between WW or South Beach Diet. I have heard that the South Beach Diet is healthy. Atkins diet made me sick. I have been on WW several times. I lose a little then gain it back. In high school, I lost down to my goal with WW on the plan where you were given so many breads, protein, fruits..etc.. to eat a day. I was too young and dumb to hang for 6 weeks to be a lifetime member. The points plan doesn't thrill me, but I like having the accountability and support. I am thinking about counting points, but only eating allowed foods on the South Beach diet. Maybe I'm just the worst at food choices, but it seems to me that WW doesn't care how you spend your points as long as you spend them. Last time, I ended up eating those Smartones ice cream sandwiches and granola bars all the time. They sell candy bars at the meetings for goodness sakes. In other words, I was eating all sugars and carbs most of the day. TOPS does not have a meeting in my area or I would try them. I know I'm rambling, but my mind is so confused. I have 100+ pounds to lose any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Your so right about WW with the fact of how you spend your points. Alot of peeps in here are doin WW and SBD. I am thinkin of tryin it myself just to see if I am eatin tooooo much! I have a hard time keepin up with fitday it would be easier to count the points for me. Whatever you decide stick around and join us in the daily! We're always happy to have a new chick peckin in! tee-hee
Old 03-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Carolina, you can combine them! I love easy decisions like that!

Two of our mods, Ruth and Ellis, both do this, as does Mauvais, the mod in the WW forum. They can give you lots of tips, I'm sure. You can also find some stickies about combining them in the FAQ for our forum.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #4  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking

Hi Welcome to the Beach!

I like the beach bc #1 it's free (well, almost you should buy the books) #2 it's your diet you don't follow any certain "plan" you eat the foods on the food lists and do your snacks/meals. It's not a low carb diet--it's a healthy foods diet. It's only really low carb the first 2wks to curb cravings. I like the diet bc I can adapt to my lifestyle and how I eat. (and it's easy to modify for my family) I used fitday.com to track my foods and my weight to see where my cals/fat are coming from and my Weight progress. Me personally feel that the points program is/was too much work.

I know some of the other ladies will chime in. I would read the book before you try and see if you like it or not.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Carolina, welcome!
You could try doing South Beach alone before you combine the two. I learned a lot about good and bad carbs (and sugar cravings) when doing SB, but I eventually needed the accountability of WW.
Good luck in whatever you choose, and please join us on the other threads!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  

thanks everybody! I will go out tonight and buy the South Beach diet. I already have the WW material. I don't want to overwhelm myself too much by trying to overdo it. I think I'll follow Ellis' suggestion and give SB a try for a few weeks. I usually lose motivation after a couple weeks. Maybe by then I'll know whether I want to join WW.

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread