South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Tgif!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning everyone!!! I'm up early - long day at work today! Corporate decided to give me an extra delivery today, so I'm working a 12 hr day. My boss couldn't do it - color me surprised!
I'm going to go visit my mother tomorrow, so I'm excited about that! I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I hope she's in good spirits, as good as she can be anyways. It breaks my heart to see her sad, especially after all she has been through.
Laurie - I hope the cold is better today & the paper isn't too cruel to you today!
I'll check in later & see if anyone else is up this morning....Ruth where are you?
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Soon2Be! I hope your 12 hr. shift goes by quickly so you can start your weekend! Have a great visit with your mother, I'm sure she looks forward to your visiting her.

I had a slight virus for the last few days but all is well now. My DD and the kids are coming later and we're going to make Easter candy. They're staying overnight because making the eggs is a 2-step process, so it will be fun. We're going to a big Longaberger auction tomorrow morning. I have some things in it along with a lot of baskets from a consultant friend of mine who is reducing her inventory, and I'm really looking forward to that. I'm planning a Shrimp stir-fry for supper, so I'm off to the supermarket after Curves. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Soon2bfab, big hugs for you and your Mom... I hope you have a good visit with her... I'm sure she'll be so glad to see you.

Last official day of March break! It's been a good week, but very busy socially, so I'm looking forward to some peace next week.
My knee is much improved, although it's still a little tricky getting up and down stairs. Thanks again for the well wishes, girls!

More kitchen stuff on the agenda today, and more kids coming to visit DS. groan. Going to fuel up with coffee...
Have a wonderful day, girls!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

Cottage...sorry to hear about the virus, glad you are feeling better. Longaberger.....love it! My parents' house is full of it - my mother use to sell it, my father thinks they are an overpriced fire hazard.
Ellis - glad the knee is doing better...here's a little phase to help you with the knee (my doctor is a little goofy) The good go to heaven, the bad go to he _ _. Meaning step UP the stairs w/ the good knee, step DOWN the stairs with the not-so-good knee. I told you he was a little goofy.
Well one more cup of coffee & I'm off to work, gotta leave early - it's snowing AGAIN!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #5  

Cottage, I missed your post! Hi, hon! I'm glad you're feeling better.
Have fun with the kids!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:26 AM   #6  

Soon2b, that's hilarious!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm on a different schedule these days and don't always get in to start the Daily. It's nice to see keeners starting us up.

Ellis, going up and down stairs is a challenge, isn't it? Sometimes I stand at the top step and wonder if just falling down would be better - probably faster!

Fab, have a lovely visit with your Mother. She certainly has been through a lot and will be glad to see you. Lucky you to get to do extra work!

Cottage, you seem able to carry on despite the virus. Do you suppose impending Spring helps us push through other crap?

Aside from a glorious sunrise this morning, the day has had an auspicious start! Lucy came in carrying something black after her potty trip this morning. I was afraid it was a dead squirrel but it was my missing black leather glove with the fur (squirrel?) cuff! Now I just need my extra set of car keys and my pedometer and we'll be even. Little brat! I thanked her very much and mentioned the other missing stuff so we'll see.

Whoops! Not auspicious! Sad news! Just got IM'd that our Baptist minister's wife died last night. Poor Nada has been very sick with cancer for months and finally went to rest. Time to roast a chicken and make a big pot of soup or stew for the family. Kay Dean is probably already started on making those devastating butter tarts! Funerals and wakes are huge "social" events in small towns. I'm planning to have mine before I go!

I guess it's time to take the Christmas garlands off the village gazebo. I tried to convince some of the Village kids to do it for me but no luck. They are "bored" but don't seem to want to do anything that seems like work! Times have changed and I'd better get used to it. Somebody lend me some cyber kids! The Hyper Pyper kids love doing jobs for me and I sort of expect the rest of the kid world to feel the same.

Time to get with it and thaw some meat for dogfood making later this morning. No, I won't get it mixed up with cooking for the funeral!

Have a super TGIF!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #8  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Cool pecking in

Soon2b--spend time with your Mom--that is great. I haven't seen mine in about 3.5 yrs, just recently started talking to her again. I am going around Easter to see her! sorry about the shift..

Hi, chickies... the sunrise was beautiful this morning... purple and orange sweeping across the skies... gorgeous. Well, I am not only off the wagon I am chasing it down the hill and losing. I cannot wait to start PH1 on Sunday. I will do it the week before I go home. Need to get rid of all these cravings.

hugs to everyone, hopefully I wont have a "donut scare" like yesterday. Her excuse btw, for bringing in donuts, she threw away the pie the day before the big boss asked about it so she brought him so donuts to make up for the pie she threw away... can you say brown noser???? He never ate the donuts.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning After Ladies

Wow did I eat yesterday,brisket cabbage & potatoes all not SB friendly. YIKES. Went up 1 pound but I'm sure it will be gone by Tues W-I.Its a beautiful Friday the sun is shining, and I thinking about walking outside for the first time this season,now that the majority of the snow:sman: is gone and the sidewalks are clear.

Soon Thanks for starting this thread and I happy to hear that you can spend some time with your mom.

Cottage Wow you got a lot going on this weekend. Hope your virus goes away,so you can enjoy making Easter Candy & going to the auction with your family.

Ellis Glad your an the mend with your knee,my DH has knee problem also. There's nothing worse than not being able to walk.Thank goodness the weather is getting warmer and the dampness is gone. for now. GO EASY DOWN THE STAIRS and send some: healing vibes.:

Going to say Bye for now I have to have another coffee

Have a great beachy day BB
Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #10  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking

Hi Beach bum, we posted at the same time..
Old 03-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #11  

Hi, everyone! Last night I added steamed asparagus to the Ham, zucchini pasta. It worked out great. Brian ate the asparagus (he doesn't like the zucchini) and DH said he like both veggies now that it wasn't just the zucchini. I love opportunities to get everyone to eat more veggies.

Turns out I forgot there was a PTA meeting/musical last night. I did get a chance to wear my "Everyone loves an Irish Girl" tshirt. It felt great when I saw several people I hadn't seen in awhile and they remarked on the weight loss. I found another drawer of shorts that don't fit that are now added to the garage sale pile. I even found three more swimsuits and one of them will work still although it is a little loose.

I need to finish up some garage sale signs today, add prices to things like the boxes with paperbacks, and load up the car. The sale is almost across the street from our house but it would be easier if I can get everything in one carload and I'm not sure that will be possible. I did take today off work so I have time to get ready. I have to work tonight but at least not until 11.

soon2B - have a great visit with your mom! My mom was only 70 when she died so she's been gone about 9 years now.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Soon, thanks for starting us up! That Kloe can wake me up any day...she's one wonderful morning "rooster"! So sorry about the 12 hour day...that's horrible! I hope that your weekend is super-fun and relaxing to make up for it!

Cottage, sounds like a fun day! What kind of candy are you making?

Ellis, I am SO out of it...what happened to your knee??? : Hope that DS' friends don't make you nuts!

Ruth, just slide down the bannister! I'm hoping that knee injuries aren't a mod requirement... Hope yours is feeling better soon!!! So sorry about your minister's wife. That must be very hard for him, but I'm glad he has an extended village family to help him through. Congrats on your glove. I have this image of Lucy wearing your pedometer as she runs around the yard. "Hey Hersh, I've done 20,000 steps!" I was stupid and left the tray from my raw hamburgers in a trashbag by the trash when I went upstairs last night. Lady licked it clean and left it on the living room floor for me. Eew!

Hunny, Phase 1 will help a lot! That lady at work sounds like she has major issues. Since when do doughnuts make up for pie? I think you have to wear fabulous new outfits to work that she'll drool over. Easter is a great time for new beginnings...I hope all goes very well with your mom!

Beach bum, your post looks like one of those picture stories in Highlight's magazine! Hope that you can either hop on Phase 1 for a bit or that things will clear up on their own.

Me:
Oy to you chickies that met the sunrise! I haven't seen the sun rise in months! I stayed up until 1...then had to go to bed. My cold is worse. DH set the alarm for 3 a.m. for himself (What was he thinking??? ) and I got up and shut it off this morning. We both slept in until he woke up at 7:30 and yelled "It's 7:30! Oh no!!!". What a wake up! We both ran around like crazy people and I took half of the morning chores so he could get to work. I got to work late and am still trying to wake up. My dear coworker just brought me a cup of tea, so I hope that helps. I just want to go back to bed... (we need a smilie with zzzzz above his head...)

Not only do I still have 12 articles to take notes on, I found 2 more last night that hadn't been added to the pile. This thing is turning into a thesis paper. I have to work all day every day, and I can't work on my paper at work. I just want to be home, sleeping and working on my paper, but no-can-do. Nonetheless, it's Friday and tomorrow I can work all day on the paper.

Tonight I'm going to a play with a girl from work. I felt bad and accepted even though it's money I shouldn't be spending and I have that darn paper to work on. I'm hoping it won't run too long so I can get home and either get some sleep or work on my paper.

Tomorrow night we have dinner with some wonderful neighbors. I enjoy them very much but we never hang out socially, just see each other at parties and say we should get together. DH saw them last weekend when he was walking the dog and invited them to go to dinner with us to a local restaurant. They had plans but reciprocated by inviting us to dinner tomorrow night at their house. They are great cooks but both Italian and I'm expecting tons of delicious food that I can't eat. When I called to see if I could bring something, it just didn't feel comfortable to ask what they were serving. So I'm going to wing it and pray that there is something I can nibble on without feeling rude. I hate making people feel badly because I can't eat what they've made! But this diet is too important to me to cheat. So I'm in a rock and a hard place. I think I'd rather be home sleeping and getting my paper done!

Sorry I sound so down...I promise to be more cheerful next week! Have a wonderful weekend, ladies...you all deserve it!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, we posted at the same time! Congrats on the great look and your garage sale preparations!!! I hope it goes very,very well! Enjoy the day off!!! Great going with the veggies. Is that recipe posted in the forums? I'd love to try it!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Never got to eat the SBD frozen pizza last night. I was busy happily working away and the next thing I knew it was time to go home. So I had a shake instead. I was very OP yesterday. Even though I'm Irish. The part of town I live in now isn't very Irish so there were no church dinners to attend. So that helped.

You know they can invent pills to help a man with his P*nis dysfunction but they can't make pills to help women with PMS, cravings and all the wonderful stuff that we go through every month. Every time I see that commercial with that guy with the stupid smile I want to SCREAM. Have no doubt chickies that this is still a man's world. (But slowly changing )

I don't have time to post to everyone right now but I will peck back in later. Have we heard from Raneysmom lately?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Barb, we posted at the same time! Congrats on the great look and your garage sale preparations!!! I hope it goes very,very well! Enjoy the day off!!! Great going with the veggies. Is that recipe posted in the forums? I'd love to try it!
I looked and sure enough it was in Phase 2 Entrees http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...563#post646563

I updated it to include the asparagus. I also served it over some steamed cabbage for me.
Closed Thread