Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Spring Break!

Just to let y'all know, I'm ditching the beautiful sunny skies on SoCal for 10 days and going to freezing, snowing Washington DC.

I know, I'm crazy but we allllll knew that.

I'm glad I'm going even though I will be cold the whole time. I needed the break from work and school (although I'll be doing a little of both on the trip anyway). I've never actually gone anywhere on Spring Break before. Goddess Gone Wild!

Another cool thing is that DC is a major walking city. We'll be walking everywhere and I am excited about that! Although the Cute Boyfriend tells me the food is yummy.

Anyway, i was hoping to hear of anyone else's Spring break plans!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Staying in the college town I live in because all the students are gone! And hoping that my son will call because he won't be so busy with full time school and full time work.

Have fun in DC! It's a wonderful town to visit, and hopefully the weather will be okay for you. I highly recommend the new WWII memorial, which I saw in July.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:34 PM   #3  
Jenny

My Spring break starts in 2 hours

For the week: I'm working, going to the dentist on Wednesday and having the in-laws out for lunch on Friday. Fun fun fun..
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey, Jessica -- so cool you're going to DC! You'll DEFINITELY have to check out the Spy Museum!! Baltimore is just an hour, hour and a half away (depending on traffic) so if you get around to checking out this fine, historic city, I'd love to meet up! Hope you and your boyfriend have a great time!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Spring break in Vancouver is apparently 2 weeks... so that means 2 weeks of teenagers on the skytrain smoking pot, not to mention being annoying.. seriously, whats WITH teenagers these days? I don't remember teenagers carrying guns, knifes and USING them! Oh my..

So I'm going to be working and watching March Madness (NCAA baskball), my team almost lost today! Gonzaga, I hope they do good.. but they don't usually

Jessica - that sounds like fun It's always great fun to get away and see something new!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Jessica--Enjoy your trip. I've been there once before (I was 12). We did the cheesy tram tour but I had a blast and would love to go back one day.

No spring break plans here. Chris's school doesn't even have a spring break. They will be getting out a couple of extra days around easter and then take off on fridays toward the end of the year. I'll be going to Chicago in July for my PC conference. I'm looking forward to that trip.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #7  
missaprylj

No spring break for our high school! (Even though many of the surrounding schools had this week or will have next week off!)

But... Go Badgers!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

DC--rock on! I live like 30-45 minutes from DC! My boyfriend and I are actually going there TODAY. We're gonna do the touristy-museum circuit...air & space, art, american history (they have the original set from Sesame Street there!), possibly natural history, and the Spy museum if I can convince him (I have heard that it is SO much fun, but he doesn't want to go...big weenie). I have also heard that the Holocaust museum is really amazing, but I can't take those depressing images and ideas today, so maybe some other time. We might run into the zoo for a few minutes, too, so he can see the capyberras (which I'm sure I spelled wrong, but it's his favorite animal--don't ask). Well, as soon as he gets out of the shower, we're gonna grab some breakfast and head for the Metro station (why the Virginia Railway Express does not run on weekends, I will never know), so I'm off for now. Hope you have fun on your DC trip!!

OH, and if you do go to Baltimore, you have to go to the National Aquarium, and if you're one for the club/bar night life scene, hit up Power Plant Live. Okay, I'm really gonna go make breakfast now
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote