WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #1  
Movin' right along...

Default Spreading point throughout the day

I just started WW today. I'm wondering how you spread your points throughout the day for each meal. I have 22 points.

Thanks for the help!

Love,
Deanne
Old 04-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #2  

Though I get 26 total for the day....when I am in routine (During the work week) my spread is pretty much like this

6 for breakfast 9usually oatmeal with sugarfree syrup and toast with a bit of peanutbutter and banana)
10 12 for lunch and snacks (including fruit and yogurt, salad or veges and dip, some kind of protein a sweet thing..usually a 2 pt cookie from Risingdough.com, etc)
than 8-10 for dinner which always includes a dessert, sometimes dinner is just a WW entree and steamed veges or a piece of chicken or fish and steamed veges...

Julie
Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #3  

I am at 22 pts also, and I like to have heavier lunch and dinner meals. My morning is Weight Watchers Vanilla Puffed Wheat cereal with 1/2 cup skim. VERY FILLING. (2pts) Orange juice at 10am (2pts) Lunch can vary from 4-10 points. Dinner from 5-10 points and that leaves room for snacks.

Now that I am getting at least 2pts of Activity every day, and some days getting 4- I am adding in extra snacks that are low points and good for me.

So, roughly: 4 - 8ish - 8ish - 2pt dessert
Old 04-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

You DO NOT have just xx points a day. Those are your TargetPoints and the bare minimum. Utilize your APs and FPs (the more you use while losing the more you'll have at maintenace).

I get 22TPs a day but eat 24TPs a day (started at 26TPs a day) because I am still losing at that rate, plus I eat 3-4 APs a day 6 days a week and all 35 WeeklyPointsAllowance aka FPs.

I usually spend:

4 on breakfast, 1-2 on midmorning snack, 6-8 on lunch, 1-2 on midafternoon snack, 8-12 on dinner, and some on an evening snack but it depends on what I had during the day and how many APs/FPs I have.

Usually I divide my FPs up over the course of the week at 5 a day and if I don't use them on the day I sent them to I roll them over to the next.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #5  
BJ3

If you have any blood sugar problems, it really helps to break those points up into breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner snack. You use less per meal, but feel so much fuller and better throughout the day! Or at least I do. Because I'm diabetic I can't go long periods without fueling my body.
Closed Thread