South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Issues with my behind

So one of the ladies I work with informed me that my stomach looks smaller & that my behind "looks different". I asked how it looked different, different smaller? Her reply was "no....just different." Talk about a complex!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:15 PM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

HaHaHa...what a nice lady! Well your butt used to look kinda round, now it is sorta retanglish. Hmmm...maybe if she wasn't so far up there, she could see better.

Chill with the complex, your but looks just fine from here
Old 03-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #3  
Zen-meister

Well, think about it - since you started SBD and stopped eating all those bad foods... You quit while you were ahead, before you got more behind! D
Old 03-17-2005, 02:19 PM   #4  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Wink

what different? and why is she looking at your butt... that's weird... btw, I agree your butt looks pretty normal in those pants...

sometimes ppl don't know how to compliment
Old 03-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #5  

I have issues with my behind and my thighs. I have lost some inches in my thighs, but not as much as my waist. Does anyone have any good leg exercises to make my thighs lean and not bulky? I have tried pilates, but it is going to take getting in shape before I can even do that!! I am not as agile as I used to be!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Soon...I am sure that the donught lady put her up to sayin that! lol Some people just do not know how to say the right thing. I guess they have never heard the ol sayin "Better to keep your mouth shut and appear a FOOL than to open it and prove your a FOOL!"

mrscharleston.... When you find a way to get rid of thighs let me know! When I was younger I did every exercise known and they went no where. I have heard docs say the only way to get rid of them is to have them sucked out! I can assure you if I had the money these things would be gone! Good luck!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:18 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Soon, I can tell you that your butt looks amazing!!! That woman is just jealous or she's afraid of coming off gay by saying that you look mahvelous, dahling!

I think we all have these complexes, though. I was somewhat comforted to hear that Shania Twain, queen of the bare belly, thinks her legs are hideous. She covers them up, always. Watch her videos and pictures...and you'll see it. She never shows her legs, always arms and stomach. Isn't that funny? I'm sure we look much better to other people than we do to ourselves...
Old 03-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #8  

I take an exercise class called Pain in the Butt. It really has made a huge difference to the way my legs and butt look. I have defined muscles now and have even been told by one instructor that I have great legs. My thighs are much firmer than they used to be. The class is really a pain and requires quite a bit of balance (which is not my strong suit) but it works.

We use the bowflex a lot. We get either in front of it or behind it and put one foot on the bowflex while we do lunges. We do this while we have a weight bar on our shoulders. We also balance on the bowflex on one leg while holding our bench on its side for balance with one leg up and a riser on our ankle. We also do leg lifts in various positions.

I go to Bally's but I would imagine that most gyms would have some class to work on the legs and butt. I take Pilates as well but that doesn't seem to help as much. Powerflex is great especially since it works the arm muscles which don't get used much in the other classes.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #9  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I have issues with my behind, thighs, waist, hips, arms..need i go on?? LOL I think everyone has issues with something on their body. Even the people who are perfect shape has issues with something. I've learned over the years, to be happy with what i have and if I do'nt like it, then I need to do something to fix it.. and here i am..
Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Thanks guys....I must work with a bunch of toxic people. Barb - they actually call the call "Pain in the butt!?!!!" I've seen it in the excercise thread, but I thought it was your nickname for the class....that's funny!!!!! At least you know what you're getting!!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Soon Don't let that comment get you down,shes just envious on your process are losing inches. Hugs BB
Old 03-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #12  
gotta lose it!

BB - yes! Thanks! Guess what!!!! She's right, my behind DOES look different - I was in a sz 18, sometimes 20. I bought a sz 16 skirt for summer, thinking I could lose weight & it would fit by summer....I was wrong. I modeled it for the DBF last night!!! I can hear the angels singing!!!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Soon2bfab, that's wonderful, girl!! I'm so happy for you!!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

So I'm wondering if people are just all around mean? Do you notice when you've lost some weight people say something nice, but then go on to say something mean? I hate that. Yesterday at work I was wearing a smaller pair of pants, because I lost a size, so it makes sense to wear a smaller size, right? I thought so. One girl commented on how small I am getting, and another made some mean comment on my new pants. Why I ask you.. WHY? I think I can answer that actually... when I tell them I'm on a diet and being successful, I once got held down by 2 people and got a cookie forced into my mouth! Stupid stupid people.. alright I'm done venting

I've heard that doing pilates stretchs your muscle and makes it appear smaller. I don't get it, but I have the pilates buns and thigh DVD from Winsor pilates. I can always feel the difference in my legs when I'm doing it regularly... it's covered in dust now.. heh...

-Aimee
Old 03-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Aimee - I don't think people are mean, at least I would like to think so. I think it is more jealous. My grandma tells me that if someone can overcome jealously, they can overcome anything. I think she has a point...we all know how HARD it is to lose weight. I think they are jealous that we are sticking to something & making things happen! (just an idea!)
Closed Thread