Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#31)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Do you all remember me??? I'm back home for just a day or two, then I'm back with mom at the hospital. She has progressed wonderfully, she is out of ICU, made it through step down and is now in a rehabilitation area. she is walking with assistance and a walker, and remembering names, dates etc. There seems to be some short term memory loss going on, but we will take a little confusion over what the doctors originally told us to expect. It looks like I will have another week or two of travel time before she can even think of coming home.

Carol, I'm sending blessings your way, I hope your dad regains his strength and is able to go back home. I understand the family junk. I have 4 siblings and through all of this mess, only 1 brother showed up to offer any assistance or support. 1 brother and 2 sisters have basically "disowned" mom because of greed after my dad passed away. I guess they will have to live with their decisions. Try to just keep in mind to do what is best for your parents, if you feel at ease in your heart, then you know you are doing the right thing.

Crystal, WELCOME!!! I'm usually the mouthy one here on the board. I look forward to getting to know you better once I can finally be back here at home and catchup properly.

Shelley, I am saying special prayers for you sweetie. Will Mike be able to go with you for the procedure? Just know I am thinking of you and wishing you only the best.

Sher, I can't believe Chris is already graduating!!!! Hold him tight and give him an extra big hug from me!!! Thank you for all of your notes during this mess.

Ramona, will Dan be home for good? Try not to break the little guy in half when you see him! Sounds like he needs to go back home and have a long visit with mom and put some meat back on his bones! I am so happy he is coming back home, I know it is a relief for you.

Dee, did you get caught up from your vacation? thank you for the well wishes, it is so appreciated.

Deb, how is James doing?

Janice, are you still doing WW?

Cheryl, are you back at your house or are you still with Stewart?

Gosh, I feel so out of touch. Hopefully I can check back in a few more times before I need to leave again.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #3  

Gayle!! Great to hear from ya! I'm still with Stewart for now. I've got to go back "home" on Sunday. I'll miss him, but it'll be nice to get back into my routine. The CAT is ready to be at home, too--she's not really happy at Stewart's house.

Glad, so glad, to hear things are going better w/your mom than expected. That makes me so very happy for you!

Cheryl
Old 03-17-2005, 12:58 PM   #4  

Sherry have a safe trip. I know that you must be so proud. I am so happy for you. Enjoy the time with Chris.

Gayle, who is that. Gee there is a stranger in our mists. A welcome stranger! Now that I am home I am going to miss your daily post while you are gone. I am so glad that your mom has improved so much and that she is doing better than expected. Even though she is doing good I know that you are still worried about her. I can understand completely because of what my mom went through. Hang in there, I am praying for you.

Cheryl I am happy for you that you got to spend time with your honey Stewart. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Crystal wow I can't believe how little you weigh. Does your doctor know that you are trying to lose? Be careful not to lose to much, it is bad for your bones.

Shelley you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Well lunch time, got to run. I have an appointment with the surgeon today. My legs is doing much better but my back is in so much pain. I think that it is worse than before my surgery. Guess I will see what he thinks.

Hope that you all have a happy peaceful day.

DEE
Old 03-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #5  

Gayle-I'm glad you were able to post. Please read my response to your email. I didn't send you an ecard. I am sending special prayers your way for your mom.

Well, I am doubly depressed now. My dad called me at work to say he bought a house 2 blocks away from where he just sold. I am so upset. They didn't even ask me to look at it with them. I really don't understand what happened, but I have to let them do what they want to do. I guess it was meant to be. I am just very disappointed. Nothing seems to be going right with me lately.

Dee-You are sounding so much like your old self again. I'm so glad you are back and getting into the swing of things again.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:26 PM   #6  

Hello all.
We just drove in from Ft. Sill and I've got to get in bed so I can get back to work tomorrow. The homecoming ceremony was just fabulous and we had a fantastic time. I just wish he could have come home with us. He has to stay there another week for out-processing.

I just wanted to tell you, Shelley, that I'm holding you in my heart and prayers and I know that everything will be fine. I'm so sorry your father disappointed you.
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Gayle, how wonderful that your mom is doing so well!!!! I'm thrilled for you and hope you will be able to be home again soon.

To all the other floozies, I love you all and will post to you tomorrow. Right now I can barely see what I'm typing, so I'm off to bed.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #7  

Ramona that is great that you were able to share something so special with your son. It won't be long before he is back at home.

Shelley I am sorry to hear that your parents didn't buy a home near you. I guess they were worried that they wouldn't find a place to live. I am sure that moving from their home is emotionally unsetting for them. You know that you are in my prayers. Sometimes things work out differently than what we pray for but it is for the best.
I'm doing much better but the pain gets to me.

The surgeon wants me to have a couple of months of physio therepy. The hospitla phoned me to start therepy the day before I left on my trip. I told them that the surgeon thought that I didn't need it and to take me off their list. Now the plan has changed again so I hope that I am not on the bottom of the list. It took six weeks of waiting before I got the call. That was a urgent list that I was on. The surgeon said for me to see how long it is going to be and if it is more than a few weeks he will call and move it up. He also said that he thinks a lot of the pain is because my muscles are tight and need stretching. I am also favouring one leg when I walk. Who knows we will see if therepy helps. It just is discouraging because it has been over a year that I am dealing with this. Good thing we don't know our future.

Come and post so I know how you are doing and you can entertain me today. lol
Old 03-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #8  

Dee-Has it been a whole year? Wow, the time sure does fly. You have been in such pain for so long, I hope they can up you on the list.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #9  
Finnigan Begin Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelite
Crystal wow I can't believe how little you weigh. Does your doctor know that you are trying to lose? Be careful not to lose to much, it is bad for your bones.
DEE
LOL Dee, are you kidding me? Remember my goal is in kgs, not lbs. I'm currently 106.5kgs (234lbs) and my goal is 75kg (165lbs). My photos are up in the photo thread to prove it!

Don't worry about me, I've got plenty of me that I can safely lose!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #10  

Back on the rollercoaster. Dad called and said that the house on the Cape was sold out from under them. Now he's buying a different condo 6 miles from me. I am not going to get my hopes up again. He already knows when the closing date is, but I don't trust anything anymore!!
Old 03-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Crystal, I had to look again too, I wondered why someone would be wanting to lose weight if their top weight was 110 pounds! I just looked at your location! would LOVE to visit and see all of the wildlife. Do you have Kangaroos roaming in your area? I watched a television program one time about a lady who would take in motherless babies because of the moms getting hit or injured on the roads. This poor woman had pockets hanging up everywhere in her house to place the babies after feeding. She was up all hours of the day and night caring for them until they were old enough to release back into the wild.

Shelley, keep the faith, everything works as it does for a reason. It may not make sense now, but in a few years it will.

Ramona, I'm so happy Dan is ok! When will he be back with you???

Sher, hoping everything is great for you!!

Dee, I'm sorry you are still in so much pain. Hopefully the doctors know what you need and can get you going through some PT to help with the aching and discomfort. I am still sending special blessings your way for a complete recovery.

Mom is holding her own, the doctors are still not giving us a release date. We are now on day 17 in the hospital. It will not surprise me in the least if it isn't the entire month of March. We are going up tomorrow to see her and will be home later in the night. Allison is out of school for the week and she is starting to miss Grandma. I think it will be good for both of them to see each other and get some hugging time in. I'm finally starting to get phone calls without my heart going into a panic!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Love, Gayle
Old 03-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #12  

Gayle-Forgive me, but I can't remember your mom's age. If I remember correctly, she in her 60's? That's so young to be having these problems. I hope that she gets out earlier than expected. I am still praying for her.

I have been so hungry today. I haven't eaten anything that I shouldn't, I just am hungry. Last night I actually ate a 12" sub from Subway. That's the most bread I've eaten since starting Core. I figured that the sub was 11.5 points. Boy, was it good! I still look in the mirror and see someone so fat. I wish I could change the way I look at myself. I actually tried on a pair of Patty's shorts and they fit. Here she is so thin, and I am seeing myself so fat, but still fitting into them. I guess that is the image that we all have and can't get rid of. Do you ladies do the same thing? I just wonder how to change that.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #13  

Crystal......lol well I am glad that you aren't trying to go below 100 pounds. I was wondering why nobody else said anything, duh! One pound at a time and you can do it.

Shelley hopefully this condo will come through. When will you know if they got it? I have hungry days too but I am not as good as you are. You are doing great on core.

Gayle thank you for sending blessings my way. When my mom was in the hospital it was for a month. Hopefully they will not release your mom to early. I know that when you are in the hospital it seems like forever but the time passes. Trust me I know. I didn't do 26 days without feeling like the world and christmas was passing me by. I am glad that Allison will be able to see her Grandma. That will be good medicine for your mom.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:25 PM   #14  
Finnigan Begin Again

Shelley - don't get your hopes up, but don't give up faith completely! I have a body dismorphic problem, I know I've lost weight but I just don't see it - until someone else points it out to me. It's very common, and you can change your body image, postive affirmation and reinforcement from others is the key!

Gayle - teehee, I need to supplement all my metric updates with imperial stats too! No, no kangaroos where I live, I'm in the 'burbs of Sydney. We see ringtail possums, native birds like rainbow lorikeets, rosellas, kookaburras etc. In the outer suburbs (which are semi-rural) you see wallabies, wombats, koalas - you don't start seeing kangaroos until you get into the regional areas, rural and semi-rural, in the greener areas of New South Wales. I used to live in the "outback" of NSW, red dust and hardly any greenery, just scrub and eucalyptus type trees, out there you see the red kangaroos which can grow to 5'5" and weigh up to 210lbs.

Kangaroos tend to get hit by cars when they stray onto highways and country roads, you don't tend to come across kangaroos in built up areas - myth!

Dee - Glad I could clear that up for you, I ain't no skinny minnie and I never have been!

I had a shocking night last night, completely blew my points. I drank too much wine and had a kebab for a v. late dinner...though I'm making it up by cutting back on my points for the rest of the week. If you haven't already, try Brown Brothers Dolcetto & Syrah - it's a boutique Australian wine from Victoria, and it's delicious! It's a sweet sparkling red, which is bizarre seeing as I don't like wine often.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Crystal thanks for the info! I love wine! dee and I both actually make some our own wines. I tried a sparkling red a few weeks ago that was heaven in a bottle. I'm not a red drinker, but this could get very easy to drink. Sounds like you have the correct plan of action in affect, cutting back points this week.

Shelley, my mom is 78 years young. The doctors are all totally amazed at the outcome up to this point. She probably will never recover fully, but we are very lucky to have her here. My dad passed away on his 66th birthday. His birthday is this week, if he was still living, he would be 85 years old.

Dee, thanks for the well wishes. My mother is now fretting over the money. I keep telling her everything is taken care of. Hopefully Medicare and her insurance supplement will cover most everything. A few bills are starting to dwindle in and there is no way on earth she would be able to pay for everything when it is all settled. For example, in one day she had 3 amblance rides and 1 airplane flight.
Closed Thread