Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Multivitamins

Hello,

So I'm going to try South Beach, again, the one thing I'm worried about is if I should be taking multivitamins?? And if so, what? I've been taking 'One a Day' for women, but I don't know if I should be taking more, or something totally different.

Last edited by Danni_Girl; 03-16-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Danielle:
I am not sure if I am taking the right amount either. My gyno told me to take a multi in the morning & a calcium of a night(my mother's bones are weak!) I add a cinnamon suplement at lunch. You should talk w/ your doctor to be sure!
Good Luck!!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #3  

I just use a standard multivitamin.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #4  
krazy binging insomiac

i would suggest getting bloodwork done to determine if you have any deficiencies. I had some done and discovered that I have an iron deficiency therefore I take iron pills on top of my multivitamin (which is also one a day for women). I only take them for a limited time, however, to get my levels back up. I would recommend blood work to be absolutely certain. for example, if you have a B12 deficiency you could be doing serious damage to your brain (although with all the fish and seafood you generally eat on SB it shouldn't be a problem).

The other reason I recommend seeing your dr. is because there is such a thing as overdosing on vitamins which can do just as much damage as deficiencies.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Any multivitamin is sufficient. However, I believe that in order to get the amount of vitamins you truly need (which is above the numbers given on the nut'l labels) you should buy your vitamins separately. I get some of my vits at Sam's Club and some at Vitamin World. I take C, A, B, E, Minerals, Folic Acid (for future pregnancy), Omegas, CoQ-10, etc.

I'd discuss it with your doctor, and blood work is a good idea.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #6  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

I just happened to see this post and had a question. A hairstylist told me to take prenatal vitamin to make my hair grow longer and healthier. I have been taking them for about a year (not quite). Is that ok to be taking them even if I'm not pregnant right now? I do want to become pg sometime.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd check that out with a doctor or pharmacist, not with my hairdresser. You could be getting too much of some vitamins.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #8  

Hey girls just had to add a post about vitamins....I took One a Day Weight Smart. All I can say is take them on a full stomach or else you will feel terrible and about to vomit. They also contain caffeine. So watch out if you are sensitive to that. But everyone's body is different so some people may not have a problem. Good Luck.
Closed Thread