Support Groups - Sanctuary - #15 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #15 Everyone Welcome

LuckyLadyBug
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/Welcomehotpinkblink.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

redballoon
03-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks Lucky, for the new thread. There has been a ton of action here and I just can't keep up, haven't even had time to read all the posts. I would like to get into this thread more so please think of me, all! I really, really need support now. . .

LuckyLadyBug
03-15-2005, 08:45 PM
We are here red!!!

I have a ton of things I want to type but my computer has been "messing" with me!!! :mad:

I want to share this with you and then I have to print out all the former posts so I can catch up.

I read that if you take your current weight and multiply it by:
12 Sedentary woman
14 Sedentary man
15 Moderately active woman
17 Moderately active man

you will be the amount of calories you need each day to maintain your weight. Well, was that a mind blowing experience for me - I swear I don't eat that many calories - but being in accounting I know numbers don't lie.

Damn! :mad:

Of course the good news is that also shows you a starting point and if you cut 500 calories a day you will lose a pound a week.

You would think that starting with such a HIGH calorie number this would be easy! :( Sadly not true!

Okay I am going to print your posts and get ready with replies PLUS dazzel you with my questions!!! comments!!!

5 dogs
03-15-2005, 10:08 PM
I like your new Welcome sign Lucky.
Redballoon, we are listening.
Gloria

redballoon
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
5 dogs, thanks. I am just panicking because I just realized the deadline for the translation work I am doing is right now! not tomorrow. And I planned to go in to the office of another place I work for. I am sick and stressed and just want to cry. Oh well, at least the flu season is giving me a credible excuse for things.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope it will not come to having to put him down. I had a dog with epilepsy but we hadn't really had it well diagnosed at the time. One night he took a seizure and we took him into the vet. They didn't know his condition or no one was watching him or something and he had another seizure and died there at the vet's, probably alone in some cage. It was so sad.

I know very well what it's like to have no money and lots of bills, including vet bills. My three cats are all chronically ill and I am forced to watch them suffer. The medicine is not working as well as it used to. The problem is the Japanese vets will not put animals down so I have no real choice. I suppose I could find some vet to do it but I don't think I could bring myself to do it when it was hard to find someone. It's hard enough to do if it was an easy matter of taking them to any vet and having them put down.

Have you discussed your financial situation with the vet or perhaps tried to find one who would give you the medicine for cheaper. I know vets vary greatly with their fees but if they knew your situation maybe they could help. I don't think the medicine for epilepsy is so involved. I really would check prices with other vets. Has your dog bebeen on medication or is it simply not working? I truly understand the dilemma but I have always tried to do all I could before I would consider euthanization. I certainly don't mean this as a critique though. I'm just suggesting that you may not be at the end of the line quite yet. The difference in vets is great, there too, I hear the reports from my father all the time. Of course you may not be in an area where you have much choice. In any case, 5 dogs, you and your dog are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you the best with whatever decision you feel you must go with. Death is not so horrid, it's just hard for those of us left behind to take the loss.

5 dogs
03-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi Red, I hope you don't mind the nickname Red. If so, let me know and i will use your full name of Redballoon.
I never knew that there was no euthanasia in Japan. I was trying to think of the reasoning behind that. I love all my dogs like they are my children, but i know they are animals and they will never go out into the world and prosper like my children have. The only thing my dogs will be able to contribute to this house hold, is all the love and affection they can stand from me and hubby. So i was wondering if euthanasia for animals in Japan is a religious issue?

Have you ever heard the phrase "You have to spend money, to make money? Well, thats our financial situation. Because we just recently purchased a house in Georgia for our retirement, our cash flow is extremely low. Its going to take us a couple of years to get our savings back up to where it was before the purchase. Our vet knows we have a house in Ga. so if we were to ask him for a discount on the bill, he would probably look at us like we were nuts or something.

I was so tired yesterday from getting up early in the morning with Sky that i didn't get much done. Now my house is a mess and i have to do double duty on it. Must get going now so will say so long for now.

Hope to talk to all of you today.
Gloria

katrinabgood
03-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi all! I'm popping in quickly then I'm off to bed. I'm just in from the gym, (third day this week so far) Actually, I wanted to sleep in the worst way this morning...last night was my first night back to work after four days off....I had made a 'gym date' with a friend for this morning and almost punked out on her because I was just that tired....BUT NO! I was there! Was she? Uh.............no.

I really don't like going with someone else. I'd rather do my own thing, my own way. We all know now that I don't want to talk to anyone either while I'm doing it! :lol:

Oh well, live and learn. Now I have an excuse when she begs to go again...I'll just say I'm there at such and such time, if you want to come, all righty then! If not, I'll be there anyway. So I got a great walk in anyway. I did all my weight stuff yesterday. I'm finding that I really love going and look for ways to squeeze it in each day.

And what a difference with the weigh ins, what with all this exercising! I was down three more lbs this week at WW, for a total of 8.8 lbs gone since I started two weeks ago! Whee!

Dh and I spent the night in the city Monday. We have days to use up with the time share so it was an impromptu excursion. We packed a small bag and hopped on the train. We were hoping to score some cheapo tickets to a show, but a lot of shows don't play Monday nights. We settled for a walk in Central Park where a lovely young chap asked us if we'd like a 'rickshaw' ride around the park. The rickshaw being pulled by a bicycle! I laughed and told him that we'd be some load for him to haul, but he said "No problem!" So we put his thigh muscles to the test...lo and behold, he was scooting all through the park, pointing out all kinds of neat things, especially where different scenes from movies have been filmed. We could get out and walk a bit or take pictures (had we brought the camera!) The best part was "Strawberry Fields" a section of the park devoted to the memory of John Lennon, not far from where he was murdered. I'd seen this before, but our guide pointed out how that section was in the shape of a tear drop...I just found that so poignant. I sent John good wishes from you too, Lucky....I know what a fan you are. We're looking forward to going back this summer to catch some Shakespeare in the Park, or one of the many concerts there. It's really a beautiful place, amazing how huge it is, especially in the heart of the concrete jungle!

We found a cute little Thai restaurant for dinner, and party animals that we are, were back at the hotel and sleeping by 10:00!

I'm off to rest...I hope to be back later with an answer to the "FATE" question...gotta ponder this!

Later, gators!

lucky
03-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I've got to run up to the school to stuff Easter eggs for their hunt on Friday but I just had to stop and say WAY TO GO KAT!!!! 8.8 lbs in two weeks?!? I am as pround and excited for you as I am jealous - and that's a lot! LOL.

Oh, and Gloria, I put your advice to work yesterday and what a difference it made it my attitude! I still logged my food and all but I let loose of the reigns a little. I DIDN'T get on the scale, I took a day off from exercise WITHOUT guilt (I stayed active, just didn't do an "official" workout because I was so darn sore from jogging the previous two days), and even had a potato pancake that was - GASP - fried at dinner. What I proved to myself was invaluable. I am in control of my eating (ONE potato pancake!) and activity even if the scale isn't my proof. It was really interesting to find that I ate when I was hungry, stopped when I wasn't, and had natural bursts of energy to move throughout the day without having to think about it. So, while I'll still go back to a more structured plan today I feel less obsessed with my weight loss and reaching my goal because I proved to myself yesterday that I will get there in due time WITHOUT stressing about it day in and day out.

With all of that said, I'm putting you on notice. It is very likely that you will have to dish out the exact same advice when my next plateau rolls around. Ahh, how soon we forget lessons we've learned.

Have a great day everyone!

Tricia

5 dogs
03-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Most of you already know that there is a small produce market close to where i live. I think it was last month that they had asparagus on sale for 49 cents a pound. After eating 5 pounds of it, (Not in one setting) i noticed i was developing a green tint to my skin. I am happy to say that the asparagus was consumed and now its yellow summer squash. Just got home from the produce market where they have squash on sale for 19 cents a pound. By the end of this month i probably will look like I'm jaundice with a nice yellow glow.

I'm been meaning to tell all of you about the decision I've made about my aunt. I did as most of you suggested and told her that i no longer want to discuss the relationship i had or didn't have with my father. As it turns out, my aunt and i have nothing in common. It was very hard for me to try and keep the conversation going the last time i talked to her. I know this is going to sound like I'm just a horrible person, but I've decided to not make any effort to keep in touch with her. I will answer any I.M's she sends me, don't want to be rude, but as far as me making the first move in starting up a conversation with her, well, thats not going to happen.

Your overnight adventure sounds like heaven Kat. What wonderful memories you and your husband are making together. You must be flying high right now. An overnight adventure plus 3 lbs. lost.

Gloria

LuckyLadyBug
03-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I sent John good wishes from you too, Lucky....I know what a fan you are. Awwww, thanks Kat, you made me :cry:

Cheryll,

I have seen Sylvia Brown a couple times on TV. She seems “real” in what
she is doing just like my friend. Maybe I am intrigued by all of this
because I feel I have so much unfinished business with the people in my
life that have died. Mostly because I come from a very UN-emotional
family, as an example my fraternal grandmother died many years ago. About
5 years ago one of my aunts told me how much my grandmother loved me and
how she was so proud of me, that I was special to her – I didn’t have any
idea that is how she felt while she was alive.

I know some say you can communicate and get your feelings resolved yourself
with people that have died but I think there is some validation that we get
when someone like Sylvia Brown tells you. On my own I wonder “is this
real’ or just me making it be what I want.

Gloria,

I LOVED the swim suit story!!! :lol:

Hmmm Carl gets a twinkle in his eye when excited, huh :s:

Awww Sky sounds so sweet. I hope things work out for the best for you and her.

If you and your aunt are meant to stay close, you will. You have to do what is best for you.

Tricia,

Congrats on the 10 inches gone!!

I am jealous you got to see a ghost!! Of course I want to see one but only
a nice, friendly one! :lol:

That was a great ghost story about your grandfather and Quinten and if it
brought you peace that is what counts. The same with Will. It would be
great if someday he could recall what happened or if there were more times
that Quinten and Kayla “harassed” him. :)

I have had a couple of crappy days which I let go into crappy food and exercise days. Will I ever learn?

I have to do what Dr. Phil says: Do what it takes to have what I want.

Dr. Phil also said "stubbornly overeat" BOY, is that me.

Well, time to unwind before bed. I have to be at work by 7AM tomorrow - ugh, up at 4:30AM.

Hope you are all doing well.

:lucky:

lucky
03-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm popping in just to brag about the awesome workout I just had. Ever have those? I always feel better after I go even if I had to drag myself there. But every now and then I just get an incredible rush. I don't know what causes it but I sure wish I could figure it out so that I could use it purposely! It probably had more to do with my music than anything else. After a couple of months I've finally figured all of the ins and outs of my MP3 player. I put together a playlist before I left tonight and it kept me moving without my even having to think about it. When I was on the elliptical I closed my eyes and had a vision of when I was younger and we'd all go out to clubs and dance. It didn't matter how tired or hot or sweaty we were if they played a song we loved we'd be right back out on that floor. I sort of got that feeling again and it really made the time fly. I upped my weights a week or so ago and tonight was the first night that I made all 3 reps of 15 without having to drop the weight back down to finish. That felt like a real accomplishment.

I was talking to one of the trainers about adding a couple more exercises for my triceps and held up my arm to show her my swinging masses of jiggle. And her response was that those were just "angel wings." Hadn't heard them called that before but I thought it was very fitting!

Lucky, I feel the same way about psychics as I do religion. Some people have faith in it some people don't and the beliefs of each faith can vary wildly. Nobody will ever be able PROVE that they are right. All that really matters in the end is that it brings you comfort and gives you hope. As for resloving feelings with those we've lost on our own and questioning whether or not it is real, again, I don't think it matters. If you've resolved them that is a good thing. It isn't really important whether or not you did that by actually communicating with the person. I like to think that those we've loved become a part of us so even if you are just making it what you want it to be, you still did it with the part of that person that was left with you. I don't think were were meant to understand it all. Probably because all that there is to understand can't be applied to everyone. We all have to work and grow and figure out what works for us and makes us better people in the end.

Red, did you get the work done that you needed to? I know you were stressing about your schedule and deadlines. I hope it all worked out for you.

Gloria, I think you are doing the right thing in regards to you aunt. There is no need to force a relationship just because she happens to be family. You can be civil and care about how she's doing without being her buddy.

Alright, I think my adreneline rush is finally starting to fade. I'm going to hit the sack. Catch you all tomorrow.

Tricia

redballoon
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Just a quickie here.

5 dogs -- you can call me anything, red, balloon, just plain loon! :lol: I don't know what their reasoning here is about not putting animals down. Supposedly religious. To me, it just smacks of a lack of understanding about the reality of things for animals and how much of it is due to the fact that they are at the mercy of all sorts of people. 5, have you considered finding another vet who doesn't know all about you? So often, people decide on their own, what is affordable and what is not, I mean, that others decided for you and that's not fair. I tend to keep a lot of things to myself because they will be misunderstood. Besides I'm not here to justify how I spend my money, if I want to spend it on a horse or a child, on eating out and nice clothes, it's my choice, none of them are any better than the next. It's awful that someone should decide because you have a house that you should spend your money in a certain way. I mean, heck, if you have a house, you obviously won't have money, right? :lol: 5 dogs, I hope you feel better soon. Like someone said, you are doing the best and have done the best for your beloved Sky. Take heart. And DON'T fret the messy house. Don't care so much about those things!!

katrina -- oh, I hear you on the gym and doing it alone. I just got back. I would never train with someone else. That said, I had done it for a while last summer, with the guys because I was going heavy with the leg workouts. But I got tired of it, it took too long with the three of us and I didn't really want to work out that hard anyhow. I like listening to my body and going with what I feel. I'm not a slacker in the gym so I don't need the motivation. I think your friend sounds like she's the one who needs someone but she would drag you down. Great to hear you're enjoying the gym. Today was my first time back in a while and it felt great! I am so glad I went!! Oh, and congratulations with the weight loss! that's stupendous results! :cp: Are you in the Apple? My parents were both from there. I have relatives in Brooklyn and Queens. i love New York. It is N.Y., right? Never saw a rickshaw though. . .

jawsmom -- thanks, I got the work done. Am doing some other work now but I did get some time in for myself today, a lot actually and now I'm whipping this off so that's even more. Thanks for thinking of me! :thanks:

Lucky, jawmom sorry I couldnt talk to you much now. You are all so prolific! :o Gotta run. Hope you're doing fine and best of luck!!

5 dogs
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Good morning all you getting fit and thin friends.

With summer coming on and the weather just starting to get warm here in Florida, i have decided to refinish my hard wood floors. I am using wood stain and polyurethane. The smell from the polyurethane is quite strong and I'm getting a little light headed. If i start to sound a little strange you will know why. Hubby held up his hand this morning and asked me how many fingers he was holding up. "Six fingers", close enough.
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/finger2.gif
Oh look, its raining again. At least i think its raining. In my present state of mind, i can't be to sure. I know we need the rain, and when i went out to check on my tomato plants this morning, they looked up at me and i swear i heard them giggling. Its been raining since monday, and its starting to interfere with my pool time and that is really starting to get to me.

Went to the Y yesterday and took a step class instead of water aerobics because, "it was raining". I met a woman there that i am sorry to say was my best friend about 15 years ago, but no longer call her a friend today. We never had harsh word with each other, we just grew apart. Back then, i was very easy going and didn't let a lot of stuff bother me. Since then, i guess you could say I've gotten harder. In a way, it was good to see her again, but i was not thrilled that she was joining my step class. It was like she was invading my sanctuary. I know i shouldn't feel that way and she has every right to be there as much as i do. Will have to work on the attitude.

Must get this day started. Later.
Gloria

lucky
03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
It is a cold (okay, okay 49 degrees but that IS cold for us Southern gals) and dreary day here. Kids don't want to go outside and I am bored and have the munchies - a dangerous combination. So here I am, trying to keep my hands busy until the urge to snack subsides. Worst part is that there is a Key Lime Pie in the fridge calling my name. I made it with all FF ingredients so it would be okay to have a piece. The problem is that I've got a bingey attitude right now and one piece would lead to two - it is "diet" pie after all. I'd throw the whole darn thing away but Greg would kill me - he's been having it for breakfast and dessert. Damn men and their higher metabolisms! Anyway, I'll have a slice in half an hour or so when I'm feeling a little more in control.

Gotta run. I've been invited to a fancy tea party upstairs. Thanks for letting me vent!
Tricia

c bo be
03-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Damn that Easter candy. Went shopping yesterday for all my easter goodies for my grandsons basket, and easter egg hunt. Well, I opened up the candy and one piece led to another. Well, I managed to eat about 20 miniature candy bars. Plus I've been craving chocolate ever since. Also, having another situation at work and thinking maybe that triggered the binge. Anyway, I put the bags in the closet and am hoping that out of site, out of mind theory might work for me.

Gloria, I'm sorry to hear that Sky is not doing well. I'm a big dog lover, and consider my dog the baby of the family. She is such a joy in our family. She's a real sweetie. She's a big kisser too. Loves to give kisses. I would be lost without her. So I feel your sorrow. Also think you've done the right thing with your aunt. Sometimes you just have to make the decision to not surround yourself with people who make you feel bad. Period. No other explanation is necessary. I've had a situation with an aunt of mine who made me feel bad after my moms death. And to this day I purposely stay away from her. My mother is no longer alive so I have no obligation to put myself in a situation where I feel badly. Forget it. I owe you nothing. I wish you no ill will, but I also do not wish to have a relationship with you.

Anyway, one more day and it's off for a whole week while schools out for spring break. I'm going to do some spring cleaning and painting. Plus do a couple of little get aways with my hubby.

Better get moving, later gators. Happy St. Patricks Day!
Cheryll

LuckyLadyBug
03-17-2005, 07:39 PM
:( Tricia, you are so right about the psychic/religion thing, I couldn't agree more. It's "whatever floats your boat". :)

Since we think so much alike could you SHOVE some of that exercise mindset my way?

How was the fancy tea party? Tell ALL!!!

red, I hope I didn't miss this but why are you living in Japan? Just being nosy.

Gloria
I'm getting a little light headed
And how would we notice?????:lol3:

Hmm, Cheryll, but while you are spring cleaning won't you find the "satan" food you hid in the closet!!!!

We are suppose to get 10 to 16 inches of snow tonight. In one way I would like it cause I could stay home but then I don't get paid either - always a consequence to my fun!! :(

5 dogs
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
You are not going to believe this Lucky, but hubby said the exact same thing. May he rest in peace. He really was a great guy. :lol:

It maybe key lime pie and miniature candy bars for you Tricia and Cheryll, but for me its homemade chocolate chip cookies. I always try to have some kind of desert for Carl at night so i make cookies for him. I don't even remember where i found this recipe, but Carl loves them and i hate to say this, so do i. There chewy and crispy all at the same time. I guess everyone has that one or two foods that really float your boat. Mmmm, homemade chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream send me flying high.

With all this spring cleaning going on, i was wondering what kind of treasures you have found. You know, that thing that you put in a safe place so it wouldn't get lost and low and behold, you cant find it. Like passports perhaps. Did i miss the post where Kat said she found her passports? A couple of years ago i was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, when i found $70.00. Back when i was working, i used to stash a little cash just in case i needed it for something. I must have forgotten where i put it.

On the news today they said the temp. will be around 70 degrees and sunny. Man i hope so. At one time in my life i thought rain was romantic. Now if i wake up to the sound of rain drops one more day, i think I'm going to scream. Pool, here i come. http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/cldrndrp001-FFFFCC.prv

Past my bedtime so will say kiss, kiss, hug, hug.
Gloria

lucky
03-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Lucky, if I could will some of my exercise motivation to you I certainly would. I think the reason I've been so gung ho lately is becuase I'm at one of those stages where I can really tell how far I've come - no more huffing and puffing, I can up my resitance on the bike, treadmill, and elliptical and maintain at that level for the duration of my session, my cheeks and boobs aren't slapping each other as I pump my legs on the stairmaster - little things like that. In a week or so I will be taking this new level of fitness for granted and I'll be back in the same boat with you. Well, hopefully you'll be out of the boat by then. But, if not, we can keep each other company!

And the tea party was great, thanks for asking. I'll tell you, Addie knows how to throw a tea party - there was lots of dancing. She's so funny. My parents went to London a year or so ago and my mom bought her a Beatrix Potter china tea set. At first I was hesitant to let her play with it but I decided what good is something like that to a little girl if she doesn't look at it once she's an adult and remember how much she loved it. So, it might have a chip or two by the time she passes it down to her own children. Those chips will have lots of stories to go with them and that is what makes things special. So, anyway, we took down the "good" teaset and had apple juice and munchies snack mix. We even used a fancy tablecloth and flowers to dress up her table. She is girly, girly, girly. I don't know where she gets it but it isn't me. I was as tomboy as they came. Jake was amused by the whole scene for maybe five minutes - just long enough for the snack mix to be eaten. After that he was out of there. Gotta remember to teach him that it isn't polite to eat and run!

Gloria, I am happy to report that I indulged in a 1/2 slice of my "diet" key lime pie. It was plenty to satisfy me and 129 calories well spent. Of course, now I'm craving crispy on the outside gooey on the inside chocolate chip cookies! I too am a fan of them. I find it is a MUST to eat 5 or 6 IMMEDIATLEY after they are done because you can never get back that fresh from the oven texture that IS perfection.

And, Cheryll, don't feel too bad. I snuck a few bite size snickers and butterfinger eggs while we were stuffing eggs for Will's school Easter egg hunt. It isn't the end of the world. But I do have to admit that it started as an, "I'll just have one" situation. Then escalated to, "Two won't hurt", on up to "I'm going to use will power and not have another snicker - can somebody pass me those butterfingers?" Still, I know I'm not going to go the rest of my life never eating another piece of candy so I might as well learn now how to indulge rather than overindulge. And while 6 bitesize candy bars seems like a lot now it wasn't too long ago that I could (and would) have finished off the whole bag in no time. There - a positive spin to help us not beat ourselves up.

Okay, I've got another question for you all. What do you do when you aren't hungry anymore but still have calories (or whatever you count) left. On the one hand, I know how important it is to eat enough while losing weight. On the other hand, I like that I've learned to recognize when I'm hungry and when I'm not. Since I'll be relying on my body's signals once I'm maintaining my goal weight I don't really like the idea of perpetuating my mentality of eating becuase food is available. That is how I got fat in the first place. I honestly don't feel like I'm on a diet anymore. So, on days like today that I find myself 200-300 calories short of my target but perfectly satisfied I don't know whether to listen to my body or eat them for health even though I'm not hungry. I don't think one is better than the other really but I am interested to know how you all would handle the situation.

Good night to you all.

Tricia

5 dogs
03-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Sorry i cant help you Tricia, but I'm on the South beach diet and i don't count calories. Do you find the counting restrictive and bothersome? With a busy schedule as yours, raising your children and keeping up with the household chores, how do you find the time to count and calculate all the calories you consume in a day?

Your tea party sounded just wonderful. I was wondering how old your daughter is? Does she still play with dolls? I can imagine you and her sitting at a table with all her dolls around drinking apple juice. Makes me wish i could join you.

Have you ever had a song stuck in you head and it keeps playing over and over and over again? I have the LimeWire program for any mp3's i want, and one day i found this song by John Denver that i had never heard before. Its a Christmas song called "The flower that shattered the stone. Its a beautiful song but i have had it stuck in my head for a week now and there's just no getting rid of it. I've even tried singing the song "Yankee doodle dandy" but to no avail.

Oh my goodness, the sun just came out! Will definitely have to sing my little song while I'm swimming in the pool today.

Have a good one.
Gloria

lucky
03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Gloria, no, I don't find counting calories bothersome. I use fitday.com and have most of my custom foods set up so it is really actually very easy. I enjoy counting calories because it gives me a real sense of control over my eating. And I like that I decide what I can and don't eat. I don't have any other health issues to address through my diet so the bottom line for me is losing weight and burning more calories than I consume is the only fool proof plan I know of to do that.

Addie and and Jake are 4. One of the greatest ages ever if you ask me. She does like to play dolls but she has two stuffed puppies that are usually the guests of honor at her tea parties.

Interestingly enough, both of my boys like tea parties too. They don't make an afternoon of it the way she does but they like to pretend they are in a restaurant (guess who the waitress is?). In fact, every now and then I'll set up the dining room and we will have lunch using my china, silver, and crystal. They really get a big kick out of it. Maybe because everything in the dining room is usally off limits because it is all breakable. Whatever the appeal, all three of them like to eat "fancy" every now and then. I figure, what the heck. We got all of these nice place settings as wedding gifts and hardly ever get to use them. One day it will serve them well to know what all of those forks, spoons, and plates are for. Even if they only attend one formal dinner in their lives at least they will know what to do when they get there. I am bound and determined that regardless of what else they become my boys will be Southern gentelmen. I don't care if they dig ditches as long as it makes them happy but I expect manners no matter what. I am a firm believer that it doesn't matter how rich or poor a person is. The more social settings you can carry yourself in the more even the playing field is in any situation.

Well, guys, our spring break is offically here so I'll probably only get to pop in every now and then this week. Yay! Y'all can give your eyes a rest reading my novel lenghth posts! We are thinking of taking the kids down to Gulf Shores for a few days if the weather is going to be nice there. I'll be able to hit the outlet shops and hopefully find great deals at all the end of season sales. I have a very limited budget for new clothes so the more bang I can get for my buck the better.

Have a great week!

Tricia

5 dogs
03-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow Tricia, i am so jealous. You still have lots of time to spend with your kids while there still young. My kids are all grownup now, but i would give anything to have just one more day to spend with them when they were little. Cherish every moment that you can with them. You sound like me when it comes to being a proud mother. I have to catch myself talking to much about my kids sometimes. I'm like that old joke about the Grandmother having a wallet full of pictures of her Grandkids and wanting to show everyone. I hope you have a great Easter vacation and a great trip to the Gulf if you decide to go.

Happy Easter everyone.
Gloria http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/card.gif

redballoon
03-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Easter's not till the 27th, right? Just checking. No time to write. Lucky, why am I here? No special reason. Just a place to be, I guess. Things happen that way. I was never one to feel I had to be in a certain country or place. I'm good with languages so and am very open to things, very curious about different ways of seeing things, thinking about things, perceptions, so I guess it's not unusual for me to have ended up in a foreign country. I was always an explorer type. To me, people are people, the world over. You find all types, everywhere, scary and wonderful thought.

5 dogs
03-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Easter is next Sunday Red but with all this talk about Easter candy and spring break, i was in the mood for a little Easter cheer.

When Will my son was in Japan he told us that his family he was living with took him bowling one night. The price of two or three games plus some sodas for him and the family came to over a hundred dollars. Wow, at that price i think i would go into the bowling lane business.

You sound like your a very busy person Red. Do you ever get a chance to go to the gym? If so, i can just imagine how much the dues are. Will also told us that beef is also quite high and very fatty there. I am very interested in your way of life there if I'm not being nosy. I also understand that the Japanese people have a different way of heating there homes. From what i was told, they heat only one room and everyone stays in that room. Very interesting. It must be fascinating to learn about other couture's first hand for you. The only place I've been outside of America is Mexico and thats only because i was born and raised in Phoenix Az. and i have an aunt that lives close to the border.

Carl will be home soon so better get supper started.
Take care.
Gloria

redballoon
03-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Hi people. Just coming in here to say hello and wish you all a nice weekend. I'm wrapping up Saturday here. Have to be up at 3:45 a.m. then go go go all day. I have work hanging over me but right now I just want to relax a touch and sleep! I actually dug out my bike from under all the clothes that were piled on it, moved it out to the center of my tiny room and pedaled it for half an hour this morning. I really worked up a sweat. It was dripping off me! Hurrah! Then to work. I felt acomplished! But also very dehydrated even though I drank a lot of water. I love water! Also, too, hay fever is bad this year, or rather, the pollen is bad and I have a sore throat, itchy eyes and feel bummed out at times.

But still I was glad I did that. I went to the gym yesterday morning before work and the day before late in the afternoon. I hadn't been able to get there in a long time because I've been so busy and I was also sick (had lost my voice for a week there last week).

5 dogs, yes, things are expensive here, VERY, but you have to realize too that people earn more here so it is kind of relative. Still, I would say it's much more costly than the States overall.

I AM very busy but I like it that way. I'm always trying to do a lot of things, would go crazy if I had to sit in an office all day. You ask all you want. I forgot to answer your questions or comment on some things you said earlier. Sorry. I just get behind so easily and really have no time to do slow reads and writes. Ask again. I love it when people ask me something. Beef, well that can be as expensive as they want. I am a vegetarian so . . . Heating, yes, that's right, all space heaters, gas, electric or kerosene. I use kerosene and one little electric heater. Kerosene is hottest and cheapest but it is a bit of a pain having to refill the heater all the time. Many people use heated rugs and some fancy homes have heated flooring. They also have tables with heat lamps under them that you put a quilt over (actually sandwiched between two table layers, but those are becoming rarer these days. I never liked them. Felt like an old woman sitting around the table, eating oranges and dozing off. (oranges, Mandarin oranges are big in winter).

I've never been to Mexico myself. Would like to go sometime. Where are you now, 5 dogs, sorry if you said already. I lived in Germany and India before coming to Japan, always on my own, just always had wanderlust. First went to England and traveled around Europe when I was 16. We weren't rich or anything but I figured out how to do it cheaply and I'd always had penpals all over the world so I stayed with them a lot. My major was German and that initially took me to Germany, 4 years in Munich, beer, beer, beer! then to India and north of Calcutta out in the sticks, like another world, heady stuff that. . . Ok, just thought I'd give you some background. Thanks for asking, Gloria. By the way, I take it Carl is your husband, right?

Ok, gotta run. Sorry, guys. Wish you all the best! :wave:

LuckyLadyBug
03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Red, what a wonderful, interesting life. Tell us all - start with the day you moved to Germany!! :rofl:

And India - I LOVE Gandi - his life and beliefs on eating fascinate me.

You shouldn't have told me because I will ask, ask and ask questions !!!! :^:

Kat, any sign of those passports? If not, I bet you find them as soon as you get back from vacation.

Well, coffee is done - and I need it. :coffee: I was out last night with my uncles family celebrating his birthday!!!

I shall be back!

katrinabgood
03-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey folks! Busy busy busy over here! Shopping, trying to pack, do party planning...etc. Shopping, especially for a bathing suit, is a wonderful eye opener...I highly recommend it if you feel the urge to cheat! :yikes:

I just had a great snack, a bag of sugar snap peas. They're organic, come already washed, (I do wash 'em again, just because...ugh) and de-strung and they are so good and crunchy and sweet. Not very filling though, but a nice something to nibble on as I catch up on all the posts I've missed!

Still no passports...I know they'll turn up when we get back. I did go to replace my driver's license with a photo one...what an ordeal that was. And still not done! I figured it's just a renewal, I just need a photo license, right? WRONG! Fill out the card, Go to the snotty lady who reads the card for about 5 minutes and then asks, even though it's obvious, "DO YOU HAVE YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?" Birth certificate? Why on earth would I have that? "Uh...no." "WELL, WE NEED THAT TO PROCESS YOUR LICENSE CHANGE." And she slapped a pamphlet into my hand, presumably for me to read all about why I need my birth certificate for a license that I have been renewing for the past 30 years.

So I went home to get the birth certificate. And went back. I proceeded to the snotty lady area, confident now that I would be walking out of there shortly with my new photo license.

And I would be wrong.

By now, she has a trainee with her, who reviews my documents, reading each carefully, for what seems like 10 minutes. She then looks up and says, "Can I see your marriage certificate?"

EXCUSE ME????

I looked at her and her trainer in disbelief and said, "I WAS JUST HERE. NO ONE TOLD ME TO BRING MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE,WHEN THEY TOLD ME TO BRING BACK MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE."

To which snotty lady haughtily replies, "Well, did you read the pamphlet?" :nono:

It was then that my head exploded and I left. :bomb: :fr:

<Is it me? Couldn't she have just said bring your birth cert and a marriage cert if there was a name change? One more little sentence would not have killed her.> I pictured a score board under the desk where they chalk up how many people they have driven mad that day.

I'll try again Monday. After I read the damn pamphlet!

One week from today, I will be on a sunny, warm beach in Playa del Carmen, Mexico... :sunny: :goodvibes ...far far away from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

I have to grab some dinner, a nap and head off to work.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

redballoon
03-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Flyby, Lucky, OK, I'll try to give you a synopsis of my life sometime! :lol:
Kat, you poor thing! Petty minds with a fistful of power, bureaucrats!! What a bunch of creeps. How do they sleep at night? :mad: You have the right attitude though, thinking of your trip. When you do finally have your license in hand, why don't you thank them real friendly like and tell them where you're off to, embellish a little and see if you see any tinges of green around the edges! :lol:

LuckyLadyBug
03-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I have gone into my Spring mode, raking, shoving, hauling, cutting, trimming etc (as some of you know this is my life for a few months).

It was good to be outside - out of the 16 inchs of snow predicted for here Friday we didn't get even ONE flake!!!

One of my nephews is home from college for his birthday so I will be going back over there in a few minutes. It seems so odd and surprising how old he is already - where did all that time go? :shrug:

Okay gotta get ready - I shall return. :yes:

lucky
03-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Kat, you just described every DMV in the country. Where do they find these people? I actually had a very nice lady help me the last time I had to renew my license. When Greg went in she was gone. I swear, I bet she got fired for being to friendly.

I've got a little bragging to do. First of all, my scale FINALLY moved. I'm down to 167.2. Hooray! Second of all, I had one of the trainers take my measurements for me. I had done it myself a couple of weeks ago but didn't feel comfortable that I'd done it accurately. Boy, am I glad I did. Since this time last year (I've been on and off the weight loss track for about a year. It wasn't until just after Christmas that I got really serious) I've lost - drum roll please - 23 inches! I am absolutley in shock. I've been working so hard I shouldn't be surprised but I am. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised all the same. I have to admit that I'm feeling a little high and mighty this weekend. Not to mention very, very, proud of myself.

We've decided not to go to Gulf Shores this week. It is just as well as we have plenty around here to keep us busy. But, I am going to miss not hitting the outlet mall for a little bit of shopping. Greg's parents will be here in April and are going to keep the kids while Greg and I get away for a few days. I've suggested we go down then since the weather will be warmer and it is MUCH easier to shop without the kids in tow.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It is raining here so we are on our way out to do a little puddle stomping. The kids are stir crazy already. Catch you all later!

Tricia

lucky
03-21-2005, 09:51 AM
This is what I love about using fitday.com:

Monday is my "official" weigh in day. So, I stepped on the scale this morning even though I had weighed myself yesterday. What do you know, it said 165.8. Now, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but I knew it wasn't likely that I'd lost almost a pound and a half of fat overnight. I looked at my fitday records for the last couple of weeks and noticed something I had missed before. My calories were right on track but I had been eating a higher than usual amount of sodium, including a salty snack before bed. On top of that, my water intake was really low. Except for when I was at the gym I was drinking diet coke exclusively. The last two days I've had only water and have been going to bed so early that I wasn't eating those salty snacks before bed.

I think the whole time I thought I was on a plateau I was actually losing fat. It didn't show on the scale because I was retaining so much water. I feel like an idiot for not figuring all of this out sooner. But, at least I know what was going on and can be more aware of that pitfall from here on out.

We've got another gloomy day ahead of us. I think we'll just take it easy today. I may take the kids to get their hair cut - they all need it desperately. I've let the house get turned upside down this weekend. That is what happens when it rains so much that we end up spending all day inside. I may try to tackle a little of the mess this afternoon. And, as everyone knows, there is plenty of laundry that I have to do!

Gloria, I thought of you the other day. I went to a step class and ran into a friend of mine that I haven't seen since college. I was glad to see her but I did find that I was a little bit self conscious during the class and that made me enjoy it less. But, we talked afterwards and I won't be bothered if we end up in classes together again. It is so wierd to see someone like that because we were so YOUNG when we last saw each other. Now, I know 36 isn't old but 22 is sooooo much younger!

I am off to get this day started. Have a great Monday!

Tricia

5 dogs
03-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Sorry i haven't been around much the past couple of days, but the weather has been so beautiful that i just had to spend the weekend outside. Tricia, let me do a little of that bragging for you. Hay everybody, TRICIA IS GETTING SKINNY!!! Three cheers for Tricia. Hip, hip hooray.

I just got back from my step class and am all hot and sticky but decided to wright a quick post before taking a shower. Good thing smell-a-puter hasn't been invented yet. My (once upon a time) friend wasn't there tonight. As a matter of fact, i haven't seen her in the past two weeks. I guess i shouldn't say this, but I'm glad she may have quit. When i get into that zone in my step class, where my hart rate is up and the music has a good beat and i almost feel like i could fly, the last thing i want to see when i look up is an old friend watching me. Very distracting.

Went swimming on Sunday where i made a new friend. The sun was finally out and the Temp. was around 70 degrees, so after my hour swim i decided to get a little sun on my extremely white legs. Found an empty lounge chair and was only going to stay till my swim suit dried. I got to talking with the woman next to me and before i knew it, an hour had passed and i was starting to look like a deep fat french fry. I've seen her around the Y before but never had the opportunity to talk to her, now i do. I know I'm rambling but i just love meeting new people.

Well, i have to get into that shower before one of my dogs faints from the smell.
Talk to you soon.
Gloria

katrinabgood
03-22-2005, 01:44 AM
This is weird...I thought I posted this morning, only to find that I didn't...

No time now...I'm supposed to be packing!

See you in the morning!

LuckyLadyBug
03-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Sorry to be so slack at posting. I worked outside Saturday, nephew was home from college so visited Saturday night and Sunday morning then back outside. It is so fun to have that first clean up outside started - but :o after a shower I sat down and promptly fell asleep.

I will be back tonight. Off to work.

redballoon
03-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Apologies from me as well. I am reading, wishing you all the best, just have no time to post. Am flat out on a story here. . . hope to be able to catch up later. Take care all!

c bo be
03-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Good morning all!

Just sounds like everyone is so busy and getting into the spring mode for sure. I'm on spring break and I am doing some painting on my house. Just taking a quick break for a couple of minutes, but I will be busy for the next few days. Hope everyone as a wunerful, wunerful, wunerful, easter weekend. Don't eat too much chocolate!
Have a good one!

Cheryll

LuckyLadyBug
03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi, boy what a day I had BUT thanks to Tricia I DIDN'T come home and sit on the couch!!! I exercised for 45 min.

I have been close to giving up on losing weight and then I read Tricia's post and was inspired to keep going.

2 3 INCHES
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Congratulations/congratulations10.gif

I can feel your enthusiasim, Tricia. I even might check out Fitday again. ;)

Gloria, I can't stay inside when Spring comes either. Of course for me I work outside when it is 40 - NOT 70 :lol:

Tricia, I eat sunflower seed when I get the urge to snack and I think that salt gets me too but I think - water weight is WAY better than FAT!

red, I will be waiting for your return!

Cheryll, want to come and paint with me. I have some indoor and outdoor painting to do but am not that much of a fan of painting but it has to be done.

I am going to eat and then read some of Dr.Phil's book on "self-talk". I have to improve mine if I want to be a "Tricia"!!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Easter/08.gif

redballoon
03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Heh lucky, great on the exercise! Come on, NEVER give up, girl, you can do this! OK!?!
I'm aching for some good head-banging rock and roll. All this work is driving me nuts or to do nutty things like keep some bloodstock agent out till way past the last train drinking beer after beer in some fancy hotel. Then I insisted on going out further when the poor guy had a plane to catch back to Dublin the next morning. So, I pouty, stomp off, walk down the hill away from the long line of taxis, thinking, oh ****, I didn't know what. There was a cop in his little box on the other side of the road but the road was stansioned off so you couldn't cross. I hop over, which brought the cop out and I demanded to know why the road was blocked off. He said no one was supposed to cross because of the embassy and I look up and there towering over me was the American Embassy. Jeez, he must have realized I was just a harmless drunk or I could have been in big trouble. So, I asked him the way to the nearest station to find a taxi and got one home. Ugh, stupid me, you see, I'm burning out with all the work, but it was fun. . .just wrote an apology to the guy back in Ireland for being such a stubborn little insistent 2-year-old telling him he didn't have to "pack" he could just throw everything in his suitcase and sit on it. . . oh god!

Well, I rode the next morning, yeah, got home, got my article written on this big jock retiring here, sent that out to Kentucky (amazing, one click of the keyboard, and whoosh!! the thing flies halfway 'round the world) then fixed a translation and into bed. Now, I'm up and having a breather before going off to a publishing house and slogging through some poorly written manuscript that I have to rewrite. Oh, I hate it. And lucky, was it you who thought my life was exciting?!?! Crazy is more the word. :lol:

lucky
03-22-2005, 10:57 PM
First of all let me say how glad I am that most everyone has rolled back through to post. I was starting to here an echo in here!

Second, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the cheers. It really does make a difference to have people around who understand just what a BIG DEAL a few frickin' pounds really is! Not to mention how much work is behind getting rid of them.

Lucky, you are right. I am feeling very enthusiastic these days. It has a lot to do with having had my measurements taken. I honestly had no idea I'd come that far. It shocked me into overdrive that is for sure. I feel so close to where I want to be. And, I have to tell you, that is the STRANGEST feeling ever. It is almost like I'm in this new skin but not quite comfortable yet. I've taken on a whole new attitude about food. I don't remember a diet I've been on that didn't have a special pig out dinner as my reward once I reached a certain point. I was thinking about that at the gym tonight because that doesn't really appeal to me now. The wierd thing is that there is something inside me that WANTS it to be appealing because it is all I know - if that makes sense. I was thinking tonight about what I'd like to do when I hit that magic number and the first thing that came to mind was having my teeth bleached - because I smile so much more these days. I did think a special dinner out with Greg would be nice but not so much for the food. It is the idea of getting dressed up and having a REAL date that I like. All I can say is that these feelings are very foreign to me and I really have to mull them over and over to get my brain around them.

Red, a night like you described would literally kill me these days. When I was in my 20's a group of friends and I would go out at least 3 times a week, be out until 3:30 or 4:00, get up at 6:00 and go to work without so much as a bag under my eye. I'd not survive that once a week now, much less 3. I guess it is having kids that has done it to me. My idea of a party these days is getting to go to bed before 9 and sleeping until 8. And if Greg takes the kids somewhere so that I can curl up on the couch and watch a chic flick undisturbed - get out the confetti cause there's gonna be a celebration!

Gloria, I'm glad you are having such nice weather. We've had nothing but thunderstorms for 2 days. My poor children finally put their feet down when I sent them outside to play during a brief break in the clouds. I gave them very specific instructions to stay out of the mud. They were back at the door in less than 5 minutes complaining that there was no way they could play outside and NOT get in the mud. So, I gave in and let them have at it as I just couldn't bear to watch them sitting bored on the couch for one more second.

Greg is off of work for the rest of the week. I hope he'll tackle the honey do list I've given him. Although, I have to say that my hopes are not particularly high. Even if the doesn't it will still be nice to have an extra set of hand to help with the kids.

I'm off to get some shut-eye. Catch you all tomorrow!

Tricia

redballoon
03-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Tricia, ah, your post made me laugh, the part about going to bed at 9. That is how my usual days go because I want to be able to be up at 4 a.m. and not a total zombie. I ride early in the morning and need to be alert. You know, I really don't know how I did that the other night. I was surprised myself that I was at all ambulatory the next day. It wasn't all that late I guess and the beers were small. Actually I did feel pretty ragged but I was determined to ride. Recently, I've had nights on the town till the first train after 5 a.m. and they took more out of me. I suppose a lot has to do with hormones, how much is in your stomach, and probably moreso, WHO you are talking to. I was having a fine time talking to this guy, unfortunately I probably scared him off big time, not that I was interested in him, but it was kind of fun, having someone to bounce wits against (not that I have much to bounce! ;) )

But, more importantly, yes, yes, yes, sorry for not having been in the loop with your success story there, Tricia. I had read the other posts but too quickly and mine was just kind of an all-me-or-it's-going-to-be-nothing flyby post. Major congratulations on your weight loss and yes, I know how you feel about being psyched! I want to feel that so much again. I've been turning to blubber. I wear the same clothes but I know I'm fatter. I've lost so much muscle is why. But I haven't really been doing much so I want to, have to devise a plan. Yes, so keep up the good work. You have lost so much, haven't you? You must be proud. Continued good luck and may the wind be always at your back as they say!

LuckyLadyBug
03-23-2005, 07:53 AM
I just had a vitamin stuck in my throat - OUCH..and scary for a few seconds. :o But all is better now! :)

I have a terrible time with “time”. I need more of it each day. I was
going to get that Shape Up drink of Dr. Phil’s for my breakfast but I can’t
find it. Did something happen? I KNOW he used to sell it on his web site
– but now I can’t find it. It is also gone from the Wal-Mart shelves here.

It’s too bad I can’t get skinny on chocolate and beer! :lol3:

Anyway, I thought if I had a meal replacement drink for breakfast that
would give me extra time in the mornings I could use to exercise. I know
Slim fast has a lot of sugar so I thought I would check out Dr. Phil’s
stuff and now I can’t find it.:(

Then WHEN the weather cooperates here I want to use part of lunch to go for a walk.

I am on my way to work but will make replies tonight.

Have a good day all!!!
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Easter/easter1.jpg

5 dogs
03-23-2005, 10:56 AM
It looks like your bad weather has come my way Tricia. I had to get up early this morning to close the windows because it was raining so hard. Looks like i wont be doing any water aerobics today. There is a step class tonight that i will attend so will be able to get some exercise today.

One of my biggest problems i have in losing weight is targeting certain areas of my body that need shrinking the most. My stomach and waste are definitely getting smaller, but one of the biggest problems i have is the inside of my upper legs. No matter what exercise i did, this area stayed the same. All my pants have those lint balls from the constant rubbing when i walked. Well, a couple of days ago i was in a new water aerobics class and the instructor introduced a new exercise. It was kick boxing, but you do it in the water. I took the same class yesterday and am so excited that with only two classes, my upper inner leg looks smaller and there's not as much jiggle when i walk.

So Red, I've been meaning to ask you, have you been a vegetarian long? I would think that Japan is one of the best places to be a vegetarian. I know that what we call Japanese food here in the states is completely different from the real thing in Japan, but both are loaded with vegetables. I don't know that much about being a vegetarian, but i was wondering if the food you eat has to be prepared a certain way?

When i started writhing this soon to be post, i went back through some of our old post to get an idea of what i was going to say. When reading some of my old post, i noticed that i don't talk about weight that much. I hope this has not been a hindrance to any of you. I know that 3fatchicks is about loosing weight and getting healthy, but because i don't weigh myself but once a month, the topic of pounds and inches are limited for me.

Lucky, you never told us what kind of plants or flowers you decided on. Here in Florida we have sugar fine sand so i end up having to buy dirt. Hubby kids me about having to buy dirt. Anyway, i can imagine that you have really good planting dirt there in Minnesota.

Cheryll, what color are you painting the outside of your house? I love painting the inside of my house. Makes the rooms look fresh and new.

Kat, if you don't get a chance to post one more time before your vacation, i hope you have a terrific time.

Take care.
Gloria http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/happyeastermorning100ani.gif

katrinabgood
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
...the Passports have been found! <she sheepishly reported>

I was sitting there, at work last night, all zombie-like, seeing as I hadn't gotten a full cup of coffee in me yet. Kind of just staring at nothing in particular. When my gaze fell upon my purse...and the zipper compartment on the outside of it. "Hmmm," my under-caffeinated mind postulated, "I wonder if there's any money stashed in that pocket?" As I reached for it and started to unzip, I had a silly thought..."Ha! Wouldn't that be something if that's where the passports are hiding!" The thought no sooner crossed my mind when....VOILA!!! There they were! I think I let out a little shriek, cuz my coworkers came running over. "MY PASSPORTS!!! I FOUND MY PASSPORTS!" They just looked at me like, "Uh, you wanna keep it down? This IS a hospital!" I called dh to tell him. Instead of the jubilation I thought I'd hear, he was all, "You mean to tell me you've been walking around with them ALL THIS TIME??"

That's exactly what I'm telling you buster! AND I now have a cleaned out dresser, hutch, two closets, and two junk drawers because of it.

So it all worked out in the end. And, BONUS...I don't have to go back to the DMV for my picture license! :cp: <yet>

I'm off to have my toes pampered and prettied and polished for the trip. That, and a cut and color. I feel pretty, Oh! So pretty!

See you all later...

qsilver
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey all :)

Ok, I'm alive. Yes, even kicking. Well, at least that is what I keep telling myself! :lol: I just caught up on a bunch of reading here, and have to say Congratulations to both Tricia and Kat! Sounds like everyone else is working towards their goals as well. I hear a lot of activity going on out there. :)

I'm struggling, but seem to be coming out on top. So much of my mood seems to be determined by the weather. That combined with one woman at work trying her hardest to make my life miserable, and me not wanting to go back on my old food plan entirely... well, I've been frustrated. I decided to listen to my body for a little bit. If I don't feel like eating 4 servings of protein a day, I'm not going to. If I want to eat veggies and fruit all day long for a day, that is what I'm going to do. I even gave myself permission to have some birthday cake and homemade pizza at my daughter's birthday party. Guess what? The scale says I am down 7.5 lbs. while doing this. I should be elated, but really, what I want to do is throw my hands up in the air and admit that I have no clue what I am doing and how I am really going to get the rest of this weight off! I'm also still pissy at the fact that I did some backsliding and am re-losing weight. Tony was a doll and reminded me that a fresh start is a fresh start. BTW, he is in exams again, but sends best wishes to all of you. :) I get to see him in just over 6 weeks!

I'm rambling on in a serious way here, sorry. Just wanted to poke my head in and say Hey to everyone :)

Andria

LuckyLadyBug
03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #16 Everyone Welcome"