Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default What do you have for lunch???

I am getting on a get healthy for summer kick and I have started to plan my meals...... What I am stuck on is lunch??? What do you eat for lunch????

Help please!!!!

Thanks
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #2  

Hi, HC (oh, how I miss hockey) -

When I plan my meals for the week, I plan to make leftovers so I can bring them for lunch. Otherwise I tend to buy junk at work. Also a possibility are simple things like salads or sandwiches or frozen meals, if those fit into your eating plan.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

When I have it all together I like to bring a BIG salad (or what my DH calls a salad kit, as I assemble it when I'm ready to eat). I use lots of lettuce, often several kinds, sometimes some shredded cabbage, then whatever other salad stuff I have, like tomatoes, carrots, celery, peppers. I really like to add avocado if I have it. Then I add a protein source. My favorite is S&W Carribean black beans, warmed up. But grilled chicken is good too. DH likes leftover salmon on his. For a dressing I mix ff sour cream and salsa, dump it on and mix it up. If you use the warm beans they're juicy enough to mix with sc/salsa and the greens, etc. coated with this is excellen. Sort of a mock taco salad. I recently discovered a stash of Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones frozen dinners in my freezer (when did I buy these? Or did the house sitter?) so I've been having these about once a week, but I need to supplement them with veggies or salad. Not enough alone.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #4  
Mel

Big piles of leftover vegies and/or salad greens with some sort of lean protein on top: chicken breast, tuna, cottage cheese, turkey breast and black bean chili, catfish (not so lean!), salmon. I usually add a very small carb portion in the form of chick peas, a half an apple or some other fruit,a bit of sweet potato in chunks, or a sprinkle of fiber one as croutons or dry oatmeal (flat croutons ). Dressing is either salsa, waaay watered down Girard Champagne Light, my own olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or no dressing.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:11 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I like leftovers from the night before, I always make too much stir fry and have it for lunch...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:10 AM   #6  

I have a sandwich + big salad, or a grilled sandwich, or a shake with brewers yeart, soy chunks, jogurt and orange juice.
If I have leftovers I tend to eat too much of them.

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:40 AM   #7  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Great ideas everyone.....thank you.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote