Support Groups - Moms Loosing Weight #61

View Full Version : Moms Loosing Weight #61

ChrissyL
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I make sure I drink at least a gallon of water a day.

ChrissyL
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone slept well and has a great day today! I don't have much to do today, just some basic cleaning and playing with my little one. It's going to be 42 today, but the sun is shining, so I just might get out there and go for a walk with her again today. Fresh air is good for both of us, plus I get some extra exercise in. OMG do I have a story for yall, now if your squemish don't read anymore LOL!

Now yall know I take fiber pills 3 times a day, I love them they make me nice and full, so far so good...now ya think taking all that fiber I would have no problems in the bathroom right? WRONG! So yesterday I said OK I need to go get something to *help* me out here, so I bought a bottle of Ex-Lax (don't laugh yet) Milk of Magnisia...I get home and I read the directions blah blah blah...well as I'm looking at the bottle I notice it expired 1/05...so I'm thinking OK I only paid $2.99 for this, then had a $1 coupon so for $1.99 I can live with it...so like I said I read the directions..it said for Laxative use, Adults take 2-4 Tblsp...OK So the lightbulb goes off...I say to myself *OK self...its expired so take the full does so it works* so I did,, mmmmm doesn't taste to bad...1 hour later, Cara's school called and I'm on the phone with her teacher and all of a sudden my stomach starts making noises, I feel like if I don't sit down with my legs crossed we'll have a problem. I get off the phone, grab the baby and make a mad dash up the stairs, get the gate up so she don't fall down the steps and then I get into the bathroom...THIS is when I could have auditioned for Dumb & Dumber Pt 2! OMG I was in the bathroom and I'm LMAO you should have heard my stomach!! Well now on to the moral of my story, just cuz your exlax is expired by 2 months, you DONT need to take the full dose for it to work! LOL I hope I didn't gross yall out LOL!

Karen~I think its great your hubby only had 7, today he'll do better! YAY for him! And with you eating better, then he will also and that will save him from gaining weight from quiting smoking :)

Chris~OMG I remember the days of staying OUT & up till 4 am then getting up at 7 for work! Yikes I have a hard time if I stay up past 11 now! LOL I hope you are feeling better today!

Penny~Where are you? I hope all is well! Check in when you can :)

Melissa~You sure had a busy day! You did good with your pizza :) I love love love Italian food, and I *used* to cook it all the time, I had to stop when I started changing my eating habbits, or I never would lose weight.

Debi~ Welcome!! Tell us some more about yourself :) We look forward to getting to know you.

Michelle~Did you enjoy your day off yesterday? I hope today is a good day for you too!!

Catch up with yall again in a bit :)

Redskirt1
03-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Was going to post funny image here, but couldn't get it to work....oh well...

OMG! Chrissy, you poor thing!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

bbl to post....

ChrissyL
03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Whose birthday is it?

michellejy
03-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Chrissy- you poor thing. That is like something out of a bad movie :lol:

Nothing too exciting going on here today. I've been doing pretty well with exercising at least 5 days of the week, even if it's only 30 minutes of yoga.

MichelleRae
03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Good Morning!

Oh Chrissy!!!! You poor dear!! that is so funny though ;) I hope you are feeling better today lol

Tab, whose birthday is it? Or are we having an unbirthday party? lol

Chelle, way to go on the exercise :) You'll make some great progress!

Well girls with all my medical problems and such I really want to be on the Extreme Makeover show so I'm going to work on my application today, I also need to do a video tape :D It is something I would love to do but we'll see.

Well I'm off to get the day started!
Hope you all have a great day!
Michelle

chrily
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
So Michelle, Is it the Extreme Makeover Home Edition or the other one? I'd love to have my whole house redone. That would be the ultimate.

Chrissy-Thanks for the Ex-Lax tip.... :lol: Learn something new everyday huh?

Chelle-You're day sounds like mine. I don't even get the option of going anywhere. Darn it. I got a sick little one home from school. She's upstairs vegging out on my bed and watching cartoons. I hope she doesn't "frow" on my bed (that's how Nicole says throw up...Did you "frow"?... :lol: )

YA Tab...who's birthday are we celebrating? :D

Hi Melissa! Where are you this a.m.? Sleeping in? I did.... ;)

Hi Karen, Debi and our one other Newbie (sorry I forgot what your name is)...I get it all straight sooner or later. I'm a little slow in the a.m.

Well I feel a bit better today. My back is still killing me and my stomach is still not quite normal but I think the sleep helped. I'm thinking I have a touch of something and then my back is hurting from laying in awkward positions at night trying to keep from falling off the bed because Nicole has crept back in cause she's "a -sceered" of her bedroom.

OH brother...she licked the cat now and is throwing a fit because she has cat hair on her tongue. KID FOR SALE !!!! :lol:

~chris

krngallo
03-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi all, :coffee2:

Starting the new day--and so far so good!

Last night on my way home from the pool I tried a new drink by Lipton tea. It is diet cirtrus green tea. I was surprised at how good it was--really good. I hope they start making lots of it so I can find it in the regular stores. I got it at the gas station, and haven't seen it other places before. Has anyone seen this drink? If you do, try it!
:)

ChrissyL--What kind of fiber pills do you take? I take something called Spirulina. It is supposed to be good for your immune system, cholesterol and boosting energy in a healthy way (no ephedra or caffeine in them). I read a study about them that was conducted by a medical journal--and it all said good stuff, so I thought I would try them out. You are right about it being good timing for me to be eating healthy--and helping my husband to not balloon up after quitting. Although he is pretty trim naturally with a lot of muscle tone that helps his metabolism stay higher. But even he has a litte pooch belly compare to when we first met. Oh poor baby! Anyway, he is the type who looks like he works out--but doesn't! Shoot him right!

I hope everyone has a great day! I have to run and get some stuff done! Always, always, always! ;)

mamamoo
03-15-2005, 01:10 PM
please excuse any typos, I'm nursing the baby while i type. lol I am debi sahm to four great kids, alex is 7, maddy will be 6 in a few days, sam is 27 months, and violet just turned 3 months on Friday. We homeschool, so my kids are here all day long. I love to knit, and am trying to get licensed to knit someone's patterns so I can work from home. We cloth diaper, and do lots of natural things, but I'm working really hard on trying to get our eating to be more natural, home cooked healthy stuff.
Ummm...I love to read, but am too busy the last few years to do much more than read a few mags now and then.
I was a softball player for 8 years as a kid/teen, and was VERY muscular, but always thought i was fat( you know I wasn't in a size 3)in high school...I weighed 140!!! I am now just under 300 pounds...how i got this way was through lots of emotional eating and very little exercise. I've been pregnant 5 times in the last 8 years so i just kind of let myself go...and haven't done anything for me in a very long time. I weighed 330 a week after violet was born and that was it for me. I joined curves a week ago, I worked out 5 times last week, and lost just over 5 pounds!! That was without changing any eating habits(besides drinking more water). I am thrilled.
anyway...that all i can think of. oh, married 8 years to my hubby travis, and we are moving at the end of the month, but haven't exactly found a place yet. lol
:) debi

michellejy
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I am so happy! After I posted this morning, I weighed myself, and I am down 15 pounds in the month since I started dieting :D I changed my avatar, and since I passed my St. Patrick's Day goal by 2 pounds, I set a new March goal for myself. Who would have believed that a scale would ever bring me any happiness? :lol:

Oh, we had another new member post in yesterday's thread so I directed her to this one.

ConnieY
03-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey I think I found the right board LOL. I think I posted on the other one? #60?

I'll repost: Ok, I'm an at home mom of 3 (2 of which are on vacation from school right now) and I'm going bonkers.

I am a sugarbusters member, but lately the sweettalk board is getting inundated with trolls so I'm looking for a safer, highly monitored board.

I am so glad to be here!

Connie

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/chick01/lb/213/135/206/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Redskirt1
03-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Alright, I was half asleep this morning when I was reading Chrissy's post. And I misread this sentence:

It's going to be 42 today...

I do apologize, er....very embarrassed, I could have sworn It's was I'm...don't ask. I haven't been sleeping well lately. LOL :lol: :dizzy: :o

Michelle, I would love to be on Extreme Makeover, simply to see if they would help me with the extensive dental work that I desperately need done. Ugh, I even wrote Oprah for help.

Chelle, congratulations on making your goal! I don't think I am going to reach my St. Patricks day goal, honestly, 15 pounds in 4 days? Nope. I am going to extend it til the end of the month, and get my butt in gear.

Connie, welcome! Yeah, trolls are a nasty part of message board life. And it's sad that they don't even respect a board where people are trying to better themselves. I can say, that in the, who long has it been, six months or so, that I have been at 3fc, I have never seen any type of troll activity. The ladies that run and moderate this board do a terrific job there. And this little group is great. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Well, I went back to bed, after I wrongly wished Chrissy a happy birthday, again, dying of embarrassment....oh well. Chrissy, I apologize for making you older than you are! I didn't wake up until noon. My h just let me sleep, thankfully. Usually he wakes me up. But now, I am so far behind, that it's going to take me all day to catch up. Plus I need to exercise. LOL, I have to start getting sleep at night. I either wake up early and I am grouchy or on the rare occassion, sleep late like I did today. Not good. Plus, not resting isn't good for my weightloss efforts. So I have to do something to change this. I am up a couple of pounds, thanks to TOM, and feeling very sluggish. Oh well, I'll bbl. Take care, gals.

chrily
03-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Debi-You are a serious multitasker.... :D I find it hard to hold a child while typing. Good job.

Karen-I haven't seen the Lipton tea you're talking about. I'll have to look a bit harder. I'm just a water drinker mainly. I have found some Crystal Light drink mixes that I like.

Connie-Welcome aboard! I'm Chris, a primarily stay at home mom of 3 girls. Hey maybe you could give me some pointers. My mom is trying to teach me to knit...when I say trying...I mean trying. Not one of my better attributes I guess. I do love to sew and read books too. I find it hard to read also, so I take bathes at night to escape the family and get some me time in. I was a skinny minnie in high school too. I weighed a whopping 119 then. When I found this website, I was at an all time high of 223. Now I'm down to 194. I'm going to work my way down to 155 if it kills me. I gained most of my weight with being a mom. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. Woo HOo!

Tabitha-Your mistake is forgiven. :lol: I was wondering what you were talking about. Is the brain cells working now. Just kidding.

Well I gotta go and get some lunch for the little ones.

~chris

DianeJ
03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey ladies!
I used to post w/ the stay at home moms many, many months ago. I've since fallen off the bandwagon and was wondering if I could re-join with you all and get help staying motivated?

I have twin boys, Logan and Ethan, they are 2 1/2 years old. I teach yoga two nights a week in my home town here in Cali.

Right now I'm doing w.watchers and using a bowflex on the days I don't teach yoga. I'm having a difficult time not eating outside my points range and drinking enough water. I enjoy working out and have just started with 3 times a week. The boys just started pre-school on Tues/Thurs for half days, and unfortunately they have been bringing home every bug, cold and flu imaginable and giving it to me in the process, so it's been difficult to say the least. I enrolled them in pre-school to give them some time away from me and vise versa, so I could get some stuff done around the house. So far it's been more work than help since they've been sick so much and I still have to pay for attendance. I'm sure it will get better soon though.

I'll try and read though some of the past posts this week to get to know everyone better that I haven't met yet.

chat with you all soon,
Di

MichelleRae
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Diane!!!!!! OMG WELCOME BACK!!!! We've missed you soooo much!! Its great to have you back. Last time you posted I know you were getting Ethen (I think) checked for down syndrome right? How did it all turn out! It's so nice to have you back!!

Conni, welcome to our board!! We have two moderators that post here, myself and mompen, so you needn't worry about trolls here :) It's great to have you here!

Okay gotta do an assignment then I'll be back to post :D
Love to all!
Michelle

beatnikluv
03-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Wow.. the new thread a day thing threw me off too :) I'm new here as well, I have twin girls, Di! Aren't they a BLAST??? LOL I completely fell off the wagon over the weekend, so I'm hoping to make up for it this week.... I'm not sure which wagon I fell off of, though... I'm not on any real "plan" ... What plans are everyone else on?

Redskirt1
03-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Busy today! I love it! Well, I have been cleaning in 15 minute bursts....and then taking a break. If I can keep that up, then my living room and kitchen should be back in order in time for me to do some great exercise and rack up some terrific points this afternoon. So watch out. My h is home, so I am about to enlist his help in the cleaning. Heh, I just proposed this idea to him, and all he said was, it won't work. Whatever. I gotta go now, bbl.

Oh, beatnik, I am not on a specific plan either. I have cut back on my sodas, started watching my what I eat and how much and when I eat. Plus exercising....which I NEVER used to do. LOL, that has made a huge difference.

Alright, gotta go. bbl.

beatnikluv
03-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Thats pretty much what I have done, although I am hard pressed to get my exercise in. I also have hypothyroid, so when I forget my meds, that doesn' thelp either. I'm a mom to three kids, 30 months and under, so when I'm not at work, I'm up to my elbows in kidlets LOL

mamamoo
03-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I am not on a specific plan either. I am exercising a bunch, which I found out I love...just hard fitting it in the day, and staying motivated. I am commiting to drinking more water, and trying oh so hard to stay aways from refined sugars/carbs. The last one is the hardest. LOL

Redskirt~I am going to go try that 15 minute burst thing. My house is a disaster...anytime I get it cleaned up a bit a huge mess will pop up in another room. <sigh> I have got to enlist the kids more...just often makes even more work for me. LOL

Wow, twins...I can't even imagine. That would be tricky. I know when I had my kids in daycare for a while we were sick all the time...I finally just gave up and took them out(this is not why I'm homeschooling though lol). Maybe try some ecchinea tea(not sure if I spelled it right), my kids will drink tea with honey in it, yum. :)

ok off to put Sam down for a nap, and try redskirt's idea. :) Debi

chrily
03-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Shanna,
MY husband is hypothyroid too. Right now he needs to get his meds adjusted because he is just too darn tired and fatigued again.

I'm doing the Tabitha thing today. 15 min. bursts of housework. I should be done sooner or later, then I can start all over again. Sure enough Nicole will find something to get into so that I can clean it up....

well since I've used up my computer time listing books on ebay...I gotta go mop now. Somebody...no names (Nicole) spilled grape juice on the floor and its sticky!!!!

~chris

DianeJ
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks Michelle and everyone, it's nice to be welcomed back. I was actually getting Logan evaluated for Autism, even though they are both pretty delayed in the speech area, Ethan at least seems to understand me and simple commands. Logan does not have Autism, but we are investigating Auditory processing disorder now. In basic terms, Logan's hearing is fine, but he has a difficult time processing what he's hearing and making sense of it. I'll know more in several weeks or so, it's been on ongoing process that has been enough to drive me batty!

Shanna, yes twins are a blast! My two are as different as they come, basically polar opposites of each other, makes it pretty interesting. How old are your twins? I feel like it's getting a little easier in dealing with them, the more they learn to talk. It was really rough when they were first born though. I'm also Hypothyroid, I have something called Hashimoto's disease, which has something to do with auto-immune issues. Basically I caught some virus and my body attacked and destroyed my thyroid in the process. Something like that anyway, I'm by no means an expert on this subject! LOL

redskirt, I totally have to watch the soda intake too! I love diet vanilla pepsi, so it's not so much the calories, as it is the caffeine I have an issue with, well I overstated that because obviously i do have issues with calories or I wouldn't be here, duh, but my calorie issues are with food mainly. I noticed a huge difference in weight loss when I cut down/out caffeine and increase my water supply.

Debi, I love echinacea too, for myself. I did though, just read a study that is does not help children get over a cold faster. They have yet to do any research on whether or not it helps kids fight things off better to begin with, I'm hoping it does because my kids need all the help they can get.

Michelle, does Spryng still post? I know she's probably still at her goal weight. What all have I missed while I've been away???

Well, of to attempt a little cleaning, sigh. I just hate cleaning right now, although I feel a whole lot better when the house is tidy, so it's worth it.

take care,
Di

Redskirt1
03-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I got the 15 minute idea from FlyLadies.com...that website that Roxy (I think it was her) sent me to when I first came to this thread. I read about how some women were doing the 15 minute burst each day, checking hotspots and all that. Well, my house is too much of a mess to stick to it just once a day. So, to get it clean and organized, I am doing it several times a day. It has worked wonders today. LOL I've tried enlisting the help of my 4 year old, but it does make more work at this point. Once I get everything organized and cleaned up, she will have her chores, like making her bed and putting away her toys. I'm also setting up some house rules that will go into effect at the end of the week. (That's my self-imposed deadline for getting my apartment in order) It's something I read about in Parenting magazine. Instead of yelling over picking up toys or going to bed, or keeping drinks on the kitchen table, the article suggested using "House Rules" and there is less discussion. A child can argue til they are blue in the face with a rule imposed by a parent, but let them try to argue with the house about the rules. LOL, I could just see my daughter, "House, I don't want to go to bed right now, can't I stay up?" being answered with only silence, of course, that would be her answer, nope, house says go to bed. LOL, you think I am kidding,but I fully anticipate this sentence from my duaghter. Okay, time to burst again! We can all meet back and brag about how much work we got done! BBL!

beatnikluv
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
mamamoo - Twins are definitely nuts LOL I stayed home with them until my girls were 10 months old but since i have no help at home, it was taking a toll on my sanity LOL

Di - I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis too. My twins are 16 months old and i have a 30 month old little boy. My twins are ID, are yours? They're both as ornery as they come - they've learned WAY too much from big brother.. heh

chrily
03-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Okay...I'm back. I got most of the house cleaned. Some laundry done. I only have 2 more loads to do. Dinner is in the oven and dh will probably be totally shocked. I know I am.

Where is Melissa today? And Penny?

The new members are posting more than the rest of us... ;) No Deana, Roxy, Jeniqua, Jill, or Kendrea...

Anyhow tonight is going to be a busy little one. Tiana has a performance tonight for honor choir so we have to get Nicole and Kayla dropped of at my MIL's house, pick up my mom, and be down at the Lincoln Center before 6:45. Darn it! Gonna have to record American Idol too.

So far so good today. I haven't been snacking on the crap. I've had my South Beachy snacks, and my sort of SB lunch. I'm just going to have to take the time and set up a menu plan that I can use every week by just rotating the meals around. I kind of know what I want to do with it but its just being able to sit down and look through the recipes and copy them and then making up recipe cards and shopping lists for the stuff. Maybe I can talk dh into giving me some alone time to get that done.

Dh starts his new job tomorrow too. Not sure if he's excited or nervous. IT'll be a change. I just wish I could do more around here to contribute to the family. I want to do something important and worthwhile. I know being a mommy is an important job but I want to be a contributer in other ways. I feel like my kids are all I am, and I don't want to be just that. I don't know if I'm making sense or not. Being a mom is part of me, not all of me and I feel like the rest of myself is just wasting away, and that soon there won't be anything left of me.

~chris

DianeJ
03-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Shanna, my guys are fraternal. One has blue eyes and the other brown. They've been keeping me on my toes lately, i'm sure you know what I mean.

Chris, I know what you mean about getting lost in mommyville, it happens to most of us. I think if you found something that was just for you, you'd feel a lot better. I wouldn't run out and get a job, unless you really needed the extra income. Most people that work full time don't feel like their jobs define them as an individual anyways. I think it's more about finding your passion and it starts by doing what you enjoy. My thing is Yoga and I'm also thinking about learning to knit. I'm also trying to get away with just some girlfriends, even just for an hour or two every couple of weeks. Little steps will help and learning about yourself along the way is very important. Your job as a mommy is the most important job you'll ever have. I think most people towards the end of their lives would most regret not spending more time with loved ones, not having as much fun as they could in the moment. I doubt they would ponder or regret not working enough, or making enough money. Does that make any sense? I'm not trying to make it seem easy, cause I know first hand it is not. It's a constant balancing act for me, and I'm always tying to live in the moment, usually unsuccessfully. I've rambled on enough, I hope I didn't presume too much about what you are going through or offend you in any way, but the subject matter of your post really hit close to home as I've been really battling with it myself.

At the very least, know that you are not alone in these thoughts.

take care,
Di

ChrissyL
03-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Tabitha! LOL don't read my posts to early anymore LOLOL! Honey I am just turning 40 this November 13th coming up...don't make me 42 yet ...Well I didn't go on my walk, I tore apart my whole house, and moved furniture around, then decided to wipe down all the woodwork, vaccumed really well, made WW Oven Fried Chicken with Fried *Rice* (cauliflower) it was yummy! My Dad and brothers stopped over this afternoon so I never got my workout in...I guess all my cleaning was my workout today.

Well I need to get the little one to pick up her toys and then get her ready for bed, I'll talk with yall in the AM.

Deana1113
03-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey Girls!!!

Flying in to say I'm still alive (last I checked) LOL! I have been soooooo busy with scout stuff and kids' stuff, I haven't been able to get here (or when I think I can, someone else is tying up the puter). Plus with warmer weather I have already started Spring cleaning!

Hi to all the newbies :wave: I'm Deana, sahm to 4 - 3 boys 16, 9 and almost 8, and a girl 5! All the boys are in scouts (I'm assistant leader for one and leader for the another) and my daughter is in preschool 3 afternoons a week. I don't follow any plan, just counting calories, excercising and drinking water (I gave up soda in August).

I have to admit I fell off the wagon, BIG TIME!!! I haven't excercised in over a week, haven't been in places that are convenient to be drinking lots of water, if you know what I mean, and I gained 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks.....YIKES :yikes: TOM didn't help either and with being on the run all the time I have eaten alot of stuff I know I shouldn't have.

I am soooooo far behind in the challenge that I am going to withdraw and forfeit my entry. Maybe by the next one things will have slowed down, but then again as soon as I say that I think of what is coming in the next months and it's just CRAZY!!! School, Little League, Coach Pitch, T-Ball, Scouts, Prom, Cub Scout Day Camp.....and that's just up to the end of June. Dh's company shuts down for 2 weeks at the first of July so we try to take vacation then. Then ds#1 goes to Scout camp in August and it's time for back to school! Why do I let myself get into so many things?!?!? For the kids!

It sounds like everyone has been doing great with the challenge and I want to wish you all the best of luck!

I'll try to check in more often but who knows!

TTYL

beatnikluv
03-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Well.. I blew it again tonight.... I really should be doing my Pilates video or my bellydancing video but here I sit... After a less than stellar dinner as well... Yikes... I am *NEVER* going to get this weight off!!!!

Man am I glad that I found this site :)

ConnieY
03-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi, I'm a Fly baby and LOVE it!!! It is much more peaceful here now that I've learned to clean as I go. Getting to that point of keeping up can be difficult. The first week all I did was laundry laundry and cleaning up that kitchen. Finally I'm at the point where I can enjoy every accomplishment and be pretty much caught up!!! I love flylady.com!

Have a great night everyone!

Connie

beatnikluv
03-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm moving into a new house next week and I'm starting flylady (again) when I move. This house is hopeless :rofl:

chrily
03-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Diane,
YOu're post wasn't at all offensive to me. Some days I just feel less than useful or important. I wish I had some girlfriends to get away with. I really don't have any friends around here...of that, I am totally serious. I visit my sisters' but they are only 2 yrs apart and I'm 8 yrs older than one and 10 older than the other. We don't have as much in common. I really don't go out and do much either. It is just simpler to stay home instead of fighting little people and having tantrums being thrown in public.

Dang cat peed on the carpet again I think. Okay...false alarm. I have my sr. citizen old lady kitty who keeps getting bladder infections and has her "accidents". I'm watching her little butt. She's pees again and she's going back to the vet for more antibiotics.

Deana,
you sound like one overworked mom. I don't know how you can keep up with all of that stuff. Scouts, scouts, and more scouts. I was praising God and planning my sleep in times when Tiana's basketball season ended. :lol: Her girl's honor choir had their last program for the year tonight so that's over too. Sorry to see you not staying in the challenge but I guess if I were in your shoes too, it would be hard to keep up with everything.

Well...tomorrow I'm going to be a fly baby again...I got more stuff to go through and throw away too. I'm kind of spring cleaning I guess. I did my closet today and got rid of all my bigger clothes. There is no going back for me. I either keep losing weight or live with tight clothes.

~see you all in the morning
chris

melmcc99
03-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey all the newbies, I'm Melissa SAHM of 2 ...one almost 5 and one 2 1/2. Welcome! We start a new thread each day in case you check back here and we are not around....

Diane, Welcome back. Hope all is going well with the boys. Is that auditory thing like PDD which perceptual something or other. I know of a few boys that have that and it has to do with the processing of speech. ANyway, glad to see you posting again.

Starting a new thread!