30-Somethings - WEEK OF MAY 20th!!!

View Full Version : WEEK OF MAY 20th!!!

LBH
05-21-2001, 11:42 AM
Hi All,

Thought I'd start the new thread, since Mrs. Refman is still on her Honeymoon!! :D

Although I don't have much intelligent to say today! I'm tired...more like exhausted. The DC (Darn Cat) kept me up half the night! Why do they not understand that it's bedtime, not playtime?! UGH!!

I forgot to WI this AM...heck it was enough that I dragged myself up and showered and got to work!! Will have to remember for tomorrow.

Have a great day all!!

Punkinseed
05-21-2001, 12:40 PM
Happy Monday everyone!! Three day weekend on the way!!!!! :spin:

Nothin' much to report. Stayed the same this week (which is better than I had been doing the last few weeks).

Started working on the land on Saturday. I ATV'd around behind my stepfather on his tractor and cleared out where my house will go and my driveway. Now I need to start moving rocks. We literally grow rocks around here (they appear out of the ground where none were before) and the dust/sand is over 6 inches deep... ug - there's work to be done!!!

Have a great week everyone!! :D

Terri

Legal Eagle
05-21-2001, 03:20 PM
Hi all :cool:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I went to my parents' house Saturday. We threw a going away party for a couple that's moving to Las Vegas. It was fun, but I was wiped by the time we got back home yesterday, so basically got nothing accomplished around the house this weekend at all.

I've told DH I don't want to make any plans for this coming weekend. I will probably do some stuff around the house, and if a spur of the moment cook-out or something comes up fine, but my only PLAN for the weekend is to spend at least a couple of hours laying out in the sun on the deck and getting my legs something other than lily white! *L* Well, I do have to get some long walks in too, but that's a given these days I guess.

Lauren - hope the official weigh-in is as good as the "peek" last week!

Not much else to say at the moment. Have a great day all!

LE :spin:

Rabbit
05-21-2001, 08:09 PM
hi all. Had a nice weekend and thought I 'd take a few moments to catch up. I'm now at 315.5 miles - although our mile-watcher is still gone! Doing fine on points this week - hooray.

Elisa - hooray for the gym!

Legal - welcome back. great to hear from you.

Lauren - yes, they are expensive - but I love them! They're cheaper at Walmart than at my grocery store. Good luck at that weigh in!

BFB - good luck getting back on track. That is the never- ending struggle.

happy - congrats on your loss.

have to run - Rabbit

LBH
05-22-2001, 11:15 AM
Hi All,

OK, bad news, gained .5! :( That'll learn me to be sneaking a WI mid-week!!

Rabbit- You must have one of those Super Wal-Marts, or whatever they're called, with the food? I was in one of those in Florida and I wish they had one by us!! Maybe I will send them an email telling them so! :) Their prices are great.

LE- DH and I were gonna go away, but with gas prices the way they are, we decided to stick around home. The pool in our complex is opening this weekend, so hopefully if it gets nice we'll get to go hang out at the pool. Or we may take a ride to Pa. and shop or something, if it's nice out. That's less than an hour away.

Terri- At the rate you're going, you will have that house up by the end of summer!! WooHoo!!

Have a great day all!

Rabbit
05-22-2001, 01:41 PM
Hi all. Tuesday and still going strong. Sure hope I have a loss again on Thursday night!:)

LBH - yes we do have a super walmart. It's new here and it is great!

Rabbit

Punkinseed
05-22-2001, 07:19 PM
Hello all...

What a week it's been - and it's only Tuesday!!!

Pacific Power came out and said electricity to my land will cost $4500-5000. :eek: That's twice what I figured it would be! My stepfather said it's a very, very high estimate. Ooooh, let's hope so...

I'm off to buy some ceiling fans (with remotes!) for the house. The house people want almost $200 for a fan I can buy at Target for $50....

Eating has been so-so. I'm going to have to get out and "kill" some of my rocks to get rid of some of the stress!

LBH - Sorry 'bout the gain! I HATE it when it looks like a loss then your body tricks you! As for moving date - I'm planning on moving around the end of August... Not much later than that though (we start to get snow in October sometimes). So yea, this is all going to happen really fast... :spin:

Till later,

Terri

RoadRunner
05-23-2001, 09:44 AM
Hello from Belgium
The honeymoon has been fabulous:Croissants; Nutella; more croissantsetc;etc; They even put Tobblarone chocolate on your pillow at night:::
We have walked the streets of Paris; toured the castles of Germany, viewed the Alps of Switzerland; Austria; Belgium and tomorrow to England; Well marriage to Refman is the dream I thought and cant wait to continue it at home::Hello to all; I will catch up reading later
Mrs RoadRunner

LBH
05-23-2001, 11:51 AM
Hi All,

Mrs. RR- Nice to hear from you!! Glad you're having a great time, can't wait til you get back to hear all about it!!!

OK, I feel like I'm about to spiral out of control. I was horrible last night. I had to go to DMV after work and get my name and address changed and a new license. I was starving when I left here, so I stopped at BK...knowing darn well that it was a bad idea. Then today on my way to work, I was starving, so I dug into the chocolate covered cashews that I bought at Harmon yesterday...knowing it was bad. I haven't even calculated the points for that. I have to get my motivation/willpower back soon, like now!! Otherwise I'm gonna have another gain next Monday!! AAHHH

Rabbit- I sent Wal*Mart an email yesterday asking them where the closest super center was to me, and if they were considering either making the existing one a supercenter, or building another store that's a supercenter around me. They sent me an email back the same day saying that the closest one is in East Stroudsburg, PA, 25 miles away from me, and that they were forwarding my idea/request to the real estate dept. for review, and they would get back to me soon. I was pretty impressed with how quickly they got back to me.

Terri- Wow, that's a lot of money, hopefully that's a very high estimate. I don't blame you for going to Target for ceiling fans either!! $200. is crazy!!

OK, time to look busy! Have a great day all!

Rabbit
05-23-2001, 01:42 PM
hi all. Wednesday and still going well. I sure hope I get that loss tomorrow night!:^:

Sure not many posts so far this week! Great to hear from Mrs RR though.

Lauren - that is remarkable that you got such a fast response! And remember, you are stronger than the cashews. . .

Rabbit

BigFatBooty
05-23-2001, 02:17 PM
no I am not - I have been doing cr*p on WW at the moment - and I know I got several transatlantic butt kickings, but they ain't working. I am gonna go and weigh in tomorrow - missed my normal Tuesday meeting and no scales at home) so maybe seeing the big number will shake up my system.

Hope everyone is well and still trying to stay with it - it would be so easy to quit - I may be down, but I am not out :lol:

Jennelle
05-23-2001, 06:53 PM
Hi to everyone...

Can I join your little group? You all seem like a lot of fun! :) I post on a few other boards as well, but it looks like pretty much everyone here is following WW, which is what I've gone back to.

I'm a mother of an almost-14 year old boy and a 12 year old girl, still married to the guy I married when I was 19. I just graduated from college with a degree in English and will be teaching school in the Mississippi Delta next year.

I am also fat as a damn house, but I'm working on it. For a while, I was really into the "my size shouldn't matter" bit, but then my size began affecting my health and my enjoyment of daily life and I snapped back to reality. I joined WW last Friday at 218.5 lbs. I know they tell you that you shouldn't set a goal weight until you've lost that first 10%, but I already know my goal is 148 - the very top of the Lifetime Member eligibility range for women 5'6" tall.

Since I finished school and quit my last job, I'm at loose ends and rediscovering what I like to do with my free time! Lately, I've been digging out from under the disaster area that is my house, but I also enjoy cross-stitching (counted, not stamped), watching football (esp. SEC College football), and writing short stories. For exercise, I like to run (but I'm not very good at it :dizzy: ), walk, and mountain bike.

So now that I've told you my life story...

Jennelle ;)

Punkinseed
05-23-2001, 07:26 PM
Hello all!

Seems the "hellish" Monday and Tuesday were because the rest of the week is gonna be dead. Yeah!!!! I love holiday weeks, even though it's not good for business...

Jennelle - Welcome to the group!!! I'm a WW person too, slowly trying to get back into gear after a vacation free-for-all a few weeks ago. Ug.

I found out today that my friend's pregnant cat is probably going to give birth in the next day or so. I'm gonna be a multi-toed kitty Momma!!! :spin:

That's all for now - time to go home and rest up for the final Star Trek tonight (such an old fart when staying up 'till 10pm is tough).

Terri :D

Pryia
05-23-2001, 07:54 PM
Well sorry I have been MIA so far this week. I log on at work, but it keeps saying I don't exist. Believe me for as much of me that there is. I DO EXSIST!!

Jenelle-Congrads on your acomplishments. You should be so proud of yourself. I am a single mom of 1 boy who is 9.5 and I just graduated last year with a degree in Communications. So I understand the house thing. Mine was always a mess. Oh wait it is a mess right now too. OH WELL!!!

I went to weigh in on Tues and lost .2. At first I was upset until I looked at my book. I have lost 14lbs this month. So I guess my body needs a momment or two to catch up. I now go to meetings on Tues at lunch. Much easier and no kid to bring.

LBH-Keep working at it. It will happen. I struggled for so long and then boom things just fell in place for me. OH an the trash is moving out of the neighborhood. CAN WE ALL SAY HOT DA--!! I know I have a few times.

Well my sweet potatoes are done and I need to make the fish so we can eat dinner.

Have a great one all

Pyria

KarenK
05-23-2001, 08:42 PM
Hi all!! Sorry I haven't been around this week. It's been a very weird week. Our adminitrator at work passed away over the weekend and things at work have been very strange. Nobody liked him, but it was a shock. I also have a final exam tomorrow that I managed to convince myself was NEXT Thursday. I spent the whole weekend goofing off when I should have been studying. It's open book, so I'm not totally screwed, but I still need to do a little getting ready.

Terri: Thanks for the Star Trek reminder. I just told DH so that he won't forget to watch. I took full credit though!! :devil:

Lauren: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Drop the nuts and step slowly, no make that run quickly :), away from the bowl..............................

I just found out that my brother will be coming to see me in August and I'm so excited!! I can hardly wait. They've never been here because my brother hates to fly. DH is buying them tickets as a gift to me, so his wife was able to talk him into coming.

OK, gotta go study. Have a great evening all!!

:wave: :wave:

elisa822
05-24-2001, 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody here knows how important these postings are to people. For me, I'm fairly new and as I've said before I'm constantly struggling with my weight and it's comforting to find other people in the same position. What I find now is having a bad day doesn't mean I have to have a bad week or month. Every minute is a new chance to make the right choices. And not that I always do (because I don't) but it doesn't seem to send me over the edge like before.

Lately I've been really really good with the excercising but I've been so hungry and I've been eating more (and some chocolate) but I'm still trying.

Lauren - don't let the couple setbacks stop you, today is a new day. If you remember a last week I went nuts on the chocolate but I'm still trying!!!

Jennelle - Welcome - I'm also really new but like it here so much and I'm trying to count my points but I'm not currently a WW member. Good Luck with everything.

Pryia - 14lbs this month - WOW!!!!! That's so great - I'd be happy with that in the next 3 months. Congratulations.

Hope everyone has a great day,
Elisa

LBH
05-24-2001, 10:25 AM
Hi All,

I think I got the :devil: out of my system! Yesterday was a total wash. OF course I stepped on the Scalemonster this AM and got a shock...what the heck did I expect?? (Crackhead!) Today is a new day, I'm getting back on track!! I am having my oatmeal, and I brought tunafish for lunch. Don't know about dinner yet. Will see what DH's plans are.

Elisa - Oh trust me, I think pretty much everyone here realizes what a support this board is!! I know I do!!

Karen -Good luck on the test!! I'm sure you'll do OK, especially since it's open book!! Oh, and don't worry, the nuts are no longer an issue...I ate them all! :( That's great that your brother will be coming to visit!! Has he ever been up north?! Hope he doesn't go into culture shock!

Pryia- Congrats!! 14 lbs. this month?! Dam girl, what are you doing?! That's great, keep it up!! Glad to hear the trash is gone!! :D

Jennelle- Welcome!! Glad to have you here. Congrats on getting your degree.

Have a great day all!!

Jennelle
05-24-2001, 12:02 PM
Hello All :wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome! And Pryia, you're my hero! 14 pounds in a month is certainly nothing to sneeze at!

Punkinseed
05-24-2001, 12:32 PM
Hello everyone!!

I just got word that my kitten was born this morning!!!!

Yesterday while I was talking to my friend, Demeter, the momma cat was "telling" her it was time soon, and sure enough - this morning she had 5 little furry multi-toed babies. My friend couldn't count toes yet with them being newborn, but she said they do have huge paws... :spin:
There's 3 redheads, 1 orange/gray/white and 1 white/gray. I'll go see them in a week or so.

Terri :dizzy:

LBH
05-24-2001, 12:42 PM
Hey Terri- Congrats Momma!! :D Which one are you taking? Do they have long hair?! :D I love kittens, I wish I could get another one!! :D

Rabbit
05-24-2001, 01:09 PM
Well, this board has really picked up since I was on here yesterday!:)

Weigh in is tonight, I deserve a loss, hope i get it.

BFB - Good for you for going to weigh in.:)

Jennelle - welcome.:D Good luck at ww. I do that also. I also cross-stitch. Sounds like you have some great exercise you like to do. And I'll bet the 14 and 12 year old keep you hopping! I have a (gasp) 20 year old and 2 steps (19 and 21). My ds just turned 20 this month and it is still quite shocking for me. I love the quote at the end of your post!!

Pryia - hooray for your loss. 14 pounds is incredible.:)

Karen - sorry about your administrator. Good luck on your exam. Study hard!

elisa - congrats on doing good with the exercise. I always feel that is so important.

Punkin - congrats on the new kitten!!

wish me luck at weigh in - Rabbit

Legal Eagle
05-24-2001, 01:12 PM
Hi all :cool:

Busy week this week. I'm chairing a committee for our 4X4 club to rewrite our by-laws, so had a meeting for that Tuesday night. Our end tables and bookcases were finally delivered yesterday morning and of course they said they'd be there between 7am & 12, so it was naturally 10:45 before they got there & 11:45 before they left since they had to put some stuff together, so I didn't even get to work until 12:30 yesterday. Did get a lot of laundry done yesterday morning waiting for them to get there though! *L*

My eating has been much more in control this week, although still not perfect, I can live with it. Since I've gotten back into regular walking I'm hungrier, but I think it's evening out, my scale seems to indicate I'm getting rid of the couple of pounds I had gained.

For those of you who don't know...I'm doing a 3-day 60 mile walk for Breast Cancer in October. Training for the event is starting to take more of my time. Right now I'm doing 4-5 miles 2 or 3 times a week in the evenings and working on building up my mileage in back to back days on weekends. This weekend my goal is to do 8 miles both Saturday & Sunday. I've worked up a training schedule that should get me up to 20 miles 2 days in a row at least once or twice before the actual event where I have to walk 20 miles 3 days in a row. Just got to get my body used to doing the longer distances more than one day!

Shameless request for $$$.....I do have to raise at least $1900 for this event. If anyone would like to make a donation you can download a pledge form from the website at www.breastcancer3day.org Just be sure you get the one for Atlanta and that you include my name & walker number (Susan Sitze #1530) on the top of the form. Or, if you would prefer I can e-mail you a form you can print out, just send me a PM with your e-mail address. Every $1 counts!..... End shameless request for $$$

Lauren - I don't know if I would have had any willpower around chocolate covered cashews either! I know what you mean about gas prices. I think ours are a little bit less than yours, but DH & I each put about 100 miles on our car every day just driving to & from work....I've put 13,000 miles on my Expedition since the end of January! I have to fill my 26 gallon tank about every 4 days.

Terri - boy that house is happening fast! I know you can't wait! Congrats on being a new mommy! :D

Vicki - I'm glad you're having a wonderful time! I think I gained about 25# the summer I spent in Austria...I LOVE Wienerschnitzel!

Jennelle - WELCOME to the group!

Pyria - o.k...I finally figured out who you are! :spin: Congrats on the 14#!!! :)

Karen - Good luck with your test! How sweet of DH to pay for your brother to visit! Where does your brother live?

Elisa - when you exercise more, your body NEEDS more fuel, just try to make sure it's HEALTHY fuel! ;)

Well, guess that's all for now. I won't be at work tomorrow or Monday, so won't check in again probably until Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

LE

Pryia
05-25-2001, 12:08 AM
Okay now that is out of my system. I am so happy we won tonight. And they are coming back to Milwaukee to kick butt. Iverson is going down. Although my son loves him, he will get over it.

All in all doing well here. Staying in my point range, journaling and not much excerise. It would be a big help if it would QUIT raining. It is suppose to rain until Sunday. But I have closets that need a good cleaning.

Work is going good. Busy as usual but hey with all the layoffs all over the place, I am not complaining one bit.

Looking forward to the long weekend. And hoping for some sun. Would like to tan up my legs a bit.

Have a good night!!!!

YEAH BUCKS and the BREWERS are 1 game out of first place. We are ROCKIN here.

LBH
05-25-2001, 09:51 AM
Hi All,

Happy Friday!! :D I'm just in a good mood this AM...it's amazing what a light commute and good Friday AM music will do for you!! :D :D

Pryia- My, my...exposing a little too much?! If anybody didn't know who you are, I'm sure they've figured it out now!! Careful of those sharks!! We've got rain forcasted all weekend too! They said this AM that we will not see the sun until Tuesday. :( It was out yesterday for like, the first day in a week...I'm having withdrawals I think.

Rabbit- Hope WI went good and you got the loss you deserve!!

LE- Oh sure, you get a bigass truck and all of a sudden you're head of the 4-wheel club?! LOLOL!! Wow, I thought my commute was bad!! I used to do 60 miles a day, now I do 50, I think DH does about 50 also. Have you seen that site: www.gaspricewatch.com? I went on yesterday, heard about it last week on the radio. You can check the prices of gas at stations in your area! I get about 230 miles per tank...think I have a 14 gallon tank.

I did pretty good yesterday, think I may have been over a couple pts., have to go log now and see how I did.

Have a great day all!

Punkinseed
05-25-2001, 11:38 AM
Happy Friday!!!! :wave:

I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet Friday. I've got my Harry Potter - I'm just going to read... (work? what work?). Hope you all have an awesome holiday weekend!!

Home news - Having my septic test holes dug on Tuesday. Then the county inspector needs to come out to do the test. I've already saved $150 though! Another guy wanted to charge me to backhoe 3, 3 ft deep holes, this other guy is going to do it for free just for the chance to offer his bid. Cool! I'm going to take some digital pics in the next week or so of the model home.

Kitty news - To answer your question LBH, I think they're long'ish haired. But it's sleek, long hair, not fluffy long hair like my Maine Coon is (which is good because I don't need another long haired 17 pound cat). :) The 3 redheads are definately male and we found out that ALL the kittens are polydactyls. Yea!!!!

Ta for now!

Terri

Rabbit
05-25-2001, 12:40 PM
Hi all. Memorial day weekend and it is oh so cold here!:( Oh well. We plan on barbecuing anyway.

Legal - congrats on getting rid of the gain. WOW on the training schedule!! And on the mileage.

Pryia - hope you get some sun this weekend. We have not had much either - or if we do it just lasts a little while then it rains. Then sun. Then rain. I don't know how many times a day I open and close windows!

Lauren - no I did not get the loss I deserved! I gained 1.5 and I really don't know why. I guess I just chalk it up to bad luck and hope the scales catch up with me next week. I was seriously bummed but now I am moving on.

Have a great weekend all. Will try to check in at some point and atleast update my mileage.

Rabbit

Jennelle
05-25-2001, 04:17 PM
Weighed in this morning and lost 6.5 lbs!!! Hooray for me!! :spin::spin:

I saw that you guys have your goals broken down into "goal by" dates. I think I will set a birthday goal :) My birthday is June 14th (I will be 34, if anyone's curious). That's three weeks away. I figure five pounds in three weeks is reasonable. So, my birthday goal is 207 lbs.

Jennelle :D
218.5/212/207(bday)/148

Sonya
05-25-2001, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone. I'm back from a really fun road trip with my girlfriends. I've read through the posts but am too overwhelmed to respond to all of them. Welcome, Jennelle! I'm so excited to see a fellow English major. I just graduated from college (I'm 35) and will be going to grad school for digital media in the fall. I started out just where you did, at 218. :) Now I'm hovering around 165 and am ready to get rid of the last 15-20 pounds of fat. I know you can do it, and I plan to, too.

Rabbit, just stick with your plan; that 1.5 will be gone next week. I think we need to remind ourselves to keep thinking long-term, not immediate gratification. You've come so far! I want to feel good again.

elisa822
05-25-2001, 04:50 PM
Well I've been so good this week with the exercising and not bad with the eating so I think I've lost 2 lbs but I'm not sure since my scale sucks (which I'm still planning on getting a new one this weekend).

Pryia - you know your "Bucks" should have been playing the Raptors but that's another story.

Jennelle - 6.5 lbs is so great - keep it up!

And to all of you out there complaining about gas prices - you should see them here (Toronto)!!

Anyway, I don't have a holiday weekend this weekend but I hope you all have a great extra long weekend,

Elisa

BigFatBooty
05-25-2001, 05:20 PM
hope everyone is doing well and especially hi and welcome to Jennelle. Congrats on your loss and can you rub some of your will power off on me :D

happyface
05-25-2001, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone,
I cannot believe how the time zooms by. I have been pretty busy (but I always say that). WElcome to the new people! Glad to have you join us on this journey.

I am posting for motivation... and to keep my focus.. I've had 4 great OP days. I am very happy about that and I am feeling really good. But anyone who feels they are having a bad day, week, month... maybe this will help.. I have had a struggle with my weight for years. I've been on many programs.. many! :) I have gained and regained many pounds. I know most of you can relate to all of that. In September I joined WW (again). I have gone to almost all my meetings since then. I weigh in. I stay for the meeting. .. I promised myself that I would stay until I got the job done.. Well I guess I have been on a leave of absence on the "job" because it is 8 months later and as of my last weigh in, I am actually 1 pound ABOVE starting weight. I got as close as 9 pounds lost but have gained, and lost since then. I've never gotten a ribbon (even previous times) and sometimes I feel stupid to keep going and weighing in and essentially not lose anything for all these months. But I know that even if I have not lost weight, these meetings have been good for me. They make it so that good health and weight loss cannot get too far away from my mind. I keep trying again.. (half heartedly for the most part) but I promised myself I would do this until it worked. I've seen people join and leave in the past 8 months. I've seen people reach goal and become lifetime. I've seen people come in and get a ribbon in 2 or 3 weeks. I wonder what people think.. but I made a promise to myself. When I last weighed in and found myself ABOVE starting... that did it. I just had enough. So I started over again. I will keep starting over. It is not easy. 4 days isn't that long but it is back on the path in the direction I need. My meetings are on Mondays so I won't know the result of my efforts till the week after Memorial Day. If you are having a bad day, start over. If you are having a bad week or month, you can start over too. If I can, anyone can. :) I wrote this mostly for me but if it helps you, great. Good luck!

I will catch up on a more individual level as soon as I can.

Have a great holiday weekend!! :)

Pryia
05-25-2001, 11:38 PM
I totally agree WE SHOULD have be playing the Raptors. And if Carter would have made that shot.....I was hoping for Toronto but oh well. But hey Carter is the [b]MAN[/man] For playing pro-ball and finishing college. I am so proud of him for going to his graduation. Even though he got a lot of flack from people.

Today was a great day. We got to leave work at 3pm. And I got 2 rooms cleaned. Going to go all out this weekend.

Going to my friend's for the game tomorrow and Monday. And then back to work on Tues. But a short week. I am off on FRIDAY!!! And then I am hoping maybe Sat. is moving day for someone.

Happy-I am so glad to see you. I am glad to see you have not given up. I am telling you it will just happen. I had a major success this month. Today I said I was going to squeeze my butt in a pair of pants, I did not care I was tired and did not want to iron. Well they fit with no squeezing. I was really happy. In fact I have not changed yet. Which is something I do right when I walk in the door.

I think I was pretty close in points. IF anyone here drinks beer how do you count it. I drink ICE HOUSE and nothing else.

Have a great weekend.

Pyria

Jennelle
05-26-2001, 01:50 PM
Pryia...According to my book, 12 oz. of regular beer is 3 points. The same amount of lite beer is 2 points.

Sonya...Yay! Another English major! I got so much crap when I changed my major back to English. People would ask me what my major was, then look puzzled, then invariably ask, "So, um, what do you plan to do with it?" ARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm sure you can sympathize! :) Good luck in grad school! I will be teaching through the Teach for America program for the next two years. If I go back to get my master's degree, it will probably be in English. I wouldn't mind teaching at the junior college level.

Happyface...It's nice to meet you. :) I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have also recently rejoined WW - for the last time. For a long time, I was on a "my size shouldn't matter" kick, which was fine until I gained 40 pounds in six months and my size began to affect my health and my day-to-day activities. You should be proud of yourself for sticking with it so long. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it. Also, can I suggest that you might want to make an appointment with your doctor for a complete checkup? It sounds like you've been trying so hard, but your body's not cooperating. There might be a medical reason for that.

I'm going to plant some sunflowers along the side of the house today. I've always wanted to grow them :)

Jennelle
218/212/207(bday)/148

Sonya
05-26-2001, 04:30 PM
Dani, I'm SO happy to see you back. I am OP today for the first time in so long. I've eaten 10.5 points and still have 10-13 to use for dinner. It's so weird, being hungry again because lately, I've eaten whatever I've wanted. Well, my pants are too tight and I just don't feel good. I'm even scared to get back on the scale, so I'm not. Maybe in a couple of weeks. So I'm with you on the rededication and the starting all over again.

Jennelle, I know just what you mean about people thinking English is a waste of time. The way I see it, a liberal education should be about more than what kind of job you can get. I've read so many wonderful books over the last three years; I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I know I can use my critical thinking and writing skills to learn the multimedia stuff. I'm a little scared because I don't know anything about graphics or web creation, but by the time the program is over, I should have a lot of skills. Good luck with the sunflowers. I planted a bunch of pansies and petunias today, and I'm going to plant dahlias and gladiola bulbs later on this afternoon.

Well, I'm signing off now. But I'll be back.

Sonya
218/? 165 last time I peeked/150

happyface
05-26-2001, 05:12 PM
:) Hi everyone,

Hi Jennelle! Glad to meet you too. Congratulations on the 6.5 pounds!! That is wondeful. I am also turning 34 this summer in July. I'm also a teacher. (elementary). I have a 5 year old incredible son. And I am married to my teenage sweetheart. We've been together 17 years (married almost 10). Sounds like we have a few things in common. Thanks for the confidence booster. I am in good health. I have been attending the meetings all these months but not following the program. It's pretty much as simple as that. I did that once before too. I went for like 5 months and eagerly went to the meetings but gained and lost the same few pounds because I went home and ate the way I always ate. :) I figure most people who do that, end up leaving WW altogether. So the fact that I'm going is good for me.

Welcome Elisa! :) The posts help me a lot too. I started reading and posting here about 2 and 1/2 years ago, I think.. I lost track. But reading really helps keep me focused and also helps me to see that I'm not alone in this struggle. I do much better when I read and post.

Sonya, sounds like a wonderful thing to do with your girlfriends! :) Good for you! You should also remember that you have lost a lot of weight and you will reach your goal. You have already accomplished a lot. Any weight you may have gained or exercise you may not have done has not undone all that you have already achieved. I am right there with you on the clothes thing. My clothes are feeling tight and uncomfortable and that also helped me realize I have to do something now.

Rabbit, sounds like we are having the same type of Memorial Day weekend. It is cool and rainy here. It was dry .. no rain for almost a month... then we got the rain we needed and it won't stop! :) Too much of a good thing. Sorry about the gain. I am sure it will be taken care of by the next weigh in. Especially because you didn't deserve it. By the way, Skinny Cows have saved me!! I can do this because of skinny cows. I love love love them! Ice cream is my favorite food and these taste so good. I don't like the strawberry but I love the vanilla, LOVE the mint, and I just also discovered coffee which is very yummy!!

Le, welcome back. You sound busy! It also sounds like you are maintaining your healthy lifestyle very well. :)

Punkin, congratulations on your kitty. I love cats but don't have one because dh is allergic.

Hi Karen, sorry to hear about your administrator! What a shock that must have been. But very happy your brother is coming! That will be so nice! I am fortunate to have all of my immediate family within 30 minutes but my parents are moving out of state this summer and my sister and her family may also be moving out of state. It will be very weird for us.

Pryia, I LOVE what you said about your body needing time to catch up! That was great! It makes a lot of sense! :) (as LauraF used to say.. 14 pounds is 56 sticks of butter!!)

BFB, good luck getting back on track. I have to say, seeing the scale last Monday is exactly what kicked me in the rear. I saw that I was a pound over starting and that was it! I hope it works that way for you (well except the over starting part) :)

LBH, chocolate covered cashews.... whoa.. does that sound good. I would be defenseless! definitely!! I am not in a new house yet. We haven't found one yet. We are temporarily renting a townhouse in the town where we want to find a house. That takes the pressure off, since I was able to register little guy for Kindergarten. Since most of our things are in storage, we unpacked our boxes pretty quickly. We brought only the bare minimum. (I packed too much in storage.. I have 2 plates! whoops!) My dad was just in Parsipanny on Thursday to see a cousin he hasn't seen in almost 40 years! The cousin lives in Alaska but was here for something.

RR, sounds like a WONDERFUL honeymoon!! :) Savor every moment!!

This post is very long... I guess I am back to my old ways!! (weighs lol silly me) Have a wonderful weekend all and I'll check in with you again soon!

dani

Pryia
05-26-2001, 09:41 PM
Okay so we ALL KNOW WHAT BASKETBALL TEAM ROCKS !!!

We did it again. And Monday we are DOING IT AGAIN!!

One to other subjects:

HF-56 sticks of Butter huh? Well that can stop a girl in her tracks. I should go and get a cart full of butter and just look at it for awhile. Actually I have done good this week. I am slacking in excerise. But like I have said if the WEATHER was on my side here. I have already decided to join the gym this fall, cause we are not backsliding this time.

The clean bug hit me. I am in the mists of doing a clean sweep. Actually I am pretty far, I am to my bedroom. Thought I might get lost in there. I had 2 baskets full of papers and guess what I found. A BAG OF PEANUT M&M FROM EASTER . No they were not open and the little one could not wait to get his paws on them. But I feel no need to touch them. I am not in a candy mood. Heck I ignore the big butt bowl on my desk everyday. Even when some takes a piece out and leaves it on the edge of my desk for me to eat. It sits there for days.

Glad to see some of us "oldies" coming back. I feel like we are just one big family. And it is so comfortable being here with you girls.

Skipping weigh in this week. I have a "date" with a friend. So we are going to lunch. I can just stop at the center by my house Tues or Wed night if I really want to weigh in. OR I can wait till next week. Next time I have to tell him our "date" has to be on a differnt day.

Hope everyone has a safe weekend. Memorial Day is nothing big to me. I have my flag out to THANK ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO LIVE IN FREEDOM!!

Now 4th of July that is my Holiday.

Have a great one.

Pyria

elisa822
05-26-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Okay, first of all I finally got my new scale so I'm back on track. I've already set my 4th of July Goals (see that thread) and even though I know I'll weigh myself everyday (it's a problem I've never been able to break) I'll make Mondays my official WI day and I'll let you know next week. This weekend hasn't been great so far but I feel so much more in control now with my exercising and I know that everyday is a new day so tomorrow will be better. No big deal.

Happyface - Good for you for still going to the meetings. I know what you mean about wondering what some people think. When I was going I would wonder that too. And I would wonder what the leaders thought when they looked at my card week after week. But I guess they've seen it all and clearly you're not alone. Right now I'm tracking my own WW points and seeing how that goes.

I'm thinking about joining my gym (I have to sign up for a year) and I'm worried about the cost, so that's where my money is going. Even though it's so expensive, most of me knows it's worth it. Not only do I get some great exercise there, I just really love it. I love the classes and the people and I feel so good about myself that it's almost like buying some self esteem, weird but true. It's just a lot of money so I'm worried.

Pryia - thanks for the Raptors compliments, it would have been fun. But hopefully you can look forward to playing the Lakers and that will be quite a challenge. And I can't believe you can have chocolate sitting there and not eat it. That is my absolute weakness so I just don't keep it around. And the cleaning bug has hit me too in the last couple of weeks, my husband thinks I'm nuts!!

I'm still jealous about your Skinny Cows!!! Everyone raves about them. Anyone know how I can contact them just to see if they're sold anywhere here?

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Elisa

Pryia
05-27-2001, 12:24 AM
Elisa- check out www.skinnycow.com I looked and did not see Canada. But I would write them and see. I only have had the vanilla.

chocolate: Okay sit down and hold on while I tell you this. I am NOT a big fan. If they stopped making it tomorrow. I would not go out and hoard it. I do not like chocolate ice cream, fudge, or hot fudge. I am okay with candybar choclate and I like chocolate milk. But I could take it or leave it. I know, I know....I am werid. I hear that all the time.

Hey they just had on the news. A place here where you can order a 4pound burger. And if you can eat it all in 1 hour it is free. NOW THAT IS GROSS! There is no way I could eat all that meat. YUCK!!!!

I will be continuing on with my room tomorrow. I want everything done tomorrow. I only have my room and laundry. I know I should clean the kid's room, but I DON'T WANT TO!!!!

Have a good night all!!