Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of March 13th

Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Mine's not going too bad. Took the boys with me to the mall yesterday for my first solo outing with them. Didn't go bad at all. Robby slept most of the time and Peter was great, held onto either my hand or the stroller the whole time! Peter got his haircut, then got to ride a couple little rides, and got a balloon. Then we had to make a mad dash into Sears to find the nearest fitting room to feed Robby before he totally melted down! All in all I call the day a success!

Off to try and plan my menu for the week!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello,
My weekend so far has been great! I was finally able to get out of the house yesterday, and therefore spent most of the day out. Today I completed most of my homework that is due this coming Saturday so I am stoked! The only thing I have to do to finish it up is to type it. This will not be hard. I plan on doing that as soon as I am done with this.

I also made a date with my mom to go to the gym on Monday morning. There is a water class called "Twinges and Hinges" that I plan on attending. It is mainly for those people with arthritis, however I think it would do me good just to attend. I haven't been in the gym for 3 or 4 months, for various reasons, so I am just excited to be going.

Lauren, I am glad that you were able to get out and the boys were well behaved.

Hope everyone else is havin' a good weekend too.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:33 AM   #3  

Good morning Lauren & Lisa. I think I turned a corner - no one's noticed my weight loss yet (about 15#) but I feel like I've gone from being obese to being fat - which is ok. I wore a shirt yesterday that I hadn't put on since before my daughter was born 3 years ago. That felt great! I also achieved a personal goal yesterday - there is a pump house a little over a mile from my house on the path I snowshoe. Each time out, I'd get close but never within sight. Yesterday, I made it round the pump house and back, in 40 minutes! I was huffing & puffing, but felt fantastic. If work lets up a bit later today I'm going to try for it again.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

Moma, AWESOME on the walk and on the shirt!

Lisa, Sounds like a class my mom could use. Have fun! Good for you getting out a little bit, and getting the work done.

I have been horrible. My mom keeps making these stupid cookies and I keep eating them...to keep her from eating them! I have to tell her to just stop buying and making them. Neither of us has any willpower, and we're both a little low on motivation right now, so it's bad.

Baby's calling...have a great rest of the day all!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #5  
No description available.

Hi guys!
That is great on the snowshoeing, Momadance. It seems like it would be very fun and not as scary as skiing.

Lisa, congrats on getting so much work done. I bet it feels awesome!

Lauren, glad to hear that the boys are doing so well. When do you have to go back to work?

Cookies are my weakness too. Boxes of Girl Scout cookies keep appearing at my house courtesy of my m-i-l...I am packing LOTS in kids' lunches. I figure they can share, or toss them, or whatever, but then they are out of the house.

We bought an elliptical last week. I really like it! You can program difficulty, length, distance, calorie goals, etc. Hopefully this will bust my plateau, although I guess if it is a plateau since October, it is more like maintenance!

Jen
Old 03-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #6  

Hello all,
I went to the gym today for that exersize class. . . even the muscles in my bottom hurt. It is really good exersize. Tommorrow I am going back, but just to walk on the tredmill or do the exersize bike. I would do circut training, however my muscles are screaming now. LOL :0

Moma, congrats on the weight loss, It does feel good doesn't it? I am looking forward to that again.

Lauren, I understand about the cookies. we had 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the house, thankfully they are all gone.

Well I think it is time for dinner.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Lauren that is great you got to get out. We got snow here so no going out for us. I did rather well this weekend. I wanted to get some exercise in but that did not happen well not yet anyway. I too understand about cookies. I have some girl scout cookies coming my way thank the Lord I only ordered 2 boxes this year. Last year I ordered 6 I think. So both of my boys have a box each!

Moma congrats on the weight loss keep it up!!! I am sure someone will be noticing real soon!

Lisa sounds like your are kicking butt on exercising keep it up!

Jen what exactly is an elliptical? I am wanting to get a tread mill but man are those things expensive!

Well my weigh in is Friday wish me well.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

The night away from DS went so smoothly I may do it again sometime! It was nice not to have to worry about anyone but me. It was fun hanging out with the girls. The luncheon was pretty cool too.

Moma: Cool on the snowshoeing and the shirt. The snowshoeing sounds like fun. DH took a class one time and had a real good time with it. Awesome on the smaller shirt!

Midwife: I love the elliptical machine. It's one of the workouts that I don't mind doing. Unfortunately, we have a treadmill. A huge treadmill that takes up a lot of room. I don't have space for an elliptical. I'd love to have one.

Lisa: Yeah on the workout and on planning another one tomorrow!

tkay: Good luck to you on your weigh-in! An elliptical is like a cross between a treadmill and a stairmaster. It's much easier on your knees. Some gyms call them a Precor.

Hope everyone has had a super Monday!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #9  

Well today I did not fair as well. I did walk around Meijer's (which is like a Super Wal-Mart or Super K), but did not make it to the gym. Also there is a wonderful italian resturant that has been closed for about 6 months that just reopened yesterday, so I took my parent out to dinner. I had ham and chedder stromboli (not all). It was sooo good, but soooo bad for my diet. Oh well. I will be back to the gym tommorrow.

Anyways, hope everyone's day is going or went well.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

I just realized I didn't post Robby's 2 month stats! (OK, not that everyone is interested, but I'm proud!) He went last Friday for his appt. He was 14 lbs., 7 oz. and 24" long! I think the measurement might have been about 1/4-1/2" off though, on the long side, because of the way she measured his squirmy self. So he's grown 2 lbs and just under 2" in a month! He's in the 90th & 95th percentiles, but I don't remember which is which...does it really matter at that size?! There's miracle grow in that boobie juice! We talked about his gas & spitting up and she agreed it sounds like Reflux, so she gave me a one month Rx for Zantac. We started it that night, so it's been 4 days of 1ml 2x a day and I think it's helping! He's also sleeping in his crib now, because he's outgrowing the bassinet! That might be helping a little too. He's finally starting to space out his feedings a little more too, so he can go 3 hrs. between. Now if I could just get him to keep the sucky in his mouth, we'd be set!

Lisa, that was nice of you to take you parents out to eat...bad food choice though! Oh well, get back on the wagon!

Karen, Glad you had a good time and everything went smoothly! How does DH feel about you doing it again?!

Tina, Thank God there's no Girl Scouts around here! Samoas are my downfall! Hope things go well at your weigh in Friday!

Jen, I go back to work on Monday. Not looking forward to it, I really wish I would just get laid off! Would make my life easier, then I could stay home on unemployment for a few months and then get a job! I got lucky that way after I had Peter. I was back at work for about 2 months, then got laid off and spent 5 months home with Peter. It was really a blessing! I was really ready to get back to work though. And I would have to take Peter out of daycare if I got laid off this time, so I would need to be A LOT more organized to stay home with 2 kids!
Enjoy the elliptical! I used one at the gym I used to have a membership at a few years back and thought it was great! Didn't bother my knee at much at the bike. It seemed to me to be kind of a cross between treadmill and bike...maybe just my warped thinking!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #11  

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in to say hello.

Today I was very good to myself. I had won the service of a massage, so I took advantage of it today. I didn't even want to move afterwards. It was kinda ackwards at first. But for a full hour I was pampered. I would highly recomend it to anyone.

Well thats my exciting news for today. Hope everyone is well.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #12  

Lisa - I love massages - don't forget to drink lots of water today, massages release lots of trapped toxins and the best way to get the full benefits of massage is to flush those guys right out.

LBH good luck going back to work this week. Will you be pumping? I was very lucky in that I got to take Alex to work for the first few months (I was only working 2 days a week then).

I've been a bit awol this week - I've run out of work to do and have been checking in at my office for only a few hours a day. We are on a quarterly production cycle, so it is nice to have a few easy weeks right before the quarter ends and we go back into overdrive.

I took advantage of the time to take a spinning lesson, and spun up two skeins of yarn - something I've been trying to do for over a year on my own. The lesson was the key to my sucess. I've also got in what may be my last snowshoeing of the season - I'll be so sad when the snow melts and the path becomes mud for the next two months.

My surprise news of the week is that I am down 5#, 20# since I started in mid January (with a 5% reduction in bodyfat!). I'm beyond thrilled.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #13  

Moma, congratulations on the weight and the bodyfat loss! That is terriffic. (sp?) Anyways congrats!

I am still relaxed from the massage. I have gotten so much homework done, it is unbelievable. I can get them for half price because of where I work, so I think this might be a reward thing for me. ($32.15/hour)

Well its either back to homework or doing dishes for my mom.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Moma, that's awesome, congrats! Yup, I'll be pumping, and not looking forward to it. I have a bunch in the freezer already, from the first month, because we had thrush and it was soo painful, I couldn't BF him. I haven't pumped in about a month though, so it's gonna suck to have to. I work in a corporate atmosphere though, so no chance of bringing him to work, although daycare is only a few miles away, so I'm hoping his schedule works with mine and I can nurse him at lunch, so I only have to pump 2x a day.

Lisa, awesome on the massage! I've never had one, usually when people give them to me, it's too painful, so the thought of a professional one scares me...although a lot of people have told me they're good and if done right don't hurt.

We were at the firehouse a good part of the afternoon today, for the annual Easter Party. The neighborhood kids come and dye eggs and color pics and eat. And one of the guys dresses up in the Easter Bunny outfit.

Gotta go do some laundry and stuff...hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

Bad news for me this week. Asthma has come back. And it totally sucks! I only had two attacks in the past and they were both over in about 2 hours with no residual effects. I was taking allergy shots at the time and I stopped them and didn't have any more asthma problems. I went to a pulmonologist and checked out OK. Thursday after the St. Paddy's party (which was a total blast!) I had another one. It was the worst one ever. I was still wheezing the next morning. I'm still having a problem with coughing. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I went to the regular doc and he gave me an inhaler and told me to use my allergy meds religiously for two weeks. Then we will see what happens.

I'm going to try the "change one" diet plan. It's a plan put together by Readers Digest. They have a website where they plan meals for you. They give you a free week. I really hate the meal planning part, so I'm going to see if this works out. They also have an activity plan. The first week is to try to walk 10 min 4 days/week. I'm going to do my best. I think it will nice enought to walk outside. I'll have Alex with me, but since I don't know what's going to happen with the breathing his pace may be fast enough for me!

Lisa: Cool on the massage! My friend gave me GC for one a couple of years ago. It was great except the masseus (sp?) was a guy and he did my big old fat belly. I was totally skeeved out by that. I'd had them before and no one had ever done that! Good job getting your homework done.

Moma: Yeah! You are doing totally awesome. I had to read your post a couple of times about the spinning. I thought you were taking an EXERCISE class of spinning. I'm an occupational therapist and part of our schooling is crafts. We had a whole semester of fiber based crafts. The assistant dean brought in her spinning wheel and let us all try it. I totally sucked at it!

Lauren: Good luck with the pumping. Did you get the PIS? If not, you are welcome to borrow mine. Doesn't look like I'm ever going to need it again.

Have a great Sunday!
Closed Thread