Support Groups - Sanctuary - #14 Everyone Welcome

View Full Version : Sanctuary - #14 Everyone Welcome

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 08:02 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Welcome/welcome20sparkles20with20violets.gif

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Tricia I was a little upset that you deleted your post. I totally understand why, but since I believe that it is healthy and important to have someone to talk to about our emotional eating issues it also made me worry.

I have always been very private - don't use my "real" name etc. I don't know if it's age or fear of dying without ever really living but I have gotten to where I don't care so much anymore WHO knows what I write. If someone here was someone from my family or an acquaintance they could figure who I am from what I have said.

Anyway, I respect what you felt you had to do but it makes me sad we have to guard ourselves so much.

Gloria quote:
This man was my father and yet he made me feel stupid and worthless.
I have learned that parents (some anyway) have no clue how important they are to their children and what effect they have on their children.

My parents were pretty ok, not great but not bad. Now when I look back at my life and see who, what, why and how I did and do things - I see one of my parents in everything.

Now, when you have parents that are abusive - well, the impact has to be beyond comprehension for me. I know it doesn't take away the pain your father caused you but I can tell from your posts that you are not stupid and definitely not worthless to me!!!:grouphug:

Welcome, michireiko!!!
What really matters is what I think of myself, so I'm going to work really hard for me. You have the right attitude. You have to take care of you! I too want to lose this weight so I can have a more active life. It's time for the couch and I to end our relationship! :o

Please come and share your journey with us.

Welcome to you too, redballoon. I have to tell you I love Oriental things and my entire porch is covered with items I have collected or been given. I have two close friends, one Chinese and one Janpanese that help me "collect". My Oriental diet dream is to be able to wear one of those red shimmery satin looking dresses. If I could ever get in one of those I would definetly feel sassy. (Especially since I am naturally a big Norwegian Viking woman) :lol:

Tricia: You are so right, as much as I hate it our old demons do hang around, and around and around. That is why I love it here. I feel I can post my "demons" and get an honest and objective response.

I have heard that Cindy Crawford quote before and everytime I look at a magazine and think "I want to look like that" I remember her statement.

Degrading other people is just a means to an end - it's the easiest way to make yourself seem better by comparison. AMEN!!!

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Tricia, those smells sound good. I, too, worry about my smelly house bacially because it is so closed up during the winter and I have a cat.

I have those days when I don't have it in me to do one exercise movement. It's usually about Thursday - I think the week seems to just catch up with me by then and I need a "vacation". But ONE day doesn't now a failure make!!!! :D

Andria: The sun certainly can do amazing things to your outlook. Even when it's 40 below zero here if the sun is out everyone is much happier!! :)

Tricia, I am glad you came here instead of nitpicking through your kitchen. You can ramble incoherently anytime!!!! ;)

Cheryll, Congrats on the 4lbs. gone!!!! It sounds like you have a challenging weekend - remember we are here for you!!! You can do it!!!!

Tricia, I have small, skinny friends that eat like the people you described. I have watched them eat tons of times - eating more than me, I feel stuffed and they continue on. I figure it comes under "not all things in life are fair".

Phone...back later

katrinabgood
03-12-2005, 11:26 AM
We're having a small crisis around here...last night dh decided to just get our passports so he'd know where they were in two weeks, when we leave. They are literally NO WHERE to be found. Now, we just used them in December, how far can they have gone? Did I tuck them away for safe keeping somewhere REALLY safe? :shrug: I don't remember doing anything with them...I'm pretty sure he had them. Pretty sure.

We have searched every piece of luggage, every drawer, shelf, closet, nook and cranny. I even checked online about passport replacement...whoa!! BIG BUCKS!!!

So, I have to get back to looking. On a brighter note: I'm getting so much de-cluttering done as I search! Sadly, so much more NEEDS to be done...

A few quick replies before dh discovers I'm not looking while he is!

Gloria...I'm with Tricia about some gentle honesty with your aunt. I think I'd say something like, "Can I be honest with you? I appreciate all that you've helped me with, but I'm ready to move past all that, let's talk about other stuff." I'm at a loss about dealing with her similarity to your dad. Just realize that that is who she is, she can't help that. Is it bad enough for you to stop having anything to do with her? Maybe just limit your communications to the computer. Good luck!

Tricia...Have fun shopping! You will definitely get a sense of your great accomplishment by trying on/buying new clothes! Nothing like buying nice clothes, in smaller sizes, that FIT! You go girl!

Cheryll...I've exercised 3 days so far this week. I feel like my spirit has been lifted and feel more in control. I always feel that way when I'm keeping up with the exercise! It's a great feeling! BTW...that WW choc/peanut butter pie sounds yummy...want the share the recipe?

Lucky/Viking Queen...Instead of the red satin, I'm picturing you with the horned helmet and the metal bustier, with Ride of the Valkyries playing as your long blond braids fly out behind you on the wind...like the Norwegian goddess that you are!

Andria...Nice work on the walking! Just don't overdo it. Every other day, maybe? Or a shorter distance? What does Dr Tony say? And where the heck is he lately? :?: By the way....knowing what I really needed was an open and accepting heart. ...you've always got that!

Skittles...come out, come out! We MISS you!

Speaking of missing people...

BarbPa...should be home from her cruise soon...with lots of stories I hope!

BarbG...where've you been, sister?

OH! I almost forgot....WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to Michi and Redballoon! Jump on in anytime...

Diet/exercise still going well. I LOVE weighing in on Monday...it keeps me on the straight and narrow over the weekend!

Gotta run, really....back to the search for the missing passports!

Have a great day, all!

lucky
03-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Lucky, I think you are thinking of me deleting my response to Gloria's request for advice about her aunt. I just wanted to say that I didn't delete it to be guarded, I truly don't care if people I know read my posts here, it is just that I think there is always a way to make my point without being ugly or negative. And when I re-read the post it occured to me that IF my FIL had read my post (obviously, I don't think he ever would) it might hurt his feelings and, therefore, not be condusive to sharing our feelings in a way that would help us work out our differences.

I am and always have been one of those people that speaks my mind. I don't get offended or get my feelings hurt easily. I happen to really like that about myself but I sometimes forget that others aren't as thick skinned. So, it isn't that I'll stop saying what I think I just want to work on HOW I say it sometimes. I have been working very hard to apply that attitude in my "real" life and it just seemed counterproductive not to apply in my "cyber" life too.

Like you said, if I felt I needed to be guarded I certainly wouldn't use my real name, list my state, birthday, kids and husband's name, etc. AND HEAVEN KNOWS THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE MY REAL WEIGHT POSTED OUT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE! LOL.

I didn't really keep up with the last couple of 2x2's - I think I lost the weight I just didn't keep up with the when's and where's of it. I didn't realize they were an ongoing thing. Anyway, I am in for this one so I'll weigh in the morning and keep up this time.

We are off to our soccer games but I'll be back this afternoon to chat. I've got a GREAT vegetable lasange recipe that I want to share. Talk to you all then.

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Whew - talked and talked to my sister on the phone. Hung up while my "real" phone was ringing where my girlfriend wanted me to meet her and her parents at the beach for coffee. Okay, I know it's not a REAL beach since I am in Minnesota but that's what it is called!!!!

Does anyone know of a place on the internet where you can look at hair styles? I have googled a couple times but haven't been happy with what I have found.

Shopping, oh Tricia, I look forward and dread the day I have to get clothes. :dizzy: Tell us about your spree!!!!

Gloria, I have to say "ditto" to Tricia and Kat's response to your aunt. Honesty is the best and I bet she understands. If not, well then it's not meant to be. I think relatives are important in our lives but I also have some that I am not that close too and don't want to be!!! :smug:

So, now I have to go through my mail and send Kat mental vibes to help her find her passports. ;)

Here is some inspriration, Kat.
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/203718/Fairies/Tinkerbell.gif

redballoon
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Hello there. Thanks for anyone who has mentioned me. I would like to come in and post but just am so busy now and feeling I can't get into things in a responsible way. Talking about deleting postsand all. Oh sure, I usually edit mine, mostly because I find typos and such but sometimes I see where something might be misunderstood or that I should have used a softer tone. It is very hard to write in tone in these kind of posts. I think it may be better to just edit the posts rather than delete it though. Kind of hard to be reading posts about something some people saw but others didn't and really not know what the talk is about.

Anyhow, as I see I'm talking anyhow, I'll continue. I like the sound of this thread. You all get in here and just talk. With other threads where the focus is on the weight loss, when I'm not doing well (such as now) I feel guilty about writing even. Sanctuary sounds good.

Well, I'm not feeling well and debating whether I should go out and do what I had planned or whether I should stay home and have a kind of assessment day. It's hard to take stock and then set out anew when every day is, go, go, go, which it is for me.

I will try to get on here in a regular way. . maybe.. . so I can talk to you all personally. Bye for now. :wave:

lucky
03-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Redballoon, you make a good point about about editing a post rather than deleting it. When, I deleted it though, it was pretty soon after I'd posted it and there had been no responses so I didn't think anyone had read it yet. I did immediately re-post what I wanted to say so I hope I didn't actually cause any cofunsion in terms of the flow of the thread.

Also, you are right this is a great thread. The focus of our conversations does tend towards friendship rather than weight loss. But since we support each other so well we don't lose sight of the fact that what brought us here is the struggle to become healthier. This is the first place I come if I am doing well on my plan and the first place I come if I get off track. I've gotten so much encouragement, motivation, and inspiration here it is just unbelieveable. Sanctuary is a big part of the weight loss success I've enjoyed so far but I know I'll still be posting here even when I've reached my goal. This is a very caring group so, please, pop in as often as you can.

I am headed to the gym. It is a gorgeous day here, sunny, breezy, and 78 degrees. So, I want to get my workout and grocery shopping done and enjoy what is left of the day. I will catch you all tomorrow.

Take care,
Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Tricia: 78 hey we have the same numbers in our temps...I am at 18 degrees. :D

redbaloon:I am happy you are posting here but understand when time doesn't always allow it. Just come and share with us when you can. :)

Eating has been on track today so that is good for a weekend.

I did buy chocolate graham crackers the other day, so when I had a chocolate NEED I had one. I left the box on the kitchen counter and when I came home from work the next day the whole box was destroyed. I forgot my cat loves :love: chocolate too.

katrinabgood
03-12-2005, 10:13 PM
That is so cute, a chocolate loving kitty!

I'm stopping by quickly to share my success for the day...I spent most of the day cleaning and looking for the $#@% passports, which are still among the missing, by the way. Around 4:00 I thought lunch seemed like a good idea...then we decided to just go out to the diner for an early dinner. OH, how hungry I was, and how much did I want french fries!!!! So much. I hadn't eaten since about 9am and felt justified in getting them because I had worked so hard and for so long and with no results! (except for a cleaner, less cluttered home) I ordered a salad with grilled chicken strips and dressing on the side, I'm pleased to say. AND managed to get a good walk in tonight with the dog. We walked for about 50 minutes. It's in the 40s here, Lucky! We're having a heat wave!

Okay kids, I'm heading to the couch now. Time to veg.

And wonder just where the heck the passports are...

LuckyLadyBug
03-12-2005, 10:35 PM
P a s s p o r t s

I see passports in your future, Kat. :wizard:

redballoon
03-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi people. I just got in and I thought I would post again. Maybe this is the only way to get on, bit by bit.

jawsmom -- don't worry about the post. I wasn't trying to chide you or anything. It's just that I have deleted posts (because I thought they were silly) thinking no one had read them yet and then was asked what happened to them. When you post if anyone has subscribed to the thread the email notification goes immediately to them and there they can read the post. Kind of scary, actually because sometimes I make some bad mistakes, like leaving out a "not" or "don't" which naturally changes the entire meaning of the sentence so somebody could REALLY get the wrong idea! :o I often read my email on my cell phone and the other day I read a reply to something I must have provoked in a person (I really had to think hard about just how I did that, but apparently. . .) and I was reading her post on the train and thinking, wow! this person must be majorily stressed! but I was going to just ask her if there was perhaps anything I had said that she had perhaps misunderstood. Anyhow, later, when I got on the computer, the post was deleted, but in its place was a post saying she wasn't going to be posting in a while, with no reason given. I felt really bad, thinking perhaps I had caused this. . . real bummer but because she probably thought I hadn't seen the post I just didn't say anything, wished her all the best and said I'd like to see her back soon. Oh well. :shrug:

How did the gym go? Hope you had a nice workout. What sort of things are you doing?

Lucky -- thanks for your warm invite! :yes: What's 18 degrees in Celsius? Hmm. I know it's colder than here. We have a high of about 7 I think today, but that's Celsius. And it's colder than it's been so spring is definitely on the way. The plum blossoms are out and the cherry blossoms should be out in about three weeks. When does it start warming up by you? That is so weird with your cat?! Wow, I have had zillions of cats and never had one that liked chocolate! Then again, I never offered it to them! I did have one that loved cantaloupe and another loves dried seaweed. How many do you have? I have three, one just died and I'm still quite sad over that. I love animals dearly.

katrina -- have you looked in your suitcases and other travel bags for your passports? I have a feeling that's where they are. So, you didn't have the fries? Excellent going! :cp: I am originally from Pittsburgh, by the way, I see you're close by (relatively speaking). Where are you planning to travel to?

lucky
03-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Kat, I am so proud of you! That salad is something to brag about.

The missing passports must be driving you crazy. But, at least you realized they had gone AWOL in plenty of time to replace them if you have too. But I've got my fingers crossed that it won't come to that - they've gotta be SOMEWHERE - right?

Okay guys. Tomorrow is a new day and I have made the decision to really focus on my exercising and see if I can't push thorough this stupid plateau. I've been doing fine on my eating and I don't think cutting out calories will do a bit of good. I know weeks that I lose 2 lbs are going to be few and far between at this point and that doesn't really bother me as it is to be expected. And, to be honest, if I never lose another ounce I won't be unhappy with myself because at least at this weight I am "average." I haven't gotten this far in so, so long though and that is really driving me at this point. The idea that if I could just lose 15 or so more pounds that I could wear a size 10! is just overwhelming. Oh, and it is driving me to keep pushing like you would not believe. I know it is supposed to be all about health - but, I'm healthy now. Blood pressure is great, cholesterol is great, glucose levels are perfectly normal. So there ain't nothin left but vanity. I felt so great at the Mary Kay party I went to last night. I had on my new pants and shoes and really felt good about how I looked. When I got there I got the usual, "you look so good", "you've lost a some weight haven't you?" comments. That was rewarding in and of itself. But at one point I got up to get another glass of water and when I left the room I heard everyone whisper about how much weight I had lost and how different/great I looked. I swear it actually made my heart flutter. My sister finally just couldn't keep it in any more and started to gush. Everyone had tried not to because they know I don't like to be the center of attention especially when it comes to my weight. But I have to say, I didn't mind it so much.

I am feeling really motivated at this point and not seeing the scale move like I want it to is grating my nerves. I don't need much - a couple ounces - anything. But, gosh, give me something to work with here! I'm not frustrated really, I think anxious is more like it. I feel like it is Christmas Eve and I'm 6 years old. The anticipation is what is so exciting. I want to be in the 150's by this summer soooo, sooooo bad. I don't care if it is 159.9 as long as I hit it before June 1.

I have mapped out my schedule for the week and am ready to bust my butt this week and see what I can do. Now, I refuse to have an "I can't" attuitude but I am realisitc and know that this could take a little time. So if I don't lose this week and my little bubble starts to burst have your shoulders ready becuase I may just have to cry on them! So, empathize with me for a minute and then bust my chops and get me going again. I KNOW I can count on all of you!

I'm off to bed. Catch you all again tomorrow.

Tricia

katrinabgood
03-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey, redballoon! Don't worry about it...there are a LOT of touchy people on these boards! That's precisely the reason we started this thread. A place to come and be comfy, where you can say what's on your mind without fear of being ostracized or of offending anyone. We are all individuals, not cookie cutter copies of each other. We embrace each other's differences and similarities!

By the way, 17 degrees Farenheit is -8 degrees Celsius! Lucky lives up in the frozen tundra that is Minnesota! brrrrrrrrr!

Tricia...Last week at Weight Watchers, our leader spoke of plateaus. She used a girl at the meeting as an example...they can last a LONG time, but what's happening is that your body is adjusting to it's new size, kind of getting used to all the changes. She said to keep up with the exercise, but to vary it, don't do the same thing over and over. It's also very important to eat enough and to make sure that you are getting enough fat in your diet! <good fats, of course!> Basically, HANG IN THERE! Don't obsess about the number on the scale, just keep doing what's gotten you this far, you're doing great!

So...still no passports. This is very frustrating, but I had dh check and we can use our birth certificates and a picture ID. So that relieved some pressure, but still....It will cost about $1000 to replace 4 passports...I checked. There are companies that will do it rush/rush, and that costs even more! We'll stick with the birth certificates and hope for the best!

We checked the suitcases, redballoon...that was the first place we looked! Three of us remember seeing them on the hutch of my dresser, just tucked off to the side, but in plain sight...I don't remember putting them anywhere else! *sigh* We're going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It's on the Caribbean coast, with gorgeous white sand beaches. We plan on snorkeling and swimming, exploring the Mayan ruins nearby, but mostly, RELAXING...after this winter, I am SO ready for some beach time! {My body in a bathing suit isn't, but that's too bad!}

Time for coffee. Past time, actually. I'll be back later!

LuckyLadyBug
03-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Tricia, your enthusiasm is inspiring. :tread: :workout: I can feel your excitement!!!:cheer: You know our shoulders are here for you and I am pretty sure Kat is our volunteer :drill: to kick you whereever to keep you going. :D

Do you or are you using MaryKay? I have a picture of me when I was much younger and it is my favorite of myself. One day a couple weeks ago I was looking at how bright and happy my face looked and then remember that was when I was using MaryKay. A week after that one of my coworkers introduced me to a lady that had stopped in - delivering her MaryKay order. So now I am thinking that is a sign!! :goodvibes:

Kat :cofdate: Hmmm maybe the passports are with the blue thong????

redballoon like Kat said Sanctuary is
A place to come and be comfy, where you can say what's on your mind without fear of being ostracized or of offending anyone. We are all individuals, not cookie cutter copies of each other. We embrace each other's differences and similarities!

I know I have typed emails and such before and in my head it sounds perfectly normal and then I get a reply that whams me. Especialy humor can come across totally different when you see it written versus heard. I guess I also have issues with people that are THAT sensitive as to quit posting over someone elses view point. Viva la differance!!! I have learned so much in my life from my friends that are not the same as me and as I write that have to admit I have learned from those the same as me too. :lol:

So, off for some breakfast before I get going on the rest of my day. Laundry, paperwork, scrap book - well gathering some pictures for one anyway, oh and of course EXERCISE!!!!!

lucky
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Redballoon: No, I didn't take your post that way at all. Kat is right. Everyone who posts here is very accepting of the others - differences and all. After getting to know all of the others here I can honestly say that I can't imagine ever reading a post and being offended, hurt, or angry. Everyone here has such a genuine personality that I know nothing would ever be said in a condesending tone or out of jealousy or judgement. I don't think any of us feel as though we always have to agree or even like what someone else has to say. But we take it for what it is, an honest opinion or contructive critisim meant to help the rest of group or intended recipient to grow as individuals.

I did have a good workout at the gym. Thanks for asking. I didn't get to stay but 45 minutes because they close at 5 on Saturdays and we had soccer games yesterday and I couldn't make it in until after 4. I don't really have a standard routine. I do full body weights every other day and cardio (at least an hour) each day. If I work out on the machines I do the elliptical for about 35 minutes, stationary bike for 20, and 15 to 20 on the treadmill or rowing machine. On as many days as I can I go to a class just to mix it up. Step is my favorite class but I always try as many new ones as I can. We have lots of toning classes - yoga/pilates, BLT (buns, legs, tummy), Strictly Abs, and some that mix step or kickboxing with strength training. So, sometimes I'll go to those instead doing my usual weights. But since I am home with three kids my schedule isn't hard and fast. I always make sure I can go everyday but I am flexible as to what I do once I get there. I love my gym. It is a ladies only facility. They market it as "no men, no intimidation" but I have to say it was never the men I found intimidating - it was those fit and trim women. lol. But, I like it because I don't have to worry about whether or not my underwear is hanging out of my shorts while I do bends and stretchs or if my boobs are getting squished out of my top while I do leg curls. Plus, all of their weight machines are sized smaller for women so there isn't a lot of adjusting to be done to the seats and all. And I am much more comfortable with a female trainer than some guy who has been body building since high school!

Kat, thanks for all of the advice. That is exactly what I am going to try to do. Isn't it funny? Your post is EXACTLY what I would say to someone else in my position. And, yet, I NEED to hear it from someone else as confirmation. I guess it is the old do as I say, not as I do rule. Like I said, I am more anxious than frustrated at this point. I just feel sooooo close to where I want to be. I think it boils down to the realization that I am going to get to my goal weight this time. That has created a lot of bottled energy - hence the decision to step up my workouts.

I am also working on redefining my goals. I think this plataeu - no matter how long it lasts- is a great time to adjust to my "new skin" and take a second look at what I am working towards. In the beginning, 130-135 was just a number that I remembered being comfortable at in the past. It might not be the right goal though. So, I am trying not to focus on the number (ackk! it is sooo hard not to) and more on what I want my body to be able to do and how it needs to look for me to feel good about it.
But don't hold me to that - I know I'll be in here mumbling about the scale and babbling about my magic number again. I'll count on you guys to remind me how SANE and LOGICAL I spoke in ths post.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but we got a new puppy. She is a cockapoo and so very sweet. Well, we haven't actually gotten her yet. She won't be ready for us to bring home until the 25th. This is the first dog I've ever gotten that wasn't rescued from a shelter. And I have to say that I feel a little guilty about that. But after the heartache I went through with Sweetie Pie there was some comfort in knowing EXACTLY where the puppy had come from, the temprement of its parents, etc. I know we don't have any guarantees (well, actually we do have a health and temprement guarantee from the breeder for a while) but I feel better having been able to research the different breeds and know that we are getting a puppy that has been properly socialized with other animals and children from birth. Anyway, I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

I gotta run. We are taking the kids for a walk through the woods. They love to go "exploring."

Hope you all have wonderful days today!

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
03-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Tricia, I am SO jealous of your gym. The closest one to me is two hours away :cry: but of course when I lived in Minneapolis and there were all over I never did go to one!!! :o

I can't wait to see the puppy pics. I am sure, Dusty (my cat) will enjoy them too.

I am so happy - I have all my chores done plus got through a stack of papers - sorted, threw out or filed away.

Now I will be tackeling some computer "issues" I have been having.

Hey, hey, hey - BarbPA should be back tomorrow with tons of pics I hope!!!!

5 dogs
03-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Well Tricia, i owe you a big thank you. All last week i just couldn't get myself motivated to get my butt up and get to the Y. I get the blues sometimes but i have learn to recognize the first signs of depression. Your words to me let me know that everyone has days like that, so i figured if a person that has a busier schedule than mine can find the time and the energy to exercise, then i should be able to give a least half hour a day to some kind of exercise. Anyway, i just want to give you a big hug and thank you.

As you know Lucky, i have five dogs. Well, when we first got Digger our male dog, he had no manners and what ever he wanted, he took. One day i had put a whole frozen chicken in the sink to defrost before i went to work. I only had to work about four hours that day so i figured the chicken would be okay. When i got home, there were chicken bones in the living room. Digger had managed to pull the chicken out of the sink and ate it frozen. He also managed to eat a frozen T-Bone steak i put behind the kitchen faucet to defrost. Somehow, he pulled the steak out from behind the faucet and across the sink. Digger had been abused by his former owners, so we had to use a gentle but firm hand with him. He no longer pulls food out of the sink, but man, a T-Bone steak?

Take a deep breath Kat and think. The last time you used your past port, what were you wearing? I hope they didn't get washed.

This weekend has been very busy and I'v gotten behind in my reading and posting but i just have to put my two cents in here. One of the mane reasons why i love coming here to Sanctuary is, no one hinders anyone from reaching there goal. We all know why we are here. To look really good in a string bikini. (Maybe in my dreams) If talking about kids and pass ports, and husbands and all the other stuff we talk about helps us reach our goal, then so be it. What we don't talk about is, buying a box of chocolate and eating the whole box is okay. Never exercising and the word gym doesn't even enter into the conversations. I think it all comes down to one thing. Do we come here to get motivated and inspired so we can lose pounds and inches, or do we come here to just socialize and find out what each of us had for supper last night?

I for one don't want to live in a box. I love it that we all have a different opinion on life, and if you ask a question, you may get ten different answers. If anyone wants a "Yes" man to question or problem, then this is not the thread to be in.

Speaking of supper, i have to get mine started so i guess i better get going.
Talk to you soon.
Gloria

5 dogs
03-13-2005, 07:38 PM

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my shape to keep. * *
Please no wrinkles. Please no bags. And please lift my butt before it sags. * *
Please no age spots, please no gray hair, and as for my belly, please take it away. Please keep me healthy, please keep me young, and thank you Dear Lord, for all that you've done. *
* * * * * * * * * * Five tips for a woman.... *

1 It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.

2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.

3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.

4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.

Foot Note:

One saggy boob said to the other saggy boob: *
"If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts."

redballoon
03-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh 5dogs, that is TOO funny!! Thanks for the laugh. I REALLY need it!! :rofl:

lucky
03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Gloria, now I owe you a great big hug and a thank you. I actually laughed out loud at your post. I have been so cranky today. There is no reason for it - I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I just know having a chuckle before bed is going to make tommorrow a MUCH more pleasant day! Oh, and my family thanks you too - I don't think they could take another day of my bad mood.

Everybody sit down. Are you sitting? I went JOGGING today. I don't think you heard me right...I went JOGGING today. And, you know, it wasn't that bad. I've decided I'm going to start working and see if I can ever make it a whole mile without stopping to walk here and there. It will be my spring project cause Lord knows I won't be doing any running outside once summer hits here. I, unfortunatley, do not have the coordination it takes to run on a treadmill. Somehow my feet always get all tangled up when I try to push the buttons to slow down and stop.

We did something fun today. When I take Will to school in the mornings we always pass this monument for some cemetary. But you can't see anything back there as it is all wooded. I knew it wasn't one that is still used but we've always wondered what the deal was. So, I packed up a back pack and we all went hiking through the woods - there are woods behind our house that we were able to cut through to get there without actually getting on the main road. Anyway, it turns out that it is one family's cemetary from the 1800's. The memorial said that this family were the earliest settlers of our county. We could only find 5 headstones. The husband and wife who originally settled and what we guess are their children and spouses. There was one for a little boy who died when he was only one year old. He had the sweetest engraving that said, "Little Ben Culley: Bloomed On Earth So He Could Blossom In Heaven" The last two we looked at had only lived to their early 30's. I don't know, it was just really interesting. It made me feel lucky that we were born in a time when life spans are typically so long.

I will talk to you all in the morning. Have a good night!

Tricia

redballoon
03-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Wow, jawsmom, excellent going on the jogging! :cp: Congratulations! That's a big move for you, right?
The cemetary adventure sounds interesting. I used to be into grave rubbings. I know it sounds weird but it was so interesting learning about history through the graves, especially in different areas. Where I grew up the stones were mostly of some stone that wore easily so there weren't many real old ones like I hear there are in New England. There was cemetaries behind both houses I grew up in in the States so I guess I found being in them natural. Different countries, different customs makes a walk through a cemetary really educational. Well, just saw your message and though I'd try to pop in. Have work to do now. Gotta get to it.

5 dogs
03-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Good Morning to all. I have lots to do today but wanted to pop in and say good morning. Hope to talk to you later today.
Gloria
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/258262/cat.gif

5 dogs
03-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Let me be the first to say "WELCOME BACK" BarbPa. I hope you took lots of pictures. We want details girlfriend, details!

Went swimming yesterday at the Y and felt so unbelievably good. If i could bottle this feeling, i could be rich, rich, rich. I have a lot of dutch blood in me so my complexion is very fair. When i get even a little sun you can see it right away on my shoulders. This morning when i was getting dressed, hubby was laughing at me because i have a very, very slight tan. He works outside most of the day and is very tan, so when i was admiring my almost nonexistent one, we had to laugh. Hay, its a start.

Oh poo. Its starting to rain again. Looks like i will have to take a step class tonight instead of water aerobics.

I have a thought provoking question for all of you. Do you believe in fate or do you think things just happen because they happen. I think there is a purpose for some things that has happened in my life and i also believe in guardian angels.
About 20 years ago, i was driving to work and it was about 5 A.M. in the morning, still dark outside and i was the only car in sight. I was stopped at an intersection waiting for the red light to turn green. The radio was on and something soft was playing. Just as the light turned green, this noise came over the radio. I quickly turned the station and in that second, a mack truck went whizzing by in front of me. If i had gone ahead when the light turned green instead of changing the station on the radio, i would not be here today. It has always amazed me how one little insignificant event can change a persons life.
Anyway, i was just wondering what all of you thought on this subject?
Have to go. Carl will be home soon for lunch and i like to make him something hot to eat.
Later Gator.
Gloria

lucky
03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd like y'alls input on something.

I have decided to increase my calorie intake by 200 or 300 per day. I chose this amount because, given my current weight and activity level, 1700 to 1800 calories would still allow for a loss of half - 1 lb each week (well, if this stinking plateau ever ends!). As you know I stagger my calories rather than eating the same amount each day.

My problem is that I actually have a hard time reaching 1500 calories these days. I guess because I've been doing this for so long I just can't eat that much at once anymore - it makes me feel yucky. For this reason I don't want to just eat bigger portions to fit in the extra calories. Obviously, I don't want the extra calories to be from junk. So, what are some calorie/nutrient dense foods that I could add a little of here and there to sneak in these 300 some odd calories? I already eat almonds, advocado regularly. I've never used protein powders. Would something like that do the trick? Any other ideas?

Also, has anyone ever tried any of the cleansing programs or recipes to remove toxins from the body? I've seen them specifcally for the colon and liver plus some for the body as a whole. Do they make you feel any better? I sometimes shop at our local whole foods store and see all the wheat grass concoctions but I don't want to choke down something that tastes like sludge until someone I know personally says it is worth it. Anybody?

Gloria: I'll put my 2 cents in about fate. Be warned though. This is one of those questions that I might have a different answer for on any given day. But TODAY I believe that things just happen because they happen. I don't believe that any of us are on a predestined path. I don't think we are designed with a purpose but that we have all been given (or evolved - depending on a person's beliefs) the tools to add purpose to our lives. Some of us take advantage of it, some of us don't. Neither way is right or wrong in my opinion. I've had things like your mack truck incident happen to me before too. I don't think anything of them. The same goes for bad things that happen to me. Sure, I have "why me" questions but the real question is "why not me?" These things happen. I am special but no more so than anyone else.

For me what is important aren't the things, good or bad, that happen to me, but how I handle them after the fact. A close call like you described is just that unless you walk away from it with a renewed vigor and appreciation for your own life. I think very rarely does something like that change the way a person lives for good. Now, the BAD things that happen I do think can change a person's life forever. But I also think that change is more of a DECISION on the person's part not a mystical force of any kind.

Just my personal opinion, take it for what it is worth.

My knee did not swell to the size of a grapefruit yesterday so I'm going to give jogging another try. I might very well have found myself a new hobby. Who would have thunk it?

5 dogs
03-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Have you tried peanut butter Tricia? Smucker's has a natural peanut butter that i find quite tasty. Two Tbsp. has 210 calories, 1g sugars and no trans fat. I put it on celery because i like the crunch plus i get some fiber.

Thanks for sharing with me your views on fate. My son Will believes that what happens, happens. I like to think that there are certain things that were just meant to be.

Yippee, skippee, the sun is out and i might be able to go swimming tonight.
Have a good one.
Gloria

5 dogs
03-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Hay Lucky, I've been meaning to ask you, did you ever decide on what plants you are going to get. The weather down here is just starting to get a little warm so i guess i should be thinking about my garden. Have you ever grown yellow squish? If so, is it hard to grow?

I just got back from my water aerobics class and am feeling pretty good. They had the pool lights on and it felt like swimming in stars.

Have a great night everyone.
Gloria

LuckyLadyBug
03-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Gloria, thanks for the "cat" message. :lol: I have been laughing through all the other posts so now I have to get serious about your thought provoking quesion. I don't know that I have enough time to tell you all I think about what you asked.

Do you believe in fate or do you think things just happen because they happen. I don't believe in fate as my life is all plotted out and nothing can change it. SOS I am not good at explaining myself so if I make this sound too stupid don't hold it against me. ;) For example I don't believe it is my fate to be poor. Maybe I was born into a poor family but I can still do many things with my life to improve that situation. But like you I have had many "mack truck" events in my life. I don't know what to call them but "luck" doesn't cover it!! I guess I have never "liked" fate because that takes all of my input out of the equation. Why try if it's "fate". Which just made me think of my weight by the way!!!! It is NOT my fate to be fat!!!! Just wanted to throw that in.

I went to a psychic once many years ago and he said I had an angel that sits over my left shoulder. He said it was a woman that had died young - late thirtys or so and her name was Mo or Marie. I actually felt my whole body have a tremor. My Mother died at 42 and her name was Ramona Marie. I know, don't get all weird on me I am just telling you what happened.

You will love this, Gloria. I had a friend in Minneapolis that was a ghost buster.!!!! She seemed so ordinary when we were together - I would look at her and think "I can't believe she thinks she can see ghosts" but she is so honest etc. It makes me wonder, even though I have never met one ! :)

I am really rambling here and not concentrating. I have to say after all of this I also totally agree with Tricia (how is that for diplomatic) No, really I do!!! Life happens and it is up to us to handle it.

I also had a friend that would say when his life was in trouble and he was ignoring it he would start to have "fender benders". Each one more serious than the last until he took stock of his life and worked on correcting what was wrong. Interesting!!!

A good one for this question is Skitt - she can write exactly what I want to say!!! :lol:

Welcome Back BarbPA.

c bo be
03-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone!

Whew, the weekend flew by. Just now getting a chance to get on the puter and check out whats going on. I was good on friday night as far as eating. We went to applebees with some friends and I had something from the weightwatchers part of the menu. It was pretty good and I will definately order it again. We all came back to my house and played cards, I did good at home too. Made a weight watchers dessert and some fruit and baked chips and some snacks. Not bad at all. But sat. I had euchre at my house and there was so much food. Everyone brings a dish and I must say I got off track sat. night. I am back this morning counting calories and went to exercise after work. I know my trouble will always be on the weekends. And also I honestly need to stop with so many get togethers that revolve around so much food. Thats really hard to do though. Anyway, I'm back on track and will just have to try to manage my weekends better.

Also, Gloria, on your subject of fate, I must say that I do not believe in fate. I don't think we are just out there aimlessly going through life with a preplanned destiny of some kind. I think it's up to us to make our destiny. I think it would drive me crazy to just think that i had no control over the course of my life. Not going to get any deeper than that about the subject.

And Lucky lady bug, I've never been to a psychic but I think it's amazing how some psychics are able to solve crimes and missing persons and things like that. I love to see Sylvia Brown when she's on TV. and she definatly believes in angels around us.

Also, while on the whole subject of strange things, my husband and I and some other couples are looking into going to spend the night in a haunted hotel. We live in indiana but I guess there are several places you can stay in kentucky. We are doing this just as an adventure and a fun weekend. Have any of you ever done this before. Let me know if you have. We are searching the net to find as much info as possible.

Also, I wanted to tell you about a website my daughter sent to me. It's www.chocoholicsrevenge.com and it has alot of low calorie, low fat chocolate recipes. You might want to check it out.

Anyway, one more week and then it's spring break for me. School will be out after this friday. Hip Hip Hooray!

Better get busy and I'll talk to you later.
cheryll

5 dogs
03-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Am i the only one here that does stupid stuff? Went to the Y tonight for my water aerobics class as i mentioned earlier. What i didn't tell you was what i did before i got there. I always put my swim suit on at my house, then put regular clothes over it so when i get there all i have to do is take off what I'm wearing and go right into the pool. Tonight i was watching Dr. Phill and putting on my swim suit at the same time. Not paying attention to what i was doing, got the suit on and regular clothes went on over it. Got to the Y, the regular clothes came off and out i go. I was in the pool when i realized that my swim suit was inside out. Good thing my suit is black and the sun was setting so there wasn't a whole lot of light. I quickly went back inside and fixed the inside out swim suit before the class started. Maybe i should wright a book about all the stupid things i do. Maybe its fate?

I have made a decision as far as my weight is concerned. I have decided to stop weighing myself every week. I have noticed that when i start to loose the weight, i start taking it for granted that the scale will continue to go down. For some reason i have it in my head that one cookie wont hurt, or a handful of potato chips wont matter because after all, I've lost 4 pounds and its only been 4 weeks. Now, my clothes are getting tighter and i haven't had a "feel" thin day in a long time. I will still watch what i eat, and exercise everyday, I just wont be able to tell all of you how much I've lost.

I almost forgot to tell you what also happen to me at the Y tonight. Just before class, i was talking to a woman that was a new-be at the Y. She had a granddaughter there that was taking one of the cheerleading classes. Anyway, this woman asked me if i had any young children of my own. I told her my kids are grown adults and have lives' of there own. She was looking at me as if to say "How young were you when you had your kids". I told her i was 53 and to old to have young kids living at home. She just wouldn't believe me when i told her how old i was. Made me feel good. I guess what Tricia said is true. When you lose weight, you look younger.

Carl will be home soon from bowling so i guess i better get going. Carl doesn't mind me talking to all of you, its just that he likes to tell me all about his bowling games when he gets home and i love to watch the twinkle in his eyes when he gets excited.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Gloria

lucky
03-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Okay, first things first, I went to a spinning class tonight. It was a great workout and it KICKED MY BUTT! Sadly, I was at the BEGINNERS class. I plan on going back just becuase it makes me mad that it was so hard for me but I don't think it will become a regular in my class rotation. Also, I got up the nerve to run on the treadmill. Ugh, it was okay but when I get going that fast I can't think of anything but rolling off the back of the darn thing. But, I'm proud of myself for giving it a go.

I pulled out my old training chart at the gym - last updated 3/26/04-to see what my measurements were back then. I was at 214 and hadn't started dieting or anything yet. Basically, I had gone to the gym to get a new workout routing thinking I would be motivated again. Ehhh, I did that one maybe twice and then cancelled my membership. Anywho, I took my measurements when I got back on track in December. I am happy to report that I have lost more than 10 inches since compared to last year! I'm going to have them measure me again tomorrow becuase most of this weight has come off since December so I am sure i am down even more than that by now. I'll post the results once I get them.

Gloria, I am with you on the scale. I've decided to try and weigh only once every two weeks. I'm addicited to that number though so I don't know if I'll be able to stick it out or not. I am at the point that I need to start weening myself from my weight and start focusing more on inches, shape, and tone. The scale is disappointing these days to say the least and on top of that I know it isn't the most accurate gauge of my progress anymore. Like I said before, I've got to work on redefining my goals and now is the best time since I'm stuck with this plateau. Scale isn't moving so I gotta find something else to tell me I'm still on track.

Cheryll, I've stayed at a "haunted" hotel in New Orleans before. Nothing happened but it was a fun adventure. You can't help but expect something to happen so every squeek or rattle is alarming. If you scare very easily it is going to be a long, long night.
Ours included a tour and history of the place, etc. That was interesting. I don't remember the name of the one we stayed at though. There are several of them in New Orleans.

I've been to a psychic before. It was just before I was to graduate college. A friend of mine and I were on a road trip and we stopped at a house that had a psychic sign in the front yard. It was just for fun to break up the trip a little and stretch our legs. She told me that I would excel in a career that had nothing to do with my studies and that the field I would end in would be quite a surprise. Well, I didn't think anything of it - sounded pretty general at the time. I majored in Home Economics and minored in business. I took accounting three different times. Dropped out in the first semester, flunked it the second, finally scrapped by with a D in summer school at our local community college. What do you know? My first job was an entry level accounting position and I ended my 15 year career managing the accouting department. I still think her assessment was vague and general, but it was technically correct. I don't think most of the people who claim to be psychics are, but I think it has to be possible that at some people are at a minimum more intuitive than most.

Lucky, I don't admit this often but I've actually had a ghost encouter and I believe Will had one when he was a younger. The first one was my grandfather. He had passed away when I was in college. This might sound silly but when Quinten died one of my big worries was what would happen to him in heaven-he was just a baby and wouldn't know anybody. Who would take care of him? I told you, it sounds silly. But in my emotional state that weighed heavily on my mind. Before a week had even past I had a nightmare. I was at my grandparent's farm and out in the field I could see something laying in a hole. It was covered in bugs and worms but I couldn't make out what it was. Just as I was getting closer to see what was there my grandfather stepped up to me and took me by the shoulders to move me back. He kept saying, "I'll handle this, you don't need to see this." But I pushed past him and sure enough, I could see that it was Quinten in the hole. I sat straight up in bed wide awake. And, I swear on my life, my grandfather was standing clear as day next to my bed. I actually looked over at Greg and touched him to make sure I was awake. Looked back the other way and my grandfather was still there - he didn't look ghostly at all. And he said to me, "Don't worry. I've got that baby." He stood there for a second and then he was gone. I wasn't scared or anything. I reached over and touched Greg again just to check again that I was awake. I can't say for certain that it wasn't all just part of the dream but I can tell you that I had an overwhelming feeling of peace after it happened. It was weird to say the least.

Will was born after Quinten but before Kayla. He had just turned 2 when we found out Kayla had died. So, he never knew of either of them until he was maybe 4 when he found some pictures. One night he was asleep - he was maybe 2 1/2 by this time -we heard him laughing over the monitor. Not the kind of giggle that a child does when he's dreaming or talking in his sleep. He was full blown belly laughing. I got up to go into his room to see what was up. He was sitting straight up in his crib and just sort of wiggling like he was trying to get away from something and laughing himself silly. Just as I walked all the way into his room he just stopped, laid down, and was asleep again. But the smell in his room was just like the baby blankets that Quinten and Kayla had been swaddled in at the hospital. Sort of a mix between baby powder and sterile. It hit me and I noticed it but didn't really think too much about it. After all, Will was still a baby so a scent like that wouldn't have been completely out of order but, mostly, it was the middle of the night and I just didn't think of anything but going back to bed. The next morning at breakfast I asked Will if he remembered doing all of that laughing and he told me that he did. I asked him what he was dreaming about that was so funny. And he said, "Oh, I wasn't dreaming Mommy. Those two babies were tickling me." It made me sort of catch my breath and I asked him what babies he meant and all he could tell me were that there was a baby boy and a baby girl and they were funny and were tickling him. But that was the last of it. Never heard anything else about it or saw anything like that happen again. Again, it was comforting in an odd kind of way.

Greg thinks it is all nonsense and I respect that. Either incident could be a dream or a conincidence. But, given the circumstances, I find comfort in believing that they were more than that. So, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

And speaking of Skittles, Lucky, where is she these days? I am like you. I love her posts because they read like poetry. She sums things up so beautifully. Not me, I'm a rambler. Gotta work on that.

I am soooo sore right now so I am off to hit the sack. I can't wait to stretch out and S-L-E-E-P. Y'all have a great night.

Tricia

Skittles
03-15-2005, 07:07 AM
hi all, Just a quick post to let you know I am still around. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, then I will post a big reply. I hope you are all doing well. Talk to ya soon, Skitt

5 dogs
03-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Around 4:19 A.M. this morning my dog Sky had two epileptic seizures and I'm so afraid that we may have to put her to sleep. She is about ten years old and we have had her since she was a pup. Altho Sky has had seizures before, they have never been as bad as the one she had this morning. Sky's picture is just below my name. She acts like the mother to the rest of our dog's and she was the one that taught Digger manners. If one of the other dogs has to go out, Sky is the one that comes and tells me. If we have to put her to sleep, my hart is going to be broken. I know she is only a dog, but i love all of them as if they were my own children. We have talked to our vet about Sky's epilepsy and he said we could put her on medication, but if the seizures get real bad, we may have to put her to sleep. Right now, money is tight and we just can't afford to spend money on medication for Sky. About the best i can do for her is just hold her and tell her its going to be alright when she has a seizure. I am crying now and Sky seams to know when something is wrong because she just came over and started licking my hand. How sweet is that?

Gloria

lucky
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh, Gloria, I am so sorry about Sky. Bless your heart. Believe me, I know what a tough decision it will be if it comes down to putting her to sleep or trying medication. If it turns out that you can't afford the medication just remember that you gave this dog 10 years of love and pampering. It is all that matters and more than a lot of dogs will ever know. The great thing about pets is that they love us unconditionally. She trusts you completely and knows that you will do what is best for her. Slipping into sleep while their "person" comforts them is much better for a dog than enduring terrible seizures on a regular basis. I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does we will all be here for you.

lucky
03-15-2005, 12:03 PM
You know how some days you'll feel super motivated and just can't imagine NOT living the new lifestyle you've planned for yourself? Well, I've been feeling like that lately. But today I have something new going on and wonder if any of you have ever felt this way.

Here's the deal. I am still really motivated and don't have any notion to give up eating right and exercising. But lately, I've been doing a lot of reading about plateaus and have found lots of tips on helping to break through. Also, I'm reading more in depth about different types of exercises and weight training because I've reached a point that I need to step up my intensity to get the results I want. Also, I've been trying new classes at the gym. I still like all that I do now but it is starting to get stale which makes it harder to push myself as much as I should. The problem I am having is that I'm tired of THINKING about it all of the time. All of the effort that goes into these changes is just wearing me out.

I've got the voices in my head telling me that I have to push myself out of my comfort zone, yada, yada, yada. That's fine. I WANT to push myself. I just want somebody else to tell me HOW to push. It isn't the lifestyle I'm sick of just the constant thinking about it, if that makes sense. I'm working with one of the trainers at my gym (they are free, thank goodness) so weight training and toning is covered. But the diet? Well, I'm stuck on the same foods because I'm sick of looking for new recipes and such. Cardio? I know I need to vary my workouts but I'm tired of researching all the details of rest days, techniques to increase metabolism, etc. Basically, I'm tired of trying to understand the nuts and bolts of how all of this stuff works.

Actually, maybe it isn't even that I'm sick and tired of it all. Maybe there are so many conflicting suggestions and ideas that I'm just overwhelmed by it all and my brain is tired of figuring it all out. I also know that nothing works for everyone so I am the only one who can really find what is going to get me where I want to be.

Anybody else ever feel this way? I have to say that just venting all of this makes me feel a lot better. Still, if anyone has their own experience or suggestions to share I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Tricia

qsilver
03-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone :)

Let me just say that I am tired of working overtime and being called in on my days off! Dropping in for just a second to let you all know that I am still alive and vaguely kicking. I'm going to get some sleep and then get back here to do some reading and catching up with everyone. SooOoOooOOoooOOOOoo tired!

Andria

5 dogs
03-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Thank you jawsmom for your kind words. You lifted my spirits considerably. Carl and i haven't made a decision yet on what we are going to do. The thought of losing my beloved Sky is something i just cant deal with now. Maybe in a week or two i will be able to deal with it, but just the thought of having to put her to sleep is more than i can handle right now.

Now about your question. I hate to tell you this, but it sounds like your obsessing about losing weight and reaching your goal. Maybe you need to give your body a vacation. You can still eat right and exercise, but try concentrating on how good you feel at the end of the day instead of the pounds and inches you might have lost. I know from experience, obsessing about losing weight you can miss out on a lot of enjoyable events. With me it got to the point where all i wanted to do was eat, sleep, and talk about losing weight. Now, i don't own a scale and i go to the Y and exercise to feel good mostly, and to fit into my clothes again. My advice to you is, let the weight thing go awhile. You can still be motivated and try new classes at your gym, but try and concentrate on the class and how good your going to feel afterwards, not the results of taking the class. If you feel your motivation is starting to slip a little in a week or two, then start pushing yourself again. This is just my opinion.

lucky
03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
What good advice, Gloria. Thanks for being so point blank. I think deep down I knew that was the case but needed "permission" from someone else to relax a bit so that I wouldn't feel like I was giving up. I'm going to do my best to do exactly what you suggested. I don't know how well I will fare, but I think I have to try. It will be good practice for when I finally do reach my goals. Afterall, what is maintainence but learning to live with food without obsessing about it?

Thanks again.

Tricia

LuckyLadyBug
03-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #15 Everyone Welcome"