South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tgif!

I'm going to start the thread because I have another busy day planned again today. I have to watch the little ones again, but they are feeling much better and we may go out shopping for a birthday present for the older one, she turns 4 on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the party as my GD is being christened that day.
I noticed the SBD frozen entrees have hit the markets. I haven't seen them in person, but I saw them advertised in the Wegmans flier. I'll have to check them out to see how "pure" they are.
Have a great day, I have to go start warming up the car. Hope I can stay OP today, I can't keep out of the peanut butter jar!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:11 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chicks! Busy day here. I need to get all the stuff together that I want to take to my sister. We have a game this afternoon in a town about an hour away so I am goin to pick the 4 girls up early from school so I can get them to the high school to ride the bus to their game. I have to get my stuff packed to spend the night at Mom's since I am gonna try to leave early Sat. morning. DS is in a hurry to get to his dad's so I told him I would try to get up and leave early.

Cottage...Have a fun day with the kiddies!

Everyone else...Have a great OP day!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Cottage, have fun with the little ones! So glad they're feeling better.

And Bamie, to repeat myself from yesterday, I am SO glad that you're okay, sweetie. Phew! That was scary!

I had the evening from **** yesterday. DH and I were driving to WW for our weigh-in (for those of you who don't know, I'm doing a combo WW/South Beach program), and I hit a MAJOR hole in the road. It blew out a tire on our new car. I was so ticked off! DH struggled for 45 minutes in the freezing cold to get the tire off before I remembered that we had road side assistance. Then we discovered that our cell phone was dead (in our confusion, we forgot that the charger was in the glove compartment), and had to walk to find a payphone. We waited an hour for the guy to arrive, and needless to say, we missed our weigh-in.
I'm going to email the City right now, and give them a piece of my mind. It's a piece they've never seen before, and they're not going to be happy when they get it.

I also need coffee... ... back later...
Old 03-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachies.

I really have been getting up as early as usual but have changed my morning routine. I appreciate the early chicks starting the Daily. I feed the Girls and then we cuddle on the couch while I drink my coffee and watch the CBC 6 AM news. A relaxing way to start the day ....if you ignore the bad stuff on the news!

Bamie, from the sound of things, you are feeling better. Or are you just being noble and rising above it?

Cottage, your day sounds lovely! I really miss seeing my grandkids but will probably get my fill of kids next week. It's March break and I'll be doing things at the Library with them. It's lots of fun but rather tiring by the end of the session.

More snow is predicted for the weekend around here. I am a bit concerned because it will be on top of our 1/4" of glare ice and will make walking tricky. I guess Harry will not have a car "outing" for a few days. I must admit I'm tired of chopping ice.

I was over whelmed at the Superstore yesterday and basically shopped just the produce, fish and meat! It's huge! I forgot my pedometer, alas. We did have mussels for dinner last night - excellent! - and I stopped at two pieces of ww toasted baguette.

This morning I need to set up H's meds, package some stew that burbled away in the slow cooker all day yesterday and make some Coquilles St. Jacques with my bargain scallops from my shop. I may ask Liz and her family for dinner tonight. I got a gorgeous prime rib yesterday and it seems a shame to freeze and save it rather than roast it fresh. It's not strictly OP but I'll avoid the gravy and roasted potatoes.

I'd better get cracking. Harry is up, dressed and has finished breakfast and I'm still in my robe! Shocking!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Oh, Ellis! How awful! And it certainly was a *****y cold night last night! I'm glad you are OK - remember it's only a tire! I'm looking north east and will watch for smoke over the city later this morning when you email.
Damned potholes! That's been a huge problem in Ottawa since Charlotte Whitton's day.
Don't let it crap up your day! (((Ellis)))
Old 03-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis... What a horrid night! Glad y'all are ok though.

Ruth...I'm really not feeling any better. I am tryin to rise above it. If I could get rid of the heartburn and nausea I would be fine! lol Oh well I'm clueless!

DD just left so I am off to get my morning started.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #7  

Thank you, Ruth. I'm going to cc my email to you, if you don't mind. The City gets their knickers in a knot when they see you've cc'd complaints to people they don't know. They think you're on to your lawyer.
Coquilles St. Jacques! Oh, how wicked! I haven't made that for years... I'm drooling!!
Those superstores are something, aren't they. I met a friend at one yesterday. We had lunch there, did our grocery shopping, then bought stuff from the houseware section. We could have also taken a cooking class, and worked out at the gym on the second floor.

Oh, Bamie... what a crock. You must feel just miserable. I know how horrible heartburn can be.

Where the hoodle doo is everyone?
Old 03-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #8  

Ellis Glad that you and DH are okay- sounds like a major pain in the butt! It stinks too that you were looking forward to your WW meeting. I am curious to hear more about how you are combining the two plans. I really like WW and find it more convenient to follow than SBD. BUT, I love how SBD makes me feel once I get through the first two weeks.

Nothing to report here- heading to a friend's house in a bit to watch her son and niece while she gets her hair done. DD is thrilled, she has been stuck with me for the last two days!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #9  

Thanks, Karen.
Ummm... WW and South Beach? Well, DH and I did South Beach for about six months (had good success on it until my Dad became ill, and it was all downhill from there on in ), but I really needed the accountability of being weighed by someone else.
I guess what we've done is we've taken everything we learned while on South Beach (good carb vs bad carbs, more veggies, less sugar, etc), and combined it with tracking our points. I think it's probably like being on Phase III, but with definite limits.
I find I'm eating a lot more veggies (because they're mostly free!), am careful about my sugar consumption, am eating more fruit (I used to eat about two pieces a month!), and I'm more selective about my breads and other higher-carb foods (I eat only high fibre stuff now).
It's working for us!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Wow I'm feeling much better these days. I tried switching a med that I take from an AM dose to a noon dose. Needless to say the past two weeks have been miserable! I finally switched it back to an AM dose and I'm doing mucho better. Hate messing with meds that mess with your hormones.

Ellis - Holy Smokies You know in Michigan we can file a claim with the City to reimburse us for the damage to our cars from pot holes. Try it. You wouldn't believe how fast they get on those pot holes. Especially when they are in the rizty side of town where everyone drives VERY expensive cars. Glad you guys are ok!

Ruth - I LOVE mussels! What do you dip them in? We use equal parts of mayo and FF unflavored yogurt, and then chop fresh cilantro leaves and add them in. YUM! You know just the phrase "bargain scallops" is scaring me.

Bami - Hang in there sweetie - and call your doctor and tell him that constant heartburn is NOT NORMAL and they need to figure something out. Sometimes we have to be a pain in the bu** to get the healthcare we deserve. Isn't that pathetic?

Kiko - Have Fun!

Cottage - I haven't seen those SBD entrees yet. But I've been reading the book Fast Food Nation (somebody recommended it after I watched the Documentary - Super Size Me) and I'm getting afraid to eat anything. This is a whole world I didn't know existed. Let me know how pure the SBD entrees look.

I'm getting my hair done today at 1pm! I waited too long to call her because of the bully Dave Ramsey and his budget system and then when I did call her she was leaving for two weeks vacation. So needless to say I have grey roots that are abount a 1/2 - 3/4 inch long. Very attractive. But for now I better scoot because I'm only working 1/2 a day.

Last edited by anchor weight; 03-11-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Anchor, I do "moules marinière" which means steaming them with onion, thyme and white wine. Then we eat them with toasted crusty bread. Yummy! The "bargain" scallops were just a special promo - not to worry!

Kiko, sounds like both you and DD will enjoy the break. Cabin fever, maybe?

My day is not going well at teh moment but will improve! Harry had a "Code Brown" so we're recovering from that. The joys of eldercare!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #12  

Oh, Ruth. You're such a fine person. Sending you love and hugs...

Oh, Amy... I'm so glad you got your meds sorted out! That is so miserable, hon.
Hmmm... I'll check into "suing the city". I thought I'd broken the damned axel!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #13  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking

Good Morning! The sun is shining the world is wonderful. I am in a awesome mood today!!! Anyway, Boss's going away luncheon is today at Texas Roadhouse so I shouldn't have problem with the OP stuff! (guess who picked the restaurant ) Anyway, hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone! Just getting to my first cup of coffee.
My DBF woke me up this morning with his yelling. It seems that MY wool coat fell off the coat rack & my cat peed on my coat! By the time I get out of bed, I see my naked boyfriend (he was getting ready to jump in the shower) coming towards me holding my cat. He put the cat in his litter box & since the cat is in mid-pee he gets kitty litter & pee EVERYWHERE!!! SO...I've been cleaning & I dropped my coat off at the dry cleaners. The lady there looked at me like I was the most disgusting person she has ever met! Stupid cat!
Ellis -sorry about your car! I hate those darn pot holes!!
Ruth - can I come over for dinner?! Mussels are soooo good!I promise not to bring the cat!
Anchor - enjoy your hair appt!
Bamie - hope you feel better soon!!
I have to get going...I have some cleaning to do! Have a great day!!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey chicks a quick lil drive by for me. The doctors office did call this morning to see how I was doing. I told her fine from the procedure but I was still havin the HB/N so she said call back after noon today to see if they found anything in my biopsy. After talkin with DH lastnight he said that the doc said there was mild irritation in my stomach. Who knows what that means! Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this very soon because nothing will help the heartburn. My DS said to drink 2 tbs. of dill pickle juice so I am fixin to try that. Desperate times call for desperate measures! LOL

Amy...I am on DH's budget and have long roots myself! I think I'll run out and get me some color and do my hair.

Soon2bfab...That is a pretty funny story! Cloe is so cute!

Hunny...I want a steak! lol Have fun!

Kiko...Enjoy the day! Sounds like DD will! lol

It seems slow in here today. Where is everyone? Mamacita has been MIA for a while now along with several others! Y'all chicks get back in here. Do you need a life preserver? We'll throw one out to ya! lol
Closed Thread