Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Lightbulb yadda yadda yadda #1

I see these other boards with chat threads that go on FOREVER...I wonder why ours fizzle out so soon? I think it's easier to have a thread for whatever rather than to post a new thread anytime there's something new to talk about. But that's just me...

Big leaps and bounds in my life today...not only did I take the day off from work (only the third sick day I have ever taken since I started working when I was 16), but I have officially taken on a second job. That's right, you're reading the post of a new Ruby Tuesday SPG (their term for hostess--Smiling People Greeter...how incredibly cheesy is that?! ). Since I only work till 2 at my full-time job, I'll be hostessing a few nights a week (hopefully only Monday-Thursday and no weekends...that's what I put for my availability, but I know if they asked me to work a weekend, I would probably say yes cuz I'm just too damn nice!). I worked at a Ruby Tuesday my last year of college, so hopefully I won't have to spend much time training. It should give me the opportunity to not only pocket a few extra bucks each week (gotta love getting paid in cash), but also to meet some people my age in the area. It's just so perfect--I thought they would look at me like I had 6 heads when I said I didn't want to work weekends, but apparently 2 of their SPGs just quit last week, so they really need people for just about anytime. Now, I'm not sure if I believe in any real religion or God, but I do sometimes feel that things happen for a reason, and this is just a little too perfect to be purely coincidental, so I have a very good feeling about this! (Thankfully, they also have a kick *** salad bar, so I will be able to stay OP even if I have to eat dinner at work!)

So how's everybody else's lives in general? I know we all do a lot of things more interesting than dieting (that was apparent from some of the responses in the 4 Truth, 1 Lie game!). Hope everyone's having a great day--the weekend's almost here!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 02:57 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Big leaps and bounds in my life today...not only did I take the day off from work (only the third sick day I have ever taken since I started working when I was 16), but I have officially taken on a second job. That's right, you're reading the post of a new Ruby Tuesday SPG (their term for hostess--Smiling People Greeter...how incredibly cheesy is that?! ).So how's everybody else's lives in general? Hope everyone's having a great day--the weekend's almost here!!!
Congrats on the new job. Is that restaurant named after the Rolling Stones' song?

I'm thrilled the weekend is here. What a long week! I was so stressed out by all the stuff happening at work (new client, and lots of calls and calling on his behalf). He only speaks Spanish too, so we have to arrange for translators to go with my boss whenever he sees him.

We had such a cold spell these past couple of days too. Freezing my tuchus off. I'm originally from Northern Calif and used to 75 degree weather (which is the temp in SF today, btw). When it gets to 2 degrees with the windchill, well, brrrr, I'm in 10 layers and wool socks.

We have a botanic garden near us that we walk to in the spring, and I can't wait until we can start going again. I'm tired of being cooped up.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:37 PM   #3  

I have to admit that dieting is a very important aspect of my life these days. Aside from weight loss activities; some positive signs for my carrer. I have a few job interviews scheduled for next week…..so all the applications i made within past two months are finally paying off. Even if i still have a job for now there’s not much to do these days as the company is for sale.

Since my parents are off to their Florida Condo until end of March, i get to stay in their Montreal Suburbs house. Much more quiet than my downtown apartment. I also appreciate the fireplace. I also have much more room to cook. (my apartment has a 1 sq.ft counter) I’m trying new recipes. Last Sunday I made a Shrimps sauté that was just great.

Temperature here does not makes us think that spring is only 2 weeks away. We had an average of 0 Faranheit and lots of snow over past few days.

If things work out well with my carrer, I’d like to buy a bike for the summer. Since I’m still around 260, I need to get something solid.. My previous one was always broken.

Speaking of spending, I bought tickets to the Sarah Maclachlan Montreal concert next may. I know it is completely irrational to spend a 100$ for two tickets with so many uncertainties regarding my job; but I like her very much. Furthermore, past two months were quite difficult for me professionally speaking. I also have a friend who went to a burn-out at the same time. In order to get some positive stuff in our lives, I invited her to the show….See there is some rationale in this after all!!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

Marge--I really have no idea where the name of the restaurant came from. It doesn't even talk about it in the "history" section of their website! As for the coooold weather, I'm not sure what the temp has been here today, but I do know that when I was out and about earlier, it was flurrying. Not heavy snow, but snow nonetheless...spring needs to hurry up and get here so I can go walking!

frenchie--good job on buying the concert tickets! We all need to splurge on ourselves once in a while, and buying one for a friend who's been down in the dumps is such a nice thing to do. I also think you need to come cook for me...I have more than 1 sq. foot of counterspace, but I'm still not much of a cook!

Well, time to clean up the apartment, do the laundry, and do the dishes...good thing I took the day off from work to rest!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've been super busy and PMSing on top of everything else. Witch finally showed up today after threatening me for a week. But at least I know that's the culprit for my mood so I'm feeling loads better.

I've got to finish laundry and pack for 5 people for a one night stay in a town about 7 hours away for my best friends 30th birthday. As much hard work as it is going to be to get ready for it, I'm sure we'll still have fun. My friend has a table reserved at her local bar and her mom is going to keep all the kiddos.

My mom is now sick with whatever William had so she's been feeling puny. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon. Jeff has my durango at work today getting the oil changed. I'm hoping that will fix the sputtering of the engine and get the engine light to turn off.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Wow Jill how many pieces of flair do you have to wear. (Have to be a fan of the movie Office Space to get that). Anyway glad to hear you found a way to make some extra cash.

Shrimp does sound good Frenchie. I have a friend that is going to give me a real nice schiwnn bike. His dad gave him his old recombant bike so he is going to give me his bike.

Speaking of cold we have been having some cold tempatures here also. I just found out yesterday that next week I will be going to Ft Lauderdale FL on a business trip. Ahhh 80 degrees and sunny. I can't wait. Kimberley is really jealous that I get to go but thats life. LOL. It may only be a one day trip but even if I only get to enjoy the tempatures for an hour it will be worth it.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #7  
missaprylj

My sister is coming to town this weekend, so I'm pretty much hyped up about that right now! Other than homework and babysitting, not a whole lot going on...

Sorry this is so short, but I really don't know what to say! have a great weekend everyone!

Old 03-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Apryl, did your letter get published in the paper? You may have already mentioned this, but I didn't see anything about it.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Jill - I always did wonder why there wasn't just a thread to talk about life.. not just dieting. Spending your day off work cleaning? That doesn't really sound like too much fun... but.. want to come clean mine too?

My life is generally really boring. I accept this, and don't really do much to change that.. so I can't complain. However! On Saturday I am cutting my hair all off, I have been planning this for a few months.. just waiting for the right time, and cash. My hair is currently the the middle of my back, and I'll probably cut it to just above my shoulders, with some funky bangs

Ah yes, spring. I'm sorry you all aren't out here, it's so warm.. apparently the high today was 19 degree C.. and no rain. I love it. But the rain will come soon.

Alrighty, good idea Jill.. hope it catchs on..

-Aimee
Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

Aimee, how's things on the job front? Have you applied to any new ones since the big management blow-up??

howie, I SOOO love Office Space...excellent movie (which I own)! We're not allowed to wer any "flair" aside from the little gold "wow" pins we get when we do something really well (I have about 10 of those from the last time I worked there ).

barbygirl, as much as we all hate TOM, isn't it nice when it finally arrives--like a sigh of relief from the mood swings and chocolate cravings...strange but true

Well, I'm here at work again today, praying I won't have to work late since we have a deadline of close-of-business (5pm) today. I hate working late on Fridays cuz it cuts into my Jill+Jeff time (since he gets to my place about 4). *sigh* Of course I will work late if I have to because I'm a big wuss and can't say no oooooh well. Hope everyone else is having a better start to their day (I came in to a PILE of papers on my chair)!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchiepolarbear
I have to admit that dieting is a very important aspect of my life these days. Aside from weight loss activities; some positive signs for my carrer. I have a few job interviews scheduled for next week…..so all the applications i made within past two months are finally paying off. Even if i still have a job for now there’s not much to do these days as the company is for sale.!!
I know what you mean about the diet. Rob says I'm obsessing, ha. So, I'm going to calm down for a while. Good luck with the job search.

I also appreciate the fireplace. I also have much more room to cook. (my apartment has a 1 sq.ft counter) I’m trying new recipes. Last Sunday I made a Shrimps sauté that was just great.[/QUOTE]

You have counter space?? our kitchen here in Brooklyn is so tiny. Can't wait to have a bigger place. One of these days.... A big kitchen *and* a fireplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchiepolarbear
I bought tickets to the Sarah Maclachlan Montreal concert next may. I also have a friend who went to a burn-out at the same time. In order to get some positive stuff in our lives, I invited her to the show….See there is some rationale in this after all!!
that should be great. enjoy!

Dawnyal, enjoy the party. I hear you re: PMS. I've always meant to try one of those over the counter pills that say they relieve the symptoms but never have. I think Pamprin has one. (sorry guys!) I can really have big time mood swings during the month.

Howie, I can't even envision 80 degrees and palm trees right now! Lucky you.

Aimee, I have to admit I've had basically the same haircut give or take a trim for the past several years. Slightly different colors maybe, but same haircut. I like having shorter hair for the spring and summer. For years I wore it super short. When I finally started growing it long again I had to go through this period of horrible looking hair. One of the things I plan to do when I get to goal weight is to pick a fancy salon in Manhattan and get a great haircut and color.

Apryl, enjoy your sister's visit. My sister lives in Calif, so I don't see her very often.

Jill, hope you get out of there and get in lots of Jeff/Jill time. I'm the same way, if my boss needs anything. He calls me off hours all the time. He's had a heck of a year this past year too, and yesterday his car window was smashed and his cell phone stolen.

Today is no work and I'm taking a "spa day". Yesterday, I ended the evening with a semi-migraine so the computer gets shut off early. We'll go out to Indian food, enjoy the wet and slush and cold wind (not). Maybe rent a movie, read. I wanted to try making a dish I found at this site with chickpeas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #12  

Marge - I haven't really ever dyed my hair, I love my own colour! I once went red, good lord, it looked SO bad I washed my hair 4 + times a day to get it out. Oh New York, I would kill to go there. I've almost convinced my boyfriend he wants to go... not quite though. I'll have a better time convincing him to go to Las Vegas... I'll take it!

Jill - Nothing new on the job thing, I am planning to go apply for some jobs on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday (I have to switch a shift at work first), I have a few places picked out. Everyone is just pretending like nothing happened, I don't know if thats good or bad yet... makes things easier, but I have so much I want to say.

I attempted to go shopping today, I bought hair gel. I found a realllllly nice pair of franco sarto pointy-toe heels, they were really comfy, just not in my price range... considering I would only wear them out (and I rarely go out). There is nothing like a sexy pair of heels though. I guess I should get ready for work.. I hate working Friday's, coming home on the skytrain is kinda freaky... there are too many horror stories of people being stabbed, robbed.. I'm too innocent for that stuff! Have a great night all

-Aimee
Old 03-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #13  
missaprylj

Yep, my article did get published, and I've gotten rave reviews.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #14  

So I cut all my hair off... from the middle of my back to just barely touching my shoulders... the hair stylist was in a little shock, because I asked her to cut it all off. I guess people don't normally do that she was saying, oh well, it feels good! I will be interested to see how it goes after I shower and style it on my own. I didn't get the bangs I wanted, but thats alright I also went power shopping .. 4 hours in the mall.. partly I was waiting for a "friend" who never showed up or called. I bought 2 new shirts, a magazine, drink, and ceramic flat iron.. all for 60 bucks! It's hard to shop sometimes, I couldn't find the purse I wanted, or the shoes I wanted either.. and the cardigan I wanted had a huge rip in it and would have cost me like 15 bucks to fix, and they would only give me 7 bucks off the price! I'm just babbling.. shopping alone was pretty damn boring.. on the plus side, since my friend didn't show I had to walk home, 2 km's up a huge fricking mountain! Alrighty.. I'm done..

-Aimee
Old 03-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #15  
Eating for two!

Congrats on cutting the hair! I used to have REALLY long hair (like, it would sometimes get caught in the waist of my pants in the back, had to make sure I pulled it forward when I used the toilet, etc.), and then I randomly chopped it to about shoulder-length and angled in the front. I didn't ask or tell anyone I was chopping it, just did it and surprised everyone. Actually, I wore my hair up when I went back to my apartment, so my 5 roommates didn't even notice until I pulled it down and shook my head and there was nothing there! It was awesome, though...I don't think I have ever gotten more compliments in my life. I did miss the fun I had with my long hair, though (could do so much more with braiding and twisting and blah blah blah), but it was much easier to manage. Now my hair is almost to the bottom of my shoulder blades (just above mid-back), and I'm thinking of cutting it again, but this time, ABOVE the shoulders I may wait until I have lost about 20 pounds, though, and use the haircut as my reward

Well, I start my Ruby Tuesday restaurant re-training tomorrow right after work (from one job straight to the other--I'm so excited to be busy again!). Since it has been more than 6 months since I last worked there, I have to train all over again, but it should be pretty quick and painless. I don't think the girl who called me to come in for training realized that I had worked there before since she described the uniform in extensive detail to me even though I already knew what it was. It'll be fun, though...like when I was in college and worked at a movie theater at home during breaks. I remember every time I started working during Christmas or summer break, the people who were hired while I was gone would think I was new and would try to show me how to do stuff and then got all embarassed when I actually corrected them. Oh, it was so fun That was the greatest place to work if you enjoy making people feel like idiots. Like if I was selling tickets and someone would ask me what time it was, would I look at my watch or at the computer screen in front of me? Oh noo, that wouldn't be any fun. No, I would turn around and look at the BIG RED DIGITAL CLOCK located on the sign right next to the movie time listings. I know, I'm mean, but you have to admit, it's kinda fun

Alright, enough for now. Time to shower and get dressed (since it's almost 2 in the afternoon) and enjoy the rest of my anniversary with Jeff. Hope everyone's haveing a great weekend and will be ready to start the week off with a bang!
Closed Thread