General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #1  

Default Skin?

Not sure if this has been gone over yet or not...
But what will happen to the skin that I have before when I was fat once I lose my tummy? Will I have saggy skin or will it firm up over some time? This is really starting to worry me because I don't want my flesh to be a baggy. Help!!!
KandyJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:17 AM   #2  

Also I if this might help. I just hit 200 at new years and now am 182. So is the skin still strechy enough to go to a smaller size or maybe some kind of workout that I could do to make my skin tighter?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

There are many threads on loose skin. It depends on a few different things, really.
If you are exercising regularly that will help. If the muscles are in shape under the skin it will improve the appearance.

Second is heredity. Some people can lose 80 pounds and their skin looks great-others have a touch of extra skin after losing 30.

Body shape is also a factor. You will tend to have a little extra skin MORE in the places you carried most of your weight when you were your heaviest. If you were mostly belly-then it will be there. If you had heavy arms-it will be there instead, etc.

For most people losing 20-30 pounds doesn't give them much of a problem. It is when you get into the 50+ pounds where you start noticing it a little. By the time I get to goal I will have lost well over that-and while I have a little extra skin in the upper arm and lower ab area, it's not extreme enough for me to do anything drastic about it. On the other hand, there are some members here who have lost 100+ and have had extra skin surgically removed. It is a personal decision.

I am not sure wiht the information that you gave where you fall in this category.

My advice is to exercise (cardio exercise of some sort for fat loss, and strength training of some sort like weights or Pilates for muscle shaping) and to use skin cream after you shower religiously. Keeping the skin massaged and hydrated will help out the appearance as well.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #4  

Well, when I'm done I'm hoping to have lost 80lbs, after loosing 50
. So I'm sure there would be skin where my upper arms and tummy was. But thank you for the advice. I haven't been able to run around here cause it keeps snowing. : (

Also I don't know if it might help but I never looked more than 160lbs but that's cause all the fat was there when I'd puff my tummy out. I hopefully I'll be fine. ^^

Once again thank you for your help.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Here is a FAQ in the Maintainers forum about this subject...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #6  

Well... according that that I should be fine. I'm 19 and only have been this high in weight since last year. *is happy*

But I used to smoke cloves all the time, so I dunno. : (
And I've been loosing like a pound a day so.... yeah....

Mix problems! : (

I've been also worried about my boobs since they are DD+ and will get smaller.
: /
Old 03-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyJill
I've been also worried about my boobs since they are DD+ and will get smaller.
: /
Speaking as a former DD cup...if they do get smaller - count your blessings.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:16 AM   #8  

Oh, I always wanted size C.
But I think it was the Polish gene, I'm 100% and all the girls in my family has had natural big boobs. Except on who couldn't gain weigh. She was 98lbs before she got preggers. Then she was able to hold a weight of 111lbs after she gave birth to the baby.