Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default What Do U Use To Track Your Points?

I'm starting weight watchers again, but I have no room left in my tracker that I got with the program, so I was wondering what everyone else uses to track their points??
Old 03-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I use a small journal or notebook that fits in my purse or briefcase. I find that if I use the paper one they provide I have a tendency to forget it or lose it

I usually pick them up at the dollar store.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I usually use a piece of paper during the day and then transfer it to my computer journal I use. I used to just have a computer journal in Excel before I signed up for e-tools.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #4  

Default Flowered Journal

A small lined journal that fits in my purse works great. I use a new page for each day.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #5  
Chunky Monkey!

I have the software downloaded to my pocket pc that I keep my log on!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #6  
I WILL get in a bikini!

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I just use a small notepad or note book (about 4 or 5 inches tall) that I keep in my purse, then use a computer program to track myself. That way, I can idintify my weakness as well as my strengths. For example, I can see on one page that I really need to start eating more veggies, and cut out some of the junkie foods... or I need to drink more milk, so cut out the coffe or tea... or, I could have had ice cream that day if I just hadn't had the cake.. It works great, but you really have to be dedicated to make sure your writting everything in the computer EVERYDAY. It just doesn't work if you say, "I'll just do it at the end of the week and put it all in, then check" because 9 times out of 10, it won't get done..lol
-Tiffany
Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #7  
What we think, we become.

I use e tools that I downloaded the on the go program to my palm pilot. I REALLY like it. I use to write everything down but for me it seemed like drudgery. I enjoy putting stuff in my palm. It is quick, easy, private and pretty accurate because I use it religiously. It does cost a little but to me it is worth it. I don't spend a lot on myself so it is my "treat" for being good to myself.

There are a lot of free programs where you can input your data and it keeps track for you though on the computer if you do a search.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 03-17-2005 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Link to Copyrighted WW materials not allowed
Old 03-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #8  

I use the WW points bracelet and Love it. It really helps me keep track of my daily points.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:32 AM   #9  
on my way down!

I use the sheet given to me every week at my weigh in...im not very organised so if i started a book i would forget it or something...if i forget my sheet i write it on anything i can find really!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #10  

I buy the booklet at meetings that holds 12 weeks worth of entries. I like it because I can see what exactly has happened in a specific week and look back at previous weeks to see what worked. I have been Lifetime since Nov. 2004, gained a couple of pounds recently but am still within my range.

I was planningon a nice long workout at the Y today. Then I had to rush out of work to pick up my daughter who was throwing up in the school nurse's office. Now she is in bed, high fever, no more vomiting. So hopefully I'll make it out to exercise once DH gets home.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #11  

stacey, what is the ww bracelet... it sounds interesting
Old 03-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Elana- hope your daughter is feeling better!

grraccoon - a points bracelet is a bead bracelet with a charm on it, each bead represents a point and you move the charm around the bracelet to count your points throughout the day. It is a fun way to count your points, especially if you are not good at writing things down.

They were available at some meetings last year but I am not sure if they are selling them anymore.

You can always make one for yourself by buying the materials at a local craft or bead store of even the local dollar store.

This was posted a while ago by houndlvr:

directions -

I buy ultra thin fishing line OR jewelry wire.
One lobster clasp (gold or silver)
One charm (gold or silver) with a jump ring
2 "fancy" beads made of silver or gold
6 "pearls" 8mm
20 crystal glass beads - 8mm
One toggle (ring and bar)

Start by wrapping the wire around the "round" toggle 2-3 times.
Next put on the fancy bead.
Then a pearl, then 4 beads, then a pearl, 4 beads, etc until all the pearls and beads are used. Next put on the other fancy gold bead.
Wrap the wire or fishing line around the "bar" toggle 2-3 times.
I also put the extra end of fishing line through beads at the end for security.

Lastly, hook your charm on the lobster claw.

Depending on how fancy you want to go you can spend $4 or $40.
The above bracelet is for 26 pts. Add more beads for 30+ points.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #13  

THank you so much... this will really help... I have a horrible time with writing down my points and I have to re-count my daily points about a million times a day so I don't go over... plus it is a nice visual reminder
Old 04-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #14  

Question points bracelet

Hi everyone
I'm intrigued by this Points Bracelet, as it sounds like a really cool idea, and I've never seen anything like it here in New Zealand.
I'm having trouble visualising the finished bracelet, and how it works. Does anyone have a detailed photo of the Points Bracelet that they could send me so I can see and understand how to put one together? I'd really love it if someone could oblige!
Many thanks
Rachel
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

I like that idea... I don't really know with much detail how WW works. but the bracelet sounds like a good idea for anyone trying to lose weight... Someone mentioned on a nother thread about moving the charm by pounds and not by points... It sounds like a good idea. I might try that...
Closed Thread