Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#30)

Sherry
03-09-2005, 07:02 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/snake

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
03-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Shelley....I agree with Ramona. The doctor just wants to be sure that it's nothing serious. I know it's going to be hard but please don't worry about this and make yourself sick. You're in my thoughts and prayers. :angel: Love you! BTW: WTG on another 1/2 lb! You skinny floozie!!!

Ramona....I hope everyone there is feeling better!

Got to get ready for work.....Have a great OP day all! I hope to see lots of posts when I get home....:D

4myloves
03-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Shelley--TRY not to worry. I know that's impossible, but just remember what Ramona and Sherry said. Also, remember that we are all here for you. We love you!

Sherry, yep, it has been awfully quiet around here lately. What's up with that? It's w-e-i-r-d....... I am puzzled as to how WW could be causing your pain. Hmmmmm.....You're keeping track of what you eat, have you gone back and seen if there's a WW "staple" food that you normally don't eat. Maybe you're allergic to some kind of sugar substitute? I dunno, but I hope you figure it out!

Janice, I know what you mean about not having much going on! My life is dull, dull, dull right now! It's tough to post when there's nothing to say :)

Ramona, sweetie, I hope you all get to feeling better soon. We have a lot of folks sick over in the northeast part of the state, too. Luckily I've managed to avoid it so far this season. I hope I keep on avoiding it!!

Gayle, I hope you're lurking! I miss you!

Dee, hope you're keeping those beach sands warm. I miss you, too!!

Hey to Krystal (newbie!!), Vicky, Mary, Carol (hope you're doing better!!!!), Debbie, and all my other Floozie pals!

stumbleine
03-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Good Morning Floozies! I agree, I've been lurking here for a while before I signed up, and it has gotten awfully quiet - I hope I haven't scared anyone off! (just kidding)

This morning was my first weekly weigh in, and JOY of JOYS I'm down 3.5kg!!!! (That's 7.7lbs to you imperialists) I'm so excited and motivated by such a big loss, I'm sure it was the water weight I gained since I finished Atkins last year...but wow!

This week I'm hoping to exercise more, stick to my points (especially as there's a party coming up on Saturday) and lose some more padding! Yippee!!!

I'm off to update my ticker!

*krystal*

ShelleyM
03-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Yay, Krystal!! That's wonderful!! Keep up the great work.

Sherry
03-10-2005, 07:51 AM
WTG Krystal!! :cp: Happy of you!

Shelley...Are you feeling better about your test now? I hope so. I don't want you to worry yourself sick.

I wrote Gayle an email and haven't heard from her. Has anyone else?

Have a great OP day! ;)

ShelleyM
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
No, Sherry. I haven't heard from her. I hope she is okay.

gdeann
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
We had a family emergency come up last Thursday with my mom, I'll post later.

ShelleyM
03-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Gayle-If you can't post, please email me. I hope your mom is okay.

gdeann
03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry I was MIA, I will be leaving again but wanted to let you guys know what happened. Last Thursday, the 3rd, my mom had a heart attack and she was lifewatched to another city two hours away. Thank goodness she called me, she thought she had the flu.

She had three stints placed and was expecting a slow but promising recovery. On Monday the 7th, her heart had regular rhythm and they decided she could be dismissed. She was in the restroom with a nurse and collapsed on top of her with no pulse or blood pressure. Thank goodness the nurse could scream and finally reach the pull cord. Too make a long story short, they gave mom CPR for 1 hour (the priest was outside the door administering last rights) and went in for open heart surgery, from there she was in ICU for 3 days. The doctors prepared us on what to expect after 1 hour of CPR and seepage/bleeding from the heart. If she lived they expected some type of brain damage anywhere from short term memory loss to never being able to speak to us again. I resolved myself to mom would be on life support. Not this spunky lady! She is sitting up and talking! She remembers dates, times, people and is also able to retain information. I see some signs of confusion, but we will accept it, this is so much better then what we expected. The doctors told us after the surgery it will be a waiting game, now we need to see if there is kidney damage plus other things. Mom now has pneumonia in one lung and a small spot in the other, the doctors seem optimistic in treating it. She has a long road to go down, but with her determination things will work out for the best.

I'm home today, my brother is up with her, I will go back early Saturday. I needed a break plus I was missing our little one.
Through this, I was only able to see Allison just a few times. Liz has been coming up on her days off and Steve has tried to be with me most of the time. I keep telling him to go back to work, but he isn't listening.
I will update you when I get back home this next time.

BTW: My mom had an after life experience, the ICU nurse said you can see definite patterns in the stories she hears from the patients.

*** I had a wake up call ~~~ anyone not taking care of their health should spend a week on the cardiac critical care unit floor and a few days in ICU, our heart is more important then we realize. I never realized problems with the heart could lead too so many other health problems.

Love you guys, if nothing comes up with mom, I will try to check in later tonight.

4myloves
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
GAYLE!!!! Thank you for posting! Man, what a scary story. I'm SO GLAD your Mom is able to sit up, talk and recognize y'all. Yep--I'd be happy with that, I could live with a little confusion. I'm praying for her, you and your family...

Love, love, love,

Cheryl

DebbieA
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Gayle :love:

I am so thankful that your Mom is still with you. Man, how scarey is that? My thoughts and prayers are with her for a full recovery and with your whole family. I agree with you, we all take life and each day for granted. We should all live each day to the fullest. I know after James had his heart attack it sure opened my eyes to a lot of things.
Take care and keep us posted on her condition.
Hugs...deb

ShelleyM
03-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Gayle-I am praying that your mom makes a quick recovery. Sounds like she is starting to! Thank you so much for taking the time to post and I am sending love and hugs and prayers you way.

4myloves
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
All my Floozies, have a good week-end!

Cheryl

bootwoman
03-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Gayle, I hope you got my email. I read your post at work today, but I still can't post from there. I can't even express how your ordeal touched my heart. I cried and cried for you. Thank goodness your mother has such a strong will to survive. Please take care of your self and give your mom a hug from me. Let us hear from you when you have the time and the strength.
Love you much,
Ramona

Carol101
03-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Hello all. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Like several of you I have been very busy. I have had my own health issues, but am doing well now, my dad has been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. We almost lost him but thank god he is a stubborn man and refuses to leave us.

On top of that my brother bought mom & dad's farm 3 years ago and hasn't paid anything on their mortgage in a year. Mom and Dad are hurting for cash so thay had to forclosure on my brother. He is fighting it every step of the way. God I hate this, it is splitting the family and I am sure it will be very hard to recover from it down the road. Too many feelings are getting stomped on.

I am sorry I haven't been around to post. I just today logged on for the first time in at least 2 weeks. I spend most of my spare time at the hospital with Dad. He is still not good. We just go day to day with him not knowing what to expect.

On a bright note, my daughter is due to have her baby any day now. I am just waiting for that call. She is supposed to be having a girl and has already picked out the name of Karli Dawn.

Welcome to the newcomers. As I am sure you are finding out this is a great group of ladies. They are kind considerate and very supportive.

Krystal congrats on the loss!!!

Shelley. Hip Hip Hurrah for losing under you goal. You are an inspiration. I am sure everything will be fine after your biopsy. I had one a couple of years ago and it was nothing. Think happy thoughts!

Ramona: I too have let myself get out of the weight loss mode. I have managed to maintain all but 2 lbs that I lost while in the hospital so I guess that is a good thing. But I am going to have to get my mental state changed around or I will be gaining instead of losing.

Gayle: I definately can sympathize with all you are going through. I am praying for you and your mom. Here's to good health for all of us and our families!!

Sherry: You have been sick so much the last few months. I am praying for a speedy recovery. Love you.

Deb: How is James doing now?

I have missed all of you. I will try to do better at posting. I know I have missed some of you but I do love you ALL! Take Care and Hugs to everyone. It sounds like we all could use a group hug about now.

ShelleyM
03-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Carol-I'm sending prayers to you. I am having my own issues (although not health than God!) with my parents. They are on their way now to my house for us to go looking at houses. They are down to about 40 days before they have to move out of theirs. I really wish they would just reconsider and move in with us. It would be so much better for everyone.

bootwoman
03-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Carol, BLESS YOUR HEART!!!! I would say you have had your share of troubles and then some! I hope things start to look up for you soon and you can get back to normal.....whatever normal is for all of us!!! hahaha I'll be thinking of you and praying for you also.

ShelleyM
03-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Keep your fingers crossed. Mom and Dad saw a real nice condo that is 5.6 miles away from me. I decided to run to it today and back. It's a nice run. The person that is selling it just bought in Feb 25, and is turning around and selling it for $40,000.00 more than he bought it for. Isn't that amazing? It is 1900 square feet and very nice. My dad just hates the fact that the man is making such a profit in a matter of a month. It is an older one, but a very nicely kept up area. The maintenance fees are quite pricey, $300.00 per month, but that includes water, sewer, lawn, cable and insurance.

siamese
03-13-2005, 11:04 AM
hello!
im here!
i to lost my password and couldnt get in!after a lot of shuffling i got in!
well heres my update!
i had my surgery and it was a success!
i can see real good,i do hafta have laser surgery in 60-90 days for the cataract left a haze and they will shoot little holes in the lens it will correct the double vision in the eye!
its a painless surgery so im looking forward to it!
my eye gets a little strained its not used to all the colors,lol!
everythings so beautiful!
i seen a raindrop the other day!
i was so excited!
without the depth i could see the rain but could not focus on a raindrop.
i seen one!
my dd is beautiful havent seen her total face since she was 6.
i cought double pnemonia,never had that before,it hurt badly!
unfortunatly with everything i gained my weight back so im ready to be back on program,
i can exercise now!

corol, how's your dad?

gayle,im so sorry to hear of your mom!
yes it is a wake up call!
it effects so much,believe me i know!
prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!

sherry,wtg on pounds lost and staying op!

shelly,your doing great,at goal and still losing!
you rock!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEB!
sorry i missed it!

WELCOME KRYSTAL!
i love accents!
im so glad your here!
these are the best gals in the world!

mary,awesome weight loss!
how'd you do it?

ramona,
hows your back doing?

dee,hope your having fun!
how are you doing?

ill try to be more active,i have my password handy if my puter messes with me again!
love to all!
doni

Sherry
03-13-2005, 12:12 PM

I have been cleaning & washing all weekend. Trying to get everything done & ready for our trip to see Chris Thursday (through Sunday).

Gayle,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.Bless your heart! Is there anything I can do except pray? I wish I was closer to you to help out. Take care of Gayle too! Your family needs you as much as you need your Mom. I love you and give us an update soon!

Carol,
I'm also sorry to hear about your Dad. Are you taking care of yourself too? I guess we all need to sell our houses and move to one state so we can all be close and help out.Sound good? I haven't been that sick this year...It's just my hernia acting up right now. Please post again soon and let us know how your Dad is. He's in my prayers Carol.

Doni,
I've miss you and look forward to your posts. I'm glad you're doing well from surgery and able to see the beauty in things! :) Don't wait so long to poat again...miss you when you're MIA!

Dee...Are you home yet? Gosh I miss you!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Hello to everyone else....Got to get clothes out of dryer.......

BTW: My hiatal hernia hasn't hurt at all this week being off WW. I'm back on it tomorrow morning to see if it starts hurting again.

bootwoman
03-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Sherry, have a wonderful time on your trip to see Chris. Tell him I am very proud of him. We leave Wednesday morning for Ft. Sill. Dan arrives around 6:30 p.m. that evening and we get to spend that night and the next day with him. Looks like an exciting week for both of us!!!!

Shelley, I hope the condo works out for your folks. I know it will put your mind at ease to have them settled close to you.

Doni, glad you are doing well after your surgery. Looking forward to more posts now that you have your password again!

Love to all the other Floozies.....

Sherry
03-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Ramona...Have fun on your trip too!!! I know you're excited about seeing Dan. I know I am Chris! Can't wait to get my arms around him! My trip is 8-10 hours. What about yours?

Shelley...How did looking at the condo go? Are they going to get it??? I know you'll be so glad when they get settled in! especially if it's close to you!!

ShelleyM
03-14-2005, 05:55 AM
My parents made an offer on the condo! I hope it is accepted, because my dad, being the way he is, said he won't give them a penny more. We'll know by noon today.

Sherry-I'm so happy that you will be seeing Chris. Give him an extra hug and kiss for me.

Ramona-I know how happy you will be to see Dan. Have a great time with him.

Doni-I had no idea how bad your vision was. I am so glad that now you can see everything more clearly. It will only get better as time goes on. How is your hubby doing? I hope he is being good to you! You deserve it!

coles
03-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Shelley - I hope the offer goes through for your folks. It will give you peace of mind to have them close.
I work in a nursing home so I know how important it is to have family close by.
I have not been posting for a while as I got a new computer and it took me a while to get everything up and running.
Hello everyone!!
Janice

Deelite
03-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Hello Ladies I am home!!!! I missed visiting with each one of you. I am not going to post a long one because I am on my 7 load of laundry and trying to get everything put back to where it belongs. Reality has set in, just memories now.

I will post more soon. Love you all.

DEE

4myloves
03-14-2005, 05:16 PM
WELCOME HOME DEE, CAROL AND DONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Home to us, I mean!)

Ok, y'all. Twice now in the last two weeks I have been mistaken for the sister of a guy I used to date! UGH! I have GOT to lose weight--I can't stand this!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

stumbleine
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Morning ladies.
My heartfelt condolences go out to all of you going through tough times at the moment, this group is so inspiring I get all teary reading your posts! You're all such strong ladies with positive outlooks.

I've been going strong, trying to exercise as much as I can and stick to my points...it's all a journey.

Good luck everyone and keep on losing! :)

ShelleyM
03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, he turned down the offer, so now it's back to square 1. He won't budge on the price, and my dad won't give in. Oh well, I guess they weren't meant to get it.

Dee-Honey, I'm so glad you're home! You have been sorely missed. Please give us one of your wonderful accounts of what happened. I hope you are feeling much better from the sun, fun and relaxation.

Cheryl-You will do it! You have been doing great on the exercise part, and I'm sure the eating will all fall into place.

I am going to mentor my friend that is having a hard time keeping OP. She joined WW online this morning and is trying Core. I told her that I would help her as much as I can. She is the lady that works in the library (one of my best friends.) She has lost and gained and lost and gained just like all of us. She doesn't have time for meetings, so I am going to try to help her to stay OP. I'm sure she will do good.

bootwoman
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Welcome back Dee!!! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!!!!

Shelley, I'm sorry it didn't work out. Maybe they'll find something else very soon. Hang in there!!!

Sherry, our trip is about 6 hours. I know you are as excited as I am. When I get my hands on him, I may never let him go!!! Dan got to call on Sunday and he told me that he is wearing a size small shirt. When he left for Iraq, he was wearing an extra large....I hope I don't break him!!!! LOL

Love to all the Floozies. Gayle and Carol if you are reading this, I'm sending hugs your way.

I'm off to bed now. I had a really rough domestic abuse case today and I'm mentally drained. I'll try to post once more before we leave for Oklahoma........

ShelleyM
03-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Krystal-You are gorgeous!

Dad decided to give another offer. We'll see what happens.

My consultation is today, so I'm a bit nervous. I don't have to be there until 8:30, and I have been dressed and ready to go since 5:15.

stumbleine
03-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Aw shucks Shelley, you're too kind. :o
I hope your consultation goes well.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, I had Chinese food for dinner tonight! (Portion control, of course - beef in oyster sauce, mm mm!)

ShelleyM
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Okay, here's my report. I go in at 7:AM next Friday (Good Friday) to have the lump removed. They first put some kind a needle with a wire attached to it in my breast to find the exact spot for him to operate. They numb it up. Then I go in for the dr. to remove it. I am knocked out for that, but not when they do the needle thing. I am told it hurts like **** from someone who had it done. She even went to the same surgeon as I am going to. Anyway, I should be home by noon on that Friday. I have to be bandaged for 3 days. I won't be able to run for a week. I'll do anything not to have to go to my MIL's for Easter, won't I?LOL!!

Deelite
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Ramona I hope that you had a better day today. I give you credit for the job you do. It takes a special one to do it, and you are special.

Sherry how are you doing? You sound like your old self again. I know how you and Ramona feel about missing your boys. I haven't seen Dez in over two months. She is coming home tonight and will stay til sunday. I know that it is different that having her at war but as parents when we can't see our kids and bail them out when they need help we sure do miss them.

Gayle how is your mom doing? She is in my prayers. Hang in there, things will get better. I know that this is tough for you and your family.

Shelley how did your consultation go today? I hope that everything went ok and that you can stop worrying about it. So your Dad is putting another offer on the condo. Parents can surprise you. You didn't think that they would consider moving close to you or that he would make another offer. God moves in mysterious ways. I wanted to tell you too that you are so kind to mentor your friend with weight watchers. Maybe she would like to join us over here.

Carol how are you feeling? Are you back to feeling stronger and healthier? I hope so.

Doni I didn't know that you had such a problem with your vision. We just don't realize how important it is unless we don't have it.

Janice how do you like your new computer? I still have to get use to mine. I have only been on it a bit before we left for our trip. I do love it though. Is it feeling like spring, yet?

Cheryl let your feelings of dissapointment about your mistaken identity inspire you to lose. You can do it.

Krystal welcome to our group. Wonderful people here. Good luck on your weigh in. Remeber that chines food makes you retain fluid and you need to flush it out with lots of water so that you aren't dissapointed with your weigh in.

Debbie haven't seen much posting from you , how are you doing?

I hope that I didn't miss anyone. Sorry if I have. You can blame it on the drugs. I am sure hppy to be back home. Now I can rest. I did have a wonderful vacation and have a nice golden tan. Sure did miss you ladies. Well I am back so you can expect to see postings from me.

DEE

Deelite
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Shelley I just read your post. I know that it going to be rough and you will be scared. It will be over before you know it. We are all here for you. How big was the lump? Prayers are with you my friend.

stumbleine
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
My Week - Krystal

Date: Thursday, March 17, 2005 (St Paddy's Day!)
Week 2 WW@home

How was your week? I got a bit messy with the points counting, I guessed more than I should have. I drank a whole bottle of red to myself on Saturday, I know that wasn't the best of ideas, I've been breaking out ever since. I've been eating larger meals in the evening instead of in the morning like I normally do, that's just due to my partner's appetite mostly. I didn't do as much exercise as I wanted to this week, I think I might go to the doctor to get my Implanon checked, as it's been oddly tender for the past week and my TOM has been way too long. (Sorry for the overshare, it just kind of explains my effort or lack of this week!)

This week I lost : 0kg (That dang Chinese last night must have got me!)

My starting weight was: 110
My weight now: 106.5
My current goal is: 99
My goal weight is: 75

Exercise: One or two window shopping expeditions, a walk/jog, pushups (I did 2x10 reps, but only once, cause my muscles hurt for 2 days afterwards!)

I have been taking my measurements though:

Week One loss: 8.7cm
Week Two loss: 6.3cm (15cm total since starting WW)

That's enough to keep me motivated for the next week!

:D

Keep fighting the good fight!

*k*

Shelley - Hope it all goes well for you, gosh, how scary. We're all here for you!
Dee - Nice to meet you, hope to chat with you often.

Sherry
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM

I have packed and all ready to go see Chris!! I'm sooo tired! I need to post quick and get in the bed. We are leaving at 5:00am!

Shelley...You're in my prayers sweetie.I just know everything will come out good! Please try not to worry!

Gayle....How's your Mom? I'm worried about you Gayle. I know you're tired.

Carol.....How's your Dad? Are you able to work and rest?

Ramona....I'm so ecited about seeing Chris and the graduation ceremony! I'll tell you all about it when I get home.

Debbie....Are you feeling better? I'll call you when I get home.

Krystal....You are soooooooo pretty!!! I love your hair!

Dee...So glad you're home! I missed you so much!!

EVERYONE I DIDN'T POST TO: Love Ya...Take Care....Post soon! I can't wait to get back Sunday night and read them all!!!!

Going to start a new thread and hit the bed!!

Will miss ya! Love Ya!!! See Ya Sunday night!! :wave:

Sherry
03-16-2005, 11:33 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #31............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!! :coffee: