South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default New to South Beach

Hi. I am looking to lose about 20 pounds and have been researching south beach, and i have decided to give it a try. I was hoping to get any advice on how to maximize my results so that i can lose the weight as fast as possible. I currently exercise 4-6 times a week (60-75 minutes of running or the elliptical machine). Is non fat yogurt allowed in phase one, because I read that no dairy other than fat free cheese is allowed. Thank you for any advice you give!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

The food list in the book is not the most recently updated list. Check out the FAQ section for an updated food list. Non-fat plain yogurt is allowed on P1.

Regarding your desire to lost weight quickly:

Exercise is one of the biggest ways to drop the pounds. Make sure you're combining cardio and weights for it to be the most effective. Remember that this is a way of life change..not just a diet. If you lose the pounds too quickly, believe me, they'll come right back on even faster as soon as you start eating anything not on plan. Slow and steady is the way to do it and keep it off!

Good luck and say hi in the daily!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey WELCOME to the beach!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome! You may not lose as quickly as some of the others here if you only have 20 pounds to lose. Just stick closely to the program, though, and I'm sure you'll do well.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #6  

Welcome to the Beach! Let me just agree with what everyone else has said and add one more thing. You might be interested in adding resistance/toning or flexibility/toning exercises to your routine. You will really firm up and look like you have lost more weight than you have. As my Pain in the Butt instructor says: "It's only so many days until swimsuit season!"
Old 03-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #7  

Welcome
Old 03-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #8  
beachbum

Welcome to the beach Courtney

You'll like the SB way of eating. Its the healtiest plan out there. Just go to the up to date list on SB FAQ and you'll do fine. Hugs BB
Closed Thread