Support Groups - March Comes in like a Cow

View Full Version : March Comes in like a Cow

Kiwonk
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I just got tired of those 40 days and 40 nights. It seemed much longer than that, and it's not even over.

And FALSE to Wabbit's TPBM. I can listen to spring puttering patter endlessly. You see, I actually like this miserable snowy winter, which by the way is in full force today -- big storm out there right now, so I'm not really jealous, but I love hearing about it. Or perhaps I drank too much water today and I'm loopy.

What a gross mess I found in the mud room today when I went to put away some groceries. DH had stopped by Sam's Club last week and one of the things I asked him to get was a case of V-8. It had been sitting on the washer since Friday; DD and I both had pulled cans out, but I hadn't moved the pile of stuff yet. I figured today that I might not be able to put off the laundry any longer, so I put it all away. When I came to the flat of V-8, the cans were dirty on the bottom, and the box looked wet, so I cut it open and discovered that 2 cans had been smashed open by something and there was this bloom of mold growing between them. :fr: Yeccccccch! It didn't smell up the room or anything. About a quarter of the cans were dented. Nasty.

I'm such a Dud..... I just polished off a king size box of Milk Duds. Why oh why do I do this???? Well, don't feel too bad; I've been doing the same thing. I keep trying to do that Queen of the Beach challenge, but I keep having to start the week over because I just don't have any willpower.

The recipe I tried was a Chili recipe with steak and sausage. It was really good, although I went easy on the jalepeno and it didn't have any heat to it because of that (I'm the only one in this house who will eat hot stuff). Here's the recipe. Or, "place your mouse here and click" as Cowpern would say. (http://www.weta.org/everydayfood/episode05.php)

TPBM is glad she doesn't live in Maine.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Truish- It'd be one heck of a commute! But I'd love a summer place in Maine... the closer to B-town the better so I could go on yarn buying sprees with DD and paint the Marginal Way and visit the Alpacas SW of Kennebunk!!

DD skidded in Boston's white-out... but is OK. She says two SUV drivers sort of tailed her til she got off the hiway. I'm thinking they were wary of her and were keeping their distance. She, however, is an OPTIMIST, and thinks they were protecting her and making sure nothing worse happened. AND she's going to read up on Sno-plow ettiqutte: To pass or not to pass, and when. Those are the questions.

I only ate dinner today. I'd decided not to eat until I was hungry. It was 4:30 pm. Probably because I stayed home and was at the computer. I LOVE writing stuff on the computer. Funny how doing something not-so-fun makes me think I "ought" to have something to eat.

I hope this bit of awareness will last through whatever boring/challenging events march my way tomorrow.

TPBM eats her kids' Easter candy.

Kiwonk
03-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Never -- unless of course it is offered. But the rest of the bags of candy that didn't fit in the basket? Oh yeah, that's mine.

Glad your DD didn't hit anything. She is delightfully idealistic about the other drivers, but I have my doubts. Maybe here in TinyTown that might happen, doubtful in Boston. Snowplow etiquette? Always pass if it's safe! Trouble comes in when you have impatient people behind you -- I usually let them go first rather than take any risks.

We got about a foot of snow over the past day -- and it drifted like crazy. I have to include a very cool photo here.

TPBM is shivering after looking at this photo

I forgot to mention that that was taken out my kitchen window toward the lake, and the double line going across? That's my clothesline! At least 6 feet off the ground!

Kiwi

Wabby
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
No, I'm not shivering, but I bet you are. Another balmy day here in paradise. I looked out my window today to see a mama and papa bird building a nest in my birdhouse, our plum tree in full bloom, daffodils and a flowering magnolia bloomed out. I'd take a picture, but you'd send somebody out to hunt me down.

I have heartburn. I never get heartburn. It hurts. Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound of the abdomen to see if they can figure out why Aunt Flo's been visiting for 3 1/2 weeks now. I'm sure it has something to do with menopause. bleeeh.

DH is on my last nerve. I want him to do a simple house project. He keeps saying he'll do it, but he doesn't. If he doesn't want to do it, he should just say so, then I'd hire somebody, but he keeps insisting that he'll get to it soon. I'm thinking of going on strike.

TPBM always uses chopsticks at Chinese restaurants.

Kiwonk
03-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Nope, I always forget entirely about chopsticks, unless someone else mentions it. Then I use them. Except with the soup... :rofl:

Birds building nests! How quaint..and, I don't know, spring-like. :df: I live on another planet. :rolleyes:

My Martha Stewart chili gave me heartburn :hot:. And my DD is not happy that I changed my chili recipe anyway. She loves my regular recipe, so I guess I should stop experimenting. Today I experimented with my salmon recipe. Once again because of that diabolical Everyday Food. It was less than an unqualified success, I must say. Mine's better.

Wab, you must be making up for my having no visit from Auntie at all since January. This is the second time in 6 months that I've skipped. Got the crampy twinges anyway at the appropriate time, so I'm not especially impressed with the whole idea.

TPBM needs a good stretch. :sp:

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-10-2005, 02:57 AM
True. Missed my walk today and my feet are itchy again.
But seeing as how it is almost 1 am, I think I'll go to bed and stretch tomorrow.

Has anybody picked up The Fat Girls Guide to Life?
Lots of attitude... and pretty fine advice about having a life even if we're fat... rather than putting everything off "until" we are thin. She also gives up the idea of "goal"/perfect weight. And pointed out that the government and corporate America are invested in all of us fatties... because it is a billion dollar business (more or less). If Jenny Craig worked in TYPICAL situations, don't you think we'd all be getting thin? I mean, how many of US are all that "atypical"? And how come the USDA preferred to subsidize corn farmers instead of the national well-being when they decided to add high fructose corn syrup to just about everything?

And how stupid is our culture when thin people feel bad about their bodies, too?

I am learning to love my body which is perfect as it is... though it could use a little improvement.

TPBM writes limericks.

Wabby
03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Sometimes, but not today. Today I have on my favorite low heeled sandals that are super comfy.

Peachez, I saw that show. Dr. Phil was way off the mark with that one. I thought both spouses needed to share the blame. Sure, she's always cooking up new projects for him, but he could always say no. I think they both probably watch a little too much HGTV, with all their home improvement shows where entire homes are transformed in a half hour. The actual work involved is always 10x's as much as expected. The thing I want DH to take care of is 10 years ago we remodeled our bedroom. He did a beautiful job. Looks like new except he never put new baseboard molding up. A simple thing --- but it's been 10 flippin' years now and no baseboard in sight. He said "it's not like I haven't been busy lately" I said "for the last ten years???!!!!????? "

TPBM could have written the fat girls guide to life.

Kiwonk
03-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Hmm. I guess not; I never thought of myself as a fat girl, just overweight. I suppose that's their point, "fat girl" is a description--just like "wiry guy"--that doesn't have to be weighted (;) ) with negative connotations. "Overweight" obviously implies something wrong. But I can't change my perception anyway; I do think this is a problem and I wasn't fat as a girl, so the change is most definitely negative. It needs fixing. I guess I could write the overweight woman's guide to what not to do.

Dr. Phil should blow it out his shorts. He's probably just as bad about ever finishing home projects as they are. Wouldn't it be just hunky-dory if someone would fork over the dough to get all the projects done for us too? I always thought he was against living in a fantasy world :dunno:

I have nothing to say, which explains why I've only been ranting for a measly 2 paragraphs. It's a beautiful sunny day (which usually means my kitchen ceiling will start leaking) -- I should go out and do some snowshoeing. :sunny:

TPBM tried to make a snowman with the 1/2" of snow they got one year when she was 5. She got in trouble for getting her clothes all muddy.

Kiwi, who at age 5 was helping her brother make a giant snowfort in the front yard of their Mass. home and the mean boy down the block came over and stomped it

Kiwonk
03-11-2005, 04:22 PM
HEY! I hate answering my own posts! Get in here!

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I was 7 when we had the 1 snowfall of my childhood, and indeed we had to drive 20 miles for me to even see the white stuff on the ground. I had chickenpox at the time, so playing in the snow was never considered an option.

Wabby, have you read The Fat Girl's Guide to Life? I think I'll go get a drink and read some more. Her attitude is sassy enough that maybe I won't drive to CVS for (more) Cadbury Eggs.

And if I'm honest, I must confess I need to re-do my weight tracker. I'm heading in the wrong direction.... :dizzy: :dizzy:

Um... here's a colorful :devil: (and no doubt untrue) story regarding Dr. Phil:

Dr. Phil was conducting a session with four young mothers and their
small children.

"You all have obsessions," he observed.

To the first mother, he said, "You are obsessed with eating.

You've even named your daughter Candy."

He turned to the second mom. "Your obsession is with money.

Again, it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny."

He turns to the third mom. "Your obsession is alcohol.

This too, manifests itself in your child's name, Brandy."

At that point, the fourth mother got up, took her little boy by the
hand and whispered,

"Come on Dick, we're leaving".

TPBM has a child name Solomon...
do you think it's about IQ or fish?

Kiwonk
03-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I'll bite :dizzy: -- why fish?

Oh, and false. I don't think I've ever even met anyone named Solomon. But the name is starting to grow on me. I have a nephew named Cameron. Not that that's anything like Solomon, although it is also 3 syllables and ends with on.

We just came back from the local hospital's annual variety show. It was long and uneven. Very odd assortment of entertainment. Amidst all the local talent, they had a student string quartet from a town an hour north of here play. They were excellent; I totally enjoyed the first 2 pieces they played. I thought the 3rd, while good, was pushing the attention span of the audience. Then they played a 4th. Then they switched 2 of the musicians and one of them played a flute part for a fifth song. Then they informed us that the next piece had a slight break in the middle while everybody turned their pages. :shrug: AND STILL THEY WERE NOT DONE! Seven. Seven classical string pieces in the middle of a hospital variety show, otherwise consisting of a questionable but lovable barbershop choir, various ladies of a certain age singing various forgettable songs while wearing various black glittery tops, a few men doing humor, alternately medical and "local" in nature, teenagers dancing, an over the top family of "hillbillies" lip-syncing to "Papa Played Bass", and the finale, numerous participants of both sexes dressed in black pantyhose and garbage bags ("The Prunes") dancing to "I Heard It Through the Grapevine". Now where exactly does the 30 minute string quartet recital fit into all this?

As interestingly eclectic as it all was, I much preferred the high school variety show.

TPBM likes shredding things.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-12-2005, 01:11 AM
just wanted to put up this url; it has a list of really good motivational tips
Here Clicketh (http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=414&itemType=CONTENT&path=29)
:dance:

Kiwonk
03-12-2005, 01:52 PM
False. I had coffee.

No, she's going to take it in May, then the SAT IIs in June. How about DS?

I am also a blobbo. Mentally and physically.

TPBM wants a refund.

Kiwi

SugP
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
True. I'm wondering if they'll let me trade in this life for another one? Whatever in the world possessed me back then to give birth to one kid 4 days before dh's birthday and the other 7 days later? (no, not weird twins - three years apart). That's right, the annual Two Weeks of Birthdays from H*ll is officially over. ds9's birthday was Friday and he had his kids' party today. All SpongeBob, all the time. I may post pictures when I can stand up again. That's how tired I am. One of my kids was named after Kiwi's nephew, or vice versa. My parents' dachshund had the same name as Kiwi's half-sister and their husky shared Kiwi's name. Enough weirdness? No? Read on.

Umm...don't laugh, but this morning at 6 a.m. I woke to a violent buzzing in my ear. I swatted at the culprit, a smallish fly,from the sound of it, but I have this weird feeling that instead of flying away, it fly flew INTO my ear. I can't feel anything now but I'm still worried. Will they'll think I'm an idiot if I go to the doctor on Monday and make an appointment for him to look in my ear? If there's a fly in there, will it fall out on its own when it gets all dried up and crusty? Maybe I can develop another mysterious malady by then and use that as an excuse.

TPBM sleeps with earplugs

Kiwonk
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Frequently true. Although lately, not so much. DH got a new version of his cpap machine and it works better. For me at least. He claims to be waking up a lot, but the really important thing is that I don't have to wear earplugs to sleep.

Oh yeah, if there's a fly in your ear, I would not recommend wearing earplugs to bed. It puts me in mind of when DD goes to sleep with the cat in her room with the door closed. Much scratching in the middle of the night. :lol: I've always heard that if something flies into your ear, you should shine a flashlight in your ear, because insects are attractive to light. hee hee, sounds very silly, but it could work. Actually you should try flushing your ear with warm water if you have a bulby thing to do it with.

I needed more coffee this afternoon, so I made a pot of flavored coffee -- vanilla hazelnut -- just because I had some of the stuff. It's blecchy, although not so bad that I'm not drinking it.

TPBM drinks only flavored coffee.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
HURRAH!!!! THIS IS ALMOST TRUE!!! I LOVE THE FLAVOURED COFFEE AT THE JAVAMOOSE CAFE IN THE MARKET!!! Howevery i love Timmy's too which is not flavoured! i had a LONG week at work---the girl who worked in the shop that was there before mine now works for me---she comes in at two so i can go get ds from school and go HOME for the rest of the day====well ,this was the march break so she went skiiing so i was stuck there every day from nine to SIX and sometimes later----PLUS i have a crappy cold===sneezing,tired,coughing,and PMS to go with it AND my favourite gardener man who lives up the street and has the best garden in the city AND who i go to the plant sales with every spring{he's 64} DIED yesterday of Lung CAncer---i am so depressed about this---he was the nicest man and ds and i used to go up to his garden and chat with him all summer---------------this will be the second funeral in a week that i will be attending--------------ANYway---the shop is doing quite well except for a lady who came in and was extremely rude---i will post her conversation for you to analyze later!!---dd is home for the weekend so i must go and talk with her------------ I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

Kiwonk
03-13-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your favorite gardener neighbor, Bagz, that's very sad. Knowing how nice your garden always is, his must have been a real delight and an inspiration.

Sounds like you are absolutely hopping at the store! Next week will ease up I hope, with your "staff" back at work. You're such an entrepreneur. :cheers: I think we should organize a shopping tour and all show up and be rude and obnoxious as only Americans can really be.

TPBM is tearing her hair out.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey kiwonkers---- i am sure i will be tearing me hair out come tomorrow===i finally finished painting the "logo" of sorts on my sign for the market---my cousin painted the lettering for me a few weeks ago---i will take a shot of it and sent it around for your perusal-----SO HERE IS MY STORY!!!--- this lady ----she was about fifty ish----she was sort of big {let's just say,she could consider posting here},she had short sprocky ,kind of cool hair---dyed reddish blonde---cool glasses and really cool earrings on----she was standing looking in at the shop----i said " i like your earrings" -she told me they were "antique"-----then she looked back into the shop and said "I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SHOP!"---"THE OTHER SHOP WAS JUST LIKE A PICTURE FRAME THAT YOU WANTED TO WALK INTO---I WANTED TO BUY EVERYTHING IN THAT STORE-----I WOUDLN'T BUY ANYTHING IN THIS STORE"----- i was just sick---to hear that after being in there for twelve hours the night before---i felt like bawling----but i came out from behind the counter and said "What don't you like about the store"---and she proceeded to tell me that the pottery was "out" and the stained glass looked like something "your grandmother would like"----she said it was one dimensional and needed things hanging from the ceiling etc etc etc-----it was also annoying because i only have half my stock and half the cabinetry but at this point i didn't feel like defending myself-----then she said "I AM VERY HONEST" { i thought---'it's a good thing i'm a phoney}------as she left,she tapped a turntable i was painting and said "I LIKE THAT"---- i said "well that's mine" and she said "well,do more of that" and she parted with "i'll be by to see how you're doing'------------------I FELT LIKE SH*T THE REST OF THE DAY----TOLD DH I WAS QUITTING MY JOB---------- anyway----the rest of the week was better and i told everyone i knew about her and now everyone wants to see who she is!!!!!!!---------------------TPBM THINKS I SHOULD STOP YAKKING ABOUT THE STUPID SHOP!!!!!

SugP
03-14-2005, 08:24 AM
False!!!! You can yakk about your LOVELY, WONDERFUL shop as much as you want to and that woman was SO RUDE!!! I'm sure I would have burst into tears. What a hag. :mad: I'd like to know what makes her think she's so special. And you don't have to defend yourself - it's YOUR shop, you do what you want and sell what you want and she can blow it out her big baggy shorts. Maybe you can find out if she's a local and have her poisoned. Ha ha. Better not do that. Can't sell gifts from jail (well, Martha probably could).:lol: Here's a hug --> {{{:o}}}
So sorry about your gardener friend. The best ones, gardeners or otherwise, always leave us too early, don't they?

TPBM feels like she's treading water and going nowhere fast.

PainterWoman
03-14-2005, 11:41 AM
True. Not treading so much as doing the dead man's float.

Baggz, sorry about the gardener-- I think when we've made friends with people and found something we have in common, it is especially hard to have them leave... whether by death or any other form of re-location. I hope that you have some plants that prevail and remind you of the good times you had.
The brutally honest woman of size MIGHT be an asset-- once you are not exhausted. IF she would buy everything she recommends you might have found a cash cow. If she knows what other people would buy... well, then you'd have two useful opinions, your and hers. Did she even KNOW you were the proprietess? If she did, she's mean spirited rather than honest and ought to get a dose of her own dishing!

Soloman sort of sounds like salmon. It was a joke. Ha. Wisdom or Omega3's... take your pick. My children are named (accidentally) after the kids in Peter Pan. With "Neverland" in the news, it is an embarrassment.... The names-- not my kids.

I must have a bit of breakfast... and a gallon of water.

TPBM is in the midst of seizing the day.
(You go girl)

Wabby
03-14-2005, 08:10 PM
False. I tried to seize it but it got away from me.

DH & I took friday off and went on our maiden voyage in our new-to-us motorhome. We went to the beach and it was absolutely beautiful there. Sunny and warm. We walked on the beach, we took naps, I read, DH watched movies, and we ate a ton of food!!!!

Bagzie, some ppl don't know what they're talking about. Maybe she has shop envy or something. Whatever, but don't let such a tactless person bother you. Everybody seems to have an opinion, eh? Too bad she had to give you hers when you've been working so hard. That's so sad about your gardener friend. I know how valuable a nursery and plant sale companion can be. Absolutely priceless.

Sugar, our birthdays are in the spring too, except for DH's which is in July. My poor sister's family birthdays are all between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'd cancel Christmas if I had to deal with all that. I'm so happy to hear you survived another year. It get easier when you don't have to do the kid party and the family party. Now we just usually go out to dinner together. Life does get easier. Hey - about the fly in your ear - that happened to Grandpa Jim once. He actually did have a big moth in his ear. DH irrigated that sucker out with one of those bulb syringes that you use on babies. Grandpa kept swearing that he could hear buzzing and everybody thought he was getting dotty, but the old guy knew the difference between a buzz and ringing in your ears!

Painty, I should go change my weight tracker thingie too. I'm going to give it a month before I acknowledge that I've actually gained 4 pounds. eek. I've been using food as comfort. Bad Wabbit.

Maybe we should change from cows to blobbos. I'm feeling pretty blobbo-ish myself. The ultrasound (which by the way was not just an abdominal ultrasound- thank you very much and with a young cutey pie ultrasound tech-argh!) tells me that I have fibroids which I understand there are a couple of treatments for, none of which are very pleasant. I. Am. Falling. Apart.

TPBM wore platform shoes in hi-skool.

Wabby
03-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, true. I wasn't supposed to have to answer my own TPBM. Where is everybody? Did I chase you off w/ all my talk of nice weather? I'll shut up about it.

I missed bunco last Saturday. It was at my little sister's house so the food was absolutely the best. I know because my little sister is the best cook in the world. Pretty much.

I had my hair cut and colored yesterday. My usual honey blonde highlights came out brassy and my bangs came out too short. I hate it when that happens.

Today is DS's 22nd birthday. He's still living at home. How long before I tell him he's got to get his own place? I like having him around, but he's very messy and his girlfriend is at our house every, and I mean every day. Summer's coming and that means lots of his friends will be hanging around our house on the weekends. They're messy too. How long do you think before he'd move if I charged him rent?

TPBM is known as a gourmet cook.

Bagzz
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
hahahah-----gourmet cook me arse----lucky to have homemade pasta sauce once in a while!!! i am home for a minute and then i have to go BACK THERE.i left my niece in charge---she is pretty and sweet so that should be great---i am ugly and sour---not so good-----------------wabby---your weather sounds so divine----the jeweller i am dealing with in british columbia tells me she saw a hummingbird today-----TBPM has a fat arse---did i say that already???

Kiwonk
03-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Oh heck, I wanted to answer the platform shoes question, but I took too long writing a reply (like all afternoon). Anyway, whose arse are you calling fat anyway? Them's fightin' words, girl. Oh nevermind, it's true. I've got a fat arse. On the positive side, there are parts of me that are fatter.

this lady ----about fifty ish----sort of big WHAT A BEEYOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice people don't do things like that, even if they honestly feel that way. Therefore, this woman was a real OLD FAT HAG (in a bad way, as opposed to us :s: ) with personal problems that make her want to tear down other people to make herself feel superior. Don't you dare take any of this to heart, if somebody was "just being honest" they might give you suggestions for improvement, not tell you how much they hated the place! This lady was "just being" her hideous self.

By the way, I love the sign; it's really cool!!

Wabby, I didn't know you got a motor home! (Or I forgot :doh: ) How fun! Icko on the fibroids, don't it suk to get old? My gyn. office called me the other day to inform me that I'd missed my mammo appointment. Gee, ooops. I guess I really have to go do that. Golly, I can hardly wait.

I wrote this long painful description of what I did yesterday and I decided you all did not want to read it here, so I'm putting it in my journal and calling it "Do It Yourself Day".

Congrats on Wabbsterson's birthday! I suppose, he might have to become an adult one of these days. I think you should employ each and every one of his friends when they come over. Here, you take out the garbage. You, do a little vacuuming, won't you? :lol:

TPBM is sore from exercising, unlike me who is sore from my new career in weightlifting (see my journal entry on the main 3fc journal page or here http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/index.php/weblog/comments/25809/ ) Not sure if that's the right link, but you'll find it somewhere over there.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Fasle. Tired. Not exercising. Canin't spell.

I have been absent because my puter is dying. The new one is in teh box in the LR but DS is not anxious to plug it in. Says he has homework to do or something. I will try to pay closer attention to you all but now I must go stick labels on books. Then we can give them away to people who pull the stickers off becaue they're covering up stuff.

TPBM takes vitamins

SugP
03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
False. But I should start. I feel about 80 today except with the hormonal ups and downs of an almost 42-year-old. Bleh. My hair however, is a lovely chestnut colour, this week anyway.

Nothing to report. My life is bland. I need to change something. Don't know what yet. Kids have Easter holidays starting Monday. The I can sleep. And maybe exercise. We'll see. Crocuses are up and blooming, daffodils next week.

Because I make a point of always being at least two years behind the times, I am reading "The DaVinci Code" right now. After that I will read "Decoding the DaVinci Code" or whatever it's called and know everything.

TPBM has had her eyelashes dyed.

Kiwonk
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Rarely. Do I need them? I had Swiss Chard for dinner last night.

Actually, that was the yummiest dinner. I made a pot roast, with veggie gravy (I pulverize all the veggies that have been cooking with the roast--no potatoes), noodles and sauteed red chard with garlic. Oh my, too good. Really made a giant mess in the kitchen too. Which I only half cleaned up.

DD went with the less expensive, red Internet prom dress. Should be here by Monday. I hope it fits. Personally I preferred the tangerine colored one, but $50 more for different color didn't sit well with her. And I made it her decision -- I told her I'd pay $100, anything over that she could negotiate for (or pay herself). I'm trying to remember if I've ever paid $100 for a dress other than my wedding dress in my life. I don't think so.

We have a big evening planned. The high school classes are putting on a fundraiser at McDonald's tonight -- for 3 hours the teachers do the cooking and serving, and the profits go to the jr/sr prom and project graduation. And if eating at McD's isn't thrill enough, I get to go be queen scribe at the boosters meeting.

TPBM made her own prom dress.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
:o How embarrassing; I answered the vitamin question, instead of the eyelash question. Or maybe I didn't :s:

Oo Crocuses! Oo Daffodils! The only thing we're growing around here is impatient for spring. Well, not really, we are very realistic, we realize we don't have spring in this region. We have mud season in April/May, then Sprummer in June.

You still have to answer my TPBM above. I'm not thinking up a new one.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-16-2005, 07:57 PM
False. I know I've told you all before that I have the longest eyelashes in the world. Maybe. I still wear mascara, though, because they're my claim to fame and I like the attention. ;) If Peaches would come visit me she could tell you it's true. She'd also tell you I have chronic red eyes. Too much reading, computer use and contact lens wear.

It will make you all so happy to hear that our springtime is over and the rain is back. For today, anyway. Gray, sloggy, blustery rain. I wore sandals to work so my feet will be soaked and cold by the time I get home. The weatherman only said a chance of light showers. Not nasty, pouring rain that I'd need hip waders for.

Are you posting a picture of the red prom dress, Kiwi? or do we have to wait for prom night photos?

Sugar, just the fact that you're only almost 42 is glamourous enough. You're in the springtime of your 40's! From my vantage point that looks pretty good. I'm in the twilight of my 40's. I will be 49 next month, and you know what that means---- good lord, 50 is almost here. I hope it's a good fifty, though. I'm so happy to hear that your hair is a lovely chestnut color. Takes away the pain of my brassy color job. Actually I've decided that my hair is ok. Must have been the lighting when I first looked at it.

DH bought some pork rinds and left them here in the office w/ me. Can you imagine anything grosser than eating deep fried fat???? It didn't stop me.

Oh how terribly embarassing. I didn't see Kiwi's last TPBM because it's light aqua color that fades into my screen. Hmmm. I didn't make my own prom dress. I bought it, but I was so busty (back then) that I had to have an evil contraption to hold the girls up and in and I was terribly uncomfortable all evening.

I'm developing a little fat roll that hangs over my waistline. It's kind of cute. Maybe I'll keep it.

TPBM has never eaten swiss chard.

SugP
03-17-2005, 04:56 AM
I dunno. Is Swiss Chard the same as kale? If it is, I've eaten it, if not, I should try it. I didn't know it came in red. I like trying new vegetables. And just to be really confusing, yes, I made my own prom dress back in 1981. I may still have it somewhere. Not sure.

Ooh, yes, pic of the red prom dress, please. Back in the day, prom dresses only came in cheesy colours like white or baby blue. The one I made was white, the one I wore to my high school boyfriend's prom was pink (100% polyester!!) and the the one I wore to some-other-guy-who-couldn't-find-a-date-and-chose-me's prom was pale blue. I was so not-busty back then that I didn't need anything at all to hold up the girls. Those were the days. Geez.

Pork rinds are the food of the gods, Wabby! Lard fried in lard...mmmmm! I am REALLY trying to watch my eating from now on so I will try not to think about anything lardy.

Must go buy Easter stuff for the masses before it's all gone. Big supply and demand problems at the supermarkets here. The early bird gets the chocolate bunnies.

TPBM had completed all seven of her Easter displays.

Cowpernia
03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
I have no swiss chard lately but I LOVE IT. It is not the same as Kale. It's colorful and fresh tasting.

No Easter displays. Would that be miniature stations of the cross?

I have a job interview this afternoon that's a job I need to get, I think. It will evolve into a state job which is a good thing.

I am eating pistachios and thinking of basing my diet around them. That mid-eastern food is SOOO GOOOOD> All of it. That I've had. We have an Ali Baba restaurant here (not Dogpatch ... the town where I work) that is just tooo wonderful.

DS and Herbie leave for Barcelona next week. Herbie says DS should bring $100 a day to spend. Does that sound right? He has to buy his lunch and dinner and whatever else he wants but $100 a day? That's abut Eu70, right? How do you write 70 Euros?

TPBM could improve the layout of the phone book.

Kiwonk
03-17-2005, 03:08 PM
True. Wouldn't take much, would it?

I think that $100/day is probably pretty close. Of course he shouldn't have to spend that much, but you don't want him to go hungry, eh? The trip that DD's French club is planning for next year has a suggestion of 300-500 spending money for the week, and they don't even have to pay for dinners or breakfasts. Isn't Euro Eu? Or is it EWWW

Swiss chard comes in several colors. All the leaves are green, but the ribs are white or yellow or crimson. I was watching that Martha show on PBS Everyday Food and they said that it is more related to beets than to kale. Is good stuff, mild tasting.

:) :lucky: A Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! :lucky: :)

I have to make corned beef dinner tonight. DH brought it home the other day. Guess I shouldn't have made a pot roast the day before yesterday. :rolleyes: We're going to OD on beef. And he didn't even buy any cabbage to go with it! :eek: (Nobody but me in this house can stand cabbage)

TPBM forgot all about St. Patrick's Day

Kiwi

Wabby
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
False. I wore a black outfit, but I have on a green tank top that shows just a little. That's as into St. Paddy's day as I get.

How do you cook swiss chard? I think I need to try something new. Maybe some swiss chard would be enough to make Sugar's life less bland. No?

Peach, this free trip from Herbie is starting to sound expensive. Don't they have a Wendy's dollar menu over there??? I hope you get the cushy government job.

My sister called to remind me Easter is coming up and that my house would be a great place for Easter dinner.

TPBM is planning on drinking at least one green beer today.

Cowpernia
03-17-2005, 03:44 PM
False. Teetotallaer here.

Wash the chard. Slice it up including the pretty stems. Steam it. It's very very good and highly nutritious I'm sure.

I must leave in 1/2 hour for the interview. ABout to get nervous. I also applied at a rental car thing at the airport and they're offering me an interview. The hours would be crummythough. What do u think they pay?

TPBM does laundry every day.

SugP
03-17-2005, 05:39 PM
False. If I did laundry every day my laundry room wouldn't look the way it does and everyone wouldn't be down to their last pair of emergency underpants.

Ah, I got a gardening catalogue today and now I know what swiss chard looks like. Not like kale. Sort of beety and spinachy at the same time, right?

EUR 70 or €70 is the way to write it. That sounds like a good amount just to be sure- he can bring some back. I don't know how expensive Spain is these days. Is he taking traveller's cheques?

TPBM says BarTHelona.

Cowpernia
03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
False but I know that is the cool way to say it. I used to know a Mexican guy who used to say v instead of b or something to try to sound cosmopolitan.

I don't know how the interview went. They were so insistent that you have to be NICE and SMILE when you work there that I didn't know if their smiles at me were sincere.

He has travelers cheques and EUR 100 from his last trip with Herbie. Ought to be enough. Herbie thinks the young guys will go off by themselves. I think they'll end up in girlie shows. How much do they cost?

TPBM has been insulted by a stranger this week.

Kiwonk
03-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Goodness no, not in this little burg.

I also applied at a rental car thing at the airport and they're offering me an interview. The hours would be crummythough. What do u think they pay? I can't imagine that you'd like working for a rental car agency. I don't think they pay all that well, and you'd have to put up with all those snotty people who think they are the only person on earth to ever rent a car.

Barthelona? I'll be doggoned. I thought that was a lisp. We learned when we were in Hungary 110 years ago that Budapest is really two cities and they are pronounced Buda and Pesht. And then we saw a guy standing on a street corner with his hand down the front of the dress of the woman next to him. I came away with the idea that Hungary, although politically repressed, was a rather lusty place.

This is how I like to make Swiss Chard (or fresh spinach, for that matter). I know I saw this same method on TV recently, but I can't find it in Everyday Recipes, which is the only cooking show I've been watching, so I'll just tell you how I do it.

Rinse all the chard in a big bowl or sumpin -- Submerge it, we want it nice and wet. Take each leaf out and on a cutting board, slice out the thick rib part. Rip the leaf in half or quarters and put it back in the rinse water. When you get all the ribs on the cutting board, slice them in ½-1" chunks.
Mince or press a garlic clove (or a few if you love lots of garlic).
Heat a wok or large (12") frying pan real hot. Make sure you have a lid for this pan to use later. Add some olive or other oil, 1 or 2 tablespoons. Toss the garlic in and let it start sizzling. Throw the rib chunks in. Turn down the heat just a little (maybe Med. Hi), sautée for 5-10 minutes, moving things around so they don't burn.
Drain the water off the leaves. Shake them only a little -- you want water on them. With your frying pan still very hot, dump the whole bunch into the pan and clamp the lid down on it (be sure to tuck in the stray ends...). Give it a minute or two and steam should start to escape, then turn it down low and let it steam for a few minutes. Salt and pepper it.
Hopefully nothing will be irretrievably stuck to the pan, but let's face it, that's the part you get to eat in the kitchen after dinner.
This stuff cooks down to very little -- the three of us ate an entire bunch the other night, and it wasn't any too much. I don't know what would happen if you tried to do 2 bunches in one pan. This recipe is like the one in the Joy of Cooking for Panned Spinach.

MMmm. Not as healthy as steamed, I'm sure, but awesome stuff.

My datter is at an impromptu birthday party watching movies. She doesn't have school tomorrow. I am thinking of dragging her to visit a college. It will have to be one she is not interested in, because that is all that is in quick driving distance. Never the less, I think it would be a worthwhile thing to do.

TPBM thinks I have no life and is right.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Not true. You have a life. Right now it revolves around DD and her activities, and when you've prepared her for flying the nest, you'll have a different life. That is life, kiddo. Gosh, don't I sound wise??? heh.

I'm reading a new book. It's Brick Lane by Monica Ali. I think it's going to be really, really good. It's a good thing I have a new book because the guys just started a big contract job today and I'll be lonely for weeks here.

My bleeding hearts are blooming. Both white and pink ones.

TPBM thinks I have no life.

Cowpernia
03-18-2005, 01:46 PM
FALSE. Best life = Bagz. Tied for second Wabbo, Kiwi, Painter and Sugar. Last is me. If I left anyone out, they should probably post more.

It is crazy how unhappy I am here at work.

TPBM thinks Michael Jackson is innocent.

Kiwonk
03-18-2005, 04:13 PM
:lol: :lol3: :rofl: Yep, he's as innocent as any twisted psycho nutcase could be. I think he may actually believe that it is okay to play footsie with little boys, but that doesn't make him innocent, it makes him insane. I think he's a real sad case, but he should still be locked up.

My cat is staring at me. I am teaching her social skills. I have taught her that if she hops down from the desk onto a chair, I will pet her. She is not a fast learner.

I didn't take DD to any college today. We both decided we didn't want to spend 6 hours in the car to visit a college she wasn't interested in. Our reward is that she got her reply from Brown and she got a scholarship that pays for 1/3 of her course this summer. Yay.

You're so wise, Wabbit. A vewwy vewwy wise wabbit. I just like saying that. I think it's sweet that your bleeding hearts are blooming. It's a beautiful sunny day here today, but it is beastly cold out, so I'm enjoying it from "within".

TPBM gets fat just drinking coffee.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
no,i get fat in a much more enjoyable way=------------I ATE THREE PIECES OF MY BIRTHDAY CAKE TODAY!!!!--AND I :?: :?: :?: AM NOW 48 SO HOW SUCKY IS THAT!!!!!---- since it is my birthday today that means it's peacher's birthday soon ----of course i am only telling you it's my day so kiwi will put the happy birthday with balloons man on her next posting----and also because i know how upset you will be if you miss telling me happy birthday and i don't like to see you upset----plus it will make sugar feel SO young----I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I AM THIS CLOSE TO FIFTY---------SHOCKING!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bagzz
03-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Tbpm Is Drinking Tonight

Cowpernia
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
False although you could easily drive me to it you OLD BAT.

Have I told you that my boss is a grade A annoyance? What is wrong with me???? I am always bothered by these boss-people who act like they've got a PhD in every detail of life. Today, I brought in my crockpot to cook a stew for DS to take to a potluck for his academic team tonight. She says, "I think this is inappropriate." Blah Blah Blah Blah. I tell her that everyplace I ever worked, people cooked in the kitchen and actually shared food. We do not. We are not friendly. She acted surprised and said again it's inappropriate so I snapped that I had no idea it would offend her. She continued that it was inappropriate so I stared at her my meanest stare and interrupted to say, Now that I know it offends you, I will not do it again. She said, good.

TPBM remembers the name of their first grade boyfriend.

Wabby
03-18-2005, 06:18 PM
False. I remember what he looked like, but I don't remember his name. He had very pretty blue eyes. I don't remember because I'm almost a year older than Bagzie.

Happy Birthday Bagzie, dear!!!! 48 is such a child. I remember waaaay back when I turned 48. :hb: :hb: :hb: :cheers: Hope yours is wonderful. Remember being in your 20's and thinking 40 was old??? The good news is it's not!!!!! and neither is 48.

Peaches your boss is a dolt. What is inappropriate about plugging in a crockpot??? She needs to get a life. Obviously you haven't given her enough problems so she has to invent them.

TPBM wasn't planning on drinking tonight, but will lift a few in Bagzie's honor after all.

SugP
03-18-2005, 06:38 PM
False! I only drink water, but that's not stopping me from wishing Bagzie a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You're adorable at any age.

Peachy - your boss sounds like she'd make a good ediot. Imagine being offended by a stew. It's not like you were frying eggs on her desk or something.

(first grade boyfriend: Rupert Wong. He had a pet alligator and stinky little sister)

TPBM is going to sleep in tomorrow because she has nothing to do.

Kiwonk
03-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Sadly, sadly, no. I have been informed that I have to get up at the crack of um, midmorning, and go to a birthday dinner for DH's sister. I am dumbfounded -- these things are always on Sunday. Noon dinner on a Saturday. :no: What is the world coming to?

And just to set the record straight, in case anyone was wondering, I will be definitely hoisting a few tonight -- we are going out to dinner with actual real life people that we know, and I will have a green beer in honor of yesterday's St. Patrick's Day, or a margie in honor of Bagz' Hot Mama Birthday (oh, yes you are), or something in between. Ahem, your balloons, my dear:

:balloons: :balloons: :dancer: :hb: :dance: :balloons: :balloons:

And a whole bundle of Happy Birthday wishes to you!

I would also like to point out that I did not have a boyfriend in first grade. My first boyfriend, of a sort, was in 4th grade and I still have the Kennedy half dollars he gave me. His name was Ronald Hess. Cute little red haired boy. Aww. Actually I had a crush on him, but his friend Brad who looked like a bulldog had a crush on me. It was a confusing time.

so I stared at her my meanest stare and interrupted to say, Now that I know it offends you, I will not do it again. She said, good. Woohoo, way to go, Cowpeach! Office standoff! My opinion is that you won, even if no one ever gets to cook in the office again. She's an old bat.

TPBM is already a little tipsy. Don't lie.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I are not tipsy. I are p*ss*d. Could mean the same thing but doesn't.

I have nothing to say again. Stress makes me eat. I watched old Lone Ranger shows tonight. When I was young I had no fondness for the Ranger. Now, looking at him through mature eyes, I'm proud of that. What a sissy! Bad mask, bad acting, bad scripts. Tonto was cute. Tonto wore his hair in a bun. The Ranger time traveled and came up with a latex outfix for himself. IN the color episodes it was an unnatural shade of blue, sort of periwinkle on bad drugs.

TPBM thinks "with a hearty high ho Silver" is an embarrassing phrase.

Bagzz
03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
not embarassing---just dorky------------THANK YOU GIRLS FOR MY B-DAY WISHES AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO KIWONK FOR THE BALLOONS!' YOU GIRLS ARE THE BEST--SO DEPENDABLE AND LOVABLE-----------AHEM----PEACHERS-----WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY---AND OF COURSE YOUR BOSS IS A CLASS A -AAAAAA-------HOLE!!!! TBPM EATS MARSHMALLOWS IN HER HOT CHOCOLATE.

Kiwonk
03-19-2005, 12:49 AM
:o Apparently I was a little younger than you...

Overate at dinner tonight. So what else is new. Could not hear any of the conversation, mainly because thoughtful DH sat with his hand up to his face on my side while talking in the other direction. I said something once, then 5 minutes later he was doing it again. I gave up. I talked to the teenagers. Next time I'll just stay home.

TPBM would rather watch cartoons than the news.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-20-2005, 12:18 AM
False. Bought it at an outlet. Even though it was probably a size 14, my mother had a fit about how fat I was. Grrr.

I've been working on taxes. I'm crabby. I'd eat something sweet and buttery if it wasn't already all eaten. I'd go OUT and get something... but I'm lazy. So.

But I did read out side in the hammock (before and after falling out of it...) :lol: because Spring is here at least temporarily. And DH took me to buy an art table. Of course the taxes got me so wound up I didn't even think about painting.

I'm going to get a drink. Scotch this time. And knit. Hope I don't drop too many stitches.

TPBM pulls up seedlings AND weeds in her Spring Enthusiasm.

(Should we recruit someone from "down under" so we don't get complacent about the temperature?)

Lohani
03-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Bagzie is 48????? Why you old bat. Happy Birthday!
Wabby, I remember when I thought 25 was old.
Peaches...is there any such thing as a non-jerky boss? Your boss is nice/nasty....the worst kind.
Sugar...Wong? Poor Steve, it must be difficult for him not to have been the first.
Kiwi, I hate social events anymore. I prefer the kids' table, too.
Painty...eeeekkkk, I haven't started my taxes! I should get moving.
Everything is good here. I am so busy that I barely know what day it is. The play ends today. Then Dd gets her wisdom teeth done, then Easter, then senior trip, prom etc. DS is graduating from 8th grade this year. Just as busy...maybe more because we have to go to everything. Once they drive, we're pretty useless. DS has the May ceremony(remember DD as May queen?) There is no May king so I'm not as enthused. It is much cheaper because he only needs one suit as opposed to the 500 dresses she needed for 8th grade graduation.
There was a huge drug bust at DD's school this week. They lost 3% of the student body. Tuition accounts are paid by this time of year....so they went through the school with dogs. The play has been hard because you know what all those arty kids do...(except ours Kiwi).
I wish I had more to report. I miss you guys and I do look in sometimes...but all I do is drive now that both boys are teenagers.

Cowpernia
03-20-2005, 09:29 AM
False, I pull up nothing.

True, I prefer cartoons.

I need a new definition of nasty/nice. Will someone supply one as we know Lahana won't be back for six months. We want her back but she's too busy driving. And cleaning eggshell-colored things.

My new puter is set up and I want you all to use a new email address. I'll send it or something. That will make it easier for you to use it.

I also wish Bagz a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm just too selfish to say it at the right time.

Bye. Kisses.

TPBM clips (and uses) coupons.

Kiwonk
03-20-2005, 01:36 PM
True, False, True and Sometimes. In no particular order.

Hi Lushieana. Sounds like you are just a tad busy these days.

(Should we recruit someone from "down under" so we don't get complacent about the temperature?)Yup, or you could just count on me to give you the arctic weather report: it was all of 39 degrees here yesterday. A heat wave! I'd put up a hammock, but I'm not sure I could rig it up higher than the snow drifts. And then, trying to get in it while wearing snowshoes; well, I don't think it's in the cards. :lol:

I've got to get dressed. Yeah, good idea.

Ta.

TPBM is about to pull her hair out from trying to get her computer to work.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
False. Computer works great. It's me that's crashed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baggzz! :gift: :flow1: :encore: :hb:

I said 30 minutes ago I was going to get some water. Hmph. I am still here and still fat and still dopey. (Went out for midnight breakfast with uncharacteristically flexible DH... Was fun... too much coffee... was up til 4. Oh, the joys of an empty nest. And angst about taxes. Still.

I love that you were all "on" this morning. Makes me feel less alone.
Hugs to all.
Off to the water.
Stay out of snow drifts and drug busts. (3% sounds like a lot, or you've got better police than here in Big D... where they actually busted lots of Mexicans with fake cocaine... it was all chalk, as I remember. Oh, no prejudice here. Nope. No siree.
Don't get me started.

Happy Birthday again, B-dear.

TPBM is wishing they had my computer AND my live in tech.

Bagzz
03-20-2005, 04:55 PM
you have a live in Tech!! cool---i will keep my untechy man though as he is trying to figure out the "simply accounting" program for the shop--------got some new cool soap today ---great scents---i love the handmade soap---so far i am selling lots of jewellery and lots of soap and coconut body "souffle"--it is so soft and silky!!!!----THANK YOU FOR ALL THE B-DAY WISHES---now i know that peachbag is next-----also-----SO GREAT TO HEAR FROM LUSHBAG----------we would like to know more ,like prom dress colour and style and the college hunt etc-----------AT LEAST POST ONCE A WEEK YOU OLE HAG!@!!!!-------TPBM is excited cause Desperate HOusewives should VINALLY be back on tonight!

Kiwonk
03-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh heck, I thought it was a rerun!

Is it hard to have all that cool stuff around in your shop and not bring one of everything home to try? :lol:

Later gators, got to checkout the Desperates

TPBM only watches PBS. heh heh.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-21-2005, 02:18 AM
False. I worked through prime time tonight... and usually my aforementioned computer geek oops, tech is watching the Sci/Fi channel. (Although he does watch the desperates.) Tonight I was doing paperwork. I feel SO virtuous. Out of touch, but virtuous! I wanted to watch the Jeff Foxworthy roast on the comedy channel!

Have you heard about Style channels craft program? apparently a sort of Reality Martha Stewart show. Dueling glue guns to solve problems... Our cable doesn't carry it... but I can imagine.

I'm off to bed. Read you in the morning.

TPBM isn't sure if she'd eat or slather on coconut souflee....

Kiwonk
03-21-2005, 08:50 AM
True! I had a piece of cake with coconut frosting last night and I think the soap sounds at least as good.
False. I worked through prime time tonight... and usually my aforementioned computer geek oops, tech is watching the Sci/Fi channel. (Although he does watch the desperates.) Tonight I was doing paperwork. I feel SO virtuous. Out of touch, but virtuous! I wanted to watch the Jeff Foxworthy roast on the comedy channel! Ah, our DHs must have been separated at birth. Mine is both personal tech wizard and sci-fi channel geek.

Was that roast on last night? I thought tonight. But no matter, that is the sort of thing they will play over and over with glee.

The folks we went out to dinner with the other tonight started talking about that Blue Collar show on Comedy Central and they asked me "Oh, do you watch the Comedy Channel?" and I of course said I did, but they definitely seemed to be expecting me to say "why no, we watch nothing but PBS in our home..." Little do they know. DD and I watch little else but The Daily Show and King of the Hill. We are sooo highbrow. And of course DH and his very classy sci-fi. And I have an unnatural love for The Amazing Race.

Ah, I see you were right, the Jeff Foxworthy roast did start last night, but it's on twice tonight too.

Well, it's beffist time. Oatmeal and OJ for me.

TPBM is having cold pizza for breakfast.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
No, but I have in the past. Did y'all see that other show ...Wickendly Perfect .. with Bagz's favorite celeb, Joan Lunden??? It sounds the same .. some housewives and some gay guys and some people who considered themselves "professionals" all had to do crafts projects to compete against each other. doesn't it sound like the same show??? Agree with me.

My birthday is a week from today and I would like things to come in the mail. If each of you would drop by Bagz's show and make a small purchase for me, that would be perfect.

I have been sooooo deeeepressssed all weekend. Couldn't see straight depressed. A tiny bit better now.

TPBM likes lOOOOng necklaces that keep people from noticing her neck for a few minutes.

PainterWoman
03-21-2005, 11:25 AM
False.
I ATE all the pizza YESTERDAY. Really. Who has pizza left over? :lol: (Though when there is (miracle of miracles) any left over, I am perfectly happy with it cold).

The home town of King of the Hill is adjacent to my town. Scary isn't it. And there really ARE people with that mind set here.

Because it is early (ish) in my day, I don't have much to say. I'll check back later.

TPBM overslept.

Cowpernia
03-21-2005, 12:33 PM
False. Must go to work and get DS to the escuela.

Next week, DS will be in Spain with Herbie. Herbie wants to have dinner for all the going-to-Spainers on Wednesday. I want DS to go but I don't wanna. This is because I kind of hate Herbie, you know. But DS does not hate him.

Vote:

Should I go?

Make up an excuse and pick DS up later at inconvenience to myself?

TPBM did something interesting this weekend.

Wabby
03-21-2005, 01:09 PM
True, if you consider painting baseboard molding interesting. Yes, it's true. I have baseboard molding in my bedroom finally. I was shopping w/ a friend on Saturday and when I came home, DH was just finishing the job. It's amazing that I waited 10 years for it to happen, and he did the job in 2 hrs. Now he's talking crown molding. How many years do you think? Wanna make bets? Do you think he's just toying w/ my emotions?

Peachers, if I were you, I'd probably stay home, but you're a better mom than I and you'll probably go to make DS happy. I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. Nothing like that thick, black cloud hanging over you. Sometimes it's best just to say you're sick and go to bed and try to sleep through it. How's that for avoidance? No wonder I never solve any problems.

There is a king of the hill place here, too, Painty. It's a little town about 15 miles away that is known for rednecks and big 4x4 trucks. Funny that those folks all congregate together. I have tax time angst too. The joys of self employment. Does the scotch help?

We do not watch the sci fi channel. DH watches the history channel, the fishing shows (like watching paint dry to me) and old movies. I prefer DVR recordings of Dr. Phil, Oprah, Paula's Home Cooking and What Not to Wear. Also big fan of the Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal. I love my DVR because I always nod off before the end of Boston Legal and since it's recorded I never miss the end.

I really, really miss Lohani. Are you still posting w/ the cleaning gals? No fair.

When I came into work today, the guys had already left to work on a job. Unfortunately, they'd locked the office door, but forgotten to close the overhead shop door right in the front of the building! Everything wide open. Geez. Everything was still here.

TPBM loves her work so much, she's thrilled it's monday.

Cowpernia
03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
False. That would be Bagz.

Emotionally, I am over Herbie. It took a while but it's done. I could feel uncomfortable at the dinner, however, if I felt other Herbie-kin were observing me out of curiosity. Then again, why should I care? Even though they are his kids, they don't visit him except early in December for Christmas. They meet when he takes them out to eat. I'm sure they don't enjoy him all that much.

Wabby, write to Lohani and make her come back. What would it take? I think she's being selfish and insensitive by dropping and she's my own sister. It is kind of fun to have her around though. I'd write to her but she's been ignoring my emails for a while. So I stopped sending them.

TPBM knows how to manipulate Lohani.

Bagzz
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
[/SIZE]no way---that old bat is unmaniputable--or whatever---she comes and goes as she pleases and we all bow down to her glory because she once called herself the Queen of our WLB.I thought we were supposed to slow down cause we are OLD,not speeding up!!---ds was SICK today---so dh had to stay home with him because i had no backup at the shop--------THAT WAS HORRIBLE----DH HAD TO GET BACK TO WORK AND I HAD A HARD TIME GETTING AWAY IN TIME EVEN THOUGH MY GIRL ARRIVED TO FINISH UP THE DAY----------i am SO not used to such events since i have been home and AVAILABLE AT ALL HOURS FOR TWENTY ONE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----i definitely DID not like the situation.Dh was all stressed as he is working on a big story,so now we are both discombobulated. it will take some time for me to adjust to this working thing----we spent all weekend trying to enter info on the Simply Accounting Software----ain't as simple as it looks-------I HATE THE PAPERWORK---HATE IT!!!--- i do love buying and selling the product and yakking to people in the market .KIWONK---WE HAVE NO SNOW LEFT-----------YOU SAY YOU HAVE SNOWBANKS????CRAZY!!!!------PEACHERS!!sorry you were down this weekend---what a drag----too bad you have nice weather all the time---if you had crappy weather like we do,then the sunny warm days would cheer you up............i would say the blazes with herbivore---no way would i enjoy a dinner with him blabbfesting in all his glory----just drop off the boy and pick him up later----------do what YOU want.wabbs-----------how wonderful about your baseboard---i am working on dh remembering to take out the garbage since i am not here to remind him!---WHERE IS SHUGA??????------AND PAINTY DARLING----ANY PIZZA IS WORTH EATING---YOU KNOW IT!!!!! I LIKE MINE WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS AND GOAT CHEESE AND PESTO-----WITH THE MULTIGRAIN CRUST----SO YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Cowpernia
03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Bagzoid, take a little old antique pallet to the shop and plop yer sick younguns on it. Why not? The shoppers should all have had their shots prior to arriving in Canadia.

I want Lahonny to come back, too, but she's mean I tell you. Self-centered. Bossy.

WE are opposites.

TPBM would not buy pirated software.

Wabby
03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
That oughta bring her back.

SugP
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
True. About the pirated thing, not about Lushy. I gladly accept pirated software as gifts, though. :o

Lush needs an incentive to post regularily. What can we offer her? And yes, Lush, - Wong. He was (and still is) Chinese and just cute as a button. Now runs some kind of a wilderness resort with scary things like kayaks, wind surfing and organic food.

Peachy, does ds really, really want you to go? If he doesn't care, you should stay home and save yourself some annoyance. Are you depressed about ds going away or just about effin' life in general? I tend to have a small grey cloud hanging over my head at all times, but sometimes the sun manages to peek through. Wish we could make you feel better. *scuttles off to buy a card and a loooooong necklace*

Well, the units are back from Maui and they had an awful time, as per usual. Awful time in Mexico, awful time in Cuba and awful time in Hawaii. What else is new? Dad says they may as well just stay home where there aren't so many d*mn people running around. Mummy got a rash on her arm just after they arrived on the island and it grew and grew until they finally figured out that it was shingles. Ugh. She's had it a couple of times before but not for years. Brought on by all the rushing around doing unnecessary stuff before they went on vacation. Excellent.

And then Mummy e mails me forwarding a mail she got from my English cousin who's living in Switzerland with her French boyfriend. Apparently the two of them are not getting on very well lately and Mummy thinks I should give this lovely girl some words of wisdom since I've been married for about a hundred years and know everything. Me??? Words of relationship wisdom??? That's a good one! Besides, I hardly know this cousin and would't she think it was weird if I just pop in and offer her advice after reading an e mail that was meant for someone else?

We're going to the animal shelter tomorrow and may come home with a dog. Or not. I don't know. I love dogs, but the thought of running around after yet another living creature is kind of freaking me out. Would be a good reason to get me out walking, though.

Didn't exercise today but thought seriously about it. This was actually the first day I've felt relatively normal since before Christmas. Must be the spring air.

TPBM has gained 4 lbs in the last month.

Wabby
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
True! I know I already posted today, but that TPBM was meant for me, I just know it.

Sugar, that was 3 good vacations wasted on the parental units. They should have just sent you. I'm sure you would have had a wonderful time. How hard is it to have a wonderful time in Hawaii????

Can you tell how lonely I am today by how many times I keep popping back here?

TPBM keeps track of all her old boyfriends from kindergarten on up.

PainterWoman
03-21-2005, 11:44 PM
False. There's that one that's probably a serial killer... so I lay low... And another no longer has email. So. I make myself happy with DH.

Peachy... I'd concoct something way cool to do and tell ex H that HE can do the chaufeur duty, or tell DS that HE can make the arrangements and you and DS can meet up later and compare notes on the evening. That way he knows you CARE, but that you HAVE A LIFE! It was different when DS, ExH, DH, ExBest Friend (ExH's new-ish wife) were all out of state for DS's graduation from college. We sucked it up and had brunch... on Mother's Day no less... but it actually was sort of like old times. The men (all 3) talked SF and physics. ExBestFr and I talked business, politics and feminism...
Weird, but tolerable.

Sug... I hope you didn't inherit the make-yourself-miserable-on-vacation gene. (My MIL had shingles around Christmas. It's one thing to get fat out of self sabotage... but that doesn't really "hurt", ya know? Shingles really hurt. Sorry for your mom even if she's managing to bring it on herself. Surely SHE's been married longer than you and can give her OWN advice to cousin!!

OK. I'm off to the weird news of the evening.
Any thoughts about "Futile attempts at prolonging life" in Florida?

TPBM wants her own store to sell neat stuff, too.

Kiwonk
03-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Nah, I don't think I'm the sales type. I just want to go visit it and buy things.

I have kept up with one old bf way more than the others; we were friends before we dated and we are still good friends. The others, I know some of what has happened to most of them, have seen a couple of them in the years since--the artist, the lawyer--but not really actively keeping up with them. The majority of them I think I'd rather forget. Although there are a couple I am curious about -- are they still good looking? Are they successful, married, have kids, happy? It's all very intriguing, but not worth making a fool of myself over -- not a one of those do I regret leaving behind.

doesn't it sound like the same show??? Agree with me.
Nope, sorry, no can do. Wickedly Perfect is a reality show type competition, the new craft thing is a game show. The craft show is more like that Robot competition--the contestants are challenged to make a particular kind of craft. The next week it's a different bunch of people, I think. Wickedly Perfect is more like The Apprentice or Survivor.

Anyway, sorry you're depressed. Me too. My life depresses me even when I'm not depressed. Let's all feel better.

DD got her prom dress today. I took a few pics of her trying it on. I will post one in a bit.

I think you should not go to the get-together, especially not just because you are there and don't want to come back to get DS. I think you should drop him off and then go do something you enjoy. If it were me, I would go to a movie or something, but I like going to movies alone, and that would depress some people. This is why he needs his drivers license; so you don't have to see Herbie.

Congrats on the baseboard Wabbit. Our house is like that; there are all these places that are not quite finished the way they ought to be. Some of it is our laziness, some of it the people before us neglected.

We had a big old "discussion" yesterday, DH and I, about the house and his job and all this crap. It was depressing. I was depressed before it and I'm still depressed. DH however is energized to get going on the house. Well, that's good, anyway. I hope it lasts more than 3 seconds.

-------i am SO not used to such events since i have been home and AVAILABLE AT ALL HOURS FOR TWENTY ONE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----i definitely DID not like the situation.Oh no, that's the worst part of this whole enterprise. As long as everything goes okay at home, you can enjoy the shop. Hope he's soon feeling better. Good luck working out the details. Wish I could come spell you at the shop!

Yes, we still have lots of snow. It is starting to melt, roofs are clearing, sidewalks are getting bare, but the snowbanks are huge and not going away any time soon. DD and her friend went cross-country skiing yesterday in the woods. The trail was fine. There is still ample snowshoeing from my house. Not being near the ocean, this stuff just stays and stays. Hopefully DD won't have to wear snowboots under her prom dress in May. :lol:

We're going to the animal shelter tomorrow and may come home with a dog. Or not. I don't know. I love dogs, but the thought of running around after yet another living creature is kind of freaking me out. Would be a good reason to get me out walking, though. Ooh, yes, get a dog. I want a dog. I went for a walk this afternoon in Othertown while DD had guitar lessons, and there were so many dogs outside, being walked or just hanging out in the sunshine. I wannnnnnnnnt a dog. Maybe I'll start checking out the humane society listings, but my breeder apparently hasn't gotten anything going yet.

You asked for it: rant alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you had to bring up the Fla. woman, Painty--and I can't let it go without comment! That case is so sad. I can't help but feel that the parents are deluding themselves into thinking if only they were the ones taking care of her, she would get better. Obviously if the doctors thought there was a chance of that, they would not all be signing off on this. And the poor guy who has had to look like the mean "ex" for trying to put the poor woman out of her misery; he's been in an awful position too. Surely if he didn't honestly think she would not want to hang on this way, he would just divorce her and let her family do what they want? Or has this gotten to the point of entrenched stubbornness on both sides and there is no way to know what's right?

The only thing that is so not right is Congress getting in the middle of this. That is the most cynical thing I've ever heard and they should be ashamed of themselves. And just because he's so at the center of this kind of stupidity, I am going to post another really stupid Bush quote:

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." -- GDubyaB, Los Angeles, September 27, 2000.

After which intelligent statement, we elected him the leader of our country.
:rolleyes:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Good grief I'm long winded!

You have to see this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5566772697&rd=1), it's unbelievable. I'm thinking of putting our family's No Monsters sign up for sale, that dd made when she was tiny.

TPBM was terrified of monsters under her bed.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-22-2005, 07:21 AM
kiwonk!! that ebay thing has to be some kind of joke! did you see the other stuff she is selling for a dollar????crazy !!!-----------

Cowpernia
03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't get the whole thing, Kiwi. She's been this way since she was 25 and is now 40. How long were they married? He's with someone else now and .. do they have a child? I think so but not sure. I don't see why he doesn't bow out and leave her to her parents.

Cowpernia
03-22-2005, 11:32 AM
found this:

"I'm going to follow Terri's wish if it's the last thing I do," Schiavo told King, who had difficulty challenging any of Schiavo's assertions and was surprised to learn he had fathered a child with his girlfriend. Schiavo failed to tell him a second child is on the way."

I wouldn't think, from that, that he would be the person most interested in Terri's well being. This is not to say that I think he's wrong. I don't know. If I were Terri, though, I'd want my parents making the decisions.

Kiwonk
03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Well, to some extent I agree with you about her parents being her best advocates. But on the other hand, why is he so determined to fight for this? It can't be because he wants to "get on with his life" because he's already done that. Unless there's some gigantic monetary settlement involved that I've never heard of, it has to be either pure stubbornness or that he very genuinely believes he's doing the right thing for her.

Cowpernia
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
There's some money but I've read that he's been offered more to get out. I think he may doing what's best for her but is it best for her other family? He's Catholic? Can't divorce? I don't know. Just personally know I'd be really realllly p*ss*d if the life/death of my child was being determined by someone who knew him for a few years then went on to start another family while still claiming to be her husband.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35304

Bagzz
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
YOU WEIGH ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE---------YOU SKINNY BAG!!!!----HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BRAGGING ABOUT THIS---I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WEIGHED ONE FIFTY ONE AT THE WINN DIXIE!!!! i need to watch american idol-----is anyone else hooked on this--------i guess i just like any idol----BUT I STILL LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MY KALAN!!!! HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!as far as that poor girl goes----i agree with peach----her parents should have the greater say!

Kiwonk
03-22-2005, 08:53 PM
We've been watching Am. Idol every week. Except for the show on Wednesday where all they do is waste time until they tell you who lost the last week; I haven't watched that one at all this season. 15 minutes till it starts here!

Wow. I remember weighing under 140. It was before I quit smoking, before I got married, before before before.

I'm uploading a photo or 2. Wish me luck

TPBM wants DD's prom dress for her very own.

Kiwi

SugP
03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
True!!! It's a smashing dress and dd looks beautiful. I want it. I know I could never sausage myself into it, but still. Can you imagine what that lacing would look like on a flabby someone with back fat and no waist?

When I was around 25 I weighed 126!!! And when I started at WLB I remember being 147.5. It's criminal. I know I'm eating out of frustration right now and it's hard to stop. Food is just fills the void nicely. Must find another substitute. Maybe knitting or cross stitch? Last night I put on my walkin' shoes and did three miles with Leslie so it's a start.

TPBM is buying a new dress for Easter.

Cowpernia
03-23-2005, 09:04 AM
False. I hate to go to church on Easter because it's so crowded and phoney. Also, I do not want the dress. I want the figure. she's GOREGEOUSS.

DS leaves for Spain in two days. Am not going to the dinner with Herb because he sent DS email saying he'd be the only young person there as the others live so far. They live closer than us. Then he sent email to everyone saying, "If you're thinking about bringing any funny stuff to make you feel good, remember that Spain is like Turkey and they'll put you under the jail and nothing anyone can do about it."

I told DS not to let herbie's grandkids touch his luggage if Herbie has these fears.

I weighed 139 that morning. Not this morning. No reason to brag.

TPBM has a clean bedroom floor.

Wabby
03-23-2005, 01:08 PM
True, except for DH's boots that he can't fit in his closet. I don't know what to do about those. The man has more boots, coats and hats than anyone on the face of the earth. Also more fishing tackle.

DD will look stunning in that dress, Kiwi.

I'm eating because I have nothing more interesting to do, Sugar. I'm back up past the 150 mark, which is my official weight that I hate myself at. I've got to do something about it. Congrats on the Leslie walk - have you noticed I haven't made a peep about Leslie for weeks?

Bagzie, isn't it the pits when things fall apart on the homefront and you have to actually show up for work???? I hate that. Anyway, I hated it when my kids were little. There is nothing more stressful. I went to a cute new shop yesterday and spent some money in your honor, Bagzie. It was called Willows and they had the cool kind of stuff you do. Of course not as cool as your stuff, but I can't afford the airfare to NB right now.

So Peachez, what are your plans for yourself while DS is in Spain? I hope you've planned something special for yourself.

Guess I should get busy here.

TPBM has her own monster under the bed.

Kiwonk
03-23-2005, 04:46 PM
No, all my monsters are in my head. I actually had a dream last night that I was taking a nap in my clothes and my doctor (whose name is the same as one of the Am. Idol judges) walked into my room, took one look at me and said "are you fully dressed? What are you doing in bed in the middle of the day?" :o How embarrassing. I think I need to quit taking naps....

Last night I put on my walkin' shoes and did three miles with Leslie so it's a start.Yay Sugar! I need to do that today.

Then he sent email to everyone saying, "If you're thinking about bringing any funny stuff to make you feel good, remember that Spain is like Turkey and they'll put you under the jail and nothing anyone can do about it."Good grief! Doesn't that just fill you with confidence?

I'm actually dreading having to shop for a dress for my nephew's wedding, even while I'm putting money aside for it. Where should I shop? What should I look for? I was looking in the Coldwater Creek catalog and they had some real nice dresses and 2 piece outfits, and I have a 40% off coupon until next month. But I'd have to order it and hope it fit in May. Blah. I hate shopping.

TPBM sings while she drives.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-23-2005, 05:26 PM
TRUE TRUE ... I try to make DS worry that I'll do with someone else in the car. We carpool with a girl from his high school. That's when I fell for the leader of the pack. oh. yeah!

Kiwi, just get a muu muu with really nice flowers on it. One you can wear to bed in the middle of the day WHILE I'M AT OWRK!!!! You rat.

Do you all think that now that we have Painty, we should think about recruiting another cow to replace those who have abandoned us?

TPBM had a sensible breakfast.

SugP
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
True! Tropical fruit salad with yogurt and a biiiiiiig glass of water.

I went downtown today because I wanted to get powdered green tea to make green tea shortbread cookies (Martha knows how) but they didn't have any so I bought a new bathrobe instead and now I'm all blue and green and snuggly and I can throw my ratty white bathrobe with the tea stains OUT. So there.

Many, many people with back fat downtown. Didn't make me feel much better though. Will do Leslie again tomorrow. The plan now is to get down to at least 160 by my birthday which is two months away. That's doable, right?

Kiwi, just get a muu muu with really nice flowers on it. One you can wear to bed in the middle of the day WHILE I'M AT OWRK!!!! You rat.
Hee! That almost made me spit tea on my computer screen. Kiwi, I think you should go for a two-piecer that you can combine with other stuff and wear again.

Did I mention that I got dh the MOST romantic birthday present ever? A pressure-washer for the deck! He just had to have it. Nothing says love like power tools, eh? And he actually used it today so the wooden deck is shiny clean and ready for spring. We barbequed this evening. In the dark. Really. It's an old tradition.

Oh yeah, no dice yet on the dog. There were some very cute smallish Jack Russell types at the shelter however they were spoken for and other than that they only had the usual pitt bulls and German shepherds which I am not equipped to deal with. And then there was Henry, a maltese mixed with something else who was ADORABLE, but he was 10 years old already. Nearly broke my heart to leave him there - maybe we should go back and get him. And the kitties!!! - the wonderful, sweet, beautiful kitties. If I wasn't allergic I would have taken them all home.

TPBM feeds stray cats.

Cowpernia
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
True. But I don't mean to.

Henry won't be any trouble. He's all house broken and good with kids. You can always get him a pal later.

TPBM pays more than $2.04 for gas.

Wabby
03-23-2005, 07:36 PM
True, of course. It's 2.14 a gallon at the station across the street. Except my car prefers the mid grade which is $2.35 a gallon. Thank my lucky stars I never go anywhere.

DD has invited DH, DS & gf, and I over for dinner tonight. She's grilling something outdoors. I'm so happy that my child can actually cook dinner for me - and do the dishes! She was griping the other day about how messy her roommate is. I told her it was Karma coming back to get her for being messy when she lived at home. hee.

Love the mu-mu idea. In fact, I think mu-mu's will be the fashion statement to wear this summer. Along w/ flip-flops that I don't have to bend over to put on.

TPBM is cooking her own dinner tonight.

Bagzz
03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
yes!@@@!! for dinner i had chips and grapes and jujube and caramilk easter eggs,with cranberry diet pop for a drink!!!-----went to ds's hockey game {he played net} that is so fun,drinking hot chocolate,sitting watching the kids---they are such great skaters and i can hardly get around the rink without hanging onto the boards!!!------this is the first year in YEARS that i haven't gotten my EASTER displays out-----i could blame it on work,but i think that the real problem is that easter is too early-----------seems weird to have it in March----------who is having a big dinner----my dear sissy has a MAN!!! she is dating a really nice guy who has kids too and they are hosting Easter Dinner-----it will be three years this summer since George died and i guess we are all ready for her to be happy again-----the kids like him,i like him----it's really nice--------SHUGA!!! YOUR bathrobe sounds divine---is it chanielle???? i laughed me arse off at the description of kiwonk's mumu---i want one too!!! what a nice contrast that would be to kiwietta's gorgeous red gown and stunning figure!!! lets all get our pics taken in our new mumus and get kiwi to make a collage--- we can have our own website----COWS IN MOOMOOS!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA----------TIME FOR BED-----by the way wabby0-0-------------i am jealous of your dd's dinner invite----i want one of those from my ddz!!! xoxoxo

Kiwonk
03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
You betcha -- broiled salmon and mahimahi with soy/lemon/dill sauce and from scratch broccoli risotti. Jealous? Had 2 kinds of fish because I didn't have enough salmon. It was frozen filet pieces, not as good as fresh, but not at all bad!

I went downtown today because I wanted to get powdered green tea to make green tea shortbread cookies (Martha knows how) but they didn't have any so I bought a new bathrobe instead and now I'm all blue and green and snuggly and I can throw my ratty white bathrobe with the tea stains OUT. So there.Very interesting. It's like one of those 6 degrees of separation things. (Only it's 5)

Ratty white bathrobe with tea stains --> green tea shortbread --> shopping for green tea --> shopping for bathrobe --> new bathrobe, no tea!

Cool, huh? You didn't know you led such a symmetrical life, did you? I think it's great that you gave DH power tools! I'm sure he's never been happier. Reminds me of the time I gave DH a mailbox and a lampshade for his birthday. Go figure.

Totally cool to be entertained by DD, Wab. I got a big thrill when DD made us crepes a few weeks ago. If they only knew how little it takes to please us, eh?

TPBM is sooooooooooo tired.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh hi Bagz, we posted at the exact same time! Hey, you didn't cook anything, you just went grazing for dinner!

Yeah, it's just what a need, another muumuu! You know, this is not so funny considering that a few years ago when one of my sisters got married, I went to Filene's and bought what, looking back on it, I can only call a vile 2 layer muumuu. I don't know what possessed me to actually wear it in public. And worse, the damn thing was washable, but one of the layers shrunk in the wash, so it no longer even looks like a 2 layer dress, it just looks like poop on a stick. Well, that would be while it's on the hanger. On me it looks like poop on a potato.

Sorry, I'm punchy. I just got finished registering DD online for the SAT test. She was so tired she was practically limp and giggly by the time we were done.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Y'all sound less depressed. Maybe it's the muu muu image... or naps and dreams.
Knitting does help keep the grazing in check because you can't do both at the same time. Unfortunately, you are sitting which doesn't raise your metapolic rate!!
Bravo to all of us who give what people want rather than what we think they SHOULD have or SHOULD want! Power tools? OK. I wish my hubby wanted a vaccuum... Oh. right. He did and HE got it. :lol:
I recommend pets. I could feel myself relaxing when Puppy the Cat came and found my lap (It's pretty much buried under my stomach... rather like wildflowers under snow). I can exercise her with the laser pencil. A dog would get me out more... but dogs aren't "self-cleaning" to the same extent... so at cat it is until I officially retire and have more time.

I've bought quite a bit on line from Coldwater Creek. I LIKE IT. And their sizes run true to what they say they do. I tend to need extra ease in the rear... and a non-stretchy silk sheath was the only item that didn't fit when I got it.And if you have DSL or lots of patience it's worth going through the sale pages.

OK. I need to make my prioritized to do list and get cracking.
It's Thursday. So there'll be LOTS of posts, right?

TPBM actually has a few power tools of her own.

Wabby
03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Sorta true. I bought my own sander, but it's disappeared. I do, however, have my own tool box. I need a bigger one, because it's like a purse - things multiply and then it's overflowing and I can't get the latch closed.

I bought a shirt from Coldwater Creek last Saturday while out shopping w/ my friend. It's a crisp white button down. I've always wanted a plain white shirt and this one looks starched even when it's not. Very nice.

I used to crochet when kids were little and I had way too much time watching gymnastics and swimming classes. We still have a couple of those afghans. If it would keep me from eating I should start again. There is a yarn shop close by that has open knitting night where you can go hang out and get help w/ your projects. They serve champagne and chocolate. I'd end up w/ very messy yarn.

DD's menu last night - Chicken kabobs, grilled marinated shrimp, hamburgers, potato salad, spinach salad & coconut cream pie for dessert. Also a cheese dip w/ crackers for appetizer. I'm so glad she learned to cook. When DS & gf were leaving, he hugged DD and told her he loved her --- ahhhh, so nice to hear after all those years of sibling rivalry.

Bagzie, don't feel too bad about not doing the Easter displays - it does feel way too early this year - I'm just doing an easy ham dinner at home for my immediate family and Grandpa Jim. I don't have a single display up either - but that's normal for me. I still need to go get Easter basket supplies for my babies - oh yeah, they're grown - but they still believe in the Easter bunny.

TPBM still believes in the Easter bunny too.

Cowpernia
03-24-2005, 03:01 PM
False. I wasn't raised with any Easter Bunny. I like the chocolate ones, though.

I have a complaint. A local chain office supply store advertised almost everything in the store 15 percent off. So I went in. All the employees were under 21 and knew not a whole lot. There were 2 ink cartridges that would fit my printer Lexmark 16 and Lexmark 17. I asked the difference and was told "That one's 16 and that one's 17." Finally, I left. Today I returned and found an adult. I told him I wanted the 17 but not the one THE ONLY ONE on the shelf as it had been opened. I wanted a rain check. Actually, I wanted to get two of 'em on the sale. Grumpy man said no rain check becuase they're not out of them. They've got that one. I argued that it was opened. He opened it again, removed the tape, and took out the cartridge in the mylar. I agree it's 99.9 percent ok but I don't want to buy an expensive item that's been through any rejection process. I want fresh and dependable. I called the corporate office to complain, especially as this store advertises that if they're ever out of any ink or toner, you get $20 off it when it comes in and they deliver. The guy on the phone had the same attitude. There was one there and you should buy it if you want the product. No rain check.

I wonder if it's a game they play. If someone bought that opened one, would they suddenly find another to put on the shelf to avoid the $20 off and delivery?

Store name rhymes with tax.

TPBM hasn't complained about a store in over 10 years.

Kiwonk
03-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Ha! I complain about stores all the time. Most of it I do online or in letters, though. I wrote a letter to Staples telling them their website was utterly unworkable. That was years ago; they had to give me free shipping and they did change their site. I can't believe these people won't give you a raincheck if you want 2 cartridges and they only have 1. I don't think you have anything to worry about with an unopened inner package, but still. They are stupid.

I've bought quite a bit on line from Coldwater Creek. I LIKE IT. And their sizes run true to what they say they do.......it's worth going through the sale pages.Thanks for the suggestion/info. I think I will look further at them.

DH is making dinner tonight. I am not up to it. I got about an hour of sleep last night, despite going to bed a little earlier than usual, or maybe because of that. Anyway I finally got disgusted with listening to DH wheeze and clank and went downstairs and holed up on the couch. About 10 minutes later, DD got up. I finally went back to bed after everybody left this morning and slept for 7 hours and woke up with a blazing headache. I managed to do some laundry and clean the bathroom, yay me. I still feel crappy. :faint: I actually scared myself a couple of times looking in the mirror. So I'm not doing dinner.

TPBM would feel sorry for me, but she doesn't have time.

Kiwi

P.S. I believe in the Easter bunny.
P.P.S. I am still downloading that file you sent, Bagz.
P.P.P.S. I can't remember what else I was going to say

Cowpernia
03-24-2005, 08:21 PM
False. I have time because Bagz's file download QUICKLY for me. Poor Kiwi.

Guess what I'm doing on Saturday?????? GuesssSSSSS. Ok. I'm going to a little shop called Shear Pleasures and having a ONE HOUR MASSAGE><

I want it now.

Thanks to DS, we now have Linux on our puter. Anybody know how to use i

Wonderful about your sissy, Batz. Yay. Is he American?

TPBM has been a Mystery Shopper.

Lohani
03-25-2005, 01:06 PM
This is why I haven’t posted. I have spent my morning figuring out what TPBM means. I have been forced to read all kinds of old posts to come up with the answer. I had to go back over a month. Like I have nothing better to do? Ach. Anyway, I don’t know anything about being a mystery shopper, so I guess the answer is false.
I saw some questions regarding DD.
1. Her prom dress is white. It is Grecian looking…very gathered at the bust so that she can wear a significant bra but otherwise, very wispy. It is strapless. It is beauteous. She plans to tan until her skin dries out. Should I approve of this?
2. She is still up in the air. She has been accepted to the two large NJ U’s. She will most likely go to the 2nd in size because you can see the NYC skyline from the campus, which is why she wants to go to school up there. She is still focusing on Psych. This school offers a 5 yr pharmacy or 7 yr med degree if she wants to go that way (both relate to psych). She has two years to fully commit. But she is thinking in terms of straight research psych right now.
3. I have a concern about Cowper’s DS going to Spain with people suspected of drugs.
4. I like Kiwiette’s dress.
5. I am officially on Easter Vac. I must take boys to bike store and DD to movies and mall. She had her wisdom teeth out this week and is a tad impossible to live with. Shopping should be fun.
Must go…hi to all.

Cowpernia
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
It is so nice to hear from Lashbut. If she comes in more regularly, I'll say it's better than nice.

Here is how we can bring our thread to a complete and final halt. Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

I learned this when I attempted to quiz DS about his philosophy class. They discuss Terri Shiavo but he won't tell me anything that's said. I asked if it hinted at ****sm .. determining that the handicapped should not live .. and he said, "Mom, look at Godwin's Law. You lose."

So I did and I have.

TPBM already knew about this.

SugP
03-25-2005, 03:37 PM
False. Too much for my tiny brain today. Ds is so smart.

Hi Lushy!!!

I have a headache. We went through the deep freeze today and wrote down what was in there because we keep buying new food thinking we have none when in fact the d*mn thing is full to the brim. I hate menu planning. Must go to the in-laws for an Easter-like dinner tomorrow night which will leave us to look for eggs in peace on Sunday. Yay.

I did Leslie again yesterday and she totally kicked my arse. Lost half a pound. Go me.

TPBM is about to start a new thread.

Wabby
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Nope, because I can't think of a witty heading.

You go girl, you walkin' Sugar P.... and I know what you mean about menu planning and grocery shopping and cooking and dishwashing and the whole schmear. Why did we get elected to feed ppl - and they want to be fed every day. No wonder we have weight problems - our entire life is obsessing about food..... and ... The problem w/ freezers is that the food is always frozen when you need to cook it.

Hi Lush. You sound busy. Of course I'm an extremely busy woman, constantly doing unbelievably important things and I make time to post. I guess you just have to have your priorities straight.

Peach, enjoy your massage - you deserve some pampering.

And hi and goodbye to everyone else. You cute cowsies have a loverly Easter and I hope the bunny brings you the good chocolate, not just peeps.

TPBM really is going to start a new thread.

Cowpernia
03-25-2005, 06:18 PM
False. I would start one if it were April because DS gifted me with a heading on the way to the airport.

One of the entourage walked up to me and said, "Hi. I'm Herbie's EX son in law." I shook his hand and said, "We're all his EX somethings, I guess." He went on to say that Herbie is quite a guy to take everyone to Spain. I guess.

I am in my underwear because I can be. This is what happens when the house is empty.

Thank you, Wabbo, I REALLY want the massage. I want aroma therapy and nice water sounds in the background. We'll see what I get.

Sugar, the thing that gets rid of headaches is pork. Have you tried that? I know a woman who lived in Spain for several years. She said they eat rabbit and seafood. DS won't eat shellfish because I don't. I want him to try it but he refuses. He may be forced this week, you think?

TPBM thinks it's ok to accept Herbie's generosity and still call him an *ss.