Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2005, 07:35 PM   #1  

Smile a newbie who needs help

Hi this is my first post! I’m joining because I’ve seen how great this forum is, and I really need the support to lose those last 15 pounds. I have been stuck on this weight for around 4 months and I really don’t know what else to do. Any advice at this point would be great!

sofia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #2  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Welcome!

Hi there. Congratulations on the weight you have lost. 48 lbs. lost is great. But, of course, the last bit is the hardest. I'd say you've hit a plateau, but 4 months is a bit long for just a plateau. Since I don't know what your eating habits are, or if you are on any regular exercise plan, I can only suggest that maybe you step up the exercise. You're probably eating the right amount if you've already lost 48 lbs, but your body has evidently gotten used to what you're currently doing. I would add another 30 minutes a week of cardio to what you're already doing. It's not really very much over a week, but it might just be the little bit that gets your weight loss going again. Also, you need to consider what your goal is. Is it reasonable? Muscle is heavier than fat. And 164 with a unfit body is not the same as 164 and a fit body. 164 with a flabby body will look fat, and it will be. But 164 with a toned body could possibly be a good weight for you. It's just a thought.
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #3  

Hey rtardif!! You’re so right about the exercise!, I "think" I eat right (about 1,300-1,400 cal. and mostly whole wheat, soy products, chicken, fish, and some vegetables (not a big fan )) but I don’t exercise as much as I’m supposed to . Because of my work and being a full time student I spend most of my time sitting in a chair, anyways two weeks ago I started going to spinning classes 2-3 times a week for an hour, I hope that helps!
sofia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  

Aside from adding a bit more exercise, I've found that staggering my calories helps when I get stuck. I usually take in about 1500 calories. But I work towards an average of that over the course of a week instead of daily. In otherwords, I don't always eat the same number of calories two days in a row - maybe 1200 one day, 2000 the next, then 1500, back to 1200- but I make sure that my average calorie intake per day is still 1500. This always seems to help get my weight moving in the right direction again. I exercise regularly and do weight training so I'm getting pretty solid at this point (I started at 214 and am at about 168-69 right now) so I don't put too much emphasis on the scale number anymore but I do still have fat weight to lose so it is still a factor in monitoring my progress.

Good luck!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote