South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking Monday Chick chat 3/7/05

Quick start up! Off to make coffee and write lunch checks. What's goin on in your world this mornin?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm working on my first coffee. Got a load of socks in the dryer. Am giving that darned cabinet its fifth coat of paint today. And am going out for dinner/movie tonight with a girlfriend. We're going to see Million Dollar Baby.

Bamie, those daffodils are so pretty.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. A quick one for me too. March Break here so I have no me time at all.
Back on track today.
Bamie- enjoy your coffee.
Ellis- Hope you enjoy the movie.

A question for you chicks this morning. What do you guys know about canker sores?
My youngest has been getting them alot lately. I did a little surfering and they say they can be an allergy thing?? She does have environmental allergies but I not sure that that would bring them on. Just looking for a little insight.

Have a great day chicks I will try to check back in later.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Awww that's better! One more week of freedom and then the kids are off here for 2 weeks! DS will spend the first week at his dad's. (YES!) DD is definatly goin to Australia to play soccer this summer as a People to People Sports Ambassador for the US! We are all very excited! Now we just have to raise the money. Her and DH sat last night typin up letters askin for sponsorship. I told 'em I needed one as well so I can tag along! They are goin to stay and play where the Olympians did. Not much happenin around here today. Finish up my laundry. I finally have all the dust cleaned up! I think! I'm sure there is some still hiding from me. DH still needs to finish up the baseboards. He cut one wrong and has to get more!

Ellis...You poor thing! I hate having to coat and recoat and recoat! I hope you get it done today! Have fun at the movies. I hate doin socks! But I hate feet! When I am puttin laundry in the washer I wear rubber gloves cause I ain't touchin nobody's nasty socks! (or anything else!)

Little Chick...That should be called snow break for y'all! I have no idea what causes those stinkin things but I know I hate them! Poor lil dear!

To the rest who have or will peck in have a great day!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:03 AM   #5  

Little Chick, it could very well be something she's eating. I get them more frequently if I eat a lot of citrus fruit.
You should probably try eliminating some of the foods she's having. It may take a bit of experimenting. (yeah, like you really have time for THAT! heh heh)

It's snowing again, damnit!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #6  

Bamie, that is so cool about your DD! Good for her!!
DH is taking today off, and will be cutting our baseboards.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! You chicks have the day well underway!

I have been up since 6, fed and pottied the Girls and then sat and cuddled with them while I watched the 7 AM news. That's the new morning routine as I am tired of leaping into my day. I did water plants, get my own breakfast and do the Harry routine so I'm not a complete slug!

Ellis, I am really hoping one more coat will do it for those frassing cabinets. Nice that Mr Wonderful is taking today off to do baseboards. Enjoy the movie and resist the snacks!

Bamie, that is so great about your DD going to Australia! I bet your whole family is all excited. What day is your test this week?

Little Chick, isn't it stupid to have March break when the weather is awful? Or is it awful down your way? I have no idea re canker sores. I do know that putting an aspirin on them helps with the pain. Poor DD!

We have a sprinkle of snow again. The weather forecast was grim this morning - 20 cm on the way! That's about 8 inches for the metrically challenged. However, I read back in my garden journal and discovered last March was like this too but was OK by the end of the month. I even saw a robin on March 10. Today I am going to start some cuttings from a house plant that has gone nuts over the winter. It's a Cape Primrose or streptocarpella and has lovely little violet-like flowers. That will get me feeling springlike. By the way, I have that days to spring website playing in the background and am listening to bird calls.

The Schedule: Treadmill while the knee feels good and then those darn physio exercises - in moderation! I need to make a batch of dogfood before doggie suppertime. They'll eat "store-bought" but Lucy sits and looks at it in disgust, gives a doggy sigh and then eats it. I swear she really is human!

Have a super Monday.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:42 AM   #8  

Ruth, it's a blizzard here.
That website only gives one chirp for me.
You don't happen to have a Jerusalem Cherry, do you? If you ever see one, could you pick it up for me, and I'll pay you back, please? I lost mine last winter, and it was my favourite house plant.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Blizzard here too. Ellis. I lost my Jerusalem Cherry years ago! Sorry! I'll keep my eye peeled for one but they are usually available around Christmas.

The website gives intermittent chirps - like a real bird. Remember them?

Gotta get on the phone. Margo of the Hyper Pypers wants me to track down a cottage rental for this summer. Catch y'all later!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #10  
Ready!!!

Good morning to you all,
Very busy around this part of the world. PAINTING AND GETTING MY FINISH UP AND AROUND. I am so proud as I cut it and angled it MYSELF Fourty-five deg. angles are
The painter I hired on Friday was all day doing half of the room I will not get her again as now I know I can do it. I painted my hall last night and it looks great.
Today I am off to the accountant, the physo dept(for a massage on bad back and neck) painting really helps that, NOT) Then tonight I go to donate blood, my 62nd.
I am trying to remove paper from the front room wall , any suggestions?
LC my DH would always get canker sores after eating critus fruit, as Ellis said.
Think, has she been eating a lot of that?
Well I will check back later,
Lucy is a happy cat, birds and chipmunks are at our feeders.
Love Tazcat
Old 03-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Morning Ladies~

Been MIA for about a week due to illness! UGH! I am not completely over it but I think for the most part I am. Thank goodness! Weight has been stalled all week, but it's ok, I was sick & didn't eat so on phase. So, I'm back on track today.

Signed up for Walk Across Kansas. It runs for 8wks. Sooo, that is 8wks of committed exercise. Can't beat that right?? I HAVE to walk. HEHE

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I am going to have to catch up on all the good gossip I missed. Weather was wonderful this weekend!! Back to cold today though I think... *SIGH*

Hope you ladies have a great day!!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

I was kind of rushed this morning since one of the teachers had a flat tire on the way to work this am. There goes my chiropracter appt this morning.

I did however remember my cinnamon spenda pecans, and popcorn califlower and chicken breast. So that is good at least I'll have an OP lunch today.

Bami - congrats to your daughter! How come your kids get two weeks for spring break? Maybe no snow days?

little chick - L-lysine will take the sting out of them and help them heal faster. My X used to get them from tomatoes. I once got a huge one from redskin peanuts. DM get them all the time from citrus. It is a virus I believe and certain foods can trigger them. Good luck.

Ruth - My dog was a food snob too! He loved chocolate I would have to put it on top of the fridge because he was so tall he could pull it right off the counter. He would get into DS Easter basket if it was left unattended.

Ellis - Wow - I want to see those cabinets when they are done! post a picture.

taz cat - Do you have a steamer? That is how the pro's take wallpaper down. My first hubby was a decorator. Remember - painting is all in the prep work! Anyone can paint! It takes me a couple of house to tape everything off and get everything covered up, then paint away!

Amblyn - Crank some Vitmin C's every hour, get some zinc lozenges and take your multi vitamin every day! You've got to pull out of this! You've been sick a long time! take care!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Woke up early this morning also,and had my first tea at 6 A.M. The sun is shining and I hope it stays out as tomorrow were going to have a bath with the rain thats coming. Hopefully it will wash away the snow as I get back to the beach to do my walking.

Bamie Thanks for starting the thread. WoW!! you must be so proud of your DD playing soccer for the USA in Austrilia Big Congrat. My Dh niece is great in soccer also,but not near your Daughter.

Ellis5 COATS Wow!! How come its still showeing though. Maybe you should have used a primer before painting ????

amb_lyn I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. Here some[[[get well vibes]]] Congrat on your exercising comittment That a great way to keep going.

Have a nice a day. Hugs BB
Old 03-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It feels like Spring here today, Yipee! I was even too warm with my coat on. There are huge rivers of melting snow across the parking lots and roads, so all this snow is finally melting away! I was up and out early, went to Curves, then hairdresser, then got groceries. Now I can relax for a while. I had a great weekend, I spent it at my DD's, and we started getting things ready for the christening next Sunday. The baby is getting so big and she smiles and coos at everyone. Of course that's because she has so many people around who just dote on her. I was able to spend some time with my DD's husband too, we don't see each other as often as we'd like to. I really lucked out on SIL's, he's a great guy and a wonderful husband and father. Got home last night to find my son and his family here. Jake and DS were grilling steaks and my DIL was preparing potatoes and veggies. They even got some salmon for me, but I had already eaten at DD's before I left, so will save that for another day.

Bamie ~ That's exciting news about your DD going to Australia! I hope you're able to go too!

Ellis ~ Amovie out with friends sounds good, enjoy yourself!

L. C. ~ Glad you're back on track! I can't help you RE the canker sores, but I do know that you can get them from eating acidic foods.

Ruth ~ Bet that felt good to just ease into your day this morning. Why do we always feel like we have to hit the day running? You're girls are so lucky to have you, making them homemade dog food! No wonder they love you so much!

Tazcat ~ You are really busy these days, wow!

Amber ~ I had that nasty sickness 2 weeks ago. I'm glad you're mostly over it now, it's miserable. You're Walk Across Kansas sounds like fun.

Anchor Weight ~ I read your posting yesterday about you makaing all that OP food for the next week, good for you! You are really determined to stay OP, and give me the inspiration I need not to stray. Cheers!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning to you, Beach Bum!
Closed Thread