Carb Counters - what have i done

View Full Version : what have i done

insekur
03-06-2005, 04:18 PM
This is like my fiftieth attempt at losing weight the Locarb way. The very first time I did the Atkins diet i think i lost about 30-40 lbs. However, i can't stay on the diet for even two weeks now. Tomorrow would have been two weeks since I restarted, but i had to go and ruin it by 1)drinking like 5 beers on friday, michelob ultra, so that's not terrible but 2) eating mexican food for lunch and dinner yesterday along with desert at each meal. I just had to let that out. I was in ketosis for most of the last two weeks, i'm wondering does anyone know if i have sabatoged the last two weeks with my carelessness the last few days?

Leenie
03-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi,
Welcome !!!

I really couldn't tell you if you are out of ketosis. Have you tried those ketosis sticks?
Insekure, if you are having such a hard time at low carbing then how about trying another plan. Or if atkins is to strict, how about south beach? Maybe atkins just isn't going to be a WOE for you. Remember when you get to goal, you still have to maintain by eating the same way (or very close to it). Have you tried WW LC. I was on atkins a few years ago, lost great slipped up majorly and couldn't get back on for nothing. I was beating my self up as I was gaining weight, until finally I said thats it, I couldn't do it anymore. I'm not saying quit, :no: not by no means, but at the same time take a good look at what WOE will fit your life style and make sure its something you can stick with.

Good luck !!!!

lady_adnerb
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Insekur: Welcome to my boat. I can't seem to stay OP for long either. I haven't reached goal and truthfully have "rethunk" it :lol: For me, it's unrealistic to think I can get to goal by JUST the way I eat. But I'm a slug in the exercise department. HOPING to change that...but so far it's a no-go. If you can't stay OP for long, find out what your longest time OP is. IF you want to stay on Atkins, then baby-step it. if 7 days was your longest time OP dare yourself to go 2 more days OP and see if that works. Or when you feel the urge to cheat....allow something a little higher in carb but not a total carb blow-out. (and all the while I'm saying this I'm trying to figure out how to follow my own advice). Hope all goes well and keep trying :) You'll find something that works for you again :)

marie.
03-07-2005, 03:09 PM
You probably havent ruined it, but its a setback- just get back on the wagon and check with sticks the next couple days....it's not sprint, its a journey :)