Support Groups - Our Own Little Bookclub #4

View Full Version : Our Own Little Bookclub #4

FrouFrou
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi Ladies~

Feel free to share your favorite Authors, books or your most recent reads or past favorites.

So, what have you read recently? What are you reading now?

FrouFrou
03-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I am currently reading Eleventh Hour by Catherine Coulter and it is good. It is kind of freaky because I am reading it and thinking "You know, someone out there has probably done this" I am talking about murdering people. Not sure if the show is made around the murders or the murders from the show-don't want to give too much away. Anyway, it's good and I haven't finished it yet! :( I keep having to stop to do other things. Can't remember if I mentioned the others I read a little while back. What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck is a cute one. About a christian girl who just wants to be in love and maybe a prada handbag! :lol: I was in the mood for a different kind of read and found this one online. Just finished To The Nines by Janet Evanovich a couple a days ago, and must say I love her books! They crack me up! Love grandma and Lula. Note to self: Must get more Janet Evanovich, Jennifer Weiner (loved Good in Bed!), and Kristin Billerbeck!

What are you reading or have read lately?

Happy reading all!

RosieKate
03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
My tastes are all over the place, I must say.

Just started God's Politics: Why the Right Gets it Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It, by Jim Wallis. The title speaks for itself and since our forum is apolitical I will just leave it at that.....pm me if you want to know more about it...
I just finished Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn. Read it 8 years ago and am again reading it for my book group - a very enlightening book

MIL just gave me By Myself... and Then Some, by Lauren Bacall. I am flipping back and forth between this one and the Jim Wallis book.

Cristi - What a Girl Wants sounds like a good one - I will need some lighter fare after I am through with this list!

FrouFrou
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Katy~I am going to have to check out all three of the books you mentioned, they all sound very interesting and I need a different kind of read right now. Thanks for sharing!

FrouFrou
04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I finally finished Eleventh Hour!! Jeez, didn't think I would ever finish it! Get in moods where I will finish a book fast and then go right into another but it seemed to take forever to read this one. Not that is was bad, it wasn't. Just couldn't get into the reading mood. It was good and I love a happy ending! Started The Cabin by Carla Neggers last night. Only got to Chapter 4 but so far, so good. The chapters are a bit long but so far it is good. I like a book that starts out good in the first chapter. Funny, I opened the book and to my surprise guess who gave the book and author good reviews? Janet Evanovich! Now if she says it's good it has to be right?! :lol: I've got to get some more of her books-so good and funny. Love grandma, Lula and sis!

Happy reading ladies!

sweetlilac
04-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Dont mean to barge in but Christi Cathiene Coulter has a whole series of books ...they are her FBI thiller series. She keeps the ever sexy Dillon in them and the fiesty lacy. If u like that u will love the other books in the series as well.

FrouFrou
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Thank you Sweetlilac (love your username by the way)! I have read a couple other of Catherine Coulters books and do like them. Yeah, I like that Dillion is always in them too! And Lacey of course. Had to think a minute about who Lacey was since she goes by Sherlock! :lol: I will have to find some others but the ones I have read are just Blowout, Blindside and of course Eleventh Hour. I really liked them. Anyway, and don't feel like you are barging in. Feel free to jump in anytime, on any of these threads. :)

sweetlilac
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
thanks andthe other are real good. The one called the mazes is where the two of tem meet.

FrouFrou
04-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks Sweet Lilac! I will definitely have to read Maze next. I usually do start from the beginning if I know about an Author but I happened on Blindside and Blowout first and that's where I started. Those were the first ones I had read from Catherine Coulter and then continued with Eleventh Hour not knowing there were others I should have read before those. Oh well, I am sure they will still be good regardless of what order I read them. :lol: Thanks again! :thanks:

FrouFrou
11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Okay, thought I would bump this thread to the top. I am always interested in hearing about what everyone is reading or has read. I am trying to get back to reading a book a week and decided to start a list of everything I read, not sure why. Anyway, the two books I had started and put down I finally finished! :carrot: Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich and just finished last night The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. I liked them both but was a little disappointed with both...just didn't like they way they eneded. Not saying they weren't good because they were. Sue Monk Kidd wrote The Secret Life of Bees and if no one has read it...I really suggest this one. I LOVED it! I'm hoping there is a sequel. Anyway, next for me is between With This Ring I'm Confused by Kristin Billerbeck which is a third in kind of a series. Not sure I would call it that but I think you should read the first two. The first one all she wants is to be in love and maybe have a Prada bag. The second she falls in love and then it falls apart, sort of. But they get back together and then there is #3. It's a Christian love story with humor. But...it is between that one and Eyes on The Prize, America's Civil Rights Years 1954-1965 by Juan Williams. Either way I am going to read both, just not sure which one to start next.

Anyone reading anything they would like to share? Or read anything they would like to share? I am always open to new reads.

FL_Chickie
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm currently reading Infinite Self by Stuart Wilde -- humorous philosophical nonfiction...I like his writing style. :)

FrouFrou
11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks FL_Chickie for sharing, I will have to check that out and possibly add to my collection. And of course read it! :lol:

Jane
11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Cristi - which book was it that you just couldn't put down?

I just finished a book by Debbie Macomber called Home for the Holidays. It's 2 books in one, and although they were both good, the second one When Christmas Comes was hard for me to put down. I highly recommend it to all of you. Parts of it made me laugh out loud, and that's rare for me.

Did any of you get into the Barbara Taylor Bradford A Woman of Substance series? I just finished the 7th in the series - Unepected Blessings. It was pretty good. None of the sequels have equaled the 1st, though, imho.

Now I just started another BTB novel, unrelated to the ones I just mentioned. This one is Voice of the Heart and has over 900 pages. Too soon to tell if it's a keeper nor not. But with that many pages, it ought to keep me busy for awhile, lol.

FrouFrou
11-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Jane~it was With This Ring I'm Confused. And I am happy to say I finished it last night and loved it! Ashley Wilkes Stockingdale is funny! Her mother loved Gone with Wind thus the name. Going to start the other one tonight. It is more of a history type book. I am going to have to see about getting the Debbie Macomber book. I almost bought it last year and went for something else. I like to read something to get me in the Christmas spirit. I read a Woman of Substance a long time ago-probably should get it again to refresh my memory. But don't think I have read any of the others. That is why I am making a list of the books I read...I tend to forget if it's been a while and will start a book and about 1/4 of the way through realize I read it. :dizzy:

da fat n da furious
11-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey Cristi, finished the last Janet Evanovich's book...have to say was kinda expecting more.
Am now going to read a book one of my customers told me about called Dies the fire by SM Stirling.
not sure if I have the attention span for that. I find I need alot of humour to keep me...or lots of blood shed...
And Jane,,I have now read every one of the Susan Elizabeth Phillips books...loved them all! There is a series and didn't read it in order but still loved it.

jules1216
12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I buy Catherine Coulters FBI series as soon as they are out on paperback. I've also read several of carla Neggars. Sandra Brown, Elizabeth Lowell and Jayne Ann Krentz are among some others I read. One of the best books that I have read in the past year was called Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. He also wrote Mystic River which was made into a movie with Tim Robbins (my fave), Kevin Bacon (my son doesn't like-he says KB creeps him out) and Sean Penn. The book Mystic River had some slow spots but I read through Shutter Island really quick and the ending was a shocker. I totally didn't see it coming but I don't want to ruin it if someone reads it...just promise you don't read the last chapter until you get there. I also like Nicholas Sparks whose books always make me cry and James Patterson.
I am rambling now, can you tell that I love to read.

Jane
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey ladies, just a quick note to say I bought the new Sue Grafton S is for Silence that came out Tuesday. I put aside the book I had been reading to begin this one, and so far, it's really good. :yes:

FrouFrou
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jane. I am going to have to get that one. I haven't read any of those books in a while, maybe that's why I am a little bored with reading-need some action!

Jules~I think most of the ladies here enjoy reading also. I get in my moods where I won't read for a while and then go to reading one or two books a week. I too like Nicholas Sparks, Catherine Coulter and James Patterson-those are some of my favs now. Them and Janet Evanovich-love, love, love her stuff. Can't wait for the movie to come out. I also saw Mystic River, but didn't read the book. The movie was fine, sad but I liked it.

My recent reads have been With this Ring I am Confused, finished that one a while back. Then read Manhunt by Janet Evanovich-it's an older one that has come back out. Now I am reading Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber, haven't gotten too far yet but I think it will be good. I'm actually between books, that one and Good Hope Road. The first one is a book from the library so needs to be back next week so I put the other on hold. I shouldn't go to the library with DD. LOL I have too many books at home that I need to read so don't need to be checking books out at the library.

Anyone else reading anything they would like to share?

da fat n da furious
12-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Im going to see about that book With this Ring Im confused...

I just got into Carly Phillips...found her in the p section,,,looking for Susan Elizabeth Phillips...which I highly recommend...great authoress. But Carly is great too.
Finished that scary book by SM Stirling,,Dies the Fire,,,and have put my name down for his second book. Seriously had me having nightmares. Couple of the ladies at work borrowed the book and came back saying great writing.

Skew
12-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Swear to Bob I tried to hold off and NOT read the sequel to
Odd_Thomas; Forever_Odd by Dean Koontz. [ I enjoy knowing
there's a book just hanging around that I'll love so tend to
keep them hanging around for when the time is right lol]

Yep, that "hold off" thing lasted from the time I picked it up at
BJ's 'till the time I went to bed that night.

If anyone read and enjoyed [ how one could read and not have
loved OT is beyond me ;)] make sure you grab a copy of
Forever_Odd. He's every bit as captivating as he was the first
time around. :)

Skew

Jane
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone, I'm in a hurry so I'll just ask Cristi - what's the name of the book you mentioned today in Chit Chat? Thursday's at Eight?? Sounds like a good one.

FrouFrou
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Jane~yes, it is Thursday's at Eight by Debbie Macomber...I think you would like it.

I did quite a bit of reading last night and am almost done with Good Hope Road, another good one. I have my usual authors that I enjoy and read a lot of but once in a while I like to try someone new and this book I think I found on the sale aisle at Barnes & Noble. It sounded good and is. I am a little sad when a good book comes to an end though but am a sucker for a happy ending.

da fat n da furious
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Jane, went and bought Red Lily...letting one of the ladies at work read it first since Im in the midst of a couple of books.

FrouFrou
12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Angie~what a good friend you are! I would never loan a book to anyone until I've read it myself, AND...unless it's one I didn't really care for! :) At least then if I don't get it back I have read it. Of course I've learned my lesson with loaning books-never have gotten any back which was only two, after that I learned to say no! :lol:

I finished the Good Hope Road last night and must say it too was good. For me it started out a little slow but it did get better along the way. My next one was to be The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah but then I bought S is for Silence and I may go that route. :dunno: There's still some of hers (Sue Grafton) I haven't read yet. I read a lot of them and then tired of them and had to have some other reading. So I may be ready for some more by her now.

How are you liking the book so far (S is for Silence) Jane? Or have you finished it?

Anyway, happy reading ladies!

da fat n da furious
12-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey Cristi,,,its a lady from work and its not like I don't know where I can find her,,,plus she lends me alot of books,,,we share. Between the two of us we have our own library going at work.

FrouFrou
12-20-2005, 02:16 PM
ANGIE~I too knew where to find the people I loaned books too! :lol: They loaned them to someone else and didn't think to ask if I would mind and never got them back. It wasn't a big deal at that time so I let it go but never loaned books again. At least I had already read them. Of course a friend and I would trade books amongst just the two of us. She too had a problem with people borrowing her books and not returning. :lol: Anyway...

I started S is for Silence and haven't gotten too far. I have been reading at night and for some reason lately I am very sleepy so have only gotten to Chapter 6. Read three chapters last night in between watching CSI:Miami-not really a fan of the show but do catch it sometimes and read between commercials. :lol: I so wanted to read more but couldn't stay awake. I start reading a book like that and I find the need to hurry and see who dunnit! :lol: I'll have it read by the end of the week, I hope! :crossed: Then will start the other, The Things We Do For Love.

Happy reading ladies! :hohoho:

da fat n da furious
12-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Im reading First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. So good...

Cristi,,,that lady gave me my book back already,,,I then lent it to someone else,,,but informed them that i had yet to read the book so don't get rid of it after they are done. anyother co worker. She gave me a book to read which I gave to the other woman,,,and once they are both done Ill get both books...since Ive been busy with First Lady.

FrouFrou
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
That's great Angie! I think it's always nice when you get your book back! :lol: I am going to have to see what First Lady is about, haven't heard about it. DD and I are headed to the bookstore in a few, forgot to pick up some 2006 calendars, and of course you can't go to the bookstore without getting a book or two, I can't anyway! :lol:

Did quite a bit of reading on S is for Silence and I am in such a hurry to finish it. Just when I think I have it figured out, something comes up that makes me question it. So, I am dying to see who dunnit and what they actually did.

Happy reading ladies!

da fat n da furious
12-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I just finished First Lady,,,it was so good. Now Im onto another book...by Sandra Brown,,,can't remember the title.
I will one day get into those books,,,a is for...s is for silence...

FrouFrou
01-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Right now I am almost done with The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah. I hate when a book is good...I don't want to put it down until I am finished! But I had to...had to get to bed and try and get some sleep so will finish it tonight. It really is good, or so I think. Not sure what I will start after that. May go back to the Sue Grafton books that I have. Don't have all of them, and some I have read. Trying to get together a list of all the books I have read so that when I go to get a book I don't repeat. I think I did that a couple of weeks ago with one of Catherine Coulters. It sounded so familiar but then not so I bought it and came home and am almost sure I did read it. Good thing it was only $5.99! I also want to get a list together of books I want to buy eventually.

ANGIE~well, I am glad you got your book back. I think sharing books in the workplace is a great idea and would probably do it too, as long as I read it first! :)

Happy reading ladies!

fat&sassycat
01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Doing the Mastermind Series with Alex Cross.......author James Patterson

da fat n da furious
01-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Cristi, what I hate is when a good book ends...I have this feeling of loss for a day or two.
I could not get into the Sandra Brown book,,,took it back. And as bad as this sounds the JD Robb book,,something is up with me,,,can't seem to be able to settle down and read.
I picked up two more books,,,and am hoping I can read them.

FrouFrou
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
You sound like me Angie! A while back I picked up a couple of books and just couldn't get into them. Started another and put it down. Did finally finish those two though. And now I am on a roll with this reading. But I do get in moods like that.

I finished The Things We Do For Love and it was good. Brought tears to my eyes at the end. I think there has only been one other book that has done that to me. So I picked up K is for Killer by Sue Grafton and read one chapter before almost falling asleep but...went to return some books at the library for DD and found two, one of which I have been wanting to read for a while called In Cold BLood by Truman Capote. I almost bought it but decided I would keep checking at the library. It's an old murder case about the killing of a family here in KS. There's going to be a movie coming out and I had never heard of it before. Not sure why I like reading stuff like that but I do. Anyway, the second one is Shoot The Moon by Billie Letts so I am going to read those first, lol and then go back to K is for Killer. I need to quit going to the library and just start buying books again.

Christine...I've not heard of that series but do enjoy James Patterson.

Marti
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Hey there! Well, James bought me the whole Little House on the Prairie Series books and I've been reading them. In fact, I'm on the second book. Started reading them a couple days ago.

It was funny, when I opened up my gift I got all excited, then he asked, "Aren't those children books?"
Well yes!! I told him that I had these as a child and my parents lost them during a move and I've always wanted them. Sentimental reason I suppose. So I was more than thrilled when I opened up my books.

Yes...easily pleased.:)

FrouFrou
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
That's sweet Marti. :love: I too love the Little House on the Prairie books, DS#1 has the whole set. One day I will reread them. I bought a bunch of the Dick & Jane readers that I grew up on and read in school. Whe I first saw them I told V I had to have them, a part of my childhood and I wanted the kids to see how different it was when I was in school. I still need to find a few more to complete the whold set but I will get there one day.

jules1216
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Catherine Coulter's Point Blank was awesome--had trouble getting into Nora Roberts writing as JD Robbs book as well--I think it was a second in the series--am now officially hooked on Sue Grafton finished Q is for Quarry and ready for another--
Angie--I'd be willing to mail you my Shutter Island paperback-- just want someone else to read it here so I know it was the best book in a sea of bad ones or if it was really as good as I thought it was...

FrouFrou
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Still working on Shoot The Moon. Took a break from it to catch up on my magazines. I think last night was the first time I have read a WW magazine from front to back completely! Love it!

JULES...there was a time I liked Nora Roberts and the other lady, oh I can't remember her name. But I haven't read anything by either one is years. Oh, Sandra Brown, that's the other one. I used to have so many of their books but ventured out to other authors, Catherine Coulter being one, as well as Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich. Hey, if you like Sue Grafton, you will love Janet Evanovich, although I was a little disappointed in the last book, which is the newest. It was still good but I don't think as good as the others and I didn't' quite like how it ended. Nicholas Sparks is good also, as well as James Patterson.

Anyway...HAPPY READING LADIES!

jules1216
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Phyllis Whitney was the first author that I got addicted too in middle school. I find if I really like a book I will look for others by that author. I read quite a bit in the winter time when I can't be outside. I read a bunch of Sandra Brown's--just took them to my step-mother in the nursing home. I also love Jayne Ann Krentz. Nora Roberts books have become hit and miss with me, but I do like most of them. Sometimes we come to have high expectations of our favorite authors. Every now and then Nora Roberts comes to a little bookstore in the town I grew up in to do book signings-she lives in the next town that's less than 10 minutes away. I haven't been to one yet, but my mom said that she'd watch for the announcement that she's coming.

FrouFrou
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Now that...I definitely wouldn't miss Jules! I would go out and buy Nora Roberts newest book just to get the autograph! She and Sandra Browns used to be favs. Also, Mary Higgins Clark and LaVreyle (sp?) Spencer...but I've read all of theirs. Always hoped for a new one so every now and then I will get one and reread it. I've read some by Jayne Ann Krentz also, she's good.

da fat n da furious
01-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Ladies if you can read Susan Elizabeth Phillips.,,,, you will love her. She is up there with Janet Evanovich Cristi...
And Jules by all means send me that book, I will be sure to send it back.

Im reading Lisa Jackson, See how she dies,,,really good. If only I can find the time to relax and read,,,life would be sweet.

FrouFrou
01-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I will try Susan Phillips Angie. Her name sounds so familiar...I wouldn't be surprised if I have read something by her but long ago. :shrug:

I finished Shoot The Moon and it was good! I always try to figure out who dunnit...and I was so far off this time. Not even who I expected, still good though.

HAPPY READING Ladies!

FrouFrou
01-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote,and K is for Killer by Sue Grafton a couple of nights ago. Started The Edge by Catherine Coulter. I didn't want to put it down last night and was up 'til 2:30! But I didn't finish it :( Will tonight for sure though, so far it is pretty good. Can't wait to get to the end to see what the heck is going on in that town with those people! Next is Painted House by John Grisham. Thought I had read it before but apparently I didn't.

HAPPY READING LADIES!

Marti
01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I finished reading all my little house books the other day. They were fun. Now to start on something new......

I'll have to go see what I have.

FrouFrou
01-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Okay, so Painted House bored me a little...started and finished The Cove by Catherine Coulter. She seems to be a fav now, her and Janet Evanovich.The Cove was really, really good! May go back to Painted House or start a different one. Trying to read at least 4 books a month, which I have passed that. Now to make a list of all the books I have and the ones I have read. I bought those two Catherine Coulter books and swear I read the one. If I did, the one I read either had very small words or it was a shortened version. Anyway...

MARTI...have you ever read the Anne of Green Gables series? I think you would like those, really good.

ANGIE...I checked out Susan Phillips and am planning on getting a couple of her books. They do sound good.

Happy reading ladies!

Linds81
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Sorry if i'm repeating what others have said... but I just finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin. I loved them. I actually read them both in a week. I could not put them down. They were an easy read. I had just finished the Davinci Code before that, so it was nice to have a book where you didn't need to think so much while reading it.

eloisecat
01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Just finished "The Grace that is this World". Very intense, dark, beautifully, movingly written. Then I read Barbara Boxer's (senator from California) truly trashy but fun novel about Washington..it was pretty funny.

maegdaeien
01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm reading Lady Oracle by Margaret Atwood, and I have a very difficult time putting it down. It's a very imtimate (but hilarious) novel about a multifaceted woman trying to run away from her problems; particularly how she became overweight as a child in order to infuriate her malcontent (and pretty much evil) mother, and how even when she loses the weight her old demons keep haunting her. She also secretly writes cheap romance novels on the side. It's absolutely brilliant and I hope you pick it up if you get the chance!

eloisecat
01-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I love Margaret Atwood and haven't read her for a while - I'll look for it at the library. Thanks for the recommendation!

FrouFrou
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't think I have read anything by Margaret Atwood...but thanks for the heads up MAEGDAEIEN! Sounds like a good book!

I started J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton, trying to get her books out of the way. They bore me a little but I seem to go back to them every now and again.

eloisecat
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
If you've never read Margaret Atwood, I highly recommend Cat's Eye. It's not as creepy as Handmaid's Tale (which is an AMAZING book), and it explores relationships among women in a way that really rang true for me.

Tea Rose
03-21-2006, 08:27 PM
HI JANE
Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite authors I have A Good Yarn, Shop On Blossom Street , When Christmas Comes which I have read,Changing Habitswhich I haven't and I just ordered ,There's Something About Christmas and the new pre order Susannahs Garden last night I love her books they are the kind I like to read most, I also enjoy Luanne Rice ,Erica James, and I got Hayword Smith series of the Red Hat Club . but I have yet to read them. I haven't been reading for a long time and I can hardly wait to get back to it, The first place I looked was for Debbie Macombers newest books

eloisecat
03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I recently read the new Anita Shreve (A Wedding in December) and the new Gail Godwin (The Queen of the Underworld). Both were incredible reads. I have always loved Gail Godwin, and she hasn't had a new book in over 5 years, so it was a real treat!

I like the REd Hat Club books - they're light and fluffy and very funny.

Tea Rose
03-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Nancy
I can hardly wait to read mine ,light fluffy and funny thats my kind of read :lol: I really enjoy all kinds of books ,but a this point in my life funny and lighthearted books is what I need.

FrouFrou
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Debbie Macomber is also a fav of mine.

Right now I am working on Q is for Quarry. Geez, haven't been able to read much on it for some reason. Until the last two nights that is. Finally forced myself to and am on Chapter 15. I didn't want to put it down last night but had too, it was after 1 a.m. Hoping to finish it tonight and start another, not sure what-something different. I love Sue Grafton but I find it bores me if I read too many of her books in a row, and I have. So will take a break from her and start someone new.

eloisecat
03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
If you like quick mysteries, I really enjoy Janet Evanovick and Diane Mott-DAvidson. Davidson's mysteries are all about food - the main character is a caterer. Janet Evanovick writes the Stephanie Plum series - very funny stuff.

FrouFrou
03-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Nancy...Janet Evanovich is another fav of mine! I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Finally finished Q is for Quarry. I didn't realize that she got her inspiration from an actual murder/missing persons case. It's sad that a person goes missing and there is no one to claim her. Wouldn't you think someone missed her, just sad. :( Anyway, she took some of the details from the real case but added her own twist to it. Very good book!

Next I think I will read The Girl Under the Bridge, a real murder case. What is it with me and books about murder????? Anyway...then I will go back and read R is for Ricochet by Sue Grafton. I have to take a break in between her books other wise they bore me. But I started with one and have read almost all of them. I think I missed N, and O. Anyway..

HAPPY READING LADIES!

Marti
03-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I finally read (last month) the book Angie sent to me. For the life of me I can't remember the name!
I think its called "Ain't she sweet"

Very good book. Not sure what I want to read next, but getting ready to start reading again. I just have my spurts when I really want to read and then when I just don't want to touch a book!

Wish the weather would warm up.....love reading out on the patio!

jules1216
03-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Marti--it's Susan Elizabeth Phillips and I just checked it out of the library yesterday--on Angie's advice!! I got another one of Sarah Graves "Home Repair is Homicide" series. I only have to get the #9 book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich which was already out so I got one called Full Tilt by her and I got one other Gone by Lisa Gardner. She's a new author for me. Has anyone read any of her books?
I figure this will be the last big checkout since it is almost April and HAS to get warm soon!! I can't wait to start on my outside projects! One is the new for me adirondack chairs---won't it by nice to sit in it and read!!

FrouFrou
03-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Jules & Marti...I am going to have to get that book!

JULES...funny...I was at the bookstore Monday looking for a book and almost bought Full Tilt and Gone! Gone is on my long list and Full Tilt wasn't but I was scouring the paperbacks. Anyway, ended up getting Marley and Me by John Grogan. About the life and love with the worlds worst dog. Just wanted something different to read this time, something lighthearted.

Happy reading!

fitgal2
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey there
I just finished Marley and me...you are going to LOVE it!

FrouFrou
03-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks FITGAL2...I have yet to start it but WILL tonight for sure. It sounded really good, and I LOVE dogs so that was a plus.

FrouFrou
04-28-2006, 05:08 PM
DO NOT POST HERE LADIES! HEAD ON OVER TO BOOKCLUB #5! SEE YA THERE :wave: