Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Fab Friday Chat ~ 3/4

good morning gang

doing payroll and grabbing coffee

I got up REAL EARLY and did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP Express dvd before getting cleaned up for work.

March Miles = 8

hope everyone has blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  
CIN

Cathy
You are so awesome with that exercise!
Yeah for you.

I was up at 5:45.............to drive 30 miles to take Daughter to a Dr appt and then she didnt have a referral and they refused to see her So sad................we are waiting on a call...........BBL

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Default A Red Letter Day!!!!

I don't know what it is, the exercise, the Meridia...but I haven't felt this good in a year! I have OPTIMISM, I feel hopeful......

My pants are getting loose!!!!! I checked and double checked and YEP! they are LOOSE!!!! I'm revelling in the feeling of walking around in them and they are LOOSE!!!!

I exercised again this am, got up at 5:20AM, (me and Billy Blanks) made it through 47 mins of cardio and wts. Today I did abs, glutes and a little chest work.

I'm going to attempt the scale tomorrow, maybe I can get over my fear.....

did I mention that my pants are LOOSE?

BBL.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cin that stinks Does she have a good GP she can go too for referrals?
MARB! YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
that's the best feeling
Hey Cathy I hope your day is better!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #5  
Raindancer1

Hi,

I was wondering what writing a food log does for those of us struggling to lose weight. Is it really effective? I would like to have a buddy who has had a positive experience with this. I believe that there is more sneaking into my mouth than I admit, and maybe keeping the food log would be a help. Anyone interested? PM me. Thanks.
raindancer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Gosh, thank you so much for the support and comfort yesterday. I guess I am getting pretty discouraged about how much I am struggling right now. But I will just keep trying and working at it and it has to get better, right?

Cin, thanks so much for your kindness and support. I am starting to take Armour thyroid again, but I am not sure how much it helps. I sure hope it does. That would be a blessing. Is your daughter o.k.? That is so disappointing about the doctor. I think I would cry.

Kier, Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. For what it is worth, I think having coffee is better than eating sugar . Though I guess it would be great if we could all be perfect and not have anything "bad". I think things are o.k. in moderation, though. Do you have fibromyalgia? (fibro?). That must be tough. I don't know too much about that. Is it hard to have energy?

Leenie, thank you so much for the understanding about trying to get things figured out. I do feel mad - like why can't we just get things figured out so I can feel good for awhile, darn it!! Let me know how it goes for you at the doctor.

Marble, good job on everything you are doing. Thank you for the reminder about exercise being good for me. I wish I could not take antidepressants, too, but that is just not an option right now. So I have to put up with it, side effects and all.

Sue, thank you so much for the understanding about being so tired. I will let you know what I find out. But good grief, girl, no wonder you are tired. You are doing so much. It is awesome---but make sure you take care of you, too.

Cathy, thank you. I am going to read my p.m. right now. You are an inspiration with the workouts, and it helps so much to talk with you about the thyroid stuff. I so hope the thyroid stuff helps me .

Have a blessed day, everyone. I cried a lot yesterday (discouraged), so I am trying to make this a better day and do some nurturing things for me.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Kathy
I have fibromyalgia and some other stuff, it depends on the day for energy in the winter I seriously drag But I push myself most days and it's ok
Take care of you! YOU ARE SPECIAL!
Work is a pain the new project has all wrong info grrr lil PO-ed
I will bbl
Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #8  

hey raindancer - it does everything for me!!!!

I went from "I haven't eaten anything today (that I can remember) to DANG - I've already had 1200 calories today!" LOL

We have a weekly food log here each week that we would love for you to join us on. You can get to his week's thread by clicking on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54121

hope to see ya there,
cathy
Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chicks,

Good to see you all today

Nothing much is going on this weekend, SOSDD. I get to leave work early today to see yet another NEW doctor. This one is a man (usually I see women). I'm hoping he can help, it seem like my quest for a good woman doctor who understands is not going well so I will try DH's doctor..sigh.

Watcha all got planned for the weekend ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #10  
prepare for the BEST time

Leenie: clean up the hoemstead (it looks like a bomb went off), get my nails done, a few highlights in the blond-grey hair, exercise, relax! If you need me to help you find someone

TDKathy;
I'm sorry you have the side-effects and haven't been "up", give yourself a treat (not food), even if it's just a jar of new face cream or crest whitening strips. Sometimes you have to take it hour by hour....I've gone so far as to tell myself "I'll hang on for the next 59 mins." and set the timer on the microwave, made myself do something positive or constructive, then got through it....

I've described my depression as feeling like a big, heavy black curtain was thrown over my head....it WILL get better for you. keep breathing....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #11  

guess what? I just got my new Prevention magazine for April in the mail. The lady on the cover is dressed in YELLOW and the big title on the front in bold print says..."GET WALKING SPECIAL ISSUE"

Boy am I gonna enjoy reading this one!

I like my Prevention magazine! can ya tell?

Cin - thanks so much for the encouragement! really! I am so sorry about your wasted trip this morning. it is sad. hope it works out girlie! how's dh?

Marblie - CONGRATS whoooooohoooooo on the loose pants and feeling better too! you are exercising yourself away! YOU GO GIRL!

Hey Kier - thanks. (it's really not better, but I'm pretending that it is and I'm gonna see if my mood will follow suit) how ya doing?

Hey Kathy - will check my pm from you. Hope your day is better today! good idea - nurture yourself! you deserve it girlie! hugs!

Hey Leenie - I hope the new doc helps you! have you said what you are seeing him for? i might have missed it? you ok? what are you doing this weekend?

of course I'm cleaning house tomorrow - only been 3 weeks - so yea - my house looks like a DUST bomb went off - I can just barely stand it *sigh* wish I could just let it go but I can't.

what's everybody doing?

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies

Well whats new with me?

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!! I will be an overnight stocker.I will be fulltime; stocking for electronics department.That means I get to put out DVDs!!! YAY ME!!! This means I get a discount, this means I will get benefits.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  

Default Lynnie Lynnie Bo Dynnie!

HEY HEY HEY!

I am so very happy for you!

and PROUD OF YOU too!

GO LYNNIE! GO LYNNIE! GO LYNNIE!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-04-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LYNNIE CONGRATS
Cathy I love prevention too!