Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Friday-Sunday (March 4-6)

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing allright. I have been struggling with a bug and nasty water retention.

I did exercise tonight though so yah!

nothing too exciting to report right now.

Belle: I missed your bday so happy birthday!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 03-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi ladies this si a quickie b/c it's project time!
Lori Without the mozz the quiche is 2.5 and if you top it with a tbsp of parm its' 3
I'm going to post another recipe later!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey Kier and Ali!

Ali - You've been sick for a while - are you low on iron or something? Hope you improve. BTW did B/F take one of the jobs offered?

I have been swamped this week at work and not much time to pop in. I try to keep up on the posts though. I noticed some talk around the Curves. I belong to a gym that is a similar concept. Our intitial run-through was about 20 mintues (they took you through each machine, how to use it safely). They also do the weight/fat profile, but that's totally optional, and you can do it once a month if you want. I also have found I really enjoy it, although I joined right before I got pg so I am not really consistent - once or twice a week is all I manage these days...My sister's MIL does it 3x/week without modifying her eating she lost 38lbs in five months, and dropped 4 dress sizes.

Personally, I have been to trainers and gyms and all that. I think if you do cardio and some sort of weight training, that you'll get results. I don't think there is a magic formula. The secret, is consistency, keeping yourself into it and from getting bored. Finding something that you like and can get through.

Sounds easy, but much easier said than done!!

I am still having morning/noon/night sickness on some days. And I have had terrible...well...ED (not Eating DIsorder, the OTHER ED). This time it's been a week. Last time it was three weeks. This makes staying hydrated hard. I am so tired, but I don't sleep worth a darn, with or without DH in bed with me (somtimes he leaves to read in the other room if he can't sleep, then he passes out anddoesn't come back). I also feel really funny and out of sorts. Like none of this is really happening to me. I think it's probably just hormonal, or from being so over-tired, but it's really catching up with me.

Anyway, work sucks. I have a crapload of work and my boss is putting the work that my incompetent co-worker isn't doing on my plate (I hope he gets fired, I really, really , REALLY do. HE is like teats on a bull. Useless. And he's full of excuses and whines. What burns me is that he gets paid more than me, and I deserve more than him by far. I work my butt off.

Well, at least it's friday! Its gorgeous here - 15C today and tomorrow, then highs of 13C for the next three days or so. Woo hoo. DH has to work one day of the weekend and I hope the other day we can goto the mountains or something. Then I'll do housework and a bit of my own work on the day he is in the office. OH he had a job interview yesterday and it looks good. good raise, benefits, etc. It's working for the company that is now his client - he knows all those guys for years. It's a bit "incestuous" but oh well...so now he's waiting to hear back. I bet he gets it. They love him. Then it's a matter of if he takes it!

OH one more thing. How rude is this. A girl that I have known for years - I helped her get a job here, knew her in high school - said to me the other day "Wow you really look pregnant" I was like "well, I am over five months now, so I should" and she said "How much weight have you gained?" so I thought first of all, that is rude to ask (she is about 250 lbs herself, and not an attractive girl, but she is OBSESSED with how much I weigh, etc - always comparing). Anyway, I figured, I'd tell her roughly, I said "About 15 lbs". And she said - I kid you not - "Wow, by the size of your belly I would think it was more like 30". GAH!! I was so choked. How rude is that. I had half a mind to explain to her that my stomach is not all FAT - its BABY and PLACENTA and AMNIOTIC FLUID, but then I just thought, she is alone and ignorant, and it's not worth it. I think I might cut her out of my life. She says stupid things like that often and it's not really worth having an acquaintance like that (I wouldn't consider her a friend, really). Honestly, she even says how gross it is to think there is a life inside my stomach, etc. It makes me uncomfortable! Do you guys think I am hormonal and over-reacting??
Old 03-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie post for me. Belle, I read what you said about that girl. To be honest, I had a serious talk with my SIL when she was pregnant. I told her about how I did want to have kids in the future, but the thought of beign pregnant grossed me out. The thought of having something else living inside me just freaked me out totally. She told me she used to feel the same way until she got pregnant. I had talked to a coworker about this once and she felt the same way too until she got pregnant. Maybe that is one of those things that a lot of women think but no one says it, so everyone thinks they are alone in thinking that. It certainly will not deter me from having kids and I'm sure when I do get pregnant I will love it, but right now the thought of it in that way is just weird

As for her other comments, yeah I think that was pretty rude. Why should she care how much weight you have gained?

PS I think 15 pounds for 5 months along is pretty good, isn't it? Sounds like you aren't gaining weight in other areas.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

That's a good point Lori!

I have heard other women commenting that way. My boss is one, but also a few other girls our age-ish who are close to wanting kids but still not quite there and feel that way. Once we start really thinking about it, then I think lots of us realize how wierd it is. That's is fair enough. Maybe part of it is that she and I aren't very close and she said it really off-handed. Or maybe it's just the way that she treats me like I am freakish....makes me feel uncomfortable (or, like I should be ashamed, I guess).

You know, truth is, I don't mind being pg, but I certainly don't love being pregnant....I see other women who truly do and they talk about it all the time, etc. I like feeling my baby move, and it's exciting to get closer to the date and to see the ultrasound pictures, that sort of thing. But that's it for me. I am basically sick, paranoid and uncomfortable most of the time! Other women glow, I look like a corpose 80% of the time. the rest of the time I wear lots of make-up I puke a few times a week and drag my butt around I am so tired...

Re: the weight....I think for a normal size woman 15 is good, but I think I should be a little less as an overweight woman. But I am not obsessing about it - I don't want to add that tomy list of anxiety, you know? I know a lot of women really watch, but I am afraid if I do, I'll only think about the # on the scale, and try to diet, which is bad for Baby...

Sorry to have a post all on the baby - i know you guys are probably sick of it by now! Next time I won't, promise!!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle you can post about anything you want!
as for miss ugly pants (I'm assuming she has ugly pants) She probably obsesses over your weight b/c A you're Gorgeous and she's not and B you're thinner than her
Alot of ppl esp those with low self esteem and in her case No social graces will find it easier to focus on someone else then on themselves. (I'ts been a superlong day and I'm in ***** mode don't mind me!)
I'm taking the Get out of jail free card at WI tommorrow and I'm going to do a lil combo platter of flex and Core b/c my portions are very distorted! that has to end
Closed Thread