Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #91  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Trina! I am really just sitting tight...not getting too overly concerned or upset yet. I do think that today would be a great day to get dh to take us for a ride on the bike. What a great way to relieve some stress!!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:20 AM   #92  

Rebel - Hope you got a nice long ride last night..
Your right, no need to worry prior to things happening that make you worry. My mom is the worlds best worry-wart. I see it as a waste of real engergy, becuz most of the time what she worries about, is out of her control.
Keep up posted...
Hey the weather is nicer here, like 43 and sunny..........cross your fingers it stays nice for out move on Saturday.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #93  
We're TTC!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you will have good weather this weekend. Are you excited?

I felt so sorry for my husband last night. He came home worried about his job, we visited about it and basically told him that we needed to be calm and just see what happens. I finally got him in a more positive mood, made dinner, relaxed (barely) and then his troublesome family calls him to come over for a meeting. He left at 9:30 and didn't get home until almost midnight. It never ends with those people. Basically his mom can't handle her own life and expects someone else to take care of her. Ughh! I felt so bad for him to have to deal with his own problems but then turn around and be forced into her issues. It wasn't a great day for the poor guy.

Tonight is the Slipknot concert and I thought that I would have been a lot more excited that what I am! LOL. I was hoping to make my goal weight...so much for that. I feel REALLY fat, big-bellied, puffy, just plain gross! Trina, what do you usually eat in a day? I need some new ideas.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #94  

Andrea - is DH going to the concert with you? You should go and let everything else go for a night......
About his mom, sounds like she has some issues. As long as 'needy' people have other people invloved in their lives that are willing to take care of them, they never change.
I hope your DH can work out some boundries with his mom, for you good....
later
Old 03-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #95  
We're TTC!!

I hope so too, Trina. He is just so sweet, sensitive, and caring. But sometimes she takes advantage. I guess I dont understand "needy" people!

No, the Slipknot concert would be torturous for my dh! He hates them. So, I am going with my 22 year-old brother and his fiance.

I hate being "out" all evening while dh is home, but he doesnt mind and even bought the ticket for me. It just makes me feel odd not being with him. LOL
Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #96  

Do you just hate being away from him right now becuz of the uncertainty of his job, and you just want to be there for moral support? Otherwise, some away time can be a very good thing. And bets are that he will be fine at home alone for one night, it could be some down/chill time for him in this stressful period.
Try and have some fun tonight.
About my eating, well I'm sorry to say right now I am not a role model for anyone. Moving is not the best time to try and eat right. But normally I have Less calorie bread for breakfast, fruit for a.m. snack, Lean Cusine, salad for lunch, fruit for afternoon snack, and a protein/veggie/starch dinner. Drinking water all day and if I have a treat it is a protein Luna bar (get them from Walmart). Sometimes I have instant oatmeal, cereal for breakfast. I find the more protein I eat the fuller I stay.
Like I said right now with moving I'm far from doing well, give me a week and I'll be back on plan.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #97  
We're TTC!!

You are a great weight now that I'm sure you are doing good even if you aren't as strict with your plan. I agree with eating more protein in terms of feeling fuller. Sometimes I get so confused with all the different plans out there and other people's take on them. Like some that follow lower carb say no fruit, so say you can have protein bars, while others say no. I always think that as long as I'm not eating over a certain calorie range I should be losing, but then I think what if I'm not eating the right things? I really don't have a formal plan. And maybe that's the problem. Before my break I was eating a packet of oatmeal for breakfast, higher-protein-low carb-low fat shake for lunch and fruit, and a Lean Cuisine for dinner. It worked ok, but then I think that I really needed to add some more bulk and snacks because I dont think the metabolism was being pushed. I'm not quite sure what I want to do in terms of diet. I need to build a more solid menu!

I guess that I don't like being away from him b/c I feel guilty to be "out on the town" and he's home alone. It seems like a person shouldn't do that when they're married. My mom has raised me with some old fashioned marriage ideals I guess. In fact my mom doesnt think that its good for a marriage if the wife hangs out with her female friends. She thinks that the husband should be the only best friend. It's a nice idea I suppose, but her marriage circumstances are different than mine. She married young, first guy she dated, and lived with her parents before. She never had the "single life". So, for me being single and living alone for 5 years before marriage is totally different than her!

Either way I'll have fun, but I just feel like I shouldn't. Which is really stupid. Like I said he knows I enjoy the band, so it's no problem to him.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #98  

Rebel, Just a quick note and I have to get some work done before I go home.
Sounds like you may not be eating enuf and that will slow your metab way down almost to a stop. You need fuel to burn calories. I'm am quilty of the same thing, especailly with alot of exercise becuz that burns more calories....have you ever counted calories? I did for awhile but didn't really like it - too much work. It sounds like you know the basics, which is the same as me.
From years of working out, my body has alot of muscle mass and I could exercise til the cows come home, but if I don't eat right I could still gain weight. To lose weight I have to be on an eating program along with working out, it is like a fulltime job........(cry me a river.....lol)
You know I disagree with your mother. I think doing things on your own and having girlfriends makes you a better person, more fun and certainly more interesting to your DH. Besides what if (God forbid) something happened to DH and you had been attached at the hip with no outside friends, you would be divastated (I know this from experience). Go out and live your own life alittle, grow and become a whole person yourself. ofcourse JMHO.......
Talk to you tomorrow, have a great time at the concert!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #99  

Hi guys,

I know I'm just kind of jumpin in here but I had to give a big shout out.

"hey, Holly, you hot biker babe, how ya doin?"

I was just cruzin the boards and saw the thread for chicks on bikes and figured I'd find you here. Glad to see your still riding. Put on quite a bit of miles last season. Your doin great. I still haven't got back on the sporty. It's been over three yrs now. I'd have to put new tires on her. Probably dry rot sitting so long. And the tires are my fear, since thats what brought me down.

Anyway, I had to say Hi. I get emails from Jaymi on occasion. I see by your stats you've done so well. Keep on keepin on.

Starlynn and Rebel,
Glad to see others out there enjoying the ride.

take care all.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #100  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Donna - HI!!! Ladies, meet DonnaD - another lady rider Donna, I have wondered how you've been...didn't want to be too much of a pest asking "where are you guys" - I know stuff comes up. but so glad to hear from you!!

Hi Trina and Andrea!! I did have a busy day at work on Easter, but my kid helped out nicely.

Andrea, I sure hope that your dh doesn't get laid off...and sorry for the strife he has to deal with, concerning his family.

oh, I also think that females NEED female friends. I also made the mistake of NOT regularly getting together with female friends early in my marriage, and now I think my husband thinks that when I do stuff with them, I like them better than spending time with him. Which of course is not true. Women need to giggle and laugh together about stuff that would probably make men cringe

I hope you had a great time at the concert, Andrea!

and yay to MusclesTrina for not being sore after moving! goTrina!goTrina!

I've slipped off from South Beach...sigh...I think what's best for me is just regular calorie counting and portion control!!! Andrea, I also had a hard time with portion control on South Beach...because that is not how we can eat for the rest of our lives, right? I liked the quick pounds lost...but again, how to maintain that forever...sigh again...we all just have to find what works for us!

We had a day of rain Monday which washed alot of crud off the roads. And the snowbanks have disappeared from the curbs in town, however here in the sticks we still have tons of snow. But alot is gone! and today is forecast to be sunny and a high of 52...and I have off from work...so after I exercise and do some errands, I am going to be riding all afternoon, I hope!

First to meet dh for lunch at his work - I think I'm going to eat tuna salad here, to save time; he just gets 30 minutes. Then ride to the supermarket (he took the bike to work for the first time this year, yay) where he can get the salad bar. Then off I go, to who knows where! As long as I have gas money ($5) I'm fine for many miles

again, donna,

so good to hear from you!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #101  

Hey Biker Chicks,,,,,
On my way home yesterday I bet I saw 20 bikes out - whoo-hoo, it's time to ride in Michigan!!!! Now we just have to get our bikes from up north and we're good to go.
Hi Donna - I take it you had a spill? Hope you weren't hurt.. I ride a Dyna Low Rider and have dropped it twice. Once when I was first riding, turning around in a car wash.
Then when we went to the Harley 100th Anniversary in WI, my DH cut me off to exit the road and I was on his inside, it was too close and so I hit him and we both went off the road, somehow neither one of us fell or got hurt and only his bike had small damage. It did however, scare the **** out of me.........it was like 4 a.m. and so I had to shake it off and get back on and finish the ride home.........I think I was more mad than scared......
later....
Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #102  
We're TTC!!

Hi Donna it's great to meet you! So glad you dropped in!

Ok, ladies...the concert was WILD!!! We were down on the floor jumping, being pushed, I don't know how many times we almost fell down. I am going to be getting too old for that stuff SOON. LOL! That will teach me to sit in the seats next time! It was a lot of fun.

I agree with you ladies about female friends. My mom doesn't really have any, except me. I enjoy my friendships with other women. I am glad that dh has always known I had female friends and isnt threatened by it. Star, I REALLY agree with the comment about losing a spouse and not having friends. I think that's a lot of my MIL's problem, too.

Star- That spill with your husband on the way to the anniversary would have freaked me out. I agree about being more angry than scared. The times when dh has spilled (or nearly) I was more mad than scared. Oh, I do agree with the calories and food. Sometimes during the week I eat too little and then weight loss stalls big time. I keep an idea of my calories, but I don't religiously count. Maybe I need to a little more. I think that being on break last week really threw me off and I have been bad since!

Holly- South Beach just isn't something I can live my whole life on. I do like a lot of the principles of it. Cutting out white flours, sugars, etc and eating more veggies. Sadly, sometimes even if its a Lean Cuisine, I have to eat the things that fit into my lifestyle and convience matters for breakfast and lunch. By the way...have fun riding!!!

Well girls... I will pop in again later!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:17 PM   #103  

Andrea - When my first husband of 26 years passed away, I was a mess. The only way I ever made it was to go to "starting over" a grief counseling group structured kinda like a 12 step program. To be in the 'starting over group' you had to be a 'young' widow or widower. When you are married for so long sometimes it is easy to lose your idenity and when you lose your mate - you are left with nothing, not even knowing who you are. It is a very scary thing and if it never gets brought to the light you never recover.
So maybe that is what your dealing with in you MIL. She probably needs counseling.
Honestly without that group (for 2 years) I don't know where I would be today. I also had one on one counseling for about a year.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #104  
We're TTC!!

Star- Not trying to pry, but how did your first husband die? How old was he and how old were you when he passed away? 26 years is a long time to be married. That would be so difficult to deal with. I can't even imagine how that would feel. I bet my MIL is going through that. Her husband died 10 years ago, but she probably has never dealt with the feelings. In the short time that my husband and I have been married we have been so close and truly enjoy hanging out with each other. Last night my husband made a reference that he wouldn't know what to do with himself is something happened to me. I would have to join a group if something happened to my dh. It's wonderful that there is support out there for widows and widowers.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #105  

Andrea,
I don't mind you asking at all. DH#1 was 47 and he had a heart attack and was in a coma for 4 weeks and the passed. I was 46. We had two sons 25 and 17. It was an awful time for all of us. I was in shock for several weeks and then got help. My boys would not go to couseling and one still suffers with it today, he was extremely close to his dad.
So we did everything together, we were soulmates. We had the same friends and enjoyed each other completely. We didn't spend much time apart other than work.
When he died part of me died too - that's just how it works sometimes. I knew if I was gonna come thru it I'd have to have professional help and that's what I did.
I remember telling my mom, afer three weeks of his death, she ask me how I was doing. I said "I'm awful, Dave's dead and I'll never be okay again." Then another time not long after that she wanted me to go out for someones birthday, out to dinner, I said "Mom, Dave died , don't expect to me feel okay or go anywhere, becuz I'm not"
I know she feared for my life and she was really happy when I started group and counseling.
Closed Thread