Support Groups - Weighty Issues #25

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #25

Kempyd
03-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Anyone can join in with htis groupd of awesome ladies. We welcome newbies with open arms.

Kempyd
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Angie I can't beleive it is so close. I am trying to get a deli to open right down the way from the salon. It is the perfect location for one. We are right down the road from the hospital and usually the poeple that work there just stay and eat in the caft. b/c the traffic to get to the other side where most of the places to eat is terrible. Plus, the windows in the place are beautiful. It was a flower shop before and they have etched glass on three side of the building. I wish I could open something there.

Cal it sounds like you have been feeling better. That is great news. Did they ever get your meds right?

Julie what's up hun? You guys arn't sick still are you? I am not into AI that much but I do watch on the girls night. I have to vote for our home town girl. Lindsey. It is so cool b/c the whole town has things written on the windows supporting her. It is neat to see the town come together like this. I thought she did good last night but you know the judges think she should do something different. As long as she gets voted to next week I am happy.

I need to run out and so a few things. I will check back later today.

angieME
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh Kempy that sounds so pretty. We are having our sign to put out front painted right now. I will post a pic when he gets it done. He usually does really nice signs. I had him just write Maine-ly Munchies in a pretty cursivelike calligraphy. plus he said he will paint a border on it and maybe a donut and cup of coffee. I hope it looks good. I didnt tell him a color. I just let him pick what he thought would look nice on Main Street. It should be done this weekend. I also bought a Coffee time chalkboard thingy from Ebay. It is so cute. Of course I ordered it before I found out the coffee company was going to supply everything. :lol:

Have you had any luck thinking of a name? I like coming up with names that are cute.

I ordered a calligraphy kit from ebay. It is so pretty. I played with it a bit but I dont get the brush too much. The thing keeps sliding on it and makes me spray paint when I move it. The letters I did get were cute though. I bought it for Alicia. She is such a good artist. That kid can draw anything. and it looks exactly like it should. I told her to practice painting moose and I would buy her some slates and she can paint them and sell them at the bakery and make some money. I used to do that but gave it up after a while. I didnt like having the paints all over the house. :lol:

Well, I am off.
Talk to ya later

Kempyd
03-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I still havn't come up with a name. I need help so if you can think of anything I would be very happy. I am not good at that. I am trying to stay away from using my name. I just think eveyone uses their name.

jbbm
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

Kempy I will do some thinking of a name for you. I love coming up with that kind of stuff. I really like Angie's name she picked out. Yup, I think the kids are getting better. Almost one hundred percent. Knock on wood :lol:. How is the dieting going? Is Joe still losing? I heard on the today show this morning that it is easier for men to lose weight, duh!! They also had an interesting segment on eating for your age. Like in your twenties your metab. is really alot faster working and then when you hit your 30's and 40's it starts declining. Yikes I will be thirty this summer. They also talked about bone health that we should be thinking of it right now. I found it interesting. How cool AI contestant is from your town. I missed her last night.

Angie hi girl, I love the chalkboard idea. On HGTV I saw a house with one and I love having the idea of one hanging in my kitchen. For notes, things to do and just plain old messages. I bet your sign will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see pictures. Heck, I would love to drive over and see your new place. I am so excited for you. You never know could be bakery/art gallery?? Thats great about your dd's talent. I wish I just had nice handwriting.

Well girls I will pop back later. My mom might be selling her house. I am kind of sad about it. It was the first house we had since my parents divorced. Lots of good memories in that house for me. I am just to emotional and sentimental about everything I guess :lol:. I just think of feeling like I had a real home feeling when we moved in and when I got my dog. Well thinking of supper ideas. I want to eat a healthy one tonight. No more darn fish sticks. Haha.... Hi Cherie, Noelle(pull them slots girl), Cal, Dips, and Summer. Bye for now!!

angieME
03-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey, where is everyone? I hope you are all having fun wherever you are.

Kempy, I have been trying to think of cute names for you and I come up with 3: the first one is Hair Today Gone Tommorrow and the second one is Hair Not There the third one is Barely There Hair Removal. :lol:

Kempyd
03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh my gosh, Angie those are funny. You are so good at this. I meant to tell you that I love the name of your place. I have been telling everyone I know. Not that we will be able to shop there but I just love the name.

I was busy today. I have 5 clients!!!!! 2 of them weren't even supposed to be here today but I took them anyway. I have another consulation for a new client tomorrow. I am so thankful that I am getting clients. It seems so weird that I am doing something that I actually like and I am making a living at it.

Did any of you watch Wife Swap last night? That little jerk made me so mad. I just wanted to climb into the tv and slap him around for the way he treated that lady.

Well, it is off to find something for dinner. It is just me eating tonight. Joe is at a banquet. It is easy when I don't have to cook.

angieME
03-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks Kempy. Mainely Munchies has been our name for the past 8 years or so. I was going to name it Sweet Temptations in the beginning but my ex SIL used it before I could after I told her about it. Now I am glad that she did ( I wasnt too happy when it happened :lol: ) because the tourists love our name. That is why I am so excited to actually have a shop front because I think the name will make the tourists stop. Plus it covers everything since we are going to sell the gourmet foods too. :lol: Do you have any key words you want in the name and I can keep thinking to see if I can come up with more for you.

angieME
03-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh, I forgot. I saw Wife Swap too. That kid made me so mad. Mostly because he reminded me of Brit so much. Sad to say but that is the way she treats us and I dont see anyway of stopping it. We are just now waiting for her to reach adulthood so we can get our sanity back. I joke but it is a real pain to deal with. Unbearable some days.

Kempyd
03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
I really don't have to have any certain words in the name. At this point I need whatever I can get. Thank you soooooo much for helping me.

I never knew that she talked to you guys like that. I guess some kids are just more agressive than others. That's ok, I still love you guys. :D

jbbm
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi Girls just popping in before bed. Going to shut the computer off. Sorry I did not get to post today.

Kempy still thinking of a name. LOL Love Angie's ideas.

I did not eat dinner tonight, dh made brats and did not feel like eating them for some reason. Ate really light today. Gotta get some healthy food in this house! Talk to you all tomorrow.

jbbm
03-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh have to add, I could not believe either the way that kid talked to that woman on that show either. Talk about no respect for house guests!! I felt bad when she cried. Okay gotta get to bed now.

angieME
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
here are the pics of the sign. Jay went and picked it up today so he took pics for me. He couldnt fit the whole thing in the pic because it is so long.

angieME
03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
I thought it was cute that he dotted the i's with donuts. :lol:

jbbm
03-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Good Evening my girls!!

Angie I love the sign. I bet when you and Jay saw the sign it made it feel so real now. I am so proud of you. Going after a dream of opening a business and doing it. You can be a proud business owner now like our girls Kempy and Noelle!! Go girls. I wish I had something like that going on.

Well I was pretty much OP for the day but then dh came home with deep fried japelenos filled with cream cheese. I love those things. I had about four of them with my "healthy dinner"....salmon, sweet potatoe, and a salad. I am not going to get excited about it though because my total fat for the day was down. He also bought a huge ham, which I love but it is pms week this week and we will be eating it for several days and that sodium is going to get me. Have to chug water and take my midol :lol:.

When is Noelle coming back? It's weird Noelle, I feel like we are close even though we are far apart because you are on the mainland. Haha....miss ya.

Well hello everyone else. Going to watch some late night tv. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

jbbm
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Angie, duh, what was I thinking you are all ready a business owner but now with a storefront!! You know what I mean ;) :) :lol: :lol:

angieME
03-06-2005, 10:27 AM
how is everyones weekend going? Mine was pretty good. I got the back floor washed in the bakery. It is extremely old tile and it has worn so it looks bad but it is useable. If we do good I will try to replace the floor next year. but I got everything washed down and Jay got the oven hooked up. We got the phone turned on Friday so we are so close. Wednedsay they come and do the propane to the oven and we should be all set to open with the exception of getting the coffee and supplies. The coffee guy comes on the 17th so we are going to open (fingers crossed) on March 21. We decided to take Sundays off to see the kids during the winter and we will open sundays during the summer if we are busy.

When does Noelle come home? Monday? Miss ya girl.

Julie, what did you do this weekend? Anything fun?

Kempy, Did you guys go to any good parties this weekend?

Well, I should go get some baking done

melekalikimaka
03-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey girls, I'm back...we flew in late Saturday night and I am still recuperating from this darn cold, cough cough. I felt terrible the morning we were flying out (Monday), and Michael woke up with a 101.2 fever. He was burning up. I almost canceled my trip. I gave him some fever meds and cough medicine which made him perk up so I felt a tiny bit better about leaving him. I knew he was in good hands though. He missed 3 days of school last week and I called him every day to see how he was doing. I am so pathetic. And I must say again how wonderful Dayquil and Nyquil is for cold symptoms :dizzy:

We didn't win any big money but we had a wonderful, relaxing vacation. The holes in my pocket are just from shopping, not from gambling :lol:. I didn't buy too many clothes and stuff, mostly new undies (sorry TMI? :lol: ) because even though a lot of the new spring stuff was out and so beautiful, I didn't wanna buy it because I refused to believe I would stay this size :ink:. I feel so bloated right now. I have got to get it together and lose some of this bulk. I have bags of smaller sized clothing in my closet that I'm wanting to get back into. I know I can lose it, I have to find and keep the motivation to do it. OMG Celine Dion was soooooooooooooo amazing! What a voice, it's almost unbelievable someone could have a voice that perfect and strong.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling for now, gotta get the boy ready for a school field trip. I missed chatting with you guys--and I wish I would've had access to a computer so I could at least stopped for a minute and talk w/y'all--it might've kept me out of the buffet lines! :lol: I'll pop back in later.

angieME
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Good Morning!!!

Noelle, Glad you are back. We missed you. I am happy to hear that you had a great time. Maybe we should all plan a gambling vaca? :lol:

What is up everybody else? Noone was around this weekend so I am hoping you all had a great weekend.

angieME
03-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Hellooooooooo.............

jbbm
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi Girls

How is everyone doing on this Monday? Friday cannot come soon enough ;), haha.

Noelle glad you are back we missed you. Sorry you are still sick. It must have been really hard leaving little Michael sick but you are right he was in good hands. I would have called everyday too :^:. Glad you got some shopping in. You saw Celine? That is awesome! My girlfriend saw her too and said she was amazing. Keep taking your medicine and get well soon :).

Angie nope I didn't do anything to exciting this weekend,lol. The weather was beautiful though. It was in the forties so I was grateful for that. Did some sledding and went to McDonalds for Happy Meals. They got such a loud toy, why do they have to make kids toys so darn loud?? It is pretty blustery here today and snowy. Oh well thats okay it is almost Spring. March 21 will be here before you know it, I bet you and Jay can't wait just to get it opened. Did you hang up your sign yet? Or are you going to wait until closer to the opening?

Well going to check back later on. I have tons of leftover ham from the weekend and I may make bean and ham enchiladas, they don't sound that good but they are. Or maybe a casserole or something. Tonight is a good tv night. AI and on the E channel tonight there is going to be a show on stars slim down secrets. Probally eat one head of lettuce a day and run 10-20 miles a day. :lol:LOL....Bye for now!! Hi everyone.

jbbm
03-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Hellllloooo to you too Angie :lol:. Whats going on for you today?
I just ate some ham for lunch warmed up and some peppermint tea. I am hoping to flush all this sodium out. Poor dh gets to see me have a chest only once a month :lol:. Btw it would be fun to all meet up in Vegas someday. I have not forgot about that!!

jbbm
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I was going to say:

Kempy did you have another party Saturday and needed yesterday to recover :lol:?? Miss you. I hope you are doing well. How are you feeling lately? I have been fighting winter blues. Pretty soon it will be spring green and that always lifts my spirits.

Cal how are you feeling? I hope your BP is doing okay.

Cherie if you are lurking, we miss you and I am thinking of you.

Dips you spunky thing where are you?

And Summer how is the veggie diet going? Any baby news yet?? I miss your quotes.

Well I should go fix this mess of hair and put on some makeup. My skin has been funny lately, I think I may have to switch foundations. I think it is a combo of the heater in the house and cold air outside?? I have been using Oil of Olay (oil free) and still been having breakouts here and there, ugh. Well just cover them up!! Okay enough rambling gotta get some stuff done and kiddos need attention and the family room is a disaster, dd dumped all of her play food out. Btw I look at that chocolate cake and the other fake food and it makes me have cravings,lol....must be pms.

Kempyd
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey guys. Sorry but I didnt' have a party weekend. We did go over to our neighbors Friday night and play Trivial Pursuit. Saturday Joe and I spead sand in the yard. We have lots of low spots so we are trying to level everything out. We still have a few loads left to get into the yard. Suday we boiled crawfish and played another board game. We had so much fun. I told him that we need to do that at least once a month. I have been looking into getting a few board games to keep around for those nights.

Noelle glad to see you back. Sorry you were feeling crappy while you were away. Are you guys doing better today? A girl I work with has been sick I swear all winter. I have no idea why she keeps getting sick.

Julie I have been doing pretty good. Spring is usually my good time. We start to get green b4 you guys do so I think I start to perk up early. It is nasty today though. One of those sleep all day days.

Angie I love the sign. That guy did a great job. Oh yeah, Echo is still havn't a hard time with the floor. She is fine until she starts to think about it. Ding dong. Any new names for me yet? I am still stuck. I am just not going to worry myself with coming up with one myself. I am drivign myself crazy trying to come up with one.

I hope to hear from eveybody soon. We miss all of you guys when you don't post.

I need to go find something to eat. I have a client at 6 and it will probably last for 2 hours. I have to be fueled up for that. Chat with you guys later.

jbbm
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Kempy, still thinking about names....I thought of Hair Today Gone Tomorrow but Angie thought of that one all ready :dizzy:. I like board games too. I like to play scrabble, I can't find my board, I will have to find it. Dh use to have fun playing it. Hope your weather clears up!!

Well of to watch AI. Go Bo!! :lol:

jbbm
03-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Good Night Girls

Everyone have a great Tuesday tomorrow!!!!

calnative
03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I can't believe I'm still up. Can't wait for Friday; the start of Spring break!!

Noelle: Glad you're back. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and that Michael was feeling under the weather as well. Hope you both are feeling better.

Angie: I'm so excited for you and your new bakery. I have your number and will have to call you soon. I just have to remember the time difference.

Hello to everyone else. I'm off to bed.

Cal

angieME
03-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Good Morning!! How is everyone doing? I am so bored right now. You would think I would go jump on the exercise bike or something huh? :lol: We are getting freezing rain today so it isnt a very nice day out. I hate it when everything gets covered in ice. I wished it would stop snowing and warm up a bit. I am not looking forward to summer this year though because I am so fat. It is so uncomfortable to be this big and hot. But I have noone to blame but myself.

Jay hasnt gotten the sign hung yet. He has to find someone to help because it is 2 sections. The whole thing is 2 feet by 16 feet and it is getting hung over the big plate glass windows so he definately needs another guy or 2 to help. :lol:

well, I am so boring that I dont have anything new to report so I will leave now and hopefully there is lots of talking going on today. :lol:

jbbm
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi girls

Ugh, Angie sorry you are bored and I was not here for you to chat with. It has been none stop today. It has been not my day either. Ds had school today and when dd and I went to pick him up he was crying again. They had a live pig in the room and he is afraid of animals and it was screaming out pig noises :lol:, now I can laugh about it. He said he didn't want to go back to school anymore but he is better now and I said the pig is not going to be there anymore, lol. Oh Jesus....then I need lets just say I need a little help....not going to give tmi, but I was opening a can of prune juice with a can opener and the thing exploded all over the entire kitchen, tile, counters, brand new roll of toweling, nic nacks, and myself and my glasses. I said to myself THIS IS NOT MY DAY!!!! Maybe I am pms'ing and sick of cleaning and doing day to day stuff. Sorry to you know what girls. LOL

Hi Cal nice to see ya. I take it you are back to work full time? I was telling dh that it would be nice to just worry about how hot my damn coffee is and get all dolled up and go out the door but instead I have to kids in the freaking cold temperatures and to get ready and myself. Sorry for complaining. Everything can always get worse!!!!

I will check back later on. Girls are on on AI tonight, YUCK....I don't like any of them. I think the guys are great though. Well off to eat dinner. I don't know how much willpower I got tonight ladies. But I will try to stay in control ;). Hi everyone, come out and let us know what is going on with you.

melekalikimaka
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey ladies, it's been a crazy kind of 'catch up' day. I've just now gotten a breather. I was in a pissy mood this afternoon because my oldest sister emailed me and told me that Rick owes her husband money from a football bet from 2 years ago. Duh....the guys gets together every freakin' weekend, why couldn't my BIL just ask Rick for the money face-to-face? He's such a chicken sh*t...sorry for ranting. It just burns me up that he gets her involved to get me involved--that guy is spineless and has no balls. Ok, :lol: end rant.

Julie, sorry you had that unfortunate explosion of prune juice--Im sure it was no fun cleaning it up. At least it was fresh right? Not like it was something grosser like...(I won't elaborate :lol: ). Glad you got the emails. I had about 90+ emails to sort through, and those were the best of the funnies. Did I send any of you guys the "trunk monkey" one? THe security system w/the chimpanzee in the trunk? I realized after I sent them that I might have offended some--being that a man was recently mauled by two chimps at a rescue sanctuary, in SF I think. He lost an eye, all the fingers on one hand, part of his nose, ear and toes. Those things are scary. Your poor son, scared of a pig in the classroom. I don't blame him for not wanting to go back.

Angie, I forgot to mention, your shop sign is great! That's really a great name you came up with. It's becoming so real isn't it? Your goodies sound so delectable, I'd stop by if I was ever in your town.

Kempy, I'll try to think of some names for ya as well. I'm not too creative but more heads are better than one eh? I saw the cutest yellow lab puppy in a pet store in LV. He was so laid back, he didn't jump around or try to lick you all up. He did start chewing on Rick's bracelet and then my jacket sleeve. He was a doll, he reminded me of your Rhea when she was little.

Cal, you're right about the weather being great in LV. It got up to 73 on one day--that was hot, but most of the daytime stayed around 67. At night it averaged about 44--48 at night which was perfect for a long sleeved sweater. I loved it. Any news on Alberto's teaching position?

Well, I've got to start closing up shop and heading home. Hello to Summer, Dips and anyone else I may have missed. :wave:

Oh yeah, I finally got to watch a whole episode of AI last night. I thought Mario was pretty darned good, as was Anwar (my fav). Bo is great too. I wish Constantine would go away, he's ugly. :p

angieME
03-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Holy Cow you guys should be here for this storm!!! It is like whiteout blizzard conditions out there. The power went out last night and luckily when it came back on it kicked my computer screen on so we woke up and fixed Jays alarm clock. Why? I dont know :lol: Half the accounts he delivered to the people werent there this morning so he ended up bringing their donuts back.

I got up this morning and the snow had drifted up over my kitchen window. My neighbor has it drifted into the corner of his house all the way to the roof on a second story home. The dogs fence is pretty useless at the bottom of the property the snow is almost to the top.

Oh yeah, we are gonna get hit again on Friday and Saturday. :yikes: I am so ready for spring!!

They were supposed to go to the bakery today and hook the propane tanks up to the oven and put them out back but the weather is so bad they cancelled. Oh and no school for the kiddos.

jbbm
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Girls

Noelle, hope you have a better day at work today. It must be crazy getting caught up after vacation. I feel for you. I hate being in the middle of things too. Thats a bummer. I was always in the middle with my mom and dad when they divorced. Sometimes, well most of the time men, my hub. does does communicate well ;). Even if I say I want to talk to you, he just is like if you don't get angry or yell???? Whatever, he can be a pain. I have never seen that joke you are talking about. Unless dh deleted it by accident. I am really ready to stay on track too, how can we motivate each other? We could do weekly weigh ins report gains or loses? Not our actual weight ;).
Well I hope you get your :coffee: , and have a great day today.

Angie I am really tired of winter too. Right now it is freezing but no snow. That is coming tomorrow. I just don't like driving in it and ds's preschool is about 15 minutes away. That is alot of snow out your window!! Your kitchen is really pretty. I would like to paint mine this summer, right now it is a green color. Not dark or anything, it is called Green Tea.

Well have a great day girls. I am planning some things today, dh birthday is next week. Okay got a ton of things to do, I better get off of here!! Bye for now and hello everyone.

PhotogirlTX
03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
The date at the top of the page says I haven't been here since February 9th, 2005. So today is March 9th, 2005. I took a month off... I was in a bad place I guess... but I am getting out of it!

I won't be making excuses.. cause that is all they sound like. I've been self absorbed and I am sorry for leaving, I just needed a little time to figure out what was going on with me.

Does anyone know anything about yeast? I think all of my health/mental problems (this means depression, I am not really mental, or at least I don't think I am ;) ) stems from this.

About two weeks ago, I started taking some vitamins, acidophilus, and extra calcium, and between that and the meds that my doctor gave me to clear up a condition on my skin (tinea versicolor - overgrowth of natural flora that everyone has on their skin, basically, it's yeast), and I have noticed a HUGE improvement in myself. I have also started back on my treadmill and doing some moderate exercise... so all in all, I am feeling about 200% better than I was a month ago. I think I am ready to participate again instead of going home and sleeping.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read up on some of the latest posts... today and tomorrow is payroll, so I am a little busy, but I will try to catch up later this week.

Spring is finally showing it's face around here too... and I think that has helped me... The winter was really starting to get old. Right now, is sunny, a bit breeze in the low 50's. I'll take it!

Anyway... I need to get back to my data entry for payroll..... I'll check back in later tonight after I get the girls into bed. They are doing great btw... :-)

(((HUGS)))

Cherie

jbbm
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Cherie,

I knew you would come back again. I am so glad you are starting to feel better. Thats great news. Happy for you that Spring is so close for you!! I don't know to much about yeast? I think it thrives on sugar? Not sure though. I was thinking about taking those calcium chews. Its chocolate anyway :lol:. Its great that your girls are doing good too.
I have been having some winter blues issues myself. Basically my kids were down and out sick starting on Feb. 11 to the end of Feb. Ds first and then dd. That really wore me out totally and my eating went even more downhill. And excercise was not in sight. But I am trying. I did some heavy duty cleaning today and I want to get more cardio in if time and the kids allow. Well nice to see you back.
Btw I have to ask since you and I watch the Bachorlette, what did you think? John Paul was from your area. He was simply gorgeous!! Has he been on the news in your city or anything? I could not believe she let him go.

melekalikimaka
03-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey girls, thought I'd pop in before I actually start in on my paperwork. I had to run around making deliveries this morning. It rained all afternoon and last night but right now it's bright and sunny. We're expecting a high of 83 :sunny:.

Angie, that is a lot of snow! Hope it melts away for ya quick. Stay safe and warm indoors. Are the kids driving you and each other crazy yet?

Cherie, :grouphug: glad to have you back and to hear you're doing better. We all need time for ourselves so no guilt about taking some. I think w/more sunshine and spring on the way we'll all be feeling a bit more energetic (at least I hope so ;) )

Julie, I don't watch the Bachlorette but as for AI? I'm with you on the girls, yuck! Nobody really stands out as WOW material for me. I still like Amanda and Vonzell, but I dunno, they all sound like they're a step behind when singing. I especially dislike Mikalah though, that over-the-top nasal whiner. I hope she gets voted out and quick, I can't take much more of her--almost to the point where I won't even bother watching the show. --the trunk monkey email was sent to me by Kempy...I'll see if I still have it for you.

Well, gotta get cracking around here, it's a short school day and I should get some work done right? :lol: Have a good one everybody.

PhotogirlTX
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Julie... I watched the Bachelorette.. and I think that was part of my February BLAH.. that was the worst season EVER that I have ever seen. She turned out to be the worst bachelor/bachelorette they have ever had. I loved her with Andrew.. but after this season... I am so jaded on that show. John Paul has been in the news a little... primarily when the show was on.. he is opening a new restaurant, I think in April, called JP's Place. It's up in my neck of the woods... so I will have to go check it out. Other than that.... I am not sure what is up with him. I have replaced my bachelorette addiction with The Amazing Race and Survivor. I never really watched AR before, but now after two shows, I can see why it is always getting the awards for best reality show.... and Survivor this season has been great too...

Tonight... I'll be on the treadmill, not sure what I'll be watching.... but hopefully I can find something motivating! :-)

Thanks to you and Noelle for the welcome backs.... Means a lot to me!

Cherie

angieME
03-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey Cherie, I am so glad to see you back.

I LOVE the Amazing Race. That is the best show on tv beside CSI. :lol: I hated Boston Rob on Survivor but after listening to the whiners on the Amazing Race I am actually hoping him and Amber win. :lol: It is so funny to watch him pull stuff behind everyones back. Did you see the preview for next week? :lol: hahaha I cant wait.

Not much happening here right now. Corey shoveled the snow out of the walkway while me and jay were at work. That boy will be sore in the morning because the snowdrifts were as deep as he is tall. :lol: I can hardly wait for this **** to start again on Friday. :lol: When is spring??????

jbbm
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Good Night Girls....One more day after tomorrow and its FRIDAY!! YEAH!!

melekalikimaka
03-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Blech! :mad: AI just finished and I can not believe that 'Meh'kaylah is still around. What was with those pink hooker boots??? I think I have a new crush on Bo Bice though :lol: He is so cool and comfortable and just seems to be a natural on that stage. buh-bye Amanda :( Anyway, can't wait for next week when the competition really begins.

PhotogirlTX
03-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone..... I am busy with payroll... but just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Angie.... I didn't like Boston Rob on Survivior either, but on AR.. I am rooting for him.. I think he has really grown on me.. and I love how he is playing the game. Whatever it takes! You are right about the others whining.... just shut up already! They are my favorite team right right now.

Well, I went home yesterday, and did three miles on the treadmill. It took me 40 minutes.. so it was a combo of walking and jogging. I was going to get back on it after the girls went to bed, but I got lazy, AGAIN... and didn't do it. Right now, I am STARVING... :-) Lunch is in about an hour, so I guess I can live with the hungar pains.... I am slowly trying to weed the sugar out of my daily diet, and see if that helps me and how I am feeling. I am still having night sweats, off and on... last night was on, so I am not sure what caused that... but I know having an over abundance of yeast in my system will contribute to the night sweats.. (as well as a ton of other things that I've been feeling).

It's beautiful here... bright and sunny.... abet a bit windy... but I would still love to have the afternoon off and go biking. My friend Alan is going to pick up my bike sometime this week or next and take it to the bike shop to have it tuned up. It really needs it. Then hopefully we can do some biking together some afternoons before I have to pick up the girls.

Well.. I better get back to work.. tonight is Survivior night! Woo Hoo! :D

Talk to you all later!

Cherie

melekalikimaka
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey girls, mired down in invoices right now but if Cherie can stop in the middle of processing payroll I can say 'hello' as well :wave:. I'm such a procrastinator....I only get seriously cracking on work towards the end of the week, I guess I work better under pressure?

Cherie, :bravo: for 3 miles. You did at least that. I sat on my butt and ate lemon cake last night :ink: :lol: That is so cool that you and Alan enjoy biking. I wish Rick and I were into some form of exercise together (besides the personal kind :devil: ). I think if I could get him home early enough in the evening, we could all go out walking together. Good luck on the sugar withdrawals. I've been reading some around these forums and found someone said that if you eliminate the sugar in your diet, you cease to crave it. I don't know how true that is, but it kinda makes sense. Don't get started on it, then you won't feel like you absolutely have to have it. :blahblah:

Hello to everyone else. Come out and post.

jbbm
03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey girls finally time to post.

Noelle I am stunned she is still in. She is a young Fran Drescher(sp?)!!!! I don't like her. I don't like the way she flirts with Simon, YUCK. Lemon cake....yummy.

Cherie, I love to bike too. You and girls and Alan can enjoy it all summer long, its fun and doesn't feel like excercise. I am going to try and get Survivor in tonight.

Well girls I had a major stressful morning....I picked up ds from preschool and it is terrible outside. I think we must have gotten 3-4 inches all ready. Well anyway this guy pulled out in front of me and I was going about 35 miles an hour, had to slam on the brakes and almost hit me within inches and I almost went up the curb. It is like a damn whiteout here!! To top it off the jerk follows me home. Well I went in and out of some neighborhoods until I lost the guy, he almost hits me and follows me? I was shaking. So I sat in the garage for a couple of minutes and opened the garage door and shoveled the whole darn driveway and its all ready covered again :lol:, oh well. There is some really crazy people out there. I wish I would have gotten his license plates. But it smell good in here. I have a pork roast in the oven and onions, carrots and potatoes baking in cream of chicken soup. Last night I made a pizza pasta casserole that was awesome. Dd ate it up like no tomorrow. Okay enough rambling from me, I do not want to make you girls bored out of your minds. I will try and get more personal later. I have a you know what load of stuff to do. Luv ya all....bye for now babes!!

jbbm
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Noelle I have to say Bo is my favorite and had been since the auditions. He is real, not fake and not trying to put on a front. I bet he has a heart of gold and I just want to squeeze and hug him. He sang "Drift Away" so beautifully!! Go Bo!! Thats my new saying....GO BO!!!! LOL

jbbm
03-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Pre-TOM is literally killing me :mad:!!!! I am eating everything in sight....dh well lets just say "h" just said to me I don't know where you put all that food. Where is that pms list when I need it :lol:!! I feel like a total pig!!

Other than that news I hope you all are doing well.

PhotogirlTX
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, this afternoon I went and joined calorieking.com to help me keep count of my calorie intake... omg...... I thought I was doing good... geeze.... no wonder I am as big as I am. So, I am going to concentrate on counting my calories.. and getting my exercise in every day and hopefully I'll start feeling better. Each day is getting better.. I can tell that. I'm just not in that super, I'm doing great feeling mode yet.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill earlier this evening.. and now I am watching Survivor.... I love this show! :-)

Julie.... wow... how scary is that.. not only are you almost hit.. but for him to follow you.... I am so glad you lost him.

Noelle... Alan and I love to do lots of things together... my only problem is I have the girls all the time, so I don't get to spend much time with him.

Anyway... need to go take care of the girls.... I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

angieME
03-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Good Morning!!

Julie, How much snow did you guys end up with? It is coming our way tonight and tommorrow. They said to expect 16-24 more inches of snow in our area. Isnt it almost spring? :lol: I dont know what we are going to do with the snow. My yard is completely full now!!!! :yikes:

Here are some pics of my back yard. Check out my pool.....if you can find it. :lol: I bet you all are jealous you dont live here,huh? hahahaha Can I come live with you guys where it is warm. Pretty Please? :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

PhotogirlTX
03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Angie.. if you lived on a mountain and I could go skiing I would be there!!! :D that looks like some great snow! However, I think I will stick with my spring like temps here even if it is a bit windy.

Today is Friday.... This evening I am taking the girls over to my aunt and uncle's house. My stepdad is coming into town, so I am going to catch up with them. I am not sure if I will be able to get any exercise in, but I am going to try.

On the calorieking site, I chose Friday's as my weigh in day... so I got on the scale and did my measurements. I'll start doing those once a month again... but I am just shocked by how much I have let myself go. I am down 3.5 pounds from the first of the month, but the measurements really are forcing me into reality.

Anyway.. I hope everyone has a great day..... I'll be back later this afternoon! Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

angieME
03-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Julie, I forgot to say....Holy Cow, I would have been so scared to have some creep follow me. I am glad you got away and are safe. There are so many loonies out there.

Cherie, We have lots of mountains for skiing. The Sugarloaf one is the biggest but that is a ways from me. Greenville even has skiing. It is a touristy place.

Well, I gotta go do my hair

jbbm
03-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Angie those pics are unreal!! We got about 4-5 inches, I think and I am whining. I shouldn't be with all that snow coming your way. Serious I don't know where you are going to put more. It is going to be taller than you :lol:. Just wait until all that stuff melts. Wow. Were the guys ever able to get some more work done at your shop?

Cherie I will have to check out that site. Great job on the loss. When you put your mind to it you really do it!! You are doing wonderful. Only if I could get my pms eating under control. It is absolute ****. I am going to talk to my doc about all the symptoms I get before TOM, I am going to ask for a hysterectomy but I doubt if he will agree even though I have gotten cysts on my ovaries the size of grapefruits. I am on b/c to control them. I remember when I was breastfeeding my kiddos and didn't have a period I felt the best I have ever felt in my adult life, from moods, appetite, weight, bowels, just felt like human :lol:. I hope you have a nice visit with your family tonight. Are they making you dinner so you can get out of cooking tonight ;)??

Well girls I am going to get going. Have to make a grocery list. Lets see potatoe chips, movie butter popcorn, candy bars and cheese/just kidding. I am going to try and be good!! Be back later, hi everyone.

Kempyd
03-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey guys. I am not at work today. We are heading to the middle of the state for a DU meeting. Now that Joe is part of the State commitee we have to go to more meetings. The good things is that they are feeding us all of our meals so we don't ahve to spend much money.

Angie I can't get over all of that snow. I am suprised that stuff doesn't colapse under the weight. I guess you guys build things better that we do down here.

Cherie so glad to see you back. I am having a hard time getting here lately. We are having great weather too. It is pretty windy out today though. I am loving it though.We got all of our sand spread out so we are ready for the rain when it starts. I guess March is going to go out like a Lamb for us down here.

Noelle I loved to post card. I have it on the fridge. I want to go back so that is motivation. Joe and I keep talking about going somewhere different for vacation next year. Do you know of a good site to look on for a good deal over there?

Hey Cal, how is vacation going? Do you miss the kids? :lol:

I need to finish packing so I will chat whenever I get a chance.

PhotogirlTX
03-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Julie, this coming back... is hard. I've been taking small steps... since the middle of February I think. Looking this week at what I've been eating and writing it all down, has been a real eye opener... now I understand why I've been gaining so much weight.. I just LOVE food. My biggest down fall area, other than just not exercising, is the time I spend with Alan. He loves food, and we tend to eat really well together, and wine or beer is always there with us. Today, is going to be my first real test.. he is picking my up for lunch. We have decided on some Thai food.. so hopefully I won't do too bad. Between lunch and what we will have for dinner is going to be testing my resolve. Anyway... I will find some time to exercise.. even if I have to go to my relatives house tonight all stinky! :D

Hey Kempy! Thanks... I am happy to be back. It's always a bad feeling when you feel like you've been ducking your head in the sand and hiding from people.... this place helps me out so much.. sometimes it's just hard to see that. Have fun at your DU meetings!

OK... back to work here... Alan will be here in about 30 minutes, so I need to get some progress done here!

Talk to you all later!

Cherie

angieME
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Kempy, What is so bad is that I dont know what I am going to do with the dogs after this storm. I have a 5 foot fence going around my yard and I was watching Mickey today....if he wanted to all he would have to do is jump up and he could go right over the fence now. After tomorrow they probably wont even know there was a fence there. Luckily my dogs are fat and lazy like their mama. :lol: My for sale sign in the front yard is completely under snow too. Sick. sick sick.

jbbm
03-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Angie your poor dogs have a limited space probally to do their job. I bet they have fun in it though. Hang in there girl Spring is on the way. And don't talk about yourself like that :lol:. You are beautiful and not lazy!! So you gained your weight back, you will get back on track.

Well girls I am going to go pop some more tylenol, I have a major migraine. I hope everyone has a fun weekend.

Noelle where are ya? Busy I bet after being back from vacation. Did you hear Rachel Ray is getting married? I was in the kitchen last night and missed the segment of the show. I just heard that. Hope your nasty cold is gone.

Cherie have fun going out to eat for lunch with Alan. I know what you mean about loving food. Dh and I love to eat and cook. I love making new recipes and all. Just have to do moderation!!
Bye for now.

jbbm
03-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday

Noelle you are such a sweetheart to send a post card. It is beautiful, thanks friend!!

Well off to get the day started check back later. Have a great day girls.

melekalikimaka
03-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey girls. It's a rainy, dreary Saturday for me. I hope it clears up so Michael can get to his swimming lesson. There are only 4 class days left and we already missed 2, one was my fault (misreading the schedule) and last week when he was sick. :rain: Rain rain go away, come again another day :crossed: We watched the Robots movie last night. It was a funny movie, with that inside-joke humor for adults. Robin Williams was crazy as usual, the voice of Fender, a breaking-down outmoded robot. Great one for kids.

Julie, you're welcome for the post card. Was it you that said you'd never been to Las Vegas? It's a wild place, we all just have to meet up there one day. Gosh, that's so scary about that guy on the road the other day. I would've driven to the nearest police station if he kept on. I'm glad everything turned out Ok. I hate to get shaken up while driving, especially w/kids in the car. :grouphug: How's the headache today? My TOM is out of whack again, came early--few days before vacation, how convenient eh?

Angie, my goodness girl, that snow is just everywhere! Poor doggies have to do their business in the freezing cold. Hope it lets up for you and warmer temps come your way. Julie's right you know, you shouldn't talk about yourself that way. I know how ya feel though, I'm right there with ya. :^:

Kempy, glad you guys got the post cards--finally. I think I sent them out last Thursday from the hotel. See? I was thinking about you guys all along :) Have you tried travelocity.com or maybe orbitz.com? Orbitz had some great deals. I guess the price depends on the season as well. Do you know exactly when you guys are traveling? We usually spend anywhere from $395 to about $500 per person when traveling from HI to LV with one of the local companies. That's for air/room/transfers and meals. We rent the car separate. That's on a charter flight on Omni Air. We usually stay downtown (cheaper hotels) and use the car to drive to the strip, which has free valet parking when we visit.

Cherie, Calorieking is a great site. I like it better than fitday.com since it has a larger database on nutrition info, and a lot of ethnic foods already in it. Have you seen the fast food calorie counter? Say for instance you eat at McDonalds, you click and drag on the burger/meal you would be eating and put it on your tray, the info automatically pops up on-screen. I think they have it for Subway and other fast food restaurants as well. Cool stuff. You're doing great though, all it takes to succeed is one step at a time.

Cal, I sent the Starbucks cards out a few days ago, let me know if you get them. :coffee: Has your weather faring? Enjoy your weekend.

Well, I've done alot of rambling...have a wonderful day everyone. Pray for sunshine! :sunny:

jbbm
03-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Noelle I will say a prayer that the rain goes away. That movie Robots looks really good. Glad you enjoyed it. I would like to take the kids. Last night at my ds's school they had a HI theme dance. We did not get a chance to go, he said he did not want to go anyway, plus it was snowing. Anyway I ordered dh a new computer for his birthday on Monday and it came in yesterday, so he went and picked it up last night and putzed around with taking the old one out and putting this one in. We had a gateway and now a dell. I am still adjusting to the keyboard. But it is nice, I would have liked a new piece of furniture instead ;). Thanks for asking about the headache, wow it was a monster last night. I had to get up take a pain pill for dh's kidney stone's it was so bad. Which I never do, but it helped and it is there just yet hanging around not to bad though. My mom said to me this am which totally pissed me off, she said you really have to do something with yourself so you don't get pms. I felt like doing a kung fo move over the phone, lol :lol:. Gotta laugh....on that note I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds a reason to laugh.

Dips you coming back?

Kempy have a fun weekend with Joe.

Angie I hope your power stays on with all that snow, thinking about you.
Have a cozy weekend :).

Cherie how did the visit go? I hoped you had a nice day yesterday and a great time with Alan.

Cal thinking about you too. Hope all is well with your health.

angieME
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Happy weekend guys.
Well, the snow missed us. We got 5 or 6 inches but not the BIG one they kept saying was coming. I bet there are alot of mad people out there now. They were cancelling events all over the state the day before to be on the safe side and then the snow was basically done by morning. I am mad because I found an awesome deal on some hutches for the bakery and I would have travelled to get them on Saturday. Now I have to do it tomorrow. I found a lady with 6 hutches that she had in her gift shop that she displayed her Yankee Candles on. She is remodeling her shop so she is selling the hutches for 200.00 FOR ALL OF THEM!! I now can have 24 feet of hutch space in the bakery for 200.00. So tomorrow we are going to rent a Uhaul and go pick them up and I can paint them all week.

I will try to get on and post this week but I am not sure I will get to too often. I am going to be running like crazy this week trying to get everything done so we can open next Monday.

Oh I had to tell you guys this because it was funny. Jay has a brother that basically dumped his whole family because we hate his wife(she is evil) so anyways they moved away had a kid and wont let the inlaws see her. The kid must be about 7 now and MIL has only seen her the day she was in the hospital. He also hasnt spoken to his daughter from his first marriage since then either. She graduated a few years ago and called him to see if he would come to it and he said No because we all hate Brillo. (that is what we call her. :lol: )I havent seen them in about 8 years even though they live about 30 minutes away. Well, we were in Sams club Friday and I found an Open sign on clearance and I turned around to pick it up and who is behind me but Beavis(that is what we call him. :lol: ) I dont say anything because he wouldnt talk to me if I did. Jay was so into the sign that he didnt notice Beavis standing there for about 10 minutes. He even walked by him a few times. hahaha I had to laugh because I asked him if that was his brother and he said who? Show him a bargain and he doesnt notice anything.

PhotogirlTX
03-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Good Morning! It's Monday again. I'm sitting here eating my Special K, vanilla with almonds, and it's yummy!

I had a pretty nice weekend. Spent it at home with my girls. Nothing really special... just hanging out. Yesterday we we able to go grocery shopping and ended up picking up a puzzle, so I worked on that for most of the day. I did manage to stay OP and on track with my food... and I jogged every day. 3 miles on Friday, 3 miles on Saturday, and I did 4 miles yesterday. I feel really good. I had two nights of great sleep. (this is very MAJOR for me) Last night I was hoping for another great night, but I ended up dreaming and waking up again all night long. My night sweats are doing better.... almost gone.. so I must be doing something right. Anyway.. baby steps.. I can tell I am feeling better.. I just can't wait to see how I am feeling in two months.

Winter came back this weekend. Saturday.. highs in the 70's.. I had the windows open, the door open.. it was beautiful. Sunday came, and the wind was blowing 30 miles an hour plus, and we had wind chill factors down in the 30's. That is supposed to stay with us all week long. It sucks too.. cause its spring break here.. and the kids are going to get sucky weather. Hannah is supposed to go to the zoo today with her day care group, so I made her wear jeans, boots, a long sleeved shirt and her coat. She wasn't too happy about it, but I would rather her be warm... than get to the zoo and freeze.

OK.. back to work here.. breakfast is over. :-) Gotta do some real work for a change!

Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

jbbm
03-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi girls

Angie that is funny you call him Beavis. Isn't it so weird when you see someone you have not seen in a long time? Poor little kid that your MIL has not see the child since birth. I admit I use to watch that show, haha. I bet your hutches are going to be awesome. What color are you going to paint them?

Cherie you are doing great excercising. Keep it up. I am so glad you got some sleep. Doesn't it make a difference when you feel well rested? When the kids were sick the whole darn month of Feb. it was **** being up night after night. There is nothing like sleeping a full good eight hours.

Well gotta run. I am being called. Check back later on.

jbbm
03-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Afternoon Everyone???? Anyone Home????

How is everyone doing?

Noelle, I hope the sun is shining brightly by you. It is here but we are 29 degrees. Under average but I am not going to complain!! My ds keeps getting the step stool and reaching the calendar from you and turning it to the month of April. He just loves that picture with the lava. So I look at it and get my days screwed up and realize that he turned it over again :lol:. He loves that thing. Did you hear Mario dropped out of AI yesterday? It was said for personal reasons? I wonder what is up with that, I thought he was going to be in the top four. Well I am going to get going the kids and I are making HB signs for dh. I don't know if I will be able to get back on tonight or not. If not everyone Hi out there!!

melekalikimaka
03-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey girls, happy(?) Monday. I brought my car in for a 30K mile service and was told it would cost $599–not including the other problems I wanted checked. OMG!!!! Once the freakin' warranty expired everything wants to fall apart at once. My drivers-side outside door handle cr@pped out last week, and I have to go in through the passenger side and open it from the inside. Rick took the door panel off and looked at it and it looks like a plastic piece of the internal mechanism cracked off. He got it to work somewhat, but it's still not 100%. Then the CD player started eating my CD's and telling me that there were no discs inside–so I couldn't eject them out. I got that sorted out as well but if it happens again I may just buy an after-market stereo system instead of replacing it w/the sh*tty manufacturers brand. OR!!! I'm currently looking online again at different cars. I'm seriously thinking of getting a new one. Ford still has the 0% APR financing although they only offer it for 4 years instead of 5...it's still a good deal though. I don't know if I want to go w/Ford again though, except if it's my beloved ‘05 Mustang :lol:, fat chance of that though. That is so unpractical for me and my family. Tphhhttttttt :p

Angie you got an awesome deal on those hutches and they probably smell wonderful if she kept those candles inside. :lol: You've got those types of people in your family too huh? Same here. Have a great, stress-free week.

Julie, I heard about Mario on the radio this morning. He probably got an offer he couldn't refuse. I liked his voice except he reminded me of Fez :lol: So I hear you got a new computer? How cool. I'm sure your hubby will install all that virus/spam/anti-hacker EVERYTHING protection on it, that's a must these days. Here's wishing your DH a happy :hb: birthday. That's cute about your son turning the calendar, except for the part about it screwing up your days :lol:

Cherie, that cereal sounds good. I'm gonna go look for it. I'm getting tired of Kashi go-lean. Woo-hoo on the exercise girl! You're inspiring. Glad to hear you're feeling much better.

I gotta split for now, got some errands to run. Happy day to all :wave:

melekalikimaka
03-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey girls, still no word on the status of my car in service...man, I'm thinking I'll just leave it at the dealer and be done with it :lol:. Anyway, the reason I popped back in, i just read the paper today and you can get a free credit report from this website:

www.annualcreditreport.com it gives you a choice of Experian, TransUnion or Equifax for reporting agencies. You should be entitled to one free report a year and this is how to get one. You can also get one free if you've ever been rejected for credit within 60 days (I think). I used to work in credit and this is a very valuable thing to check at least once a year. Do I sound like a commercial? :lol: just thought someone else might be interested...

Kempyd
03-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Sorry so late girls. I have to work on a client tonight and i am just getting settled in at home.

Noelle I need to got one of those reports. It isn't available in the south just yet. I have to wait until June. I had a problem with some things a while back and I need to see if they fixed them. They always say they do and then they show right back up on the report. I hope you find a car soon. You better post pics!

Cherie it got pretty cool here too. I am thankful for the wind though. We have so much pollen floating around without it. I am very thankful that I don't have allergies. Good job on working out. I need to get my butt back in gear. I did walk the dogs today. It was only a mile but at least I did something with myself.

Angie that is great about the hutches. How did you find that lady? I have to start looking for a dinning room table soon. We are having Thanksgiving hre this year and we really don't have anywhere for people to sit. We really never needed one and I didn't mind having an open space where the table should be. Just something else to clean. Has the snow started to melt yet? I think I have a few of those crazy relatives too!!!

Julie are you guys all 100% yet? One of the girls at work has the flu right now. I swear that girl has been sick since I have been there. Not with the flu but with anything and everything. I feel terrible for her. Even her son is getting sick all of the time. I am very thankful for our health inthe family.

Ok, I need to do some luandry b4 I head to bed. I hope to chat tommorrow. :wave:

melekalikimaka
03-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Good morning ladies. I didn't sleep too well last night. I watched a show on TLC called A Haunting in Georgia, it was about this family who moved into this formerly abandoned house and the little 4 y.o. girl could see ghosts. One was a friendly one who she played with (the mother thought it was just an imaginary friend until they saw a chair move on its own in the house), another ghost was one who came to the door with blood on his shirt and the other was an eerie sinister looking one whose face was always covered with a hooded jacket. Creepy! It was supposedly a documentary but the reenactments were cheesy and made me think I was watching a very b-grade movie. It still kept me up at night though :lol:

My car is supposed to be finished today. Last night we went over to the Toyota dealer and looked over some cars (Matrix, Rav 4, Highlander, Camry...) Can't make up my mind although if I do get something it'll most likely be a Toyota. All depends on price price price.

Kempy, will this be the first year you guys do a turkey? I had to laugh at our last year jitters about doing one. I didn't know those credit reports weren't available where you are yet. Well, you might as well wait a few months and get the free one instead of paying for it ;)

Phones ringing off the hook, gotta run for now. Be back later to see what's happening. Hello to all.

PhotogirlTX
03-15-2005, 07:20 PM
hey everyone, I am checking in.. i've had a nasty fever for the past 24 hours.. and I've been away from the computer trying to get better... I'll log back in tomorrow.. hopefully from work.... right now.. I am going to get the girls ready for bed.. and take some nyquil and go to bed myself. Talk to you all later.

Cherie

melekalikimaka
03-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Cherie, take care. Nyquil is WONDERFUL :dizzy:. Rest up and hope you feel better tomorrow.

Well, the news just keeps getting better and better for my car, NOT! Now they tell me the A/C evaporator core is bad which is why it's not cooling as good as it should be, repair cost? $1300 :eek: . The door handle will cost $180 (parts & labor) to replace so I'm scouring ebay to see if I can get one cheaper and have someone install it for me. Gosh, when the guy called to tell me the car was ready for pick up, I told him he could keep it, I didn't want it anymore :lol:. If I fully repaired this car to what it should be, it would almost as much as I owe on it. I am car-hunting this weekend and will try to sell my car in the classifieds. :( Gotta get to the service dept before they close. Talk w/yall tomorrow.

jbbm
03-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey girls Happy Wednesday

Noelle sorry about the problems you are having with the car. That stinks!! Wow, with all that money it could be a down payment on your favorite the Mustang!! That show you mentioned I think it was on last Halloween if I remember right and I was so scared I had to turn on all the lights to go to the bathroom. I love scary movies but can't watch them alone. The Exorcist is for me the scariest ever....yikes. Noelle did you watch AI last night? GO BO!!!! I love him. He and the other girl really stepped it up, I can't think of her name....big hair, skinny, beautiful black girl. And Nikko did a cool song after being brought back in.

Cherie my dear I hope you are feeling better. My gosh you poor thing. Take the NYQUIL!! It helps. Make sure to get your vitamin C, eat alot of fruits if you can tolerate them.

Angie how is the painting going on the hutches? Any of your snow melting yet? It is snowing here now. Geesh.

Kempy, knock on wood, everyone is feeling better :lol:. Funny thing is I never really got sick at all this winter, if you don't count pms :lol:. But it just seems that kids pick up everything from everywhere and bring it home. We never use to get as sick as much as we do now before we had kids. But like I said I am hoping to go a winter without being sick :). I feel bad for the gal at your work. It sounds like clients are picking up. Thats great. Did you think of a name yet? I am still brainstrorming for ya.

Hi everyone else. Have a great OP day. Yesterday was my first OP day in a long, long time. Check back later.

Kempyd
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey guys! I am off today and about to head to the store for some much needed food. We have been eating out way to much. It is all b/c I have nothing here to cook.

Julie I still don't have a name. Yes, I have been pretty busy. I really havn't goten lots of new people but the ones that I have a on a schedule so they are keeping me pretty busy. Ia m not going to complain one bit. If it gets to crazy I might think about working on Wednesdays to help my schedule a little. The salon itself is closed so it would just be me and my clients but that is ok.

Noelle I saw the one with the huanting in Con. I was kind of creeped out by it too even though it was cheesy. The temps aren't that bad right now for you are they. I mean with your AC acting up I didn't know if you would melt while you where driving around. I hope you are able to find a car this weekend. That way you wont have to worry about car repairs.

Angie how is it going up there. Did you get buried? :lol:

Cherie Joe swears by alka seltzer. It tastes like crap but it really works. I hope you feel better.

I just got back from the female doc. fun, fun :rolleyes: I talked to her about my weight loss and how hard it is for me now that I am 30. She ran a thyroid test on my again to see if that was it. We did it 4 years ago and she said that 30 is usually when you will see signs of that happening and it really shouldn't be my metabolism so soon. I kind of hope that that is the reason I have such a hard time and then I can start to fix it. She told me to talk to a compound pharmasist once my results come in and they can mix something up for me. I know one from when I worked at the gym.

I am going to ehad to the store so I will chat when I get a break today.

melekalikimaka
03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey girls, it's been cold these past couple of days (for us anyway). Last night some areas got down to around 58! The high today is supposed to be 78 but I dunno, right now it's 68 and that's cool for us. I'm wearing sweatshirt. I had the most awful coughing fit last night, then a slight fever came on--must be the cool weather :lol: Anyway, I'm making it a light day to just rest up before this stupid cold or flu or whatever it is comes back full force. It was a Nyquil night for me too.

Julie, AI was pretty good. I liked that Mikalah sucked :lol:. I hope she's out tonight. You never know though, if her LV home town people vote that's a lot of support. I think even Constantine sounded not bad. Bo was pretty awesome, working the stage like that. I really like Anwar's vocal range and tone, but that song he chose, it was all over the place. Nadia was the black girl, she was terrific. That Carrie Underwood girl, I don't know what it is about her that i don't like--maybe her attitude? She looks a little stuck up or maybe like she's so above everyone else. She's really pretty but she always has that look on her face like something stinks :lol:

Kempy, I've never heard of a compound pharmacist. I gotta go and look that up. It IS definitely harder to lose weight in your 30's than it is in your 20's. I have a sis right above me, she was always skinny as a beanpole. At 10 years old she was only 50 lbs (My son is 6 and he weighs 53 lbs). She's now 36 and finally! finally! finally! putting on weight. SHe always eats fast food and junk food and never gained weight, but maybe this past year or two, she's finally packing it on. I have to laugh about it too, because she and my other sisters were always the ones to tease me about being fat when I was little. :s

Cherie, how are ya today? I hope you're resting up if you're not feeling good. No sense in going to work feeling like cr@p.

Angie,I know you're busy right now. How's the place pulling together? We can't wait to see those pics of your shop. I can smell those donuts already :T

Dips, where have you run away to? You must be busy with your new digs.

Cal are you guys on Spring Break yet?

Well, gotta run and pick up some more meds for this stuffy head. Have a good one girls.

Summer, how are you doing these days? Any news on the baby front? :)

PhotogirlTX
03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Checking in again... I had a 102.8 degree fever earlier this morning.... I did run to the office to pick up my laptop.. but came back home and I have been in bed ever since. I am feeling a little better right now, my fever is gone for the time being, and I had a little something for lunch. Anyway... Hopefully tomorrow, Ill be better and check back in. Talk to you soon.

Cherie

jbbm
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Hugs Cherie, I hope you feel better real soon. I am glad you are at home today. Hopefully you will be all better soon!!

Noelle I HOPE Mikala goes too! I know what you are saying about Carrie. Something is not right. I want to hug you right now Noelle, I hate to think of you being teased!!

Kempy not so fun morning ;). I never heard of a compound pharmacist either.
I hope you got some yummy stuff at the grocery store. But healthy, haha....

Well girls hate to cut this short but it is dinner time and got to go. Having chili again. I never get sick of it. I am going to try and not eat any of the noodles. I am not baking biscuits either. Way to many white processed foods in the house. Okay talk to you all later. Or I will try and check back. Hi everyone out there.

angieME
03-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, How is everyone? Well, The Health Department cashed our check about a month ago but didnt know why they got it. They didnt bother to read what we wrote to them or pay attention to the call that told us to send the check. !!! It pisses me off because now we have to wait another week to get inspected to open. The inspector cant get to us until next Wednesday so now we have to push the opening day up to Monday the 28 instead of this coming Monday. GGGRRRR!!!!

I got the hutches and decided to keep them stained like they came. It would have been so much work to paint them all. :lol: There is alot of hutch there. :lol: I have one whole side of the front filled in with the hutches now. Lots of space for gourmet foods....if only I could afford to buy some now. I am so broke that I am going to have to order that stuff closer to summer. I just cant come up with any money right now. My car and house payment are going to be late this month as it is.

Oh yeah, as if this week hasnt been busy enough....someone is coming to look at the house on Saturday so I have to bust my butt getting everything in shape for that. Maybe they will buy it so I can move closer to the bakery though.

Tommorrow we have to meet the Chamber of Commerce at the bakery because they called today and want to present us with a gift??? and have the paper there to get pics and do a write up. I dont want my fat *** plastered on the newspaper. :lol: The coffe guy comes tomorrow too so I guess I will be busy.

I just want to get it open so I can stop running doing errands for a minute. :lol:

I got a call from Cal today. She is such a sweetheart. It was so nice to talk to her. She is coming to Maine this summer so maybe we will get to meet. :cheer:

Noelle, You poor girl. You must be freezing your *** off. :lol: :rofl: I hear ya though, we feel like that when fall starts...but those same temps in the springtime and you will see everyone out walking in shorts. :lol: weird.

Cherie, Get better Babe. Boston Rob was funny last night, huh? He is a smart player.

Julie, We grabbed Wendy's on the way home. Half way home I looked at the sandwiches and they had given us Triple cheeseburgers. YUCK!! I hate hamburger from fast food places. Jay called and complained and they are giving us certificates for free meals

Kempy, Sounds like you had a fun day today. I dont envy you. I hate those things.

My Mom's Rottie die the other day. Poor Nakita. She was almost 10. They had to rush her to the vets and they found out she was having heart troubles (basically she was shutting down) and they recommended euthanasia. Dad couldnt be in the room because he couldnt handle it so mom stayed with her.They both left work for the day when the vet said to bring her in now. Mom had to miss the next day. She was crying when she told me. It is hard to comfort her because I was all choked up myself. Keetie was the best dog I have ever seen. She was so gentle with my kids.

Well, I will try to keep you all updated on how everything is going.

melekalikimaka
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey Girls, top o'the mornin' to ya :) I'm not at work yet but will head there soon. Did I tell you guys that we got a new kitten? It adopted us a few weeks ago. It's a little gray striped tiger kitten. It was all skin and bone and really wild. it came around about 3 days before I went on vacation. We fed it and when we got back 5 days later, it was a little fat blob. I try to catch it every day and pet it. It's slowly getting tame. I started calling it Leper (like as in Leprosy :^: ). Every time the kitten came around, all the other 3 cats would back off like they couldn't stand to be around it--plus it's gray with some stripes and spots, like a leopard :rolleyes:. Dunno if that name will stick or not, but it looks like that cat is here to stay. I think it's a boy but I've got to check again, it was a little too wild when I tried to look underneath.

Angie, that's too bad that the DOH screwed up your inspection date, typical for government though huh? I wonder if we'll be able to see your write-up by the Chamber of Commerce online??? Sorry to hear about your mom's Rottie, that is sad. Good luck on the house sale, I'm crossing my fingers for ya :crossed:

Julie, arggh, what can I say? That freakin' Mikalah is still there. Are there that many people out there tone-deaf? Maybe it's all the little kids voting for her because they like clowns? :p

Cherie, how are you today?

Kempy, man, your hometown girl got voted out on AI, that was too bad. Her voice was waaay better than that other girl I love to hate.

Well, gotta head to work I guess :lol: Chat later.

calnative
03-18-2005, 07:29 AM
I have been enjoying my time off. I've got one more week. :D We've spent most of this week organizing the garage. We had cabinets installed last weekend and we've almost got everything put away or given away. It sure looks great.

Angie: I really enjoyed talking with you the other day. I hope it didn't make you too late for working. :) I look forward to meeting you.

Noelle: I got the Starbucks cards. Thank you. I told hubbie that I should see if they have any for Arizona. If so, I'll send you one. Ashley wants a kitten, but I'm allergic to most cats. I like them, but can't really be around them. Be sure to post a picture.

Kempy: Hope everything is going well with you.

Cherie: Hope you are feeling better. Hopefully we can chat again soon.

Julie: Are you still getting snow? We're supposed to get rain the next couple of days. Last week we were pushing 90 and now we are lucky to break 70. It has been very sunny though.

Hello to Summer and Dips.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
03-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Girls..... Finally I don't have a fever, I am still feeling pretty bad... but I am starting to get better. I went to the doctor yesterday morning, and the good news was I didn't have strep... bad news I had/have the flu. I haven't been this ill in 13 years. This week has really sucked. But I am hoping by Monday, I can be back on the treadmill, and feeling better again.

Anyway... I am at work, just not sure for how long.... people are dropping like flies here... the lady that works next to me has been sick for the past two days, my manager is getting a bad sore throat, our admin assistant just went home. I will probably be going home soon... just to get some more rest.

Anyway..... I just wanted to check in. I'm not dead.... but I am glad the worst is over.

Talk soon,

cherie

jbbm
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Cherie I am so sorry you got the flu, it is the worst isn't it? I had influenza several years ago and it was terrible and my kiddos had the flu in Feb. I hope your little girls don't get it. That would be the pits. Do you have them this weekend or are they going with Dad so you can rest? Anyway I hope you do get better soon.

Hi Cal, yup we are still getting snow :lol:, first day of Spring on Sunday and we are suppose to get to get 5-10 inches today and into tomorrow. Glad you like your cabinets.

Noelle I hope you are enjoying your new kitten. I bet Michael loves it. I know my kids will probally be asking for a pet in couple of years :lol:.

Angie I didn't know you don't like fast food hamburgers. I have been making dh go through the drive in at McD's for happy meals. Other wise I would be ordering a Big Mac.

Hi Kempy, Summer and Dips. Everyone have a great day. Be back later!!

jbbm
03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh Angie I wanted to ask you how did the thing with the Chamber of Congress go and the newspaper? Did they put your pic in the paper? I think that is so neat. What gift did they present you with? Okay I will shut up and stop asking questions :lol: :^:!! Btw I didn't remember your house was still on the market. Good luck with the showing. That would be nice to cut the commute down. Bye for now....

angieME
03-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone. I have been so busy cleaning today. I am trying to get all the nooks and crannies that they may look at.

Cherie, You poor girl. I hope you get back to yourself real soon. If I lived closer I would come over and help out for ya.

Cal, I love to organize things. I bet it looks great. Enjoy the next week off.

Kempy, How are you doing this week?

Noelle, a new kitten. Your so lucky. I want a new kitten too but I cant get one since we will be gone so much. My MIL kittens are too cute. She has 2 bobtail ones and they love me and Jay so much when we go there. One has Spinabifida(sp) I know that isnt the right way to spell it. She hops like a bunny.

Julie, well, the guy gave us a 10 pound bag of flour and the newspaper guys made us take so many pictures. They tried to get Jay to go into the kitchen and dump flour all over himself for a "working pic" :lol: :rofl: They were pretty funny. I can not believe I am going to have to look at that now. I am dead serious when I say I am FAT now. There is no hiding it. I look so much bigger than even the birthday pics this summer. The paper is weekly so I will post a link to it when it comes out. They are going to do it again when we open to get shots with the showcase loaded too. FUN FUN

The coofee guy came after the photo thing and he brought so much free stuff. I have tons of coffee signage. He is bringing in a 4 foot sign for the window later. He brought me these gift boxes that he makes and sells on the internet to give away as door prizes or raffles or whatever. They are nice. They sell for 16.95 each so I may try to get some to sell as food items later. They have coffee, tea,hot cocoa,biscotti and Ghiradelli chocolate in them. I think his websight is www.tasteofgoodmornings.com

I will post how the house viewing went tomorrow. I hope they buy it. I love my house but I am ready to move on as well. who knows I could always order the same house for up there. :lol:

jbbm
03-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Angie, that is so funny about the working pic. I can't wait to see them. Ten bag pound of flour, I thought it was going to be like a little something to hang on your wall. But I am sure you will get lots of use and the flour will be gone before ya know it. My mom is doing the same thing. Clean and more cleaning for open houses. It is stressful. Because people look at everything!!
I went to that website and those gift boxes would be great for your hutches. I could use a hot cup of something to warm up right now. They increased the amount of snow we are suppose to get, by tomorrow night could be 12 inches :(. Oh well I will look at it as being beautiful and hoping it is the last snowstorm :).
Well I have been pretty much OP all week except last weekend and on Monday. I have to tell you about this cake I made for dh on his bd, I got the recipe of FOODTV, Paula Dean's Elvis's Gooey Peanut Butter Cake. Lets just say it was like heaven. It is great for a special occasion because of all that fat and calories but you girls should look it up and try it sometime. Okay I should not be telling you guys to eat cake :lol: but it was so darn good.
Check back later sweethearts.

calnative
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had to pull us up from page 2.
It's so quiet here. I truly was hoping someone was online because I need a shoulder or two to cry on. Not having a good day today. Had to take an anxiety pill to feel better. It did work, some.
Won't be too negative. Last week I went to visit some of the teachers I worked with last year; it was great to see them. Several said I look like I've lost weight. It made me feel great. Also, last night hubby said the same. I guess if he's noticed, then I must have lost some. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see.
Ashley spent last night with her best friend; now she's depressed because she missed her friend, Madi. Unfortunately, Madi moved about 7 miles away and they don't see each other as much as they'd like. They went together to see the movie "Ice Princess". She said she loved it.

Hope to see some posts.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
03-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone.... I am feeling soooo much better. I still have a hacking cough that is hanging on, but I am back! I feel like I've lost a week of my life..... everyone in my office got this stuff.. and I gave it to Alan. He is currently sick with it.. not as bad as I was, since I started giving him my medicine the doctor gave me... but still bad enough.

(((Cal))) I hope you are feeling better today. Sorry you had such a rough weekend.

Angie... congrats on the article! I can't wait to read it!

Julie, I hope the snow stops for you soon... It's finally SPRING! :-) we are having some springtime thundershowers, but the trees and flowers are starting to bloom. It was a beautiful weekend, however, we didn't get out because of the flu thing.

Kempy and Noelle.. how was your weekend?

OK.. well, I am back at work. I've got payroll to run this week, so I need to get busy getting caught up. Tonight, I am back on the treadmill... even if it is just for 20 minutes. I did lose weight last week... now it's time to work to keep it off! :D

Talk to you all later!

Cherie

jbbm
03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Girls

Whats up today everyone?

Cherie glad you are feeling better. I hope Alan gets well soon. I sure hope the girls don't get it!! How is staying OP going? I am doing pretty well. I would love to lose ten pounds by my yearly exam in May. I think 20 minutes on the treadmill would be great. I have not been doing so well with excercise. I worked my you know what off last week and only lost one pound. Except for last Monday when I pigged out on cake, but after that I was strictly OP. Oh well I will take a loss rather than a gain. Btw I am jealous I want to see trees bloom and flowers!! J/K

Oh Cal, hugs honey my heart goes out to you. I know anxiety is a terrible thing to go through. Take it day by day. You always can PM me if you want. I have been there and it is tough thing to go through. And be proud of you for the weight loss. It feels great when someone notices and tells you. I am glad Ashley enjoyed the movie with her girlfriend.

Angie how was the open house? I hope you had a nice and not to crazy of a weekend. I hope the storm we had is not heading your way. It is going to be in the upper thirties so I excpect some melting going on. Haha.

Noelle missed you this weekend. I check in on and off. But didn't post to much. I hope you are having a sunny day :).

Kempy how was your weekend? Miss you too babe.

Well I should get off of here and make and effort to get some kind of cardio in. Anyone have any special plans for Easter? We may stay home, go to mom's, mil's, my dad's, I don't know, I can't be everywhere and then the guilt sets in. Oh well I might have to spread it out. The best part is seeing my kids find their baskets and being thankful. Btw our girl scout cookies came. I threw a couple of boxes in the freezer. I just love those things. Well off of here for now. I was up to late last night, after midnight, kind of nauseated and had dh go and get me a diet lemon lime soda. It helped. I don't think I ate enough yesterday and it caught up with me at the end of the day.

angieME
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Good afternoon girlies!!! It has been sunny and beautiful here for the last few days. So much snow has melted already. It is supposed to hit 50 by the weekend. :cheer: YEAH!!!

Cherie, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry Alan had to catch it though. Poor guy.

Cal, You can tell us anything. You would never be bothering us. We will try as best we can to make you feel better so vent away. {{{hugs}}}

Julie, Nope the snow is supposed to stay to the south of Maine. :cheer: YEAH!!! I cant handle another snowstorm right now. Mickey and Rebel have learned how to walk off the deck so we will look and they are out front. Now we have to lock them into the field. Bad dogs!!! :lol:

Well, The people came to look at the house. They said I have great decorating talant. They stayed for over an hour checking everything out. My realtor said their realtor called him and said they love the house and I can probably expect them to write up an offer by the end of the week. There is another couple interested he said too and they may come look at it on Friday. This is sad but I went to the manufactured housing dealer where we bought this and talked to the guy. I already have two picked out that I would get if this one sells. One is huge, it has the 2 livingrooms and one is a stepdown. I love them like that. So hopefully I can go pick out a nice piece of land and set up a brand new house again.

I made the carrot cake for the bakery yesterday. (it has to stay frozen to cut it so I made it now) It was so GOOD!!! No wonder I am so big, I just keep baking. :lol:

We bought a bunch of vintage postcards from ebay of Greenville and got them blown up and matted and framed to hang up in the bakery. They will look nice when they are up.

Well, I should really get some work done

melekalikimaka
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey girls, I had a busy weekend with b-day parties and car shopping :cb:. I turned in my little red wagon for a slightly used silver '04 Nissan Murano :cool: . We went to the Saturn lot to look at the VUE (their little version of an SUV), and while it is very cute, the fully loaded new model would cost more than this used Nissan. It could not compete with the Murano in their used car lot. The Murano had less than 4K miles on it, full warranty, loaded with all kinds of bells and whistles that I have yet to learn how to use and it has black leather interior. We got it for well under the blue book value, but the part that endeared me the most about it? I think it suits me--short, stubby and with a big, round rear end :rofl: Here's a pic (not mine, but just a stock photo)

melekalikimaka
03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Angie, hope you get a great offer from the prospective buyers. That would be neat to be able to get a new home and just redecorate it how you want. I love warm carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting...:hun: Enjoy the warmer temps!

Cherie, hey girl, welcome back to the land of the living :) I hate having that hacking cough. I'm finally starting to get rid of mine--after almost 3 weeks! I just switched from Dayquil to Claritin, dries up the sinus so no post-nasal drip to make you cough. Good stuff! Hope Alan is feeling better soon as well.

Cal, :grouphug: sorry you were having a rough weekend :( I'm with Angie, anything you want to vent about, go ahead, we're all friends here. I'm sure you lost a bunch of weight if your friends and hubby noticed, how's the pants-o-meter feeling? :)

Kempy, having a busy day today?

Julie, I was lurking around only briefly during the weekend, mostly using the 'puter to do car research :rolleyes:. I missed you guys too. Don't feel too pulled in all directions for Easter, just enjoy it for what it is with the kids, a welcome to spring and the season for renewal. Darn! Now I'm dreaming about that nice honey-glazed spiral ham for Easter :ink:

Well, I've got to go and wrangle up some financial docs to get this loan finalized. Be back later. Have a good one ladies. :wave:

jbbm
03-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey Noelle, love that cute car. I think it is very sporty looking. Leather interior, you go girl. You are to funny about how it fits you :lol:! Your a beautiful girl!!

Angie I love carrot cake especially with cream cheese frosting. I have not had one in ages. Those houses sound really nice. I hope you can find a nice piece of land. Wow girl you have so much going on right now. But all positive and exciting!! Fifty by the weekend?? You must have spring fever big time, I should say it is spring but I have the fever :lol:....it will come.

Well girls hello to everyone....I think I am going to try and get to bed earlier tonight. I had some of my favorite suppers tonight....chili of course,lol. We eat it twice a week I swear. Still need that hot soup to warm up. Summer will be here soon and I am sure we will be grilling out more and that means healthier, like chicken fajitias. Okay talk to you later. Have a great night everyone.

calnative
03-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Thank you so much for all the words of comfort. I am feeling much better today. I went to the doctor today for a follow up on my blood sugar. It was down like it should be so the doc isn't worried anymore about diabetes. My bp was up alittle, but I have a bad cold so that's probably the reason. The doc told me I am down 5 lbs. I really can't tell where (although my sister said I lost it between the ears. :lol: ; I may have to slap her around a bit :lol: ).
I am down only 1 pant size (from a 24 to a 22), but I am very toned so even a couple of pounds lost is very noticable. I guess all those years in high school and college playing tennis and running track have paid off. :D

My sis in TX called about an hour ago and said they had a tornado. She said the siren went off for over 45 minutes; they had to go to the bathroom because they don't have a storm cellar or basement. She said the sky was really nasty. They are now under a watch until 1am her time. Cherie, I hope the weather isn't too nasty for you.

We've just about got the garage organizing done. Once we organize the closet in the office, I will be able to rest for the remaining time I have off. I am looking forward to going back to school. I look at it this way...the sooner we go back, the sooner summer vacation will be here. :lol:

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Its a misty morning..... nice spring shower I guess. I stepped on the scale this morning... (I have been trying to just weigh on Fridays) and since the first of March, I am down 9 pounds. That made me pretty happy. I know a good chunk of that was lost while I was sick and not eating last week, but I'll still take it and keep working on it.

Angie... you are so busy! Wow... I didn't realize what all was going on in your life! It sounds so exciting! :D And carrot cake? Hmmmmm YUM.

Noelle.. AWESOME CAR! You will have so much fun... I have seen those and they look great! Congrats!

Cal... we had some storms yesterday, but nothing major. It is that time again... tornado season. My daugthers are fixated that April in Tornado Month and that we WILL have a tornado then. I keep trying to tell them you never know.... but that I will be there to take care of them. Down here you get so much exposure to tornado information on the TV and everywhere you go that it's hard to keep it away from the kiddos.

Julie... the chili sounds great.... I still have a tupperware bowl of chili that I made a week ago this past Sunday. I was wondering last night if it was still good...... I may have some tonight.

OK... time to get busy here at work. Hope you all have a great day.... Mine should be fine, between my ~hack~ ~hack~ coughing :D Oh, I did get on the treadmill last night and do two miles... so it was easier than expected. Tonight, I'll try to do a little more.... before the Amazing Race comes on. Back to work!

Cherie

jbbm
03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

Cherie, NINE POUNDS!! I wish I could lose my ten I want to be at. But I have busting my butt since March 15th. I am not going to step on the scale for a week or two. I hate getting on it and then getting discouraged. SO I am going to continue with on program eating and trying to get my excercise in. Yesterday I got at least 20 minutes of cardio. I think the chili still may be good, heck with all those spices I think it will kill anything bad in it :lol:. It seems like you and I are real Chili Lovers. I can't go a week without it.

Cal good for you being down five pounds. Thats great. And I am glad you do not have diabetes. What a relief. Your sister sounds funny, between the ears, never heard that one before :lol:.

Noelle AI tonight. Are you going to watch? I watch now only for Bo. He just seems like he would be a good friend and very "real person".

Kempy how the heck are you honey? Miss ya.

Well I should go. Kids are fed their lunches and ds is now home from school. So I had a healthy lunch and now it is going to be trying to work in some excercise between kiddo errands. I am going to try like **** to stay on this track I am on now to see if it helps my pms in the futrure. Well check in later. Angie btw ever since you mentioned that carrot cake I am having a big time craving for it!! Whats for dinner everyone? I might have low carb wraps tonight or low carb enchildas. Not sure yet. Hi everybody!!!!

PhotogirlTX
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Julie... you are doing a great job.. just keep it up and you will see results. I have lost 9 pounds since the first of the month, however, remember, last week I was sick, and lost 4.5 pounds that week. I am going to try to keep them off... but I am aware that it could just be sick weight, and that it will come back. I tried last week to keep drinking my water if nothing else, because I didn't want to get dehydrated and lose water weight.. so we will see! I think what is really helping me this go around is my calorie counting. Before I would eat was I thought was healthy.... but now I realize I was over eating even then... so this month, I've been sticking to the 1300 calorie a day diet, and it seems to be working great. I'll let you know what my official weigh in is this Friday. I would love to be down one more pound and hit my first goal of 10 pounds.

Where is everyone today?

I just won an auction off ebay for a PS2 game and the dance pads that go with it. Its the Dance Dance Revolution game. I figured this would be a fun way to get some exercise in and I can do it with my daughter, Hannah, who needs to slim down some too... I don't want her to be overweight her whole life, so hopefully this will help. She didn't used to have a problem until she went to live with her Dad for a year.... about two years ago.. he didn't cook, and all they ever ate was fast food... and she gain a huge stomach. I've been working slowly on it ever since.. but she is too much like me and loves her sweet candy and chocolate... and not so healthy food. Anyway... I can't wait for this to come in so she and I can do something fun together that involves exercise. Once it gets warmer, we will be going to swim and ride bikes.. so I plan on her getting plenty of exercise this summer.

OK.. back to work now!

Cherie

jbbm
03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi girls

Miss ya all. I know everyone is so busy right now though.
Just got done with dinner, had bean enchiladas with low carb wraps and a little bit of cheese. No tortilla chips on the side for me, YEAH!! Kiddos had fish sticks and fries and I didn't even finish their leftovers which I always do!! I wanted to pop in and say Hello before American Idol starts. Try not going to snack tonight, just H2O.

Cherie I think that is great you are teaching your dd to be healthy at a young age. That game sounds like alot of fun and I am sure she will enjoy it. I love to dance too. I love sweets and chocolate too. Carb addict!! But I am not going to deprive myself on birthdays or holidays. Just have to watch my portion control ;). That is really good you drank alot of water while you were sick. I hope I see some results this weekend. I know when I am eating I am like what am I doing? I could out eat my husband any day of the week :lol:. He always asks me how I can eat so much!!

Well going to get going. Have a great night everyone.

PhotogirlTX
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Good Morning everyone... I feel great today... I think my cough is almost gone! :-) Yeah!

I did three miles last night on the treadmill.... felt good... but I really need to work on my time... and distance and get to where I am back up to 1 hour on it. I had my chili last night and felt like I ate too much... and I stepped on the scale this morning and was up a pound and a half. Not sure how that happened, but I know the chili had lots of salt and it seems I always retain water when I eat that. Thankfully the chili is gone, and I am back to my normal diet!

Angie.. did you watch the amazing race last night? Can I just say I am sooooo sick of the boyfriends... and their obsession with hating Rob and Amber. Every other word out of their mouth is something against the wonder twins :-) Oh well....

OK.. back to work here.... hope everyone is doing great this morning!

Cherie

jbbm
03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie, I have the same problem when I eat a salty meal. I hold the water for a couple of days?? Drink, drink, drink and drink some more :D. You must be so busy when you get home from work with the girls, what are you making tonight for your supper? I can only eat so much salad. I just get so sick of it. I like to have a hot meal at dinner time....I guess I am not a salad kind of girl, maybe it is just the weather yet?? Great job on the treadmill, I feel your motivation and it is rubbing off on me. Thank you :)!! Still not excercising as much as you but I did a good twenty minutes of cardio yesterday. I am hoping to do more today.

Well I have not had anything to eat yet and I suppose I should go find something. Hi everyone out there. Come out and post if you have the time. Hugs

PhotogirlTX
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
I've got my water right here drinking it.. as usual.... :-) tonight, I am not sure what I will have. Since I don't have a hubby to cook for, I can get away with having something different from the girls. I think I will let Hannah make pb&j sandwiches for her and Megan tonight, and have some applesauce with it.. and I might just bake a sweet potato. I love food so much, but it's getting easier not to binge on anything. I am going to shoot for 3.5 miles tonight, right after I get home, then I will eat. That helps me not be quite so hungry. Right now, I am starving! :D but still an hour to wait til lunch... so time to drink drink drink some more.

Anyway... back to work. I am so not motivated today.... :-)

Cherie

Kempyd
03-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey guys. Just popping in to let you know that I am still alive. I don't know if you guys remember but when sprind hits I am usually really busy. I know, not a good enough excuse for not being here. I have so much to do in the yard that I have to take advantage of the great days that we are having. I can't stay on I have to hop in the shower I have a client at 4 for 2 hours tonight.

I am still thinking about you guys and I will jump on when I have more time.

angieME
03-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey guys!!! I PASSED INSPECTION!!!!! :cheer: He said after he was done that "I have got to tell you, you guys did a great job of setting up shop. I cant find one single thing that would need to be fixed or changed" That is good news because I think he was looking hard for something to fix. :lol: :lol: He is the same inspector that shut BIL down for not bothering to relicense last summer so I was expecting him to be mean but he was great.

We came home and started work and got a call from the code enforcement officer(the same guy we went to see BEFORE we decided to rent the space to make sure there was no special rules. He said we have to file an application for a sign and for use of the front space? Whatever it is, I dont know but that would have been something to have told us about oh say 2 months ago wouldnt it? So tomorrow we have to go do that but we can still open on Monday.

I found a huge house for sale up there that is only $150,000.00. It is a bank repo it has 4 bedrooms on the second floor with 2 more on the third floor and a 2 bedroom apartment in the garage with a deck on 1/2 acre. I am sure it is worth double that. The only catch is this..... it used to be a funeral home!!!! eeewwww...creepy!! I can guarantee that no kid would sleep in it. :lol: :lol: It is really nice though.

angieME
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
http://dailcrommett.com/search/property.asp?propnum=206 Here is the link to the house if you are interested

PhotogirlTX
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Nice looking house Angie!!! :-) But you are right... I probably couldn't sleep in it either!

Well, I just finished 3.5 miles on the treadmill..... getting better! :-) Now it's time to go feed the girls and figure out what I want.. and get ready for Survivor!

Have a great night!

Cherie

Oh.. and Congrats on opening on Monday! That is awesome!!!!!! I bet you are so excited!!!!

melekalikimaka
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey girls. I'm here :wave: I tried to post early this morning but I ran out of time. We finalized the loan docs on the car so we're all set. Now I have to cancel my personal auto insurance and re-enroll thru the company. It's about time we start making this company pay for something to our personal benefit! So now I don't have a monthly car or insurance payment--company pays it all. Cool beans, eh? I am so swamped in paperwork I am bringing in my 12 y.o. niece to help me do some filing while she is on spring break. That should alleviate some of the chaos in my office. I do have to pay her but I haven't set up an amount yet...hmmm, what is the going rate for a 12 y.o.? :sssh: don't tell the dept. of labor on me ok? :lol:

Angie, that is a huge house! You could just open a B&B like the ad says. Sheesh though, funeral home? :eek: I just thought about that show I saw the other week, A Haunting In Georgia? There was another show A Haunting in Connecticut which the family lived in a former funeral home where the embalming room was still intact--yikes! That is so GREAT that you are opening on Monday. Good luck girl! I know you and Jay will be really successful there.

Cherie, congrats on your loss, that is great! Sounds like you did all the right things by staying hydrated while you were sick, those pounds will mostly likely stay away. And I agree w/Julie, you are a great mom looking out for Hannah now. it's not easy growing up and being the 'fat kid' , I know, I've been there (in fact, I'm still there :lol: ). They have these very funny recaps written up of shows (like Amazing Race) on www.televisionwithoutpity.com --check it out if you can, or even the forums where they talk about the contestants. It's a hoot!

:wave: Hi Kempy! Enjoy the good weather :lucky:

Julie, AI was great wasn't it? I again liked that Mikalah sucked :lol: I really hope she's out of there. It looks as if everyone finally got some professional help--hair, makeup and vocal coaching. But the stylists have got to stay away from Bo with that flat iron! :mad: Really, is Paula drunk? Did you hear about a week ago, her SUV clipped someone in LA and just drove off. THey didn't say if she was driving it, just that the vehicle belonged to her. Judging by the way she's been looking, I say she's 'on' something alright. She could barely keep off Simon, it was hilarious to watch.

Cal, :bravo: on your loss too! 5 lbs is great. I bet the 'between the ears' comment came from Bert? Sisters, you gotta love 'em :lol:

Well, I'm on the run once again. Wish me some extra concentration so I can get all of this cr@p done by the end of the day.

jbbm
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Good Evening Girls

Angie that house is really neat with lots of character. I bet it is nice inside. A former funeral home?? I think we need to be scared of the living and not the dead :lol:. Good luck. And I just can't wait to hear about how Monday went. I am so excited. I wish we lived closer, I would bring the kids and we would eat all of your goodies and spend alot on donuts!! Congrats on passing inspection. Good job Jay and Angie!!

Noelle congrats about the car. You deserve it. You work you @ss off during at your job and deserve something nice. Good for you!! I thought AI was great also. I am going to re-watch it tonight. Because of the screw up in phone numbers for the votes. I to think Paula is on something. Haha....maybe she has to be sitting between those two :lol:. But you know me I love seeing her and Simon showing love. I want them together!! I did hear that about her hit and run. Something else....you know didn't some other stars do that too, like Halle Berry and another actress, can't think of her name. Maybe they feel they can just pay people off because they are so darn rich :p.

Kempy glad to see you popped in.

Cherie once again great job on that treadmill!! It is a great tv night. I am such a tv buff. Maybe I should work some excercise in while watching it.

Well hello everyone else. Tonight for dinner I made homemade chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and carrots. I am worn out from making a big meal :lol:. I probally had to many carbs but didn't over do it to much, I hope. I am just going to not snack tonight. I guess I needed some comfort food. Well a couple more minutes to show time.
Bye for now.

PhotogirlTX
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Julie.... all I can say is YUM... your dinner sounds great.... I wish I had some of that this morning. Chicken and Dumplings are one of my favorites!!!

I have payroll running today, so I need to get busy. I've been procrastinating all week. What's new? :D

Tonight I am going to aim for 4 miles on the treadmill. Then I will proably die and go to bed early. No survivor on tonight... so there isn't anything I really want to watch on TV.

OK... back to work here... have a great Thursday!

Cherie

calnative
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here.

Noelle: You do remember my sis, Bert, alright. She was the one who made the comment. Congrats on your new car. You deserve it. I did get the cards you sent. Thank you. I tried to find one here with Arizona on it, but they only have the new Spring ones; I think Hawaii is the only state with its own card.

Angie: I'm so excited about your shop opening on Monday. Congrats. I know you still have a lot to do, but how exciting!!!

Julie: Your meals always sound so good. I find it difficult sometimes to make meals like that all the time. When I get home from school, I'm so exhausted that the last thing I want to think about is cooking dinner. During breaks I do fix a lot of really good meals; of course, during summer it is hard because it is so hot.

Kempy: Have a great day. It's great that the weather is working for you so you can work in your yard. We are still putting our yard together. It finally stopped raining so now we can till the yard and put down some sod. I'm hoping to have more grass out back within the next 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, when we do lay down sod, we have to tie up the dog because he digs it up; last time he had the 3 of the strips completely folded in half.

Cherie: What an inspiration you are to us. Keep up the good work.

Today I am resting some more. I may take Ashley to the zoo, we'll see. The weather will be perfect today--the temp will be about 71.

Have a great day everyone.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
03-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, the Lemon Meringue Yoplait Whips is awesome! Tastes just like the filling to a lemon Meringue pie. :-) Just thought I would share... I am trying to have some yogurt everyday to help with the internal yeast problem (and it seems to be working) and the Whips brand are so yummy!

Just thought I would share.... I've been trying the new whole grain Lean Cuisine meals too, and they are pretty good. They taste healthier, and give more veggies so I've been pretty impressed.

OK.. but to work! :-)

Cherie

angieME
03-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey girls!! Well, call me wierd but I made an appointment to go look at the huge Colonial house(funeral Home) on Saturday. For that price I really cant NOT look at it can I? I will make the kids come too because they may just fall in love with it too. There is a deck on the second floor which is the main living space and I bet you can see the lake from there plus I could rent the 2 bedroom apartment in the garage out and make the house payment. Plus it is a repo so they are taking offers so I can get it for less that they are asking. We went and peaked through the windows today and it looks like it would have some nice woodwork in it. It has a tarred driveway and it is all landscaped. Now if only someone would buy my house!!! I havent heard from the people who liked it so I dont know if they want it or not. I guess they are trying to sell their house too so we will see.

I got my coffee and milk delivered today and the delivery guy recognized me. I graduated high school with him. That was weird. :lol: I felt pretty silly but the minute he said he went to school with me it clicked who he was. haha

My commercial freezer I bought has problems. We bought it from a guy who works for a refrigeration company well the dufus put the wrong size compressor in it so it wont freeze but after a $200.00 service call from an actual professional we have a GREAT fridge!!! :lol: Now I am just going to go to Sears and buy a damn freezer that I know will work. haha

I am eating so bad girls. I dont even want to admit how big I am now. Lets just say that I have put it all back on as fast as I lost it with interest. I am going to take my yogurt and fruit up with me next week and try to get back into the habit of eating that for breakfast. I am hoping that I am so busy that I dont think about junk and eat it.

Oh yeah, one of my coffee flavors is Cinnamon Sticky bun and I brewed a pot of it to try today. I am not a coffee drinker but I thought it tasted good.

jbbm
03-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi girls

Angie that name of that coffee sounds so good. My husband would go crazy over that flavor. He just loves his coffee. I could use a cup to warm up. With some nice warm milk in it. Yum. I am so proud of you for starting to plan to eat breakfast next week. They say it revs up your metab. and keeps you fuller all day long. Don't be ashamed of yourself, we love you no matter what my dear. I am sorry you are having problems with your freezer. What a bummer. I am sure you will find a nice one at sears. You know what....I don't think I would be freaked out about that house even though it was a funeral home. I bet the wood work is beautiful. Like I said be afraid of the living not the dead :lol:. I hope the kiddos like it.

Cherie that yogurt sounds delish. I might start eating yogurt again. I notice when I don't get enough calcium, my nails just do not grow at all. I hope you have speedy day at work. Are you off tomorrow or a half day for Good Friday?

Cal have fun at the zoo if you go. You know when I worked full time and wouldn't get home until after six sometimes cooking supper when I came home was a total pain in the butt. So I started using my crockpot, from everything to chili, roasts, chicken recipes, pork roasts, and tons of different stews. I tell ya, there was nothing better than walking in the house from a super stressful day at work and smelling a home cooked meal :). Just a suggestion.

How is my busy Noelle doing? Are you out driving your new baby? I watched AI re-run last night. Could you believe the way that Mikalah acted? Ugh, if she does not go next, I will be so upset!! What a t-shirt she was wearing, ugh? Have a great day.

Hi Kempy, Summer, Dips and everyone else. I am going to try and excercise. I did not get any in yet. Bad me!! I will watch the news and follow up on the Terri Schiavo case. It is just so darn sad. If that was my daughter I would just be falling apart. Sorry to get political on you all because I don't know how anyone else feels ;). I think we are going to have burgers tonight. I will try and be good and have no chips or fries on the side!! Bye for now.

jbbm
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Cherie forgot to say four miles!!!! Wow you are doing wonderful. I am glad you are eating healthy to keep up with yourself :).

jbbm
03-24-2005, 03:41 PM
One more thing and then I will stop babbling....Kempy we are almost out of that seasoning?? Are we eating to much of it :lol:?? I am glad our grocer carries it. Have a great day and hope to catch up with you soon :).

jbbm
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh girls oh girls....my dad stopped by to see me and the kids and he is one of the best bakers in the world (along with Angie and my dh :lol: ) he brought over a homemade almond cheesecake with strawberry topping and homemade chocolate chunk cookies, UGHHHH!!!! I have not given in and had anything though. I froze the cheesecake. I just talked to him on the phone and he asked if I had tried it yet, and I said no and he is like have a piece, NO WAY it is 8:00, haha....I know he means well. Well off to watch AI....
Fingers crossed Noelle about Mikalah!! Bye for now Ladies.

PhotogirlTX
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
YUM Julie.... that sounds great!!!!!! I'll take it. :D

I did my four miles.... I feel good about that.... but then I had dinner.... and I know I didn't eat that much, but it feels like it's sitting at the bottom of my stomach not going anywhere. Ick.... it was the Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco with black beans. The girls love it and will eat their whole bowl.... right now, it just feels like the chili... heavy. :(

OK... time to watch some basketball, or time to go to bed ... haven't decided!

Everyone, have a great Good Friday tomorrow. I'll be working.... but I do have Easter Monday off. Night everyone!

Cherie

jbbm
03-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Good Night Cherie, I wish I could run the desserts over and get them out of here, dh wanted some but I said not for me!! I know what you mean about food and it just sitting there. I have constant indegestion, even if I eat healthy?? Bring on some TUM's. You should feel good about the treadmill work. Great job. I wish I could excercise that much. I could but just don't :lol:, I am working on it though. Twenty minutes here and there, it all counts and adds up!! Good Night Everyone. TGIF

PhotogirlTX
03-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Good Friday Everyone! I'm here at work. Hopefully it won't be too bad of a working day.

I went to bed last night instead of watching basketball. Good thing too... the last Oklahoma team lost in the final minute of the game. Oh well....

Well, I weight exactly the same as I did last Friday. I guess my body used this week to catch up from last week of being sick. I'm not going to let it get me down, however, instead of the 9 pounds I thought I lost, I am only at 8. This afternoon... I'll be doing 4 more miles on the treadmill.

Well.. back to work here... payroll comes in today and I need to check it. Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
03-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Good Afternoon! I'm still at work... but on have two more hours to go.. then I am off to the grocery store for some last minute weekend things... Tonight is my splurge night, I'm making nachos. I guess I can't really say it's splurge, I am still staying within my calorie limit, but it just taste so good, so... it's my splurge! I decided that I would make some sort of dinner on Sunday for the girls and I. I have pork chops in the freezer.. and I figured I would make me some potato salad and the girls some candied sweet potatoes and we would all be happy!

I hope everyone is having a great day... I am so ready for my weekend.... I think I am going to stop and rent a few movies too... I want to see the newest Bridget Jone's... and I may break down and get Passion of Christ movie too, since it is Easter. We are supposed to have rain all weekend, but hopefully, there will be some nice times to get out with the girls.

OK.. talk to everyone later..... Have a great afternoon!

Cherie

jbbm
03-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

Cherie your Easter dinner sounds nice. I love sweet potatoes, and your splurge dinner tonight sounds wonderful. I can almost taste them. I hope it does not rain all weekend for you and the girls. Have a great rest of the day.

Well I will check back later on. So far today I have been OP. Dh wants salmon for dinner. I don't know if I really feel like it. Oh well its healthier than fish sticks....

jbbm
03-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Btw forgot to mention, Noelle I bet you are just so happy Mikalah is GONE.
How is you little niece working out? Is she your little secretary? I forgot to say I would pay her with a movie gift certificate and a big chocolate bunny....I guess I don't know what twelve years want :lol:.
Hope everyone is doing well.

angieME
03-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Happy Easter!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine has been nonstop. I got to the bakery bright and early this morning aND COOKED UNTIL 4:30 THIS AFTERNOON. nOW WE HAVE TO COOK ALL THE DONUTS SO IT WILL BE A LONG NIGHT. i JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE i SAID HI TO EVERYONE SINCE i WILL BE SO BUSY FROM NOW ON.

lUV YA ALL!!!

angieME
03-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Ps: we went to the funeral home yesterday to look at it. It was so nice. I could see it all fixed up. It had built ins in all the bedrooms and a winding staircase. It had the original french doors to every single room with glass panes in them all. I saw the rooms he did his work from but I think it was actually a wrap around porch that they closed in. I bet the original porch is behind the paneling. I would love to find out. The guy actually just picked up and left the realtor said. When the bank forclosed on it she went into change everything over and he had left urns with peoples remains in them at the house. She hasnt heard from anyone looking for them either.

melekalikimaka
03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Happy Easter everyone :grouphug: Just winding down from an awesome get together. I ate a little too much chocolate easter treats but drank loads of water too. Rick made the most delicious lemon-grass marinade pork chops on the grill :hun: and we had angel food cake w/fresh strawberries and whip cream (cool whip lite). I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but I'm having my niece come in with me so that'll take a load off. She couldn't come in last week as she was on the tail-end of a cold, one that seems to have been passed around in my house :(

Angie, congratulations and good luck on your grand opening tomorrow!!! I'm so happy, excited and proud of y'all. I know you guys'll do great. That house sounds so spacious and I can imagine the possibilities of it all. So what is the realtor doing w/the ashes? It's kinda strange that no one is coming forward to claim them, I mean, if they bothered to have them cremated at all...

Julie, you know I didn't actually get to watch that episode of AI when Mickles got booted, but I did see the recaps. Now I can take the earplugs out :lol: I don't know who I'm rooting for anymore, the contest seems kind of lopsided at times. Did you guys make an easter egg hunt for the kiddos?

Well, got lots of cleaning up to do still, just wanted to wish everyone a blessed easter and good night.

jbbm
03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi Girls

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Noelle Rick sounds like a gourmet cook. I am glad your niece is going to be helping you out this week. I bet you guys are always so busy after a holiday.
Yup the kiddos had an Easter egg hunt at one of their Grandmas. They got tons of chocolate. I can't wait to get rid of it. Dh is taking some to work.
They even got brownies and cupcakes!! So much chocolate!!

Angie I am so excited to hear about your first day today. I hope everything is going to go smoothly today and you get some customers. Good luck girl!!
That house sounds like it has alot of old world charm. I can't believe someone would not claim their loved ones ashes??

Cherie did you have a nice dinner with your girls yesterday? I was bummed I didn't get my candied sweet potates this year, haha. I made up for it though eating other things. Had some chocolate and mom made a bunny cake with coconut. But it is back to the grind today.

Well girls I will check back later. Hi everyone else. Have a good one.

jbbm
03-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Cherie btw, I had a chance to check out that Calorieking site. It is a really neat one. I would like to look at it a little more today if I have some time. Thanks for mentioning it, I forgot about it.

Ginact
03-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi!

I was wondering if I could join you girls. You sound like a bunch of great girls. My name is Gina. I live near the ocean in Connecticut. I have 4 children, ages 2 through 10. I am a very busy mom. Work part-time at a law office and sometimes on the weekends I help out my brother with his restaurant -- espcecially in the summer months when the tourists arrive. I need to loose about 20 pounds and have just jointed Weight Watchers. Hopefully, I can stick to the program.

I hope you don't mind my "barging" in on your group, but just need some support and thought you guys might be great to "hang out" with.

melekalikimaka
03-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Happy Monday girls. I've got my niece filing away all my A/P stuff. Once she's done with that she'll start on the A/R (that's where the nightmare begins). I am embarrassed but not too surprised that I haven't filed much of anything since after September 2004 :lol: :eek: :^:. Whenever I'm paying bills and kicking out invoices I make copies and just toss them into a pile. I absolutely detest filing, it's one of the worse things you could ask me to do, ever. I'd rather put laundry away :lol: I'm just pulled in too many directions here, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, making sure the bills are posted and paid...handling delivers, yadda yadda yadda, filing is the last thing on my mind. Luckily I have a very sharp memory so if I can't find the paper they're asking about, I can usually remember something about it and fake it until I can actually excavate it out from under the pile. :lol:

Welcome Gina :wave: You picked a great group of gals to hang out with ;) You sound like a busy woman as well. I've done WW in the past and it works great if you follow it :lol: Are you doing the points or core plan? How are you liking it so far? Sorry if I ask a lot of questions... I like to talk alot :blah: Well, I'm a married mother of 1 son (6 y.o.). My husband is a plumbing contractor and I run the office. We're a small company with just 4 other employees. I used to work in credit for 6 years but left that job for this one. Still not sure if I like it or not but it's a job. Can't wait to hear more about ya.

Julie, Calorieking.com is a great site, a lot more in their database than fitday.com. I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter Sunday. You're lucky that DH can take the goodies to the office and away from you, I'd have no such luck.

Angie, hope your day is going smoothly. Did you guys get approval to hang that neat sign?

Hey Kempy, I know you probably have a lot of customers. Don't work too hard.

Cherie, how'd you enjoy easter w/your girls?

Hey Cal, are you back to old grind yet? How did you the family enjoy Easter?

Well, I gotta get some work done while I have the extra hands helping me. Hello to all I may have missed and have a great Monday.

calnative
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey Girls,

I am back to school today. Not a bad start. Kiddos were moaning and groaning because I gave them homework; I told them, "Welcome back to school!!" :D :devil: I love my job. ;)

Gina: Welcome. :wave: :wave: Noelle is right, these girls are the greatest. They have really been a support for me. I am a married mom of one daughter (age 7). My husband is from Italy so we travel there whenever we can. Travelling is one of my favorite things to do. I am a 7th grade Language Arts (English and Reading) teacher. I live just outside of Phoenix, Arizona where today it got up to near 80 degrees. Summer is coming!! Actually, it just feels nice to have some real Spring weather for a change. Supposed to be up to about 85 by this weekend. Again, welcome and we hope to get to know you better.

Noelle: Glad you got some help with the filing. When your niece finishes there you can send her to me. I also have not filed anything since Sept 2004. :o I hate filing. Like you, I know and remember enough to fake it until I find whatever I need.

Angie: I can't wait to hear how your first day went. I'm so excited for you. I also look forward to seeing your bakery this summer.

Julie: We didn't have much chocolate for Easter; never do because we don't let Ashley have it very often. In fact, she got a chocolate egg which she took 2 bites out of and didn't want it anymore and she got some jelly beans, which she said she doesn't like. We usually give her toys and things like that in place of candy. We did color some Easter eggs though and that was fun.

Kempy: My brother said he wasn't impressed with NO. He said it was dirtier and more congested than San Francisco. He said there were nice spots, but he expected more, I guess. How are things going for you? I hope business is picking up and you are busy, but not too busy. Have you been hit with some of those storms?

Cherie: Hope everything is well with you and your girls. I hope they enjoyed Easter as well.

Hello to Dips (where are you, girl??) and Summer.

Cal

Ginact
03-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Good Morning Girls!

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to your group. I may not get time to join in every day since I work from 10:00 to 2:00 during the week, and most of the time it is fairly busy here. But, my boss is in Florida (his winter retreat), coming back later today, so things will pick up again, especially with him trying to catch up on everything, although his son covered for him.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned, I live on the coastline and am a married mother of 4 children. My husband is a builder/renovator/mason/fisherman/type of guy. Right now he is working on Katherine Hepburn's house in Fenwick, which is a borough of Old Saybrook, where we reside. Fenwick is the uppity, prestigious, monied part. A business man from New York city bought the place for about 7 million and is totally renovating it. The house sits directly on the waterfront, alone from the other mansions in the borough.

Noelle: I am doing the flex plan at WW. I have done WW in the past and I find it to be the best for me. One of the girls at the office does SB, and she loves it. It's WW for me, although, I know what you mean, if you follow it!

We went to Hawaii about 12 years ago for our honeymoon. I love, love Hawaii. So beautiful. We did the tourist thing - Dole Pineapple, Pearl Harbor, went to a Luau (sp?), etc. It was so much fun and sooooo romantic. We went to the Island of Kuai (sp. again?) which was so lush and beautiful. Hopefully, we will go back again some day.

Cal: My parents are from Italy. They travel there quite often. My father is a mason and my mom is a homemaker, babysitter! My husband is Italian, but he was born in the States. I have never been to Arizona, but my sister has, and she absolutely loved it. Your weather is great. We are reaching 55-60 degrees today, which is great for us, considering the cold and snowy winter we just came off of!

I just went to get some water in the fridge here at work, and no water! Oh well, guess I'll have to use the faucet water. Ugh! Trying to drink at least 8 glasses a day, but the only problem with that is constantly going to the bathroom!

Hello to everyone else. Come out and play!!!

Gina

jbbm
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Good Morning

Gina welcome to the group. I think these girls are great. We have all been friends for a long time. Good luck on WW. I am Julie and have two children and a dh. I am about 10 pounds away from where I would like to be. Btw, I would love to go to Italy. Sounds romantic and I love food!!

Cal that is great she doesn't like candy that much. My dd can't get enough. My ds could care less. Back to school!! Don't work to hard.

Noelle how about this, I come to HI and help you out. I could use a vacation and then we could go out at night? Sounds good to me? You wouldn't even have to pay me :lol:. I forgot to ask, did Michael have a good Easter?

Angie I bet you are having fun. In a way I wish dh and I could open a business together. But I don't know what we would do? It would be nice to be together and then sometimes maybe not all the time :lol:.

Cherie are you back to work? How are you feeling and sleeping lately? I watched some of the first episode of the Bachelor last night and it was just terrible, I can't believe how down hill the show seems to be going this season. Yuck. All the guy wants to do is "party"!! Stay a bachelor!!

Well hello everyone else. I am going to get going. Have a great day everyone.

jbbm
03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Kempy how was your Easter? Did you go to your side or Joe's? I hope you are doing well. Miss you hun. Have a good week at work, I bet it is picking up for you with summer on its way.

PhotogirlTX
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Easter... a little late. I took the weekend off and just spent it with the girls.... I rented them the Sponge Bob movie... and I am SOOO ready to take it back! :D Saturday we dyed the eggs, and Sunday I was woken up at 6 AM by some very excited chickies telling me what the Easter Bunny left them. We ended up curling up in bed and watching The Incredibles on my laptop... the movie the EB left. Yesterday, I had the day off and spent it with Alan. I helped him find a dining room set and we shopped for lawn furniture. He hasn't decided about that, but the dining table and chairs looks really nice in his house. I made him stop at Pier One and we found the stuff to put on top of it. Nothing like being able to shop for cool stuff and someone else pays for it! :D

Angie.. How was your first day?????? I can't wait to see pictures of you place... and the old house sounds wonderful! I love old houses...

Hi Cal... nice to see you again! Your weather sounds wonderful! I wish my girls didn't like chocolate so much..... they had a ball on Sunday eating it all... I kept holding my tongue about it, because it's a holiday and I wanted them to enjoy it.

Noelle.. hey girl! Sounds like you have a great little helper.... and I hear you on the filing. Actually I would rather file than do laundry, so maybe we can work out some kind of trade there! ;)

Julie.. I love calorieking. It has really opened up my eyes to what I am eating. I am trying to log in everything everyday. Oh.. did you watch the Bachelor last night? I did, and it was quite an interesting twist they have done. I don't think he is looking for a wife... and the girls are quite slutty it seems... but it should be some interesting episodes.

Kempy, how did you weekend go?

Summer and Dips HI!!!

Gina.. welcome to our group! Great women... they inspire me! I am a single mother of two girls. Hannah,7 and Megan, 5. I live in Oklahoma City, where I am a payroll manager for a cool weather company. Your husband's work sounds so interesting... I would love to see a manison like that!

OK.. well back to work here. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Cherie

angieME
03-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I am so freaking busy right now but I wanted to check in and post about the bakery. We got opened and have done good for opening during mud season. :lol: Everyone likes the food and are great to deal with. I even got an order for 3 pies for Thursday so that is great. Here are some pics for you.

I will try to post later but right now I have to go start the donuts.

LUV YA!!!!

angieME
03-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Here is another one

jbbm
03-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Oohh Angie!!!! I totally love the pictures. Your bakery is beautiful. Everything!! The donuts, cases, hutches, everything. Glad everything is going so great for you. I am so proud of you!! Thanks for taking the time to check in.
Hi everyone. Going to go have some enchiladas for dinner. Try to check back tonight.

PhotogirlTX
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Ang..... WOW... your store looks awesome! And those doughnuts!! OMG... I was drooling. YUM... I don't know how you do it.... working around all that yummy homemade stuff...... Everything looks great!

Did you watch the Amazing Race last night? I am still rooting for Rob and Amber, but I was disappointed in some of the comments they made last night (regarding the old couple) and how they didn't even ask if everything was ok when they drove by the accident. I am happy Deanna and Ray are off.. She looked like she got beat up there at the end... one eye swollen, lip split. If I were here.. I would take off running from that relationship. He is such a bully.

Well... my Dance Dance Revolution Extreme PS2 game and the two mats came in yesterday. I took it home and the girls and I started on the lessons. Megan (the youngest) can't keep up with the lessons, but she sure did have fun trying to stomp all over the mat. Her leg spread isn't big enough to span the mat.... but she is trying and having a great time. Hannah on the other hand, started out great.... but she tends to pout and give up when the step got to difficult. I tried to show her how to do it.. and that all it takes is practice.... but she just gives up to easily and WHINES...... anyway.. I'm gonna get her back on it this afternoon.... I'm going to make it fun.. she will eventually get the hang of it, hopefully! I was having problems myself on the second lesson when it got going a little fast, so I know if I am having problems, she will too, and I can understand her frustration. Oh well... So far, we are just doing the lessons... I'll keep you posted on how good of an actually workout it is!

I haven't really been exercising... but I am staying pretty OP where my eating is concerned. Tonight, I will get back on the treadmill.. as well and practicing with Hannah a little more.

OK.. guess I will get back to work here.... Everyone come out!!!! :-)

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
03-30-2005, 12:59 PM
OK... I just updated my signature line. I am going to challenge myself to a Memorial Day Challenge (May 30th) to see if I can lose 16 pounds. I figured 8 pounds a month would be doable if I just apply myself (was going to say 20, but figured that was really over shooting what was reasonable). So... if you are interested.... set a goal and lets see what we can do in the next two months!

jbbm
03-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Cherie I am up for it. I need some major motivation. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon and feeling stressed out. Just a medication check up but I am totally anxious :dizzy:. I am glad you and the girls are having a good time with your new game. Sounds like fun....I might have to talk to dh about buying one for the kiddos and me!! Sorry about Amazing Race, I don't watch it had to watch AI. Well I will check in later.
Come out girls.
Again Angie so proud of you. Dh thinks the donut case looks great. I wished we lived closer, I would come and buy alot of your goodies. Dh asked if you shipped any products yet? He has a major sweet tooth, not good for me though :lol:.

jbbm
03-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I have plain chicken breast baking in the oven right now....I feel like I am stumped on what to make all the time?? Any ideas?? I may shred them when they are done and make bbq chicken or a homemade pot-pie. Who knows.

Noelle who do you think is going tonight? I think it is going to be the guy with the blond hair? I just don't know.

Well gotta fix this hair and do my makeup.

Hi everyone, thinking of you all. Have a great day.

melekalikimaka
03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey girls. I don't know why but this darn cold keeps lingering with me. I feel up then I feel down...stuffy head today, I took a Claritin to clear me up but it's not quite working. I hate to go to the docs though. Anywhoo, my niece filed everything I wanted her to do yesterday. Today I feel so busy with trying to keep organized! I don't want to start new piles but just to keep up with filing everything as I churn them out is just so time consuming.

Angie, AWESOME job on the bakery girl. Your selection looks better than brand name bakeries out here, I WANT donuts! :lol: I would definitely sit down and have a cup of coffee and a donut (or two) at your bakery :yes:.

Julie, I got to watch the whole AI show for once. I didn't really like Scot's version of that Brian McKnight song, mostly because I love the original and Randy was right, it was pitchy. I don't think I paid much attention to Federov, I think it would be between him and Scott to get booted tonight. Did ya notice that there's not much snark-factor in the show anymore now that Mikalah's gone? :lol:

Cherie, I'd like to lose at least 10 and not gain it back within 2 weeks of losing it :lol:. I am liking your motivation and think it'll rub off. Once I can kick this darn cough I am going out and walking again. Have fun working up a sweat with Dance Dance Revolution :dancer:

Gina, glad you enjoyed my home state. I live outside of Honolulu but my in-laws live on Kauai "the Garden Isle". Doesn't it feel like a totally different place over there? So laid back and relaxed. Your hubby sounds like mine, he's got a plumbing contracting license but he prefers renovations--something about demolishing things and making them new again is what he loves to do--just on other people's houses though...our house is another story :rolleyes:

Cal, I'd send Lacey to you (my niece that you met at Disneyland) to help with your filing but when she heard that you lived in AZ and not exactly near Anaheim, CA she said she wouldn't do it :lol: Sorry you had to go back to work already but at least you love your job, right?

Kempy, where are ya girl? Don't run yourself too ragged.

Dips, where are you hiding? Come out and post :wave:

Well, I guess lunch is calling. I had an orange, a piece of string cheese and some crackers for breakfast. Not exactly a balanced meal, but I forgot to bring my cereal and had to eat my snacks :lol: I'll try to be back later. Have a good one!

PhotogirlTX
03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Noelle, I hope you start feeling better soon. I still have a cough from my flu episode a couple of weeks ago and it's sure is bugging me too. People in my office are still sick, I think we just keep passing it around.

I got on the treadmill last night... 2 miles. Nothing great, but I did it. Hannah and I did the Dance Dance Revolution... and it was about 6:30... well, obviously we were too loud, and the people below us started banging on their ceiling... they are gonna have to get over that.... I have kids.. and we are going to play, and we live in a apartment for goodness sakes. It's not like we had the music up loud after 9PM or something.... oh well.. they are new neighbors... and I've been there for over two years now... so they will have to get over it. We only played for like 20 minutes. Geeze.

Anyway... guess I need to get back to work. Tomorrow is my official weigh in... I set my 16 pound goal weight from last Friday's weigh in, however, I may have to add a few pounds to it depending on what the scale shows tomorrow. I've had a slacker week where my exercise is concerned.

Have a great day everyone!

Cherie

Ginact
03-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Good Morning All

Noelle: You've got that right about our husbands -- taking care of other people's houses, but not their own! I have a huge "Honey Do" list!;) Great that you have your niece filing for you. The girls in my office have to file immediately when they are done working on a file or else the boss gets cranky! Can't have a cranky boss.

And, yes Kauai is soooo laid back. Much different from Honolulu, but I loved both areas. Really beautiful, but very expensive.

I usually watch Alias on Wednesday's, but I did flip over to AI to see what was happening. I am so glad that Mikalah is gone. She was a little too much with the aggressive personality. She accepted it well though, I thought. I like Bo, but I don't know if he will make it to the end.

Cherie: You and your girls sound like you are having fun with the Dance Dance Revolution. That's what I should do with my daughter. She loves to dance. She takes ballet and gymnastics. She is a little tomboy though, so the ballet lessons teaches her a little gracefulness, I guess.

My 5 year old wanted to take our his brother's kitten to show and tell for the day today so he proceeded to pack it in his backpack! Of course big battle started, but it all worked out with him taking some sea shells instead.

Julie: What did you end up doing with the chicken? I always have a hard time planning dinner, although, I have to admit, my mom loves to cook, so a couple of nights we go to her house for dinner. She makes pasta and other fattening foods though, so it's very difficult to stay on a diet with that type of food!

Tonight I have weigh in. Ugh. I doubt that I lost any weight, what with Easter this past weekend. I am trying so hard to drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, and not to snack, and have small portions, but it's a never ending battle!

My sister and I are going to the Ikea store in New Haven this afternoon when I get out of work. I love, love that store. No kids with me either, so it will be a fun afternoon.

You gals take care. Have a great day.

Gina

jbbm
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi girls

Gina I ended up with shredded bbq chicken sandwiches. I hear you on the never ending battle to be good, I hope your weigh in goes well for you. Btw you are lucky your mom cooks a couple times a week for your family. That is so nice. Have fun shopping.

Cherie I think two miles is great. Good for you :).
Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow. I have been a major slacker in excercise this week. Was doing so well, but starting all ready to feel pms coming.

Noelle there is a huge difference that M. is gone now. I didn't think Jessica was going to go last night.

Well sorry to keep this short, the kids are calling. Hi everyone.

jbbm
03-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Btw, not to get political on everyone but I am so saddened by Terri Schiavo's death. Child rapist and murders do not get that cruel treatment. I pray for her mother and father. It is a tough situation all around. I was thirsty this morning and thought of her going without water for 14 days.

PhotogirlTX
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Gina... I love IKEA. Unfortunately there isn't one around me anymore. I moved away from Houston and IKEA back in 2002. :-( I hope you enjoyed your afternoon! And good going on the sea shells. Sounds like something my girls would try to do.. they have already sneaked toys to school in their backpack when they are not supposed to... good thing we don't have a live animal! :D

Julie.... my motivation is waning too, but I am trying to just take it one day at a time and do things as well as I can.

I am saddened as well. I don't know what it's like walking in their shoes, and I don't want to know. I don't understand why her husband didn't just give over guardianship a long time ago, divorced her an moved on with his life. But it's over now, and hopefully she is at peace. The closest that I've ever had to deal with something like that was watching my mom die. I am glad she died sooner rather than later, because she didn't have any quality of life left, and it was hard on the whole family waiting.

OK.. I am almost out of here... going to pick up Hannah a little early and spend some time with her. She busted her lip open at school today, so I am concerned to see how she is this afternoon. Maybe we can get in some of the Dance Dance Revolution in before our neighbors downstairs come home and start banging on the ceiling again. :D Later I have my parent/teacher conference with Hannah's teach at 7, so I guess I will need to try to tape Survivor.... Hope everyone is having a great day! Talk to you guys later!

jbbm
03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh Cherie, I hope your little Hannah is okay. Poor thing. Get bouncing before the neighbors start their knocking :lol:. Check back later girls

angieME
03-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Happy Thursday all!!!

Where is Kempy? Did I miss something? I hope you are very busy with work Kemp and making lotsa money. :lol:

Welcome Gina. I would have welcomed you sooner but I have been very busy lately. I am Angie, a married Mom of 3. My oldest daughter is 13 and I have almost 12 year old twins a boy and a girl(born on mine and my Mom's birthday (and Kempy's too. :lol: ) I am a baker. Me and my husband just opened a bakery this week, before that we did wholesale pastries and donuts at a shop at our house.

Cherie, Have fun with your dance dance revolution tonight. I hope Hannas lip isnt too bad.

Cal, How are you this week.

Noelle, Did you get your car yet? Do you love it?

Well, its time to make the donuts....... :lol:

calnative
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Tomorrow is Friday!! :cb: :dancer:

Our first week back and it has been a long one. So much going on right now. Emotional rollercoaster. We have gotten a lawyer to look at Mom's medical records. The statute of limitations is 3 years for malpractice and June 17 will be 3 years since Mom died. What got us going now is a letter the hospital sent us stating that they treated Mom for the wrong type of leukemia. The lawyer was stunned that they sent us a letter admitting that they misdiagnosed her. Anyway, we have almost all the records and the lawyer will let us know what choices we have. My sis said that it's ironic that even in death Mom is still taking care of us. This has brought up all of the emotions that we went through as she was dying. It's been hard. I'm kind of glad that we're back in school so I can keep my mind busy.

Noelle: Typical 12/13 year old response. :lol: How are you enjoying your new car?

Angie: I'm glad everything is going well for you. Try to get some rest and don't work too hard. :D

Gina: I've never been to IKEA; they just opened one here, in Chandler, just this last year. My husband has been and he loves it.

Hello to everyone else. I'm going to bed.

Cal

jbbm
03-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Good Night Girls

Happy Thursday to you too Angie!! You know I don't remember Kempy saying she was going anywhere?? I bet you are right she is busy working.

Well I am going to finish watching House Hunters. Just love that show. Didn't do that well eating dinner, made like a chicken parmesean dish. Oh well I did well the rest of the day but have major munchies and TOM is more than a week away, yikes. Dh said he can't keep snacking with me at night :lol:, I guess I will just have to stop and drink some hot tea or hot chocolate. Or munch on some low-fat popcorn. Good Night Ladies, I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday tomorrow. Bye for now.

jbbm
03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Cal I was just signing off and saw you snuck in and posted on me, Oh honey I am so sorry about your mother. How terrible about the situation. You are in my prayers. I am so sorry. Hugs

PhotogirlTX
04-01-2005, 09:41 AM
April Fools Day. I've had a bad morning.... Not looking for symathy, just wanting to whine a bit. Scale is fooling me. I am up two pounds. I realize, this past week I have only really exercised once. But food wise, I've been keeping it around 1300 calories a day. I feel like I've been doing.. well, I guess 50%. I know if it's going to work, I need to be giving it 100% everyday... I'm just whining.... why? Cause I want it to just come off.. I am lazy and I don't want to work hard at this. I don't want to do all the hard work and exercise and cutting back and all that crap. :D Ok... I'll quit whining for now. April will be working in the 80% range instead of the 50% range. Maybe then I will lose more than 6 pounds.

On a good note.. I went to Hannah's parent/teacher conference last night, and the teacher had nothing but great things to say about her... even turning a potientally negative into something positive. (Hannah ability to talk, all the time and ask questions when the teacher doesn't wish to be questioned, even though they are really good questions.) She is the top girl in her class, she is in 1st grade, but reading on the 3rd grade level, doing math at the 3 grade level and just pretty much breezing by. I was told she is the most honest child she has ever taught.. even when she does something bad, and knows she will get in trouble, she will admit to it (I knew this), so it's hard to be so HARD on her when she is that honest. I'm not saying she doesn't get in trouble, but it's not as much trouble as if she lied about stuff. She is a good girls. Her writing is so pretty and clear and she is just doing great!

This morning, it was not a good morning however, the scale sucks... I stubbed my toes on the treadmill, and my girls kept bickering .... Glad to be at work!

OK.. enough of me bickering.... and whining... I suck. :D

Cal.. good luck with your lawsuit.... Hopefully something good can come out of it. My mom was misdiagnosised... but my stepdad didn't want to do anything about it... oh well.. I still miss her, just like you miss your mom.

Julie.. I LOVE house hunters too..... I had the best time when I was looking for a house to buy... which I could afford one now.

Angie... I have to laugh.. I think of the dunkin doughnut guy everytime you say that! :-) I bet your doughnuts are wonderful!!!!

Kempy.. hey sweetie... come back and see us!

Noelle.... how is that new car???

Well.. I better get to work.. I'll talk to you soon!

jbbm
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie don't feel so bad for letting your feelings out. I wanted to be alot less lighter right now too. Maybe those two pounds are just water. I can gain five pounds of water over night :lol:. Keep up your good work and good things will happen. I am sure of it!! That is so wonderful about your daughter, she sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and very very smart. You should be so proud, I know you are ;). Also sorry to hear about your mom being misdiagonsed. I am also so sorry. I can't imagine not having my mom around. Life would be hard. Even though we have those times when I get on her nerves and she gets on mine, I love her :lol:. Sounds like this April Fool's is being kind of mean to you today. Hope it looks up for you. Any plans for the weekend? Take care hun.

Anyone have any good April Fool's jokes planned for anyone? Not me, trying to think of something for dh. I told dd that Elmo was sleeping with her in her crib and she laughed and she he was? I said no and explained the day. Gotta love her and ds, they are so innocent. Well I just don't know what to do to get these ten pounds off. I was thinking about re-stricting my calories but I am afraid I would give in and go crazy eating :dizzy:. I want to get some good items from the grocery store today. Check back later.

jbbm
04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Just a little note: Wish I was at Angie's shop sipping some coffee and having a treat. Actually it would be great if we were all there having some girl talk time. Okay back to reality. Hahahaha....

PhotogirlTX
04-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Julie... that sounds so nice.. I would love to do that too! I don't drink coffee... but I could make the exception.

I do have some plans this weekend. The girls are going to their dad's late tonight for the weekend, and I am going to go hang out with Alan. This weekend should be a fairly nice one, so we are planning on getting our bikes or rollerblades out and doing the lake both days. And if that doesn't happen, I have my old treadmill over there and I WILL get on it. I am going to go home this afternoon and jump on my treadmill before I make dinner and pack us up.... so I will get it out of the way and know I have started this month off right.

Anyway.... back to work here... It's so beautiful outside.. it's making it hard for me to concentrate on wanting to be in the office. TGIF!!!!

jbbm
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Cherie your weekend sounds nice to help you out with your rough start to the morning. I hope the weather stays beautiful for you and Alan to get out and enjoy it. Have fun. Btw I am sure Angie has some hot chocolate at her place so you could enjoy that, I remember you have said you drink it. I like it too, I have tried the sugar free but aspartame seems to leave an aftertaste in my mouth. Well anyway the weather is suppose to be nice here this weekend. Around fifty so I hope I can get out and take a long walk. We got a good rain the other night that hopefully washed all the salt and sand from the trucks dumping that stuff on the road to melt ice and snow. Bye for now girls

Ginact
04-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Cherie ~~That is awesome that your daughter is doing so well in school. It must make you feel very proud. My 7 year old son (Sal) is doing great grade-wise, but not so good with applying himself on a consistent basis day after day. He needs to work on that;)

I had my weigh-in last night. I didn't loose anything, but didn't gain. I'm surprised I didn't gain because I really "pigged out" on Easter. So, there is always next week. I know what you mean about the hard work, drinking all the water, etc.:( Btw, you don't suck. You are an inspiration bringing up two girls on your own and working full-time. So, don't be so hard on yourself.:)

Angie: Your bakery looks awesome:) Good Grief girl, how do you manage to diet with all those goodies available. I could never resist! Good luck with your new endeavor -- sounds like you are busy, just like me;). Seems there is never a free moment. Although yesterday afternoon I did have some free time. My sis and I took a ride to a store called Ikea here in Connecticut. It is about a half hour drive from where I live. She is getting married at the end of summer, and wanted to start getting some things. Anyway, it's really kinda cute how she met her future husband. He moved into the house directly across the street from my parents' house about 2 years ago. At that time, my sis was dating a guy for about 5 years, but really wasn't that happy towards the last year or so of them being together. So, this guy moves in and they start talking, of course, my mom brought him over some homemade Italian pastries, (way to a man's heart!) and my sis and Phil got to know each other, started dating, and the rest is history! The only drawback is that she will be living directly across the street from my parents. It's like that show Everyone likes Raymond. (I think that is the name of it).

Cal: Sounds as if you might have a good lawsuit. We handle mostly divorce in my office, but we do have some calls re: malpractice, which we send out to an expert, and from some of the cases I've seen, you may have a case. So sorry for all the heartache and sadness it drums up, but as you said, your Mom is still taking care of you.:)

Have a happy day all you gals, and to all the ones I missed today. I have to finish up my work because today I am leaving at 1:00! Have a great weekend everyone.

Gina

jbbm
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Gina what a wonderful and nice love story about your sister. I believe your sister and the pastries caught his heart, how couldn't they, your mom sounds like a great cook. In a way it would be nice to live across the street from my mom but at times maybe not? Good job on not gaining, I always look at that as a positive, no gain, especially with the holiday.

Well check back later, kids are messing around with my mouse and it is really hard to type.
Hi Noelle, Angie, Kempy, Cherie, Gina, Cal, Summer and Dips!! Have a great Friday!!

angieME
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey girls. busy busy busy. I just wanted to say hi.

Gina, sorry, I should have added that I have weighed 265 pounds and lost it to 130 than I gained it back to 206 and lost it all again and now I have gained it back to probably about 230 so I dont handle the bakery very well. :lol: I probably should be banned from here because I am not even dieting at the moment, I just come to talk with these guys because we have all been friends for so long. I am always wanting to get back in the groove but it is so hard while I am making all these new goodies and they are around me ALL day.

I am going to buy cereal at the grocery store and bring some mustard and wow chips to the bakery for lunches next week and I think I will at least try to maintain and not get any bigger. haha I am so funny. It has been hard this week because I want the freshest stuff out so I am pulling things and then eating them because there isnt anything wrong with them I just dont want someone to get something that isnt up to par. I have a hard time throwing food away.

Today was a great day at the bakery. We doubled our first day total so I am VERY happy. Everyone loves it. They come in and say they had to come try it because so and so said it was so great.

Kempy, where are you? I miss you.

melekalikimaka
04-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Stop, no posting here. New month, new thread!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=811389#post811389