Support Groups - Phat Chicks

View Full Version : Phat Chicks

girly
03-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Hi Ladies, :coffee:

I hope we can find the support here that we need. It is nice to have somewhere to share the challenges we face. We have so much to offer each other. We know what we are all going through.

Selena ;) . We are PHAT to the core. We are just undercover right now. The unveiling is coming soon. :lol: .

I will check back later. Take Care and have a great day!!!!

GiddyupKaos
03-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Yipee!! I found it...I found it... :coffee:
How are you doing today Sara...??? I am hitting Curves after work...and had a great SALAD for lunch....
Still slacking in the water department...I need to up that...
How is your day going?? Thanks for starting this thread....
Sometimes........less.........is MORE!! ;)
Selena :)

girly
03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Selena,

Glad to see you found it. I am doing good. I have just been hungry all day and I don't know why. Its funny because about one day a week I get so hungry I could eat anything. I am also slacking on the water. I don't know why I don't really push myself on it because I know it would really boost my weight loss. I am also still slacking on the exercise. So today when dd goes down for nap and dh gets out of my hair I will be doing my ddr. And I am going to get my water right now.

Do you have a certain day you weigh on? I weigh right now on Friday but this week I am going to weigh on Thursday and after that I will start weighing on Wednesday. Anyway, I better get drinking some water or tomorrow on the scale will be ugly!!!!

PHAT forever :devil: ,
Sara

GiddyupKaos
03-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Do you have a certain day you weigh on?

Hey Girl....I weigh every MONDAY morning....It helps me BEHAVE during the weekend...If I know I have to weigh in 1st thing Monday morn... ......I will not go WILD on Saturday and Sunday!!
Wanna Do an exercise and water challenge????...Let's challenge each other....
come on my PHAT friend....WE CAN DO IT!!

girly
03-02-2005, 06:12 PM
I think an exercise and water challenge is just what I need.

I got in half of my water for the day since my last post. I feel the puffiness in my fingers going down already.

Do you exercise every day? I am very bad and never exercise. So I need to start or this is going to take me forever.

PHAT Within,

sara

GiddyupKaos
03-02-2005, 07:39 PM
I wish I did exercise everyday..but right now...its more like every other day....I am really wanting to work up to 5 days a week...and rest on the weekend...that's my goal anyway....
What do you think our challenge should be???
Definitely AT LEAST 64oz of water...and exercise??? at least "4" times a week....WE CAN DO THIS!!
Nothing tastes as good as THIN will FEEL!!
Its All about the PHAT!! ;)

girly
03-03-2005, 11:30 AM
OK, I'm up for the challenge. I can do 64 oz of water a day. the 4 days of exercise will be hard but I can do it. I am making a plan right now.

How is your day going so far? I need to get in to weigh today. I am not looking forward to it. I am so swollen. I know it is because I don't drink enough water. So I don't know what the scale will say. ugggghhhhh.

I'll be back later to check in.

Sara

fatmommyinPA
03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Hello ladies .....Sara thanks for the pm inviting me here . I have a rough week and then I looked in the other forum and knew no one and was lost and just kinda quit .......My great grandfather passed away and we had the funeral and everything . It was very awkward because I never knew him until I was 18 because my father and him had some problem with each other , so I never even knew anything about him and when I found out about him I went to see him , It was hard to get to know him but i did try , So I knew hardly anyone at the funeral except my grandfather and his wife , this whole group of people who are technically my family but I had never met . They weren't very nice .......I dont even know if they knew how I had gone to see him .....even when I found out he had cancer ...I went and sat with him and looked at pics of my kids and talked for hours .........Sorry to ramble on ....but stress makes me eat and I have done way to much of that this week .......although I have kept exercising and drinking water and crystal lite ....NO PEPSI .But I havent lost anymore and problably gained my 2 lbs back
Christina

GiddyupKaos
03-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey Girls.....
Christina ....so glad you are here....Sorry to hear about your great grandfather!! Congrats on your "NO PEPSI"...you go girl!!

I am sooo glad we started this thread....I too got lost with all the people who came to the thread...and then I went on there and recognized no one...It was started with the best of intentions..but then it got out of control...there's no way to keep up with everyone...10 people max is a good group...but there's tons of people on there..I just had a hard time keeping up, so I left...

Its good to see you here...
How is everyone doing on their water today?? Im sucking as usual... :?:
I have probably had 20 oz....sooo I have to drink like a fish to catch up...
:coffee:

I hope all of you are having a great day!!
I am sticking to my SouthBeach....and Im going to Curves tonite...:cb:
Take care ladies...I am sooo thrilled you are here...I will be back!!

girly
03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Christina, I am so sorry to hear about your great grandfather. You are doing the best you can right now. You have obviously made some permanent changes in your life. You have cut out the pepsi. Good for you. I'm glad you found us. We are goal bound. And there is no stopping this group!!!!

Selena, You have me beat on the water. I had my weigh in though so that is my excuse. I will be drinking water like crazy to get it all in now. Hope you enjoy your workout at curves.

I am very excited. I was down 4.4 lbs. today at my weigh in. So I am .4 away from being down 10 pounds. :dancer: :goodscale :cp: Yay! Yay! Yay! I am soo excited.

Ann said she was going to join us also. She said her and Christina had pretty much stopped posting. So hopefully we will see her today.

Be back later. I am starving now!!!!

girly
03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Okay, I have half my water in and I'm working on the other half. I will get it in by bedtime and be up all night :D !! I need to go on a hunt for some new recipes. I have not fixed dinner. I just can't find anything to make that I want??? hmmm.

Be back later to check in. Hope things are going good.

Remember stay PHAT!!!!

detk1320
03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah! I'm so glad to find you guys here! I was missing seeing you over there! A smaller group does sound wonderful!

Christina, glad you could be here!
So sorry to hear about your grandfather! Big hugs coming your way!

Sara, OMG! :bravo: You are doing wonderful!! Keep all your good work!! :cp: You must be so happy! Staying and working hard at beeing OP and you get amazing results!!

Selena, so good to see you again! :D Water, I'm having a hard time too, but I do reach my goal of 32oz most days. I just can't drink 64 oz yet, but I'm aiming for small success first than I will up the bar.

Usual good day for me, stayed within my points, drank water. No exercise today I took a day off since dh is away and I was alone with the kids. I will be walking tommorrow. My exercise plan for the moment is Hockey on Mondays, Walking on Thursday, and either walking on Saturdays and Sundays or a family sports or exercise. So my goal is 4 times a week. I'm starting slowly, but I want something where I can stick with it and be successful.

girly
03-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Ann, :D Glad to see you. It sounds like you are doing great!!! How did you get involved in hokey? Is this a recreational team you are on? I need to get into some form of exercise that is fun. Because I am just very anti exercise. I bought some DVD of dance aerobics but I never have a moment of peace to be able to do them. And I would rather not have an audiance?

Excuses I know. I guess I will stick to walking. I don't need privacy for that :o . Even though I am very uncoordinated. :lol:

Well, I will check on all of you tomorrow. Have a great day :coffee:

GiddyupKaos
03-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey Girls...GOOD MORNING!!!
Im sooo glad its FRIDAY...my husband came back in town from his business trip...and we're just going to hang out at the house...I have to make sure there are plenty of "GOOD" snacks in the house....
I hope everyone is having a great morning!!??
GOT WATER????????????
Ann..its sooo good to see you here!!
Jump in girlfriend...

GiddyupKaos
03-04-2005, 11:54 AM
SARA!!! CONGRATS on those "4" pounds GONE FOREVER...look at you gettin' PHAT!! :strong:
GO GIRL...:cb:

girly
03-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have to work this weekend! Yuck! But I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Keep drinking the water. MMMMMMM

As another buddy told me once. This isn't a cell phone plan nights and weekends are not free. :D I have to be good all weekend. PHAT girls eat right. I'm sure of it.

I will check in later. Have fun!!! Happy Friday!

Sara

detk1320
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi Girls!

It's gonna be a wonderful week-end weather wise here, so I'm planning on using it to my advantage and spending lots of time moving outside. Tommorrow, the whole family is going walking in the woods, maybe on a moutain tops (you go up by chairlift and there is paths on top of the mountain or you can also walk down which we like to do, you won't catch me walking up! Not yet anyway!). We might also go skating outside on Sunday.

Today was another good day. I drank my water (32 oz), walked 30 min outside while pulling the kids in a sleigh and stayed on program :D It feels so good when I achieved my three daily goals :)

Ok, since it's the name of our group is PHAT, you guys have to explain me what it means.... I don't get it :o apart for the sound like fat part... :o :o

Sara, enjoy your weekend too, even if working! :coffee: Stay on program and next week you will probably be celabrating your first 10 pounds off!! To answer your question, I have been playing ice hockey since I was 16 y.o., mostly competitive hockey, but this year I chose a rec woman's league and I'm having lots of fun! My family has always been a hockey family, both my brothers played too. I just love team sports (soccer, basketball) and played them all my life. My weight problem got out of hand when i stopped playing them regularly since I didn't change my eating habits. But I have sticked to hockey since it's my favorite. I too don't enjoy exercising for the sake of exercising, but I enjoy fun sports. I plan on joining an adult soccer league once my weight is a bit better, there is just no way my knees could take the added pressure of my weight right now. In the summer it's easier because I like bicycling and roller blading, but it has been harder to find time since the arrival of the kids. But I'm determined to make sure I exercise regularly and will just include them as much as I can or take some time for myself. I'm sure it will be good for me and for them anyway. I'm not crazy about walking for walking but by changing where I walk and using a mp3 player it helps a bit.

Selena :D Enjoy your week-end with Dh! Healthy snacks and water sounds wonderful! I actually don't miss all the bad snacks too much right now. It just feel too good to finally be doing something about my weight. It's like the quote someone has at the bottom of their signature: Nothing taste as good as being losing weigtht and healthy feels!

Talk to you girls soon!

girly
03-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Amy,

yay for us!!!! Another good day OP!!!! I am just soooo impressed with the hockey. I can't skate though. I can it is just highly entertaining to anyone watching and very painful to my butt! My son wanted to play hockey, he loved the lessons I got him into two years back but I never followed up on it. I might have to now. New on my to do list.

PHAT= pretty hot and tempting.

Not that vanity alone is driving me but it definately is not a disadvantage to losing weight. :D

Selena and Christina, Hope you are having wonderful weekends. Can't wait to hear from you.

I am doing good also. Staying OP! There was a big party at work last night. I ate a very small amount counted it and moved on with my night. I actually did not eat all the food I was suppose to yesterday. And I am starving right now. So I will go. I think I will have a portabella mushroom burger with tomato slices. mmmmmm. tummy is growling.

I will check in later. You all have a great night!!!!

detk1320
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi guys!

How did everyone's weekend go? Hope you had a good time!

We had a good one here. Went walking in the woods with the family yesterday, then for a car drive with dh (while the kids slept in the back about the only time we can have an adult conversation without interuption :p ) and then dh and I went to the cinema (we saw Hicht) and loved it. I stayed on program food wise, had a bit of popcorn at the cinema, but stayed within my points. Today, I went cross-country skiing and I did 8k in an hour and a half :spin: So now I'm enjoying a quiet afternoon at home with the kids with no guilt since I did my exercise this morning. I'm trying a new crock pot recipe for tonight: Salsa chicken (ww recipe)! ymmmm I'm hungry just thinking about it :D

Back to work tommorrow!

girly
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Ann, What a wonderful day it sounds like you had! How was dinner? I would love that recipe if you wouldn't mind sending it to me.

I have been soooo good this weeked. OP all weekend. Not even tempted anymore by the junk. I just keep stuff around me that I can eat and count.

I am very hungry right now. I haven't eaten yet today. So I'm off to the freezer to find something good.

fatmommyinPA
03-08-2005, 01:12 AM
HI girls .....sorry I havent posted all weekend ....I worked 11-7 friday nite , went to a party sat nite , dinner at my mother in laws on sunday and then back to work that nite 11 - 7 . Didnt have any computer time . But I have been doing good on my diet NO NO NO not diet ....my new way of life . I weighed myself but had stayed the same ....however my monthly visit came so I am blaming that for no loss and hoping next week will be better . ;)
I dont know if any of you have noticed but ....I went out to dinner on Sat nite before the party and ordered chicken parmesean , I ate the salad with vinegar and the entree came and I ate some of the pasta and 1/2 the chicken and I was sooooooo stuffed , the old me would have cleaned the plate and had bread too . I think maybe the longer you go your body adjusts and you relearn to eat , those old habits vanish .
I did my ab workout today and cleaned the house , actually scrubbed the floors on my knees . I am on a cleaning frenzy .
I ran into my old best friend , we have grown apart recently for a number of reasons , and when we saw each other it turned into a teary :cry: reunion ....we both admited that we missed each other and I think neither of us realized how much we meant to each other . So on thursday she is coming over for the afternoon with her baby that I have only seen one time . The baby is a year old now , I cant wait to see them , and have my friend back . Real friends are so few and far between and I have mourned the loss of over friendship for so long not knowing she felt the same way .
Sorry to ramble on for so long ......just had so many things happen this weekend , but they were good things . I'll try to post more often and keep up the good work ladies ......we are all gonna get there .....
Christina :)

detk1320
03-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi girls!

How is your week going Selena, Christina?

Sara, here is the recipe to the salsa chicken: http://www.***************.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74679&highlight=salsa+chicken
Hope the links work. If you like it spicy leave it as is, but if you prefer a little bit less spicy use less taco powder. My kids found it too spicy. I serve in on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes with a whole wheat pita. Delicious and low in points.

Talk to you guys tommorrow.

Ann

girly
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Ann thank you for the recipe. It sounds delish!!!! Can't wait to try it.

Christina, Sounds like you have been busy. I will be back I have to run quick. But what program are you following for weight loss if you don't mind my asking.

Be back in a couple hours to post more. Selena, hope you are doing great. Stay PHAT my friend.

detk1320
03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi girls!

Happy monday! Good day here, big WI tommorrow night :dizzy:

Christina, we must have been posting at the same time I hadn't seen your post when I posted mine! So good to hear from you! Please ramble all your want we'll be happy to listen. Congrats on staying on program especially while beeing in a restaurant! Sounds like you did really good! Hang in there it will show up on the scale eventually :D

Sara & Selena, hope you had a good day!

Ann

fatmommyinPA
03-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello ladies .... :)
Sara I dont mind you asking ...although I dont really have an answer ...lol....I havent really started any of the big name diet plans , just kinda makin it up as I go along , trying to be sensible about my portions , not drinking pop , drinking lots of water ......my friend at work is on WW and what I eat is within the points but I have not had time to go jion WW and get all the points info ...so I eat lots of veggies and lean meats and try to stay away from potatoes and pasta although that is my weakness and I do eat some . Apparently whatever I am doing is not enough . Oh and I am exercising .....I bought THE FIRM it is a 4 dvd set and I alternate which one I do . I dont know I got discouraged cause I want the scale to be nice to me ....lol

girly
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Christina,

the scale is not nice!! I know! I have been thinking about getting the firm set. I have heard it is really good. You will have to let me know.

Eating right and learning about nutrition is more important than a commercial plan. And it is working because you are aware of what you are eating and you are losing!!

I hope you are having a great day!!

Talk to you later.

detk1320
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi girls!

Hope you all had a good day!

It was my WI tonight and I loss 3.6 :D
Hopefully I will reach my first 10 pounds loss by next week.

So I have achieved my St-Pats day challenge. I don't have a date for my next one, but my next goal is Onederland!! I haven't seen the 190s since before my son was born four years ago so I can't wait to make it there!

Ann :lol:

girly
03-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Yay ANN!!!!! You go girl!!! :dancer: :cheer: Onderland here you come!!!! You are gonna be one hot mommy!!!! I like your tracker for OP days!! That is great.

Christina, Hope things are going good for you. Will check in later.

Take Care

detk1320
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
How is every one?

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Ann

girly
03-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Ann, I think we are the only ones here! Should we bail? Hope you are having a good day. Talk to you later. Sara

GiddyupKaos
03-22-2005, 05:11 AM
hey girls..ITS ME!! Please do not adjust your screens...its REALLY me...
Sorry I have been MIA...alot has happened since my last post...one of my really good friends was killed when he lost control of his car and hit a guard rail....I have been soooo OFF track with my eating...some days I barely eat...and other days, well....I eat like I haven't eaten in years... :?:
This has been really hard for me...but I have to get back on track...Im sorry I have not been around...I promise I didn't BAIL on you girls...
I am getting back on my SouthBeach starting on Friday...
Friday seems to work Best for me, when I start something....that gives me the weekend to ADJUST.........
I hope you girls are still around...I have missed ya'll sooo much...
Hope to hear from you soon..
PHAT Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Selena

125by65
03-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi other phat chicks,
Iím so happy to find others with a great attitude. Iím someone who has put on about 5 pounds per year my whole life and rarely dieted. Itís time for me to pay attention to my health and being about 1 ĺ years from 65 seemed like a good time. Iím not on any program other than starting to eat the nutritious foods I know I should and starting a walking program.
:?: