Old 03-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #1  

Cool Back to Basics March Edition - Make it Happen

OK. Here's to a new month. I feel like I am sliding in like a snake - sneaking around. Not quite completely committing to eating right or exercising well. So, I want to go roaring out like a lion. (Ok, maybe not hte best analogy - I AM sleep deprived ) So, here's to a new month. NEw opportunities. Old friends and new.

I commit to living in the moment. To not let everything and anything steamroll me. To just appreciate what I have right now.

What does everyone want to accomplish this month??
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh guys, sorry no time to post BUT I did want to report an NSV!! I tried on my "measuring pants" and I can report PROGRESS, in the right direction! Initially I could barely get these pants over my ample derriere. At first, there was a hand's breadth, thumb to pinkie spread out (that's 20 cm, nearly 8 inches) at the top between the closing button and the hole so there was NO way I could get it closed. Next step was that I got them closed but the zipper was gaping big time. But TODAY!! I got the zipper closed as well. OK, just wanted to share. . .
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

woops! two of us started a new thread at the same time!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #4  
Never give up

Rave! You were usurped during your absence. You had better come back and re-establish your sovereignty!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone. Well, I need a little pat on the back. Yesterday morning I did not make it to the gym - just moving slow and feeling lazy. I packed a gym bag to go after work and after I rode. Despite the fact that I forgot my gym card, and had to jump through hoops ( whew, what a workout!) I didn't use it as an excuse not to go. Just did a short workout, but at least I went.

Now, I need ahuge kick in the rear to get going this morning.

Have a good day all.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #6  
Never give up

Here's your kick, jolly! BAMMM!!! Did you feel that? Now, get a move on it! And here, is a big pat on the back, CLAP, PAT, CLAP, for getting to the gym. Way to go, girl!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #7  
Student of the Hoof

*yawn* I'm not used to this working for a living thing!

Yesterday was all about trying to catch up with errands. Bank before work, work, buy horse feed at lunch, work, deliver horse feed after work, some grocery shopping, fix dinner... collapse.

This morning it's about trying to get back into a routine. I was supposed to get on the treadmill, but didn't. Transitions, adjustments, routines. Yarg.

Jolly - Good for you on riding AND working out. I think I'm going to have to look into moving the horses again and find someplace closer to home. I'll wait till I'm more comfortable with this job first, though.

Red - Major congrats on the NSV. I think those are really more important in the long run.

Water was better yesterday. I don't have a desk at work yet, so things are a little difficult as far as keeping snacks or water or things like that. Hopefully that will change soon.

Off I go!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:02 PM   #8  
Never give up

Good morning, people. Rave, thanks for noticing my NSV. I agree, these are the more important things. It's just that the scale should follow some time but I guess it's too slow to notice. Also, I remember when I was gaining and not exercising. The scale wasn't moving that much and I could still get into my pants but everything started shifting around and then I couldn't.

It is now three weeks since I gave up sugar, nuts, and two other things and I guess I'm finally starting to see some results. Thank God!

Raven, isn't it a drag having to fit your life into some job's schedule?! This is what I hate about the work I do now. To think, when I was younger and it was all new I was much more able and WILLING to have it the other way around (like most people) but not any more. Still, like someone here said (sorry, people! I will catch up with you all soon!) remember that this is just a temporary thing and still very necessary for springboarding you to your life work.

Do you have a locker at work? If not, maybe just bring a big bag in with your food. I'm the same with having trouble adjusting to a new place, especially when there's little accommodation for food and such but think of it as your special needs and make the place fit to you, slowly, so as not to seem too weird!! and in-the-way but SURELY! Good luck!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #9  

Talking

Red, great NSV... this Lenten challenge must be working for us both and I had the SAME NSV on the same exact day, my "skinny jeans" fit. They were too tight and uncomfortable to wear all the day, but I actually had them on and they fit me for the first time in about two years! Yeah for Lent, it's making "honest women" out of us!!!!
Raven, what kind of a job do you do now? Just curious.
Hey, I actually submitted my resume on a job today as well. It's not a "big" job, but it's the kind of job I think I could handle as well as handle the rest of my life to some degree! It's a secretary job at my church. It's only 10 hours a week, roughly, and involves doing a weekly bulletin and a monthly newsletter. I think I could handle that and it would pretty much pay our yearly car insurance bill or something of that equivalent!
I had a "bad" eating day yesterday, no chocolate, but I was not a good girl. My darling daughter is quite impressed that she has learned how to cook and follow recipes. This week, she has made cookies (oatmeal), a cake and yesterday homemade bread. I've "had" to sample them all, of course. So, I have to be extra good and behave myself for the next few days.
Hey, 19 days til the first day of spring.... I can handle it!
Linda

Last edited by derrydaughter; 03-02-2005 at 04:48 PM.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #10  
Never give up

Just out the door here but wanted to say, HI Derry! Congratulations on fitting into your skinny jeans. The first time in two years! Wow, that must feel fantastic! Yes, it seems a return to the "old ways" (meaning giving up something for Lent) is helping out. It feels good too. Has given me a reason outside "dieting." I think that has made it easier to stick to. Kind of dread Easter and the freedom it will allow me. Going to have to find another challenge I think. Maybe by then I'll have enough momentum to just keep going. You know, I really don't even feel like "pigging out."

Don't fret the cookies, cake and bread. You were doing it out of a sense of duty and wanting your daughter to be a better baker I'm sure!

Bye for now!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #11  

Yeah sure.... on the "duty" thing, I laughed. Who do you think was hovering over the stove with that baking bread waiting for it to come out and taking out REAL butter to have on it? Hmmm....
Well, I made a point of journalling today and trying really hard, have had no inbetween meal snack at all this afternoon and I am really going to be "sparse" as far as dinner tonight.
If we can do this for Lent, Red, (and I am sooo glad you decided to do this with me!) we can do this for OURSELVES down the road.
I honestly feel so much better without chocolate. I know I won't give it up forever, but I have learned a lesson, I have never gone this long without it before at any point in my life other than when I was a small kid and my mom controlled whatever I ate, etc. This is truly amazing to me that I truly CAN do this!
Have a great day, Red, here I am about ready to make supper when you are off to work, so amazing.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #12  

Hey all. Just a real quick post before I head back out ot work. Congrats on all the NSVs guys. way to go. I wish I were joining you. Good luck getting back in the routine, Raven.

Red, you will have to try that kick again. With the time difference and all, it must not have made it here on time. But, I will go tomorrow. AND, I WILL get back in a regular sleep pattern this weekend. That is what I need more than anything.

Take care everyone.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:08 AM   #13  
Never give up

Heh guys, check this out. I posted it in the support forum. When you're feeling down on yourself, read it!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54284
Old 03-03-2005, 07:30 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Great post Red! On our own I think we do ok, it's when we start to compare ourselves against others (and forget that I am me and I'm okay) - that's when we get into trouble. Great words to start the day right. Make it a good one!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 AM   #15  

Good morning all. Well, Red, your kick finally made it hear. Took a little longer than I would have liked, but it made it. I did go to the gym this morning. Not much of a workout, but hey - better than nothing.

Have a great day all.