Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #1  
Learning to love ME!

Default Back to Basics

You know how when you've been on your weight loss program for awhile, the quick losses have slowed, and motivation is lagging, you begin to get lax in following your program? You let exercise slide, you start having little "extras"? Well, that is where I am at. And, as a result, I gained 2 pounds.

So I'm posting here, (and if anyone wants to join me, please do!), that I'm resolving to be diligent until Easter. With the exception of my birthday, I'm going to follow the plan I started with, before I let a lot of "extras" slip in. Here it is: No sweets (the only thing I've been faithful about), no snacks, no starches with dinner. Aerobic exercise 5 times a week, Pilates or yoga 4 times a week. There. It's out there to hold me accountable.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  

I'm definetely with you on this....

Improving exercise routine with push-ups and sit-ups....

No more binge, no matter how emotionally challenging some situations may be...

Stimulate my metabolism by eating fruits and veggies between meals....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Darlene you have hit the nail on the head. I need a kick in the behind. I've also slacked on snacks thinking they are healthy so I let it slide. I really need to rethink my plan. I'm going be asking advice. I got that low carb book. I'm totally confused is it healthy? I see all that fat one eats and think don't but have heard ppl here say it's good. I want to do a low sat fat and low carb. Is there such a thing? I also need to get my workouts in. I thought I had everything down but today the baby is fussy so I'm holding him and typing with one hand. I have to make sure I do them. (even if it's later tonight when my daughter picks him up) I plan on doing some kind of workout 5 days a week. WATP, George, Pilates, Yoga....
Here's my list.
No snacks after 7 p.m.
Workout 5 days a week it doesn't matter how long just so I move.
I think those 2 things will get me back on track.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:24 AM   #4  

Hey Darlene, you read my mind! I have been struggling and eating badly for the last week or so......I got back to basics on Sunday, and have had 3 good days, including two sessions at the pool.

So back to basics for me are:

Healthy eating - basically low glycaemic index carbs, low fat, lots of fruit and veggies, and no junk/processed food

Exercise - 20 mins walking 5 x a week; 30 mins swimming 4 times a week

And I will be checking in regularly!

Thanks for starting this thread....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #5  

I'm in, the past week my eating of fruits and veggies has flown out the window in place of lots of sweets and soft drinks. Was hoping to not develop a sweet tooth with the baby but we are not listening to me Thankfully I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight but I need to be diligent about it and also I haven't exercised yet this week, so today I will haul hiney to the gym.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:36 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize
I got that low carb book. I'm totally confused is it healthy? I see all that fat one eats and think don't but have heard ppl here say it's good. I want to do a low sat fat and low carb. Is there such a thing?
mezmerize, have you checked out South Beach? They restrict carb intake but also stress eating healthy fats. I also know that South Beach was much easier for me to follow in the past because after the first 2 weeks, you can begin incorporating moderate amounts of healthy carbs back into your diet (fruits and veggies and whole grains and such). Just a suggestion
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #7  

OK people, how are we all doing?

So far, so good this week. Yesterday I ate healthily (porridge for breakfast; pasta in chilli tomato sauce for lunch; stirfry chicken and vegetables with rice and salad for supper; lowfat yogurt and fruit for snacks), walked for 20 minutes, swam for 30 minutes.

It even looks as if the sun is shining this morning, after days and days of rain and snow.....so I am feeling cheerful!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #8  
Learning to love ME!

I'm doing great with exercising, but my eating is abysmal. Yesterday I ate: 2 eggs, 2 slices of whole grain toast (good start!), a handful of almonds, and I think a whole pizza (maybe a piece or two shy). I was really busy, and didn't eat lunch until 4. I can't let myself get that hungry. But today is a new day.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #9  

Yesterday I did manage to haul hiney to the gym. Eating wasn't terrific but it could have been a lot worse. I did manage to make it through the day without my day dose of Dr. Pepper!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

This week made me realize I have to step it up a notch. I'm not going too overboard, but enough so that I think I'm guarenteeing I won't see positive results. It's my TOM too, but I feel (as I posted on another thread) that I used that as an excuse to indulge my chocolate cravings. I have to say logging my foods onto fitday no matter what has helped. It's like I *have* to face it

Exercise wise I feel pretty much on target. Today I'm going to make it a good day food and exercise wise.

Hang in there everyone. We'll do it!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote