Old 02-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #1  
one day at a timer

Default Another newbie and a little shy..

Hi everyone... I'm fairly new to forums and don't know all of the lingo yet. I am looking for a group that shares the good and bad, funny and sad and stays real. I realize that I need a permanent life-style change and not a temp. diet.

I'm 47 years old and weigh 235 lbs on a 5'5" frame. I feel run down and discouraged.

I have survived bilateral breast cancer. It frustrates me that I could do that and not be able to get off this blanket of fat.

I look forward to getting to know you and sharing this journey. I know it is possible and needs to be a one day at a time thing.
I really want to be a loser!!
loserlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Well you have taken a good first step towards your goal. You will find lots of support here. And we do share the good the bad and the ugly. Ok I guess you know I like westerns now.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome Lori
You have come to the right place. You might want to try baby steps and for some that mean giving up pop or maybe switching to diet or cutting down others it's up to you what you can try and change if you take it away abit at a time before you know it will be second nature. I would rec. that you drink lots of water. It helps flush out the waste. Everyone here is doing their own plan so if you have questions ask there is a wealth of knowledge. Once again welcome we look forward to helping you with your weight loss journey.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. You have definitely found the right place. Feel free to jump on any of the threads or start a new one of your own.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Lori,

Welcome ~ this is a great place. Glad you've joined us. Wonderful, understanding, supportive people here. Looking forward to getting to know you.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #6  
Cynthia

Hi Lori, and congrats on attacking that cancer!! I wouldn't compare that to your battle against the excess weight, though. To me they seem very different. For one thing, the weight kind of "creeps up" on us and we get used to it. It's something you've probably had for a long time and have adapted to. When you learned about your cancer it was a new nemesis and something that meant immediate danger. I know that being overweight can affect your lifespan as well, but it doesn't seem as immediate. So to me it's perfectly normal that you had a tough go-get-em attitude toward ridding your body of cancer but can't get that same attitude towards getting rid of the weight.

However, you can use what your learned fighting the cancer to get rid of the fat. You know you can make positive changes for your health, it's just a matter of sticking with it, which is the problem I face. Consistently sticking to an exercise and good eating routine are very hard for me. But I must find a way, and we both will do this!!
Red Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 AM   #7  
one day at a timer

Thank you all for your kind words. I have looked for so long to find you. I know a strict diet plan brings out the rebel in me. I hate keeping a food journal. So I'm going to take those baby steps and relearn what my body needs. Today I did walk and actually had a pretty darn good food day. I like this group already... Lori
loserlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:40 AM   #8  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Lori! I'm Howie6267's bet--, well, other half. Welcome to 3FC! My mom's a BC survivor, too, and struggles with weight as well. We're all in this together, so stick around and we'll help one another.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:30 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello Lori - you are most welcome here!

Just take it one day at a time -and if you stumble,just get straight back up again. Keep at it day after day after day and you will get there.

We are here every step of the way to offer you support, advice and a kick up the butt when necessary!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote