PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone found anything that works for..

the acne that comes along with PCOS? I feel like I am 14. It is driving me crazy!!!!! I would appreciate any help.

apriltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Yes, have your mom take you to a dermatologist (skin doctor) and he can help you. Mine put me on antibiotics (they were only a few dollars if your mom is worried about cost) and then he gave me some creams to put on my face. Those are costly, but they last a long time and my face is usually clear.

Good luck!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:15 AM   #3  
Starting SBD 21/02/05.

Have you tried the ProActiv line? It works like a charm for me. I don't have regular breakouts, but when I get one, I put a little of the cream on the spot and it's practically gone overnight!
MissLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #4  

I have tried proactive and it did not work unfortunatly. Luckily , my husband has great insurance so I will have to go to te dermatologist. Has anyone tried the birth control pill that is supposed to clear up acne?
apriltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #5  

My doctor recently switched me to Diane 35. I have been on it for 3 months now and just yesterday I had 2 people I work with comment on how my face looked wonderful and asked what I did different. At first they didn't know what it was and when I asked if it was my skin they had the "aha" moment. It was funny because I actually noticed a huge change yesterday too. The print out you get from the pharmacy tells you that you should not take this for contraception only because of the severity of the potential side effects. It is a pill for acne and male hair growth patterns that has been found to have contraceptive properties. It is okay to take until your problem clears up and for about 3-4 cycles after that. So far I haven't had any side effects. The first week I found my eyes were burning and really watery, but after that it subsided. I must say my skin is looking really good and I haven't got a new pimple in 2 months. The other pill I was on to help with my PCOS was Demulen. I was on that for about 2 years but it just quit working. When I first started taking Demulen it really cleared up my skin. You may want to start with that one first and move to Diane 35 if it doesn't work for you. Hope this helps.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #6  

Had to answer this one. My face used to break out and be so sensitive. Proactiv worked for a while and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Tried Clinique 3 step and everything else you can think of. I ran out of my face stuff so had to use reg. oxy pads just to remove my makeup. I did this for a few days while waiting for my order to arrive in the mail. Before I got the order my face somehow was totally clear. I know it sounds weird but ever since then its the only thing I use. I use them to take off my make up and before bed and when I wake up and so on. I know some people get really dry from them but I havent and its the only thing that has ever worked for me.
Kimberly
KimberlyHeidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #7  
banned

april,
im not a dr.. but my dermatologist just gave me a topical gel yesterday
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote