Old 02-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #1  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Default I'm scared for Monday's weigh in

Hi all.

Well, I've done my best again but still haven't once been on the treadmill. I have the best of intentions every day but just can't do it, even though I know how great I feel when I do and how much it keeps me on track food wise because I don't want to ruin the benefits of the walking by eating bad stuff.

Yesterday was a bad day. I ate prime rib, cheesecake, mayo, cheese and had a soda as well. The rest of the week I've been good, although I have issues with cereal (even though it's fat free, still has sugar and calories). I thought I was going to have a successful week. I sabotaged myself though. I know if I weigh myself during the week and the news isn't good that I'll go off track and that's exactly what happened yesterday. I got on the scare and it said I'd gained 1.5 lbs this week, even though I'd been great food wise all week so I gave up. I was good today though so maybe I'll at least stay the same?

Thanks for listening to me whine (again!). I really appreciate the support and any advice.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Looking at your ticker, I see that you've already lost like 79 pounds. That is soooo awesome! Everyone has their ups and downs, but you've clearly been able to conquer the "ups" on the scale before. Also, while exercising is a huge part of weight loss, eating right without exercising has major benefits, too. While you will not lose weight as quickly as if you were doing both, you can still lose by reducing your caloric intake (not ridiculously low, but lower than you had been taking in to maintain your higher weight). Also, you can read plenty of messages on these boards about why your weight may fluctuate from day-to-day, so don't get so down when you weight yourself on a day you're not supposed to and it doesn't give you the response you want or deserve. I have also had to break myself of the mentality that once I have eaten one bad thing for the day, I might as well eat anything I want for the rest of the day since I already went off plan. Like I have read many times, it's all about attitude. And remember, your body does thing you dmight not like sometimes. Even if you're on plan, you may gain that 1.5 pounds this week. However, if you stay on plan the next week, you may end up losing 3 pounds, which means even with the gain, you are down 1.5! Just keep the bigger picture in mind. This isn't a day-by-day or even week-by-week process. It is ongoing, and the more you stick to plan, the more your body will realize that it's a good thing!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
you can read plenty of messages on these boards about why your weight may fluctuate from day-to-day, so don't get so down when you weight yourself on a day you're not supposed to and it doesn't give you the response you want or deserve.!
Amen to that. Last week on Wednesday I was 2 lbs heavier than I was on my official weigh in day, Friday. I let it freak me out, and it was just an up moment in the numbers on the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Just keep the bigger picture in mind. This isn't a day-by-day or even week-by-week process. It is ongoing, and the more you stick to plan, the more your body will realize that it's a good thing!
You said it!

Re: the treadmill, it took me a long time to get into an exercise routine. For me, it was like this little kid in me saying, "I don't want to *have* to do that! I'm not going to do it!" "I'm too tired! I don't want to!" etc., etc. I had to say to myself, it's ok, I'm doing it *for* me, it's a good thing and I'm not going to overthink it. I started small and added to that as time passed.

Like Jill says, it looks like you've already made tremendous progress! Congrats! Over twice what I have. I'm sure you'll get to where you want to go with it!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote