Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - Feb 26th & 27th

Good Mornin

How is everyone this beautiful saturday ?

Watcha got planned. For me I'll be reading up on you all and then my kitchen needs cleaning so I'll be going in there. Other than that nothin much is happening. my boss is gone next week so guess where I'll be

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Leenie (and everyone)

Well, today I have GOOD news , and BAD news .

The good news is that I'm not wearing my cast anymore! . The doctor put me in a "walking boot".

The bad news is that the x-ray showed that one of the bones in my ankle has shifted about 1/2 cm. Right now, they're going to keep an eye on it. If it gets any worse, I'll be facing reconstructive surgery on my ankle, and another LONG recovery period . Please keep me in your prayers!

More bad news . Last night we came home from a wonderful church service (we saw T.D. Jakes-what a powerful preacher), and our bedroom rug was SOAKED! A pipe had burst in the master bathroom, and the water had seeped under the rug. All this while we were at church listening to a service about "believing God for miracles" . Well, we sure do need one right now!

So that's our weekend so far

Leenie: Looking forward to seeing you a lot next week

Everyone: Have a wonderful weekend
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Joanne, I was just reading up on the old threads and I asked hmmmmmm where's Joanne? poof...here you are. Good to see you lovely lady.

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle, gee, just when you think things are going good. Well lady you have my prayers, I hope they won't have to do surgery but if they do, I'll be praying that it is a FAST FAST FAST recovery.

Oh ick on the water in the rug... how's the weather by you. Can you open the window to help dry up the rug. Would ripping it up be better ? I can't imagine the wood not getting destroyed if you didn't. You poor dear.

I'm glad you enjoyed the preacher, is he baptist? I love baptist preachers, they are so right on the money, they don't dilly dally around, they get right to the point. My favorites are Joyce Meyer and Charles Stanley. Joel Osteen is another one I really enjoy listening to.

Well DD is screaming at me to get her some gold fish crackers.......oy!

BBL
Old 02-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #4  
CIN

Hi
Gals
First of all.Joanne..I lOVE TD Jakes.......powerful anointing on that man!
Dont forget there is a time and purpose for everything...........I would say someone was trying to "rob" you of the joy you just experienced! As hard as it is DO NOT let it steal the JOY you feel!

I have 2 little boys here.........Power rangers and Rescue figures all over the house..couch pillows and throws everywhere.messy kitchen.unmade beds.toast crumbs and finger prints everywhere!A bathroom with wet towels and toys scattered all over and still have one that needs a bath! No wonder my daughters house looks like it does with all 4 there!Bless her heart! Jake & Josh spent the night............we took them to the Park and froze but they were delighted last night! 5 & 6 are darling ages!

Hubby has a rash from head to toe.................we arent even calling the Dr.after a week in the hospital NO WAY does he want a Dr apointment..I guess if he has difficulty breathing we MAY call joking of course.PLEASE someone dont take me serious! We are in our 50's and know a little something!

That is it for now..........isnt this an exciting LIFE? Grandchildren REALLY are the best despite the crumbs,,finger prints unmade beds and overall trashed house! I even spiked Jake's hair! ( I am used to girls...but have watched the barber! )

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

it's nice to come here and see my buddies! and hear what is going on in your lives! really it is!

Leenie - Ii'm so glad your boss will be out this week! maybe you will be able to play with us this week,. I didn't realize you can catch Joel Osteen up there where you are at. We are all glued to our tvs the 2 nights a week he comes on down here. We love his preaching - his positive & loving & encouraging message from the Lord! I also like Charles Stanley and Joyce Meyers!!! I don't think I have ever heard T. D. Jakes preach - sounds like I better catch him.

Joanne - I am so glad you got your cast off! and I will pray that they will not have to do another surgery! please keep us posted on that and the pipes! imagine ya'll are trying to dry things out today???

Cin - sounds like you are having a blast with your grandsons and they with ya'll. We use to have Power Rangers all over the house too - now they are up in the attic for their kids some day. About dh's rash - I don't guess he has had any antibotics huh? like a reaction to penicillin or something? guess that would be too easy to figure out! We will keep praying for his complete recovery.

Leenie - you asked how dh and the boys are. Well dh is fine. He is with our men's ministry today at Angola Prison reaching out to the prisoners there. the boys - well that is another story and one of the reasons I've been kind of quiet about personal things - figured if I didn't talk about it maybe it would just go away or work itself out. HA

Oldest DS is in his 4th semester at college and told us yesterday that he has not been going to his classes for the past 2 weeks, that he has just been hanging out at the BCM (baptist student union) with friends instead. Says he took a test that he knew he failed (which we knew about) and that he just doesn't think he can do school, so he is not gonna finish the semester and is going to look for a job. School is just not what he wants to do right now. So today he is beating the bushes and is out there filling out applications at places like Blockbuster, Movie Gallery, Sam Goody, Old Navy, some cellular phone companies, etc. I have no idea if he will find a job anytime soon, but perhaps if he works for awhile he will decide he would rather go back to college or our 2 year tech college and finally apply himself. I know that one way or the other - it will work out - but honestly, I am disappointed.

Yesterday I handled my disappointment with flying colors and got in my car and went to McDonald's for an order for french fries, and then had a Snickers bar too! now didn't that make everything better - NOT! when will I ever learn!

But this morning I did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd.

Now youngest ds, who is graduating a yea early in May, with excellent grades, is telling me this morning that he is thinking of just going to our 2 year tech college instead of McNeese bec "if his brother can't make it, he doesn't think he can!" good grief louise! teenagers!

believe me - I know there are worse problems in the world - truly I do - neither of these guys drink or do the things that a lot of teens do and we are very grateful fo that - but - I guess we have gotten use to them being high achievers in most ways -and well - some of this stuff is just disappointing! no big deal i know - just me rambling really.

Also - I must be perimenopausal right - emotions out the whaazoo!

Ok well now - aren't ya glad I've been skipping the personal stuff!

what's the rest of our gang doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Feb Miles = 30
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:24 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
Dh is at an RC plane thing and I'm home working on an article. The Kitchen is a shambles you'd need a tetanus shot to go in there but I'm not cleaning it myself it's both our responsibilities I think he got used to being spoiled when I was home that's OVA! lol for the most part I'll sneak some in here and there when I get used to my new schedule so he know's he's special
Joanne! YAY for the boot and the inspiring sermon the otherstuff hopefully will get rectified soon!
Leenie yay on bossman being out of the way I think (hope) my trainer will be a lil less intrusive next week so i can post more too
Cin! That's so great that your grandbabies are there I bet they worship you can DH take an antihistamine for the rash?
Cathy this is my advice (speaking as someone who both screwed up college and then Kick some pretty good educational Butt) for DS #1 if he wants a job fine but tell him he has to go to school part time and pay for it himself that will make the difference in his work ethic too It could be that he put himself under too much pressure or that he needs a confidence boost
For DS #2 he needs to realize he is not his brother maybe you could convince him to try it for a year or even a semester and see how he feels It has to be scary to be 16 and graduating

I picked out my insurance yesterday and I think I'm going to see if i can get an appt with DH's shrink b/c i need some help also goign to find a good Gyn to rectify my girlie issues I have been In tears and depressed for no reason for a while now and It has to stop!
Wi was today I was the same which is fine after gaining 1 last week
bbl
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #7  
Walking by faith

Default Hi everyone!

Thank you for your prayers for me and my family

CIN: You're so right! While we were receiving a blessing, SATAN was back home trying to rip us off! I'm just trying to keep my eyes on JESUS! Enjoy your grandbabies . I'll be praying for your DH.

Cathy: I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment with your sons. Young guys think they know it all Time will change things-I know they'll make you proud.

Kierie: It's great to have good insurance coverage . Hope DH gets home early so he can give you a hand around the house.

The Servpro people are here. They've just let us know that the whole rug & pad are going to have to be torn out. They're putting fans and dehumidifiers in to dry things out so mold doesn't get into the walls. My DH is objecting because the fans are too loud and he won't be able to sleep. He wants the insurance company to pay to put us up in a motel . We're supposed to see DS today, but I don't know if we'll be able to get there in time. It just hasn't been a great day.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – yeah… I was just having a …. Catastrophic day… things built up and I was feeling a bit helpless… I had to vent… but I feel a bit better…things have been talked out… we’re gonna go one day at a time. I’m still disappointed tho but this could also do a lot of things for us… specifically being debt free.

Homebound – Oh no! Sounds like it’s a time for things to go out on people. Our Heater went out on us Tuesday night… I spent 3 days arguing with the home warranty people that our heater IS covered in our policy. We got our heater fixed today WOOHOO! Hopefully things will get cleaned up for you with no problem. Let us know what happens!

CIN – honestly, I wouldn’t want to call the doctors either… but I am sure if things go bad you would call. I can understand where you are coming from though! *big hugz to you both*

I didn’t get to much done today as far as exercise, I’ve been out and about trying to get my car looked at and change some belts on it. I got a lot of walking in though… from just all the running around I did, plus I bowled last night and that’s always a good time in exercising.

I hope everyone is doing well! I will talk with you all later!

Take care…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:16 PM   #9  
CIN

Sue Marie
I forgot to cast my "vote"
My vote is you marry that wonderful man..........................despite debt!

Cin~
P.S. I mean it!
You look so sweet! I know if we met I would like you!You have a sweet look about you..............!
Old 02-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #10  
CIN

JoAnne
Stomp on his head!
Cin~

You know exactly who I mean too!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Happy Son Day

Gosh its only 11 am and I'm ready for a nap lol. We finished grocrery shopping this morning at 8 am, came home put all the stuff away, the store had a good sale, they had veggies (frozen) boneless ckn breast and salad stuff at pretty good prices, so we loaded up. I'm making ckn cordon blu for easter so we bought some for that. I just made a big BIG BIG batch of pumpkin chili for the week and yesterday I made a huge batch of tuna salad. I cleaned yesterday but today, you'd never know it.

Cathy, sorry the boys are having a rough time, how do they feel about a trade school. Some times being hands on is better for folks, I'm one of them. Also some times a swift kick in the brookies helps too I'll be praying for them. I do wish my parents helped nudge me thru college... Your a good Mom !!!! Hang in there and don't sweat the mcdonalds episode, we all goof and gee, your goof didn't sound so bad.

Kierie, sorry you've been so down lately, I'll be praying for you as well. Isn't it the truth that when your home, you can clean, cook and the guys don't realize what they have until we go to work LOL !!!! I was only home once in my life and that was for 6 months maturnity leave. Boy did my DH get spoiled with nice dinners and a clean house. Oh well LOL. I was just saying that I cleaned yesterday but today you'd never know it. Doens't take much to make your house look like it exploded lol. Hugs

Sue, I understand your frustrations, but know this, when its all over, said & done, things are going to fall beautifully into place and it will be worth it. You'll see, there is reward at the end. Hugs.

Joanne, thats what I figured with the rugs, when there's that much water damage there's no saving it or the padding. Hope today is a better day

Cin I hear ya on the little kids and every room being a mess LOLOLOL !!!! Enjoy.

Kathy, April, Tippy, Liz and the rest of the gals, we miss you.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #12  
Divine Gal

Sorry I been sick as a dog!!!
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #13  

Homebound, glad to hear you're in a walking boot and hope they don't have to do anything else. I crushed my ankle several years ago and had to have it put back together. My only suggestion would be to do whatever physical therapy they give you at home as well as at PT. I'm also sorry to hear about the water. It can cause such major damage.

Cin, I have 2 boys here, but the little one hasn't started making any bigger messes than spitting up yet. But DH is just as bad as the boys. It does give the place kind of a homey look though, eh? As for the rash, depending on where it is it could be stress or something like a food allergy. When I was pregnant I got a rash all over and it turned out to be tomatoes of all things! Now I can eat tomatoes again, it was only during my first trimester that I was allergic to them.

This past week I had to take a psychological day from work. I loaded up the baby and went for a drive in the mountains. It was a nice break. And it was a sunny day, a wonderful break from all the rain we've been having. I've also been walking the past few days and I'm feeling better from that too. My depression seems to be lifting, but I still have to work on keeping my Bipolar stabilized.

I hope everyone else is doing better!
eulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #14  
prepare for the BEST time

Just a quickHiya.....I am sooooo sick, but I don't think 30 leaps to the bathroom count as exercise.....it's more than a cold, it's aches, chills, fever and funky-colored mucosa (sorry).

I'll spare you the details about the cat's ear that needs draining....hope you all have a better week than I do.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #15  
CIN

Hi Gals
Especially the sick ones...... so sorry you are ill and hope you will all be better soon!

Prayers are with ya!

Cin~