Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2005, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default need support!!!

Would like to make new friends and want to support one another.
I am in aussie,41,married 3 kids.
Anyone interested?
aussiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/133

Height: 5'7"

Hey there! I am 33, married with 2 children adn 2 dogs. I live in the USA. We just received 4 inches of snow here today. How is everything in your part of the world? Keep in touch!
Ann
abowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:34 AM   #3  

Hello ann.
Well we are in the middle of summer here and its sooo hot here.
4 inches of snow,how lovely.
Build me a snowman please!!!
I need to lose lots of weight and looking for some new friends,thanx for answerring.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #4  
Beauty is within...

Hi Aussigal, I'm another aussie girl, and have been a member here for ages. It sounds like you're doing really well so far - 24 kilos down! Woo hoo!

If you would like to be a buddy, I can either catch up with you here, or you're welcome to join me in my thread in the Support Groups, called "The Challenge to begin again". Right now, you've got almost the same weight to lose, so maybe we can help each other!

I've got 2 kids and recently widowed......

Catcha soon!
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #5  

Default Hello from Perth!!!

Hello from Perth . I’m 48, married with 4 kids. I am a stay at home mum but we have our own business and sometimes I get called in which I do enjoy. I’m on optifast at the moment and am very pleased with my weight loss – but it is harder that other diets I’ve done. The hardest times ahead – transition, when I have to move back into food. I have found forums like this very supportive and helpful and it is great to have others who understand what you are going through.
You have lost a fantastic amount of weight! Whats your secret? How long did it take you?

Bev
Bee Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #6  

Hi everyone.
Thankyou for the replies.
I have msn and would like to get to know you all and if you wanna chat buddy please message me with your nic name and I will add you.
The more the merrier and maybe and just maybe we can help and support one another!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Good morning all!

Bev, what is Optifast? I haven't heard of that one.

Aussiegal, I haven't got access to MSN yet, but am happy to keep in touch here.

Support would be good right now. It's always hard to get started!

I might be off line until Tuesday of next week, but look forward to hearing how you all went on the weekend! It's my nephew's 1st birthday on Saturday arvo, so I have to make sure I stay away from too many nibbles!
I'm planning on making it back to the gym tomorrow - haven't been much since Christmas.

Take care.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:02 AM   #8  

Hi Lyn! Optifast is a liquid diet programme that is very popular in America and more recently Australia. It is for the severely overweight – obese and is a 23 week programme starting with a 12 week of shakes, veggies and water intensive phase followed by and 11 week gradual re- feed. It is approved by the medical profession to be used under medical supervision – though it is available over the counter in Aus. It is fairly harsh at first but I’m in my sixth week and feeling fine . Weight loss is fast but re-feed phase and is essential. I’m planning on low carb for re-feed and long term maintenance.

Aussiegal – No MSN either but happy to post here also.

Love to know everyone’s plan of attach with there weight loss.

Bev

Last edited by Bee Jay; 03-04-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #9  
Beauty is within...

Hi all

Bev, that program sounds full on! I know I wouldn't be able to do it, so I commend you for sticking with it! I'm doing my own thing, but loosely based on WW, which I did a couple of years ago. I'm focussing on trying to increase my exercise, eat well balanced meals and stay away from the junk food!

I weighed in on Saturday, and have lost my first 1.1 kg! Was hoping for more, but I did eat pizza with the kids on Friday night, so that would not have helped!

Catcha later!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:09 AM   #10  

hey aussie gal, I'm Prue, 27 Brisbane Queensland, married a 1year old daughter and stay at home mother. I'd like to buddy up with you girls too. You have done so well so far, you ought to be so proud of yourself!!! After the birth of my second child (my first a boy Gabriel born 2002 had health problems and isn't with us) I weighed 107kg, I went from 63kg to 105kg in one pregnancy, mainly becuase I just gorged on anything and everything I could find, I wasn't even really showing until 5months and the doctors told me my son was small so I started to pack it on, they have since told me I could not have fattyened him If i tried ha ha, with me second pregnancy I weighed 85kg at the beginning and went to 107kg, so the gain wasn't as big but I had a normal healthy pregnancy with Poppy. I have mainly been just slowly and steadily dropping weight, but recently gone on a 1200-1400 cal program and dropped about 4.5kg-5kg in 3 weeks and I am so proud of myself. I can see the difference in the mirror when I walk by and I get butterfiles in anticipation. Support is one of the main things that keep people going with anything they want to achieve in life, and when people notice you it makes you want to keep on trying, let's all notice each other!!!

Last edited by wantmybodyback; 03-08-2005 at 05:14 AM.
wantmybodyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #11  
Beauty is within...

Hi Prue, I had the same weight gain issues with my first - I went from 86kg to 110kg. However, with my second, I must have lost weight, because I practically stayed at 110kg the whole time - thank god! Sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad to hear you have a healthy little girl. I've got an 8 year old boy and 2 year old girl.

How’s this for a good way to diet – go to the dentist and get root canal treatment!!!

I went in to get a filling on one tooth, but another one has been killing me the last couple of days, and it was one that I had a filling on about 2 months ago. Well, he assessed the damage, and said, sorry, it’s either gotta come out, or it’s root canal! Far out man, $500 later!!! He had to give me 3 local anaesthetics in the end, so he could get the filling out. I was so tempted to say, well seeing as how the filling didn’t work, can I have my money back!!!??? Anyway, he suggested I don’t eat on that side of my mouth for a couple of hours, and since I can’t feel anything, it’s best I don’t at all! So I haven’t had anything since breakfast, which I didn’t have much of because of my sore tooth (my favourite Just Right Meusli too!), and now it’s 1pm and I’m STARVING. I’ve just heated up a little quiche, and I’m nibbling on that... CAREFULLY! I’m having that with a cup of low fat noodle soup, and then I’ll have my low fat banana yoghurt….

I reckon I’ve lost some weight here – my 2 skirts that I’ve worn to work yesterday and today are DEFINITELY feeling looser around the waist. I LOVE it!

I didn’t manage to get on my bike last night because I had such a bad headache cos of the toothache, but did do 15 minutes the night before, and will definitely get on again tonight. I’m trying to toughen up my butt so I can last longer!!!

See you tomorrow!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #12  

Hey girls, hi Lynne, omg are you ok? sounds painful!!! but if you can lose then that's a positive out of it for you does anyone obsessively bake when they are dieting? I can't stop I think it's some how theraputic for me and if I can't eat it, I want everyone else to be able to, talk about living through other people LOL, I have just finished baking some ooh wait I won't say it I just realised reading about food makes me hungry so that's a bad idea. Let's just say my freezer is bulging with stuff and I am running out of people to have for afternoon tea ha ha. My hubby isn't really a sweet tooth either, oh well it's helping to build my will power so I won't stop. When I am cooking I am never tempted to eat it it's bizarre!! How is everyone going? I thought of some tips the other day for when you are feeling hungry at night, and don't want to cheat. A cup of hot tea always works for me, I find it satisfies my hunger but next to no cals and then I get online and read the posts and before you no it it's bed time, when I am watching tv I get hungry, probably doesn't help that every other add is for a flame grilled whopper ha ha. When do you all weigh in? I usually do it on Mondays but I was tempted on wednesday and lost another kilo so I changed my ticker, I am not doing any exercise at the moment I really should be, but it makes me soooooo hungry when I go on my hour walk every day, I will start soon, hopefully I would have lost some more and I won't need all the extra cals. I am running after my babes all day too so that burns cals i guess. OK take care everyone
wantmybodyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:04 AM   #13  

Yep – my oven is running hot and my kids are loving me for it. Not sure what it is doing to there waist lines but I always do this when dieting. This time it’s cakes and biscuits which is a bit strange as I was never into sweet things in the past – I am more of a savoury person. Would love to understand the psychology behind it.
Weigh in tomorrow morning - fingers crossed.

Bev
Old 03-10-2005, 06:06 AM   #14  

Default Hey guys.

I definetly wanna get to know you all!
I am so sure we can keep each other on track!!!
Lets hope we can keep in touch!!
How do you suppose we keep in touch?
I have msn!!
Pm me if you want my details!!!!
Please,we all need the support!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 AM   #15  

I don’t need support – I’m here to boast!!!! Weigh in this morning and another 1.5kgs gone for good. Not bad seeing I had a bad week with my diet. I’m happy!!!!

Aussiegal – My kids chat on MSN so I will put it on my computer with their help and let you know when I’m up and running.

Bev