Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #98

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #98

gma22
02-24-2005, 07:00 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
02-24-2005, 07:03 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and make time for you!

morning girls! I am finally feeling like I am on the permanent mend. I am even leaving the house today and haven't left it since a week ago Monday.

Carri: You take great care. The stuff going around is nasty.

Carri :cp:
Amanda :cp:

Everyone have a spectacular day today!

Faye :)

Satine
02-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Girls, well I am definitely not feeling any better today, actually worse...I do not know how I am sitting here at work, I have alot of meds and thank God that I am off tomorrow for a three day weekend, because I could not make it one more day, the sneezing, the head pain, the snot, ughh sorry :D
I guess the plus is that I do not have much of an appetite so should have a good loss :lol:

Faye- So glad that you are feeling better, enjoy your outing!!

Amanda, Nikki, Julie, Sandy - Hi to all, if I do not get back in this weekend make sure you have a good one!!!!

Later!!

Amanda Panda
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - am snowed in here so I can't walk or go for a swim, so it's my exercise bike every night till the big thaw!

CARRI - Get yourself into bed girl, it sounds like you shouldn't be at work. Hope you feel better soon.

FAYE - Glad you have turned a corner and are finally on the mend. I bet it did you lots of good just to get out of the house for a bit.

SANDY - WTG you on treating yourself and deciding to schedule some time just for you! I am sure it will do you the world of good both mentally and physically.

Love Amanda x

gma22
02-25-2005, 06:12 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friends and Family Friday. Call, visit or do something special with your family or friends.

Amanda :bravo:

Amanda: I don't think I have ever heard you say you were snowed in before!

Everyone have a great day and weekend

**REMEMBER: JUST A FEW MORE DAYS TO WEIGH IN AND MARCH GOALS!

Amanda Panda
02-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

Another 4 points for me yesterday! I suppose I should give myself a WTG as I am now doing 35 minutes on the bike instead of 30 - those extra 5 mins are tough, but I am sure they will be worth it.

:lol: FAYE - Well when I say 'snowed in', I actually mean a couple of inches!! It always brings the city (and country) to a complete standstill as we are never prepared for it! I look out the window this morning and alot of it has thawed already, so hopefully if it continues then I may be able to get to the pool tomorrow.

I am looking forward to Tuesday when I will weigh and measure - I am hoping for a good loss, and to beat my January 5lbs - but who knows? I did have a wobbly week with PMS/TOM and february is a short month, so I'll just have to wait and see! We've all got 4 more days to try to shave off another inch or drop another pound - I'm going all out for it!

Have a good day all

Love Amanda x

Jana
02-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I'm Jana noticed your thread today. I like having a topic every day. Friday is the day I have been checking my weight. Today Iím 5 LBS down!

I started low carbing 22 day ago I have not strayed even though today I had to make Potato Soup, Lemon Poppy Seed Cake & Frosted Brownies for our monthly Soup and Sandwich fund raiser for our new Parish Hall. The soup really was very tempting. Good thing I can only have liquids for 2 days, I had a tooth pulled Yesterday because the cap come off, I had a root canal done years ago so the tooth so it could not be saved.

I have not Started exercising yet, I know it time. I guess I need motivation and that should not be hard. I know I will drop pounds faster, dress sizes and thighten up the flab quicker if I start.

Time to go and set up for the dinner we are little light on help today. Every one have a good week-end have some fun.

Jan

gma22
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Amanda :bravo: You are doing mega fabulous sweety!

Jana: Welcome to the group. tell us a little about you! We changed our Friday weigh in because people were becoming kind of down when they didn't lose every week. We have a monthly goal that I keep on a spreadsheet for everyone and you are welcome to join in with that. Congrate on the lbs loss.

I am feeling better, but this stuff is still running through my system and it makes it uncomfortable. Jack is taking me out on a date tonight to see Man of the House so I hope I don't have a coughing jag from laughing as I have been peeing my pants when I cough hard. Guess the old lady needs to work on the kagles, huh???? :)

Everyone have a spectacular weekend

gma22
02-26-2005, 08:22 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Anything you have to tell us to brighten our day today?

How are all the girlies today? I am getting there little by little, but still experiencing nausea and some diahrrea from the cold running through my system, which isn't fun. Still have some cough and congestion but a LOT better than I was.

If you are movie goers, go see Man of the House. It is cute. We had a nice time last night though dinner upset my stomach and was only a sandwich and soup. Since we had a BIG mess with Walmart.com about a treadmill I ordered, we are going out today and buy one at the store. I have wanted one for a long time since everything is an uphill walk here and tough on my knee.

Hope everyone has a terrific Saturday

Mirabelly
02-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi everybody!
I've missed you all..........haven't been around cuz we're trying to get DSL here. I got the box, got it configured, but tech support can't figure out why the stupid thing isn't working! So I'm back on dial-up until they can get back to me.

Sorry everyone is feeling so sick. Guess it's that time of year, huh. I'm feeling fine physically...except that I realized last night after eating 3 pieces of take out pizza and birthday cake (Ben turned 6) that I've totally blown another month this year! I was so bloated and sick with indigestion last night I couldn't sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't seem to hang on to my motivation for more than a few days anymore. I'm not exercising enough. I'm eating too much and total crap. Part of it is the weather. I'm just ready for spring. But there's something else going on, and I'm not sure what it is.

It's sunny today, and not too too cold (I think it's like f20) so I'm going to make myself go walking or skiing. I need the sunshine badly! I also have to dance every day this week because I have a show on next Sunday and another one the week after and then another in April and another in June. There's nothing worse than having to bellydance when you're depressed about your weight! So, I have to work on my attitude hard.

I've gotten too far behind to do individuals...except AMANDA--Woohoo......you're gonna have some major pounds down this month.

WELCOME to Jan! Tell us more about yourself...

Talk to you all soon.
Julie

Jana
02-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today the sun is shining its 16.5 degree's outside and it not snowing or raining and thatís a good thing.

I live in northeastern Michigan 12 miles form the town hopefully some day we will sell this house and build another home on Gerald's grandmothers homestead that is 22 miles from town.

Iíve been married to Gerald for 35 years we have three wonderful children, Jason 32, Leslie 31, and Aaron 20.

Jason married to Audra they have out 1st and only grandchild Madison 41/2 and they are expecting another daughter the end of May.

Leslie has a S.O. she is very happy with her new life. Leslie was married for 2 1/2 years it just about destroyed her as a result she dose not want any children or to be married again. We are ok with that as long as Leslieís is happy.

Aaron is our wild child he keep us young and on our toes. Yesterday he called, guess what Mom I got my ears Pierced, your ears priced, no my ear, that our Aaron. Aaron attends a local commiuty college and works 35 to 40 hours a week in the meat department at a local IGA store. Needless to say we do not see him.

For the better part of my married life I have been a stay at home mom and did and still do catering on the week-ends with my husband and a few good employees, now that our children our living down state.

I work at a machine Embroidery shop 3 days a week. Gerald has worked for a Local Power Company for 34 years.

I enjoy reading, sewing, cross-stitching, movies, painting, being with our families and cooking.

In April I am going to have a cornea transplant in my right eye, while Iím not crazy about having any kind of surgery Iím looking forward to seeing better and doing things I can not do now.

I am low carbing and have low carb on and off for about 4 years. I have come to realize that even one bite of refined sugar, potatoes, white flour etc. will put me back on the sugar roll a coaster. Iím very serious about this low carb eating. I feel so much better than I did three weeks ago; I do not what to go back to being tired with no energy. Now there are many very good recipes for the low carb community that taste good it makes it easier to stay on the plan.

Jan

Amanda Panda
02-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - we had a little treat and ordered a takeaway curry, so I'm guessing that took me over my cals for the day. I never know how many cals to estimate when I have a curry - I'm lucky that I don't like creamy ones which are the most fattening!

The snow is gone - yay! I was able to go swimming today for the first time in a week. It was great and I swam for 40 minutes instead of my usual 30 mins.

FAYE - A treadmill will be great for you - it was always my favourite piece of equipment at the gym.

JULIE - Hope Ben had a fab birthday! Sorry you've been struggling - like you say, you need to sit down and really work out what is stopping you from reaching your goal.

JAN - Hello and welcome to our group - you are most welcome! congrats on the 5lb loss! I am calorie counting and could never stick to a low carb diet. I am a strict vegetarian and carbs are very important to my diet. I agree with you about refined 'white foods' though - I always have wholemeal bread and pasta and prefer it anyway. Faye has a copy of all our introductions which she will post - they are a bit old and I haven't got round to updating mine yet - mine says I'm 30, when infact I am 32 in 2 weeks time!

Enjoy your weekend ladies,

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Good morning ladies!

I got to go skiing alone for over an hour yesterday. All that sunshine and exercise has me feeling much better today. I also ate well. I'm dehydrated, though. So, I guess I had a 3 point day.

I've decided that coffee without cream is NASTY!!! :p So, here I am drinking tea in the morning. Still trying to kick the cream habit. I know I must have been drinking at least 300 calories a day just with the cream in my coffee. None of the other substitutes taste good to me, so I'm off the coffee at least for a while. My stomach lining needs a break from all the acid anyway...so, black tea still has caffeine and there are so many yummy flavors now. I hope I can just give up coffee altogether.

Jan, it's good to meet you and learn about you. 35years of marriage! You might just beat Faye on that one....not sure. She and Jack have been together forever too! :lol: I'm a stay at home mom trying to work on a writing career. I'm also a belly dance teacher and performer. I've been married for almost 13 years. I have 3 kids 11, 10 and 6.

Amanda--Glad you got to go swimming!

Gotta go now. I'm planning to actually do some sewing today. It's been forever.....

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
ladies, we are out of town and only have the laptop, which i have trouble with the keyboard so....

i will be home this afternoon and post a better thingy. no poll today

faye :)

gma22
02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is staying on plan all week long. Let's try hard to stay on our individual plans.

WEEKEND POINTS:

Amanda :dancer:
Julie :cp:

Jan: I have always been the old lady of the group. Nice to see someone more my age :lol: I grew up in Northern Indiana (South Bend area) and my sister and son and dil still live in the South Bend area. If you live in the north east part of Michigan, imagine you stayed snowy a lot! lol Here is a little bit about our group (though it may be a little old as far as age and stuff is concerned, mine is up to date):

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 51, have been married 32 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 31 who got married April 10, 2004, and Kelly, who is 27, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who will be 5 in June. We live in Memphis now, but were in the Navy for 20 years and moved all over the place. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am stay at home, but plan on starting my own candle business in the fall. My husband Jack, works for the city of Memphis.

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Everyone have a great day. I am going to try and clean my upstairs today though I am not well enough to do the last spring cleaning room. Hope you all have a great day

desertseatingoceans
02-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey Ladies!
I have been really busy lately, I have had no time to come and visit. It seems that all at once every single aspect of my life turned completely upside down. I have be SOOO stressed lately. Along with the frustration of trying to figure out where Im going to live, and how I am going to manage to make rent etc, NOW I dont even know if I work at the park anymore! I went from talk of promotion to them ignoring me...the park opens next saturday and I haven't gone through training or anything yet so I am really worried. They were supposed to call me last tuesday, and havent yet. When I try to call them, they tell me they will call me when they get a chance...and then dont. Its not looking good. Feb has been a really horrible month for me diet and excersice wise...I really need to get back on track and get over this hump. Anyways...enough ranting for me for now.

Jana-Welcome! Great job on the 5 down! Look forward to getting to know you!

Faye-Good luck with the treadmill...I love mine! I want to get an elliptical too.

Julie-good job on the skiing, it is nice to just get out there and just be alone every once in a while.

Amanda-Glad you enjoyed your swim!

Carri & Sandy- Hey guys, hope yall are doing well!

Alright, its almost noon, its about time I get some breakfast.
Nikki

Amanda Panda
02-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm just popping in to let you know that I've come down with that same bug again - don't really know what it is but my head feels strange (but no cold) and I am very weak and achy and nauseous. I also feel incredibly low and have no energy.

So I'm having to cut the exercise completely and rest up to try and get rid of this thing properly. I'm hoping I may feel well enough to go swimming tomorrow as it will at least make me feel brighter.

C U L8R

Love Amanda x

Jana
02-28-2005, 03:38 PM
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated
the
Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red
vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy
lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream
and
Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?"
And Man
said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some
sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure
that
Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat,
and
sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to
size

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented
Thousand-Island
Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and
Woman
unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil
in
which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and
chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained
more
weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food
Cake," and
said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it
"Devil's
Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose
those
extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man
would not
have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and
cried
before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming
with
nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the
starchy
center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and
still
satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent
double
cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied,
"Yes!
And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into
cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created HMOs.

Thought for the day ....

There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today
than on
Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large
elderly population with perky boobs and huge erections and absolutely
no
recollection of what to do with them.

If you don't send this to five old friends right away there will be
five fewer people laughing in the world

gma22
02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Nikki: You will have your job again, I am just sure of it and if not, you will find something even better! You just remember that1

Amanda: You need to really take it easy. The stuff had really ran me down and I didn't even try to do anything. You take care of yourself first and let the exercising go until you feel strong enough again.

Jan: Funny stuff. Have you heard about the new book that is out called The North Beach Diet? It is a comedic look at dieting, except it has these ourtrageous fattening recipes like deep fried twinkies and pulled pork BBQ in it. I can just see some nutter buying the thing and FOLLOWING its advice.

I got on my treadmill twice and cleaned the upstairs. Man, it felt good to have at least part of the house cleaned again. Jack and I are spending the weekend getting the last room spring cleaned and all the stored stuff up in the attic so my house will be glorious again! :)

I have a roast and carrots in the oven for tonight, but it didn't get completely thawed out so dinner will probably be an hour late. Jack is going to have to eat a snack I guess.

Everyone have a good afternoon

gma22
03-01-2005, 07:17 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is to look seriously at the fact that what each one of us has is an addiction. It is hard to look at it that way, but that is what it is. Overeating, binging, etc are no different that going on an alcohol bender or shooting up. We need to see it for what it is and then use the tools to fight the addiction.

**I NEED LOSSES FOR FEBRUARY AND GOAL LOSSES FOR MARCH TODAY GIRLS!**

Be back in a little later ladies

Satine
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Morning Girls...I had a 4 pointer yesterday, I did a little over a mile on the treadmill...also I do have quite a good loss actually...I didnt change my signature but back those two weeks ago when I kept cheating I actually got back up to 205!! This morning weighed in at 199 !! So I have lost 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks!! I feel really good... and now that I am actually exercising I know this weight is going to be sliding off me now :)

Faye - Hope you like your treadmill, I really like mine, it is just nice to have when it is either way too hot outside or way too cold...

Amanda - Sorry to hear that you are sick again, I am just now starting to feel better from the nasty cold I had...hope you get better real soon!!!

Julie - Glad that you are back !!!! :)

Nikki - think positive about the job, like Faye said if you do not get it something else will come along, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Hope you all have a good day, I am going home early as my dh hurt his back again doing something stupid, I told him he has to bend and move differently once you have hurt your back but he does not listen, so I am going home to give him some TLC, so talk to you all later... cannot wait to hear your losses!!

gigglez
03-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Morning or is it afternoon. Finally fell better maybe I will be able to do better this month. Real quick seeing how time is short. Between the flu and all I am up 1 lb for the month. March goal down 8. Time to scoot

desertseatingoceans
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Hey Girls!
It is a gorgeous day here, and I couldn't be happier about it! I decided to just let the whole job thing go, I can't make them call me, or answer my calls for that matter, so it is out of my hands. I am going to look around for a new job today. So I weighed in this morning, I don't know if I am happy or disapointed with the results. Because I've been really stressed and running around like crazy, I have eaten nothing but fast food and crap that I don't need for the past two weeks, without excersicing. I was terrified to step on the scale because I was quite positive I had gained like 10 lbs...but turns out i really just kinda broke even. No loss, but no gain either. With everything somewhat behind me I really want to step it up in March, with a goal of 6lbs.

Carri-way to step up and get that 6lbs off of you!

Hope everyone else have some great losses to report.
Nikki

gma22
03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Carri :bravo:
Faye :flow2:
Amanda :cp:

I got everyone's goals in. We need to kick it up girls. We haven't made our goal or even come close for Jan or Feb. Let's really try hard for March. I am again going to attempt 15 lbs. I have to get jump started.

I have my grandson all afternoon and evening so may not be back in until morning. Hope everyone has a good OP day

Jan: feel free to join our goal work. Just give me your goal in lbs for March and your 6 month and year goal and I will put you into the spreadsheet.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

3 points for me yesterday.

I'm feeling much better today and went out for a lovely long walk. It was the first exercise that I've had in a couple of days and unfortuneately I seemed to have pulled a muscle in my calf. Nigel is cross with me for pushing myself too hard , but I found that I had alot of energy to burn and I was really walking fast!
It felt so good to be out and walking again - even though I had to force myself out of the house to begin with! Spring is almost here and it was great to see all the snowdrops and crocuses and daffodils blooming in the park - I love flowers, and they look so pretty in the park. I'll have a hot bath tonight and hopefully my calf won't keep me from exercising tomorrow.

My February weight loss was 7lb - not too bad, but could be better. I also lost 8 inches which I am pleased with - 1 inch from my waist, 2 inches from my hips plus various inches and half inches from my bust, thighs, arms and calves. My goal for March is 8lb - I'm determined to reach it this month!!

FAYE- Well done for getting on your treadmill - those pounds will be dropping off this month!

CARRI - Congrats on the 6lb loss - the exercise has obviously made a real difference and kick started your metabolism.

NIKKi - I'm glad you are not letting this job business get you down too much (although I must say they have treated you very poorly). You are young and bright and a better job is waiting just round the corner for you. At least you didn't put on any weight - so you can start afresh this month.

JAN /JULIE - Hi there, hows it going ladies?

Love Amanda x

Jana
03-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Itís a beautiful winter day/night it snowing nice big flakes & almost all the schools in the state were closed today. Not much happening here we are all well. Iíd like to say we are sitting by a roaring fire tonight but we are not, even though we have two fire places. Before we can use our fireplaces again we have to invest in gas logs as Gerald has many allergies and trees are among them.

Amanda: I just doesnít seem fair that youíre not feeling well again hope your feeling better by the week-end. Great weight loss!

Niki: Hang in there & good luck on your New Job search I to think that you will find something even better! How nice that spring is on it was Iím a little jealous of you we just got 12Ē of snow dump on us in the last 2 days with more to come. Enjoy the spring flowers for me.

Faye: Good work on the treadmill. It really feels like an accomplishment after you have cleaned, moved furniture and taken care of the clutter. In regard to our Addictions I could not agree more I know what my addiction is and as Doc. Phil likes to say own it. My goal for the month of March 8 lbs, and my 5 month goal are 30lbs.

Carri: Bravo 4 points is great!

Julie: Thank you for the welcome. I have always thought learning belly dance would be a great way to exercise and drive my husband a little well you know.

Jan

Never give up and never give in.

gma22
03-02-2005, 06:51 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so you can gripe to your heart's content today girls!

Ok, I have Jan, Nikki, Amanda SandyG goals for March. Need Julie and Carri's goals and Julie's losses.

I will be back in later girls

Mirabelly
03-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Grrr, I had one tiny (desert sized) bowl of pasta last night and I'm up FIVE POUNDS this morning@!!!!!! I just can't eat pasta........just can't do it.

So, my weight is totally thrown off by that. But yesterday I was at 212. Don't know if that's up or the same from Feb. I'm so pissed at myself. I know it's stress stress stress. I ate dinner last night just because it was dinner time...wasn't even hungry. I have to stop eating just because it's "time to eat".

I'm going to measure myself today. And commit myself to seeing how disciplined I can be just for the month of March....one day at a time. With a goal of 6 pounds down. For real, seriously....I'm so fed up with this size. I have so much I want to do.........

Gotta get the kids to school. Everyone have a great day.

CONGRATS TO AMANDA AND CARRIE AND ALL THE LOSERS LAST MONTH!!!! You gals rock!

TTFN,
Julie

Jana
03-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Only 4 " of snow this morning.
I'm tired of my eyes hurting in the night, in the morning, & looking though the clouds in my eye. Itís hard some days at work as I have to look though a lighted magnifying glass to do my work, some days the light hurts my eye and it real slows my down,

Thank God I have and understanding employer and April 22 the will be a new beginning.

Jan

Amanda Panda
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - but am having to rest my strained muscle today, so that will teach me not to overdo it! It's feeling alot better today so I'm hoping it will be okay by tomorrow as I really want to go swimming! My exercise has been very much stop and start over the last couple of weeks - what with being ill, snow, and now a muscle strain - I just really want to get back in the swing of it!

JANA - Sorry your eye is causing you problems - good luck for the surgery! 22nd April is my mums and my nephews birthday, so it is a very lucky day!

JULIE - Wow! That was some weight gain due to the pasta!! :eek: have you tried the wheat free pastas made from corn and vegetables? They are not cheap though! I predict a good month for you! Take it one day at a time and make sure you take some time out for yourself each day to exercise, or read or plan your diet and progress. Don't get stressed about the book - you've done the hard bit, now sit back and wait and see what happens!

FAYE - I know you can lose 15lb this month if you work hard to stay on track. Your treadmill will help no end, and lets hope that you are free from all the bugs and illnesses that have set you back.

CARRI, SANDY, NIKKI - :wave:

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Amanda :bravo:
Faye:dancer:
Carri :cp:

I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW PROUD I AM OF CARRI AND AMANDA FOR THEIR LOSSES! BIG HUG FOR STICKING IT OUT GIRLS! :grouphug:

Jan: I hope your surgery is a huge success. It is frightening not to be able to see. I get frustrated because I wear distance contacts, but also need bifocals so have to have my reading glasses around all the time. I also need much brighter light than when I was younger. Old age stinks! :lol:

I had such a blast with Thomas last night. He is such a good boy in a restaurant as long as you don't ignore him. I always sit and talk with him and then translate to dh. He was so funny last night. Out of the blue he says, "Nonny, how can your feet smell when they don't have a nose?" Of course I laughed and that started every ridiculous nonsensical "joke" he could think of. I bought him a new game called Kerplunk and he had a blast with it. The three of us played 3 games and the little booger beat his Nonny and Granddad in every one. Man, do you know what it feels like to get beat by a 4 year old????? :lol:

I bought dh his birthday present (his bd is not until Oct). I hope he is surprised. He is a huge Chicago Cubs fan and I desperately tried to get tickets the day they went on sale but after an hour on the internet and not being able to get through I gave up. I went to their site today and all tickets for ALL weekned games are sold out! I found tickets though for their last game in Houston a week before his birthday so I bought them and thought we could just make a long weekend of it. We had a good time the last time we went to their ballpark and since it is enclosed, won't freeze to death!

Well, I need to fold clothes and check the mail before dh gets home in a couple hours

desertseatingoceans
03-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey girls
My woes...I am in this stupid catch 22. I want an office job, because thats decent money, its not seasonal, and it still leaves me plenty of time for school. I cant get a job because everyone wants at least 2 years experience...but I cant get experience because I cant get a job!!! I can type at least 60 wpm, and I know Word and Excel like the back of my hand. But that just isnt good enough. Ridiculous.

Faye-Even if Minute Maid Park didn't have the retractable top, there is NO freezing your butt off in Houston in October. Unless there is some freak cold front...You will be sweating like crazy trying to spend as much time as possible in the AC, just like the rest of us. :)

okay well on to more job huntings....hope all you chickies have a fantastic day!
Nikki

gma22
03-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Nikki: Here is what you do, sweety. You go and apply at every temp agency in town. If you can type 60 wpm and know Word and Excel, they will put you straight to work and a lot of times can get hired in permanent that way and if not, it gives you experience! It is the absolute best way to go to get your foot into an office situation. Bone up on your grammer etc though as you will need to take some tests on punctuation and grammer. You will have a job in no time I guarantee it! As for Houston, we have the worst luck and you will get the worst cold snap in history while we are there more than likely! :lol:

Faye ;)

Satine
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Afternoon All - had a three pointer yesterday and still doing well, I am exercising on the treadmill on Mon, Weds, and Fridays, so I will be on tonight, my muscles have been really sore from it though, I guess that means it is working :D

Faye - My March goal is 8 pounds, I have been saying that every month and coming up short but I guess I will still say it again :lol: Glad you had so much fun with dg !! and also thanks for the kind words about my weight loss this last month, it has not been easy ... but I keep plugging forward ...

Julie - you had to be carrying some water weight or something or your scales are way off ... no one can put on 5 pounds overnight - believe me I have tried
:lol: :lol: I am sure that will not be showing in a couple of days...also stay out of the pasta, ha ha

Nikki - I am sure you will find something soon, you have some good skills
( crazy mad skills, just kidding ) ... good luck !!!

Amanda - hope your sore muscle gets better, you are doing great !!!!

Hope you all have a good evening, I am waiting for 4:30 to head home and get going on the treadmill !!!!

Later!!

gma22
03-03-2005, 06:41 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself some time alone to enjoy yourself!

I will check back in later

Satine
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Afternoon, man it is like a ghost town here today :lol: Where is everybody?

I got 4 points yesterday, I am way over exerting myself on that treadmill, I am trying to go too fast too soon and my butt and back muscles are paying for it...they say it is harder on your back to walk on a treadmill than outside because of how you have to pull yourself to keep that constant speed...so I will want to try to walk outside most of the time and only use the treadmill when I need to...cannot wait till it gets warmer - it is so cold here recently - but Spring is on the way !!! :)

Well I guess I dont need to idividually reply since there are no individuals to reply to yet, ha ha - except Faye of course, up at dawn, HI FAYE !!!! :D

Hope you all have a great day!!!!

gma22
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Carri :bravo:

Carri: Hi back to you! Yep, I always seem to be up before the chickens! :lol: Congrat on your 4 pters. Do you have snow? My son said they have over a foot of snow in South Bend. Told me to bring my winter clothes :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I have them anymore. I have sweaters but got rid of everything else including heavy coats. I didn't part with my fancy earmuffs though so I will at least have warm ears!

DD and dgs are coming for Thur night dinner. I made them meatloaf, baked beans and scalloped potatoes for dinner. Her dh's grandmother fell out of bed at the nursing home yesterday and they were afraid she might not live through the night as her brain has been swelling. DD says she had a huge black eye that is swollen shut. Please say a prayer for Mamie and the Fleming family. She is in her nineties, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with a possible loss. She is a dear sweet kind woman.

I watched Minority Report with Tom Cruise this AM. Weird movie! It wasn't bad, but just weird. Don't think I want to buy this one! :lol:

I still need to get to the store and restock "diet" things. I haven't shopped in almost three weeks because of being sick. Jack has been getting things day to day and ordering in. That is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope I can get out to the commissary in the next few days and get stuff that is good for us to eat so I can start losing. I need to get my behind down to 250 at least for vacation and to be comfortable at Minute Maid park in Houston in Oct. When we went the last time, the seats pinched my legs (that was nearly 3 years ago though)

Everyone have a good day and talk to you later

gma22
03-04-2005, 05:56 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friends and Family Day. Make sure you spend some quality time with family some time this weekend!

Back in when you guys wake up!

desertseatingoceans
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Hello Ladies!
So not much is going on with me today. Though yesterday I got a 4 point day for the first time in like 3 weeks!! It feels pretty awesome. Im still on the hunt for a job. Check back in later.
nikki

gma22
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Nikki :bravo: good for you Nikki!
Julie :bravo: :dancer:

Looks like it is quiet here today again. Hope all is going well for everyone! I went back to bed and snoozed this morning after posting and making dh some breakfast. Least I can do since he goes to work at the crack of dawn. He never ever asks me for anything so I just surprised him while he was in the shower.

Ok, I am Kerplunked out. I guess we must have played that game 10 times last night with dgs! :lol: Then he played 4 games of checkers with his granddad. That child is a game playing fool, but we love to play with him anyway! We had a nice visit with he and his mother and I guess he has never had baked beans because he said, "Nonny, I LOVE these beans!" He ate 2 big helpings so his classmates at school should beware today! :lol: You know, back when there was so much strain with them and I wasn't getting to see him at all, I used to cry to dh that I was afraid he wasn't going to want to spend time with us or let me keep him because he would be afraid to leave his mom etc as we were almost strangers to him. He told his mom last night, "I love coming to Nonny and Granddad's, it is heaven!" Boy, did that make me feel lots better! :lol: There is truly nothing like having grandchildren!

Well, I need to get some stuff done. Have a good day everybody!

Amanda Panda
03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi all,

I'm just checking in to let you know that I've still not shaken this bug. I keep feeling better for a day, then really rough again. I have totally blown this week for exercise and feel really guilty about it - but I just haven't felt myself at all.

I'm sticking to my calories though, but I feel fat and lethargic just because I'm not exercising. I had a 35 minute walk yesterday as I had to rush out and buy a mothers day card, and my brothers birthday card. I'm just chilling today but am hoping to go swimming tomorrow - all this sitting around doing nothing does not help my mental health.

Have a good evening and weekend

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
03-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Good morning everybody!

I wasn't here yesterday cuz I had my root canal at 7:30am! :eek: It was only supposed to be a 90 minuted job. But apparently I have "difficult roots"....I was in the chair with my mouth open for 3 hours!!! AND it's going to take another 2 appts. before he can finish!!! GRRRRRRR.....anyway, I guess at least now I know what to expect. It wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.........DH held my hand while I got the numbing shots and the rest of the time I listened to my headphones and tried to ignore the pain in my upper back from sitting so long. I was also afraid I would hurt afterwards, but the ibuprophen is taking care of it.

Wednesday I had to teach two dance classes in a row (3 straight hours of dance!) and was so pooped! So I had 4 points for Wed. and 2 points for op yesterday. Today I'm on track for 4........I'm feeling really good about the food right now. I'm making lots of SF/FF jello and this AWESOME cheesecake recipe I found on the bodybuilding forum here....all it is is FF cottage cheese, SF pudding mix and SF jello!!!! There are hardly any calories, loads of good protein....I can eat as much as I want, and it really does taste like cheesecake! The only problem is that the kids eat it before I can get much.

Well, I've got loads of work to do today, so TTFN,
Julie

Satine
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Afternoon All - had a 3 pointer yesterday, today is one of my exercise day's but since it is nicer outside I may walk outside and give my back a rest from the treadmill...

Faye - Glad you had a good time with dg...some of my best memories are of playing games with my Grandma, she is 75 now and still loves to play...

Julie - that cheesecake recipe sounds good, could you tell me where to find it or pm it to me ...

Amanda - Hope you feel better soon!!!

Nikki and Sandy - HI !!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

gma22
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Carri: have a great weekend yourself! talk to you on Monday!

Julie: Hope you can get your tooth situation all sorted out. No matter what they say, I still think dentistry is in the dark ages. I know that we have dental insurance, but none of the network dentists use anything but NOVACAINE and I had a horrible experience as a kid and haven't been to the dentist in years and years because of it. I know it is stupid and dangerous, but truthfully just thinking about walking into a dentist's office makes me sick to my stomach. Hope you feel better soon!

Amanda: I know it is hard for you to deal with being sendentary, but trust me, the stuff going round is nothing to fool with and can come back with a vengeance. Find yourself a really good book to read and just relax until you feel better!

Nikki: Hope you find yourself a job really really soon! I know anyone would be lucky to have you!

Jan: Hope you are buried under mountains of snow. My son says they have over a foot just in one night! What is your granddaughter's name, did you say? Sounds like she is around Thomas's age.

SandyG: Hope all is well with you!!!!!!

Everyone have a spectacular weekend! It is supposed to be really nice here this weekend so I may get out the grill and patio set and get them up.

Faye ;)

gma22
03-05-2005, 07:58 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share your jokes and funny stories with us.

I don't know whether I will get back in here today or not. We really want to get the rest of the spring cleaning done. If I don't have a great day!

Mirabelly
03-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I just got back from a 45 minute Ski out in the beautiful 25 degree sunshine! I'm dripping with sweat, so I'm feeling good :lol: I never did get any exercise in yesterday. Just got sidetracked, but I still made 3 points. And today is going to be tricky. Ben is having his birthday party, and store bought birthday cake is one of my downfalls! I just love it. BUT I'm planning for it...I already exercised, so that's out of the way. And I bought myself some lowfat Breyer's mint chip ice cream, which is my all time favorite treat...and it's way better than cake. So, I'm just going to give myself a small bowl of ice cream when everyone else is eating cake and hope I can hold it together. :crossed: I know I'll be more successful if I just don't have ANY. Once I say I"m gonna have "one bite", it's all over!

Here's the cheesecake recipe:

Dissolve one pkg. of lemon jello in 1 cup of hot water (use lime if you want key lime pie!)

Put 2 cups of ff cottage cheese in the blender and blend until it's starts to get smooth. You may need to add a splash of milk to help it along. Once the jello is dissolved, pour it in with the cottage cheese. Now it should be nice and creamy.

Add 2 Tblspns. of vanilla or cheesecake flavored ff/sf jello pudding. Blend until it's all mixed. (once you put the pudding in, it will stiffen up quickly).

Pour it into a pie plate, or mini muffin tin for individual servings. and chill for a few hours. I put a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Also, you can line the pie plate with crushed graham crackers if you want a crust (but that adds calories).

You will not believe how yummy this is!!! And the ENTIRE PIE has only 200 calories!!! You can actually eat the whole thing if you want to, and you're being healthy. :D

Another thing you can do with cottage cheese is blend it up with a little milk and onion soup mix. It tastes just like onion dip, but full of protein and no fat! Of course, you can't eat it with chips, just veggies! :lol:

There are more cool recipes on the "ladies who lift" forum, check the "recipes" sticky.

Okay, gotta get going now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

TTFN,
Julie

desertseatingoceans
03-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Ya'll!
Weekends are so exhausting for me these days! Yesterday I went job hunting a little bit...Im applying at retail stores as well as offices. I drove by the park earlier this morning because I had to pick mi madre up. It made me kinda sad, because it is opening day today, and I am not there. I dont know if I am going to get excersice in today because I got a tattoo last night in between my shoulder blades. It hurt SO much more than my first one! It is still pretty sore from where the needle was grinding against my spine, and that is right were my sports bras lay. I am going to try to still do my ball and weight stuff...just no running around that requires the sports bra.
Funny stuff...when I checked my mail this morning, I had a letter from Miss Junior America telling me I am a candidate and all I need to do is apply for Queen of Houson. LOL. Thats funny even for random junk mail. Just the thought of me being a beauty queen.
Well I need to get some breakfast going, so I will do some individual replies in a little bit.
Yall have a wonderful day!
Nikki

gma22
03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is what celebrity would you like to meet and why?

Nikki: Listen, I think these pageants are disgusting. They still focus on what a woman looks like, ie PERFECTION! Perfection is determined by a bunch of dumbass judges and who died and made them GOD???? I know you are not down about it, but personally I think we are all pageant winners because we are all beautiful. I have no problem with beauty, just the fact that another human gets to determine what beauty is. One of the most beautiful sights I saw recently was a little 2 year old boy whose family was raising money for St Judes and the news here had him on tv. He was hairless, ill from leukemia and was going to die. He was here at St Jude's for treatment and had been battling his cancer since he was a tiny baby. He had gone into a short remission then this disgusting disease came back with a vengeance and stripped this family of that adorable child. One thing I noticed is that this tiny little boy always had a beautiful smile on his face. This kid had been poked, prodded, chemo'd, radiated to the point where no one should have to be but his little mouth always had this beautiful smile. When we think of beauty I think we need to think about what God considered beauty when he created us! He died about a week ago but I will forever remember how truly beautiful he was.

Julie: Everytime I hear you have been sking I think about the fact my dh thinks it would be fun to try and I shudder. First off, I could weigh a 100 lbs and still have a bad knee and secondly, I DON'T LIKE TO FALL DOWN! When I was a kid, I would go ice skating or roller skating and do crazy stuff just to keep from falling down in front of someone! :) I am glad you had such a great time.

Everyone have a good day!

Jana
03-06-2005, 12:06 PM
GoodSunday Morning to All; :wave:

God said itís not the outer beauty that we should look for in a person, itís the inter beauty in a person that counts.

I can not think of a single movie star that I would like to meet however I would like to meet Jane Paulie, Diane Sawyer & Oprah. They seem to live in the real world and what you see is what you get. :yes:

This week my weight stayed the same I am not discouraged I stayed with in my carb limits.
Jana

Amanda Panda
03-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi all,

I'm still feeling low and poorly so am just trying to rest up. I have been very low for the past few days and have noticed that I have started to go off track with my eating. On Friday I had a takeaway pizza :fr: (but just a small one), and yesterday I ate loads of white toast with full fat spread! I need to start exercising again and soon!!

I am in such a funk (as you Americans say!) and I need to get back in my routine again and get those endorphins pumping! I've got my counselling session tommorow which I am looking forward to - it should help me to sort my head out a bit.

I agree with Jan about celebrities - I hate the idea that they are 'someone special', just because they happen to do a job which puts them in the public eye and pays them enough money to feed a third world country. I particularly hate awards shows - there are so many of them and they are just celebrities giving themselves big pats on the back!! Don't get me wrong - I appreciate a talented actor or singer - I just don't think they should be held in higher esteem than a skilled teacher or doctor! So I've never been that bothered about celebrities - even when I was a teenager, a girl I knew asked me if I wanted to camp outside the latest boy bands house, and I just thought 'how embarrassing'!!' :lol:

Faye, that story about that little boy touched my heart - it's encouraged me to restart my voluntary work with the cancer charity Marie Curie .

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to faithfully, seriously commit to at LEAST 4 days of 4 pters (unless we are too ill). Unless we truly start on a pattern of working at this, we are not going to lose the weight we want to. Believe me, I am pointing at ME first!

Amanda: Since you are still kind of ill, I would suggest doing some things in a chair. Take a couple books or something and do some upper body. You can sit in a chair and do leg lifts and such. That will at least help to keep you motivated!

I am going to try something totally new and see how it works. I printed out a bunch of stuff, I was impressed with the fact it is healthy and not nutty and though I am sure most of the people that follow the program weigh much much less than I, I think I can do this just adjusting a little, ie rather than 45 minutes of weights, I will do 20 and instead of 20 minutes of jogging or high impact aerobics, I will do 20 minutes of fast walking on my treadmill. I guess I need to thank Julie for it as I went to the bodybuilding site to try and find the recipe for the cheesecake before she posted it and saw a bunch of people on Body For Life. I knew a bit about it but then went to their site and really researched. Anyway, I am going to try this and see if I like it.

Everyone have a good day and I will check in later

Mirabelly
03-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Good Morning everyone!

4 points yesterday. On track today. Faye, I'm going to pull out my BFL book and start working weights heavily too...a word of caution, though, the BFL site is loaded with supplements that they want you to use. Don't buy them, you don't need them!

If you want a GREAT site for awesome weightlifting information and inspiration, check out http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Under the "inspiration" section there's another section called "readers yak back" which is stories of people like us and their successes with weight lifting. Surprisingly alot of them are in their 50s and 60s and their stories and pictures are amazing!

Okay, I'm going to go get the weights out of the garage and start working today. It's sunny now, but we're supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow. Bleh.

I hope everyone is doing well!
TTFN,
Julie

Satine
03-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Morning All - Glad to hear that you all had a good weekend...I was off program Sunday but was on Saturday and did exercise, so one out of two is not bad, ha ha :lol: I am in for trying for four 4 pointers this week ...

Julie - So were you able to stay away from the store bought cake? I can never do that, I love those way too much ...

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better !!!

Nikki - I know those tatoos can get sore, my dh has quite a few, he said the most painful one that he has ever got was on the back of his calf, it looked painful...I do not have any but he is always wanting me to get one ...

Faye - How are you liking the treadmill? Is it hurting your back any? Maybe I am going to fast ...

Well gotta get back to work, talk to you all later!!!! :)

gma22
03-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Julie: Thanks for the info. I know about the supplements and phooey on them. I mean I guess if you want to do the actual bodybuilding stuff then that is different, but I take a mulptiple vitamin everyday and as far as their bars and shakes, I can either eat the meal or substitute with some other bar or shake. I am not paying over $50 for a box of their stuff. I did the upper body stuff today and whooeee! I did 25 minutes, which is good for a fat lady. There is this back crunch thing I thought I would die doing. For someone with less weight, I am sure it is not so hard but gracious that was hard! :) The meals are tiny kind of and having to get used to that is going to be a challenge, but I have weathered through worse. I had egg beaters and a serving or mandarin oranges for breakfast. I am supposed to eat again at 10:15 so I have to decide what to make.

I think I am going to get off my fat rear and get to work upstairs so you ladies have a good day!

Oh, I found out this morning the other neighbor is moving out. I went over there this morning because her washer was leaking into my bathroom again and she said they moved it last night so I am guessing since I found it this morning that they didn't empty the hoses before they took it and it leaked all underneath. Boy, can't wait to have two new sets of neighbors, UGH! At least the replacement for the one I talked to this morning will be decent as the previous owner moved and is renting it out now as well as several others he has here. He has done a lot of work on it and I know won't let just anyone rent from him. I want to get the ones on the other side out. Everyone sees them as pirriha (sp) She groaned when I even mentioned them.

Well, have a good day girls

Amanda Panda
03-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

Well I managed to get out for a gentle walk today and went to counselling and I feel ALOT better. I've decided to start exercising gently this week and gradually build up to where I was. I've rested for a whole week now and haven't felt any better or worse physically - but mentally I have really suffered for it (as you all know as I keep going on about it! :lol: ). So I think that perhaps I just need to work through it and some gentle exercise can only do me good.

Just getting out for a bit of a walk today has really lifted my spirits - I bumped into an old friend and we agreed to meet up for a drink which made me happy as I haven't got many friends here, so it will be good to get out. I also rang my other friend, who is now going to come and visit for my birthday at the weekend (my birthday is on Mon). So I've had a pretty good day really!

FAYE - Good news about your neighbours moving out - yay! I know me and Nigel did a bit of a celebratory dance when my noisy upstairs neighbours moved out. That Body for Life sounds interesting - maybe it is just what you need to shed those pounds.

CARRI - Well done for keeping up the exercise! If your back is hurting on the treadmill, maybe you are going too fast or at too steep an incline - or maybe you need a better sports bra?

JULIE - Hope the snow doesn't come - I'll try to send some Spring your way!

NIKKI - Any luck on the job/househunting front yet? I still think that the fairground have treated you really poorly - especially as it was they who built your hopes up with talks of promotion. To go from that to not even acknowledging you is disgraceful and I guess you are better off out of it. Things will pick up for you soon - you've had a bit of a run of bad luck haven't you?

JAN - Well done for maintaining last week - sometimes that's not as easy as it sounds! I don't know if I've put any weight on or maintained during my illness - I won't weigh till the end of the month to give myself a chance to get back on track!

SANDY G -Haven't heard from you for a few days - Hope you are just busy and not ill again!

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-08-2005, 06:40 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is skin care! We are getting out of the winter weather and many of us have skin care nightmares. Now is a good time to really tackle your skin and get it in shape for summer and summer swimsuits!

I got a 4 pters yesterday! Can't say it wasn't a struggle and that I am not sore sore sore, but it will go away.

I will be back in a litle later

Mirabelly
03-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi ladies,

3 points for yesterday.....I had to cancel dance class because we were supposed to get bad weather, then nothing happened after all GRRRRRRR.... I was mad all evening.

Today is icky, sleet/freezing rain/snow later....but I have a show this weekend so I have to rehearse. Definitely will get some exercise doing that. I also have to lift today. Don't know why I didn't get to it yesterday.

About the target today, I learned a secret about winter skin a while ago....if you slather on some sweet almond oil as soon as you get out of the shower and then let your skin air dry....your skin will stay smooth. No itchies, no scalies, and it even helps with stretch marks a bit. It takes a while to air dry though....sometimes I speed it up with a hair dryer! :lol:

Carrie, no I didn't manage to stay away from the cake :( 7 screaming little boys inside the house for 2 hours drove me right to it! But I gave them all extra big pieces so I wouldn't eat too much.

Gotta get the kids to school....hope everyone has a good day.

Julie

gma22
03-08-2005, 09:42 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Faye :bravo:

Julie: birthday cake is hard to resist! Ok, I originally posted I made it through the first BFL day and I did, but I looked up some info on a website all about different diets and I have decided to go back to what I was doing before. The information I found indicated that this was really only for bodybuilders and besides being hard to stick to , is not all that nutritionally sound. They said even the author admits it is not for people who are more than 30-40 lbs overweight. His plan is 12 weeks period. I am going to eat the smaller meals, do the calorie counting again with weights and treadmill combo.

Amanda: Always remember that exercise releases endorphins, which are our "feel good" neurotransmitters. If you are depressed, some exercise will always help some.

I finished about 99% of the last room needing spring cleaning. Dh has to help me get the new curtain rods up and move the vanity and I am cleaning upstairs today so everything will then be done. I have bags and bags and more bags of stuff for Goodwill in the garage though so I need to find some place to take them.

Well, hope everyone has a good day. I am getting a glass of water then going to rest a couple minutes and go up and clean. It is so nice feeling well enough to CLEAN! :lol:

faye ;)

Amanda Panda
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday.

Target Tuesday is very apt for me at the moment as I really need some advice about my skin. Since I've been exercising regularly my face has been sore, spotty and blotchy and it is really getting me down - as my clear skin used to be my one asset! When I sweat my face stings and also when I come back from swimming - today it is really red and blotchy because I've been swimming. I use a gentle facial scrub after exercise, sometimes twice a day - but I don't think it is the scrub that is irritating me - maybe it's the chlorine? I'm thinking of visiting my doctor about it as I've had it for weeks now. :(

My tip for smooth skin is to use a massage sponge - I always use a cheap sponge with a stiff side to stimulate the circulation. I am quite pleased that even though I am fat, I do not have cellulite and I think regular use of the massage sponge has helped!

Have a good evening!

Love Amanda x

gma22
03-09-2005, 06:35 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #99