Support Groups - hello from canada-addicted to chocolate!

jellybeanz
02-23-2005, 03:34 PM
:dizzy: hello, i am 26 years old, and have a 8 month old daughter. I have been overweight most of my life, due to being a sick child. My pre pregnancy weight was 240, i am currently 198#, and i would like to be between 140-150#. my problem is whenever it gets near "that time of that month" i crave chocolate and salt and could eat more than my husband!! and i dont know how to handle these situations. i try avoiding them for the days when i am craving, and in the end, i end up eating a ton of stuff all in one night, and feel guilty. I am steadily losing about 1to 2 lbs per week. so, i decided to try this forum for some online help and maybe to be able to encourage others as well. that's me in a nutshell.

lazie1
02-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey Jellybeanz, I'm from southern Alberta - and I too am addicted to chocolate - although it doesn't matter what time of month it is!! Congrats on the 42 pounds lost - that is awesome!! I just started doing one of the Firm videos this evening and am recuperating from getting my *** kicked! I actually had to stop a couple of times and rewind it to see what the moves were - and I still have no idea!

jellybeanz
02-25-2005, 07:54 AM
hey, i have the videos walk away the pounds, first video is 15 mins, 1 mile walk. second is 30min 2 mile walk, and 3rd is 45min 3 mile walk. it's not toooo strenuous but you get a good work out even with the first video(that's the one im one) i just up the tempo a little bit faster than the girl on the video. and having an 8 month old, the 15 min video is perfect, because i need to get stuff done while she's sleeping!!! good luck on your own weight loss.

Charlotte2
02-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey! Newbie from Ottawa here...
Also bad with the Monthly chocolate and salt...
But also bad with the eating carbs when its cold (I live in a house that is "early Reno" with insulation that leaves something to be desired..)

krazykellyontario
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I've been doing Oprah's Boot Camp Challenge for 2 weeks now and have lost 5 lbs. It's kinda strict but it's getting easier and easier as the days go on.
No carbs, and no sugar. Only whole wheat bread, pasta etc and can have them only 3 x once a week. No eating 2-3 hours before bedtime, exercising every day, drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day. I haven't had bread in 2 weeks and I'm not craving it. I haven't had a potato in 2 weeks and not craving that either. I eat alot of salads, tuna, grapes, grapefruit, fat free yogurt, chicken, lots of veggies and believe it or not....I'm not craving all those carbs. And I soooooo love my carbs. I'd eat 2 bowls of pasta....2 sandwiches....huge baked potato etc. When I make dinner and I make carbs for my dh and kids..but I just make extra veggies for me.

How did everyone do over the weekend?
Us Canadians need to stick together! Looking foward to learning more about everyone here.

bigmommajo
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
hello nice to see l'm not the only canadian on this forum l live in Claresholm Alberta,
l joined a little while ago .... still stuggling with ups and downs..... l think the cold weather makes us crave sugar l've been bad this winter to with wanting sweets. l find chewing sugarless gum helps it takes a few minutes to take gum out and put something else in your mouth. it works for me any how l wish you all the best. Jo

Charlotte2
03-01-2005, 08:18 AM
You know how some people can't eat when they are stressed? Not me! Just skidded my way into work in the snow - and I'm ready to shovel everything that comes along into my mouth as a passifier. (sp?)
One of those giant PC choclate bars would really hit the spot right now - does anyone have a substitute? I've tried drinking straight Cocoa for choclate cravings, and it kind of helps, but drinking something isnt the same as eating something.

krazykellyontario
03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
How about a chocolate fat free pudding? I had sugar free hot chocolate the other day and man did it ever taste sweet. Just between me and you though...I put some marshmellows on it! LOL
You'll have to find some low fat, low cal chocolate recipes. Keep them on hand for times like this.
Did you folks get more snow dumped on you? We did. Started late yesterday and is still snowing this morning. I'm sooooo sooooo tired of all this friggin snow. I can't wait till the warm weather comes. It feels like winter is dragging on for ever. I'm dreading the thought of having to go outside and shovel the blinkin driveway and sidewalk. I know it's classified as exercise but still.....I know when I'm done I'll be all sweaty and sore and frankly....I'm not looking forward to it! Man....I need to get myself a 4x4 and a plough!

tljl
03-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi here is a recipe i got somewhere off the site. I to am a chocoholic. I really enjoyed them. I did find that you need to use a blender or one of the hand mixers to get out all the lumps. I also used 2% milk instead of the skim, but with my popsicle things I got 5 instead of 4 so it worked out to be about the same number of calories. Also I am not a big fan of splenda and the like so I used stevia instead (each brand is very different and you really have to get used to the amounts, you need very little stevia to equal the amount of sugar you would have to use) oh and I also added more cocoa to mine.

Enjoy (they are obviously not a chocolate bar, but when your really having a fit they help)

Chocolate Popsicles

1.25 cup skim or 1% milk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 packets Splenda

Mix until smooth, and pour into popsicle molds.
Makes 4.

35 calories each

Charlotte2
03-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Humm... chocolate popsicles, that I will try! Especially if it EVER warms up!

Yep, got snowed on but good yesterday. I figure one more snow storm before spring. I can't wait, it is so much easier to exercise in the Spring than in the Winter - for example, I can pop out and do 20 minutes of gardening, rather than spending 10 min struggling in and out of winter clothing for 10 min of winter-stuff, which just doesn't seem worth it.

My grocery store used to carry PC chocolate-soya puddings that were pretty good & relatively low fat, although about as much sugar/calories as a yogurt - but I havn't seen them on the shelf for a while. Are these still around? If yes, maybe I can nag the store into stocking them.

jellybeanz
03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
hey, i found a good chocolate by nestle, it's a crunch bar, low carbs, no fat, and diabetics can eat it. it's ok..not big enough though!!! The weekends seem to kill me. I am pretty good all week, but come friday that's it. Sunday we eat out, and i just cant justify paying 8 bucks for a salad ( i know, i should buy it anyway) but i figure, im spending 8 on a frickin salad, i might as well spend 12 and get something that i actually want!!! :devil:

Charlotte2
03-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Crunch bar could be good...
I hear you on the $8 salads. Especially since so may restaurants put 3 pieces of iceburg on a plate with a slice of tomato and a piece of cucumber and call it a salad.

sapphire9
03-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Sometimes when you crave something it's better to eat a little of it than try to eat more of a substitute. Why not once a month got to Godiva and treat yourself to a dark chocolote truffle and savor it slowly. That won't wreak havoc with your diet and will satisfy your cravings. What's the name of that Nestle's bar. never heard of one with no fat.

krazykellyontario
03-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Jellybeanz and tjl...where abouts in canada are you folks?

I'm all about us Canadians sticking together...we are a...what's the word...minority group here.

Charlotte2
03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I hear you!
Nothing against Americans, but sometimes the grocery suggestions just arn't available at the IGA.

jellybeanz
03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
hey, the name of the bar is actually Nestle's crunch. It is basically chocolate covered rice crispies. its good. I am from Cambridge Ontario. we drive through simcoe all the time on our way to long point, or to see the lights around christmas! The thing for me about giving in and having that one piece of real chocolate, is i cant stop myself. I have will power for certain things, my chocolate is seriously my killer. It controls me once i get the taste. Now, i was craving chocolate and peanutbutter. so i did have my hot chocolate with my peanutbutter sandwich with it because i was craving it. I go to this club called Slimmin Wimmin. It's like a weight watchers, but 1000 times cheaper!!! we have a guideline of how much food we can eat, but we dont exercise. I started this club in mid september 2004 and i was 229, now i am 197.5 ( i went to cuba and gained 4.5#, i was down to 196 :o ) i have to admit, i dont exercise a whole lot and the last couple of weeks i've been steadily losing .5# a week. but in my defence, i have an 8 month old daughter here, so i dont do an exercise work out, but BELIEVE ME i dont sit around all day either!! i have found that i eat when im bored, i eat when im excited, i eat when im upset, i eat when im(fill in the blank) i LOVE food. to me, i would rather come home and cook steak and potatoes or whatever than go for a hamburger. I have also come to the realization that when i eat any type of starch (potato, bread, corn,mr. noodles) i gain weight. If anyone is interested in the basics of what my program allows for eating let me know and i'll go a little more into detail. Good luck you all. and i propose we let eachother know on a weekly basis how we did. I will be posting Monday night after weigh ins. I dont know how to use this very well yet, but im sure we could set something up for a site. i'll set it up as soon as i find out who's in! ciao

Charlotte2
03-04-2005, 02:58 PM
For me, its fat. Fried anything, butter, marg, also the fatty dairy - ice cream etc. goes straight to my seat. sigh...

Trixi
03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi girls! I read your posts from the beginning and found myself having a lot in common with you except for the chocolate cravings but at times I know I could trade my husbad for one lousy potatoe (and I like him) I am in Toronto and love the simcoe area in the spring and fall.

I am a definate grease and carb lover. I could never have a sweet again and would not miss it but life with gravy is just not worth living. Until now that is. Since Christmas I have been really bad with diet and exercise and this after losing the first 45 pounds! With another 25 to go I am ready to start anew, might even change my start weight so I don't always think to myself that gee I have done good, I have lost 45 pounds I can relax for a while. Maybe if I change it to what my current weight is it will motivate me.

I am doing the walk away the pounds dvd's as well (ok on Monday I am going to start doing them again) and starting Oprah's boot camp. I never thought she lost alot until you see people like Jessica Simson and Halle Berry stand beside her and she looks about the same size and I always thought they were tiny. I am sooooo proud of her and want to be just as proud as me.

To lose the first 45 I did low carb, low fat and drank tons of water. I exercised periodically and wished I had done more. If I elimate carbs I lose weight. You would think that since I know how I would have continued, but noooooo Christmas came and the gift I have given to myself is five pounds back.

I love that we are from Canada and hope you don't mind that I jumped in so late.

Take Care

jellybeanz
03-05-2005, 10:23 PM
HI!!! dont mind you jumping in. I think we are becoming eachothers "fat" supporters. and thats so COOL!!! i did bad this weekend. Had a show i D.J'd so i got home around 2am and had a whopper from BK...but MAN WAS IT GOOOD!!! :devil: we'll see how my weigh in's go on monday..im going to start the walk away the pounds on monday, again. and im aiming for 3 times a week......THREEEE...keep telling myself...THREEE :dizzy: great to hear you lost alot before, so did i, but slowly gained it back, but i vow, not this time!!

Trixi
03-06-2005, 10:37 AM
With spring just around the corner I want to greet it with a smile and be proud that I am working on me again. I have eaten everything I could get my hands on this weekend and vow it will be the last for at least 12 weeks and hopefully by then I won't be craving. My goal for March is to lose 7 pounds and get use to exercising 6 days a week. 3 at Curves and 3 doing the WATP's dvd's. I had worked my way up to the 3 mile but think I will start out with the 2 mile since it has been so long since I did it.

I am going to create a 12 week journal and plan meals, weigh myself only once a week (I step on that scale everyday) and log my water in take.

My father's memorial is today and I am going to see relatives I have not seen for years and I am kind of nervous. I don't want them to think I let myself go (even though I have) me and my dad have had a rocky relationship since childhood and I made a decision that to be away from him was emotionally healthy for me and so I had not seen him in awhile. I did not think his death would effect me as much as it has, but I guess that this point we all think of the good stuff and forget the years of torment. For me I always thought that if he was still alive there was always the chance that he would try to make amends and now that's not possible. Hopefully today will put closure on things and I will be able to forgive and move on. Sorry for the depressing note there.

Anyway it's going to take hours to create my journal and so I am off for now! Take Care.

jellybeanz
03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
alright everyone, i have started a journal *sigh*, my name is jellybeanz there as well, it's not that hard really. and i've added a few of you to my buddy list, so if you start a journal, let me know, so i can check up on how y'all are doin!! good luck all, i'll post tomorrow about my success!!!!! after weigh ins.

PS. and i've subscribed to this thread so i get messages about who's replying and i want to do the same, subscribe to your journal so i know what's goin on when you guys post. talk later!

Charlotte2
03-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Trixi
Sorry to hear about your dad, these things are always very hard. Although its easier to say than do, try not to get caught up in what the relatives think - they don't live in your shoes.

I also was BAD this weekend - lemon squares and ice cream and popcorn and steak and...
I usually do reasonably well all week, and then lose it on the weekends. SIGH...

krazykellyontario
03-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Like Trixi...I too ate everything I could get my hands on! And I was doing so good! I walked 5 times last week for 30-35 min. I think I thought that hey....I can eat that bag of chips because I can walk off the calories tomorrow. Well, the one good thing that came from having a bad weekend was that when I got on the scales this morning, there was no gain...but there wasn't no loss either.
So I'm back at it again today. Cept I didn't get my walk in today. Will walk tomorrow thru saturday.

Trixi--How did you manage yesterday with your Father's memorial?
I too am a carb addict. That is why I'm doing Oprah's boot camp. I'm trying to not eat any pototes, pasta, rice or bread. And if I do choose to eat any of those, I will eat whole wheat version. I'm into my 4th week of the boot camp and have lost 5 lbs so far. I mostly live on salads with the little clover leaf cans of tuna you can get in the stores. I love the lemon and pepper and the lemon and dill variety. If I'm home for dinner then I'll have some protien...and lots of veggies while I make my family pototes or pasta. For breakfast I'll have half a grapefruit...maybe some scrambled eggs with salsa, or a bowl of the new special k vanilla and almonds. For snacks...I live on grapes like you wouldn't believe. And Fat Free yogurt. I do poorly with the water though. When the warmer weather comes around I don't really have a problem drinking it.

Jellybeanz--I think I'm going to start a journal too. I have a recipe some where for frozen chocolate peanut butter cups. They were to die for. I'll look it up and post the recipes for you.

Charlotte--I too tend to not do well on the weekends. Maybe I'll be able to do better this weekend coming up.

Well I'm off to check out some other threads. I'll chat with you all later.

jellybeanz
03-07-2005, 07:33 PM
chocolate peanutbutter cups...excuse me while i wipe the drool off my keyboard!!!

well ladies....im sad to report that i am up 2 pounds this week..WTF!!! I was so disgusted with myself that i didnt even stay for the meeting at my fat club. luckily when i got home, my husband had my chicken breast sandwich and a salad already made, so i ate that instead of getting into cookies or whatever. I know i didnt do the best last week for food consumption, but still, i didnt think i did THAT bad either. so, new week, new goals. I just feel really down right now....i didnt do my WATP video today, because i was at mcmaster hospital and did some speed walking around the hospital for about 15 mins, so i did get a work out. But, im still going to do the video three times a week, so i have to do it tomorrow. I've never been this disgusted with myself. I only had a goal of 1/2 a frickin pound this week, and im UP TWO!!! encouragement...encouragement....... :shrug: :stress: :censored:

Trixi
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey ladies,

Yesterday the memorial was quick and quaint. Which is how I wanted it. Everyone looked the same and they had tons of pictures with me and my dad when I was younger. Everyone was really nice.

Today was day one for me and I have stayed OP alllllll day long. Yea me! I have yet to buy a journal but will do it tomorrow during lunch. I brought my lunch and am eating dinner right now and with that no food for three hours before bedtime I am going to have to stay awake in 11 at least. Dinner is tasty.

Kelly it was great chatting with you today, hope to do it again. I went to curves after work and even though I had been away for a month it was not too bad. Feeling pretty relaxed now.

Jellybeanz I am so sorry that the scale was not your friend this week, we got to keep at it and next week will probably be different, hey tomorrow might be different. I have weighed in one day and the next there was a five pound difference. Look at the big picture and you will feel better. You have lost 30 pounds so far and that is amazing and you know you can do it. Dont let it get you down ok? Big hugs.

Charlotte, weekends are definately a killer for me as well. We got to try and remember "there are no weekends in dieting" Maybe we should make at the begininng of the week a goal we want to achieve on the weekend non food related and hopefully it will distract us. This weekend I want to clean my fridge cause it is really gross and will probalbly take the whole weekend. It might even help curb my appetite cause I dont know what I am going to find in there. lol.

Take care ladies.

krazykellyontario
03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
I just got back in from my 50 min walk in this freezing cold! I tell ya...I can't wait till the warm weather gets here! This is nuts.
Well after having a bad weekend and then devoting myself to starting anew....well lets just say it go as I had planned. Hubby came home from work yesterday miserable and stressed from his job and that it's possible he might be out of a job at the end of march. So then I got miserable and stressed and went looking in the kitchen for anything to eat. I didn't exercise yesterday either and I felt like crap because of it. So today, I got up bright and early, had my breakfast, waited until dd was of to school and then I headed out the door for my walk. So far so good.

Jellybeanz--I looked for the recipe and I haven't found it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it for you. Sorry to hear about your gain, you'll just have to buckle down this week and work a bit harder to lose it for next week. Just like the song says...."if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and dust yourself off again"

Trixi--Congrats on staying op yesterday. Alot of people doing Oprah's boot camp says that week 2 is the hardest. I found week 3 to be for me. Just a heads up on what you might expect. I really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday. Looking forward to doing again. LOL Good luck with cleaning out your fridge this weekend.

Well, I'm off to check out a couple of more threads before I head out and run my errands. I'll check back in here later. Have a great morning!

jellybeanz
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
ok ladies!!! happyto report im in good spirits today, i've vacuumed, did laundry did my WATP 15 min video!!!!!! wooohoo :cp: :hat: :dance: I have already started my dinner for tonight, a beef dish with curry and oranges, and whole wheat rice. I weighed my portions, seperated my meat and ingredients for my portion of dinner to cook, from my husbands. I've munched on veggies as my tummy growels. I had an apple for breakfast and i've drank about 1.5L of water today. im gonna get it this week!! IM GOING TO!!! and i've got my meal planned for tomorrow. But i have to go buy an eggplant for it, has anyone ever had egg plant? is it any good?? taste? anyway, thought i'd post while my rug rat is napping. thanks for the words of encouragement ladies. :D

trixie: glad you got through everything ok. Im very proud of you getting through it without a melt down. You can create a journal on here, under the journal tab, you dont have to go buy one. Weighing yourself once a week is better pyschologically i think, because we fluctuate so much from day to day, And with your suggestion of getting something done this weekend to occupy us, my goal is going to be washing my kitchen floor. I have to get down on my hands and knees to get it really clean, stupid linoleum!! so that's my goal. oh, and to not pick at the food im serving at work on the weekend. I work in a nursing home as a cook/server. for only 11 hours every second weekend.

KrazyKelly: your name suits you perfect!! You went walking in this weather!!!! good lord :p and it's probably best you cant find that recipe just yet, im gettin toward aunt flow visiting, and if i have the recipe i foresee a baddd outcome!!! Im sorry to hear about your husbands job, it's stressful, i've been there. Keep yourself motivated, eating isnt going to change your situation, and will stress you out even more.

Charlotte: the weekends is where i blow it too. I dont have my meals planned for the weekends, and we grab whatever, whenever. and we usually go out on sundays to eat, and as i said before, i have trouble paying 8 bucks for a frickin salad!

Charlotte2
03-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I hear you on the weather - I want spring already!
Eggplant - alone it tastes like slime, but it picks up flavors from other things, so in some recepies, it is really good. Just make sure that if the recepie says to peel it - you do! Skipping this little step can make for icky textures.

hugemomof5
03-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I every one... newbie here. I too live in the great white north. i live in a little village 2 hours north of toronto. It is nice to know that there are other canadians here and that its not just me... i get soooo jellouse when some of the other ladies talk about thier warm weather ... :( but i guess we can't be snowed in for ever ...... right.......... right?????? :)

Trixi
03-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Holy moly it was cold today! I swear I backed up into January! Day two was a killer,got so stressed out. work sucks right now cause the lawyer has decided he needs to be in everyone business when usually he' okay with us makng the money and doing the work and every once in awhile he signs something.

I got up this morning at 5:30 am (use to waking up at 7) exercised, traveled the hour to work, worked 9 hours, went grocery shopping, put the laundry away, cleaned the kitchen, thank the good lord that my sister (she lives in my building) fed my daughter today (she is a beautiful 11 year old) or I would have simply died. But got all my water in and I am glad today is over. I was bad and skipped dinner, only because I got home at 8:30 and don't want to stay up for another 3 hours after that. Oh well, I will have a good breakfast tomorrow. So as far as day two goes, I made it.

Welcome hugemomof5! (only liking to call you that cause of the size of your family) I hate it when people talk about how balmy it is when I am freezing. Maybe in the summer when we are dying in the city we can come out there and lay around. What are the ages of your children? Tell us more!

Jellybeanz, way to go on not letting it get you down and getting back on track. Like Charlotte I am not a fan of eggplant alone, but as an additive I can handle it. Have no idea how to prepare it though. Because I am doing the no carb thing right now, your dinner sounded fantasic. My mouth watered. BTW thank you for the kinds words. :)

Kelly, week 2? sounds really far away, day 2 was bad enough, sorry to hear that things are stressful for you right now. hope it looks up and the lay off does not happen. Is he is a profession that it happens quite often? My hubby is in sheetmetal and they have there ups and downs as well. When he's working it's great pay but when he is not it's hard. Not only the money but then I have to deal with him not feeling productive.

My weekend is actually going to be pretty busy, taking my daughter and her friend for a manicure and pedicure on Sat (we have girls day out every so often) and Sun it's the fridge, took a gander today and it's pretty evil in there, I think I heard something talking to me.

well ladies it's time for me to go beddybyes.

Hope you all wake up tomorrow full of inspiration and empty of sorrow.

Dale

hugemomof5
03-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi Trixi... wow LONG day.

I agree, i think mother nature turned back the clocks on us... it feels like jan not March.

I did change the way my name reads.. to HUG E mom ( like Huggy ) sounds a little more positive.
As i said i have 5 kids. 6 months ( rhys ) 3 years ( Kieran ) 5 years ( alexander) 7 years ( Bethany ) and 9 years ( Alyssa )

Last night i decided to see if there was a TOPS group near me... and there was. it was starting in 20 minutes..... so i went. i decided if i waited a week to think about it i wouldnt go. what a nice group. havent read it all yet but im sure i will get the hang of it.

oh well i better go. Kieran ( my 3 year old ) had dental surgury today and is still groggy from the general anasthetic. but i will be back later.

Charlotte2
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
SO 2hrs north of TO - are you in Orillia? I lived in Bracebridge for a year.
Another COLD day today, I had to trundle myself down the street to french class this am (I work for the govt. and french class is mandatory) and it was HORRIBLE with the wind whipping between the buildings, so forget lunchtime exercise!
Anyone know of any good things to do with squash? My hubbie bought a couple from the grocery store on account of everything else looking like it had spent a few months on a truck (his words) and all my cookbooks talk about how great it can be if you add a mountain of butter or cream cheese - but I'm trying to go low fat.

hugemomof5
03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
no i live just outside a little place called shelburne.. about 20 mins north of orangeville.

you could add the squash to your mashed potato's to bulk them out. or stew it with some black pepper.

Trixi
03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Well Ladies, it;s been a pretty rough day for me. But that is usual. we sem to carry everything don't we? or maye that is just me feeling sorry for myself today,

I did not get any work outs in today and I hate that. But work really really sucked and than I got home and it was homework, dinner, kitty litter cleaning and even though it is only Wed I am ready for the weekend. I have not called in sick or had a vacation in almost two years and I think it is catching up. Geesh I am really tired.

Been really good with food no cheating at all, the Boot Camp has really made me focused and I am happy about that.

Ruthxxx
03-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Good morning from another Canadian - Rideau Lakes Area in Ontario. And yes, it's damned cold here too!

This has turned into a real support group rather than a buddy up thread. Would you like me to change the title when I move it to the Support Groups Forum? (We usually move Buddy Up Threads when they get this big.)

So nice to see so many Canadians posting.

Trixi
03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Same name sounds good to me. I will know where to find us :)

Ruthxxx
03-10-2005, 10:48 AM
OK. I'm about to move but will leave a re-direct in here. PM me if you all decide to change the name later. "Canadian Chocolate Cravers" maybe?

jellybeanz
03-10-2005, 12:17 PM
no no, keep the name, as Trixi said, we'll know where to find us!!! well ladies, i went to the dr. today, learned that the left side of my back is killing me because i have pulled the muscles that control the shoulder blade area ( i guess carrying a 9 month old 20# baby will do that to you!!) Now, my dr says i am 196# today, but i bet when i go to my S/W (slimmin wimmin) meeting on monday, they will say im more than that....i give up... frickin cold today :( , i was going to go for a walk today but...im not that dumb! ( no offence to the rest of you who have the nerve to do it!! :lol: ) i didnt do too badly yesterday for eating. and i walked around Costco for about 2 hours. I am going to do my WATP video tonight. and i am making a veggie casserole thing, minus the egg plant...i havent heard great things about it, and im already adding zuchini to it, and that is bad enough!! later chickens, good luck with your weight loss today, keep strong.

Trixi
03-12-2005, 07:37 PM
We are going to get really lost if we don't post more often eh? Hope every one is doing good and staying as OP as possible. Took my daughter and her friend out today for a girly day. It was alot of fun. I had a great time being with them.

How is everyone doing?

Dale

jellybeanz
03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
hi all, did ok this weekend. over ate a little, but that's nothing new. i dont know what is wrong with me this past week i am eating everything i shouldnt...well i know what's wrong, i have three pills left in my birth control cycle. i didnt work out this weekend, but i did work 6 hours a day on sat and sun in a nursing home running around, didnt even sit the whole shift, so by the time i got home i was too tired, so i guess that's a work out. anyway, weigh ins are tomorrow, and i am a little unsure of how the scales are going to be this week, im retaining that much water that i cant even get my rings on!! ok, tomorrow i start my new job, and back on track for me...no no....for real this time!!! haha not promising too much exercise next week though, im starting a new job after being off of work for the last year with my baby so it's going to take some getting used to, but, im going to eat properly. that's my goal for the week. plain and simple so i dont blow it. ciao chickens. hope you had a good weekend!! :p

Charlotte2
03-14-2005, 01:01 PM
yep, also bad on the weekend - but not as bad as last weekend, right?
I have no problems with doing my areobics tape (I got a second, old tv, and I parked it on top of my "real" tv. the areobics tape plays on the one, and whatever I want to watch is on the second - now, I'm so in the habit that I can't watch TV without swinging my arms around!) But for some reason, I can never seem to get motivated to do my silly little weight routine. Its not like I'm trying to lift a million tons, just some simple exercises with 5lb weights - but its always the part that I skip!

Trixi
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Charlotte, not a bad weekend at all, you get the exercise in, that's what counts!

Me I am trying.....very stressed at work, love to work, not so liking the people I work with. Guess that happens in every job, huh?

We need to stick together!!!!!! That's what is going to make us do this. No matter how many times we slip, as long as we have someone or somewhere to go to, we will be okay.

Take care

Dale

jellybeanz
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
ok ladies, couldnt wait to get online and report my weigh in yesterday, are you ready??!!!! drumroll please :flow1: :goodvibes .... THREE POUND LOSS!!! :dance: :grouphug: :queen: wooohoo. i met my march 14th mini goal challenge!! I have kept true to my word, i have been bringing veggies, and a pita bread and low fat turkey to go on it, and fruit. Lots of water. so my goal for monday is 2 pounds next week. we'll see. and now i know what was wrong with having the munchies last week. I started my period the day i finished my pills (which is weird). and how did you ladies do????? :D

Charlotte2
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Yay! 3lbs! I lost one, which is what I was aiming for, so I'm happy. At least I was until some evil vixen filled the office Candy jar with chocolate, but I'm trying to stay "strong"!

jellybeanz
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Do you ever notice how it's always some skinny little witch who puts the most tempting treats right there for everyone to take some and enjoy. I feel like slapping them for putting me through the torture every day!!! Today, we had at work. banana bread with a coconut topping of some sort, cinnamon buns, chocolate chocolate chip muffins, and poppy seed muffins ( the huge zehrs ones), and it was a skinny little thing who brouch in that stuff, but, i did good. I only had one piece of the banana bread stuff! glad to hear about the one pound weight loss. I wouldnt aim for too much per week if i only had 17# to go because it gets harder as you have less to lose. From my experience, it's easier for me to lose weight the further i am from my goal. Good for you on keeping strong. ciao, talk later.

Charlotte2
03-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Yep, the evil chocolate provider is a skinny little whisp of a thing! And of course, she says "oh, just one won't hurt" - skinny people don't get it!
I get that at home, too. My husband is 6 foot and (no exaggerating) 140lbs. He and other members of his family eat an unbelievable amount of food, and often act surprised that I can't do the same (I now have a reputation as a very "picky" eater!). I'd be jealous, except that it always takes him twice as long to get over being sick as it takes me - and I'm sure his lack of reserves has something to do with it.

Very well done with just eating the banana bread, I admire your self control.

jellybeanz
03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Hello ladies, how are you all?? My weekend went fairly well. I managed to stay on track for the most part, didnt get a whole lot of exercise done, but i did go dancing friday night for 3 hours. and im sore from it now! I bought a pedometer today, so now i will know exactly how far i walked during the day. I have my weigh ins tomorrow, so hopefully the scales will be good to me again, but, i'm retaining alot of water, aunt flow is visiting, so i know the scales dont reflect my weightloss accurately around that time. Well, hope you all had a good weekend, and managed to stay on track.

Charlotte2
03-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey! Dancing definetly counts as good exercise, especially if you boogied hard enough to be sore the next day.
I guess I wasn't bad, in terms of weekend behavior. Not perfect (there was a angel food cake... which would have been ok-ish until I said "sure, a little ice cream would be nice")
I just can't wait for SPRING. I keep looking outside making gardening plans (which is at least better than sitting around, exercise-wise) and all I see is SNOW.

krazykellyontario
03-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Well....where to start? Let's see.....I fell of the wagon, then got ran over by it. Then it backed up and ran over me again! So I've picked myself up and dusted myself off and I'm ready to go at it again. Just not today...lol I had planned to restart my diet and exercise program, but it didn't happen that way. So tomorrow I will put my best foot forward and regain control in my life.

krazykellyontario
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Where is everyone?
Well, today was my first day of my restart to dieting and exercising and so far so good. I'm kinda doing the very low carb thing or Oprah's Boot Camp Challeng. I did it for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs then fell of the wagon and regained 4 lbs.
Anyways...today I've had my breakfast and went for my 50 min walk. It's gorgeous out there today so no excuses for my not to have gone. Though I wish I would of worn something a little lighter underneath my walking gear as I'm sweating like a pig! Oh well, the joys of being thin!
Well I'm off to check a few other threads before I get my lunch ready. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Kelly

LeanneM83
03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
My name is Leanne
I am 26
Canadian- I live in Petawawa, Ontario
I am a CHOCOHOLIC

My baby just turned 6 months old I am at my goal weight and finding it HARD to fight off the choco-monster and the sweet-cheats....But, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has this problem. :lol:

Leanne

SW 204 (sept 21/04)
SW 190 (brought dd home from hospital) Sept25/04
CW 127
gw 125-130

krazykellyontario
03-22-2005, 02:20 PM
The more the merrier! Exactly where is Petawawa? I'm in Simcoe...which is very close to Lake Erie.
I'm not addicted to Chocolate....but pretty much to everything else! It looks like you've done really losing the weight after your last baby was born. Good for you!
What kind of diet and exercise are you doing?
I'm following(kinda) Oprah's boot camp challenge. I'm restarting today as I've fallen off the wagon for the past 2 weeks. Need to get my butt in gear again.
Looking forward to reading your posts here.

welshgirl
03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi. I am 27 and from ontario canada. Just thought i'd post a message. I am a new member and just started my journey to health today. I hear you Charlotte about the IGA. lol Would appreciate any messages and new buddies. Ciao for now!

LeanneM83
03-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Hello again fellow Canadian hottie Ladies...

Yes, I have been working my butt off, literally since having my daughter. I was in a wedding on New Years eve, so that was GREAT motivation to watch my eating and workout A LOT.
Right now I go to Curves at least 2-3 times a week and I run a few times a week, or go on the elliptical...I live on an Army base so we have a FANTASTIC gym here....and tons of motivation!!

Kelly, Petawawa is about 1.5-2 hours north of Ottawa, but I am originally from FOrt Erie/Niagara Falls.

Happy Tuesday
Leanne

krazykellyontario
03-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Welcome Welsh girl!

Leanne--hubby and I were just in Niagara Falls on Saturday to spend the day there for a small get away.

Nothing new and exciting with me since yesterday. I did get my 50 min walk in and I'm planning on getting another one in today. Eating was very good yesterday. Just gotta figure out what to have for dinner tonight. Thinking salmon.
Well I'm off to get my dd ready for school. I'll back in here later. Have a great day.

hugemomof5
03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
hey ladies.... im still here.. just lurking.... i did have a loss this week :) 3 and 3/4 lbs .... i was ssssooooooo happy.
Glad to hear your all doinhg great too.

kl_life
03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Im 23yrs. old and moved to Winnipeg, MB in November to reside with my newly married husband. I told myself that once I got here I would begin the battle of the bulge and attempt to kick my addiction...no not to chocolate but to cigarettes (man are they ever expensive).
I joined the gym, along with a TOPS group and I have lost a total of 11lbs. However I too fell off the wagon, more soo with eating than anything, and just yesterday decided it was time to leap back on. I ate sensibly and got a good 2hr workout in at the gym with my husband. Im going again today!!
I have managed to kick my addiction to smoking for the most part (occasionally i smoke when i drink), but the reallllll big problem is with what oprah calls "the white stuff". I crrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaavvveeeee bread, potatoes, pasta, and rice really bad. I started yesterday by attempting to cut them out but its soo hard.
Oh yeah I can definately relate to the difference in american grocery stores and canadian grocery stores....I have a heck of a time finding the things here at the store that i want compared to back home. Ahhh its all soo new to me yet.
Hope everyones having a great day and I look forward to the journey with you...one day at a time!!!!

oh yes i was gonna ask...."how many of you are or have used the "walk away the pounds" videos??? I was considering buying them(i hate going to the gym on the weekends...its waayy too packed)
kari (kl_life) :tread:

Charlotte2
03-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Hey, welcome new people!
I've been quiet lately on account of work (I SO wish I was independently wealthy!)
I can't say I've been a diet angel, but yesterday, I turned down free cake, pop, and then cookies at an afternoon meeting. I'm especially proud of myself for skipping the cookies because they were RIGHT in front of me for the whole 1hr meeting - I could SMELL them the whole time...
So now I just have to make it though the weekend, always my worst time... Add in the Easter thing (gulp!) - Maybe I should just declare one day a "off diet" day, rather than picking at bad things all weekend & saying "well, its easter..." It might work out better, calorie-wise.

jellybeanz
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
good for you charlotte!!! :cp: :cp: I too have the temptations at work, i work at a food supplier for all major restaurants and we constantly have food there. just today for example, a huge chocolate easter bunny was on my desk, and we had chocolate chip cookies :cookie: (the store bought home made ones) fruit struddles, chocolate easter eggs, jube jubes, and english muffins. :nono: and all week they have been bringing around jube jubes and chocolate eggs. but i've been good and i brought all my treats home to my husband. but on monday i was up a frickin pound. :mad: i dont get it!! i ate everything i was supposed to last week, i did more exercise that i've done in a long time, up and down the stairs at work( i went back full time from mat. leave) and went dancing and belive me, i sweat like a pig when i go dancing because i dont leave the floor!! and i was up a pound!!!! WTF!!! the only thing i can convince myself to believe is it's because aunt flow's in town and im retaining water, and the possibility that i gained some muscle mass. :shrug: For easter, i have vowed not to over do it, and i only bought one little chocolate covered strawberry marshmallow thing for my daughter, and baby cookies (she's 9 months) i REFUSE to blow all my hard work because it's easter..no way. i work my :censored: off to hard to lose the few pounds i do!!! good luck this weekend ladies, keep strong!!! welcome to the newest members of our thread, sorry havent been around in a while, busy starting back into work again, im so tired when i come home, i just have dinner, clean for about 20 mins because my house is like a pig sty since im so tired when i get home ( ok, maybe that's an exageration...but it's not as clean as it should be :headache: ) and then it's off to bed.

oh and Kl i have the WATP videos they are good, not too strenuous but a good work out if you lift your legs higher than the tape or use the weights the whole work out( i use 1pound water bottles because my shoulder muscles are torn) and i find it good. i too hate the gym, and the first 1 mile video is only 15 mins, i do it (when i have time) in the evenings, but now that it's getting warmer im looking forward to walking outside.

oh and FYI LADIES...dont waste your money on a pedometer...it's not accurate enough to base your exercise regime on...waste of my money.

later chickens.

hugemomof5
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
:(:( bad me i just ate a whole pack of choc cookies.didnt even notice i was doing it till i was finnished...... i hope i can stop now.

jellybeanz
03-25-2005, 11:52 PM
WHAT??? a whole pack of cookies???? like a big bag full??? darlin darlin....you need to get yourself under control!!! what's causing you to eat so much all of a sudden? you've lost 15# what's up?? do you not have veggies in the house to snack on??? get some strength girl!!! keep your weightloss going!!!! you are worth it!!!! i dont want to find you on here all depressed next week and up 5#!!! you worked too hard to lose what you have, dont blow it!!! me, i wont touch a single piece of chocolate because i know i cant stop!!! so dont have that cookie..unless it's the last one in the house and you cant eat anymore even if you wanted to!!! good luck girl...keep your chin up and get your motivation back!!!! ;) :strong: :stress: :grouphug: :balloons: :yikes:

LeanneM83
03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
mmmm, easter is a chocoholics worst nightmare and BEST DREAM eh? I had a few pieces of chocolate, I didnt overdo it at all, and I went for a run each of the past few days too....wow, I SURVIVED EASTER.....I hope everyone else did too....
Happy Easter monday everyone!

Leanne

cw 126.8

Charlotte2
03-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Ate a whole box of choclates (like 12 little square things), a large portion of a BIG toblerone and probably 1/6th of a cake, all told - in other words, I was HORRIBLE. I just can't have food like that in the house! I didnt weigh myself this weekend - I'll wait until next weekend when maybe the damage will be somewhat mitigated!

LeanneM83
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM
EASTER IS EVIL.... :lol:

Leanne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-cheer/lb/204/125/126.8/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

jellybeanz
03-28-2005, 09:28 PM
well ladies, i had weigh in's tonight. I am up 1.5#...but i got the bmi and my measurements done and i've lost inches, and i have lost 12# worth of fat since the end of january, so the scale is up, but im gaining muscle, and im retaining water. Hopefully next week i'll start to drop again. I didnt do badly over easter, i dont think i had any junk food. Glad to hear you all had a good easter, and now i want to know the goals you are setting for yourselves by the end of april!! mine, is to lose 6#, that's a realistic goal, and one i should be able to keep. :dizzy:

LeanneM83
04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Hey Everyone

Good Work JellyBeanz....too bad the scale doesnt reflect the inches we lose eh? way to go on the loss... :D

I stepped on my scale this morning and it said 125.6 YAY YAY YAY...I am thrilled!...now I have to tone up my post-3-babies-in-4-years-saggy-skin and I'll be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

Hope everyone is doing great, this weather is starting to make me think summer is coming-YAY!! Thank god all the SNOW is melting!

Happy FRIDAY!

Leanne
CW 125.6

Charlotte2
04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Yay for you!
Although we are supposed to get snow tomorrow, so *sigh* as far as that is concerned!

Charlotte2
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
So.. finally weighed myself after my easter / girl guide cookie binging... up a pound. I guess it could be worse, but changing that little ruler backwards sure wasn't fun! So now, I'm probably looking at a day or three of cravings, getting back on track. Sigh. Seems to be thing with me lately, getting off track at work, with school projects, with eating... I used to have willpower and discipline. I guess I left it someplace...

shenaniganzz
04-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi there!

Do you all mind if I join you? I am from Ottawa, too, and REALLY want to lose the 30 pounds I've put on over the last year and a half.

I always weighed 120 which, while a healthy weight, made me look a bit gaunt. After getting married (and stoping waitressing...high activity), I put on about ten pounds...which was ok. However, my DH and I quit smoking together and I put on about 15 pounds. At that point I was at the upper limit of healthy for my height, etc. All the while, my husband and I were trying to conceive and shortly after my quit gain, I was put on fertility meds (and have been on them for over a year and a half now..off and on) and I gained more weight - too much!

We haven't been successful yet, but this weight is too much. Our infertility has been hard enough and now I am miserable with my self-image.

I find my biggest challenge is self-control (not putting food I don't need on my plate, not having more than one yummy marg when we go out..etc.) and forcing myself to exercise. I think it's a viscious cycle..I am unhealthy and too tired to exercise, but I need to exercise in order to get healthy! :?: I think having support and being a part of a group will help immensely - if you'll have me! :)

Anyway, my current weight is 166 and my goal weight is 135. I am calorie counting (appx. 1200 daily, down from appx. 2000+) and I am working on exercise...trying to determine if I need a schedule, etc - do you find it helps to stay committed if you've set aside specific days? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

LeanneM83
04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Welcome Shenanigan!

to answer your question, yes I do set aside days for certain exercises. I workout at curves 2-3 days a week and run 2-3 times a week. It helps a lot because I have my plan set 4 weeks in advance so I know when I am working out and where. My hubby is on paternity leave right now so I am able to work out everyday now, but when he goes back to work I will have my workout schedule ready and I wont miss a workout or procrastinate on doing one....lol...I think you will do GREAT, support really helps!
Charlotte- mmmm girl guide cookies...I am waiting for mine to come....mmmm Bad, bad me....stop....lol
Alright ladies, happy Monday!
Leanne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-cheer/lb/204/125/125/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

shenaniganzz
04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks Leanne!

How long did it take you to lose your weight? I see you've met your goal - congrats!! :D

LeanneM83
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi there

Well sept 21th/04 (day before I had my daughter) I was 204. I came home from the hospital on sept 24th, I weighed myself on sept 25th and I was 190. So it has been just over 6 months. LOTS of hard workI followed a VERY strict diet and exercise program! It was ALL worth it!
Anywho, thanks for asking....good luck to everyone today....( the choco monster is rearing its ugly head in the form of girl guide cookies.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)
my before and after (well about 6lbs bigger than I am now) are in the member gallery under leannem83

Leanne

shenaniganzz
04-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi again,

I will have to have a look at the pics. Would you mind sharing what your exercise routine was?

IKWYM about the GG cookies...DH bought two boxes. Hopefully he heats them soon! ;)

jellybeanz
04-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey ladies, had my weigh ins on Mondy, down .5#!!! better than being up i guess. I have to get on a serious plan here, and i cant seem to get motivated lately. I think its this weather!!! Im going for a long walk in the park this evening with my husband and daughter (weather permitting) so that should help me lose some more by next week, and i have to work at the nursing home, on my feet running around for 7 hours on sat and sun. Hope your weeks are going well!!!

LeanneM83
04-06-2005, 07:56 AM
:cb: :high: Good Morning Ontario Ladies!

Shenanigans....well, since having my daughter I first started out with a strict diet and I would use the elliptical 3-4 times a week and run 1-2 times a week...In November I joined Curves...(only due to my time constraints for working out), BUT along with diet and running a few times a week I shed the pounds...for me, running however far or short ALWAYS works to get my back into shape...So now that I am at my goal weight I go to curves 2-3 times a week and run 2-3 times a week...Plus, I am chasing my kids all day long and taking them for walks, and as soon as the snow is gone I will be running with the 2 youngest in a jogging stroller....for me I need VARIETY....dont want to get bored of something I will need to do for the rest of my life,right?!

Anywho, yes this morning my scale said : 124.4 :high: :dancer:
I am THRILLED!! That is slightly under my goal weight, BUT all goals are made to be changed...I am now changing my "GOAL" to my 10km run for this year.
and I am hoping to run a 13km race in October...

Happy Wednesday to everyone! Cheers!

Leanne

Goal: Run 10 km by May 29th
Long term goal for 2005 : run the half-marathon Casino run- 13.1km Oct 23

Charlotte2
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm back... and depressed about my weight still. I have to get more serious about cutting back on calories. Wishful thinking is not enough! At least the weather is getting better, so more opportunities to do stuff outside on weekends, although I also have to get caught up with my school work, which I am way behind on from having been outside for a couple of hours last weekend when I was supposed to be researching an essay. Although, tomorrow I am giving blood, and I figure the cookies that you get from Blood Services are calorie free, on account of needing to replace lost calories from donating. (Although, this kind of logic might be why my weight isnt moving!)

jellybeanz
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
hey all, weigh ins tonight went well, the scale was my friend. i am down 3.5#!!!! seems my rut may finally be over, just hope i can keep it going. I ate a ton of cookies lastnight. But tonight's weigh in gave me a little extra motivation! I bought a weight watchers scale, which does the BMI as well. It weighed me at .5# less than my club and my BMI was pretty close to what they said at club as well. so it was in my opinion, worth the 70 bucks!

Charolette: It's hard to be motivated lately, for alot of people. Dont know if it's the weather change or what!!!! Dont expect to lose your weight reallllly fast, you only have 17# to go, i've heard it's harder to lose weight when you are that close to your goal. Leave the cookies in the cupboard, and i'll do the same!!
Good luck this week!

jellybeanz
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi all, I had weigh ins tonight, It's a bitter sweet result. I lost half a pound :cb: but i was short of my goal to get my #35 ribbon by half a pound :shrug: So, i guess at least i wasnt up half a pound!!! My new goal is to get my #40 ribbon by the end of march, which means a 5.5# weight loss for the month. :goodluck: I am trying to stay on track, watching the foods im eating, and trying to do more activities. With the summer I am hoping for more walks. Wondering how you ladies are doing. Seems we arent as tight of a support group as when I first started this thread. It's really too bad. Good luck to you all. :?:

jellybeanz
05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Well tonight I had my weekly weigh in. I lost #1.5, and finally got my #35 ribbon!! yay!!! :joker: :bravo: :cp: Now I have to lose another 4# to get my #40 ribbon by the end of May, at 4 weeks left to weigh ins, I know i can do it!!! I've been on track, but still had a treat here and there. I still think investing in my weight watchers scale was the best thing i ever did!!!

elainadd
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I just joined 3FC yesterday and this am (yes, it's still morning in my part of Canada) found this thread. I'm trying to lose weight after pregnancies -before my first dd I was 165, at full-term I was 191 and never lost it. I was so sick for the 1st 5 months with my 2nd dd that I was still 191 full-term. She is now 11 1/2 mths and I've only dropped a few #.

I'm back to work at the end of this month (you gotta love the 1 yr mat leave) and am worried that I will stop my daily walks once back behind a desk. Plus my co-workers are foodies too, but they have self-control. Also, there are a bakery, deli, and fast food places in our mall. Being home means having to take a long walk or drive to get junk to eat.

I've been lucky that BC has had good weather and have been walking my dd1 to and from daycare 3x a week since Feb. That's pushing dd1 35#, dd2 20# in a stroller for minimum 15 mins each way. But I use the exercise as an excuse to eat crap. Wed I ate 2, yes 2, Mars bars before noon! Normally if I have chocolate in the house, it's in the freezer but I've discovered that Caramilk bars are yummy frozen.

I'm so glad I found you guys. All the posts are from "back East", any other Westerners lurking out there?

Take care,

jellybeanz
05-11-2005, 08:35 PM
hey all, welcome Elaine!!! nice to find another Canadian who has joined. I really dont know what happened to our other fellow Canadians.
I had my weigh ins lastnight, I was down .5#, better than being up i guess!!! now i'm 3.5# from my 40# ribbon. I sooo hope I get it by the end of the month. I've been pretty good. I had a piece of chocolate cake lastnight. I have a daughter who will be 1 in June, and I have had to work really hard to lose the weight. But I am determined!! noone can put food in your mouth YOU (ME) are the reason we are fat...that's the bottom line. remember that. Good luck, keep on the wagon!!! it's sooo worth it when you get there.

Charlotte2
05-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Hey, I'm one of the guilty ones who havn't posted in a while... In my case, its depression since I havn't lost a single pound. Sure, I have great intentions, but then stuff happens (usually time related) and I end up eating whatever happens to be around, which is not good. [I really can't stomach raw fruit and veggies, and do I get organized enough to have cooked fruit and veg on hand? No.]
But. Today is another day, and so far, I've been very good. [Of course, its only 8 am!]

elainadd
05-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Ugh, I know what you mean about having prepared stuff on hand. I can handle raw stuff but HATE the prep work soooo much. Although I try to buy ready prepped stuff, it's still seems easier to eat "other" things. Now that my dd is 3, she wants whatever I'm eating and her little sister (1 tomorrow!) wants what she has, so I have been trying to set a good example.

Today is a good day so far. Not even 9:30 and I've walked for 35 mins already. Both of my dd are in daycare today and true to my promise to myself, I walked them there - that's over 55 lbs in the double stroller!

Well, must go shower and then it's off to the polls as it's election day here in BC. OK, I'm having coffee before I help decide the fate of the province.

Take care and don't despair ;) ,

Elaine

KristinP
05-23-2005, 02:53 AM
Hello! I'm hopping in here. Hope there is room for one more! I was drawn to this thread by 2 of my favourite C words: Canada and Chocolate! Along with Cake, Chips, Cheese, ... need I go on? Ha ha ha ha.

jellybeanz
05-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Hello all, i had my weigh in last night...holy crap i was up THREE pounds!!! but i did have a good two weeks gaining it, and i had lost for 8 weeks previous. Today im back on the wagon and determined to lose the weight i have to. I AM going to get my #40 ribbon by the end of June, it just sucks because i was only 1# away from it, and i went and ate what i wanted (well, not everything) and i gained. But surprisingly, Im not depressed. i've come to the realization my weight is going to go up and down, and for the most part I try to stay on track, and that odd week that i go camping or have TWO birthday parties and i eat like a horse, im not going to feel guilty!! instead im proud of the 35+ that ive lost since starting at slimmin wimmin (it's actually 52# total) and im happy with me. Im happy with who I am, and most of all, Im happy that I know this week I will do whatever I can to make sure I do not gain, instead of eating cookies to drown my sorrow over gaining. :D

Hi Spanky, glad to have you. good luck with the weight loss, I used to LOVE chocolate, but now..if i eat a couple of pieces of a chocolate bar, im done, it's too sweet. and i NEVER thought i would get to that point. Congratulations on your huge weight loss so far!! keep up the wonderful work.

I hope the rest of you ladies in your silence are not feeling defeated. You joined this forum for support and I joined looking for support, and that's what we need to do!! it only takes 10 mins of your time to update us and let us know what you are struggling with so that we can help one another with ideas to get us through those cravings!! :grouphug: :callme:

Charlotte2
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Ok, so I'm eating a chocolate bar for breakfast. How bad is that? Sure, I have all kinds of excuses, but the bottom line is - I wanted it. Sigh.
Aside from lousy eating habits, my scale is giving me greif - If I weight myself three times, I get three different readings. Since its impossible to gain 10lbs in 3 minutes, I'm thinking something is wrong with it. I'm tempted to just chuck it out and measure myself using pant sizes, [more healthy approach] but it takes SOOO long to lose a pant size, is that a doomed to fail strategy?

Sandy00
06-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi all;

The scale is moving slowly, but I will get there :strong: . I just ordered the Project You by Kathy Smith, I already have slim in 6 and walk away the pounds, it get sooooooooo boring doing the same old exercises over and over-plus you keep working the same areas :dizzy: .
Slim in 6 is up for a heating healthy challenge and it starts today for me, no cheating what so ever and I am going to achieve that challenge :goodscale , it will lead to successful results.

Sandy

jellybeanz
06-23-2005, 07:04 PM
ok, well, i vowed today would be day one of my no sweets whatsover...i go to work...they bring around frozen yogurt cones, like an ice cream cone except with yogurt. I work in a place that supplies restaurants with food. I work in the office and we get treats quite often. so that's fine, i have not ONE...but TWO..then i decide hey, im going to go for dinner, for chinese food, and i ate almost 3 plate fulls of deep fried chicken fingers with plumb sauce...because i was craving it. I think it's because im close to the end of my birth control pills this cycle. I got my 40# ribbon on monday and since then i cant stop eating!!!! anyway...tomorrow, im on track. that's it.

Charlotte2
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
So, I'm back - not actually sure what I weigh now, because I havn't replaced my wonky scale. But, since my pants aren't sliding down & I'm still doing up my bra at the same clip, well, I'm going to have to assume that I havn't lost anything. On the plus side, since I'm still wearing the same clothes, I guess I havn't gained a huge amount either! Which I suppose is pretty good, since I havn't been "dieting" in the hard core, calorie counting sense of the word - just trying to avoid stuff with lots of fat.

chiky1959
07-18-2005, 09:58 PM
HEHEHEHE I like that Charlot2. I like that way of measuring too. My scale is caputs:tantrum: and I figure I may be better with out it. :lol: I live in Barrie Ontario and 46 single :D with two teenagers one at home with me. And doing the struggle as well only this time I have health reasons to contend with sugars and low iron. I'm giving the GI diet a kick:kickcan: and hopefully get the portion thing under control which has been a problem. I have been doing alot of walking for exercise except lately been too hot even at 6am. I used to do tapes but can't seem to get myself motivated, I even have a walking tape for indoors which I will try as it's too hot to walk right now (excuse I know but have to work on the motivation for sure)

This seems like a pretty good site and look forward to posting etc

Have a great day
:flow2:

carla49
07-18-2005, 11:49 PM
'Nother Canadian here. I've been posting for about 3 weeks so far, lost a few pounds but now I'm travelling for work and probably not losing any more. I arrived in Calgary Fri night and have clocked many miles of wandering trying to find SF plain yoghurt in the downtown area.

I read thru the old posts - those who have problems with their scales being inconsistent might try placing them in EXACTLY the same spot each time. It works for me.

I noticed this thread cuz my name is Carla, and I am a chocolholic. :lol: I realized to lose weight I needed to quit sweets, mainly chocolate, and wine. So far the craving has diminished a lot, and I've been able to do okay. At this point I'm not limiting other foods too much but I'm trying to see how this will work.

A good lo-cal chocolate treat is DQ fat-free fudge bar, at 45 cal. They're overpriced, but seem to do the trick..

Glad to find a Canadian thread, and hope you'll all keep posting!

C

Charlotte2
08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
So, two weeks of holidays are almost half over. I had planned to lose 5lbs during my vacation... so far, big fat zero due to some major cheating on the food side. [I've been good on the exercise side]. When I'm working, I always think I'll eat better when I'm at home, and when I'm at home...
Sigh
Anyone tried any of the appetite supressants like Dexatrim? Do they work at all?