Support Groups - Moms Losing Weight #51 Monday BLC!

mompen
02-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

mompen
02-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Morning Ladies!

Time to start my daily routine of getting my kiddos up dressed and ready :D

Just wanted to let you know that you can answer multiple answers on the poll!

Come on BLCers! Get MOVING!

melmcc99
02-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Quicky check in. I'm heading to my treadmil to do my cardio for today. I plan to run 5 walk 2 run 5. that'l get my 10 min run in for the challenge. I'm getting there with running. You all know I kind a hate it. I think once I can run for a full 10 straight at 5mph, then I will like it more...

Morning Penny. I'll be home all day. SNOW SNOW SNOW here. Give me a buzzy if you wanna chat.

Challengers. GO GO GO !!!!!

michellejy
02-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Penny, I love your polls :)

Well, my bellydancing DVD came in the mail over the weekend, but I haven't tried it out yet. My daughter is off school today, and as usual, if I want to use the computer she needs to use it. If I want to use the DVD player, she wants to watch a movie. The joy of 7 year olds. :lol:

I'm taking Sage (my daughter) to sign up for some classes through the community center this week. We have a hard time finding classes for her since she is with her dad out of state every other weekend. Fortunately, we found several options, and she is so excited to be trying ice skating, Spanish, and maybe painting too.

In looking through the schedule, I found some cardio kickboxing, weight lifting, and yoga classes, so I think I'll be taking a class too. This could be scary! :D

ChrissyL
02-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Good Morning! I just found the weekend thread, I wondered where yall were all weekend! LOL
Well I am here and ready to rock! I went out yesterday and bought myself a 1 QT insulated thremos thingie, and 9 gallons of water..I'm going to drink a gallon a day...all I have to do is fill that jug up 4 times a day...I"ll do it! I ate 2 eggs with a little mayo, salt & pepper for breakfast and a cup of decaf tea with some sweetner thing..my total calories for today so far is 158 YAY ME! I love egg salad so I can definately do that for breakfast every day. My inlaws are coming this weekend (We only see them twice a year, they live 10 hours away) soooo I am making a huge meal and only eating a kiddie plate of it, I aint cooking all that good food and not eating it LOL!

Well I seen last week someone asked about my avatar (I'm thinking Roxy) he is Capt Feathersword from the Wiggles...my youngest watches the wiggles so much that I'm addicted LOL! And he's my favorite, so he's my avatar.

Penny~It snowed here too, the kids are off for presidents day today, so I have all 3 kids home I think I'll have them all do Richard Simmons with me, I love exercising with him.

Michelle~OMG If I belly danced I'd have to take all the knick knacks down so my belly didn't dance over to where they were and knock them down LOL!! I think its great you are going to do that, I bet it does wonders for you! Good luck with it!

OK Off to clean my dishes BBL

fma4mom
02-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Good morning ladies! Well I didn't get online at all over the weekend. That's amazing for me!! I am at work right now and really don't have but a second to post just wanted to come by and let you know I am still here. I will come back in a bit to post more. I hope you all have a wonderful day! :dizzy:

sydsmom
02-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Good Morning! I see that we have a few new ones that I haven't introduced myself to you yet! Im sorry! :) My name is Kristin, I am a SAHM that works part time in the evenings, to one beautiful daughter Sydney, she is my avatar.....we are currently (my dh and I) are working towards having another child after we lose a little weight, so I can have a healthy pregnancy when I do get PG! That sounded bad...we aren't DOING "IT" RIGHT now, hes at work..oh whatever, LOL! :dizzy: Im a dofus! Anyway, I am doing South Beach and loving it, just have some doet committment issues, so I am tackling those too! :) Welcome Chrissy, Kendrea, and Michelle #2 :)

I am doing so far so good today! I had 3 eggs with a little pepper and mrs dash, in a little bit of Olive Oil. IT was yummy and filling so that is good! Salad for lunch today too! ;) I have already gotten dd up dressed, fed, teeeth brushed, me showered, dressed, breakfast, and 2 loads of laundry folded! WHO-HOO! :)

I am off to continue laundry and do some things that were on my to do list the other day that I wrote out and never did.....my ankle was hurting and standing up in the kitchen organizing wasn't a good idea! My ankle is now a few lovely shades of yellow, blue and purple....YUK! But its feeling really good today! I am also going to start with my water here in a minute :) I can't usually drink anything before I brush my teeth....Im weird, I know. BUt I hate brushing my teeth before I eat, so I just don't drink anything for breakfast.....WOW *slap* *slap* I need to quit! I am rambling BIG TIME!
I am going now....LOL! BBL to get personal!
:grouphug:

1hot_tomato
02-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Good morning ladies-

Well got a good start for over the weekend! I am really revved up! Thanks Mel for the chat and helping me out with the challenge!
I had a rotten night's sleep with two children vomiting! DD helped me out though, she took the little one (3) to bed with her, and she ended up throwing up in dd's bed. Yuck, so needless to say I have laundry now! Everyone looks like they have a good start on the challenge, I'm so happy! You all are goona do so good this time!

Kristin-glad you are doing so good on SBD! Glad you are with us! Yeah!

Hi Kendra! Hows it going? How was your weekend?

Hi Chrissy-I only heard of the wiggles from some of you. Sorry for my ignorance, we don't have t.v. So I've never watch that! We only have a monitor and dvd player for movies. No broadcast anything! Yes,we're aliens!
You are doing so good!

Chelle-have fun with your belly dancing! I think I would only kill my husband, by laughing himself to death, if I did that! Good Luck!

Mel- thanks for all the info! Have fun at the gym!-ninja lady!

Penny-thanks for the new poll, those are always fun, have a challenging day!

Bye

melmcc99
02-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone! Well, I still didn't do the run, but I am going to very soon. I ended up hurting my leg or something, so I had to wait. It was great fun doing challenges with you gals....Krisint, Roxy, and Jeniqua! Penny, what happened to ya? Im sure you got pulled away. I'll still challenge with you later if you want ...LMK.

Chrissy, it's funny how we all have our favorites out of the kids shows. I love the baby bugga bugs from Dora. THat's what Bugga...Patrick....is nicknamed after. He was preemie and tiny. That morning the baby bugga bugs were on tv..

Michellej. LMK how those belly dancing videos are. I bet it's interesing..

Kendrea. You can certainly follow along with the challenge. Dowload the form and follow along. You can also let us know what you did and post it with your points. I will check em' but I won't keep track on my end, because I have it all set up in my computer all ready. So feel free. We'd love it.

BBL

sharqueen76
02-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon ladies!! I am staying OP today too, yay!! I still have to put my pictures up on the site too. I have to wait for dh to come home from his dr. appointment. He's getting a GI done and it takes 3-6 hours. I have to print out phase 1 food for the SBD too so I know exactly what I can have on phase 1. We can do this ladies!! It was soo great chatting and exercising with Mel, Kristin, and Roxy. We definitely should do it again sometime.

Penny~ Hey girl!! You really do come up with some great polls. Let's stay motivated.

Roxy~ I'm soo glad you decided to do the challenge!! We're going to have a blast. I hope your kids feel better soon too.

Kristin~ I can't tell you how great it is to have you back! I am soo happy you're doing the challenge. Let's give it all we've got!

Kindrea~ Hi!!

ChrissL~ It sounds like you have a good healthy eating plan going on. You can do it!! My son loves the wiggles too. I think I know every song they sing..lol.

Chelle~ I'm glad you got your DVD!! It would be great if you could join a class too. Woo Hoo!!

well I better go finish straightening my house up but I'll be back later to post so more. Have a great OP day BLC's!!

michellejy
02-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Okay, I tried my bellydancing DVD today while my daughter was distracted with the computer. The hour that it took to do the whole thing flew by, and I was laughing at my lack of coordination. I actually am ordering a couple of other belly dancing DVDs and even a hula dancing one. I think I've totally lost my mind, but anything that keeps me moving! I felt the belly dancing in stomach muscles I never use and places I didn't expect. Unfortunately, the woman was wearing one of those flowing belly dancer skirts so I had no idea what she was doing with her legs. She would say "keep your knees relaxed like this," and I'm thinking, "I can't even see your knees, crazy woman!" :lol:

Roxy- There is no way I'm letting my husband see any of this for a looong time. :D Fortunately, he is oblivious to my weight, and he practically started panting the second I told him what I had ordered. :lol:

CheriBrorsen
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
I answered the poll, something other. Because honestly its a mix of all those things listed. Who doesn't want to look better? To slip into a size you haven't worn in years? To remember what it felt like to actually not hate shopping. LOL But also too as I get older I see the need to taking care of myself simply to be healthy and to be around for my kiddos. :)

With that said I commited this morning to making the rest of the pregnancy healthy and while I can't go ''full force'' I can do something. :) So I had oatmeal for breakfast, a turkey/cheese/broc lean pocket with some pretzels for lunch and we are having red beans and rice for supper (with turkey smoked sausage) I've also drank40 oz of water so far. :) I want to go walk this evening...so I hope to get that in too.

Now I'm off to read the thread and catch up with you ladies :)

sydsmom
02-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Good Afternoon! Mel, Jeniqua, Roxy..had so much fun with ya'll! :) That was great! :) We should definately do that again some time!

Michellejy - That is great the your dh loves you whatever your size..just think how he will feel when you get to your goal weight! :) Im glad that you are enjoying the bellydancing.......sounds like fun :)

Roxy - I wish we had no TV...LOL...then I wouldn't get sucked into watching "my shows". SOrry about the sick ones, HOpe everyone feels better soon and the sheets are clean! :) Had a great time challenging with you ! :)

Jeniqua - yay! Another SBD buddy! :) I love it, I jsut need to stick with it.....that is my problem, I have committment issues! LMAO I love how motivated you are :)

Okay well, time to switch the laundry and get moving on this kitchen. I really didnt' get much else done,but exercise, laundry and the normal routine stuff today, dh came home for lunch so I spent a little time visiting with him before he went back to his asbestos certification class......he is bored to death with it, LOL, but it will be a great asset to his company!

Okay, everyone have a great afternoon! I will be back later to post all my daily stuff and add up my points! :) Tonight, dh and I are doing the desk stuff that I said we were going to do the other night that we never did! LOL! So I'll be back then! :)
Love to all you chickies!

MichelleRae: WHere are you at girly? Im getting worried! Hope all is well with you!

ChrissyL
02-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Well I exercised today!! Woohooo ! Only 20 minutes BUT it was 20 minutes more then my body has moved like that in years let me tell you my legs are hurting! I also had salad with spinach with chicken breast and shredded cheese for lunch, a few celery stick with peanut butter for a snack and 3/4 gallon of water....I'm going to have the last 1/4 gal with supper.

Penny~How cute how your baby got his name, give him big bugsy hugs!
Roxy~ If here was no TV in this house I think my kids would seriously harm each other LOL!
Michelle~YOU GO GIRL~ That is just awesome that you did that today, I'm proud of you!
Cheri~I made red beans and rice too (Zatarains) with some chicken, I'm only having a tiny spoonfull of rice though...How much further do you have to do with your pregnancy? I think its great that you trying to eat better now..I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly :)
Kristin~ I can't drink or eat after brushing my teeth either :) Nice to *Meet* you, your daughter is a little dollbaby!

melmcc99
02-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Chrissy, it's Melissa...ME who has the Bugga bug.....lol Melmcc99 ..BTW, glad you got some exercise in.

Ok, everyone. can't stay on, but I won this weeks drawing.....How cool is that. I also noticed that JILL one it last week! JILL ...you didn't tell us and if you did I somehow missed that! Congrats. What did you get? I got the cooking light magazine. OH, that will help if I get it before the challenge ends..Probably not though. Anyway, have a great night all. going to sit with the family.

Redskirt1
02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, I think it's about time I introduced myself to all the new faces. My name is Tabitha. I am a 28 year old mother of two. I have been a sahm for the past two years, but just went back to work. I am currently 250 lbs, my goal weight is 150. Not much else to tell really.

Penny, I answered the poll to be healthier. My reasons for losing weight are this:

a) I can't walk up a flight of stairs without losing my breath.
b) I can't sit in a chair for long periods of time because my hips start to ache.
c) I can't stand for long periods of time without my knees starting to ache.

So all in all, that sort of combines with being able to keep up with my kids. Because without being able to walk up a flight of stairs, how can I run and play with them?

Anyway, my meal program is simple. I am taking a moderation approach. I limit my "bad" foods to once a week, at one meal. Usually something like fried chicken, and I don't over do it. Other than that, I try to have two veggies with each meal. I am trying to limit my bread intake, and sweets intake. Though I don't totally deprive myself of sweets. I try to limit that to something small 2 or 3 times a week, no more than that. My favorite chocolate is dark chocolate, which is the "healthiest" of them. I forget what the article said about it. It's supposed to be healthier than milk chocolate. Anyway, my main problem is moderation. I am currently working on giving up sodas. I have limited myself to one 12 oz Dr. Pepper a day. And so far that is working out well. That is my goal this week, to have only one a day. Next week, I will work on one every other day. Until that is a once a week treat that I have. I am replacing it with water, and it is going well. :D

I still have to post my picture up at the board, but I will do that when my h gets home from work tonight (must clean the living room first, don't want you guys to see all the mess, LOL).

I have started doing something to get more walking in. Whenever I go to the grocery or department store (Wal-Mart, of course) I park in the very back of the parking lot. Far away from the door I intend to go in. And that helps get some walking in. I am lovin' this! I did squats yesterday, and boy am I feeling those! My thighs were screaming when I was walking into the store today.

Roxy, I have a chicometrics article that I clipped from Woman's World, that has some of the exercises in it. I love them. I want to order the video. I can't do the full fifty minutes yet, or all the exercises at one exercise setting. So, I pick half of them that work on one area and do those for 25 minutes two days a week, and the other half two days a week. I am working my way up to a full fifty minutes a week with all of the routines twice a week, like it says to. Some of them I can't do without my h here, cause my balance is a little off. So he gets a chuckle while he spots me.

Anyway, I have babbled on enough. Take care everyone!

chrily
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi all...
I came, I saw, I worked my tailend off and I just can't wait for this day to be over. Work is way to busy. I couldn't get anything done.

I'm going to see my mom after dinner and see when she gets sprung from the hospital. Hopefully they have the biopsy results back too and I'll finally know is she's in the clear or going to require further treatment.

Kelly got some time off today from the kiddos. My sil took Nicole and Kayla to Chuckee Cheese for lunch. I think he enjoyed his afternoon.

As far as the poll is concerned. I want to look drop dead gorgeous but more than anything, I want to be healthy. I find that the thinner I get and the more exercise I do, the less my joint hurt and I don't have to rely on my Bextra to keep me going. I only take methotrexate now. That is something to brag about. I want that part to continue. There is nothing worse than hurting continually.

Sorry I'm not getting personal. Dinner is almost done and then I'm going to go check on my mom. See if she's pushing her morphine button a little less today.

~chris

MichelleRae
02-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey ladies!
Another busy busy day here lol got our new router hooked up and now I just fly around the net hehe. I also worked on a co-workers computer for much of the day, her brother went to way too many questionable websites if you know what I mean and her computer was totally bogged down, at least I've got it optimized runs like a dream and best yet all the crap is gone lol I was so amazed when I ran sbs&d they had over 1200 items listed it was nuts.

Chris I know what you mean about wanting to be healthy, that's what I want too. Unfortunately I think I have the beginnings of arthritis as well, my finger joints and wrists have been hurting lately but it could be carpal tunnel syndrome too, I'm gonna ask my doc about it tomorrow. How's the weather over there?

Mel, more snow? man that sucks! Ours is still gone but it was a little chilly today.

Roxy you lil ninja patootie ;) I love your pics

Tabitha have you tried Diet sodas? I never like to drink my calories I'd rather save them for food :D

Jill how's everything going? what about the graduate program when do you hear anything? I just started business communications and ethnic diversity, they should be interesting.

Well guys I better get going I'm tired and want to do a little reading before bed.
Love to you all!
Michelle

Bayleysmom
02-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey ladies I'm hoping to get a good post in right now but don't know if I will! It's been a busy couple weeks and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. I've got a lot to do for school since I only have 4 weeks left in the term. Where did the time go!! Geez!! Plus we are hoping to go to Mexico for Spring Break so we need to get ready for that. Had a great weekend at the dunes and I am still sore! I posted that picture yesterday of me when I was there. It was a lot of fun and I am hoping to get my own bike soon, they are expensive though so I don't know. Doing good so far on the challenge. Hope everyone else is too!

Michelle I had my interview for the masters program a couple weeks ago and they said we will hear back by April 1st! That's so long! Oh well I hope I get in. I still have to take the really hard test on March 5th so I got to get to studying. Do you feel good about the classes you just completed? I hope so, I know you were having a harder time with them. Still doing SBD?

Hi Chris how is mom doing? Better I hope. When do you hear back about if the cancer spread or not? Keep us posted.

Tabitha sounds like you have a great eating plan going. That is how I started and have only recently needed to kick it up a notch to start losing again. I think that it will work really well for you! Keep it up!

Hi Chrissy nice to meet you! I'm Jill! I hope you like it here. Good job on the exercise today!!

Cheri good for you for eating healthy for your baby. I know it's hard! It's so easy to give in and say "well I'm pregnant so I can have what I want" that's what I did! Good habits now mean good habits after the baby is born. Keep it up!!

Hi Jen!! How's SBD going? I'm trying to get back on phase one but there's some stress from school so it's hard to focus so hard on food. I'm hoping all the exercise will help me though! I'm excited we are all on this challenge again together. We will do so good!!

Hi Chelle! Belly dancing Ooh la la!! My dh would love it too!

Hi Mel thanks for the invite this morning but I had just left for the gym. I would love to do it another day! We should schedule regular group exercise time and whoever can show up does it together. I think that would be fun and motivating. Oh and I did post about winning that book thing but it was a late night post and I don't think anyone read it. Cool that you won too!

Hi Kris! It was fun chatting with you today. Hope you did good with dinner. I had a grilled chicken salad from BK, it's SBD phase one approved as long as you don't eat the croutons or carrots. It was yummy!!

Hi Roxy! Sorry about the 2 pounds, I bet you were right about the nursing and cutting back on the calories. I remember that happening to me too. We tend to forget about that stuff. I'm sure you can adjust and will start losing again.

Penny love the polls! Keep doing them, they are great!

Ok that's it for me, I need to do my measurements and pay Michelle for the challenge. I hope everyone is having a great night! Talk to you all tomorrow!!

chrily
02-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Back again...gotta post before my brother shows up to steal my computer. He's staying the night. He doesn't like being in the house when my mom's not there. He's 23 but he has some disabilities and he's only around a 15 yr old level for his mental age. He's a good kid though.

No news on my mom's biopsy results. Hopefully tomorrow. They might let her go tomorrow. Depends on how she does when they take the cathetor out. Her epidural has been removed and her morphine drip taken away. They have her on percoset for a bit. She finally got to eat today. That made her feel better.

Michelle-I'm battling carpal tunnel (I think) because of the arthritis. It's common I guess. My hand started aching right before lunch and my thumb and index finger went numb and now it just hurts. THe usual. It'll hurt for part of tomorrow and go away until work on Thursday.

Okay...gotta go. Need to get the blankets and pillows for the bro....

~chris

mompen
02-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi :)

Off to get in my exercise... Gonna let someone else start a thread today.... LOL

TTYL!

melmcc99
02-22-2005, 08:14 AM
ok, I guess I;ll start the new thread.