Support Groups - Lo Carb #4 It's coming together!

View Full Version : Lo Carb #4 It's coming together!

1fralick
02-21-2005, 05:11 AM
A new week!
So Far so good. Yesterday I endulged my treat day for the month and I didn't even finish it. I am saving my next treat for Easter.
This week is 36 mins cardio and 26 mins strength training. 6 1 hour and 2 30 mins. I am shooting for an OP bootcamp week. No eating 3 hours before bed, lo carb.
I have been focusing on form. I can't believe how hard the treadmill is when you don't hold on! And slowly using the weights

I have a short week, took Friday off.

Sue how are things at home, how are you doing?

Pam how are you feeling? how's the weather?

1fralick
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
hey all
Been an OK week so far. Caved last night for some sugar free pudding before bed. but I am up to 1.5 miles on teh treadmill w/o hanging on. Boy is that labor! used my exercise ball for my strength traing. That can give you a great w/o!
Having a hard time w/ the arthritis. My hands are in bad shape and I seem to be somewhat weak! Very frustrating, but I keep w/o. I am proud of that because in the past I would have used that as an excuse to not do it. WHen it really does help!

Sue how are you? been to teh gym?

Pam Miss ya girl! need to hear about your spring weather!

See you all tomorrow

nasus40
02-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I am here did great till yesterday had a hamburger with a bun, then today DD1 took us out to dinner and did nto do good for eating but back OP as of tomorow.

no exercise this last few days I did my back in and oh boy was I in pain, better now

got to go and get to sleep. Catch you later.

1fralick
02-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Thanks for checking in. Very sorry about the back! Love going out to eat. Love it when someone else does the cooking!

Arthritis is still bothering me. Can't wait till it goes away!

Still working out, had a so so day eating. DH forgot to plug in the crockpot and dinner wasn't ready. Had calzones for dinner instaed. Other than that OK eating. and water.

Have a good day and take care of yourself

nasus40
02-23-2005, 06:03 PM
had a cookie today but only one and that is it. managed to get back to the gym today will try again tomorow, I do not want to o ver do it and really want to get this back feeling great before I do to much more. I have what seems like a cramp type of discomfort in my L thigh not sure if it is still the back or just cramping. I took gobs of potassium and mag this evening hoping that things will get right. and i will find out it is the muscle not the back. I do not have the siatic pain any more just the top left hand side of the thigh.

the man is doing better. i did not get an official sorry but you know when he mans it and when he does not, and I know he meant it. so things are going OK now.

Did great on the water for a few days then PUUUT so will work on that one again.

OH got to go and feed the dogs before it gets dark and water them before they dehydrate!!

1fralick
02-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Hey Sue
glad things are OK at home! We have enough to cope with ! Glad you were up to working out!Are things better at work?
STreesed day yesterday. DId OK eating until I got home! Had pasta for dinner. And then got home so late that I didn't get my extra w/o in. But I do have a 3 day w/e!

Have a good day

1fralick
02-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Well it's Friday! I am off work and thinking of doing some shopping! It's a wonderful thing!
Boy it was all I could do to drag myself upstairs yesterday and work out! Did alot of self talk! Haven't gotten in 1 extra workout this week. Hate the scale! clothes are fitting looser soI guess I stay focused on that . I am almost back into my size 22's.
Of course I want it all now!

Hey Sue how is your weekend looking?

Pam where teh heck are you girl?

1fralick
02-28-2005, 05:11 AM
well just lost a post! UGH!!
New week
new opportunity
having a mental pl;ateau. Playing mind games w/ myslef

How was your weekend
Pam Sue????

1fralick
03-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Good morning
Got my work out in. Ate OP except for the poto I had w/ dinner. I don't know why I say that I can cook something and then expect not to eat it. Or why I bring it home from the store in the first place.
DId do my workout. Am trying to woalk w/o resting my arms on teh treadmill. My that pushes things a abit!

How rae you Sue and Pam?

nasus40
03-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I have been swamped with trying to play catch up at work. It does nto work that way. I figured that the kids were out of swimming and I would have tons of time but I am tired. it is only 7P and I am ready to go to bed.

I have managed to eat OP for most ot this time and have been good at exercising but not a good exercise I am still having problems with my leg hurting when I am on it forany length of time it is like a cramp in the fron of the thigh so I try to baby it. so work outs have been short and sweet. but I need to kick it up a notch and get there earlier like I should have.

Pat you are truly an inspiration the way you Keep on going. It sure makes you feel great doen't it when you are going OP for so long. that potatoe is just a small glitch. You will over come. @@ is a great sign. I tried on my 20's and they almost close around the fron. I have no 22 to compare I refused to buy bigger except a pair of elastic waist and they are fitting looser. I have been at the same weight for the last I can not tell you about 2 months. I am not going to complain. I feel tighter.

Well i think I am going to take me up on my offer to go to bed. HE HE HENight pat and Pam where ever you are i know you will stop in soon.

1fralick
03-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey Sue,
Can't sleep work on teh mind! Still working out but way too many carbs this week. Haven't slept well at all this week. This is stressing me out.

Way to go on your progress. Any change in a positive direction is awesome!!!Looser pants is a great feeling. You also deserve a long hot bath! that might help lossen up teh leg muscles. Kick everyone out and give yourself a spa hour!!! You deserve it girl.

Miss Pam hope she is OK

Tomorrow is another day

We are back in teh grips of winter. I am sure you are too. I know it is all downhill from here but I am sure impatinet.
Have a good weeked

We are making progress!

nasus40
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh dear I did mess up today. I did great until I had a glitch at dinner, McD's But I will say that the french fries tasted like greasy paste. what a wonderful thing to taste!! or atleast think it is paste.

I know will not have the cravings for paste!!!

no exercise for me today but I will go in the morning and really give myself a good workout. I am getting cought up for work and it is a great feeling. things are starting to fall into place. I know it will not be that long before I got it all.

I am feeling so much better, but I will keep watching my back. I do not trust anything.

Well Pat I ma heading to bed and am ready to kick into high gear.

nasus40
03-08-2005, 04:34 AM
4 Am and the dog has decided to do it again. try to get out and run. that is how he got in to trouble the other week getting out and running. I went out in my nighty and shirt and boy could I feel that cold breeze up my hoochie!1 not a good feeling since I wanted to go back to bed. i was even angrier when he refused to let me sleep again.

well at least I will be at the gym early this AM.. (got to look at the bright side)

Da# Dog he want to go out and play and I bring him out on a leash and he just looks at me like I am dumb. the he makes noise to raise the dead (me) and just stands there grinning. I did this last month until I let him out to run like he wanted and then he caught a friend. he was so proud of himself catching that furry animal. OMH I almost puked with the stench. He still has the smell mildly on him when he gets wet from playing in the snow.

1fralick
03-08-2005, 04:55 AM
Good morning girl!! My what a busy house you have in the middle of the night! Glad things are catching up at work. It is amazing to me how there is always something on the work front. Glad you are doing better, yes watch the back you don't want to suffer a "set back"!

I kinda went into a carb tailspin last week. But I am back on track this week. McD's, work and poor planning as well as very poor sleep conspired against me. UGH!!!

STill involved in boot camp. 38 mins walking and 28 mins strength training. supposed to be 6 days a week( actually the 6 day is supposed to be doubled but I haven't doubled it yet LOL. W/ 2 extra 30 mins w/o for a total of 8. I am in 2x shirts for the most part. 22's are closer to fit around the old waist. Sp progress is being slowly made. The scale still sucks!

Have a good work out and day!

1fralick
03-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Hi
Well it's slowly coming apart! UGH!! My eating has been horrible. This has been going on for a week. As a result I am too carb hung over to get my butt in gear missed yestrday's workout! What a vicous circle.
winter is showing no sign of letting up
I could just go on and on.

But to what end! My goal today is to just eat right and drink my water! DETOX mysefl once again and then get beack on the boot camp way of life!

Hey Sue how are you ?

Pam oh Pam I hope you are OK

1fralick
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Well it is slowly coming back together! Better day to day. Walked for 20 mins. Ate better can still do better. water was better. Gosh what a struggle it can get to be.
You forget that it took a long time to get here so it will take awhile to get to where you want to be. It is also so much easier to mourn your failures than focus on your success'.
But each day is a new opportunity!

nasus40
03-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey did not to bad. hit PMS this week and still did good except for the hamburger with buns I had this week. I even threw out frenchfries. i did manage tow ork out three days this week. mon no as I was just tired from working the night before toll 12 am tuesday yes wed no as I worked over nights and thur and fri yes. water is still poor but on thursday I do great as it is bowling night and I drink a lot every time (water)

I did cardio the last two times at the gym and I do feel more energised. just let me get over this PMS and going on with things i feel I will do great.

You have done so great so far Pat I do not want to see you fall down. get your self back on the path look at how well your pants are starting to fit. Come on I will slow the bus down and my hand is out the door grab on!!!

Got you!

OK seat belts! this is a rock road, lets get going!!

I will get going now the kids are holloring!!

Have a great day!! and great weekend i will be watching you !!!

1fralick
03-12-2005, 06:05 AM
You are awesome! just what the dr ordered! Great job on your efforts! PMS is God's cruel joke for what ever reason! Got your hand and am buckeled in the road is very bumpy!

What is with this weather? That is not helping at all. Sounds like work is still crazy! Whne will it end. I saw a hearse yesterday and thought about working with dead people. I don't think they would give you a hard time,

My work is crazy. I have taken next thurs and fri off for a 4 day weekend. I will not bring home any work. SO, boot camp restructuring.

Have a great weekend and thank for the hand. We can do this!!!

1fralick
03-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Well another opportunity to get my stuff together!
So so weekend.
But I am prepared for meals this week. Went shopping yesterday.
Back to the exercise. I was reading in SHAPE magazine about the importance of traing with a positive attitude. that if you don't enjoy it you will not stay with it! Well I really don't enjoy it. I find it boring and time consuming. Clock watching al teh time.
I am going to try to loook at it differently this week and see it that helps.
Hey Sue how are you?
Pam where the heck are you lady??

1fralick
03-14-2005, 05:02 AM
Good Monday morning!
I have printed off some pilates exercises from the internet to give my routine a jump start!. Trying to get motivated and enjoy the workout expereince. Never liked sports in school. Or gym class. Have really never played sports anywhere any time.

Need to think about stress relief on a regular basis rather than a reactive one. Very hard to do. Was speaking to my boss about it, hoping that the regular exercise would do it and he reminded me that if I am menatlly working while exerciseing I am not getting teh full benefit. HMmm.

Well again anothe opportunity to make me a priority and make good choices to get healthy!

dragonwoman64
03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
hi, Pat and all. I got your reply to my post and thought I'd drop in and say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 40, living in NY with bf and cat, Chloe (who wakes us up in the night all the time, grrr :lol: ).

I'm exercising at home right now, and taking 1/2 hour walks. I'm looking into joining the local Y beginning of April. I think I need a kickstart, since I've been seeing losses since January but then have been stalling out, gaining and losing the same couple of lbs, for the past several weeks.

1fralick
03-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Hey Marge a big welcome!
I am Pat I am 42 married for 100 + years live in NNY and have struggled with my weight forever.

I had been stalled for 2 years after taking on a new job. Had allowed myself to eventually put back on 20# and recently decided eneough was enough. Have been doing Oprah's boot camp since 1/31 however while the clothes are fitting better the scale is evil

You have made great progress so far! It's hard to keep the motivatiion going. The Y is a great ides. Sue works out at a gym. I am working out at home too.

Well you are very welcome to join us!

dragonwoman64
03-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi, Pat :) Thanks for the welcome. I've been heavy since I was a kid. Then in highschool I lost 100 lbs, whew! I wasn't quite at goal weight, but close. Did it in weight watchers. Over the next 10 years or so, I gained that back and a little more. :o I lost small amounts at WW, then I tried Jenny Craig and lost about 30. I gained some of *that* back and then started my own program, generally following the JC routine and exercising, and that's how I've lost this 40 plus. It's taken me a couple of years.

As for going through maintenance periods, I spent from May (when we went on vacation) of last year until about January at the same weight. January I recommitted to getting the weight off. It's slow going, but I really want to do it. A new job can be a huge change and depending on the job a big time stress. Not the easiest time to think about weight, that's for sure.

I get crazy over the scale number sometimes. I know that there are so many factors, like muscle and water weight. Sometimes it just seems like having the lower number takes over. I had to relax this week since I was going a little too loony and gave myself a huge headache on Thursday.

I saw that Boot Camp episode on Oprah. That's a lot of exercise, so I can see why the clothes would loosen and maybe the number on the scale wouldn't go down as fast; lots of muscle being built. I love her weight loss shows, they're inspirational to me. Guess that's enough jabber for now!

1fralick
03-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey Marge
SOunds like you have been focused for awhile. I hate the scale but it at times keeps me focused and then there are times when I see a loss that I play games with my eating.
They say that the slow loss is better for you and more likely to "stick".

I really need to focus on stress management and taking care of myself. It has been easier this time around because DH is working at it too. He recently was diagnosed as pre diabetic and put on meds. He has been working out and eating better.

The bootcamp has been a challenge. I am up to 40 mins/30. STill haven't had a perfect bootcamp week, but anything is better than nothing.
have a good day

1fralick
03-17-2005, 05:13 AM
What a pretty picture! And an awesome place to be able to go to regularly. Yes it spring is slow to show up this year. We might be in teh 40's next week. I am eager to get outside too. The longer days help.
Well I am still focused this week. I have been using those weight watchers frozen meals to keep my portions in check.

I am off the next 4 days and it is a challenge to stay on tract.
But my motivation is high!

How are you doing?

dragonwoman64
03-17-2005, 12:48 PM
:p Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I'm hanging in there. Managed to take my walk yesterday, a mile around the neighborhood, even though I almost talked myself out of it because of the cold!

My eating is good. This past weekend I pooped out on several exercises, so I'm not expecting great results this Friday (my weigh in day). We'll see.

I didn't weigh myself at all this week, which was a NSV for me.

Have a good one!

1fralick
03-19-2005, 05:55 AM
Good morning all
Well eating OK, no workout since I have been off. Have to go to a funeral today. Love to ruin a day off.

How is everyone else doing?

nasus40
03-19-2005, 10:32 AM
I am here and fine. I have been sick all week so i have been absent. I did not do the greatest as in eating a sandwich almost every day but that was better than McD's. I have finally seen the scale move but I will not believe it until it is down for good.

Pat you have been doing great. bit by bit. work does tend to side tract everybody but slowly if you take it one at a time you can get it.

Marge welcome to the group although you have been here more than Me lately. :rolleyes: I am Sue and have struggled with weight since I was a kid and have never stopped. I love weight lifting but working 10+ hours a day and kids it is hard to get there. I hate cardio. UGH it seems a waste of time. (I know better) but I clock watch when I am doing cardio. I figured out my DD2's mp3 player and crank that up for what it is worth and place a book over the numbers and go to it. I can stand that if I close my eyes and hope to god that I am not really singing out loud. # years ago I was down to a glorious size 12 which I will get to again but I went back to work and lost who I was and what I am. I gained 80 lbs. I am trying to fit by but in my 20's (soon) and trying to find my lap when I sit. I do lower carb, not no carb and really try to cut it down dramatically. if I carb it is not the end of the world. Every body has their own what works for them.

Well I am glad that you Pat have not been allnone trying to post. I am just now starting to feel better head is still pounding and extra work has not been my friend this week.

Dh has also been tearing out the bathroom and doing it over (needing my help frequently) I have been trying to do a make over int he house. UGH it will look good when I/we are done but again it is time consuming. and work is also trying to take up it's over alotment. Where is the me time??? that is the gym time that I so desperatly crave. i als o have been pampering my self with self indulgences of avon and some jewlry. just to keep my sanity. and self value.

So being almost OP is just great!!! I have managed to pass cookies and many other things over to say no. I am starting to seem my cheek bones again. HUGE MILESTONE. that was the first thng I fond last time. fat is softer. (Cells shrinking) but not enough to make a difference.

1fralick
03-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey Sue! I am sorry that you have been sick! Huge congrtas on teh scale moving!! Also being almost OP with being sick AWESOME!!!! I too avoide McD's last week. I remember when it was KFC! sounds like things are better w/ you an DH! although in our house home improvements projects can be the start of fire works!
Marge, Sue is a wealth of good weight loss information! And also great in the support dept!

I was thinking and regrouping thisweekend. And reminding myself that I am getting back directly in proportion of what I am putting in to my weight loss efforts and their is deffinatley room for improvement! So that is my goal this week! rededicating myself in for the long haul that these are life changing habits not a temp diet thing!

Looking forward to some warmer temps this week. Pretty bad when 39 is something to look forward too.

1fralick
03-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Good Tuesday morning to you all. WOrked out again yesterday and had an OP day!
BAck in the seat again. It is all about planning and making myself a priority! But slacking off fir 4 days sure had it's back wards effects.
Bot progress is being made!

Hey Marge is theweather a bit better for you? It must be warmer there. We had sunshine and 40 degress here.

Hey Sue how are you feeing, how is teh back ?

Gotta go to the treadmill!