Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #1  

Talking A quick peek at my workout routine

Hello all!
Here is my routine tell me what ya think.

MONDAY: CHEST-TRICIPS-QUADS
TUESDAY: CARDIO-ABS
WEDNESDAY: BACK-BICIPS-HAMS
THURSDAY: CARDIO-ABS
FRIDAY: SHOULDERS-ARMS- CALVES
SATURDAY: CARDIO-ABS
SUNDAY: OFF
** CARDIO IS 45 MINS
** WEIGHT TRAINING IS 60-90 MIN.( DEPENDING ON HOW I FELL )
EACH BODY PART IS DONE BY 5 SEP. EXCERISES 10-12 REPS WITH HEAVY WEIGHT( I WANT MORE MASS )
I AM A FRIM BELIVER IN OLD SCHOOL TRAINING
MORE IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER ,
BUT TRAIN LIKE A ANIMAL WHILE YOUR THERE!!!
TRAIN HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #2  

Personally that would be too much time spent lifting for me. How do you keep up the intensity for 60-90 minutes? I never lift for more then 45 minutes and I lift heavy too. 5 exercises for each bodypart seems a little excessive too. I'm a big believer in using compound exercise to hit all the focus muscles (especially the big guys) and only doing 2 or 3 isolation exercises. 5 per bodypart would be overtraining for me. If you think your body can handle it and recover properly then good for you, but if you notice any signs of overtraing you might want to back off a little. It's nice to see someone else who likes to hit the weights.
Alisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Here are my 2 cents....

Why do you train legs with other body parts and not alone? On Monday you work triceps and Wednesday you work biceps, then Friday you work arms again, that to me is over training....

I would think you'd get better results giving your legs a full day's attention with plenty of rest inbetween... same with the arms they need rest.... Your muscle does not improve while you workout, but while you rest, the rule of thumb is 4 days rest inbetween each body part...

You do have to train more or less like an animal, but you nutrition has to be spot on and squeaky clean... Is yours?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
Here are my 2 cents....

Why do you train legs with other body parts and not alone? On Monday you work triceps and Wednesday you work biceps, then Friday you work arms again, that to me is over training....

I would think you'd get better results giving your legs a full day's attention with plenty of rest inbetween... same with the arms they need rest.... Your muscle does not improve while you workout, but while you rest, the rule of thumb is 4 days rest inbetween each body part...

You do have to train more or less like an animal, but you nutrition has to be spot on and squeaky clean... Is yours?
Hey thanks for answering back
As far as your question about my routine I have seen good results with this and as far as my diet very clean and lean . A lot of protein, good carbs etc...
I am a firm believer in " shock" yours musscle and it seem s that my body responds well to this.( so far any way ) There are many diffrent opinions on weight lifting and traing. Many of the old school like Arnold ,dave ,mike the list goes on train to what worked for them. As I do , my opinion on this is that as we grew as a " want it now" nation we are quick to want results w/o the effert or/and as little as possiable. Hence Body 4 life.( Not knocking it Ive done it) but that is only good when your starting out (IMHO) As far as 5 sep. exc. per body part you have many diff. parts of chest etc each has to be hit in order to be developed. "You get what you put in to it" as far as me keeping my intensity up for 1 hr + thats easy I look at the guy next to me who is where I want to be. And one order thing(MHO) that helps it depends what type of gym ya go to.I go to a a very in tense gym for the most part. A gym that when ya let out a scream to get that last rep out people dont look at ya like your crazy. I been to a few gyms where theres a verity of people at diff. shapes and thats fine but for me there was no " want to be like him" sorry I took off on a rant. And I certinally do not want you to think Im the typ. gym ape I'm not. This is what works for me.
Peace

Last edited by TRAIN HARD; 02-21-2005 at 12:15 PM.
TRAIN HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

If you're seeing good results then carry on with your routine....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote