Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #1  

Default Question????????

Hi, I am new here and I have a question. I just started working out this past sunday. Everyday I have been trying to do about 30-45 mins of walking or a tape. Today I just cant seem to get myself going! I crawled out of bed and felt alittle sore, but mostly I feel soo tired.

Do I need to give myself a break? I even did something I never do which is take a nap at noon. I NEVER sleep during the day. just yesterday I was bouncing off the walls. I have been sleeping wonderfully at night these past few nights but I can hardly keep my eyes open today.

whats up with me?
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #2  

I would suggest maybe only working out 3 or 4 days a week. It sounds like your body is trying to tell you 'enough already!' I would think you have a better chance at sticking with the exercise if you did not feel that you had to do it every single day, kind of like weight lifting where you have to give your body time to recuperate from the workout, especially if this is the first week when you started your workouts.

Hope this helps.
Jenn
gingergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:04 PM   #3  

yeah, I decided to take today off and check out how I feel in the morning. I guess I am just scared that if I dont keep it up I will just stop altogether. Missing a day isnt the end of the world! lol.
Thanks
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

It could even be that you could be comming down with something. Don't rule that out as well. Some ppl feel like you said bouncing off the walls one day and then the next like crap!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #5  

You really should only do an aerobic workout 3 or 4 days a week. Especially at the beginning. And increase the length gradually. Your body needs to recover and get used to this Even elite athletes take days off. If you feel the need to do something on the other days, perhaps you could look into some weight training or Pilates. Increasing your muscle mass will make your body more efficient at burning calories.
DebbieJRT is offline   Reply With Quote