Support Groups - ~ The Thin Group #1 ~

View Full Version : ~ The Thin Group #1 ~

02-17-2005, 11:08 AM

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! :cheer:

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us in 2005! :gossip:

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

02-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Good morning ladies!

Hope all is well with everyone ... hmmm ... no one started the new weekly thread - where are you all? OK ... I started the new thread and went back to the longer threads since there are so few of us posting anymore. So I guess we'll start a new one when we reach 30 posts or so.

The last couple weeks has been bad for me with my back being out. I was barely getting around but thank heavens it is slowly starting to heal now.

I see we have somone new (hopefully) ... Rachael just posted in the biographys so Welcome Rachael and hope to see you posting with us here.

Hope to hear from the rest of you gals SOON!

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
02-18-2005, 06:40 PM
I can't believe that I haven't posted this week. I was sure that I had posted at the beginning of the week, but, alas I have not.

CJ - Hope you back is on the mend. I hate that throwing the back out. I sit most of the day, so it is excruciating when I do. I also broke my back when I was a teen, so that does not help the situation. The dr. told me the last time that I threw it out that I need to be way more careful because the arthritis that is setting in will put me in a wheel chair if I do it any more. Sooooo, I have just tried to be better at not taking on jobs that I know will cause the problem.

Me - Found out last week that DM has a recurrence of breast cancer. We have been to numerous appointments with her this week and just waiting for the results.

This has been a quiet day at work. Reading break for the students, so we are having some quiet times here.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Must run and give the dr. a call.

02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone .. we have a new member with us .. Rachael - Welcome! Glad to have you posting with us ... I hope you don't mind but I copied your message you posted into the thread here so it wouldn't get "lost" ...

Rachael's post:

I am starting fresh today. I new plan, which is probably a old plan for some, is to decide what I am going to eat each day the night before. I am also using to organize my food and keep track of my eating. I am only going to weigh myself on friday morning otherwise the scale will remain in the linen closet. I hope that I can do it this time. I just found out that a friend of mine's husband had a massive heart attack at 36 years! This time the diet is to be healthy and, hopefully, I will lose weight in the process. Do any of you have any tips on how to not eat when you not hungry? Have a great weekend.


Sounds like you are off to a good start ... that is a good idea to plan your food the nite before .. Good luck to you - I'm sure you can do it! Hmmm .. sometimes it's hard to not eat when you aren't really hungry .. I usually pick up my knitting - can't eat when you are knitting! Sometimes when I get the urge to snack I will have something hot to drink with splenda .. seems to fill the need. I'm sure the gals will have some great tips for you also ... I'm trying myself to get back faithfully on my lo-carbing .. once you go off it's really hard to get back on. I know Peggy will have some good tips - she's our "inspiration" lately. Anyway, glad you found your way to us and keep on posting so we can get to know you better.

Sorry to hear about your mother ... I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers ... let us know how the tests come out. As for my back - it is starting to get better, very slowly - I am taking it very very easy tho ..

Hope you are having a nice time in Mexico - hope you father is doing well still also. Miss you!

I know you are very very busy but hope you can stop and take a breather and give us another yell soon! Miss you too!

OK ... cannot sit any longer ... talk to ya all soon.

Love, CJ

02-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Hello Ladies! :wave:

Yes, I'm back and popping in for a quick hello. My Dad is doing very well. He was discharged from the hospital and is resting at home (still in Mexico). Let me tell you ladies, that was a real eye opener for me. I am more determined to lose this weight. I did lose 5 pounds a lot of it was due to an intestinal virus. Let me tell you, that wasn't fun but, I'll take a five pound loss any way I can get it.

I'm post more tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

Lots of hugs-

02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi there,
Just want to take minute to post before I leave for my trip administering tests for more schools for my job. I am off to Lawrenceburg, Indiana this time. It is on the Ohio river and they do have a gambling boat there and maybe I will bring some quarters and play some slots while I am there. There are 4 other ladies with me and this one older lady goes all the time and spends her whole social security check there each month. Me I sure wouldn't want to spend the whole thing and not get anything for it. I think I would rather spend some of it on something I can keep forever. HA HA


CJ-I like the idea of going back to the numbered threads. I think when we do the weeks than they get pretty short and we than have to go back to the previous ones to reply to anyways. These will be longer and much easier I feel. Good call girlfriend. Glad you back is coming along, even if it is slowly and hope soon that it will be as good as new.

Sylvia-Glad you are back and hope you had a great time and had a margarita for me or two or three even. HA HA Glad your Dad is out of the hospital and will have a speedy recovery. Glad of your 5 lb weight loss, but sorry about the way you had to get it. But hey like you said a loss is a loss.

Peggy-Sorry about your mother and hope all goes well with everything and I too hope and pray that all goes well with her. Post and let us know when you hear anything.

Rachael-Glad you posted with us and hope that you will be a regular with our great group. We are happy to have you with us. The once a week weigh in is what I do and that is a good thing to do, otherwise if you weigh yourself daily you may get too discouraged. As far as not eating when you are not hungry, it might just be boredom, so just keep yourself busy and exercise or tackle a project you have been meaning to get to such as cleaning out a closet or some other project.

Well guys, I am off for my worktrip. I will be home by this weekend and than I have one more trip next week to Bloomington and than we are all done and than I will just have H & R Block and we are slowing down so it won't be as bad.

Take care guys, Love you, Sassy Sharon


02-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Evening everyone ... just a quickie before going to bed. My back is still healing but each day it gets better and better. It's been a long and busy day today so hitting bed early (early for me anyway).

Glad to see you are back and your dad is doing well .. sorry about your flu but good to hear you lost 5lbs!

Great to hear from you! Hope your trip this week is a good one and hope you have good luck on the gambling boat - sounds great to me! (but then you know how I love to gamble)!

How is your mother doing? Let us know when you hear from the test results. Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts.

Well, hope to hear from you guys soon ... we need some more chit chat going in this thread!

Later ...
Love, CJ

02-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey there,
It is me again, can you believe this? I got back yesterday afternoon from Lawrenceburg and had a great time there at the riverboat when we got done with our school I ended up winning about $275 so that wasn't bad was it? I usually just play the quarter slots, but this time decided to plunk $20 in a dollar slot machine and by the 9th pull I won so that was good I thought. Of course after I won I quit playing and just walked around and watched and waited for the other 4 ladies that I work with to get done so we could go out to dinner. HA HA

CJ-Yes I was thinking of you when I saw those video poker machines and thinking about all the times we went to the casino's when Ken and I were visiting you and wishing you were here with me so we could go to dinner together and celebrate our winnings as you usually do win and win pretty big I might add. One lady, Rosie I went with played the $1 Wheel Of Fortune game and the top light lit up and it was call attendant and when she did the attendant said she had won $1500 so she was soooo happy with that.

OK I added my chit chat to this group so someone else post away and give us more chit chat. HA HA

Take care everyone, Love you, Sharon

02-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone! I am trying to get the hang of this thread thing. This the first time I found the whole thread. I use to think I was fairly computer savvy. Oh well. I started the Oprah Boot Camp two days ago. You can't eat three hours before bed. I am starving...ugh. I am looking forward to my Saturday morning run. I ran a 26.2 mile race this past December and my running partner and I continue to run every Saturday morning. We usually run about 5 miles and I love our conversations.

Has anyone read any books by Jennifer Weiner? She has written Good in Bed, In Her Shoes, and Little Earthquakes. I am reading Little Earthquakes at this time and it is really good. The other two were great as well. Just thought I would mention in case there are any readers in the group.

It appears that some of you enjoy gambling. My in-laws have become slot machine junkies. They just love to go. My mother-in-law is fairly lucky and wins alot! I have never had much luck although I must admit I've only gone once. My husband and I went to Atlantic City and only gambled $20. Whoa am I a risk taker or what?!!!

Anyway, I will try to check the Thin Group everyday now that I think I have figured out how to get in. Have a nice night and a great weekend.

03-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Good morning girls! Sorry I haven't posted sooner but we have been so busy finishing up the walls in our cabin great room. We're putting up naughty pine and finishing up the loft also. This place is a mess! Sawdust everywhere! Hopefully tomorrow we will get our new cabinets in and be able to finally "clean up:!!! Then ... the carpeting goes in - hurray! But that might have to wait until April as we are going downstate next week and will probably be there for a month .. we need to finish getting the rest of the stuff out of the house so we can clean, paint, and put on the market to sell.

We still have tons of snow here and for the last 2 days have been having a March snow storm ... 8 inches already and still more to come thru out the day and night today. It's beautiful but ... am sick of it now and ready for Spring weather!

Congrats on your winnings! Glad you were smart and walked away with it - not like me, I like to keep playing! Sometimes I win more (as you witnessed) but sometimes I end up putting it all back too! Yes, that would have been fun to have dinner together with our winnings! Maybe soon ... ????

Good luck on your running .. nice to have a friend to do it with isn't it? Reading is good, especially to take your mind of of "eating" ... on your Oprah diet, if you can't eat 3 hrs before bed, can you have tea or something to drink?

Hey girll - where are you???? Get in here, we miss you!

You too! How is your mother doing? Have you got all the test back? Let us know how things are going.

Well ... that's my chit chat for today. I'll check back later to see if anyone has "popped" in to post.

Talk to ya all later...
Love, CJ

03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh I forgot to mention ... we have a new post in our biographies thread from Lynnie ...

If you're watching .. please come and post here with us and a big WELCOME to the group!


sweet tooth
03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Just dropping in quickly to say Hi to everyone and a big welcome to the newcomers. Also, to let you know what has been happening in my chaotic life.

A week ago, we received a phone call to let us know that our nephew had passed away in Ontario. He has always been a special nephew for us since he was the ring bearer at our wedding, so this was a big shock. We knew that he had been ill, but the last report was that he had been released from hospital and was getting better - to the point of going back to work.

As I was contemplating the news, I was thinking that the piece of news was the second bad piece of news in less than a week and began to wonder what the third would be - bad things come in threes. AND, the phone rang with a call telling us that DH's aunt had also passed away in Calgary the same morning.

As we were making plans as to who would go where, we decided that DH would go to Toronto for the nephew's funeral and I would take his parents to the funeral closer to home. That way, I would have more control over my transportation if I needed to get back home to deal with my mother. As it turned out, DH's twin and his BIL (one that was married to DH's sister) all met there and spent the few days together - without the wives.

So, off to the Calgary funeral I went. Babysat the in-laws for the day and a half and then back home. On arriving back home, I got a message that DM had a doctor appointment on the Saturday to which she needed to be taken because the surgeon that she went to would not tell her anything about her condition and that she needed to check back with her own family physician. That was my Saturday - her dr. told me to book a memore test for her because he is thinking that she is in the first stages of Alzheimers, also. When I went to book the memory test, they told me to call back on Monday because their computers were down and they could not schedule it that day.

Monday came...I had been away a couple days the previous week, so had tons of work to catching up to do, plus a couple of meetings scheduled for the morning. I rushed back to my office in the morning to a phone call from DM's sugeon wondering why she did not go to her pre-admission clinic at the hospital that morning. :rolleyes: I called the hospital and they said they had talked to her and she said that she has an appointment written down on a piece of paper, but the appointment was definitely not at the hospital. They said that they were running late, so I could bring her in right then since they would have trouble rescheduling the appointment. Off, I ran, picked her up and dashed to the hospital.

The entire time we were there, she kept saying that she had just gone to see her dr. that morning and was just home when I called her. I reminded her that I had taken her 2 days previously, but she was adamant that she had just been there. At the preadmission clinic, I found out that she has surgery booked for Monday morning - but she claims her surgeon didn't tell her anything. OMG!

When I got back to work, I called her dr. and asked if she had been there that morning. They said, that she had indeed been there...sooooo, she was right. Anyway, I asked them about the memory test and they told me that she had been there that morning for the memory test - it wasn't actually booked until the afternoon, but she had arrived in the morning so they gave it to her. Just then, I figured out that she had gone to her own dr. in the morning instead of the hospital. Anyway, we straightened that all up and I told them that she was having her surgery on Monday...she didn't remember that, so they did not have the info in her file.

Anyway, I got through yesterday (without time to eat) and dropped into bed last night. DH arrived home this morning, so hopefully, it will bring some balance to all the stuff that is going on here. We are going to the opera tonight, though. He's thrilled since he has been up since 3 am this morning...

Sorry to dump today, I should be more positive here, not just having a pity party. Oh well, tomorrow will be another day and things can't get much worse.

Hope everyone has a great day...and above all, stay OP.

Take care,

03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone! Just popping in for a quick hello before hitting the bed! Just got out of the hot tub .. boy did I need that. We have been breaking out backs trying to get the living room/dining room done by the weekend. Almost made it. Got the paneling all done, new shelves put up and the new cabinets in ... have to put in the countertop tomorrow and hopefully the carpeting. Then I have to figure out where I want to put everything!

Oh my you have had a really rough week! So very sorry. Sorry to hear of your nephew's and Aunt's passing. So is it this coming Monday your mom is having surgery? I wish you both well .. will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And, how was the Opera? Sounds like fun.

OK .. where is the rest of you? Post soon! That's an order!

Night Night ...
Love, CJ

03-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi! It has been almost two years since I have posted. I hope that you remember me. I remember when this was such a busy place to be; it looks like it has become really quiet. I'm glad to see that CJ, Sylvia, Peggy, and Sharon still come back to check in now and then, and I see that there are some new faces too. I'm trying to get myself motivated to lose some weight and get in shape. Maybe I can get some inspiration from some of my old friends here.


03-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi, this is Lynnie. I am so excited to have found 3FC and now you all. It was all by accident in the first place. I was looking up something on google and it had nothing to do with weight lose but I needed this place!!!! I need the support that this place provides. I have struggled with an eating disorder all my life and am in therapy even for it. But there is nothing like people who know where you have been and are. I am a recovering bulimic. I am trying to lose weight and not fall into old patterns. This is a first for me. So my struggles might seem a little different but basically they all revalve around food too.
I recently joined the YMCA and have been working out there 4-5 days a week. I have a trainer setting up a program for me so I dont go overboard and hurt myself but yet I challenge myself too. My kids get to go and play games in the rec room while I work out if they are not in school. Its a good set up.
My hardest time of day is 3-6 in the evening for snacking time. When the kids get home from school and want snacks, while I make supper(and snack) and then I have to eat it(supper) after I just snacked and snacked. Ugh!!

Well, I look forward to getting to know you all. I will write more later. Thanks for the warm welcome!

03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Good morning ladies! Just popping in for a quick hello to welcome in one of our "oldies" and a "newbie" ...

Of course we remember you! So glad you found your way back here and hope you post with us a lot and STAY! Yes, we have gotten considerately smaller than we were, but we are stubborn and I feel this group will grow again. But we still have a lot of motivation and support to give even tho we "shrunk". Boy, we were a wild and crazy group were'nt we? lol

Welcome to our little group. Am pleased that you found us and decided to post here with us. We do have a lot of motivation and support and love to share even tho we are now small so hope you post lots with us and we get to know you more. Sounds like a pretty neat deal with the YMCA you have going .. keep up the good work.

Well ... got to finish my coffee and get dressed. Hopefully today we will finish our "great room" project, maybe even get the carpet in. I'll check back in later .. come on girls - POST POST POST!!!

Love, CJ

03-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi guys,
I am glad to say my job for the NAEP administering tests in the grade, middle and high schools was over a few days ago and boy am I tired AND GLAD too. I never saw my family, with going on Sundays and not coming home till Friday and with H & R Block on the weekend, I am tired. But now we are done till I get another study so I am taking some time off to rest and get ready for daughter, Kelly's wedding the end of April. I am not working at H & R Block till the end of March, beginning of April when things get busy with those last minute procrastanators or the ones who owe money doing their taxes finally.

Tomorrow is my daughters 1st of 2 showers, this one will be given by her soon to by mother in law and I am going to both. I want to meet her fiance, Brian's family so I will know them by the wedding if I can remember them. HA HA Than on Sunday going to Fort Walton Beach, Florida with son, Dan to see other daughter, Tracy, who is in the Air Force. She is finally home from Kuwait after 6 months and her and husband, Brett have orders to go by March 17th to Scott Air Force base in Illinois. So Dan and I will be going there for 5 days and will be bringing her 2 cats back with us as she will have to be in base lodging till the can get a house. Man with our 4 cats that will be 6 bushy tails for sure. Not looking forward to traveling with her cats for 12 hours, but we will manage somehow. Boy the things you do for your kids eh?

It will be great to see Tracy after so long and trying to figure out where to go to get some of those crablegs they are noted for. HA HA Of course it would be food on my mind, but at least it is seafood. OK OK I will try not to use so much butter and more lemon juice with it. LOL

But anyways, glad to be home but will be coming back from Florida just in time, on Thursday to go to Kelly's 2nd bridal shower on March the 12th. Than they will have to leave me alone till the wedding on April the 30th. I swear I just want some time off to do nothing, but it doesn't look that way. It seems like we just had Tracy's wedding not too long ago and here it is another wedding in the family. Hopefully my 2 sons will wait a few while and let me rest up for a while before they get married down the road.

I see we have some newbies here. HOORAY!!!!

Trish-Yes indeed I do remember you and am glad you are back with us again. We have missed you lots and lots. Yes, we will inspire you and you can do the same for us. I can't get it together either. With all the traveling I do for work and eating out we have done, but thank goodness that is over so I am ready to do good and know that we can help each other for sure. I am so very glad you are back Trish. ;)

Rachael-Welcome welcome welcome to our group. So you are on that Oprah Boot Camp? I saw that on TV last week and from what I saw of her staff, it sure worked for them. What a difference it made. I saw the no food 3 hours before bedtime and I am trying to do that. But the "no alcohol " was not good, except she allowed a glass of wine for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I love wine now and than and that would be hard for me, cause just when you tell me I can't have it "I WANT IT"! HA HA Let me know how that is working for you and give us some more tips of what they ask you to do or not to do cause I have forgotten some of the rules she said on TV. Oh yes I think you maybe had to exercise 6 days a week is that right? I think they all took maybe Sundays off if I remember right. I am sure everyone would love to hear more in detail about it and it might help some of us too. :flow2:

Lynnie-It sounds like you are on the road to victory with joining the Y like you did and that way you can take the kids with you and they can play while you workout. Good plan! Tell us about yourself and your family. I see that you have kids, how many, girls or boys and what are their ages? I would love hearing about them and all about you so we can get to know you. Yes, you are right, no matter what we all struggle with food issues so we are all in the same boat here. I too love to snack in the evening, I try to make healthier choices, but sometimes don't. Remember every day is a new day so we can always start over again. We would love to help you and visa versa. Welcome and glad you have decided to join our great group. Looking forward to hearing from you. :^:

Peggy-I am sooooo sorry about all that has happened to your nephew and Aunt as well. It sounds like things were very frantic with all going on with your Mom. Glad it worked out and you handled everything well in spite of everything going on. All I can say Peggy is thank God she has you and you are there for her. I know how you feel too, with my brother Jerry it sometimes like I am going a thousand miles a minute with him. Today I wanted to try to clean the house cause I have been away so much and I am going to Florida on Sunday for 5 days and having weekend company when I get back for the weekend. Do you think I could do that? I had to take Jer to the doctors for a check up, go to the hospital to get a form for something he needed AND had to wait like 2 hours at the license branch to get a handicapped card for when I am with Jerry we can park closer since he is on oxygen all the time and it would help him. Boy today I know how you feel, but you know like your Mom they just don't have anyone to do these things for them and it is truely a labor of love for us isn't it? Take some time for yourself and hope the opera was a break for you. I plan to take some time for myself in Florida and will try not to worry too much about Jer and know he is in good hands with my husband, Ken. :dizzy:

CJ-Boy you have been a busy woman lately with all you are doing on your cabin. But that is great that you are fixing it up and I'll bet it looks great from the last time we were there too. From your pictures you send of the deck and hot tub I thought it looked great. What a paradise you have there. Miss you and we will connect soon, just let me get back home from Florida. Glad things are working out well for you at the cabin and try not to work too hard when you get back to the house in Royal Oak, but I know you are probably saying "Who else is going to do all this" ? Right? Right! :df:

Sylvia-Hey girlfriend how are things going for you and your wonderful family. Are you all recovered from your trip to Mexico? Sure hope so, miss you so much and hope all is well with you. :D

Sherry-Hey Sher-Bear! I saw that you posted your bio with us and mentioned my and CJ's name, that was so nice of you. I sent you an email a few weeks ago and hope you got it. I miss you lots and lots, post again and let us know how you are doing. By the way I loved your picture that I saw in you bio, you look just great I thought. Hope all ils well and love you much. :coffee:

I still don't have my dress for Kell's wedding so maybe while I am in Florida I will drag Tracy out to some stores to help me out. Last time I had my dress for Kell's wedding 6 months before. I saw one I liked but passed on it cause it cost too much, but than when I went back they didn't have anymore. Darn I guess I snoozed and loosed. HA HA

Well better get off her and try to get some things done around here tonight. Now hopefully I can post more often, that is if I don't get all bogged down with the wedding. I am excited about it all, but am a bit overwhelmed by it all. :eek:

Take care and talk to you guys later. Sassy Sharon :cb:

03-05-2005, 04:53 AM
What a day! It started at 3am as usual (right now I have my days and nights messed up, I will explain further down). I cleaned up from last nights dinner geust. Weblos 2 and their families. My husband and I are pack leaders and he is pack commitee chairman. We have an 11 year old boy who is in 5th grade. He will be crossing over to Boy scouts next week and we had a clebration dinner for the boys at our house night before last. So I cleaned , did laundry all the usual stuff. Then had coffee and read a little. At 6 I got the kids up (we also have a daughter age 13, 8th grade) to start getting ready for school. At 8 I went to my Moms house and cleaned for 3 1/2 hours and then went to the Y from there. Then home. I was exhausted. I napped for awhile. Then got up for the kids to come home. My daughter had 2 friends spend the night last night so I had 3 giggly 13 year olds here. LOL
My days are not always this full. As a matter of fact they can be quite boring and need to be. To much stimula is way to hard on me. I have bipolar 1, PTSD and bulimia. Those are all my official diagnisis'. I am not able to work any more because of my disabilities and am 40. However I never know when I will have a manic or depressive episode and am not stable enough for employment. I am currently on Social Security. I was in the hospital 3 times last year. My meds make it hard to lose this weight. Most are weight gainers. But I am determined not to gain more and to keep on losing more little by little!!! :)
My sleep schedule is messed up right now due to a change in meds so that is why I am up at 2 am writing to you all. The past 2 months it has been very erratic.
I am happily married to a very supportive husband of soon to be 15 years. He is my rock!
I am looking forward to spring and summer to get out and go camping , swimming, biking, four wheeling, just being outside!!!!
Thats it for the intro. LOL

03-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Hello Ladies! :wave

I know I haven't posted in a while ....believe me, it's been a rough few weeks. When I finally got over the stomach bug, my car was stolen (Monday 2/21) then, 2/25, I had to take my husband to the emergency room because he was complaining of chest pains (after 8 hours in emergency with an 18 month old) that turned out to be stress related and not heart related then on 3/4 Nico had an awful cough so I called the doctor and they sent us to urgent care only to be told that my little boy has pneumonia and will be staying at the hopsital for observation. Turns out, Nico had low oxygen levels( in addition to the pneumonia and a respiratory virus) and was on oxygen for the weekend (he was discharged yesterday afternoon). Nico is doing well now but still hacking up his lungs. He is contagious and has been quarantined (?) for the next 10 days. I can take him for walks outside but he has to be in the open air and not around people.

To make things worse, my MIL is here and only is concerned with herself. When we told her that Nico was in the hospital, her only comment was "what about my lunch?". She never asked about Nico. I came this {} close from telling her exactly what I thought and go off on her. That is a whole other story.

As for me, I'm a complete basket case. I have been good and not eaten everything I see.

I've got to run and give Nico his medication. Since I'm stuck home, I'll post more tomorrow.

Big hugs to all of you!


03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone,
I am at my daughter Tracy's in Florida till tomorrow and according to my husband our computer crashed completely-blue screen according to him. So I thought I would post from here support for Sylvia.

I am so sorry for all you have been going through with your husband, son and especially your ungrateful mother in law. I know you want to tell her off so badly but won't because of your husband. So you will just have to go off somewhere and beat your pillow or something. Gosh, you have survived the stomach, your car being stolen, your husband going to the hospital-thank goodness he is alright, your baby in the hospital and now your MIL too. I feel so bad for you, but know you will get through this and everything will be alright again. Just hang in there Sylvia and try to just get through the next minute. Let your MIL call out for pizza or better yet let your husband deal with her, she's HIS mother after all. You have a good heart and don't forget that when Nico gets married, how NOT to act. I know you will be a great MIL anyways, you don't have it in you to be any other way. I love you Sylvia and don't you forget that. This is for you ((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))

Well take care everyone and talk to you soon when I get back and see what kind of a computer Ken has got from Circuit City according to him it is the latest and greatest, whatever that means. I am not computer person anyways. So I will talk to you soon.

Love, Sharon

03-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Sorry I had meant to address Lynnie in the previous post as well.

Lynnie-My gosh you sure are a busy lady from what I can see with all you do. How neat that you are your and your husband are your son's Weblo pack leader. We had our youngest son in the Cub Scouts for awhile and I remember seeing all the leader's did and it is quite a lot to keep everything and everyone running smoothly. Kudo's to you's for being there, these are the things your son will remember, giving time to them. I am very happy for you that your husband is so supportive of you, I too have a rock for a husband and believe me it makes for a much better life. On the bi-polar disorder and the weight thing I know that your determination will help you to achieve your goal. Hang in there and we will help each other get to where we all want to be.

Take care and hope to hear from everyone else, CJ-Come back and post, you busy lady you, how is the cabin coming along? Peggy-Hope your Mom is doing better, Trish-Come on back and post with us again, Rachael-how are things going with your Oprah Boot Camp weight loss plan? and anyone else looking forward to hearing from you when you post with us. Of course Sylvia will be back because we want to know how things are going with everything that you have been going through lately.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

03-10-2005, 08:21 PM
:wave: Howdy ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm hanging in there. Nico is still sick but, he's still a happy little boy when he isn't coughing up his lungs. The weather has been in the mid 70's all week so we've gone on some nice long walks. Today, I took him to the beach and he really enjoyed it (the doctor recommended ocean air for him, don't why). My emotional eating finally came to fruition yesterday...thanks Easter candy! I had been doing well and then I found the candy. I am walking everyday for an hour or more so I am getting some exercise in.

Peggy- How are you lady? You had a rough week as well. {{{{HUGS}}}} Sorry to hear about the losses in your family and the news regarding your Mom's health. We are here for you so, dump away. Hang in there, and just remember to take it one day at a time.

Trish- I remember you! It has been a while hasn't it? Congratulations of recommitting yourself to losing weight... sounds like something that WW would send out huh? :lol: We are here for you!

Lynnie- Welcome to the group! These ladies are wonderful and very supportive, you will love it here. Sounds like you are one busy lady! Like I told Peggy, take it one day at a time.

Rachael- Welcome to the group! This is a very supportive group and these are some of the most wonderful ladies on the planet! How do you like Oprah's boot camp?

CJ- How are you chickie? Well, you sure are a busy lady aren't ya? Glad to hear that the hot tub is making you feel better, imagine how you would feel if you didn't have it? I've done home projects and I sure felt it the next day. Before I forget, BRAT, BRAT, BRAT! I noticed you almost got away with not being "bratted".

Sharon- Wel,l hello my friend. Thank you for all of your kind words and support (they made me cry but in a good way:lol: ) I have been through a lot and I just take it a day at a time. That's all I can do and hope nothing else comes up. You are a quite the social butterfly aren't ya? You are going to be the best looking Mother of the bride! Try to have at least one day for yourself, you deserve it! Isn't your son engaged as well? I thought I remember that ... or maybe it's time for me to take a nap! :D I love you too chickie!

Well ladies, I'm off to take a nap while Nico is sleeping. I also have to count his breathing ( I hope that makes sense).

Lots of hugs to all!


03-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Since I haven't been here for a long time, I want to bring you up to date on what has been happening in my life. I'm still working full time. My husband took early retirement last summer from the company where he had worked for almost 30 years and has begun his own consulting company. His part time work seems to becoming full time as the year goes by. Last summer, my son completed three years as a flight surgeon, including a six month deployment in Iraq, and is now a resident in orthopedic surgery. I became a grandmother for the first time in December when my daughter (and son-in-law) had a beautiful baby girl. She's a little angel! I haven't really made any effort in the weight department during the last year, but it's time for me to get serious about it. My husband and I are taking an anniversary trip at the end of the summer to Hawaii for two weeks, so I would like to lose some weight.

That's enough about me. Welcome to Lynnie and Rachael. If you stick around, you'll make some great friends.

CJ, you sure have a lot of energy! I bet your cabin will look great after you finish your projects.

Sharon, it sounds like you are having fun with your daughter's showers and wedding. What an exciting time this must be for you!

Sylvia, I'm glad to hear that your husband is okay and your son is seems to be feeling better. Sorry to hear about your self centered mother-in-law. I can sympathize because my MIL was awful too.

Peggy, it sounds like you have had a difficult week. I hope that your mother is doing better.

I'll check back in early next week. I plan to start WW online on Monday. Have a great weekend!


03-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Good morning girls ... sorry I've been away for a while - we've just been so busy and have had company for a few days too .. We have finished putting in the carpeting ... the room looks sooooo nice and is so much more cozy now with the carpet. Yesterday Dick finished the trim on the bay window we put in the kitchen ... we put one in our bedroom too and he'll be finishing the trim on that one today. Then when we get back from downstate (have to clear out the rest of the furniture and get the house down there up for sale) we will paint the bedroom paneling and put in carpet there also. Then we will start on the back room which will become my computer room. If we ever decide on our exact house plans (we keep changing our minds) we may just get our new home started this year yet. But, if not, we have our cozy cabin to stay in until we do. It’s been snowing still every day this week! We still have so much and just keep getting more. Now I do love snow but … am sick of it already .. enough is enough … snow snow go away and don’t come back again til next winter!

Oh my but you have had your share of troubles! I do hope your hubby and dear sweet Nico are both feeling much better now! As Sharon says, hang in there and just get through one min at a time … everything will turn out … as far as MIL is concerned, if you can just turn a deaf ear to her rantings and selfish wants! Or go somewhere and to quote Sharon – hit a pillow to vent! Even my MIL is not that bad … she sounds very selfish! You are in my thoughts and I hope things are getting better for you by now.

Hey girlfriend – hope you are having a fun time with Tracy … you sure deserve a rest after all the traveling you have been doing! So sorry to hear about your computer dying … egads – I haven’t heard the phase “blue screen of death” in a while! Lol ….. Oh well .. by the time you get home you will have a nice new computer to post on … We need to talk girlfriend! It’s been a long long time.

How are things going with you .. you have such a busy life and then dealing with your health dificulties, you are doing a wonderful job. It’s great too that you have such wonderful support from your hubby! That does really make a difference. Keep up the good work and come back and keep posting with us. Haven’t heard from you in a while.

Where are you? Come in and post. How are you doing on your walking – Oprah Boot Camp?

Congratulations on becoming a Grandmother! That’s so much fun … I have 9 grandchildren and 1 great-grandson! What a great goal to lose wt for .. a trip to Hawaii – how wonderful! Glad you found us again and hope you post with us a lot! Good luck with WW ... let us know how you do.

How is everything with you? Hope all is calming down some .. how is your mother doing? Miss you!

Well, today we are putting up a new cubbord in the kitchen … we were going to go downstate today but changed our mind and are not leaving until Wednesday. We HAVE to go Wednesday as we have appt on Thursday for our taxes! Uggg ….

We have not been going to the casino for a few weeks but broke down and went last nite … I did win $500 so we came home with our original amount of $$$$ plus the $500. It was a good nite. :)

Got to run now but wanted to post as it has been awhile .. sorry. We’ve just been busy and had company and I’ve been wanting to get a post in but just haven’t taken the time … but I think of you all a lot …

Oh, yes, Slyvia – thanks for the BRAT!

Later …
Love, CJ

sweet tooth
03-15-2005, 07:29 PM
I can't believe extra few minutes to touch base with my friends. There has been quite a lot of activity over the past week. So good to see new people posting. Welcome Lynnie and Rachael.

Sylvia - Oh my goodness. What a time you have had. It just can't rain, it always seems to pour. I am so glad that your DH and Nico are OK. What a time to have them both ill and try to keep MIL happy. I have in-laws like that, too. When they come to visit, they think we should drop everything and 'honour' them in everything they do. I would not let them stay with us when our daughter got married because I didn't want them to steal her show and demand that they be put front and centre. I only let them come now when I have the time to deal with them because they are so high maintenance.

Lynnie - So good to have you here. You have found the right place. We are all here to support each other in a healthy way. Hope to hear more from you. Take care.

CJ - Post pics of your new room. Sounds awesome. We are beginning another bathroom reno...not because we want to, but because we have to. We have a water leak upstairs that is soaking the ceiling and rotting the flooring. That will be started next week, then left to dry out for a while. :lol: That's the excuse, anyway.

Me - Well, we got mom through her surgery, but it was a lot of work. She was sooooo confused and quite argumentative and aggressive. She is getting out of the really confused stage into her normal confused stage. :D I will just need to keep her organized for a bit, I'm afraid. I'm not sure that she will ever be able to manage her schedule, but as long as the staff where she lives keeps tabs on her whereabouts, we should be OK. I took her to the dr. yesterday morning and arrived back at the senior's home at the same time as the bus from the home. I discovered that the bus driver is an old colleague of mine who retired a few years ago. Now that he knows who my mom is, he will call me if he runs into problems when he is driving her about. That's a relief.

I am scheduled for surgery as soon as the dr. can get a bed for me. My cancer has progressed to a point that he doesn't want to take any chances with it spreading. However, it will still be caught in enough time that I will not require any radiation or chemo. I am still looking at taking DM to the cancer clinic for follow up treatment, so that will be enough for me.

Hope everyone has a great week. I will check in when I get a few minutes. Take care everyone.

03-16-2005, 03:31 AM
Hello Ladies! :wave:

I'm popping in for a quick hello. Nico is doing well, he's actually passed it along to me. Thanks son. I'm still an emotional wreck thinking that I may give it back to him...the doctor assures me that that won't happen as long as I wash my hands and cover my mouth when I have my coughing fits. This isn't any fun at all. The worse part of it is that I can't walk more than five minutes without losing my breath...the doctor says that's normal when you have a a bronchial virus. I do drink a lot more water than usual (or else I have coughing fits) so I guess there is something good out of this.

I' ve got to go, these coughing fits are driving me nuts and I have to take my medicine!

I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Hugs to all!


03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
:goodvibes Hi everyone,
Well got back from my daughters and Florida on Thursday and had to run around and get things done as my wonderful sister in law, Chrissy and niece, Emily were coming to go to daughter, Kelly's shower. We all had a wonderful time and Chrissy and Emily loved being there and I was very happy that she took the time to come down from Michigan to be there.

Sylvia-Glad things are going well now for you and your family. Sorry about your broncial virus though and how it has affected you.The water for you cough though should be a plus, I need to drink more water, but with all this going all the time I would be living in the public bathrooms. Keep on taking care of yourself lady, wouldn't want anything to happen to you. :stars:

CJ-Yes we do need to talk, so when I get back let's do that. I miss you much and can't wait to talk to you again. New carpeting eh? I'll bet it looks great. Isn't new anything great? Just adds to your home doesn't it? Don't worry, you will get the house started before you know it and meanwhile you are snug as a bug in a rug in the cabin till spring comes. :goodvibes

Peggy-I am happy that your Mom got through her surgery and is doing good. Keep us up to date as to how you are doing, we will be there for you. I know everything go well with you. :twirly:

Well Tracy's 2 cats are adjusting, but the trip was not too bad. They wanted out of their carriers and after a couple of hours I just let them lay on the backseat floor together and you could tell they were both scared to death. But we got through it and home safe and sound. They are slowly getting used to the house plus our 4 cats, their cousins I guess you could say. HA HA But they have done much hiding out this past week, under anything they can find. But they are doing better and coming out more and more and once in a while we have a confrontation and some bushy tails, but it hasn't been too bad. Tracy is on her way from Florida to Illinois today and hopefully they will find a house to take their kitties to really soon. Well what's a mother to do? I could'nt just let her have to give up those kitties to another home, after all they are part of their family as ours are. That's just part of being a good mother I guess, just helping out you family in time of need. She calls like 3 or 4 times a day for a report on Nike and Furby, her kitties. HA HA

Anyways, just when you think I am staying home, Ken and I are heading on Friday to Atlantic City for a real vacation together. So had to arrange with son, Dan and his friend, to take care of Jerry while we are gone. Ken had to take him to the hospital for his COPD/breathing while I was in Florida so he is feeling much better and I think he will be alright while I am gone. I will worry and will call to make sure my brother is alright, but will try to have fun and clear my mind and enjoy Atlantic City.

Hope everyone else is doing fine and looking forward to reading some more posts. Take care everyone and I will see you when I get back from Atlantic City, hopefully richer, but I doubt it. :sorry:

03-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone! This is just a quickie to say hello ... we are downstate at our house in royal Oak now and will be working to clear out all the rest of the stuff in here. Probably will be here for maybe a month at least. Had someone come and look yesterday - possibly to buy it. We came down Wednesday and our alternator blew! Not only did it blow but it caught fire! Pretty scarry it was. We were close to our son's house so we called him and he picked us up an alternator and belt and brought it to us. Had our taxes done yesterday and what a relief we don't have to pay this year! We are getting a little bit back actually.

Sharon: have a fun trip and win some $$$$$$$$ ...


What happened to our newbies???

Well ... we have dinner plans so have to go wash up and get ready ... talk to you soon

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
03-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Just stopping for a quick drive by...

Have been really busy ripping the bathroom apart, trying to keep the schedule in tact, get work caught up so that I can be sick :lol: , and then someone at church had a brilliant idea that there should be banners for the sanctuary for Easter and that I should make them. I couldn't say no because I have not shared much of what is going on in our lives with anyone there and didn't want to, I am making banners like mad this week. Oh, bother!!!

Two of the grandkids have birthdays this week, but we are not able to be with them this year. I just don't want to be away with the state that DM is in. It's just too difficult this year, but we will try to be there soon.

Our daughter called last week to let us know that the oldest granddaughter has had a recurrence of seizures. She was diagnosed with epilepsy about 2 years ago, but her EEG last June was normal. The dr. weaned her off her medication and all seemed to be fine...until last week. She had two seizures the same day, so they are starting at square one with the medication again. We are hoping that she will eventually outgrow the seizures.

Our other son and his fiance are planning their wedding. They are getting married in Cuba next January. All the fees for the trip need to be paid right now. The other son is having trouble putting the money together, so it is another charge that DM & DD get sucked into. :lol:

When we were dealing with DM's surgery and the deaths in the family, our son's fiance's mother called from her home town and wanted to know what I had done about a shower for her daughter. HELLOOOOO, it is still over 10 months to the wedding AND, it is not my call on a shower. Then she mentioned that a girlfriend who lives here has not been returning her calls, so she wants to know what is going on. I explained to her that, the girlfriend could be out of town (I work at the same place as she does, and she travels quite a bit), and also that I had too many things on my plate at the moment and my head space was not there. I told her that I would call the girlfriend in a couple of weeks when we had gotten over the hump and touch base with her. NOT 4 days later, the mother called me again. Then she makes a snide comment about, if this was Calgary, the shower planning would be done (she has a SIL in Calgary who would do it). I was really ticked, then.

I sent an email to the girlfriend to see if we could get together for coffee, but didn't want to push things too far. I explained that I didn't want to be pushy, but if we even set a date, that might suffice for the moment. We finally got together last week, and she said that she appreciated the comment about being pushy. She was actually not returning the phone calls because the lady was calling her every day. She was away for 2 weeks and came home to voice mail messages - at least one from every day that she was away. OMG! She said that when someone treats her like that, making her feel obligated, it really strips her of the joy and she resents it. AND, she was ignoring our future DIL - it was affecting their friendship.

When all this was going on, our son had a chat with DH and was really disappointed that I wasn't overjoyed with all the wedding plans. When he found out what was going on in the background, he was livid. Soooo, a stop was put to the whole thing and the girlfriend is going to do something that she can handle at a more appropriate time. Thank goodness that is over.

As I was typing this note, I received a call from the hospital. My sugery is scheduled for April 25, so that is a month away. I have 4 weeks to get my work caught up and completed in advance, then it will be a life of leisure for a few weeks. So much for the yard work. I would like to lose about 5 pounds before the surgery, and the surgeon says that I will probably lose about 10 pounds during the surgery and recovery, so I am going to be bikini skinny for the summer. At least there is some good to come out of this. :D

Hope everyone is doing well. If I don't get back before the weekend, have a Happy Easter.

sweet tooth
03-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Yooooo Hoooooo.... Where is everyone?

Just stopping in to say hello and find out where everyone is. Hope everyone had a great Easter....mine was very quiet, and I ate waaaay toooo many off program goodies, so it is back to the weight loss regimine this week. Hopefully, I will have the few extra pounds taken off by the weekend.

Have a great week. Take care.

03-31-2005, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, is it possible? I think I will! :devil:

Please go to the new thread!