Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Thursday Chat - February 17th

Good Morning Lovies

Hope your week is chugging along nicely. Mine is okay, can't really complain. Trying to eat right and all that jazz

Whats shakin ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Lynnie:

They do not have the Dole apples & carmel thingies at my grocery! How disappointing. I had to buy fresh fruit instead, then was too tired to eat it anyway....strawberries and kiwis were on sale along with cantelope that isn't quite sweet enough unless I dump splenda on it.

I bought a lot of veggies yesterday and some whole wheat blend pasta. All this healthy eating is going to kill me

I did not exercise before work this morning, I've put in 4.25 hours this week and thought I would just do my PM session at the gym. (plus my glute muscles were screaming so maybe they need a little break).... All the exercising is kicking my butt, I fall asleep by 9PM!

BBL, hope everyone is having a good day.....I wonder if I could make a carmel/apple thing with some sugar-free ice-cream topping?????
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

hey leenie! good to see ya girlie! so glad the eating is going well! how r u and dd feeling? that cold junk gone?

hey marble! you are doing AWESOME with all that exercising! YOU GO GIRL!

I did 2 miles on the treadmill after work yesterday ~ Feb Miles = 20.5 ~ and plan to go again during lunch and walk the track. The treadmill is hard on my knees for some reason.

Cin? how is your dear hubby? what did the doc say?

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well it seems as though we are in for more snow here.I just love that Lake effect snow!YUCK!!!Boy do my legs ache today.I forgot how achey they would be once i started WATP again.Anyway, I got and put my exercise outfit on so I am sitting here just raring to go.

Marble:
I am sorry you didn't have the Dole in your store.You might wanna check at a different store.Sometimes that happens here and sometimes its very much worth it to look in another place.I love Splenda I think it enhances the flavor of the fruit.I put it on peaches.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #5  

Yeah, out of season winter fruit sometimes seems to have less taste. I give it a splenda shot.

I'll check out the mega-store for the carmel fruit the next time I go.

I see that some people count miles and some count time...whatever works! But I am still searching for the answer to that infamous question.......Why is it I can put on 3 lbs. after one fancy dinner and then it seems to take 3 weeks to burn it off?

BBL
Old 02-17-2005, 12:16 PM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, everyone,

Sounds like everyone is doing o.k. this morning. Me, too. I am so happy that WW is working for me. I feel pretty at peace about it, too. I need to trust that . I haven't had a chance to look for the caramel apple things, but I have found Skinny Cows ice cream sandwiches, which I believe are two points each. They are pretty good. It is so hard to get good fruit at this time of the year. Have a good day, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:17 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I have a guy coming to look at my 2 scooters (which are conveniently located in my living room) in about 40 minutes so this will be short
after the Vday food fest it's been hard to be op this week I had a sugar cookie yesterday GRRRRR It's goign to take another week to kill the sugar craving!
Lynnie I'm sorry you're hurting lady I always hurt when I start exercising BUT! and i Do mean BUTT think of what its doing for your arse its getting perky and tight!
Whenever I'm sore lol I like to think How good my arse is goign to look
Marble I have never seen those but I will check my shoprite and see what they have
Have you looked at Trader Joes they have lots of healthy yet delish food
Cathy you have to come to Jersey and kick my butt into High Gear! you're so good!
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:00 PM   #8  

Keirie:

there is a mega-super-dooper Shoprite not far from my house, it's just not on my regular route home ...they have everything. Surprisingly, the grape tomatoes taste WONDERFUL this week, they are full of flavor

I'm a big Sam's shopper so I can only go once a month for groceries, animal supplies. I do love the Portobella giant caps. I spray them with PAM, season and broil.

I've also discovered that I like whole-wheat pasta (much better fiber content). And I dress all the salads with lemon before i hit the dressing...seems to s-t-r-et-c-h it.

OK, this fiber-woman is going to hit the gym for lunchtime work out, I'll be craving chocolates when I return.....
Old 02-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Marble if you still can't find them let me know.Maybe we can work out something for me to send ya some?

TKD: I have had those ice cream sanwiches and they are pretty good.I alos eat alot of No fat frozen vanilla yogurt.

I increased my exercise to another 5 mins which added another .5 miles to my miles for February.*Runs away with Cathy's idea* But I do have to hit my inhaler because its so hard to breath.But I am fine after that.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

wow! I am so proud of our gang!
you gals are doing AWESOME with all this exercising!

I did 2 miles on the walking track during lunch!

Feb Miles = 22.5

Marble - I journal everything and have a little exercise calendar in my purse. For some reason I take great pleasure in marking off each day that I exercise and writing in what I actually do - then I can look back at each week, month and even the year to see how much, and how many days I have exercised. I started posted on the monthly walking thread in the exercise threads and they keep up with the actual miles - so I started logging in my miles. Since I know that I usually walk a 15 minute mile, I could figure up the time, but I can get a little obsessed with all these numbers so I try to stick to just one way of keeping up with it goodness I'm dizzy just talking about it. haha

Lynnie - I know all your hard work will pay off! I love all the WATP stuff. Maybe I can get up early enough tomorrow morning to do one of those before work

Kathy - a skinny cow sounds real good to me right now! wish I had some

Kiere - is the guy looking to fix your scooters or maybe buy them? I hope all goes well!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-17-2005 at 02:23 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
My Scooter will be fixed THANK GOD! It shouldn't take more than a week and the 65% of the price of the part is insured so instead of 800+ the motor will be $250
My foods been much better today and dinner is already made! So i ahve a few things to get done have to interview a puppy raiser tonight for an article
and make a grocery list
My grocery lists are categorized I'm scary when it comes to food
BBIAB
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #12  

Talking

I went to the gym and managed 36 minutes on the Ellip (levels 7-9 on the Precor) burning 333 calories and 20 mins on the Treadmill burning 152 calories (now can I eat chocolate?)....That's a whopping 485 calories of hard cardio...my face is red and I need to change my shirt (again).....I am hiding in my office until the staff clears out at 430PM.

Nothing makes me feel better mentally than a good workout, so why do I avoid them like the plague until I get to a point where I make my body a disaster? (hmmmm, I will confront the doc. about this at my next session, 2 years of psycho. therapy and I come up with the answers, not her????). I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to write everything down, although I'm less obsessive about it....but if I could find the gold stars like you used to get in grammar school, i'd buy a box for my calendar!

Lynnie thanks for the dole offer, but I'm sure i can find them I just have to look around....(however, I will discuss GRAPE SUGAR=FREE Jello with you, it does not appear in NJ!)...I love to make this dessert-type thing with fat-free sourcream, grape jello base and walnut topping....it's kind of a side-dish to turkey (yes, it sounds wierd, but my old BF's mother was from West TX and always made it and it tastes great!)

I mentioned that I ordered the Bob Greene new book and upsell pedometer from HSN the other day? that should be a fun motivator......I love gadgets (toys).

Hope everyone has a great evening and whoever is feeling punky gets a well-deserved rest!!! thanks for listening!!!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

I'm doing much better ladies, just run down, gonna sleep and relax a bit more. I'm taking my vitamins again, and I can eat normal food now heheheh... Still got this weird feeling in my throat tho, feels like you got somethign stuck in your throat... strange... oh and slight tingle in my ear, guess that will take a while to clear up. However, I'm doing much better.

Will try to get back to personal replies later....

Take care everyone...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote