General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:55 PM   #1  

Question Driver's License "Dilemma"...

Hello All-

I realize that this is not a critical dilemma, but is one of those unanticpated side effects/consequences of weight loss (a good one, like discovering bones you haven't seen in awhile!).....it is the weight on your driver's license!!

Now, I recently moved to a new state (just before strating the diet/lifetsyle change) and was suprised that my new home required that I report my weight on the license...and at the time I did the only reasonable thing...I lied and reported a weight a good 25-35 pounds below my actual weight. Now that I have lost some weight I have actually gone below this fake weight. I know that I should be personally happy with my own weight loss and not find my worth in the numbers, etc....but I still get "carded" often (more because I live in a college town) and do feel self-conscious each time it happens...

So I really see the following as my options:

1. Go to the department of motor vehicles every week and demand they change my license to reflect my work/effort and loss.

2. Claim I lost my license and in the process of getting a new one report anotyher fake weight 25-35 pounds lower than my actual and use this as a goal.

3. Move to a state in which this stupid statistic is not necessary to reveal on one's license/ID (this is really not an option for at least two years!)

Any advice, opinions, similar issues? Department of Motor Vehicles perspective??

Peace-
Old 02-16-2005, 12:38 AM   #2  
No Uno Mas?

Hi.
Missouri's neighbooring state...Kansas where I am, also requires that your weight apepear on your DL. According to mine, I've weighed 185 since receiving my DL when I was 17. I think moving is a little drastic and getting a new one may cost ya.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

There is another option to consider. Live it up. Smile really big and say I've lost weight and feel GREAT now. The last time I had to take a flight, the gal at the Continental counter passed my license down through all the other counters and started yelling for a friend of hers to come over here and look at this. Hubby was doting on how well I'd done and I was just laughing about it.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Just a thought - anyone who is carding you probably couldn't care less what the weight says on your license. They are checking your date of birth. You are probably the only one who even notices it. Since you asked, I'd leave it the way it is until you actually get to goal, then get a new license. The weight you list then is your business.

In unlikey event that someone DOES make a comment, you can always roll your eyes and say - "Yeah, that's my OLD weight - need to get that changed!"
Old 03-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #5  

Isnt there technically a rule saying you have to update your weight if it changes by more than "x" amt of pounds? Not that I think anyone actually follows that rule.........
Old 03-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I know the feeling
Here in Michigan you can say you lost it and pay the $12.00 and get a new one, and you might get a new pic change depending on how long it was since your had your last one.
I wouldnt mind getting the compliments of how good you look to your pic.
Get a new one if you would like or just enjoy all the comments you will get from the people who will notice the diffrence.
Closed Thread