Support Groups - "The Little Easter Chickies" challenge

KandiceS
02-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone!

this is a group that was started by Dena around Christmas time- "the merry christmas challenge" and then recently we were under "the valentinies".
we have met some very supportive, encouraging women along the way and we're always looking for more- so feel free to join!

Easter is March 27th this year- 5 weeks and then the rest of this week.

Pick a goal and a way that you're going to achieve it. we measure our sucesses on Mondays.

I'll start- I need to keep drinking my water- I've noticed more frequently I don't drink it all during the day. Continue going to Curves every day (they're having a bridal shower for me today!) :D and continue to eat healthy (might have a couple of speed bumps along the way with the KK cake and honeymoon room service) :lol:
Because I have all these things coming up- I want to be realistic in my goal and say 5 lbs for me. down to 170.

anyone else?

deleted
02-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey there Kandice, hope that you and Chris had a sweet Valentine Day!:)

I am definitely starting my Easter challenge today, although I do have another trip planned beginning this coming Friday......... to Maryland for one night, on to Massachusetts for seven nights, back to Maryland for one night, and then home. So that's going to be nine traveling days, but I've decided to do my very best to eat more sensibly than I did while on vacation in Florida, etc.

My starting weight is 199 (have gained back one pound), and my goal will be ......... six pounds off by March 27. So I plan to be 193 by Easter, and I MEAN IT!:mad: No matter how much travel, etc., I do, that is no excuse for not losing! I will continue to do water aerobics at least 3X per week, do the weight machines/recumbent bike 2X per week, and try to throw in some good walks a couple of times a week.

I want to wish you all the very best on our new Challenge. Think of Spring and all the lightweight, more revealing clothes we're going to wear!:o (I'm thinking upper arms here!!!:D )

Should we review how we all did for Valentine's Day? I had promised myself that I'd lose to 195, but indeed, did not. I lost of one of the five pounds I'd promised myself, I think. But I'm happy............. with all the traveling I did, a year ago I would have gained five pounds!!!:^:

Good luck all! Let's go... :cheer:

KandiceS
02-15-2005, 11:01 AM
thanks Bonnie- Chris did very good for v-day: got a teddy bear, a pot of purple tulips (my fav and we can replant them next year!), and a balloon delivered to my work from him. the card said "can't wait until you're Mrs. Sxxx" I wrote a poem in the paper "Love Lines" they call them- I did that for him last year too and he laminated it.

for the valentine challenge I was at 183 and I said I wanted to lose 8 lbs to 175 and I did it as of 2/10- a few days before hand (good thing because TOM came last night and I'm bloated today and it showed on the scale :( )

Thanks for reminding me "No matter how much travel, etc., I do, that is no excuse for not losing!" but a girl has got to enjoy her honeymoon too- I will not go all out but I am going to indulge in a few things I haven't eaten forever! and then back to Curves when I get back!

deleted
02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Kandice, it's your HONEYMOON!!!!!!!! :dance: You should splurge to your heart's content........... you won't be able to overeat that much anyway. You'll feel like you're eating a lot, because you're used to eating so much less now............ but you won't gain much back. I was in Florida for 12 days, splurging badly! What did I gain back? About 1 - 1/2 pounds, so don't worry about it. Just enjoy.... you can lose the little bit you gain when you're back to real life!:) You only do your honeymoon trip with Chris once!:dizzy: :D :dizzy: Now, I'm another story! I have to stop thinking "going on a trip and that requires pigging out." I know better.......... I'm retired, and hopefully can do several trips. I can't let them be a license to overdo everyday.:( I'm getting on myself here!

Have a good day............:)

skinny_butt
02-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I am definitely up for the Easter challenge! I did not meet my goal for the v-day challenge-lose between5-10 pounds. :( However, I did lose 4.5 so I won't complain.

Here are my goals:
Exercise 5-6 days a week (fell off wagon during recent illness)
64 oz water a day
no sweets-exept natural, like fruits
lose 5 pounds

Kandice-I sooo agree w/Bonnie: it's your honeymoon, sweetie. Enjoy! Besides, I'm sure you'll find some interesting ways to exercise while on your honeymoon! ;)

Bonnie-ITA about being good while traveling. I have a weekend trip coming up soon and I am determined to behave myself! There really isn't any excuse, is there? Most hotels have gyms on their facilities nowadays.

I know the no sweets might sound drastic but I have other health reasons besides weight loss that inspired that goal.

Well, ladies-good luck! Glad to see another challenge started. Thanks for picking up the ball, Kandice.

Talk to you soon!

Florafae
02-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Kandice, thanks for starting the new challenge. :) I agree with everyone: ENJOY your honeymoon. It's not the time to be counting carbs.

My Easter goal is 7 pounds.

Good luck to everyone. We can do it! :flow2:

Florafae

deleted
02-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Well, guys, I have lost that 36th pound AGAIN! :D So now, I'm at 198 and counting............ 193 by Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: I will have been on this healthy eating program for 8 months, come next Tuesday. So far, I've averaged losing about 1 - 1/4 lbs. per week. I really haven't suffered............. And I can notice a real difference when I walk hilly areas, go up steps, etc. Can't imagine how I will feel when I lose the next 40 lbs. or so, or exactly what I'll want to weigh in the end.

Have a good day, girls! I'm having a busy one, getting ready to travel on Friday. Hair cut, laundry, exercise classes - pool tonight, weights again tomorrow............. trying to get it all done!:)

Lator, 'gators! :flow2:

KandiceS
02-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm definitely going to eat- I've heard all the wonderful stories about the food while you're on a cruise- 17 more days! going to book our shore excursions today- swim with the dolphins and a snorkeling trip. Chris wants to do parasailing- I almost went a couple years ago in Myrtle when we were there for my birthday- but can't make the commitment to go- that's so high up! I should do it this time for him though.

congrats bonnie on the next lb! 8 months- that's wonderful! :balloons:

I went from 170 (new low) on Saturday (naked at home) to 175 yesterday and then I'm 174 today. Blame it on TOM- all the salty foods... Hopefully after this week I'll get back down and weigh 175 again on the curves scale.... but just going to keep going along- and drinking my water!!

skinny_butt
02-16-2005, 09:54 AM
How's it going for everyone? Things here are good. I walked 4.5 miles yesterday and blasted off w/Richard Simmons this morning. So, getting back in the swing of things w/exercise. I missed it while I was sick but it sure is easy to get out of the habit, isn't it?

You guys, I'm already having a hard time w/the commitment I made to not have any sweets between now and Easter! Ugh. It's going to be a long five weeks. I've been replacing my healthy WW desserts w/fruit so I'm sure I'll be okay. I've been pretty liberal w/sweets lately. Even though they were "good for me" sweets like WW, thin crisps, etc. They were still sweets. I guess my body is rebelling against the sugar withdrawal! :)

Kandice-sounds like Chris and you are going to have a very memorable honeymoon. Well, I'm sure it would be memorable anyway b/c you'll have each other! But planning day trips, etc will help add to your memories. I would love to try parasailing! Maybe I'll put that on my reward list for reaching my goal weight. I've always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride as well. Another option. Way to keep your chin up about your bouncing weight. I'm sure things will even out after your TOM.

Bonnie-congrats on the lb! Way to go. Be safe while you're traveling.

Gotta run. Have a great day.

73toloose
02-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Can I join? I was waiting for the Valentines one to end since I came in to late to join. :)

My current weight is 216, my goals are:

Work out at least 30 min a day 5 or more days a week.
Drink 64 plus oz a day of water.
Loose 5 lbs.

:) :) :)

deleted
02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
73tolose, of course, you may join! We are so happy to have you with us. :) Five pounds is a good, reasonable goal over five to six weeks, and it's much easier to reach our goals when we have the moral support of a great group of ladies like this one!:^:

SkinnyButt and Florafae, so good to see you here with us on this Challenge! Aren't we all going to be a sight for sore eyes by summer???????????:D

Florafae
02-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Welcome 73tolose! This is a wonderful group, and youíll find a lot of support here. :grouphug:

Skinnybutt, Iíve been having a craving for sweets, too. Am--trying--to--resist--. :cookie: :m: :m:

Bonnie, congratulations on your pound lost and on 8 months of healthy eating. Good for you! :dancer:

Kandice, I have always wanted to swim with dolphins. I canít wait to hear about it when you get back.

I woke up this morning wondering why it is so easy to gain weight, and so hard to lose it. Wouldnít it be nice if it were the other way around? :D

Have a good day, everyone.

Florafae

KandiceS
02-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Skinny- WTG with the exercising! I would love to go on a hot air balloon ride! Every year there's a big hot air balloon festival in my parents home town- been like 15 years now (we always had to work at it because my dad was big in the youth rec program and he signed us up to pick up trash!)

73tolose- of course! welcome to the group! what kind of exercising are you doing?

Flora- I'll have pictures I'm sure! (of the dolphins and my skinny body in my bikini!) :lol: I can really honestly say- I'm excited to wear a bathing suit and bikini- I know I look good, I'm there with my HUSBAND...
and if you invent a way for it to be easy to lose- I'm right there with you! the weight didn't come on overnight, but it sure was a "good" time back then though- eating what I wanted to, when I wanted to, not having to worry about meals for the day...
Not going back to that though- after the wedding and the recpetion in June is over, we're going to have a yard sale to sell all of our old pots and pans and dishes and I think I'm going to put some of my old clothes in there too.

oh and my shower at curves- it was today instead... Got a set of dishes (not ones we registered for, but still ok), a gift card from 2 of them and from the owner a certificate for 3 months of curves (I'll take it! 3 months that the fee won't come out of my checkbook! she said most likely they'll just do 1 credit and then still take it out, but it all evens out in the end). it was small obviously- just the 4 of them, but it was still nice to have it.

enjoy the rest of the day!

Zeta3
02-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if I could join your Easter challenge. I have been reading some of your posts and it looks like many o fus are heading to the same place as far as our goals are concerned. I am a verrrrrry slooooow loser and could really use the challenge to help keep me motivated.

My Easter Goal is to lose 5 pounds!

Thanks!

KandiceS
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi julie! welcome!
what's your plan for the 5 lbs? I see you just started- did you start a diet/ exercise?

anyways- welcome! look forward to getting to know you!

skinny_butt
02-16-2005, 05:23 PM
73 and Julie- :wave: welcome,welcome, welcome! :wave: You're certainly in the right place for encouragement and good advise. Welcome aboard. Be sure to keep us updated.

Florafae-I have a friend who said I'm :crazy: crazy for giving up sweets! But I've done it before so I know I can do it. The first test will be tomorrow evening. My oldest DD has a band concert and we're going out w/some friends afterward. But I will be a good girl and get my coffee/cappucino. Partly b/c I know someone here will probably ask me if I was good! :D

Kandice-sounds like a nice little shower you had. How many more on the horizon? There's a hot air balloon race the next town over from us and we watch it almost every year. There's just something relaxing about watching them. It seems that it would be like escaping from the world for a while. Boy, I really want a ride now! :)

Bonnie-I just keep envisioning myself healthy and slim and back in sizes I haven't seen for a while. I told my family about my "under 200 before my bday" goal and they are behind me 100%. It helps so much. DH said-I know what I'll have to buy you for your bday-smaller clothes! I told him he needed to start saving! :)

KandiceS
02-17-2005, 08:42 AM
skinny- 15 more lbs- I'm sure you'll get to your goal of 200 for your bday!

1 more shower that I know of- at work next wednesday. (I asked for a set of tfal pots and pans that a group could go in on together and was talking to a coworker this morning about wanting to return something and chris said with the return we could get the pots and pans we want. and she said we better not!) so I guess the accounting group went in on the pots and pans for us. that's nice.

Not going to curves today- I pulled my hamstrings a couple days ago and I'm really tight- I went yesterday because I thought the exercise would be good for them and loosen them up when I stretched and everything. But today I'm even tighter- it hurts to bend over and pick up anything off the floor- I kinda have to squat- what a sight! :lol: I know I'm getting older- but I didn't think at 24 1/2 I'd be this bad! :lol:

anyways- I'll check back later on- pretty quiet day at the office today. Have a great day everyone!

deleted
02-17-2005, 08:56 AM
:coffee: GOOD MORNING, LADIES!!! :coffee:

:dance: Let's all dance! :dance: I've finally lost my 37th pound as of today!:D So now I am 197, four pounds to lose by Easter to get to 193!:)

Kandice, your shower sounds very nice. What good people at Curves! My neighbor started a week ago, and loves it. Your wedding/honeymoon sounds so exciting. You'll have to post pictures! Every time I drive through Elkin/Jonesville now, I think of you now.......

SkinnyButt, you are doing very well with your program. You are right.... visualizing what we'll be like at lower weights really helps. It's been so long since I was less than 200 that I hardly know how to act!:dizzy: :lol: :dizzy: I do want to say one thing here......... you were talking about giving up sweets until Easter. I know a lot of people do this for Lent, and it's not a bad thing if you can do it.................:dizzy:

But, in general, I don't think it's good to deprive yourself totally of something you love when you're trying to do something as hard as losing weight/changing your body. IF (big IF) you can control it, i.e., two Snackwell Vanilla Creams, one WW ice cream sandwich, etc., even two small pieces of Ghiradelli chocolate, etc., I personally feel it's better to allow yourself those things rather than be miserable on your program, thinking about them constantly until you can't stand it, then throw up your hands over the whole thing! JMHO:^: ........... but you should do what works for you, of course.

Zeta3, welcome to the group! We are very happy to have you.:)

Well, girls, have a great day. I have to take back my new glasses (SECOND time!:mad: ) ............ darned frames are crooked! Also look for another new bathing suit. The YMCA pool eats the darned things!

Go, girls! :cheer:

skinny_butt
02-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Hope everyone is having a great health day. Things here are good. I didn't drag my sorry patootie out of bed to exercise this morning but will exercise before bed tonight. I have GOT to start getting in bed earlier!

Kandice-Sorry to hear about your hamstring. Hope you're better soon. Gotta be all healthy before your wedding! You think 24 1/2 is bad, wait until you get my age-37! Don't get me wrong, I love being 37. To me, birthdays are truly just numbers. But, as you get older you find more and more aches in places you were never even aware of before! :) My DH turned 45 last week and he's moaning about all the aches and pains that come with getting older. I love that he's 7 years older than me b/c I can tease him about being an "old man". I always tell him when I get older, I'll understand his pain but I'm just not that sympathetic right now b/c I can't relate. This earns me the evil eye from DH. I just love that man of mine. We have so much fun together. Thanks for your words of encouragement about my 15 pounds. I'm sure it will come off quickly if I do what I'm supposed to do!

Bonnie- :cb: congrats on your weight loss! :cp: You're doing great and an inspiration! :flow2: Thanks for your concern for me re: giving up sweets. As long as I can have a cappucino every now and then, I'll be okay. I've had to give sweets up completely before b/c sugar totally aggrevates my endometriosis. I've had too many sweets lately and it made my TOM rather difficult this month. If I were to say I'm giving up my cappucino's, then you'd have to worry! :D But I do appreciate your insights/concern. That's why I love this board so much. It's good to get an objective opinion on things sometimes. So, thank you!

Have a great day, ladies. Thanks so much for being here. You help more than you can know! C-ya later.

ChrissyL
02-17-2005, 10:23 AM
OK i'm gonna try this, I would LOVE to be 5 lbs thinner (of course would love to be 58 lbs thinner! LOL) by Easter...I am NOT going to indulge in my very favorite black jelly beans :( And I will steer clear of candy and drink more water.

Zeta3
02-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I did forget to mention my plan didn't I. I am following WW and am going to commit to going to spinning class twice a week and swimming with my 2yr old daughter twice a week. I have been doing well with my food and water but I HATE to exercise.

73toloose
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome! :D

I currently do 30 min to 1 hour, 5+ days a week on my exercise bike and I try to add in a cardio video or a weight lifting video in also a couple times a week.

When I first started I had been doing WW at home at around 1450 calories, but my schedule is so hectic that I ended up just cutting back instead. Now I use portion control, and added on most days 1 hour of exercise instead of 30 min, and 64 oz or more of water. So far it has worked, since before I never exercised, never drank water (maybe 8 oz a day), and I ate junk all day long.

I never realized just how bad my eating habits where until I wrote it down one way. I use to on a typical day eat around 3500-4000 calories and up to 100 grams of fat. I know that sounds horrible but I am a fast food/junk food addict. The job I work at there is always cakes, donuts, and candy available.

So now instead of eating 10 pieces of candy in a sitting I may have 1 or 2, and no more fast food twice a day. :D

So far I have lost 7 pounds last month by cutting back and working out. Hopefully it continues to work, or I will start WW again.

Thanks again for letting me join your challenge, it is just what I need to keep my motivated! ;)

skinny_butt
02-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Krissy- :wave: welcome to the board! My goal is to lose 5 pounds as well by Easter. I'm sure we'll both succeed w/flying colors.

Zeta-I am doing WW as well. I just love it! I've tried lots of others but this has worked best for me. As for exercise, try experimenting until you find one you like. Do you like active exercise-like walking or quiter exercise like pilates? Of course, w/a 2 yr old, you probably get all the exercise you need! :)

73tolose-7 pounds last month? You go, girl! :smoking: It is amazing to look back at how you used to eat. I remember looking back and thinking-sheeze-what in the world kept me from having a heart attack or something? I look at food totally different now. I eat to live not live to eat. It's a good feeling.

Gotta run. have a great day!

Soon2BFitChick
02-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I can't believe this.. I wrote out a realllllly long reply to you all this morning.. I think I previewed it and didn't send. :cry: So it's gone! :(

So I'll do it again tonight when I can.. I hate that! Tty soon. Hugs.

KandiceS
02-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Bonnie! wtg! you'll be at your easter challenge in no time! have a great trip- see you when you get back! (and thinking of me when you go by elkin/ jonesville- well, not too much else to think about over here! :lol: )

skinny- Chris is 7 years older than me too- I do tease him- I gave him a hard time about turning 30 and he said "you wait!" but I remind him, when he "gets me" for 30- he'll be almost 40! :lol:

Chrissy- welcome to the group! 5 lbs sounds great! (that's most of our goals)

73- your plan sounds good. I never wrote down what I was eating before (I'm counting carbs) but I would say 250+ carbs a day on average easy! I LOVE bread and cookies, and cakes, and pasta... mmmm I'd be almost scared to see the number before.

Julie- I bet your daughter will like her "new" energetic momma a lot better! you'll have so much more energy when you get down a little bit more! makes it all worth it IMO.

Selina- great to see you here! post back when you can!

Have a great night everyone!

Den@
02-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hope there's room for one more. :) My hubby is finally done with all of his tests on the computer at home. (He still has to take his final at work.) So I would like to join you guys again. Let me tell you I've really fallen off the wagon lately. I don't know what has gotten into me. It's like I'm really going into a downhill spiral. So I don't dare get on the scale. I'm pretty sure I've done some serious damage. And the fact that my knee is hurting doesn't help matters. I still go to the gym, but not being able to go on the elliptical really discourages me. So, my goal until Easter is to be in control again. In order to get my control back I will do as follows:

1. Post here what I eat... that seems to keep me honest and accountable.
2. Post my Exercise
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water

It is Lent, so you would think I would be stronger than I have been. I, too, have given up sugar. I feel better without it. Now to just eat normal again!
OK, I start from here. This is day one. I can do this.

Thanks for all of your support.
Hugs,
Dena

deleted
02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
There's our Dena!!!:) Was hoping you'd arrive soon, girl! It is so discouraging when you do something like hurt your knee ..... very hard to keep a grip on everything at that point. You'll get back in control, and we'll help you! :grouphug: You did so much for several of us by starting these Challenges! Thank you, lady! :balloons:

Chrissy, welcome to the gang! We are so happy to have your company as we all get on with getting healthy.....

Kandice, what town are you getting married in? Is your family staying with you or in hotels when they come in? Let me recommend that Hampton Inn in Jonesville if someone needs a room. They won a big national award last year........ it is wonderful, especially for the money. I've thought of taking a vacation in Elkin, just so I can stay there again!:lol: We stayed there once when my Mom was in the hospital, and we were real worried and wanted to be nearby.

Well, guys, I'm on the road early tomorrow, should be at our favorite hotel in Aberdeen, MD and in the indoor pool and jacuzzi by four o'clock, then a fabulous dinner at The Olive Tree (our official Valentine dinner.) Then on to Mass. on Saturday to see my sweet GD. I will try not to gain any weight while away, but I won't make any promises. You know, all those ice cream sundaes at Friendly's, cookie baking, going to Chinese buffets with darling GD............:o Wish me luck!

I'll check back when I can, as I will have my laptop. All you ladies............ keep up the good work! Hugs to you all, and I'm SO GLAD to see you, Miss Dena!:)

Den@
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Bonnie,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really needed to hear your kind words. (They brought tears to my eyes.) Glad to be back.
Hugs all around.
Dena :cool:

Den@
02-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Hello Everyone,
Here it is Friday and I promised to be good. This is what I've done so far:
Breakfast: oatmeal - 130 cals
Snack: cheese - 80 cals
Lunch: Small cobb salad - 320 cals
Water: 8 glasses
Snack: banana - 80 cals
Dinner: Caesar Salad - 600 cals
Snack: Cappacino - Starbuck's - 175
Cappacino - from box - 100
Total cals for the day: 1375
Have a great day!
Hugs,

skinny_butt
02-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Hope this finds everyone doing well. Things here are good. I stayed up too late last night (again) and didn't exercise this morning (again) but have an appointment w/my gazelle for this evening. Hold me to it, ladies. Eating is going well. My DH and I were surrounded by ice cream last night but all we ordered was something to drink. First obstacle overcome!

Dena-So good to have you back! :) I've been watching for you. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time flat! Hang in there and remember we're all here for you. You can do it! :grouphug: :flow2:

Bonnie-be careful and enjoy that GD! Make sure she's good and spoiled before you leave! :) Have fun and let us know how your trip went.

Kandice-One other thing I tease DH about, he's retired Navy. So, I just look at him sometimes and shake me head. He says "what?" I say, I can't believe I married a retiree! I know, I know-a little mischevious but what can I say_I'm a preacher's kid and we all know what they say about preacher's kids! :D Seriously, it's nice to have a DH w/a sense of humor. Makes life interesting! How's the hamstring? Hope it's well on it's way to mending.

Selina-good to see you! Post when you can to let us know how it's going.

Everyone, have a great weekend. Keep up the good work, ladies!!

KandiceS
02-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I need to get going but I need to say HI to dena! so glad to see you back!!

Hamstring is much better- I have a gazelle at home- I use it for a clothes hanger int he bedroom :lol: I didn't go to Curves yesterday so I walked an hour last night on that thing- really stretched it out. went back to curves today- feel a lot better.

Bonnie- we're getting married in Dobson- Cody Creek- heard of it? (they used to have a swimming pool there) real pretty place. they have a chapel and then of course the depot restaurant where the reception will be.
My family is staying at Klondike cabins- out on 21- by Grassy Creek in Elkin. Chatham factory owns it and that's who I work for- so I got a real good deal on it. we're renting out the entire facility- 8 bedrooms, game room, big dining room- seats 40- that's where we're having the rehearsal dinner, anyways that whole place for 4 ngihts for $1800. so it's even cheaper than Hampton (but yes- I stayed there in 2003- when I first moved down from maine, my furniture truck wasn't here yet so they put me up in the hampton until my furniture showed up and I could move into my house... My stay was very nice)

Anyways- gotta get going.
Have a great weekend ladies- talk to everyone Monday!!

Florafae
02-18-2005, 06:34 PM
It's a busy, busy Friday. Only have a second to write.

Have a good trip, Bonnie. Hurray for active retirement. You do get around! Enjoy the time with your sweet GD. She is so lucky to have such an upbeat, on-the-go, GM.

Kandice and Skinnybutt, what's a gazelle?

Dena, it's wonderful to hear your "voice" again.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Here's hoping we all have a good check-in on Monday.

Florafae

Den@
02-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome back!! You are all very inspiring!!Yesterday I had 1375 cals.
So far today, breakfast: waffle, homemade cappacino = 250 cals.
Snack: peach - 40 cals
cappacino - 175 cals
Dinner: clam chowder soup - 400 cals, chili -540 cals, crackers -50 cals
Snack: 1/2 pria bar - 85 cals.
Total cals: 1565 cals
Water: 4 glasses so far

Skinny, how do you like the gazelle? It looks like fun, and not hard on the knees. I'll be thinking of you exercising on it, as I go out for my walk today. We can exercise together! Congrats on resisting the ice cream!

Kandice, how did you hurt your hamstring? Sorry to hear about it. Your wedding plans sound like they are really coming together. It won't be long now!

Florafae, how are you doing? Is it still raining pretty hard in Santa Barbara? I heard the weather has not been good, and therefore sending rain our way in LV. They said this is the most rain we've had here in years. Yesterday's storm was pretty harsh. We have sun today, but more rain in the forecast!

Have a great day, everyone!
Hugs,

DewCan
02-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi all,

sorry I 've been absent for a week now. Started my jobs and find time in short supply.

my Easter goal is to lose 5 pounds. My Valentines' Day goal was 10 and I only lost 5, so this time I'll make it a more attainable goal. I'm thinking of getting my WW info out and try that again.

Hi to the new people, and to those traveling, I'm so jealous ;)

busymom2four
02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Ladies, I'm still here!
I had a scare that I might be pregnant (ack!), but I'm NOT!! Hooray! Not that I don't like kids, or even that I don't want more, but not NOW!!! I have lost 14 pounds and want to lose another 40 before I get pregnant (not to mention that my baby just had her first birthday). Anyway, my goal for Easter is to be down to 172. That will be a total of 20 pounds lost since I started in January. I am currently 178. 6 pounds to go. I really need to get back on track. I haven't exercised for two weeks! I have kept under my goal of 1500 cals a day, but I feel bad about not exercising. So, I am READY and PREPARED to get back on track!!! Hope you are all well!

Amy

SW: 192
CW: 178
GW: 135

KandiceS
02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
skinny- I didn't see that you had a gazelle too- skimmed over your post.

Flora- it's like a skier- low impact on your knees. I got it about 3 years ago when I was single and living by myself, I used it every day for an hour and dropped a pant size in a month. then I met some women and joined the Y taking swim aerobics with them and the gazelle kinda dropped from the routine and I hadn't used it for a while until last week.

Dena- don't know how I hurt the hamstrings- they were just really tight and I couldn't stretch it out. that was on tuesday, wednesday I went to curves thinking it would help it and it hurt worse. so Thursday I was sore- didn't go to curves at all- just the gazelle.

I'm still up a couple of lbs (from the 175). I think (hope) it's still left over from TOM last week and it'll disappear this week. But it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't either- the new clothes- don't want them too big yet! I feel comfortable with myself, and friday I had a couple of people (who I see everyday) ask me if I'm losing weight and complimenting me... so that always feels good.

12 days left (until the wedding!)

happy monday everyone!

skinny_butt
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Hope this finds everyone doing well. Please notice my signature and my ticker as I had to change them today due to a 2.5 lb weight loss! YEAH!! :cb: I was totally surprised. I expected to be down some but 2.5 is fabulous! That's 7 lbs since the first of Jan. and 4 pounds towards my Easter challenge! YEAH!!!

Eating is going well. Water intake is good. No sweets so far and I spent 60 minutes on the gazelle on Sat. and Sun. I feel like I'm truly back on track now. My Easter challenge is in sight and my bday goal is close behind!

Kandice-you're wedding plans sound so nice! I'm so excited for you! You got a really good deal on those rooms. That's wonderful. Keep us updated on everything.

Florafae-I see that Kandice has already explained the gazelle to you. It was invented by Tony Little. You could put his name in your search engine if you want more info. I inherited mine when I married DH in 2002. I really like it. It allows me to stay home on those nights when I just want to be at home w/o missing a workout. It's pretty neat and I realy enjoy it.

Dena-I think of you often when I'm exercising. You know what they say about great minds! ;) I really like my gazelle. It's low impact but it's a workout. It helps keep me on track while waiting for warm weather so I can do what I love-walk outside!

Diana-Great to see you! :wave: I've been wondering if you were going to join us. Glad you're here. How are the jobs going? We have the same challenge goal. I'm sure we'll reach our goal w/flying colors!

Gotta run. Have a great health day!

KandiceS
02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone! just wanted to share my news! I "won" $500 off the LASIK procedure for looking at a drs website down in Charlotte. Anyways, they called me today and told me and I scheduled a consultation and first exam on March 25th. All I need to do afterwards is schedule surgery. I'm excited! Half my life with glasses- it'll be weird to not have to put in contacts or glasses in the morning or to see the alarm clock!

Congrats Skinny! that's excellent! keep it up!
anyone else got news to report?

Den@
02-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Everyone!
Just to let you know I've been eating around 1400 cals the last few days, so I'm still on track with the eating and am drinking my 8 glasses of water. I haven't been to the gym the last few days, since it is raining really hard here, and there's been lots of accidents. I know that's not much of an excuse, but I plan to go tomorrow for sure.

Kandice, good luck to you on your lasik surgery. And congrats on winning $500 off. You're going to look like a beautiful bride!

Skinny, congrats to you for losing 7 lbs!! Your gazelle sounds like fun. Keep up the great work, because you are motivating me to stay good. :)

Amy, good for you for keeping your cals down!

Diana, glad to see you here!

Hugs,

MsMochalicous
02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi guys, Im also new here...can I join too! :) I always set goals for myself, its motivational for me, so im thinking it will REALLY help me if I let other people see my goals

My goal is to lose 8 lbs
Get some exercise in * thats the hard part for me*
Drink water *again..hard for me lol*
Stay in my WW points..NOT go over at all
And "try" to get some me time! I need it to refresh myself lol

"Ive come too far to take orders from a cookie"

~*Randee*~

Tae2tas
02-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Hello,
although I'm a week late, I want to jump in right away and join the "Easter Challenge". I have a trip planned in July, and I want to do as many challenges as possible. I have just updated my stats and found out that I did not gain as much as I thought on my break from healthy eating :dizzy: . So let's see how much I loose by Easter.

~Good Luck To ALL

skinny_butt
02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Hope everyone is having a great day! Things here are good. I did 60 minutes on the gazelle last night and exercised w/Richard (Simmons) this morning. Tomorrow morning, Pilates.

Kandice-good news on the lasik! I've considered it before but like you I'm not sure how to act w/o my glasses! I tried contacts for a while but my allergies are too bad and they were dry ALL the time, no matter what. I've had glasses since kindergarten so I guess, for now, I'm just stuck w/them. Anyway, good luck w/the surgery.

Dena-glad things are going well w/your eating and all. I totally understand about not wanting to get out in the rain. That's why I like my gazelle. I can use it when I just don't want to get back out. Of course, that leaves me w/no excuse whatsoever. Hmm...maybe I ought to rethink this whole gazelle thing. :D

Randee and Tae2tas-welcome to the board! :wave: You're at the right place for support and encouragement. Both your goals sound reasonable so I'm sure you'll acheive them w/no problem.You can do it! :cheer:

Tae@tas-I notice that our journeys are very similar. I weighed 249 when I started turning it around, I'm at 213 right now and my bday goal (May) is to be under 200, or as they call it here "one-derland". We've both come a long way! :)

I'm going shopping Sat for some clothes. I was running late the other day and asked DH to pick out my outfit. He laid one out on the bed and said-you're going shopping asap. You need more clothes. So, I'm going shopping w/DH approval! Can't get much better than that! ;) I'm hoping to be in a 16 but if not will not be discouraged. Most of my clothes right now are 18 and they hardly touch me anywhere. I'm looking for staple stuff: khaki pants/skirt, blue jean skirt, etc. but I'm still going to enjoy it!

Have a great day. Take care.

Zeta3
02-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Everybody! I hope you all had a great weekend. I am trying to stay unplugged over the weekends in the hopes I can get more done arund the house and be more active. This weekend was very nice so in addition to swimming with my DD we took a couple of nice long walks through our neighborhood as well. I had a good week as far as staying within my WW points. Tomorrow I weigh-in so we shall see if things will reflect positively on the scale.

Kandice that is great news about the LASIK, congrats!

Skinny have fun shopping. It is always a great feeling to get a smaller size!

KandiceS
02-22-2005, 04:19 PM
dena- great job about staying on your cals and drinking water! keep it up and we'll see some numbers from you!

Randee- welcome! drinking water is hard for me too- that's been one of my goals for this challenge- I've been doing pretty good, better than I was at least..

tae- you're so close to being in onederland! keep going! and welcome to the group too!

skinny- your DH want to write an email to Chris and tell him to let me go shopping?! :lol: have a great time! tell us about all your new clothes!
When my Miad of Honor comes down, before she leaves back for maine on the 7th, we're going shopping just the 2 of us. She's the last one to fly back, Chris will be working and Christopher will be in school, so that leaves me and her. I'm sure I'll finish up honeymoon clothes and get some special things from victoria secret too. Beth and I have always undies shopped together :lol:

Hi Julie! wtg about staying in your points!

have a great night everyone!

Soon2BFitChick
02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey ya'll! In a hurry again, which is no fun. :sad: But wanted to say hi! I miss coming in here often. A quick shout out to y'all. Hi Kandice, Bonnie, Skinny, Florafae, Julie, Dena, Randee, Tae, Amy and Diana! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Looks like you all are doing fantastic! :cheer:

My goal for Easter is 199 lbs. (That's if I weigh around that time, but I also want one inch gone.. like last month, off my waist, chest, and hips.) Last time I weighed was Feb. 13th. I was 213. I think I am about 208 or so now, I hope anyway! Wish me good determination!! :)

I'm trying to drink more water. But I get too full and all that.. so I dunno. I'm doing ok on eating some days I'm at 1100 some I'm at 1500, but that's good. I'm writing down everything I eat. Helps me keep track and see what may need to change. I got into a pair of size 16s I love. They are so old! I bought them when I was in Junior High School! LOL. So in 2 years, they'll be 20 years old. They don't look it tho bc I never wore them much, I gained shortly after I got them. Anyway, I think I'll be able to wear them for Easter, with a new pink top. :cheer: Yay!!

Hugs everyone! Take care, and I'll be back in soon, I hope!

Soon2BFitChick
02-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey.. any ideas on a cheap way to work out on machines at a place that has a place for kids to be? I want to go work out from noon to 2pm every day when most of the kids are at school. I have two toddlers still at home. I have looked at some regular gyms and they are too costly for me right now. I know some churches, community centers and parks have workout rooms...

Send ur thoughts!!
Thanks!

KandiceS
02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi selina! welcome back! 16s?! wow! doing great- by summer you'll be in 14s! (I was right around 190/185 when I tried 14s.)

busy day today so not a lot of chance to write-

last night I made the welcome to NC baskets for my family. I'm putting 1 basket in each room. Has the mag "our state" and a map, and a bunch of mags that I picked up at the Chamber of Commerce about the area. and then I put sodas and chips in the basket too... I still have to print off my "things to do program". I made a "program" with each day- things to do in the area... a crossword puzzle about Chris and me, a list and phone numbers of our favorite restaurants. I hope it all helps them.

going to walmart tonight to finish up the honeymoon essentials- sunscreen, cheap sunglasses for Chris, maybe some of the space savers bags- I've always wanted to try them... fun night!

Soon2BFitChick
02-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks Kandice! Now I said that I got into them? LOL. I hadda lay down to zip them then couldn't sit too comfortably. :( LOL. So that's why I said I can wear them for Easter (a month away). Surely I can fit comfortably in them then right?

I'm bigger in my hips, thighs and rear than anywhere else. I was still wearing 16s when I hit 179.. 9 years ago. So I know when I gained it all back after that that more came back to my hips. It'll be interesting to see when I get into 14s. I hope it's soooooon! I'm shooting for a comfortable 14 by summer. Then a 10 by my birthday Dec. 9th. Do you think that's feasible? I feel like I can bc I'm going by how I've been losing for 8 months now. Plateaus included. ::sigh::

Anyhoo, hugs to you all. I'm still hitting my 15000 a day now. Made a mini goal of 15 k instead of my usual 10k for the last two weeks of Feb., mainly to give myself a boost for my Easter goal. I am feeling really good at this point. I cannot wait to get under 200. I haven't weighed since Feb. 13th. I can't wait to weigh bc I know I've lost just by my clothes.

Oh! And get this! I bought a pair of 18 jeans (good thing I bought them on sale) and haven't worn them. I wore them yesterday and they are loose! That's not good! So now I vow not to buy much of anything (pants esp.) until December. I will just have to walk around in baggy clothes. LOL.

Ok, bye for real! Talk to y'all soon. :wave:

Zeta3
02-23-2005, 02:27 PM
HI everybody. Weigh-in went well today I was down 2.25 pounds so I was thrilled.

Selina I go to the YMCA they have a wonderful nursery and are much less expensive than the gym in my area. Community centers are also good choices. Where I live the community centers are managed by the city, maybe to a search on your city gov't page.

skinny_butt
02-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Things here are good. I walked 5 miles on the treadmill last night :tread: and met my water goals and no sweets for a week and a half! I have to tell you that a friend offered me a butterfinger yesterday-my fave-but I turned her down. Someone on this thread-can't remember who-has the saying-I've come to far to take orders from a candy bar. That's what I thought of yesterday when she offered it to me. I love this place! :)

Julie-WTG on your exercise and eating habits. Keep up the good work! :cheer:

Kandice-DH is usually okay w/me shopping-as long as he doesn't have to go with! :) Actually, he does like to go with sometimes. Go figure. Anyway, I plan on having fun.Your trip w/your maid of honor sounds fun. Enjoy!

Selina-like Zeta, I would suggest checking out your local family YMCA. Ours is $36.00 a month which figures to $9.00 per month per person for my fam. We definitely get out money's worth! As a matter of fact, they're probably losing money on us! :D Oh, BTW-love that you say good determination instead of good luck. I'm adopting it into my vocabulary. :)

Zeta-Congrats on your weight loss!! :dancer: :cp: Way to go! I see that we're both members of our local Y. I just love it. Ours has a new fitness room. It holds a program called Fit in 30. You can actually do it for 10, 20, or 30 minutes. Here's the set up. All around the room are different kinds of resistance equipment. Between each machine is a mat for cardio. You start the program, get on the mat and do whatever cardio you want for 30 seconds. The folks I saw were running in place. Then the tape that is playing music for you tells you to switch stations. You go to the resistance machine for 30 seconds and switch again to cardio. You do that all the way around the room for a 10 minutes circuit. Then you repeat twice and that gets you a 30 minute all around work out. One lady there said she lost 3 pounds in one week by doing only that for 3 times a week. I think I'm going to give it a whirl sometime soon. I think it will be fun.

Gotta run. Have a great evening!

Den@
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Everyone!
Just checking in to say that I had a great day today with my eating. My hubby and I got up early and I got to go with him on one of his service calls today. We went to Laughlin, which is 70 miles from here (and close to the Arizona border.) What a fun trip.

While hubby was repairing and upgrading casino equipment for conterfeiting problems, I walked up and down the boardwalk, about 3 miles. Laughlin's right on the Colorado River, so I enjoyed my walk. Very scenic. Then I played the nickel machines at each hotel. Boy, are there a lot of retired folk that hang out at those hotels! I had a great day, though, and the abundance of rain the last few weeks has made the mountains (normally brown) grassy green with yellow flowers, so the drive to and fro was very pretty.

Well, I'm home now, and have to get dinner ready. Keep up the great work, everyone!
Hugs, Dena :cool:

Soon2BFitChick
02-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok Thanks Julie and Skinny.. I looked mine up. We are joining when I get my income tax back bc I want to get some things like new shoes, etc. It's so affordable and lotsa neat stuff for the kids too! I wish I had found it sooner! I might be thinner! LOL.

Good on food and water lately.. Yay me! I just wanna keep my momentum going. I can't wait to wear those jeans for Easter. They are so tight. I gotta try for 8 lbs. by Easter to get into them. Then I gotta find the perfect pink top to go with them. :D I love pastels for Easter. I wore that exact pair for Easter (I go home to spend it with family each year) in 1996. That's the last time I fit in them! So even tho they are old (I wore them for a month or two in junior high in 1987..lol!) they are not very worn bc I always seem to gain it back so soon after getting down that far.. :( I need all of your positive energies! Send them to me!!!!!

Gotta go! Hugs!!!! :wave:

skinny_butt
02-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Hope things are going well all around. TGIF! TGIF! :dance: :dance: I'm so ready for this weekend. Work hasn't been bad just extremely busy. Ready to go shopping! :) I did 5 miles on the elliptical last night, was op and met my water goals. Plus, almost two weeks sweets free. I'm really not craving them like I thought I might. Maybe eating the fruit is helping. My TOM in a couple weeks will be the REAL test!

Kandice-I thought of you when I tried out the new program at the Y. According to the people I've talked to, it's very similar to the Curves workout. So, I used you for inspiration! I have to admit that I really, really liked it. I'm going to try to squeeze it in about three times a week in addition to my walking.

Dena-sounds like a good day w/the DH. And congrats on your good eating habits. Keep up the good work.

Bonnie-I miss you! But, I hope you're having a blast.

Well, my internet friends. Must run. Have a great weekend. Stay focused. We can do it!

Den@
02-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Happy Friday, Everyone!

I'm slowly getting back to my good eating habits. Yesterday I had around 1400 cals and I'm striving for 1400 cals today. I'm so glad I'm counting cals again, because I feel more in control. I've been walking with hubby in the evening after dinner. And I'm still trying to get my eight glasses in. The Oscars are coming up Sunday. I sure would like to be skinny like those gals. Anyway, I'll be watching and admiring.

Skinny, I'm so impressed! You went 5 miles on the elliptical!! And you are doing a circuit at the Y!! I better get my butt in gear. Thanks for the motivation! (I haven't had any sweets, either.) Yay, us!!

Selina, keep up the great work. You'll wear those jeans come Easter.

Kandice, how is your hamstring?

Have a great weekend, everyone?
Hugs,

KandiceS
02-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Skinny- I'm glad you liked it
Dena- the hamstring is fine- it was just those 2 days- and I haven't had any other problems...

so embarrassed, all those "fat feelings" came back this weekend and it doesn't feel good...
I tried on my dress friday night for the last time (at the shop)- they had to take in the zipper a bunch a few weeks back and it was ready friday. so anyways, my shoes are flats so I didn't wear them and then the alterations lady told me I better put them on after all because of the pins on the floor. so I bent over and put on my shoes. RIIIIIIIPPPPPPP! The zipper busted out! :o :cry:

I want to believe that it's just them- that they didn't sew in the zipper tight, but still try to tell that to someone that's been overweight and then recently lost a bunch- and feeling pretty good about myself until I ripped my dress! :cry:

Chris trying to be supportive and saying at least it ripped while you were there and they could fix it- but that's not the point, the point is that I ripped the dress because I was too big for it! he didn't understand. of course all my emotions are sky high now too- I got mad at his mom the other day because she asked me WHY i made the out of state baskets for myt family- (because they've never been to NC and I wanted to welcome them and have some snacks and mags for them) Can't wait till this is over- I'm such a mess, stressed out bad, crying about everything- and I hate that I'm putting chris through all my emotions too, poor guy should be running for the mountains! :lol:

Bonnie- are you back yet? how'd the trip go?

Monday morning! how's everyone doing?

deleted
02-28-2005, 11:14 AM
:coffee:Good morning, all you fair ladies! How's everybody?:coffee:

A sinner is coming back to the flock here, for sure!:(:mad: :dizzy: I was 197 lbs. the day before I left for the trip, and after 10 days of being NOT SO GOOD:o , I am up a good two plus pounds. All that cookie-baking and eating at darling granddaughter's favorite restaurants........:D But you know what? It was worth it, and that's life.......... She & I love going to Friendly's for fried shrimp and clams and ice cream sundaes, and we love to eat at the China Buffet restaurant and to go out for Italian, and she wouldn't really understand if Grandma ate a salad and drank Perrier. So now, I will lose it again............ plus.........., just like after my Florida trip, and life will go on!:) I believe this is exactly what you have to learn to do, if you want to enjoy eating and traveling, but lose/ then keep your weight down. You must learn to get on and off that wagon. Don't misunderstand......... I'm not talking about my old, constant pigging-out, but rather relaxing the rules enough to eat some things I normally wouldn't, just for a few days!

Kandice, :grouphug: to you!!! You have done so well.... (Are you sure that alterations lady didn't sabotage you because you asked her to alter more than once??? You know, people can behave in ways you wouldn't even imagine!:( Did you ask that it be fitted THAT snugly, that a zipper would pop like that, if you gained a pound or two? Sounds odd to me!) Whatever.......... DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, SWEETIE!!!.......... :^: The dress is all taken care of, just let it roll off your back. You will be beautiful, and you know how much weight you've lost, and what great shape you're in. Just relax and enjoy this time now........... Thanks for asking about my trip! :)

Was Chris's Mom upset that you did not do a comparable basket (not N.C.,of course) of some kind for his family or what? I think it was a lovely idea, and will help people to really enjoy themselves, after traveling so far.

Hey there SkinnyButt........... my trip was lovely, so much fun with darling GD. Bowling, swimming, ice skating (HER!), baking, seeing *Winn-Dixie* movie........ which was fabulous, eating out, playing games, cooking. What a hoot she is, and smart as a whip! YES, I am biased!:lol:

Dena, so happy that you are getting back in the swing! I KNEW you would!:^:

I'm so proud of how well you're all doing!!! I am going to take a walk today, even in this chilly rain, go back to water class tonight, weights tomorrow night, water Wednesday, weights Thursday, water Saturday, yadda yadda........ and really stay in the saddle until Easter now!!! I won't report an official weight again until next Monday as I definitely did some damage this past week!:o Go girls! :dance:

Den@
02-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm still counting my cals and feeling more in control. I feel a little slimmer, but I don't dare get on the scale yet for fear that it would set me back. I don't know what it is about that scale that makes me feel like a failure. Oh, yeah, the fact that when I've been good for a long time and I don't lose any weight, I give up. So for now, it's all about eating right, exercising and drinking my eight glasses of water. The weight will go down again, slowly. My clothes tell me how I'm doing, too. My pants, which used to be loose, are not that loose anymore. So keep counting those cals, Dena!

Kandice, I think everyone that has gotten married has stories to tell about their wedding. Everything was going wrong at the last minute at mine. I even started to have cold feet. Then suddenly it all came together. My hubby is the greatest guy! I'm so glad he had patience with me. Take care. It will all work out.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Hugs,

KandiceS
02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Bonnie- could be- didn't think of it before- the alterations lady was very mean to me before, when I called in and told her I needed it taken in again because I lost like 13lbs since the last fitting. asked me when the wedding was and everything- I had 4 weeks left... she was upset then, but :lol: no, I wanted it snug, but not so it would rip and show my undies if I bent over.... :lol: it was just the "you're too big" coming back and it didn't feel good at all.

and the baskets, we hardly have any of his family coming in for it, and plus they were just for the people staying at the cabins... We have an extra room in the cabins for whoever wants to stay down from his family and there's a basket for that one too... she just thought they were silly I think.

Sounds like you had a great time Bonnie!

Curves was closed today because the snow storm we got (knocked down our tree!) about 3-4 inches here... so I'm going to shovel the driveway after work, good exercise and then use my gazelle after supper.

Yes, keep going dena! you're doing great... are you still using the elliptical? how many mins are you up to now?

skinny_butt
02-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Hope this finds everyone doing well. Things here are good. I went shopping Sat. and guess what-I bought a size 14 skirt! Woo-hoo. I haven't seen a 14 in a while. The rest of the stuff I bought was 16 so I went home, bagged up all the 18's in my closet, told DH to say good bye to the size 18's b/c they wouldn't be back in this house again. Yeah!!! Just had to share.

Eating, drinking water are going well. I did 4.6 miles on elliptical Friday night and walked 6 miles w/DH on Saturday. Yesterday, I did my stretching video-believe me, my calves needed it! Took this morning off but will go the Y later. I work for an attorney and we were in court until 12:30 so I skipped my snack and lunch was late and everywhere I looked at the judge's office they had candy! UGH. I didn't succumb but it was hard, hard hard! I'm really fighting the craving for sugar today and I think it's b/c I was surrounded by it this morning. Next week, I'm taking a book to court w/me! At least that will get my focus off the sweets! I have already told DH that I'd better find some peeps in my Easter basket! :D

Kandice-you sweet thing, you hang in there. :grouphug: I agree w/what someone else already said-everyone has at least one wedding story to share about an incident that struck terror in their hearts! Just hang in there. I understand about the "fat feelings". Don't they hit you at the worst times? Just remember how far you've come and don't listen to anyone's negative talk. you're doing great and you'll be one of the most lovely brides around! As for Chris, best to break him in on all those emotions right now, aye? He can't say he had no clue! :D

Dena-good for you on all the positive things going on right now. Keep up the good work! You can do it!

Bonnie-glad you're back and glad you had a blast w/GD. I'll bet she thinks you're the hippest GM around. She's right, of course! ;) good to hear you're ready to get back on track, although you didn't stray too far from the sounds of it. YOu'll be giving us all a run for our money in no time.

Gotta run. Have a great evening. Take care.

KandiceS
03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
so I reluctantly changed my ticker- it's going to go back down soon!!! 177.5 today at curves and I gained 10.75 inches. :cry: (the one that measured me never has measured me before though too, excuses but still might have some part of it) oh well... it'll go back down- they said it was just stress and probably water weight bloat- but now for the good news-

I lost 1.25 lbs this month and 2.15 lbs of body fat.. and my body fat percentage is the lowest it's ever been since beginning- 29%. YAY! I'll get those inches back down... I've been slacking off on the Low Carb thing too- so I know I have to go back at it pretty good...

how's everyone else doing?

Soon2BFitChick
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to reply to all your posts while I have a few minutes drinking my coffee here.. :coffee: I'm doing ok. I need to weigh. I haven't since Jan. 26th. I'm dying to know the news. I'm staying mostly on plan. I feel that I should 'feel' smaller tho. :?: It is TOM tho.. well, it's coming this week. So we'll see. I know I've lost bc I measured and I'm down several total inches since last month. So that's good. Still having trouble getting in more water. I'm serious. It's mostly ALL I even drink and I think I'm just not needing that much liquid.. I dunno! :mad:

Went walking at the new park I found near the house. It's nice. And it's used by others at all hours so I don't feel all alone out there. :smug: I went on the trail 20 mins. then turned around.. and back to the car within 45 mins. Did about 2.5 miles or so (I measure steps so it was about 5,000 steps.) This first two weeks of March, I want 12000 steps a day. The first time I went to this park? LOL. I thought it went in a big circle. It didn't!~ It goes for like 8 miles and then you turn around and come back. Ha ha! :lol: So there I was, about 3 miles in.. and asked someone and she said "Oh, it goes from Hwy 6 to Beltway 8." I was thinking, OMG! I have to tinkle already. So I barely made it back to the restroom.. LOL. And had hit 16,600+ steps when I got back to my car by noon and most days I hit 12,000 barely, sometimes 15,000 in a whole day that would include an hour of walking too. LOLOLOL. I ended up with over 25,000 steps that day, about 12.5 miles. :o

Dena, Ty! I hope I get in those jeans too. :^: I write every bite I take down on a spiral notebook hanging on a nail in my kitchen (complete with a hanging pen. LOL.) I'd overeat if I didn't. Glad you had a nice trip too.

Kandice, I understand your anguish. Try to remind the dress mishap is just a small bump in your great road to success. Strive not to let it overshadow everything you've worked so hard for! You are doing great!! :D

Skinny, I lost my craving for sweets fairly soon after stopping them. I used to love cupcakes, etc. I NEVER thought I would be able to just pass them up. I have more control with WHEN I eat sweets now. I used to want them every time I saw them.. Not true anymore, I get a craving for chocolate out of the blue and go get it and eat it. Real Chocolate. I just write it down! You are staying right on track! And wow, 5 miles on that thing!

Go Zeta! Woohoo! Doing great! :smug:

Bonnie, Welcome back!! You'll drop those pounds in no time. ;) Glad you had a nice time. I bet it was fun fun. :D

Julie, how are ya? I can't wait to join my YMCA. I'm looking forward to this summer!! :)

Everyone keep it up! We can do this, we can do this, we can do this! :cheer: I want 199! (I hope I'm close. :?: )Then I want 177 so bad! After 177, 100 lbs. down, I won't feel soooo rushed but I'll still want my 127. :dizzy:

Have a greeeeat week!! Hugsssssss!!!

skinny_butt
03-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Hope this finds everyone doing well. Things here are good, even though I was up at WI. But, I know I'm eating healthy and exercising so I'm blaming TOM and possibly not getting as much water as I need these last few days. At any rate, I'm not obsessing about it. I know what size I'm in right now and I know that's progress. so, I'll stay on track and expect a big drop soon! I must admit that I haven't moved my tickler yet. If I don't drop back down by next WI, I promise to move it.

I'm doing well w/exercise. I've walked 21.5 miles this week. I dragged my heiny out of bed this morning and went to the Y to do a circuit routine. I'm meeting a friend for coffee tonight and knew it was this morning or not at all today. I enjoyed it. There were only myself and two other ladies in there.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work. Oh, I went shopping yesterday and found some awesome clearance stuff at Lane Bryant. I bought a $110 outfit for $15.00! Is that awesome or what? It's a nice outfit but not too dressy. Can be worn to work, church or date w/DH? I love finding a bargain! Clearance rack is the first thing I hit and I hit it wide open!

Gotta run. Yeah, us!

deleted
03-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Kandice, I just realized that your last post was this past Tuesday, and that you were wed YESTERDAY! :dance: :balloons: :dance: Congratulations to you and Chris; may your marriage last forever, with great health and happiness and prosperity all the way! I realize that you may not see this until AFTER your honeymoon, but whenever................ my thoughts are with you!:)

Hello to all you other ladies.......... I have been trying to recover from my nine day trip up North, trying to get the food and exercise back on track. I exercised five times since last Monday, and am going for a two-mile walk this afternoon (before Carolina BEATS THE PANTS off Duke at 4:00!!! :D :D :D) My weight is still up one pound, but I believe that may drop by tomorrow. I wasn't too good on Friday or yesterday, but not really bad either, and my body has that "letting loose" feeling.............. YES, I know that sounds weird, but my body gets sort of a hollow feeling when I'm getting ready to drop. I stay hungry, no matter what I eat, and then BOOM! I'm down again........... Anybody else like that?:dizzy:

It's a beautiful day in Raleigh, sunny, going up to 59, I think. :p Good day for a long walk..............

I've had a great weekend.... went with DH to see *The Aviator* on Friday, and what a fascinating movie, and yes, I had the popcorn and an Almond Joy:^: . Almost three hours long, and you are NOT ready for it to be over. Kate Beckinsale plays Ava Gardner, and she is beautiful beyond description. Then to Outback for wine, filet mignon, salad with blue cheese dressing, their REAL baked potatoes. Doesn't get too much better than than! We split the steak and potato........

Last night, my friend came up, and my DH made Margaritas, Chicken-Cashew Stir Fry and Creme Brulees with fresh mango, and a special chocolate/carmel coffee, which we had while we watch "Calendar Girls" (hilarious), and did our annual "Fargo" watching. (We usually try to watch "Fargo" when it's cold and snowy but don't think Raleigh will see snow this year!:mad:) Eating what I want at times has really helped me to stay on program this time, but of course, it takes you longer to lose the weight and you have to be patient. But it seems to be working this time.......... eight and a half months now!:)

Looking forward to seeing you all back on this week..........

Soon2BFitChick
03-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey! Hope you all are well!

Bonnie, thanks for reminding us about the wedding! I'm sure they are having a blast. Kandice when u come back, know we are anticipating hearing all about it!! Oh and I wanna see The Aviator too! I saw some of the Calendar Girls but wanna watch it all the way thru. Also, wanted to tell u that probably the only reason I've been able to stay on plan for 9 months is the fact that I work in 'regular' food too. They say not to exclude anything from ur plan. Just sets u up for failure. So I totally agree with you there. ;)

Skinny, Yay for you! :cheer: You are doing great AND you found a cool outfit for cheap! I know I go straight to the clearance racks first too. Why not? Those clothes were expensive last month, they are no different when they hit the last rack! :lol:

I walked 2 hours this a.m. at the park. It rained on me a little but was worth it. I had to get in my steps! I have done well so far. I made a goal of 12,000 steps a day, at least til 3-13-05. Then I might add to it or reduce to 10k, we'll see. I am going to try to get into those jeans for Easter. If it doesn't happen, that's ok. I can zip them now.. last year I couldn't get them past my knee. Seriously. So I'm still happy. I'll be in them for my vacation at the end of April for sure. :D

Have a great week and take care. Hugs to everyone!!

KandiceS
03-07-2005, 07:31 AM
wow- the wedding went perfect!

lots of little small things wrong behind the scenes but everyone said it was wonderful. We watched our wedding video last night- I look terrified! Not smiling at all! Poor chris was doing everything he could to get me to smile but I just wanted to cry and cry- didn't help with my dad giving me a big hug right before we went in... I always pictured that I would look at Chris down the aisle but I don't even remember seeing anything- I was just so focused on getting down there. I wanted to see Chris' expression when he saw my dress and everything- but it just went by so fast.

but everything was very good.

the little things that went wrong- I called the tux place and was assurred the tuxes were all there because we didn't want to make a trip for nothing- so the boys went down. Christopher's tux wasn't in... ugh! So I had to go down friday and get it- he didn't have time to try it on or do any alterations- the sleeves were short on him but everything else was ok. My dad stepped in his tux pants (at the store) and they didn't have an inseam at all! he said it was like a skirt! no one helped them- the people said "well, if it feels alright, then it's alright" NO! That's not how it works!!! My sweats feel alright on me but I wouldn't wear them to the wedding- and my guys were all macho men, so they didn't know how everything was supposed to fit. I got $20 back from Christopher's tux, but I want more money than that so I'm going to talk to the District Manager this week.

my flowers were ok- not exactly what I wanted, but ok. we forgot to get a boutenier for the pastor- but he was wearing a robe- good thing.

My professional pictures should be posted online in about a week (on the photographers website) when it's there I'll be sure to copy the link.

Off to take a shower and then go get my maid of honor for a day of honeymoon clothes shopping. and to bring some of the wedding cake to work. man we have so much! if I eat it all i'll gain like 10 lbs! and I want to save that 10 lbs for the honeymoon buffets :lol: we're leaving sunday for the honeymoon, but I'm sure I'll be back on this week- go back to work tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!

deleted
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Kandice, I'm looking forward to seeing your wedding photos. Please post the link for us when they're ready! I'm sure you were a lovely, lovely bride! Congratulations again.............:) I didn't realize that you were leaving for your honeymoon NEXT weekend. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

OKAY......... DRUM ROLL!!!!:p :p :p

I DROPPED THREE POUNDS (two *old* and one *new*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: I now weight 196, so that means I have three more lbs. to lose by March 27, which I think I can do!:D I exercised six of the last seven days......... proud of myself there because I did the two-mile walk yesterday, and it felt so totally different than a year ago.............. we didn't stop and gasp for breath even once!!!:smug:

I hope that you've all had a great weekend, and that your exercise/food programs are going well. SkinnyButt and Selina, you are both doing great! Keep up the good work..........

WHERE ARE SOME OF OUR BUDDIES? Dena, Jean, DewCan, etc.???? Where did you all go? We miss you............ :grouphug: to all! Have a great week! :cheer: for everybody! We can do this......... We have almost three weeks before Easter!:)

Den@
03-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi guys!
First of all, congratulations to you, Kandice!!!! The wedding snuck up on me. I thought you still had weeks to go. I'm so happy for you that everyone thought it was a beautiful wedding. Forget the small things that went wrong. Now it's time to concentrate on you and Chris... your wonderful life ahead of you. Really, I'm so happy for you!!!! And now you can relax... And yes, enjoy your honeymoon!!!!
Bonnie, I'm so proud of you! You had your little vacation, enjoyed it and got right back on the horse and lost the weight! Congrats to you. You've really done an excellent job. I always look forward to reading your messages.
As for me, I'm proud to say I finally have lost the extra pounds I put on the last few months. I'm back into my size 10 pants, thank God. And now have to work on getting to my old 8's. It hasn't been easy, but between the exercise and eating healthier, I'm slowly doing it. I still feel like a slob, but a little healthier one. LOL (Of course, if my mother and sisters would see me they would make me feel like I've accomplished nothing. My sisters are size 5.) Thank God for my hubby, who is my main support and fan. LOL And thank God for you all of your support.
Skinny, you're my inspiration! I love the fact that you love exercise, and that gets me going. You're doing a GREAT job! And congrats to you for buying nice, new clothes. You go, girl!
My hubby took the day off today. We have to do our taxes, which is kinda stressful for me. I hate this time of the year. LOL So, I better go now and get busy. Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone. Continue to do well.
Hugs all around.

skinny_butt
03-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Hope this day finds everyone doing well and blessed beyond imagination! :) Things here are good. I stepped on the scales this morning and alas, I'm still up two pounds! :( But, I'm going to work my heiny off and they, and hopefully more, will be gone next weigh in. I know some of it, if not all, is TOM stuff. My DH laughs at me and says I'm the only women in the world who looks forward to her TOM starting! I said, go ahead and laugh, laughing boy, but it's almost a guaranteed weight loss every month-what have you got? :D He's so much fun.

Had a great weekend. DH took DD's on individual "dates" on Fri/Sat evening and they had a blast. Of course, that gave me some one on one time w/DD's as well. We had a nice family day Sat.; hit the flea market and the mall. I indulged w/about 1/2 a soft pretzel and had a frappucino as well. They were both delish! :)

I haven't exercised, except for walking around at the mall/flea market, since Thursday. Will be back on track tonight. I'll either do the elliptical or tread at the Y. Doing good w/eating and water.

Kandice-Congrats! How does it feel to be Mrs. Chris? ;) I'm so glad that things went pretty smoothly for you. I'd definitely talk to the district manager about the tuxes. Good luck w/that. I can hardly wait to see the pix!

Bonnie-as a big WKU and UK fan, I LOVE it when Duke gets beat! :D My brother is a die-hard UK fan and it just kills him when I route for WKU against UK! But, gotta route for alum, right? Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work. :cb:

Selina-Good job on your steps. Keep up the good work. I got some more clothes this weekend and they didn't cost a thing! That's even better than the clearance rack! :D A friend at church overheard me talking about needing some more clothes. She said, I've got FOUR BOXES of stuff I think you can use. Just come and get them! Some of this stuff still had the tag on it. She has lost weight and couldn't used them so she just gave them to me. Isn't that wonderful? Some of the stuff I vetoed b/c the colors were wrong but I did manage to get several new things out of the deal. Yeah!

Dena-Congrats on your loss! :dance: Keep up the good work, lady! It was good to hear from you. I'll be sending you some positive thoughts during this tax season!

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day/evening everyone!

skinny_butt
03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
To let you know I'm back on track w/exercise. 60 minutes on the gazelle last night and blasted off w/Richard Simmons this a.m. doing well everywhere else. Hope everyone is having a great evening. Talk to all soon.

KandiceS
03-09-2005, 09:08 AM
first off congrats to all the "losers"! :balloons:

I'm back on track too- I only gained 1 lb over the wedding weekend (for eating KKs and fired food, and cake...) and I went back to eating right yesterday and I'm back to where I was.... now, I just have to get jumpstarted again (after the honeymoon)

I went shopping monday to buy the rest of my honeymoon clothes and although I had bought a pair of size 12 shorts before, I never bought 12 pants before- until Monday. I wore them yesterday and I had so many compliments and more people that I see everyday came up to me and asked me if I was losing weight. good feeling...

my pictures are online but the server is busy right now- anyways- www.caudillsphotography.com and then click on the camera to see pics online, then weddings, and then archibald/sage wedding. (I like the kissy pictures the best :lol: )
Have a great day everyone!

skinny_butt
03-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Kandice-Hip, hip hooray on getting pants in a size 12! :cb: :bravo: That is totally awesome! Keep up the good work, young lady. I'm getting frustrated b/c I can't get into the site to see your pictures! I can hardly wait. I'm sure you were a beautiful bride. I guess I'll just have to be patient try again later.

Eveyone else-where are ya? Come back and fill us in on all your goings on.

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 35 minutes on the treadmill last night for a total of 6 miles. Whew. I'm still tired! :) Because of all this exercise last night, I used my stretching video this morning. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to get up the steps to work today! :D Otherwise, I'm doing well. Although I must admit to a PMS moment and let you know that I ate some oreos yesterday. Not overindulged but I did eat sweets. *sigh* Sorry. I'll be good from now til Easter-I promise. Doing well w/water and getting back into a.m. exercise routine.

Gotta run. have a great day! Take care.

deleted
03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey there guys, how are you all? :coffee: I will post a quickie for now, and come back later. Kandice, I, too, have tried to get to your pictures but no luck yet! Will keep trying! Congrats on the size 12 pants. So proud of you, kid! :balloons:

SkinnyButt, you are going to exercise your butt off, really! :D Treadmill AND elliptical...... You GO!!!!!!! I did 25 minutes on the bike last night, then weight machines for 50 minutes so I'm doing pretty well.:^: Back in the water tonight. Last week I did three water workouts, two weight & bike sessions, and a 2-mile walk one day. That is my weekly goal, with maybe a walk on that 7th day, too, if my knees don't protest.

So I am still at 196 since Monday (boy, have I celebrated! My Reuben Monday night with potato salad was GRAND!:lol:), but I really hope to drop a bit more this week. I'm hoping for 193 by Easter Sunday.....

Where are all our buddies???? Show your pretty faces, ladies!!!:)

Have a great day, all!

skinny_butt
03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I finally got on the website to see your wedding pix! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You were radiant and you both looked very, very happy! Oh, and did I mention gorgeous? :D So happy for you!

KandiceS
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
thank you skinny- I'm so happy with our pictures- I'm really glad- because pictures tell the story long after the memory starts to fade...

Busy at work- trying to get everything together for next week- honeymoon!

deleted
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow! Kandice, your pictures are gorgeous........... you and your gown were both a real WOW!!! :) Chris couldn't have looked handsomer............ you all make a lovely family! Thank you for sharing with us. I know you are so excited getting ready for your honeymoon, which will be splendid, I'm sure. HAVE A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D And DO NOT worry about your diet!!! Just look beautiful for Chris, eat, drink and be merry and have a fabulous honeymoon! :^:

I'm in the mountains at my sister's for the night, visiting my Mom for two days in the nursing home. I'm fighting the urge to eat tonight......... This place feels like home to me, and it's hard not to pig out. :mad:

I did water aerobics last night, will miss my weight workout tonight but will make it up on Saturday or Sunday. Will also do water aerobics again on Saturday. So hope that by next Monday, I can lose that 39th lb.

All you other ladies........... I'm pulling for you? How's everyone doing? :grouphug: to all! :)

Soon2BFitChick
03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone! Kandice, greattttt pics! I like the one where u are looking out to the left... it's sweet. :)

I'm sorry I can't reply to each of you. I have another cold.. plus I've been at the kids' school's Tropical Festival all day long. I got in 20,976 steps, over 9 miles today. I'm tired and not feeling well. Going to bed. Hope you all are having a great weekend. Hugs to each of you. Keep up ur good work. It will pay off in the end!

Bye for now! :wave:

deleted
03-14-2005, 10:29 AM
:dance: DRUM ROLL! :dance: Lost a pound, ladies!!! I am now 195 lbs. for the first time in years!!! :D :D :D That leaves two more lbs. to lose in 13 days to reach our Easter Chickie Challenge. I'm very pleased, especially considering I was just *on the road* for two days.

Selina, sure hope you are feeling better. It's hard to feel bad when you have little ones to care for, and you're trying to stick to a fitness program.

SkinnyButt, how are you? Please don't feel bad about having a little sweet stuff........... I say, enjoy everything in moderation as long as your scale is going in the right direction! You're doing a great job with your exercise!

Well, I'd bet that Kandice is one happy girl, enjoying her honeymoon, and, I hope, SPLURGING on goodies to her heart's content. She's worked so hard to get where she is ..... If you should read this, Kandice, hope you're having just the BEST time!!!:)

Well, ladies, hope to hear from some of you today!!!!!! Have missed you here lately!:^: Have a great week................

Soon2BFitChick
03-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi.. just checking in.. I did 12000+ each day from Mar. 1 to Mar. 14. Now I'm trying for 15000+ til the end of March. Trying to boost my metabolism bc I just can't tell if I might be on a plateau. I go up and down a little both ways in inches.. and I haven't weighed but will try to soon. I guess I'll have to give in and get myself a scale. :sad:

I'll hit the 15K today.. and I hope to keep my momentum up~ I walked 3 miles this a.m. to give me a good start. Can't wait to join the Y in April and really get into swimming and more weights, etc. I hope to get to 177 by the end of June. I am determined! :strong:

You all are doing great as well! Keep up the good work! It's worth it!! :cheer:

Oh and I'm definitely gonna try to hit my 199 by Easter. I really need to find a place to go weigh for free.. hmm.. any ideas??

Gotta run, will try to write again soon! :D

skinny_butt
03-17-2005, 10:22 AM
:) Happy St. Patrick's Day. It's good to be Irish, even if it is just a little Irish! :p

Well, ladies I stepped on the scale this morning and TA DA-I have reached my Easter Challenge goal of losing 5 pounds. Check out the updated signature/tracker: 212! Woo-hoo! :dance: So, that means I should be able to lose some more in the next 10 days, right? I'm sure gonna try.

I'm doing well w/exercise, eating and water. Monday-60 minutes on gazelle, Tuesday-50 minutes on elliptical, yesterday and today-30 minutes on gazelle and we'll go to the Y tonight as well.

Bonnie-congrats on the weight loss! :dancer: You go, girl. Keep up the good work. You'll have no trouble meeting you chickie challenge, I'm sure.

Selina-Glad you're feeling better. You really put in the steps, don't you? Keep it up and you'll soon reach your goal, no doubt. Have you joined the Y yet? If so, they should have a scale there. I know my Y has one in the wellness room-where all the treads/ellipticals are.

Kandice-thinking of you........and grinning! :D Hope you're having a BLAST!

Gotta run. Have a great day, ladies. We can do it. Only 10 more days to final WI for the chickies. Hang in there!

Soon2BFitChick
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hope ur wearing ur green!

I don't know what is wrong with me, I'm bummed out today. I am walking ALOT and doing other exercises every single day and I'm eating between 1200-1500 cals a day, making sure I get water in, and all that. I just feel like I'm at a plateau. My measurements are basically the same for a month. Makes no sense. Maybe I'm crazy.

skinny_butt
03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Selina-sorry to hear your down. :( I wish I had some words of wisdom. I went through the same thing a few months ago. I just kept doing what I was doing and eventually I broke through. I know the main reason someone hits a plateau is b/c your body is adjusting to all the changes made by getting healthy. Anyway, I'm sending you strength and good thoughts! :grouphug: Hang in there, sweetie. YOU CAN DO IT!! :cheer: STAY STONG AND STAY DETERMINED.

deleted
03-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey ladies.......... hope everyone is doing well. Our little group seems to be shrinking!!!:o Have only seen Selina and SkinnyButt here in the past week, and of course, Kandice is on her happy honeymoon! I am going through a period when I really want to eat, and have been doing more of it!:mad: I am up more than a pound.... close to 197 (instead of last Monday's 195), because I just haven't been as good as I should be! I missed water class yesterday because I didn't sleep the night before, and that's unusual for me.

Oh, well, we all go through these times but I will not lose my grip on my fitness program. Just one of those weeks when you go two steps back before you go one forward again!:dizzy: I am going to take a walk after my brunch, to make up for no exercise yesterday. Then watch NCAA basketball games this afternoon.

Go Tar Heels! Go Wolf Pack! Go Yellow Jackets!:p Even Go Blue Devils (when they're not playing another ACC team!)

:balloons: to you, SkinnyButt, for achieving your goal!!! So proud of you; way to go, girl! Keep up the good work!:)

Selina, hang in there! It WILL pay off! I'm pulling for you... :cheer:

Have a good day, all!

Tae2tas
03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello all,

Yes, I have been M.I.A. (Missing In Action). I call myself upgrading the motherboard in my computer and it turned into a major project. Well needless to say I built myself a whole new system :lol: thank goodness I'm a computer tech....or this would have cost me a couple of thousand dollars....LOL

I want to thank you all for great welcome to the group. ;) Although I have lost 2lbs since my last post it has been an up hill battle. At first it wasn't so hard, but then I went on a trip with my sister out of town. Now I didn't do as bad as you may think, but we all know we are our worst critic. When I got back home it was as if sugar was waiting at my front door. Ok maybe it was a Honeybun :lol: Oh how I love them with their cinnamon glaze dripping from their plastic wrapper (wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth). Oh let me stop and just focus on the size 12 skirt (previously size 18) I just bought today. YES SIZE 12!! (I'm doin' the "Happy Dance"!!)

We have a week to go .......Let's Do It!!

Tae2tas
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Skinny~ Is the Gazzell worth it? That infomercial has been catching my attention for some time now.

Soon~ Don't focus on your measuremeants or your plateau right now, because it will keep you bummed. I ran into the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I let it control my actions. A week later there I was not following my regimine and found out I still lost weight and inches. HOwever I was so mad at myself, because it I had not focus ont the plateau I would have lost even more weight. I know it sounds crazy but it does works.

~Tae2Tas

skinny_butt
03-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Hope things are going well w/everyone! Things here are good. I've done well w/my points and water goals. I have exercised everyday as well. I have walked/gazelled 15.5 miles since Friday so I'm on track, definitely, for my 20 miles for my walking club. I have about 18 miles to make up from being sick a few weeks ago so I hope to make up a few miles towards that this week.

Bonnie-Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. :) It feels so good to have accomplished so much. It's amazing how much better I feel and how much more energy I have as well. Sounds like you have a good, healthy attitude towards staying on track w/your exercise. There are so many factors that effect our weight so don't get discouraged. Just jump right back into it, which it sounds like you're doing. That little ole pound will be gone before you know it.

Tae2Tas- I like the way you think; changing that old tape (longing for honeybuns) with new tapes (enjoying smaller clothes). That's the way to succeed. :) As for the gazelle, I love mine. I usually do about 30 minutes in the morning and 30 at night on the nights we don't get to the YMCA. It's easy on the knees. It comes w/a video that gives you complete instructions, different types of exercise to do on it and stretching warm-up exercises as well. I think it's been a good investment.

Selina-how are you doing?

Has anyone thought about our next challenge? Maybe Kandice will have some inspiration for us when she returns. The only thing I can think of is a July 4th challenge but that would be an awfully long one. Any ideas? Wait, Memorial Day is coming up, DUH! Maybe a challenge for that?

Gotta run. Have a great day. Take care! Be kind to yourself today.

KandiceS
03-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone- I'm back! 4 lbs heavier but worth it! (Chris gained 7 lbs) :lol: It'll all go away now once I start getting back into the swing of things. I started eating Low Carb again today and went to curves- 144 workouts since I started- my goal is to have 200 workouts by June- don't know if I can do it (there 72 more M-Fs left till June 30th)- but I'm going to try!

Selina- 9 miles- WOW! wtg! :balloons:

Bonnie- wow- 195- everyone is doing so good! (and thank you for the kind words!)

skinny- "eggs"cellent work getting to your easter goal early! I bet it feels so great to accomplish it! (and early!)

tae2tas- Welcome back! congrats on the size 12! That's what I'm wearing now too (in pants)- from a 16/18 to start with. Small clothes are the greatest!

I bought a size 12 dress back in September when I wasn't really losing weight and it fit good back then (I'm smaller on top anyways)- I wore it for formal night on the cruise and the shoulders kept falling off- almost time to try on the size 8 dress I have hanging on the front of my closet to monitor my success! and I spoke with an aunt I haven't seen since the wedding and my "evil" stepmom- she's been telling everyone that my wedding dress was a size 10 and I had it taken in 2ce! LOL! yay stepmom! (in reality I TRIED ON a size 10 dress- that wouldn't zip- in that style BUT ordered a size 16- but had to have it taken in 2ce... but it's nice she's bragging about me- even giving me more credit)

I haven't gotten my pics developed yet but will shortly and get them posted- the honeymoon was the best! The weather was terrific the whole time! we sat with 3 other couples our age at dinner and hit it off with one couple from Minnesota- they went snorkeling with us one day. and we met another couple at the dolphin excusion that was married on March 5th- they were on their honeymoon too. we hung out with them a lot too. The dolphins- they are amazing animals. so smart. we stood about 3 feet apart and then the dolphins would swim in and out of the people and you could pet them. 1 of them rolled over for me and chris so we could rub its belly. so cute. at the end of it, they were giving kisses to everyone- so you offer the dolphins your cheek and they come up and put their nose on your cheek. Chris hadn't shaved and it gave chris a kiss and swam right away afterwards- didn't like that he was picky. and everyone laughed- asked if he usually got that response... :lol: and then it was my turn to get a kiss, and the dolphin came to me and kissed me and the lady took a picture and then I stood up- the dolphin was still there- he wanted more kisses from me! :lol:

snorkeling was so much fun too- we got to bring home a conch shell and try conch meat- supposed to be an aphrodesiac (sp?) - so when we started he asked if there were any newlyweds there and it was only us- so we raised our hands and were the first to try the conch meat. I think it tastes like scallops- not really any special taste.

food was good- nothing special really though- I had lobster tail one night and I htought it was rubbery (and being from Maine I KNOW what good lobster is!) and Chris got filet mignon but he had to CUT/SAW at it- it wasn't tender at all. The man of the couple from Minn and Chris both had escargot for an appetizer one night and they were being very "redneck" about it. "so this is snails?" "down south, we pour salt on them (he was talking about slugs) and watch them melt" "too cold in Minn for snails- never seen any" the other woman and I were like "we married these guys?!"

anyone heard from Dena?
keep going everyone- everyone's doing Great! Now I have to get going to hold up my end!

skinny_butt
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Just wanted to check in w/everyone. Things here are going well. I did 3 miles on the elliptical last night. I now have 18.5 miles towards my weekly 20 miles. I'm trying to catch up on the miles I missed when I was sick a few weeks ago. I hope to have 10 made up this week. That will only leave me 8 in the hole. Good eating day yesterday as well.

Kandice-So nice to have you back! It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I'm so happy for you. Be sure to post some of those pix when you get them back. Also, let us know about the size 8. I think it's great that you only came back w/4 extra pounds. You'll have that off in no time!

Everyone else-hope all is well. I'm missing those of you who haven't been in here for a while. Visit soon and let us know how it's going for you.

I think I've found my own personal challenge-but don't leave me out of the new challenge here, for goodness sake! Anyway, it looks like my oldest DD and I will be going on a mission trip in September w/the Baptist Medical and Dental missions. They will be traveling to a place calle Israel (pronounced IzRayel), Nicarugua. It will be a seven day trip and we are very excited. We've never been on one before and can hardly wait to experience it together. The team will be putting up some new buildings, supplying an optical, dental and medical clinic as well as other community projects. It's been 12 years since the team has been there so the need is great. So, I want to be as healthy as possible when we go so I can help as much as possible. Do you think my ultimate goal of 180 is obtainable by that time? I'm at 212 right now. It's the end of September so that would give me approximately 6 months to lose 32 pounds. Input? Advice?

Well, ladies gotta run. Have a great evening!

KandiceS
03-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Skinny- way to go on your miles- you'll be there in no time!

as far as your goal weight- I think you can get there- September's 6 months away and it's easier to be active in the summer anyways. I don't know how fast you're losing but if you follow the 2 lbs a week then there's time for 48 lbs! we'll all be here to cheer you on and keep you on track!

the mission trip sounds so much fun! I'd love to do a mission trip with our church sometime. We're having revival this week and the guest has been everywhere- Brazil, India, quite a few more places too, spreading the word. The feeling of satisfaction and that you helped make a difference in someone's life- wow, I don't even have anything that I could begin to compare it to, that I've done with my life so far.

how's everyone else doing? I had no problem drinking water while we were on the honeymoon, but now that we're back it's a hard time... so that's my small goal for today- to drink all my water. and go to curves at lunch time. I'll have 146 visits today since I joined last June. I think I'm still on track for my 200 visits by June this year, and then 300 visits by December 2005.

deleted
03-23-2005, 11:14 AM
:coffee: Hi everybody, and especially our new bride! So glad your honeymoon was fabulous, Kandice, and I think you did great to only be up four pounds!!! We missed you, and it's good to have you back! :grouphug:

SkinnyButt, first, your trip sounds like a wonderful thing to do, and I commend you and your daughter. What a great experience for the two of you to share!:) If you lost one pound a week, you have time to lose 26 pounds by then. I try not to expect more than a pound a week off, for myself. It is so difficult, after you've really gotten into a program and lost a good chunk already, to lose more than that per week, without EXTREME discipline, which some of you may have, but I DON'T!:o :dizzy: :lol: You KNOW you can lose at least a pound a week, and if you lose more, then GREAT!!! Good luck.......... I know you'll do it!

SkinnyButt (& everybody), should we do a Memorial Day Challenge after this Easter one ends on Saturday? We would have over two months to lose........ I'd be game. I doubt that I will be at 193 on Saturday morning.... I still hope .... but doubt it! :^: I've been eating more like 1800 to 2000 per day this past week, due to a lot of stress (for one thing, having a tooth extracted tomorrow, had some worries with/about the procedure......... but not a good excuse, really! :(:o) So I'm maintaining my loss, but don't know about losing any more by Saturday!

Girls, have a great day! :cheer:

(Where are all our *missing persons?* :( Miss you girls......... hope you will be back!!!)

KandiceS
03-23-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd be game, Bonnie, for a memorial day challenge- I need something closer than my birthday in july to work towards- and that would be a good half way point... now that all the wedding and honeymoon is done (we still have a reception in Maine in June) but most the stress is over, I can concentrate on ME again...

wait until you see pictures (of the honeymoon, and other misc that was on the film before)- I took pictures of me in my shorts (size 18) last summer, I'm now wearing a 12/14- mostly 14s but I have 2 pairs of 12 pants. I hope I can make the size of the picture small enough so the board will accept it. I have problems sometime making them small, even when I copy them as web-ready. Going to hopefully work on it tonight- to getting them downloaded on the computer...

never going back..... never going back....

deleted
03-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Kandice, can't wait to see your pics! Isn't it great to be down a couple of sizes??:smug: !! Last year this time, I was a size 2X/ size 22 in most things. Now I'm an XL on top, and a size 18 pretty much, I'd say, on the bottom. YEE-HAWWWWWWWWWW!:p

We could call our new Challenge, "The Memorable Chicks Memorial Day Challenge" or anything better that you guys may come up with??? Anyhoo.......... it starts Monday after we enjoy our Easter, right?:)

You will notice that I changed my goal weight on my tracker. I'd had 150 as my goal (at 5' 10"), but now I'm going for a healthy BMI (25 or less), and just feeling and looking good. I think, with 25 lbs. off, at 170 lbs., I will feel good about myself, and that will bring my BMI to 25 or less. I think I'll be happy with that so we'll see...............

Later, 'gators!:)

Soon2BFitChick
03-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi girlies!!!

Ty Bonnie and Skinny for the encouragement. I hope to weigh on Friday, I'll let y'all know soon. :^:

And YES I am in for the Memorial Day Challenge. Sounds great! :D

Ty Tae also. Congrats on the size 12!! I have never been in a size 12! So I really can't wait for that too! Are you tall? I'm 5'4" and at around 200, I'm in an 18. When I did get to 179, I was in a 16 pants, 14 top. Ah well, we'll see what happens when I get there.. Note the keyword is WHEN, not IF. I guess I'm getting some of my determination back! This spring is gonna be great! :smug:

Kandice! Welcome baaaack! So glad your honeymoon went well!!! :D

I think this is gonna be OUR YEAR girls. :D Definitely. What do you all think about this...

We could all plan a weekend to meet and share pictures, esp. Before ones, after we hit our goal. Or at least be 10-15 lbs. from it. We can always change our goals. Maybe go to a state none of us have ever been to.. And we can set a tentative date, even next spring. Just one weekend.. even just flying (or driving) there on Friday evening, and coming home Sunday night. Spend Saturday together, eat, talk, go bowling.. lol. Or something, whatever! Might be fun. I'd have to start saving now. I have no clue how much it is to fly lately. If you all think this is too much, I understand. I just know it would be great to meet you all. Esp. if it is next year, look how long we'll all have been friends on here! It would be the round trip flight (or driving cost), two hotel nights, food cost, some type of entertainment on Sat. We can bring bfs, DHs, an older child, or our grandma, with us. But I wouldn't bring my whole family. My DH and I haven't been away together in a while. This would be something nice to look forward to. ;)

We plan to go to Galveston for the weekend in April for his Bday and have some of those black and white, old fashioned pics made, complete with hair in a bun and mild smiles. LOL. :lol:

Well, let me know! Either way is fine. Hugs, and hope you all have a great Easter!!

KandiceS
03-23-2005, 01:40 PM
bonnie- I think that's why I've been stalled here for a while- I'm 5'10 too- so my BMI right now is 25- "acceptable weight". 155 has always been a magic number- I don't even know where I got it from, that I picture people (read= myself) 5'10" being...

challenge starts monday- we need to enjoy easter first! I'm still hoping for some Peeps! we went to Walmart last night and I told Chris AGAIN that Peeps were my FAVORITE... lets see if it sinks in...

Selina- hi again!! just wanted to wave hi and say I think you're doing great... can't wait until friday so I can see how you did!

still drinking my water today- I am going to finish it all before 5 pm- that's only 3 hours... gulp gulp gulp!

KandiceS
03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
just wanted everyone to know that I drank all my water yesterday and today I was down another lb! That is all the honeymoon weight gone now and I'm back to where I was.

so I downloaded some pictures- got some more to do- 4 more rolls- maybe this weekend....

hope everyone is doing good- last day of work for me this week! YAY!

check back later

deleted
03-24-2005, 09:40 AM
:dance: WAY TO GO, KANDICE!!! :dance: You have your weight back down... ATTAGIRL!:smug:

As of this morning, I'm back to 195 range, so that's four of the six pounds that I'm supposed to have off by Sunday morning!!! Maybe I'll make five yet!:p

I'm getting ready to go have this huge upper molar extracted. Going for just the Novocaine......:( :o I really don't like drugs that knock you out so say a little prayer for me that my *anti-pain angels* hover closely by! :^:

Selina, your idea for a get-together would be a fun one, but maybe hard to accomplish. (Although it would be easy for Kandice & me........ we could get together at the Bojangles in Elkin! :D ) Thanks for suggesting it... but with everyone's super-busy lives, it probably would not be easy. I would love to meet you girls, for sure............:)

Well, time to get a bath and head for my dental surgeon (who looks like Kevin Spacey and Nicholas Cage rolled into one!!! :dizzy:

Have a great day, ladies! :cheer: for all! Keep going......... Three more days until weigh-in!

deleted
03-27-2005, 05:25 PM
:dance: I made my Easter Challenge. I had lost two pounds as of this morning, weighing 193, my goal for today. WHEW!!!!!!!!:o :D Didn't think I'd make it, as I have not been that good, eating soft comfort food since my tooth extraction. :dance:

Hope you're all having a great holiday weekend. I'll be anxious to see how everyone else has done, when all is said and done. We'll start the new Challenge tomorrow, okay? I'm already thinking about what a realistic loss will be between now and Memorial Day.

:grouphug: to you all! Hope the Bunny was good to you....:)

KandiceS
03-28-2005, 08:40 AM
wow! way to go bonnie!

I was so bad this weekend- eating, and eating and eating. I'm starting low carb faithfully today. Peeps are my favorite and 5 peeps have 40 grams of carbs! So my 40-60 a day went right out the window, and then of course Chris' mom had icecream fro dessert (another weakness) "all that and caramel" with reeces pb cups and caramel swirls! mmmm! but today is a new day and I'm starting over!

look forward to seeing everyone again- and meeting new people in our next challenge! someone set it up?

deleted
03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Ladies, I took it upon myself to start the *Memorable Chicks Memorial Day Challenge" for us. See you all there! :)

deleted
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Sorry for any confusion!:dizzy: