South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Smile Tues. Daily 02/15

Just gettin us started. I'm off to get coffee Come join me!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chickies!!

Just a quick note from me as well. I have to get to school early and see what chaos awaits me after leaving my library to a sub for 2 days!

At least I had them not check out books yesterday, so I can pray that the collection is not in shambles!

I am starting phase I today for a few days after our little diversion from the plan over our anniversary. I am only up one pound, which is suprising, because BOY did I divert! Well, how can you say "NO!" to breakfast when you are at a bed and breakfast, right? Well, I better get going!

Have a wonderful day all!!!

Nally
Old 02-15-2005, 08:05 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hey Kellie~~Where is everybody? How was your Valentines Day?

DH and I had our first candlelight dinner in the new kitchen (grilled steak, roasted veggies, salad and a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio). He brought me a beautiful bouquet of different colored roses and ice cream for dessert (I did have some). The job he is on should end soon and then he will be back to "kitchen duty" to finish this room up.
Nothing exciting today~dental cleaning, grocery shopping.......
Old 02-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Nally, we posted at the same time.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!

Quickie... just heading out the door.
Ruth's ISP is down, in case you're wondering where she is...
Back later... love you all!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Sil...No big V-Day here. Soccer game for me and the kids and an AYSO audit for DH. Well all he had to do was be there. He didn't get home til 9:30 and I was on the phone/pc til after 10 gettin mine and my recruits orders finished up. So no hearts floatin in the air around here! lol Sounds like you and DH had a very nice time. I am hopin to finish up the paintin in the kitchen tonight. DH still has a lil sandin to do on the bottom of the walls. Hopefully after DD's soccer game he can finish it up so I can clean all this dust up. If I ever get it all cleaned!

Nally.... I hope the lil buggers have not made toooo big of a mess for ya to clean up! lol Oh Phase 1 I think I am as well! (again)

Ellis... Good Morning to ya!

Me... Workin around here. Lot's to do! Nuttin I want to do! lol I need a housekeeper! lol The high is supposed to be 72* here today! Back in the 50's by Thursday. Well I'm off to do summin even if it's wrong! lol Have a great day all!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:40 AM   #7  

Good Morning all - just a quick note. Have alot to do today at work. Ran my hiney parts off yesterday. Hunny, congratulations on the engagement. Hope everything goes well for you.

Sil ~ I don't mind her picking and besides - she likes to collect the "pretty ones" to give to me. It's worth it to me to sacrifice a few flowers for the look on her face

Ellis ~ I know Ruth is probably about to have a _____ fit cause she can't post I'm sure she will make up for lost time

Nally ~ What great news I know you're excited. Good Luck at the Dr.

Kellie ~ Hope all is well with you and that you had a great V-day. WORK ON THE KITCHEN WOMAN!!!!! WORK ON THE KITCHEN WOMAN!!!!!!lol:

Me ~ I had a very busy day yesterday and it's looking like today will be no different. WOOOO HOOOO.

Well, gotta go - duty calls. I'll try to check in later on you ladies. Those of you who are just coming in or waking up ----GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA BED!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Sweeties! My ISP was down first thing this morning. It's a small operation and I think they just take it down when they want to go for coffee! They are called RipNet and the logo is a shark - that gives you some idea.

Bamie, you are so busy and yet have time to start us up and post several times. You may have a Southern drawl but you sure work fast.

Nally, I am delighted to hear your good news from yesterday. Whew! You anniversary weekend sounds great.

SIL, what a great way to spend VDay! Your dinner sounds great - especially the wine - and it must have been wonderful to celebrate in your own kitchen.

Ellis my Sweet, have a wonderful birthday and eat Bridge Mix if you like. Lunch with a friend sounds great - I wish I was the friend today.

Kelly, good YELL at the sleepyheads! I'm glad Rayney is a flower nut just like you. I am a gardener too and envy you your Garden ZOne. We are USDA4!

Around here we are in Spring flood mode which is really silly because we always have loads more snow in February and March. All the snow in the meadow and woods flows through our side yard to get to the culvert. It looks like there is a creek in the dog yard! The Girls adore it, of course, and come indoors soaked. Soon it will be mud out there and it'll be really messy. (I wish they had feet I could inscrew and change for indoor feet.) Oh well, at least most of the snow will be gone and there'll be that much less to get rid of in real Spring.

Aside from Gail's visit yesterday, we had a quiet VDay. Moël came down and finished splitting the balance of that wood and even split me a box of kindling for a VDay present. I was feeling punky yesterday and didn't even go out of the house for the newspaper! I had a two hour nap in the PM, did no treadmill, had Shepherd's Pie for dinner (off program) and was in bed by ten. I feel great this morning. I think it was sickies from pain and pain killers.

Today I need to whip up a batch of my BARF dogfood and do a few other niggles. I really should go to town for more mousetraps but that will depend on how the morning goes.

Getting my butt in gear and onto the treadmill - WITH the knee support this time!

Happy Tuesday.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Bamie, for starting us up! Glad my DH and I weren't the only ones who had a housework-based v-day. DH cooked, took the trash out, and did dishes and I went to class, then did laundry.

Nally, I hope you had a wonderful visit. I haven't read yesterday's daily, but I'd love to hear more about your trip if you didn't mention it there! When DH and I went to a B&B in July, I didn't want to impose on my host for breakfast changes, but she insisted on making something I could have. Her DH had done SBD, so she had the cookbook, and she made me two wonderful SBD breakfasts!

Sil, what a special valentine's day! The candlelight glancing off all those granite surfaces must have been beautiful!

Ellis, I hope you're having a great birthday!!! Will you get a chance to sit on the couch with a good book today? :

Rayneysmom, now I know what woke me up this morning! Have a great day!

Ruth, glad you're back and feeling better! Your girls must soak up water like crazy with those curly coats! Our dog hates water (thankfully)...she gets under my feet if she not sure where to walk to avoid getting her delicate paws wet.

Me:

Things are beyond crazy at work. I have my big career fair in two weeks and students are gone for break next week, so I have to get a lot done this week. We are doing a week long exploration of careers and our student workers are working on that so there isn't much else they can do. I'm crazy busy and super-stressed! On top of it all, I have a 30 page paper to write, and I need to get my resume done and a bunch of apps out there for teaching. <sigh> I need a vacation!

I haven't been exercising, so I'm really wanting to get back to the gym. I miss it! I'll be in there tomorrow!!!

Have a great day, chickies (and roosters)!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #10  

Morning! It seems like everyone I work with is out sick this week. And since they are all in different states, I KNOW I didn't give it to them. I hope this will be a short flu season because it sure seems like a bad one.

Brian woke on his own this morning, feeling good (and dry too!) so he is on the mend. I'm sure it will take awhile for our coughs to go away but that's okay.

Work looks like it will be hectic again today. Hopefully I won't be stuck here late since we have a Den meeting tonight. Actually I can't be stuck here late since DH has jury duty and I have to pick up Brian at his after school program. We are talking about going out to lunch today at Cozymel's if I can make the time. I looked at their menu and they have Lo Carb Fajitas with veggies instead of rice and lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. Sounds yummy. I hope I can go.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  
beachbum

Post Hi, I'm new Can I Join you Ladies in the Daily

Saw this thread and I thought I join you in a cup of or just posting.

Nally= Happy anniversary. One pound isn't bad, You'll get that off in no time going on Phase 1.

Sil=We had our Valentines in the kitchen also,but our is not new.We really don't celebrate as we believe its to commerical. Although a little box of(Low Carb) candy managed to get into our house anyway. So we decided to that 2 pcs each per day and the box will be finished by Friday.There was a total of 18 pcs.

Bamiie=Its very Foggy where we live,Its like Pea Soup. Hope it will clear so I can go out and do my 45 min. walking for the first time this year as we had 3 fts of snow that is finally melting.

Kelly=My Head is out of my bed. We had to get up early today as we're having new windows put into our house..I'm here until the foggy lifts and I can go for my walk.

By the way I loss 1 lb : at my weigh-in this morning. Now I'm finally on my way down after being on meds for the whole month of Jan.QUESTION How do you change your tracker??????????

Have a nice day Hugs Beach Bum

Last edited by beach bum; 02-15-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, BB. Good going on the loss despite the meds.

To change your tracker, the easiest way is to go into User CP, then into Signature. Within the code for your tracker, you will see 159/140/156. All you have to do is change the last number which is pounds loss and save it and it will be right. Holler if you need help.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #13  
beachbum

Post THanks Ruth

I made a copy of what to for the next time. So I don't have to bother you each time I change it. Thanks again Hugs BB
Old 02-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!

Bamie- When do we get to see your kitchen?

Nally- Isn't B & B breakfast wonderful???? MMMMM....I'm just thinking about the quiche and the strawberry cream filled croissants right now.

Sil- Was your first meal in your new kitchen all you expected it to be? It sounds divine (especially a little ice cream)!

Ellis- Happy Birthday again!

Kelly- Isn't running your hiney parts off a good thing? Doesn't it count as exercise?

Ruth- No treadmill, Shepard's pie and a nap.....that sounds LOVELY!!!! Have fun making BARF!!!!

Laurie- You definitely need a vacation!!!! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Good luck! Get back to the gym as soon as you feel ready!

Barb- Jury duty! I hate jury duty!!! The fajitas sound really good. I hope you get to go...and I'm glad you're feeling better!

Beach Bum- Congrats on the weight loss!

Everyone else to come- Have a great day!

Me-
DH was trying to be a really sweet guy by bringing me home a box of low carb candy last night. He just doesn't get this diet I guess. I went ahead and had a few pieces and my tummy has been upset since! Maltodextrin is some nasty stuff! I ended going off plan as DH begged for pizza for V-Day. While he went out to get it, I set up our TV trays with a table cloth and candles. He laughed at it when he got home. That was the extent of our V-Day. I spoke to a few of my brides and watched "The Bachelorette". Definitely nothing too interesting!

I almost slept through my alarm this morning but did finally drag myself out of bed to get my exercise in. It was rough with my tummy being a little upset but I managed to get through it.

Today, the cabinet people are coming out to measure the kitchen. We picked out the cabinets we want this past weekend. We're going with maple doors in a natural finish with a porcelain glaze. They are really pretty! After the design, we should expect the cabinets in 4-6 weeks. UGH! Another 4-6 weeks with my kitchen torn apart! I believe the contractor is coming tomorrow to finally remove the wall. He's been really busy and had to cancel twice now! DH only trusts him since he knows him well so I guess we'll wait.

Tomorrow I'll be posting really late as I have my yearly exam at 8:30 in the morning and an appointment with the dermatologist at 11:00. I have a family history of skin cancer and have quite a few moles that look a little strange. I think it's best that I get them checked out. Mom blessed me with way too many moles!!!

That's about it for me today! I'll pop back in when I can!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #15  
I graduated!

Hi Everyone...

I'm still not back on plan but today DH had a doctors appt and found that last when when he had fasting blood work done that his glucose was like 158. I know over a year ago I had an A1C that was a very bad number.

SO... since he has taken today off work and although I'm starting work (had an "orientation" yesterday) this week I have nothing scheduled until Friday so today I'm wanting to get back on track.

I'm terrified about doing phase one again but really want to get some of the weight I gained back off. I hated how I felt for the first week and a half of phase one, the migraines etc...

Also, one thing that hurt me before was the list making and shopping... does anyone have any suggestions for me???? I am NOT an orgainzed person unless I have someone standing over me to remind me to stay on task.

I have also cut back on my thyroid medication this week so that we can see if that was causing the rapid heart rate I was having. I'm worried about being tired again.

Today I have a headache that dosn't seem to want to quit, I don't know if it's no fruit at breakfast or the decrease in medicaiton... or the stress of waiting to find out if I passed the NCLEX-RN (state board exam for registered nursing). If I don't pass I don't exactly get to start work, and I can't retest for 45 days.

I'll take any advice you can share... and if you're a compulsive list maker or have any quick and easy recipies that you can share PLEASE DO!!!! These days even taco bake seems too complicated.

Lovingly,
Closed Thread